HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1201 of 1237 Old 04-17-2019, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk44 View Post
Thank you can you send me the correct Mailadress for this

You can find email addy on the footer of any page on hdfury.com

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1202 of 1237 Old 04-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
I cannot remember all devices specs unfortunately, if memory serves dreamscreen, is 10.2Gbps HDCP1.4 right ? if so some content won't be available for it when placed after AVR. if it fails for any content, then it's something else.
But yes for sure, any of our devices can fix the issue.


If you play games and input lag is important, then I would not set it like you described, I would set X1X > INTEGRAL2 or VERTEX > one output downscaled to AVR/Dream screen and other output straight to TV.
If you don't play games and input lag not important, then yes, you can use just one chain.


Knowing the dreamscreen exact specs is important here because if it's inferior to your TV and if your AVR cannot split 2 outputs at 18Gbps, then you will limit the picture quality seriously in your setup by using Linker vs Vertex/Integral2.
@m00n22 Hi! I currently still have the HDFury Linker running from my Denon's second video output into the Dreamscreen only. Video Out 1 is basically completely separate and only goes into the C8! Does that make sense?
drdoom2k is offline  
post #1203 of 1237 Old 04-27-2019, 09:32 AM
Member
 
ramdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can you tell us more about the upscaler in the Linker?

What technology does it use and how does it compare to DVDO Mini and Lumagen products?
ramdrive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1204 of 1237 Old 04-27-2019, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdrive View Post
Can you tell us more about the upscaler in the Linker?

What technology does it use and how does it compare to DVDO Mini and Lumagen products?

Read the first pages, there isn't much possible to say about technology in use. It use similar scaler than you could find in 2016 medium range 4K TV
Regarding how does it compete to DVDO Mini and Lumagen products, that's up to owners of those devices and ours to tell you about. We never comment that.


I do remember and retained Claw comment saying something among those lines: Vertex upscaler does a better job than Linker one and apparently OPPO203 have slightly better upscaler than Vertex.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1205 of 1237 Old 05-13-2019, 12:20 AM
Senior Member
 
mpyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
There will be an update this month for all APP.

Hi, still no update for the Linker APP?

To be or NOT to be......YOU are WHO you ARE
mpyw is offline  
post #1206 of 1237 Old 05-14-2019, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyw View Post
Hi, still no update for the Linker APP?

If you are referring to Android 9 update, we have provided a Vertex test APP for android 9 and we was waiting for feedback to confirm all is good on most phones (tested ok on Sony xperia here)
I'll give you similar test file for Linker APP, then may be you can confirm for us.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1207 of 1237 Old 05-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
mpyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you are referring to Android 9 update, we have provided a Vertex test APP for android 9 and we was waiting for feedback to confirm all is good on most phones (tested ok on Sony xperia here)
I'll give you similar test file for Linker APP, then may be you can confirm for us.

Yes I would like to have the test file to try on my Note 9

To be or NOT to be......YOU are WHO you ARE
mpyw is offline  
post #1208 of 1237 Old 05-16-2019, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Arrow Linker APP Android APP update and GoBlue Firmware update available

There is an updated Linker Android APP available from Google Play, it add support for Android 9.
There is also an updated GoBlue firmware that fix a small bug on iOS.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1209 of 1237 Old 06-10-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,638
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
I was going to get a Linker to allow me to enable the Dynamic Iris on my JVC X570R with HDR sources; other equipment is Apple TV 4k, Panasonic UB900, Marantz 7702MkII, and Insignia NS-55DF710NA19 (4k Amazon Fire TV).

However, I want to avoid the longer sync times noted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
For me, the Linker seemed to add up to 5 seconds to the JVC sync time with the Linker placed before my AVR. With the Vertex, there is practically no increase beyond the normal JVC sync time. This is with the Vertex placed after my AVR.
I saw elsewhere that the Integral (not Integral 2) is also quicker.

But I saw in the comparison table here https://www.hdfury.com/comparison/ that the Integral lacks the chroma conversion and color depth change that the Linker has.

I don't think I'll miss these but am not sure.

I don't believe I need the Integral in the path to the TV, if that's relevant.

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #1210 of 1237 Old 06-11-2019, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
I was going to get a Linker to allow me to enable the Dynamic Iris on my JVC X570R with HDR sources; other equipment is Apple TV 4k, Panasonic UB900, Marantz 7702MkII, and Insignia NS-55DF710NA19 (4k Amazon Fire TV).

However, I want to avoid the longer sync times noted below.



I saw elsewhere that the Integral (not Integral 2) is also quicker.

But I saw in the comparison table here https://www.hdfury.com/comparison/ that the Integral lacks the chroma conversion and color depth change that the Linker has.

I don't think I'll miss these but am not sure.

