HDFury Integral 2 - Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 74Likes

post #31 of 794 Old 10-24-2018, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If projector is not DV or HDR capable, you have 2 options, use AUTOMIX to create dynamic EDID on the fly based on your PJ capabilities, or use a custom EDID that match your projector specs. (so you just pick up the EDID that match your PJ specs from the list of 100 custom EDID available)
> this is if you want minimum signal operation.

You can however use a higher bandwidth EDID so Vertex will accept higher bandwidth signal and downscale chroma or others if needed at the output to feed your PJ at its best.
> In this can, you need to make sure the 30ft can pass thru 600MHz, if it cannot you have to stick with AUTOMIX or Custom EDID that match your PJ capabilities.

You DO NOT set the unit based on the sources device (because if you have SOURCES > AVR > VERTEX, then Vertex only can see your AVR), you set the unit based on the display and devices at the output, the whole purpose of Vertex is to feed any of the output sinks at their best, no matter the input signal.
> All devices in HDMI have an EDID, your AVR will see Vertex EDID and forward it to your sources.

In your case, start with EDID slide on AUTOMIX or Custom EDID matching your display specs or above as explained previously (but do not choose a custom EDID with HDR or DV as your PJ is not capable of handling it and AVR not capable of passing thru BT2020)
SCALE slide on autoscaling, PJ connected to TOP out.

The Android APP (GoBlue accessory needed) will appear in a few weeks.

So basically for you:

EDID slide on automix
SCALE slide on autoscaling
AVR at any input
PJ at top out
Add power and you should be good.

I received my Integral 2 today and did some testing this evening. I started out with your suggestions on how to set up my equipment but there appears to be one mistake in the setup at the bottom of your response. You indicated to plug my projector into the "top" out but that appears to be a 1080p output and my projector is a 4K. It only seemed to get 1080p input when plugged into the top. When I moved the projector HDMI cable into the "bottom" output port, it seemed to work as I expected.

One thing I also played with but didn't seem to hit on the right combination is for the Integral 2 to not do the upscaling (take it out of the "Autoscale" setting). My projector does an excellent job of upscaling and my preference would be for the signal from the source to get to the projector without upscaling by the Integral 2... If a 1080p signal is coming from the source device, then keep it at 1080p... If a 4K signal is coming from the source device, then keep it at 4K. I tried the "pass-through" setting on the scale switch but everything seemed to come through at 1080p with that switch position. It may be that I just didn't do enough testing.

I also assume that I won't be able to use the Go-Blue I purchased with the Integral 2 until you load the new Integral 2 app on the Google and Apple stores. Is that the case or will the current Ingegral or Vertex apps work with the Go-Blue dongle and the Integral 2?

Still have lots of experimenting and tweaking to do but my initial testing was very favorable!

Regards, Steve
Projector/Receiver - Sony VPL-VW1100ES 4K PJ & Sony STR-ZA5000ES 4K Atmos AVR
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Screen - 145" Dragonfly, 1.2 Gain, 16:9, Matte White Fixed Screen
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 794 Old 10-25-2018, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I got my integral 2 and got it working with my setup. I also got the goblue but I can't get it to work with my integral 2. I downloaded the vertex Apk that's on the hdfury website for my android phone and it won't connect to the integral 2. Can you guys provide some guidance?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Please wait a couple of weeks for iOS and some day for Android, APPs aren't yet accepted and while it is fast for android, iOS usually take longer time for acceptance.
There will be GoBlue update as well for this to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
I received my Integral 2 today and did some testing this evening. I started out with your suggestions on how to set up my equipment but there appears to be one mistake in the setup at the bottom of your response. You indicated to plug my projector into the "top" out but that appears to be a 1080p output and my projector is a 4K. It only seemed to get 1080p input when plugged into the top. When I moved the projector HDMI cable into the "bottom" output port, it seemed to work as I expected.

