MARSEILLE MCABLE (internal processor) - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes

post #181 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
Did you notice that none of the processors are 1222 chips? All the pix you posted seem to be a Rev.B, aka VTV-1222B.
Does not matter the chips are SUPPOSED to be VTV-1224 chips... All they are doing is using the old chips and flashing similar settings of the new ones...

These chips cannot offer the hardware changes and engineering fixes... They can only offer software/flashable improvements... It is a lie... NOT ALL THE Cables that state they have the VTV-1224 actually have it... It is a lie.

I called them out as I lost $1000 by first buying them when the ULTRA cables came out... I fear all my cables have issues that are not common because I have the VTV-1222B in all my cables... Some people own same cables YET they have no issues... It is that damn Chip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hersey View Post
DVDO EDGE had support. You could invest $500 on something that would last 10 years or more... I have 3 of them and they are like tanks and always had great firmware support.
Irrelevant. I owned several myself in the past, and still have 1 or 2. My point, which apparently eluded you, is that $500 products and $30 products will be given differing levels of support. Hardly surprising.

Quote:
MCable wants to pressure and bully you into dropping another $150 per year on the "improved" cable... It is bull crap.
In what way are they "pressuring" and "bullying" you? I have an mCable, and I have received no such pressures. You making such a claim does not make it so.

Quote:
Does not matter the chips are SUPPOSED to be VTV-1224 chips...
That part is correct. If the package shows a VTV-1224 chip on the front (which it appears yours does), then I am unsure why you are wasting your time here, ranting and raving. While I appreciate both your willingness to open things up, and expose them to us here (thanks!), continuing to rage about it isn't going to achieve anything positive. When a company falsely advertises a product, that's called fraud. Why are you not reporting them to the FTC, so they can be investigated. Which might actually do some good?

Quote:
All they are doing is using the old chips and flashing similar settings of the new ones...
You suspect that, but don't know it for sure. I can find Fact Sheets on the VTV-1221, 1222, and 1223 on-line. I can find nothing on the 1224. For all I know, no such part ever even existed, and it was made up to convince people that newer products were better in some way. Or not. Since I don't know, I'm not making any spectulative claims, and neither should you.

Quote:
These chips cannot offer the hardware changes and engineering fixes... They can only offer software/flashable improvements... It is a lie... NOT ALL THE Cables that state they have the VTV-1224 actually have it... It is a lie.
Have you seen any that really do have the 1224 chip? Can you confirm whether it is actually better?

Quote:
I called them out as I lost $1000 by first buying them when the ULTRA cables came out... I fear all my cables have issues that are not common because I have the VTV-1222B in all my cables... Some people own same cables YET they have no issues... It is that damn Chip!
Have you found any correlation between the cables that are working fine for folks, and others (mostly yours) that do not?

Why do you "fear" yours have issues? Can you not test them, and confirm if they do, or do not? Then you'll know.
post #183 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant. I owned several myself in the past, and still have 1 or 2. My point, which apparently eluded you, is that $500 products and $30 products will be given differing levels of support. Hardly surprising.

In what way are they "pressuring" and "bullying" you? I have an mCable, and I have received no such pressures. You making such a claim does not make it so.

That part is correct. If the package shows a VTV-1224 chip on the front (which it appears yours does), then I am unsure why you are wasting your time here, ranting and raving. While I appreciate both your willingness to open things up, and expose them to us here (thanks!), continuing to rage about it isn't going to achieve anything positive. When a company falsely advertises a product, that's called fraud. Why are you not reporting them to the FTC, so they can be investigated. Which might actually do some good?

You suspect that, but don't know it for sure. I can find Fact Sheets on the VTV-1221, 1222, and 1223 on-line. I can find nothing on the 1224. For all I know, no such part ever even existed, and it was made up to convince people that newer products were better in some way. Or not. Since I don't know, I'm not making any spectulative claims, and neither should you.