I don't believe I need the Integral in the path to the TV, if that's relevant.

You need to disable HDR fully and Integral1 cannot do that, so Linker is the right choice, if you want to avoid longer sync time (JVC already have very long sync time) then use Vertex or Integral2.
noah katz likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1211 of 1237 Old 06-11-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,638
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
I see, thanks.

I've been continuing to read and saw that the additional sync delay can be reduced (eliminated?) if the Linker is placed before the AVR.

I only have two video sources, Apple TV 4k and Panasonic UB900, so the two Linker inputs are sufficient.

Presumably I just feed the Linker output into one of the AVR HDMI inputs.

I'm fine with switching inputs manually.

Any reason this wouldn't work - does the below apply?

"Linker does NOT support all available Dolby Vision (no support for LLDV) and Dolby Atmos (no support for MAT)."

Also, to be clear, Linker and 4k Linker are the same product, right?

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #1212 of 1237 Old 06-11-2019, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
I see, thanks.

I've been continuing to read and saw that the additional sync delay can be reduced (eliminated?) if the Linker is placed before the AVR.

I only have two video sources, Apple TV 4k and Panasonic UB900, so the two Linker inputs are sufficient.

Presumably I just feed the Linker output into one of the AVR HDMI inputs.

I'm fine with switching inputs manually.

Any reason this wouldn't work - does the below apply?

"Linker does NOT support all available Dolby Vision (no support for LLDV) and Dolby Atmos (no support for MAT)."

Also, to be clear, Linker and 4k Linker are the same product, right?

Yes sync is more likely faster before an AVR rather than after, all into the other, difference in sync time is max 5sec, when your PJ already have 20 or 25s sync time, so it's up to you to decide if that is excessive or not and then decide if it worth upgrading to another unit.


If you place it before AVR, then you might also have issue with Atmos from ATV4K as Linker does not support Dolby MAT which is used by ATV4K for Atmos transmission since a while. (they were using Atmos over True HD before which works fine on Linker)


The best is really to use Integral2 or Vertex as wrote before.
noah katz likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1213 of 1237 Old 06-11-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,638
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
I see, thanks

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #1214 of 1237 Old 06-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Baron5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Where is the newer firmware housed?

Where is the fw for the linker? I see people talking about firmware versions beyond 20 but .20 is all I see on the fw download page.
Baron5 is offline  
post #1215 of 1237 Old 06-17-2019, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Where is the fw for the linker? I see people talking about firmware versions beyond 20 but .20 is all I see on the fw download page.

HDfury.com > products > Linker > Download TAB.


Anything else than HDfury.COM is NOT OFFICIAL !!!

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1216 of 1237 Old 06-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
NismoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I was wondering if you all can help. I have a Pioneer Elite SC07 AVR that I still use as a central device in my TV room. I still use an old 1080p TV and am thinking of upgrading to 4k HDR screen. I only have an Xbox One X as my gaming, 4k Blu-ray and streaming device. I would like to wait on purchasing a new AVR until HDMI 2.1 shows up.

If I get a new TV, would one of these HDfury boxes allow me to route Xbox One X video to a new TV? Then route HD audio to my current HDMI 1.4 AVR?

Would it do this without AV sync issues?

Would HDMI 2.0b features such as VRR, QFT, QMS, ALLM from the Xbox One X still be passed in the video stream to the new TV?

Any downsides I haven't thought about in this setup?

What model HDfury would do what I need?
NismoZ is online now  
post #1217 of 1237 Old 06-19-2019, 03:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I was wondering if you all can help. I have a Pioneer Elite SC07 AVR that I still use as a central device in my TV room. I still use an old 1080p TV and am thinking of upgrading to 4k HDR screen. I only have an Xbox One X as my gaming, 4k Blu-ray and streaming device. I would like to wait on purchasing a new AVR until HDMI 2.1 shows up.

If I get a new TV, would one of these HDfury boxes allow me to route Xbox One X video to a new TV? Then route HD audio to my current HDMI 1.4 AVR?

Would it do this without AV sync issues?

Would HDMI 2.0b features such as VRR, QFT, QMS, ALLM from the Xbox One X still be passed in the video stream to the new TV?

Any downsides I haven't thought about in this setup?

What model HDfury would do what I need?

1. For Full 4K HDR/DV/LLDV from any capable source to any capable TV and full audio extraction forwarded to any older AVR HDMI input, you can use : Integral2/Vertex/Maestro/Diva/Vertex2
Setup is SOURCE > HDFURY > one output to TV(full res) / one output to AVR (res downscaled/hdcp converted)


2. For any VRR/ALLM/Gsync/Freesync or such variable refresh rate, the setup MUST be different as such feature CANNOT work with a device in the middle and it is MANDATORY to have eARC TV if you want full sound:
Setup is SOURCE > eARC TV > HDfury (Maestro/Diva/Vertex2) > AVR
VRR/ALLM/Gsync/Freesync and such WILL NEVER TRAVEL a HDMI device in between, so connect direct to eARC TV and retrieve full sound via eARC to HDfury devices and then HDfury HDMI audio output to AVR HDMI input.