Yes, you are right, it was a mistake from me, sorry for that, any 4K HDR/DV/HLG to BOTTOM OUTPUT and any 10.2Gbps limited, 1.4 or 1080p to TOP OUTPUT.

EDIT: I reread your first post on the subject and I think my answer was correct, because you said you only have one device at the output and this device is 4K60 4:2:0 8b max from what you said. in this case, you can connect it to any output basically, just you need to be aware of the following:
If you connect at TOP OUTPUT ,then you need to change AUTOSCALING from 1080p downscale to 4K60 4:2:0 8b and it will work just fine without trying to upscale anything.
If you connect at BOTTOM OUTPUT and don't want to upscale, then you need to change AUTOSCALING Options to turn OFF upscale.

So bottom line: you can connect your PJ to any output, just you have one more extra step to get correct output from TOP OUT and one more extra step to not upscale when connected to BOT OUT.

Quote:
One thing I also played with but didn't seem to hit on the right combination is for the Integral 2 to not do the upscaling (take it out of the "Autoscale" setting). My projector does an excellent job of upscaling and my preference would be for the signal from the source to get to the projector without upscaling by the Integral 2... If a 1080p signal is coming from the source device, then keep it at 1080p... If a 4K signal is coming from the source device, then keep it at 4K. I tried the "pass-through" setting on the scale switch but everything seemed to come through at 1080p with that switch position. It may be that I just didn't do enough testing.

You need to stay in AUTOSCALING mode and run the GUI utility, SCALING section > then you will find an option to not upscale, turn it on and you are done.

Quote:
I also assume that I won't be able to use the Go-Blue I purchased with the Integral 2 until you load the new Integral 2 app on the Google and Apple stores. Is that the case or will the current Ingegral or Vertex apps work with the Go-Blue dongle and the Integral 2?

Still have lots of experimenting and tweaking to do but my initial testing was very favorable!

Yes correct, APPS are in the process of getting approved and there will be GoBlue FW update to support them shortly. This takes a bit time as we have to wait on official acceptance. Please be patient.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-25-2018 at 07:34 AM.
post #33 of 794 Old 10-25-2018, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

I tired the current integral and vertex apps and neither of them worked with integral 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 794 Old 10-25-2018, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I tired the current integral and vertex apps and neither of them worked with integral 2.

Yes all normal, you need Integral2 APP, please be patient.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #35 of 794 Old 10-25-2018, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any changes/improvements in the up/down scaling process found in the Integral2 compared to the Vertex?
post #36 of 794 Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexcode99 View Post
Any changes/improvements in the up/down scaling process found in the Integral2 compared to the Vertex?

No, it's strictly the same, everything is strictly the same except that Integral2 doesn't have OLED screen (and others cosmetics only)

post #37 of 794 Old 10-25-2018, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm continuing with my initial setup & tweaking of the Integral 2 with my Home Theater setup (equipment listed in my signature). I have things working pretty well at this point and everything except 3D seems to be working as I expected. On 3D, the image is breaking up... Almost like it is shifting. I have looked at it blocking one eye at a time and it does it with both frames. I have tried 2 different 3D movies, 2 different pairs of 3D glasses (which are different brands), and 2 different 4K/3D Blu-ray players. The same "jittering" is happening in all cases. I even tried power cycling all of the equipment in the string, including the Integral 2 and that did not fix the issue.

My chain is Sony 4K/3D BR Player (also tried the Panasonic) ==> 6 ft Monoprice Certified Cable ==> Sony AVR ==> 30' Forrest High Speed Passive Cable ==> Integral 2 ==> 6 ft Monoprice Certified Cable ==> Sony Projector

I have attached the export of the Integral 2 GUI settings as well as a couple of pictures of the OSD when on the 4K Menu and in the 3D movie. Let me know if you see anything.