Have you seen any that really do have the 1224 chip? Can you confirm whether it is actually better?

Have you found any correlation between the cables that are working fine for folks, and others (mostly yours) that do not?

Why do you "fear" yours have issues? Can you not test them, and confirm if they do, or do not? Then you'll know.
Listen, you want to grind an axe? I only want to make sure you guys get the truth...

Now as for the VTV-1224...

If you had watched the Youtube video of the CEO cutting open the MCable would know that YES... There is a VTV-1224... Zoom in on the chip of HIS cable when he is in frame and the image buffers clear...

I am not happy with them... Bro... I spent $1000+ on these...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 03:44 PM

I reached out to them and said if they replaced my X10 cables that I BOUGHT AT THE SAME TIME... I am sure they all have the same REV chipset... Faulty early designed VTV-1222B chips... I said I would take it all back and praise them for thier support...

They did not... They sent me a FREE gaming cable and implored me to give it a good review...

The gaming cable did not impress me and I know exactly what "TWEAKS" they made... The Edge Restoration is too aggresive and the image is not as sharp as the ULTRA and THOR cable I own.

What really sucks is the cable died after a few hours... I figured out the USB connector was not soldered correctly and was losing contact... I had to cut that cable and fix it myself... NO WAY am I spending another $1000 to replace my defected ULTRAS... Thier QC is lacking big time.. Can't you guys see this is a big deal? Imagine being in my shoes...
post #185 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 03:52 PM

I did all of this to warn you guys... Nowadays a cheap upscaler is rare and this cable promises the world... It really is a cool item... They just are not respecting what it takes to make sure issues and problems are solved before pushing it to retail... The consumer suffers when this happens... I lost about $1000 on these... I was stumped why some people have no issues and some others have tons... I took a risk... I cut the cable open to find out...

I cut open 4 cables total and I really am sure the other 7+ I own are the same... VTV-1222B... SAME BATCH... All I wanted was the company to care and help me replace these... I even offered to trade them in...

They said no... They said I had bought counterfit cables? Refirbished ones and they were not responsible... YET I have the Email of them admiting the chips being used can still in fact be "Revisions" of the older VTV-1222 Chips... I am pissed. They really could care less about the money I lost... They just dismissed my problems and that sucks... They could easily send me X10 cables that have the new VTV-1224... That is how is should have been in 2016 when I got them! I hate thier attitude... They make me look like I am the fool... I am very keen to how they MAKE and engineer these cables... I think we all are... They are not fooling me... I am not happy... Imagine those out there that now understand why thier Ultra cables are having issues. The SEIKI cables and THOR ones also have these chips!

I trusted them with my 6 screens and flight sim setups... Those cables do look great... No lag etc... However what good are they if they overheat and lose signal every 5 mins?!

There is no such thing as CHINESE KNOCKOFFS of the Ultra MCables... The serials and model SKUs all match Marseille's offical numbers... They just dismissed me and now ignore my tickets and do not reply to me... So... Forget them... What a joke company... Just be careful guys.

They made these ULTRA cables I bought in 2016... They said they would have STABLE and fixed VTV-1224 chips... I cut them open... I found out they lied to us all... Not happy... I had to warn you guys...

Last edited by Jonathan Hersey; 02-23-2018 at 03:57 PM.
post #186 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Listen, you want to grind an axe?
Uh, no. Why do you ask? I don't own an axe.

Quote:
I only want to make sure you guys get the truth...
I believe that objective was attained several pages back. It seems you are looking for something more... though I'm not sure what. A mass outpouring of outrage?

Quote:
Now as for the VTV-1224...

If you had watched the Youtube video of the CEO cutting open the MCable would know that YES... There is a VTV-1224... Zoom in on the chip of HIS cable when he is in frame and the image buffers clear...
Thanks! That's good to hear. It suggests the possibility that they COULD do something to satisfy you, if they wished to do so. I am a bit confused on one point... are they claiming that they no longer make any mCables with the VTV-1224 chips? And their old VTV-1222B are "just as good"? Is that what's in their Cinema and Gaming cables now?