There is no sync issue at all since at least Vertex release. You can ask in Vertex/Integral2/Maestro/Diva/Vertex2 threads for user feedback.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1218 of 1237 Old 06-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
NismoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thank you for the info!

For scenario 2 where I would use eARC from source to TV, then eARC out to HDfury and then audio to AVR... Would there be a loss of HD audio in this situation? Or do you get full TrueHD/DTS-MA/LPCM if its sent from the TVs eARC through the HDfury?

I also can't seem to get my head around if using scenario 2. We would be leaving the video at the TV via eARC, then sending the audio back through HDfury to AVR over HDMI 1.4. It seems like with the change from eARC to reg HDMI 1.4 and passing the signal on down the line further would make for AV sync issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
1. For Full 4K HDR/DV/LLDV from any capable source to any capable TV and full audio extraction forwarded to any older AVR HDMI input, you can use : Integral2/Vertex/Maestro/Diva/Vertex2
Setup is SOURCE > HDFURY > one output to TV(full res) / one output to AVR (res downscaled/hdcp converted)


2. For any VRR/ALLM/Gsync/Freesync or such variable refresh rate, the setup MUST be different as such feature CANNOT work with a device in the middle and it is MANDATORY to have eARC TV if you want full sound:
Setup is SOURCE > eARC TV > HDfury (Maestro/Diva/Vertex2) > AVR
VRR/ALLM/Gsync/Freesync and such WILL NEVER TRAVEL a HDMI device in between, so connect direct to eARC TV and retrieve full sound via eARC to HDfury devices and then HDfury HDMI audio output to AVR HDMI input.


There is no sync issue at all since at least Vertex release. You can ask in Vertex/Integral2/Maestro/Diva/Vertex2 threads for user feedback.
NismoZ is online now  
post #1219 of 1237 Old 06-19-2019, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Thank you for the info!

For scenario 2 where I would use eARC from source to TV, then eARC out to HDfury and then audio to AVR... Would there be a loss of HD audio in this situation? Or do you get full TrueHD/DTS-MA/LPCM if its sent from the TVs eARC through the HDfury?

I also can't seem to get my head around if using scenario 2. We would be leaving the video at the TV via eARC, then sending the audio back through HDfury to AVR over HDMI 1.4. It seems like with the change from eARC to reg HDMI 1.4 and passing the signal on down the line further would make for AV sync issues.

That's the beauty of eARC, it does not have any ARC problems and does not have any of the ARC limitations, any audio format works without issue ! In upcoming HDMI2.1 eARC world, TV becomes the real HUB, all sources to TV, allow VRR/ALLM, low input lag, etc... and full sound back to eARC capable AVR (or any AVR using our new generation devices !).


Not sure about your last sentence ! there is no issue at all, eARC TV such as LG C9 (which is also HDMI2.1) already in our lab, all works perfectly, not a single glitch. also tested Sony eARC TV (but not HDMI2.1 so no VRR/ALLM possible there), also working perfectly.


ANY SOURCES > HDMI CABLE > eARC TV > our device connected to TV retrieve the eARC and then send the full audio via self generated 1080p for any older AVR !


We are the world first on this (among others), see on my signature, been working on that for 18 months already.


Just go in Maestro or Diva thread and ask owners of eARC TV, those guys are already doing exactly what you are wondering here !

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-19-2019 at 09:17 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #1220 of 1237 Old 06-23-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,638
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
@HDfury ,

I just bought a used Linker.

All I want it to do is strip the HDR flag so I can use the dynamic iris on my JVC.

I believe I just reset it to factory defaults - right?

The two three position switches are in their center position.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how do I know which input it's on.

Thanks

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #1221 of 1237 Old 06-24-2019, 03:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
@HDfury,

I just bought a used Linker.

All I want it to do is strip the HDR flag so I can use the dynamic iris on my JVC.

I believe I just reset it to factory defaults - right?

The two three position switches are in their center position.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how do I know which input it's on.

Thanks

You need to run Windows GUI to check Disable HDR option and to verify firmware version.
If you have 2 inputs, you can switch between them with press button, Windows GUI or Android/iOS APP or IR if you have GoBlue.
There is no external indication as to which input is selected.
noah katz likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1222 of 1237 Old 06-27-2019, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,638
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
@HDfury

The messages tell me I successfully updated the f/w (see attached screenshots), but how do I know which version I have?