Also, since this is my first run at the GUI, if you see anything that jumps out at you that I may have set up wrong, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_175233.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	858.5 KB
ID:	2473712   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_175152.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	2473714  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Steve Yarbrough Integral 2 - 3D Flicker.txt (7.1 KB, 34 views)

Regards, Steve
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
post #38 of 794 Old 10-26-2018, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm continuing with my initial setup & tweaking of the Integral 2 with my Home Theater setup (equipment listed in my signature). I have things working pretty well at this point and everything except 3D seems to be working as I expected. On 3D, the image is breaking up... Almost like it is shifting. I have looked at it blocking one eye at a time and it does it with both frames. I have tried 2 different 3D movies, 2 different pairs of 3D glasses (which are different brands), and 2 different 4K/3D Blu-ray players. The same "jittering" is happening in all cases. I even tried power cycling all of the equipment in the string, including the Integral 2 and that did not fix the issue.

My chain is Sony 4K/3D BR Player (also tried the Panasonic) ==> 6 ft Monoprice Certified Cable ==> Sony AVR ==> 30' Forrest High Speed Passive Cable ==> Integral 2 ==> 6 ft Monoprice Certified Cable ==> Sony Projector

I have attached the export of the Integral 2 GUI settings as well as a couple of pictures of the OSD when on the 4K Menu and in the 3D movie. Let me know if you see anything.

Also, since this is my first run at the GUI, if you see anything that jumps out at you that I may have set up wrong, please let me know.

Did you try directly without integral2 ? is 3D ok ?

Regarding your config, you are using a custom EDID presently, please use COPY TOP EDID MODE to copy your exact PJ EDID to the sources and confirm if you have same issue with 3D, may be 3D capabilities differs between your PJ and the custom EDID you are using on that config. Restart source between any EDID changes is safer.

You also have scaling on custom, please set it to AUTOSCALING.
Please try to export config where the issue manifests, apparently on that config you was not playing 3D

Last edited by HDfury; 10-26-2018 at 08:24 AM.
post #39 of 794 Old 10-26-2018, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Did you try directly without integral2 ? is 3D ok ?

Regarding your config, you are using a custom EDID presently, please use COPY TOP EDID MODE to copy your exact PJ EDID to the sources and confirm if you have same issue with 3D, may be 3D capabilities differs between your PJ and the custom EDID you are using on that config. Restart source between any EDID changes is safer.

You also have scaling on custom, please set it to AUTOSCALING.
Please try to export config where the issue manifests, apparently on that config you was not playing 3D
Thanks for the quick response as always!!! The purpose of using the Integral 2 is 2-fold:

1. My projector doesn't have HDR or BT2020 support but does have DCI/P3 support. I want to represent BT2020 capability to my source devices, especially my Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-ray. That Blu-ray player has very good cababilities of HDR to SDR translation and I want to be able to take advantage of the BT2020 color-space (using my DCI/P3 PJ setting) rather than REC709.
  2. I have had several situations where firmware updates have "broken" the HDMI handshake between the source and my projector because of the VPL-VW1100ES' limited 4K60P support (8-Bit 420 only). The source manufacturers seem to insist on using 4K60P on their menus and it has caused me to have to drop back to 1080p on the source device until the next firmware release comes out and then it is "magically" working at 4K again.
Based on the above, let me know if you think I have selected the wrong Custom EDID. If I just do "Automix", I don't think that it would solve my BT2020 need.

The 3D was working fine on both of the players before inserting the Integral 2. I am a 3D movie junkie and most of my Blu-ray movie collection is 3D so I use it a lot.

I really don't want to use the Autoscaling of the Integral 2 as my PJ does an outstanding job of that. I was using "Custom Scaling" in the config I sent you but had it flowing straight through with no scaling on all the options (basically custom scaling with no scaling). I have switched to the "No Scaling" option at the top of the "Scaling" panel.

As you requested I did the "Read TV (TOP) EDID" and I also changed the Scaling to "No Scaling". I exported a new config while viewing a 3D movie on the Panasonic Blu-Ray and have attached it but I think maybe the scaling was my problem as the 3D movies appear to be working correctly now.