Quote:
I am not happy with them... Bro... I spent $1000+ on these...
Could you summarize the status of the mCables you bought? I recall that you bought 10 of the Ultras, at a premium price. How many are working, not-working properly, and dead? How many have you opened, and found lacking the chip they advertised (2 or 3, I think)? [NB: thanks, I see you wrote while I did, and it was actually 4, and they ALL had the wrong chip.]

Quote:
I reached out to them and said if they replaced my X10 cables that I BOUGHT AT THE SAME TIME... I am sure they all have the same REV chipset... Faulty early designed VTV-1222B chips... I said I would take it all back and praise them for thier support...
Why would you be willing to do that, if it may wind up you'd just get another batch of crappy VTV-1222-based units? Would you not want to reserve your praise until AFTER you tested them, and confirmed they were good?

Quote:
What really sucks is the cable died after a few hours... I figured out the USB connector was not soldered correctly and was losing contact... I had to cut that cable and fix it myself...
I agree that sucks for you, and that it doesn't speak well of either their construction practices, or their QC. But hardly surprising, considering they're mass-produced for very low cost in China. And it can happen to any manufacturer.

Quote:
NO WAY am I spending another $1000 to replace my defected ULTRAS... Thier QC is lacking big time..
Nor would I. But then, I would never drop that kind of coin in the first place, and not test every single one right away, so I could return any suffering from infant-mortality. But that's just me. Your report seems to indicate these have just been sitting on the shelf, and recently unboxed?

[SIDE STORY: As a real example, years ago I bought over 150 hard drives over a period of time (for about $100 each). And every one got run through in-bound testing (some taking over 48-hours to process). I caught 4 or 5 during that time that were defective OOTB, but would not have been found until the entire surface got filled, possibly far down the road. Those defectives ALL got returned and replaced. No charge. In the years since then, ONE has died. It lasted just long enough to fill it up (maybe 1-2 months powered on) before it died. (I still have it, and may eventually get the actuator replaced, since I believe that's where the problem lies. It has a bunch of movies and TV shows I'd like to recover some day.)]

But, different strokes, for different folks.

Quote:
Can't you guys see this is a big deal? Imagine being in my shoes...
What would you like US to do for you?
post #187 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Those cables do look great... No lag etc... However what good are they if they overheat and lose signal every 5 mins?!
I can't keep up with the outpouring. Ha ha.

But I did want to say there is no lag, because there is no buffered processing. It is all done as the video stream flows through, which is why they can be as inexpensive as they are. Throw in a VIDRAM buffer, and a processor, and they won't cost 30 bucks, or even $100 any longer.

And I wanted to ask: when did they start overheating (after the warranty expired?). And how many are impacted by that? Have you tried anything when they start malfunctioning due to overheating (like a freon test), to see if that brings them back? I'm wondering if the issue is the chip, or the connections. I.e., thermal stress can cause wiring or a PCB trace to open. And that may be repairable, since you have the ability to open them. But if it's the VLSI chip, if you opened each cable and used some thermal glue to put a 1cm x 1cm heatsink on that chip (then wrapped or potted it to avoid electrical shorts), they may still be usable, and stop dropping out.
post #188 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They said I had bought counterfit cables? Refirbished ones and they were not responsible...
What was that based on? I don't recall you indicating you had sent some back, and they examined them. ??

Also, which is it? Counterfeit, or Refurbished? Those are not the same thing.
post #189 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
What was that based on? I don't recall you indicating you had sent some back, and they examined them. ??

Those were the CEO of marketing word's... He spoke to me on the phone.

Do you work for them? You seem to be against me on these points... It seems odd that you care as much as I do... I do see however you are attempting to derail my train here. I am not sure I get that...

Now I really do not have anything else to say... I just wanted to make the company take accountablity for the lies they have told... I have other outlets and I really think I am done speaking here. This is a good reason I hardly even even speak on these things... Always someone that will not take my word for all that I say...

