HDfury X4 - Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #61 of 95 Old 11-21-2018, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopf_inger View Post
Will the X4 also support Dolby Vision to SDR in a future update?
I'm also interested in a solution or configuration advices for Dolby Vision sources. My setup from starting this thread is unchanged except firmware updates. My Vertex is on FW 1.36.1.37 and my X4 is on HDR to SDR 0.5 beta.
Everything works fine with sources up to 4K and HDR up to 12 bit. Yesterday I've started testing around with the new Amazon FireTV Stick 4K. It supports Dolby Vision for selected contents on Amazon Prime and Netflix. It seems that the X4 can't handle the signal from the Vertex. At the moment the Vertex sends the original source signal via BOT output to the TV and via TOP output with preset AUTOSENSE ALL to the X4. The colors of the X4 output are screwed up with much purple and blue. On the TV I've noticed as well that the color of the OSD is in a light blue instead of green.

There are ways to configure the Vertex TOP output differently or has this issue to be solved on the X4 side?

Best regards
Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 95 Old 11-21-2018, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
I just received my X4 today and it works flawless together with the vertex to provide a 1080 SDR image for my ambilight grabber.
Will the X4 also support Dolby Vision to SDR in a future update?
Regards
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribit81 View Post
I'm also interested in a solution or configuration advices for Dolby Vision sources. My setup from starting this thread is unchanged except firmware updates. My Vertex is on FW 1.36.1.37 and my X4 is on HDR to SDR 0.5 beta.
Everything works fine with sources up to 4K and HDR up to 12 bit. Yesterday I've started testing around with the new Amazon FireTV Stick 4K. It supports Dolby Vision for selected contents on Amazon Prime and Netflix. It seems that the X4 can't handle the signal from the Vertex. At the moment the Vertex sends the original source signal via BOT output to the TV and via TOP output with preset AUTOSENSE ALL to the X4. The colors of the X4 output are screwed up with much purple and blue. On the TV I've noticed as well that the color of the OSD is in a light blue instead of green.

There are ways to configure the Vertex TOP output differently or has this issue to be solved on the X4 side?

Best regards
Robert

Hi Guys,

4K60 HDR up to 18Gbps is supported, no DV support yet, except LLDV.
For LLDV, you need LLDV capable TV (Sony or LG mainly) and LLDV capable sources (ATV4K or X1X mainly)
If you have that, then you can use LLDV instead of DV and you will have 1080p SDR conversion working for DV.

For normal DV support, it will take a while (if possible at all), currently waiting on Dolby SDK promised for last month.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #63 of 95 Old 11-21-2018, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi Guys,

4K60 HDR up to 18Gbps is supported, no DV support yet, except LLDV.
For LLDV, you need LLDV capable TV (Sony or LG mainly) and LLDV capable sources (ATV4K or X1X mainly)
If you have that, then you can use LLDV instead of DV and you will have 1080p SDR conversion working for DV.

For normal DV support, it will take a while (if possible at all), currently waiting on Dolby SDK promised for last month.
Thanks for the information.

I am using an Apple TV 4k connected to a Yamaha Dolby Vision capable AV Receiver through the Vertex to an LG C8 OLED Tv.
All of them are Dolby Vision compatible. So how can I force the Apple TV to send a LLDV Signal to the Vertex, rather than the normal Dolby Vision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 95 Old 11-21-2018, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the information.

I am using an Apple TV 4k connected to a Yamaha Dolby Vision capable AV Receiver through the Vertex to an LG C8 OLED Tv.
All of them are Dolby Vision compatible. So how can I force the Apple TV to send a LLDV Signal to the Vertex, rather than the normal Dolby Vision?
Start by giving video path info correctly please.
see Vertex first post for how to format it.

Because from what you wrote, I don't know if you have one chain or split chain, so I don't know if you split output or not.
In all cases, what you can easily try is set custom EDID to sony A1 edid we included as a custom EDID and restart ATV, then you should have LLDV.