I still have some learning to do about the full capabilities of the Integral 2. My Integral 2 is on top of my ceiling mounted projector so it is a bit of a pain to get up on a ladder to tweak things with my laptop. I'll be glad when the Android Integral 2 and GoBlue update become available.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Steve Yarbrough Integral 2 - 3D Flicker - During 3D Movie.txt (7.1 KB, 16 views)

Regards, Steve
post #40 of 794 Old 10-26-2018, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response as always!!! The purpose of using the Integral 2 is 2-fold:

1. My projector doesn't have HDR or BT2020 support but does have DCI/P3 support. I want to represent BT2020 capability to my source devices, especially my Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-ray. That Blu-ray player has very good cababilities of HDR to SDR translation and I want to be able to take advantage of the BT2020 color-space (using my DCI/P3 PJ setting) rather than REC709.
  2. I have had several situations where firmware updates have "broken" the HDMI handshake between the source and my projector because of the VPL-VW1100ES' limited 4K60P support (8-Bit 420 only). The source manufacturers seem to insist on using 4K60P on their menus and it has caused me to have to drop back to 1080p on the source device until the next firmware release comes out and then it is "magically" working at 4K again.
Based on the above, let me know if you think I have selected the wrong Custom EDID. If I just do "Automix", I don't think that it would solve my BT2020 need.

The 3D was working fine on both of the players before inserting the Integral 2. I am a 3D movie junkie and most of my Blu-ray movie collection is 3D so I use it a lot.

I really don't want to use the Autoscaling of the Integral 2 as my PJ does an outstanding job of that. I was using "Custom Scaling" in the config I sent you but had it flowing straight through with no scaling on all the options (basically custom scaling with no scaling). I have switched to the "No Scaling" option at the top of the "Scaling" panel.

As you requested I did the "Read TV (TOP) EDID" and I also changed the Scaling to "No Scaling". I exported a new config while viewing a 3D movie on the Panasonic Blu-Ray and have attached it but I think maybe the scaling was my problem as the 3D movies appear to be working correctly now.

I still have some learning to do about the full capabilities of the Integral 2. My Integral 2 is on top of my ceiling mounted projector so it is a bit of a pain to get up on a ladder to tweak things with my laptop. I'll be glad when the Android Integral 2 and GoBlue update become available.

Ok, if you have 3D working when using Read TV (TOP) EDID and not when using custom EDID, it means the 3D capabilities in EDID differs (my guess currently)
So you can determine if it was scaling issue or if it's really EDID issue by switching back to the custom EDID you was using and see if 3D work (then it was scaling parameters) or not (and then it's edid related)

in case it's edid related, the next step is to create a BT2020 EDID with 3D capabilities from your PJ, that's easy to do, but please verify first and report back.

post #41 of 794 Old 10-28-2018, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 40
(re post here since this is for integral 2)

Hi, I would like to purchase integral 2 to solve my HDMI issue, but I have two question wanted to confirm before I pull the trigger .

Understand that Integral2 is a Vertex without display, other than that is there any differences ? E.g. firmware flashing same version ?

I have a projector connecting using fiber HDMI, it supports full 4K HDR 3D etc... However, Everytime when I switch off the projector , the HDMI will report a EDID change to a very low resolution, e.g. 720*480. This case my AVR receiver is not able to recognize.

Is Integral2 able to 'remember' the best EDID from my projector when it's on, and ignore the bad one when it's off?

(My another HDMI output would be a 4K HDR Samsung TV, which has no issue at all)

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

post #42 of 794 Old 10-28-2018, 12:01 PM

I was too quick bought the Integral 2 from Amazon, and just realized that the seller was not HDFury, instead it was UHDGadgetry, is this the official dealer ?
It doesn't provide power plug option and I need UK power since I am not in US.
I tried to cancel the order but it's too late .
I have to either refuse the item for shipment or return it ...

post #43 of 794 Old 10-28-2018, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Also interested in info about UHDGadgetry. I assume that is a distributor in the states for them. May be 3rd party but they buy from HDfury at reduced price and get a cut perhaps.