I understaand you do not know me... I just think I have proven more than enough times I am legit... I really cannot even keep track of how many cables of thier's I have bought. Gold ones/Silver/etc... Thor/Phillips models, SEKI... Etc...

I would think a guy that drops a grand on video scaler cables... Would be treated better... NOT called delusional and a victim of "Counteffit" cables? That is such a cop out...

I am just doing my best to warn you guys about these cables... Something about them is not stable and sometimes they use old chips and recycle faulty hardware in thier NEW hardware... That is all I was saying man.
post #190 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So apparently they made that claim, never even having seen them. That's totally bogus.

Quote:
Quote:
Those were the CEO of marketing word's... He spoke to me on the phone.

Do you work for them?
Right. Because anyone who asks a question MUST be against you. Sigh. Again, you missed my meaning. If the CEO made the comment about them being counterfeits and refurbs, THAT is nonsense, because as I commented, they can't be both. The guy should make up his mind.

Quote:
You seem to be against me on these points...
Only in your mind.

Quote:
It seems odd that you care as much as I do...
I don't care as much as you do, but I did think it was worth exploring. You've made me sorry I did so.

Quote:
I do see however you are attempting to derail my train here. I am not sure I get that...
Me neither. I'm not trying to derail anything. And I didn't even know about your train.

Quote:
I would think a guy that drops a grand on video scaler cables... Would be treated better... NOT called delusional and a victim of "Counteffit" cables? That is such a cop out...
Well, someone else might have better results, as I can see now from your comments to me. You appear unable to tell when someone is agreeing with you.

They probably wouldn't be riding a train though. I will now get off your track, and let you barrel on.

Good luck, and watch out for cows.
post #191 of 216 Old 02-23-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So apparently they made that claim, never even having seen them. That's totally bogus.

Right. Because anyone who asks a question MUST be against you. Sigh. Again, you missed my meaning. If the CEO made the comment about them being counterfeits and refurbs, THAT is nonsense, because as I commented, they can't be both. The guy should make up his mind.

Only in your mind.

I don't care as much as you do, but I did think it was worth exploring. You've made me sorry I did so.

Me neither. I'm not trying to derail anything. And I didn't even know about your train.

Well, someone else might have better results, as I can see now from your comments to me. You appear unable to tell when someone is agreeing with you.

They probably wouldn't be riding a train though. I will now get off your track, and let you barrel on.

Good luck, and watch out for cows.
Forgive me for not being able to see when someone like you obviously "agrees" with me...

To be blunt... There is much better ways to communicate with someone IF you agree with them... This mess has been a real ordeal and I am not happy about. Unless I cut my other cables open... I will never know... So far all the cables I have hooked up show the same issues as the ones I cut open with the VTV-1222B chips...

You realize the company just dismissed me and offered to bribe me with cables IF I did a false review and upsold them... You do realize that when a CEO calls you and reaches out like that... THEY know something important has to be done for the sake of business and reputation... I mean, I do not blame him... He knew I found out about thier lies, he knew I was upset... However all he did was try to upsell the damn Gaming cable and mentioned the upsell Linus TechTips did on it... I do not want to get a cut and UPSELL anything... I only wanted answers... WHY and HOW could they lie and just take our hard earned money like this?

All I wanted was for them to send me X10 cables without the covers and with the CHIPS exposed... I wanted to know that the cables they current make are LEGIT and with newer versions of the VTV-122X chips. They refused and just blamed my buying decisions for this mess... I know that ALL the cables I bought were made in Marseille's factories... They just sidestepped blame and pushed it on me... That SUCKS...

It is personal to me... I am sick of these kinds of people pulling this crap in my life. I trusted them and I have to look at torn up cables and unopened cables that I JUST KNOW... Are faulty and defective... Knowing I wasted $1000+ and I am now... Screwed... It sucks man...