I assume to power cycle all I needed to do was unplug the USB cable and plug it back in.

In the Windows GUI Help/About it says I have Linker Utility Version 0.21, or is that the GUI version and not the f/w version?

Does it even matter if all I want to do is disable HDR?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	link.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	2585168  

Noah

Last edited by noah katz; 06-27-2019 at 09:59 PM.
noah katz is offline  
post #1223 of 1237 Old 06-28-2019, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
@HDfury

The messages tell me I successfully updated the f/w (see attached screenshots), but how do I know which version I have?

I assume to power cycle all I needed to do was unplug the USB cable and plug it back in.

In the Windows GUI Help/About it says I have Linker Utility Version 0.21, or is that the GUI version and not the f/w version?

Does it even matter if all I want to do is disable HDR?

Thanks
Linker Utility version is GUI version, not FW version.
When you launch GUI utility on first page top tier you will see FW flashed on your unit.
Yes verify you have 0.23 or 0.25, those are the sole 2 firmwares to try and have flashed on your unit.


Yes firmware matter, if 0.25 works well, it will save some handshake time, if not, you must use 0.23 where handshake will be a bit slower but then it will sync fine always.


You can also refer to usermanual it explains and display where FW should be displayed (GUI > top tier)
noah katz likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1224 of 1237 Old 06-28-2019, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,638
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
OK, I have .25.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes firmware matter, if 0.25 works well, ...

What would be the symptoms of it not working well?

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #1225 of 1237 Old 07-04-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 271
@HDfury , is there any post available that shows the settings to be used in HDLinker app? Also, since most of the movies are Bluray (not HDR), would those settings work for Bluray as well?
Linker is connected as
UB900 --> Linker --> Projector.

Thanks
harrisu is offline  
post #1226 of 1237 Old 07-04-2019, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
OK, I have .25.





What would be the symptoms of it not working well?
0.25 sync faster than 0.23 but in some setup (especially after an AVR) it can make issue = no sync, then FW0.23 would work but sync a bit slower.
noah katz likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1227 of 1237 Old 07-04-2019, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
@HDfury, is there any post available that shows the settings to be used in HDLinker app? Also, since most of the movies are Bluray (not HDR), would those settings work for Bluray as well?
Linker is connected as
UB900 --> Linker --> Projector.

Thanks
Settings depends on your display, so we need link to display usermanual in PDF to answer or its max supported resolution.
And you do not need to use APP for settings, the most efficient way is to use QUICK PRESET, see usermanual for that, you just hold RST and press INP X number of times based on your display max supported resolution and that will set the Linker up for it.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1228 of 1237 Old 07-04-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Settings depends on your display, so we need link to display usermanual in PDF to answer or its max supported resolution.
And you do not need to use APP for settings, the most efficient way is to use QUICK PRESET, see usermanual for that, you just hold RST and press INP X number of times based on your display max supported resolution and that will set the Linker up for it.
Sorry, I should have pointed out that the display device is JVC RS 500. I believe with Linker, I can get HDR + Iris working? So need settings for that. Heading to Linker site for user manual to see how many times I have to press INP X.
harrisu is offline  
post #1229 of 1237 Old 07-04-2019, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Sorry, I should have pointed out that the display device is JVC RS 500. I believe with Linker, I can get HDR + Iris working? So need settings for that. Heading to Linker site for user manual to see how many times I have to press INP X.
As far as I recall Rs500 is up to 4K60 444; so no need of particular quick preset for it.


To get HDR and Iris working the best method is Custom Gamma curves, for this you need to disable HDR from Linker GUI (or android/iOS APP).
New device like Vertex/Integral2/Maestro/Diva/Vertex2 have macro feature for JVC PJ, so you can decide which particular mode to use for any type of content. that would be much better for your PJ.
Refer to Manni guide in JVC thread.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #1230 of 1237 Old 07-11-2019, 03:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3d passthrough issue

Hi,

I just bought a used Linker so I can use Netflix with a HDCP 1.4 Full HD TV with 3D mode. That works perfect. But what is broken since I use the HDFury Linker is 3D HDMI Output from Bluray Player. I know that Linker cannot process 3D Streams at all but Hdfury product page says that it will just pass through 3D untouched. This is obviously not true as the following setup yields a mesasge on the TV that it cannot display the resolution. My setup is as follows:

Bluray (with Netflix App 4K) -> AVR -> Linker -> HDCP 1.4 TV

When I remove Linker from the chain netflix stops working as it needs HDCP 2.0 but playing 3D Blurays work instead.

And ideas on how to really have Linker just pass through HDMI streams to TV that it cannot process although. Is there any special setting or do I have to place it somewhere different in the chain?

Thanks
marcelser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off