Also please post in right thread, this is not a X4 question !

Thank you

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #65 of 95 Old 12-30-2018, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is there documentation how how to flash recent x4 firmware to do HDR to SDR tone mapping? I read through the manual and there is no firmware flashing instruction? And how will the new firmware affects functionalities of all those dip switches? I am on Linux. Do I need a Windows PC to flash firmware?
post #66 of 95 Old 12-31-2018, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.5 View Post
Is there documentation how how to flash recent x4 firmware to do HDR to SDR tone mapping? I read through the manual and there is no firmware flashing instruction? And how will the new firmware affects functionalities of all those dip switches? I am on Linux. Do I need a Windows PC to flash firmware?
Write to [email protected] he will help you out.
Basically its the same than any other device, just install silabs drivers and run the update EXE.
Yes you need Windows to flash firmware. Only upcoming newer generation can be firmware updated from any platform thru webserver (Maestro/Diva/Vertex2)

Last edited by HDfury; 01-11-2019 at 07:13 AM.
post #67 of 95 Old 01-11-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow X4 HDR>SDR & Ambient Light FW update 0.7 beta

#####> What's new/fixed in 0.7 (beta)
1. EDID system is changed. DIP9 and DIP10 control EDIDs with some differences:
When EDID10 is ON, this means a fixed 1080p60 12bit HDR capable with up to SPDIF max audio. This setting will not allow ATMOS but it will allow up to the optical output maximum.
When EDID10 is OFF then this means a dynamic mode. The video is still 1080p60 12 bit with HDR and BT2020 capability always added and the audio is controlled with DIP9. When DIP9 = ON, then stereo audio, when DIP9 = OFF then audio is copied from sink.
Example, to get ATMOS, use both DIP switches in OFF position. ATV will allow HDR to be output regradlesss of the sink capability and will output ATMOS (of course ATV setting internally must also be enabled).
2. The FPGA controls the AUX jack with TIP=DATA, RING = CLK, SLEEVE = GND. Mini-DIN outputs DATA
3. FPGA now shuts off the LEDstrip when there are mode changes or cable plug/unplug. There is no fix possible if you remove power from X4. If you remove power X4 cannot send black to LEDs and they will stay at whatever was the last signal.
4. Made other improvements as encountered.

#####> What's new/fixed in 0.6 (beta)
1. Ambient Light : Added support for 12b PCH led. Default length is 56 LED - 18 top/bot and 10 sides. Count begings from the lower left corner of TV when looking at it direclty ahead.
2. Ambient Light : You can control brightness with the X4 slide switch. there are 16 levels and for now, you need to slide the switch each time. we didn't yet make it so that you can just hold up/down yet.

Available here: http://www.hdfury.com/tools/X4_HDR_SDR_0.7_beta.zip

post #68 of 95 Old 01-17-2019, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I noticed, the X4 is also working without the power supply connected. It seems that it takes the power from the incoming cable connected to the vertex. Is there anything I can damage while using it without a powersupply?
post #69 of 95 Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I noticed, the X4 is also working without the power supply connected. It seems that it takes the power from the incoming cable connected to the vertex. Is there anything I can damage while using it without a powersupply?

No you cannot damage anything but you cannot say you have an issue and ask for help if you don't use it with a power supply. Power supply should be connected to X4 always.

post #70 of 95 Old 02-01-2019, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just bought my X4 and my vertex is coming this week end to finalize my ambilight for my A1 tv.
I was just wondering to the hdr to sdr output the stream to the hdmi output or it's possible to use the cable in the box for vga to rca (I think?) to avoid using the hdmi to rca av converter that I bought in case it doesn't work?
post #71 of 95 Old 02-01-2019, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunge03 View Post
Just bought my X4 and my vertex is coming this week end to finalize my ambilight for my A1 tv.
I was just wondering to the hdr to sdr output the stream to the hdmi output or it's possible to use the cable in the box for vga to rca (I think?) to avoid using the hdmi to rca av converter that I bought in case it doesn't work?
First of all, you will need to flash HDR > SDR firmware at arrival
Current beta state of HDR>SDR firmware only allow 1080p SDR from HDMI
There will be more update before or at Diva launch that will activate the analog output for it.