Last edited by Jonathan Hersey; 02-23-2018 at 06:11 PM.
post #192 of 216 Old 03-09-2018, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Heads up!

If anyone is interested in an Ultra, the short 4' version is on sale today and tomorrow for $20 at BuyDig, with free shipping.

If you want one, I'd order fast, before someone (not naming names) buys them all out.
a5ian300zx and move4ward like this.
post #193 of 216 Old 03-10-2018, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Heads up!

If anyone is interested in an Ultra, the short 4' version is on sale today and tomorrow for $20 at BuyDig, with free shipping.

If you want one, I'd order fast, before someone (not naming names) buys them all out.
Thanks VG. That's as good a price as I have seen in quite some time...
Clearly (HT humor), this is a controversial product.
As long as expectations are kept in check, it offers >$20 in PQ benefits. If you have a FP set up with a large screen, then it is "high" definitely worth checking out. FWIW, we have it on 3 different displays.
It's a little bit like the Darbee (which we have in combination). You won't appreciate it (as much) until you remove it from the chain. Just be prepared for some HDMI sync issues. They are usually resolvable, but annoying...
For $20, it's an off the charts bang for the buck value
My $.02
post #194 of 216 Old 03-28-2018, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Heads up!

That deal is gone. An interesting product, though. What is the difference between a silver one with orange M vs. a rose one with silver M [on buydig]?

A2, A35, 150, 62fd, s790, s6500, x800, 83, 103D, HTPC w/ HD-DVD/BD
post #195 of 216 Old 03-28-2018, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurid001 View Post
That deal is gone. An interesting product, though. What is the difference between a silver one with orange M vs. a rose one with silver M [on buydig]?
I asked the same question from Marseille. Their CS dept indicated that the mCable algorithm is virtually identical with all models. The difference is that with each progressive iteration, they claim to resolve more compatibility issues with different devices. Apparently, the firmware is upgradable (by them). I had a failed Ultra model (rose gold). They replaced it with a silver tipped one. However, when I questioned them, they said that it had been flashed over to the latest firmware. I could tell no difference...
As I have said, INMO the key issue is in your expectations. For $20-$30, the bang for the buck is formidable. However, there are HDMI sync issues and other mysterious behaviors (sort of like the Darbee).
I like it. We have one on every display in the house. Until we upgrade to 4K, I think it is a fun product. YRMV
post #196 of 216 Old 04-15-2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
I asked the same question from Marseille. Their CS dept indicated that the mCable algorithm is virtually identical with all models. The difference is that with each progressive iteration, they claim to resolve more compatibility issues with different devices. Apparently, the firmware is upgradable (by them). I had a failed Ultra model (rose gold). They replaced it with a silver tipped one. However, when I questioned them, they said that it had been flashed over to the latest firmware. I could tell no difference...
As I have said, INMO the key issue is in your expectations. For $20-$30, the bang for the buck is formidable. However, there are HDMI sync issues and other mysterious behaviors (sort of like the Darbee).
I like it. We have one on every display in the house. Until we upgrade to 4K, I think it is a fun product. YRMV
Ok, I ordered both orange M and silver M (ultra) versions. However, the ultra turned out to be ultra in packaging only, inside was the same orange M. My first reaction was to send it back, however i noticed that the ultra box had 2015 printed on it, and the orange M had 2016! So the Ultra was the earlier model? any thoughts on that? There was a difference between the cables though - the orange M in the ultra box had thicker cable. Operationally, they seem to be the same.