Also, has there been any news of HDMI 2.1 features like VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) or ALLM (Auto Low Latency mode) being compatible with the Integral 2? I thought I saw a reference to it but now can’t find any info on that.

Last edited by wegafan; 10-28-2018 at 03:22 PM.
post #44 of 794 Old 10-29-2018, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Lai View Post
(re post here since this is for integral 2)

Hi, I would like to purchase integral 2 to solve my HDMI issue, but I have two question wanted to confirm before I pull the trigger .

1.Understand that Integral2 is a Vertex without display, other than that is there any differences ? E.g. firmware flashing same version ?

2.I have a projector connecting using fiber HDMI, it supports full 4K HDR 3D etc... However, Everytime when I switch off the projector , the HDMI will report a EDID change to a very low resolution, e.g. 720*480. This case my AVR receiver is not able to recognize.

Is Integral2 able to 'remember' the best EDID from my projector when it's on, and ignore the bad one when it's off?

(My another HDMI output would be a 4K HDR Samsung TV, which has no issue at all)

1. You cannot flash Vertex fw on Integral2 and vice versa, there is security against that, because Integral2 doesn't display same info at the same place, FW version is on OSD while it is on OLED on Vertex, etc... so each device have its own firmware for slight minor differences.
2. It depends where is the fiber in the chain (if problem is with fiber active chipset edid) if fiber is after Integral2, then device before integral2 will never see its edid. Yes you can force the unit to use a defined EDID (not a dynamic created one), that will never change.

Quote:
I was too quick bought the Integral 2 from Amazon, and just realized that the seller was not HDFury, instead it was UHDGadgetry, is this the official dealer ?
It doesn't provide power plug option and I need UK power since I am not in US.
I tried to cancel the order but it's too late .
I have to either refuse the item for shipment or return it ...

We don't sell on Amazon, Ebay and such places, only resellers do. You buy from there at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegafan View Post
Also interested in info about UHDGadgetry. I assume that is a distributor in the states for them. May be 3rd party but they buy from HDfury at reduced price and get a cut perhaps.

Also, has there been any news of HDMI 2.1 features like VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) or ALLM (Auto Low Latency mode) being compatible with the Integral 2? I thought I saw a reference to it but now can’t find any info on that.

ALLM or VRR are features that only work for SOURCE > DISPLAY direct, so the fact that it is supported does not mean it will work as no men in the middle device will ever support this individually.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-31-2018 at 09:13 AM.
post #45 of 794 Old 10-29-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
1. You cannot flash Vertex fw on Integral2 and vice versa, there is security against that, because Integral2 doesn't display same info at the same place, FW version is on OSD while it is on OLED on Vertex, etc... so each device have its own firmware for slight minor differences.
2. It depends where is the fiber in the chain (if problem is with fiber active chipset edid) if fiber is after Integral2, then device before integral2 will never see its edid. Yes you can force the unit to use a defined EDID, not dynamic that will never change.

We don't sell on Amazon, Ebay and such places, only resellers do. You buy from there at your own risk.

ALLM or VRR are features that only work for SOURCE > DISPLAY direct, so the fact that it is supported does not mean it will work as no men in the middle device will ever support this individually.
Thanks for the info.

I have read through the manual and believe it can solve the fiber EDID problem using defined EDID.

I have also canceled Amazon order , and bought from HDFury we site directly.

HDfury likes this.
post #46 of 794 Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Help Videos for Integral2

HDFury Integral2 OSD operation
HDFury Integral2 lock state to unlock state operation

post #47 of 794 Old 10-30-2018, 12:42 PM

Cool. I have received my Integral 2 today, everything is working perfectly.

I have a 4K TV and 4K projector, both support HDR BT2020, Integral2 helped me to pass video on both sink the same time with HDR which previously with my AV amp was not able to do it.

It can also upscale my 1080 movie to 4k.

It can also able to pass correct EDID to my source even the projector is off and EDID says all 0, which also solved my most headache problem that I needed to unplug the HDMI Everytime if not in use.