post #72 of 95 Old 02-01-2019, 08:56 AM

Thanks for your very quick answer.
Just discovered the Diva that does what I want with only one module... . Hope there will be some great update to continue updating the vertex and x4 for that purpose.
post #73 of 95 Old 02-01-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for your very quick answer.
Just discovered the Diva that does what I want with only one module... . Hope there will be some great update to continue updating the vertex and x4 for that purpose.
You can trade in any device for any newer one anytime, just send email for that.
Please note that Diva won't have Analog output, only X4 will have that.

post #74 of 95 Old 02-13-2019, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDR>SDR new video

HDFury vertex + x4 connect for ambient demo video with OSD

HDFury x4 HDR to SDR video demo with OSD

post #75 of 95 Old 02-14-2019, 09:15 AM

Awesome video, do you have an estimation when we could configure the number of led and other parameters like brightness?
post #76 of 95 Old 02-14-2019, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Awesome video, do you have an estimation when we could configure the number of led and other parameters like brightness?

Approximately when HDfury Diva starts shipping as all this work on X4 is related to Diva which is Vertex + X4 + more inputs + web server + AVR-Key + ARC-Key + more all together.

post #77 of 95 Old 02-16-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

More improvements have been done, enjoy ! the wait is nearly over now

X4 promote video
Ambient effect at play NBA game
Ambient effect at play game
Ambient effect at play HDR video

post #78 of 95 Old 02-22-2019, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does the HDfury X4 support [email protected] Hz input? (ie. VGA mode 13h)

Can it framerate convert to 60 Hz and output over VGA (RGBHV) or HDMI?

I'm looking for a solution to connect an older DOS PC to a modern LCD video monitor, but many older DOS games used VGA mode 13h which is [email protected] Hz, but the video card almost always line-double to [email protected] Hz.

My current LG 27UK600-W (4K LCD monitor) accepts this signal but there is significant judder since I believe it's internally converting the 70 Hz to 60 Hz?
post #79 of 95 Old 02-22-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Does the HDfury X4 support [email protected] Hz input? (ie. VGA mode 13h)

Can it framerate convert to 60 Hz and output over VGA (RGBHV) or HDMI?

I'm looking for a solution to connect an older DOS PC to a modern LCD video monitor, but many older DOS games used VGA mode 13h which is [email protected] Hz, but the video card almost always line-double to [email protected] Hz.

My current LG 27UK600-W (4K LCD monitor) accepts this signal but there is significant judder since I believe it's internally converting the 70 Hz to 60 Hz?

No sorry, that is not supported, it would need a custom firmware work to support it.

post #80 of 95 Old 03-19-2019, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool HDfury new generation hardware

Tomorrow's Hardware, Today !

Here is some info on new hardware generation (Maestro, Diva, Vertex²): https://www.hdfury.com/hdfury-new-generation/

Maestro page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/maestro/
Diva page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-diva-18gbps/
Vertex² page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

Maestro is already shipping, Diva and Vertex² are still in pre order with expected shipping date respectively end of April 2019 and end of May 2019.

post #81 of 95 Old 04-27-2019, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can you tell us more about the Deinterlacer in the X4?

Is it source adaptive?
post #82 of 95 Old 04-27-2019, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdrive View Post
Can you tell us more about the Deinterlacer in the X4?

Is it source adaptive?
What do you mean by source adaptive ?