It's still too early to pass judgement on them, they do seem to clean up movies that were unwatchable before (i watch movies with 45-50° viewing angle). Will report more later on that.

post #197 of 216 Old 04-15-2018, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Good call. I did not talk about the physical construction parameters of the various models. As you noticed, there are differences in cable diameter and end plug shape. Hard to know if this is for marketing or "device compatability" purposes (or both). Like you, I found that functionally, they seemed identical. As an experiment, I tried swapping the various models to different displays. They all seemed to function the same.
If it works for you, then that's all that matters...
Where did you order them from and how much did you pay?
post #198 of 216 Old 04-16-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I did not talk about the physical construction parameters of the various models. As you noticed, there are differences in cable diameter and end plug shape. Hard to know if this is for marketing or "device compatability" purposes (or both).
Did some checking. First, there is no deinterlacer, which is OK. Scaler is just OK, but not great. I found that the best way to use it is to send a 1080p/24 feed both for DVD and BD from a good scaling player (for DVD). Tested with Sony s6500, Pioneer 62fd and Seiki BD players so far. It does clean up the picture somewhat. With Seiki, I found some kind of synergistic effect with BD. I would call this effect on Seiki a "budget" Darbee. Not so much with DVD (maybe because Seiki cannot output 1080/24 from a DVD). Pioneer cannot output 1080p/24 from DVD either, so DVDs were played better with Sony. The optimal effect of course requires a lot of tweaking both on TV and player side.

Have not tested with other players, have not tried chaining with Darbee (in Oppo 103d) or HQV Vida (in Onkyo 818) yet.

post #199 of 216 Old 04-16-2018, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurid001 View Post
Did some checking. First, there is no deinterlacer, which is OK. Scaler is just OK, but not great. I found that the best way to use it is to send a 1080p/24 feed both for DVD and BD from a good scaling player (for DVD). Tested with Sony s6500, Pioneer 62fd and Seiki BD players so far. It does clean up the picture somewhat. With Seiki, I found some kind of synergistic effect with BD. I would call this effect on Seiki a "budget" Darbee. Not so much with DVD (maybe because Seiki cannot output 1080/24 from a DVD). Pioneer cannot output 1080p/24 from DVD either, so DVDs were played better with Sony. The optimal effect of course requires a lot of tweaking both on TV and player side.

Have not tested with other players, have not tried chaining with Darbee (in Oppo 103d) or HQV Vida (in Onkyo 818) yet.
We have ours last in the chain after the Darbee. I've found that the the two have a synergistic relationship. I can turn the Darbee up 10% higher and not get artifacting. The issue is an occasional HDMI sync problem. Usually, cycling off/on devices in the chain will clear it up...
post #200 of 216 Old 04-18-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
We have ours last in the chain after the Darbee. I've found that the the two have a synergistic relationship. I can turn the Darbee up 10% higher and not get artifacting. The issue is an occasional HDMI sync problem. Usually, cycling off/on devices in the chain will clear it up...
Will check Darbee (in OPPO 103D) + Mcable later. HQV (in Onkyo 818) + Mcable didn't work, Onkyo doesn't see Mcable. However, both HQV and Mcable are doing somewhat similar things, so it's probably OK.

post #201 of 216 Old 05-27-2018, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2117 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Anyone with Directv used one of these? I don’t think it passes through hdr so that kinda messes up putting this in the chain somewhere.
post #202 of 216 Old 06-28-2018, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
so I am on the fence of buying the newest Darbee and MCable Gaming Edition. My plan to connect my Switch/PS3/X360--AVR--Darbee--MCable Gaming Edition (to reduce jagged edges)--- 4k HDR LG OLED TV.

Does this sound like a good idea or am I wasting $$ here?
post #203 of 216 Old 06-29-2018, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguswings View Post
so I am on the fence of buying the newest Darbee and MCable Gaming Edition. My plan to connect my Switch/PS3/X360--AVR--Darbee--MCable Gaming Edition (to reduce jagged edges)--- 4k HDR LG OLED TV.

Does this sound like a good idea or am I wasting $$ here?
The only way to know for sure is to try it out. Every set up is different.
I have three different "flavors" of the mCable on different displays. Two of them are in combination with a Darbee.
FWIW, I can see no visible difference between the different mCable iterations.
My $.02 would be to try one of the legacy models ($25 ebay and other places), before I would spend more on their latest/greatest "Gaming Edition"...but that's just me.
post #204 of 216 Old 08-10-2018, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Mcable and 1080i Projectors

Hi guys,

New to the forum, so please go easy on me hehe.