Thanks HDfury for such a great product.

By the way, I have Logitech harmony remote 650, I tried to add Integral2 but it cannot be found, on Vertex, Integral, Integral 4k60 on the list .
Is it available on Logitech database yet?

Thanks.

post #48 of 794 Old 10-30-2018, 01:24 PM

Cannot find in Logitech harmony device list....

post #49 of 794 Old 10-31-2018, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cannot find in Logitech harmony device list....

Hi Dick

Thank you for your feedback

For Harmony IR codes, we sent them, they will appear anytime soon hopefully but from past experience it can take some time, so the best practice if you want harmony control asap is the following:
- Download and extract Integral2 FW package available on HDfury.com > Product > integral2 product page > Download Tab
- Email the file called "Harmony IR code list" to Harmony support and ask them to add it to your device, they will happily do so in a faster way than adding it to their main db.

Please note that Harmony IR codes is limited to 100, so there is a selection to do as Total IR codes is around 250 or so approx.
We have made a selection (same as we did for Vertex selected 100 IR codes for Harmony), but if you send your own list, you can add some IR codes that are not in the default list that they will add to their main DB.

PS: on your above picture (please add them as attachment next time) I noticed that your unit is not yet unlocked, please unlock it (see above video)

Last edited by HDfury; 10-31-2018 at 09:18 AM.
post #50 of 794 Old 10-31-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Hi Dick

Thank you for your feedback

For Harmony IR codes, we sent them, they will appear anytime soon hopefully but from past experience it can take some time, so the best practice if you want harmony control asap is the following:
- Download and extract Integral2 FW package available on HDfury.com > Product > integral2 product page > Download Tab
- Email the file called "Harmony IR code list" to Harmony support and ask them to add it to your device, they will happily do so in a faster way than adding it to their main db.

Please note that Harmony IR codes is limited to 100, so there is a selection to do as Total IR codes is around 250 or so approx.
We have made a selection (same as we did for Vertex selected 100 IR codes for Harmony), but if you send your own list, you can add some IR codes that are not in the default list that they will add to their main DB.

PS: on your above picture (please add them as attachment next time) I noticed that your unit is not yet unlocked, please unlock it (see above video)
This is truly helpful!

Any difference between lock and unlock?
(If everything is working fine ?)

post #51 of 794 Old 11-01-2018, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is truly helpful!

Any difference between lock and unlock?
(If everything is working fine ?)

When locked some content will not pass thru as 4K but 1080p, so ALWAYS unlock your unit : out of the box, if you hard reset it or after new firmware flash.

Any new device from us will ALWAYS be locked out of the box, otherwise we cannot offer it for sell and user will ALWAYS need to unlock them in their setup.

That's usually the first and only thing you need to do, the rest is very basic for 99% of the setup: scale on autoscaling and custom edid (for HDR/HLG) or automix (for DV/HDR/HLG)
and if problem, export your config (usermanual p43)

post #52 of 794 Old 11-01-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
When locked some content will not pass thru as 4K but 1080p, so ALWAYS unlock your unit : out of the box, if you hard reset it or after new firmware flash.

Any new device from us will ALWAYS be locked out of the box, otherwise we cannot offer it for sell and user will ALWAYS need to unlock them in their setup.

That's usually the first and only thing you need to do, the rest is very basic for 99% of the setup: scale on autoscaling and custom edid (for HDR/HLG) or automix (for DV/HDR/HLG)
and if problem, export your config (usermanual p43)
The first point might be most important.
Thanks for the hints.
I will definitely unlock it.

Thanks

post #53 of 794 Old 11-07-2018, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
I just received mine and have a quick question. I noticed when I connect power it lights up for a couple seconds then goes dark. Is this normal? I am planning to send Apple TV 4K HDR through it to my Oppo 205 and then send Atmos and video to my MX160. Hooping it works.

NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | 4K/60 HDR10 ATMOS-best streaming device for image and sound available today!
post #54 of 794 Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
I just received mine and have a quick question. I noticed when I connect power it lights up for a couple seconds then goes dark. Is this normal? I am planning to send Apple TV 4K HDR through it to my Oppo 205 and then send Atmos and video to my MX160. Hooping it works.

Yes, it's normal, it flash briefly to confirm it's getting power and will only stay solid light once handshake is completed. logo is an indicator for incoming signal, when logo is off it means there is no incoming signal.

AVR to TOP OUTPUT
TV to BOTTOM OUTPUT
SCALE SLIDE on AUTOSCALING

Should work just fine (make sure you unlock it, refer to video posted previously or usermanual p13)

post #55 of 794 Old 11-07-2018, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Yes, it's normal, it flash briefly to confirm it's getting power and will only stay solid light once handshake is completed. logo is an indicator for incoming signal, when logo is off it means there is no incoming signal.

AVR to TOP OUTPUT
TV to BOTTOM OUTPUT
SCALE SLIDE on AUTOSCALING

Should work just fine (make sure you unlock it, refer to video posted previously or usermanual p13)
Thank you very much.

NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | 4K/60 HDR10 ATMOS-best streaming device for image and sound available today!
post #56 of 794 Old 11-07-2018, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Wow!!!

I am planning to do a full Review on my site with details but I will say here the Integral 2 has done in 10 seconds what 6 or 7 various switchers ranging from 349 to 2500 have not been able to do. It was the simplest plug and play product and that is no small feat considering what a pain hdmi can be!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F9598EE-97FF-493B-9636-1301C6DD0BF5.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	2479212   Click image for larger version

Name:	64FF0B2A-AC03-490E-9B2F-D9573FCFE6BA.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2479214   Click image for larger version

Name:	2D8D20AA-5E20-471E-9E7A-3DAC627CA9A2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	2479216   Click image for larger version

Name:	FC206296-7028-40B0-AB32-1F4630A7E4C3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2479218   Click image for larger version

Name:	8A49D59F-5747-4A6E-B4C9-D1901576F55A.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	2479220  

svpdog and HDfury like this.

post #57 of 794 Old 11-08-2018, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
I am planning to do a full Review on my site with details but I will say here the Integral 2 has done in 10 seconds what 6 or 7 various switchers ranging from 349 to 2500 have not been able to do. It was the simplest plug and play product and that is no small feat considering what a pain hdmi can be!

Thank you for your kind words.
Please post a link to your review once done ! much appreciated.
joerod likes this.

post #58 of 794 Old 11-12-2018, 02:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words.
Please post a link to your review once done ! much appreciated.
I would like to but these days they don’t allow me to anymore. I used to be able to. They can do a simple JoeRod home theater google and it comes right up.

post #59 of 794 Old 11-12-2018, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any further news about the new app for Android, guys?
post #60 of 794 Old 11-12-2018, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Integral 2 + Multiple Sources?

First, thanks for detailed information both in this thread and instruction manual. I am interested in purchasing one of these for my current setup. However, before doing so, I would like to confirm that the Integral 2 will indeed work in my situation. My proposed set-up would be: 2 PCs (recent nVidia cards) --> HD Integral 2 --> Recent 4K TV (Video) + Older AV Receiver (pre-Atmos / DTS:X) (Audio)

1. In addition to 4K 60 FPS, my TV also supports 1080p 120 fps and 1440p 120 fps. Is the Integral 2 able to pass all of those higher rame rates at the listed resolution?
  2. I have 2 sources (PCs with recent nVidia cards). Can the Integral 2 receive both as sources simultaneously?
  3. Per 2, can the Integral 2 be set to switch between which source to output to the TV without having to unplug and replug sources in?
  4. Per 2, can the Integral 2 output video from either of the 2 plugged-in sources to the TV with the full feature set supported by the TV?
  5. Per 2, can the Integral 2 output audio from either of the 2 plugged-in sources to the AV Receiver with the full feature set supported by the receiver?
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page