This is part of SCALER Firmware (not in 3Dfury firmware or HDR>SDR conversion firmware)
You can input any SD/HD/FHD or PC res and you can output any SD/HD/FHD or PC res
So let's say you input 1080p, you can output 1080i or input 800x600 output 1080i or anything else.
Or input 1080i and output 1080p etc...

post #83 of 95 Old 04-27-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
What do you mean by source adaptive ?

This is part of SCALER Firmware (not in 3Dfury firmware or HDR>SDR conversion firmware)
You can input any SD/HD/FHD or PC res and you can output any SD/HD/FHD or PC res
So let's say you input 1080p, you can output 1080i or input 800x600 output 1080i or anything else.
Or input 1080i and output 1080p etc...
Maybe I worded it wrong, have a look at this link under "Motion Detection"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinterlacing

Just trying to understand if this will do a better job from 1080i to 1080p then my Denon receiver...
post #84 of 95 Old 04-27-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe I worded it wrong, have a look at this link under "Motion Detection"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinterlacing

Just trying to understand if this will do a better job from 1080i to 1080p then my Denon receiver...

I would just buy and try it and return it if it's not better than your Denon receiver.
I'm not even sure Devs would remember which method is used since it was made 7 years ago but i'll ask when I get a chance.

post #85 of 95 Old 04-27-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
I would just buy and try it and return it if it's not better than your Denon receiver.
I'm not even sure Devs would remember which method is used since it was made 7 years ago but i'll ask when I get a chance.
Your not exactly selling this to me...

Last edited by ramdrive; 04-28-2019 at 07:25 AM.
post #86 of 95 Old 04-28-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Your not exactly selling this to me...

Well, I cannot remember everything from every devices, especially when it's 7 years old work that was done before I jump in here.
Normally we are talking latest devices and latest devs here, so if you ask something on latest devices or latest firmware, I should be able to answer. X4 latest is HDR>SDR conversion and ambient light.
Now if you ask something for an old dev, may be it's better you go via email so we can retrieve exact answer from devs or just wait here till I got answer and then i'll copy the answer to you.

My initial recommendation still stands here because by experience we know from many customers who already had similar concern that upscale quality is all relative, it's relative to the content you want to upscale and it's relative to what your eyes will define as superior quality vs another method.
We have seen numerous times customers with similar setup and in some cases they would prefer our upscale and in some cases they would prefer their display upscaling method (or AVR in your case). The best is always to compare yourself the real results and see what YOU prefer. not what I can say or what someone else can say or what claimed algo in use would make you expect from it.

Last edited by HDfury; 04-28-2019 at 08:13 AM.
post #87 of 95 Old 08-25-2019, 04:10 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The 4K HDR conversion to 1080p SDR conversion, is it better than on Oppo 203 for example or "just different"?
post #88 of 95 Old 08-25-2019, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
The 4K HDR conversion to 1080p SDR conversion, is it better than on Oppo 203 for example or "just different"?
X4 only do 1080p HDR > 1080p SDR, if you want 4K HDR > 1080p SDR you need to add a downscale upfront such as Linker, Vertex or Integral2 or use all in one solution : HDfury Diva
The profiles on X4 are not yet updated, the best profiles are available on HDfury Diva, supervised by major game studios and offering multiple variations to provide good PQ no matter which kind of SDR display you are using (could be capture card, PJ, lcd, plasma, dlp, vga, component, etc..) when we have time we will more likely port them to X4

post #89 of 95 Old 09-22-2019, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
This product and firmware looks great! @HDfury do you think there is any hope that this firmware could someday support a 3d lut for hdr->sdr tone mapping?
post #90 of 95 Old 09-23-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngm View Post
This product and firmware looks great! @HDfury do you think there is any hope that this firmware could someday support a 3d lut for hdr->sdr tone mapping?
No sorry too busy for that, we still have all changes made on Diva to port on X4 and we also already have new device for HDMI2.1 in the making, so I'm quite sure we won't have the time resource to do such thing sorry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page