I was recently given a Promethean EST-P1 ultra short throw WXGA data projector which is 3-4 years old. I use this to watch TV especially cable in my bedroom using an ALR screen.

Now, although the image is fantastic with high quality sources, cable tv is looking soft and has a lot of noise. So im looking to get an mcable with Darbee Vision 5000s to try get a slightly better image. Ive read some posts on this forum, and this combination seems like it might be a good solution.

According to Projector Central however, it says my projector is only compatible up to 1080i. I know that the mcable can only work and upscale using a progressive signal, so i will be setting my cable box to 720p which will upscale it to 1080p. Seeing that the projector only does up to 1080i, am i right in saying the projector will not display the signal?

If a signal is not displayed and i set the cable box back to 1080i, will the mcable output the signal and clean up the image without the upscale?

I will most likely upgrade to a 4k pj in the next year, so the cable will be utilised fully eventually, but just wanted to know what will happen with current setup.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
post #205 of 216 Old 09-16-2018, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 209
from what I remember the mcable can't do hdr so anyone thinking of getting this for a 4k hdr set might have to reconsider.

My cinema edition is in the box as I did not like the processing as much and went back to my old combo of the Darbee + dvdo iscan mini which is think is a great combo but much expensive.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Sennheiser AMBEO + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #206 of 216 Old 09-16-2018, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

mCable update:
I still feel like it adds value. FWIW, the Darbee effect adds more, INMO. However, when using the mCable, in combination with the Darbee, the HDMI sync issues just wore me down...
When we make the move to 4K, the Darbee(s) will be removed from the chain and I'll try the mCable(s) again.
My $.02

Last edited by humbland; 09-17-2018 at 06:34 AM.
post #207 of 216 Old 09-17-2018, 02:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
mCable update:
I sttill feel like it adds value. FWIW, the Darbee effect adds more, INMO. However, when using the mCable, in combination with the Darbee, the HDMI sync issues just wore me down...
When we make the move to 4K, the Darbee(s) will be removed from the chain and I'll try the mCable(s) again.
My $.02
please note the newer Darbee 5000s had more sync issues then the previous gen. I owned both versions and the 5000s with my mini combo only worked a certain way.

Also the mcable is good for 4K but not 4K HDR signal.

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Sennheiser AMBEO + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #208 of 216 Old 09-20-2018, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post
from what I remember the mcable can't do hdr so anyone thinking of getting this for a 4k hdr set might have to reconsider.

My cinema edition is in the box as I did not like the processing as much and went back to my old combo of the Darbee + dvdo iscan mini which is think is a great combo but much expensive.

Thanks

I have the mcable in between the darbee and the iscan mini and I think it works well. I think one the mcable's best attributes is the noise reduction. Seems to only apply when and where it is necessary. It also does a pretty good job at text smoothing, see attachments. I have the ultra version of the mcable so you might have a different experience than me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcable.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	600.8 KB
ID:	2457636   Click image for larger version

Name:	no mcable.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	646.9 KB
ID:	2457638  
a5ian300zx likes this.
post #209 of 216 Old 09-20-2018, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyakko View Post
I have the mcable in between the darbee and the iscan mini and I think it works well. I think one the mcable's best attributes is the noise reduction. Seems to only apply when and where it is necessary. It also does a pretty good job at text smoothing, see attachments. I have the ultra version of the mcable so you might have a different experience than me.
so you have the output going to Darbee - > mcable - > iscan mini?

I have the newer cinema edition. have nor tried that combo.

post #210 of 216 Old 09-20-2018, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyakko View Post
so you have the output going to Darbee - > mcable - > iscan mini?

where do you plug the power source into for the mcable, in the TV?

I have the newer cinema edition. have nor tried that combo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page