HDFury Integral 2 - Owners Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #601 of 633 Old 08-05-2019, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
The data reported in config will differ when locked or unlocked, so we need config export when it's unlocked.
Hi

Updated config file attached. Thanks

Ron
Attached Files
File Type: txt integral 2 config.txt (6.8 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 633 Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
Quoted: 4292 Post(s)
Liked: 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikemi View Post
Hi

Updated config file attached. Thanks

Ron

There is no signal coming in on this config, export config when signal is going thru.
If you think there should be signal because device at input is ON, then confirm cable length at input/output and move EDID slide to FIXED position and restart your source, if it works after that, this confirm you have cable issue on your setup, replace by kabledirekt, bluejeanscables or our cables, for copper min 6ft, max 12ft and you will be fine.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #603 of 633 Old 08-05-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
There is no signal coming in on this config, export config when signal is going thru.
If you think there should be signal because device at input is ON, then confirm cable length at input/output and move EDID slide to FIXED position and restart your source, if it works after that, this confirm you have cable issue on your setup, replace by kabledirekt, bluejeanscables or our cables, for copper min 6ft, max 12ft and you will be fine.
updated config----signal coming from cable box to avr to integral 2 to 1080p tv. Cables work fine---all my issues have been resolved except integral reporting stereo 16/44 when cable box outputing dolby digital plus 5.1. Even when bluray player is playing lossless format from uhd disc eg. dolby true hd to avr to integral to projector integral says its stereo 16/44 but im definitely getting true hd 5.1---avr reports it correctly. thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt integral 2 config.txt (7.1 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 633 Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikemi View Post
updated config----signal coming from cable box to avr to integral 2 to 1080p tv. Cables work fine---all my issues have been resolved except integral reporting stereo 16/44 when cable box outputing dolby digital plus 5.1. Even when bluray player is playing lossless format from uhd disc eg. dolby true hd to avr to integral to projector integral says its stereo 16/44 but im definitely getting true hd 5.1---avr reports it correctly. thanks
Yes that's AVR normal behavior, if you connect before AVR you have DD+, after you have stereo.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #605 of 633 Old 08-05-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Yes that's AVR normal behavior, if you connect before AVR you have DD+, after you have stereo.
Ok hdfury that’s great to know—-everything is working correctly, I was just curious about why the audio was being reported that way. Thank you so much for all your help—- great support for your products, I’m very impressed.

Ron
HDfury likes this.
post #606 of 633 Old 08-10-2019, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I've read this thread and I'm thinking that what I'd like to do is, in theory, possible if I were to purchase a Integral 2 but I wanted to check before doing so.

My setup looks like the diagram attached and I currently have a crappy HDMI 1>2 splitter in place of where the Integral 2 would go. Problem is it's down-sampling the 4K output from the shield and the resulting audio that feeds in to the Marantz is frequently being down-sampled to stereo. Occasionally I'll get some Dolby codec working, but it's rare, and DTS doesn't seem to work at all.

What I'd like to do is have the shield send the 4k HDR video through the integral 2 to the projector and for the audio (with all appropriate codecs) to be sent to the Marantz for decoding then sent to the monitors. Since the integral 2 has 2 inputs I'd also love to put the PS4 pro on input 2 and do the same.

I think my main concern is whether the audio will work out properly or if it'll be missing codecs. At the moment I'm waiting to upgrade the Marantz until HDMI 2.1 models are out, so the integral2 seems like a good temporary measure. Once the Marantz is upgraded I intend to move it between the output of the Marantz and the input of the projector to make up for the 5040ub's HDMI shortcomings.

Hopefully this all makes sense and you can let me know if the above is a possibility.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Setuplayout.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	2601516  
post #607 of 633 Old 08-10-2019, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlovision View Post
Hey all,

I've read this thread and I'm thinking that what I'd like to do is, in theory, possible if I were to purchase a Integral 2 but I wanted to check before doing so.

My setup looks like the diagram attached and I currently have a crappy HDMI 1>2 splitter in place of where the Integral 2 would go. Problem is it's down-sampling the 4K output from the shield and the resulting audio that feeds in to the Marantz is frequently being down-sampled to stereo. Occasionally I'll get some Dolby codec working, but it's rare, and DTS doesn't seem to work at all.

What I'd like to do is have the shield send the 4k HDR video through the integral 2 to the projector and for the audio (with all appropriate codecs) to be sent to the Marantz for decoding then sent to the monitors. Since the integral 2 has 2 inputs I'd also love to put the PS4 pro on input 2 and do the same.

I think my main concern is whether the audio will work out properly or if it'll be missing codecs. At the moment I'm waiting to upgrade the Marantz until HDMI 2.1 models are out, so the integral2 seems like a good temporary measure. Once the Marantz is upgraded I intend to move it between the output of the Marantz and the input of the projector to make up for the 5040ub's HDMI shortcomings.

Hopefully this all makes sense and you can let me know if the above is a possibility.

Thanks!
Yes that will work just fine, AVR to TOP OUT, PJ to BOTTOM OUT
SCALE SLIDE ON AUTOSCALING, EDID SLIDE ON CUSTOM POSITION.

post #608 of 633 Old 08-12-2019, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi
first time posting here.

1. Samsung Q80R tv
2. Yamaha RX 479 receiver
3. NVIDIA Shield

Current setup:
Nvidia --> INPUT0 integral 2 OUTPUT0 --> samsung
integral 2 OUTPUT1 --> yamaha

Scale slider on Auto Scaling and EDID on Automix. HDCP on middle switch.

Basically my receiver does not passthrough HDR. got the Integral 2 to split the signal so i can watch HDR content on the samsung tv while getting uncompressed audio to my yamaha.
but I can’t seem to get the integral to turn on. I tried powercycling the unit but the integral logo turns on for 2 seconds and then it’s off again. My tv is getting no hdmi signal everytime I turn on Shield. I thought it could be the hdmi cables but I’ve connected my shield directly to the tv and I get a signal.
It did work one time when integral turned on while I was watching TV. I could watch HDR movie using shield with HDR signal passing through to the tv and uncompressed sound to my receiver. I thought brilliant it finally works. The integral may have taken some time to configure itself out. Great. So I thought let’s try this again from the start. I turned everything off and restarted Shield. TV comes on but I get no signal again. Integral logo lit up for a couple of seconds and then off again.
Really frustrated now. Do I have a faulty unit? I tried both inputs and still can’t get Integral to turn on. Is it a setting I’m not using? I pretty much left everything as default. I have flashed firmware a couple of times and still didn’t work. Please help. thanks
post #609 of 633 Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo28 View Post
Hi
first time posting here.

1. Samsung Q80R tv
2. Yamaha RX 479 receiver
3. NVIDIA Shield

Current setup:
Nvidia --> INPUT0 integral 2 OUTPUT0 --> samsung
integral 2 OUTPUT1 --> yamaha

Scale slider on Auto Scaling and EDID on Automix. HDCP on middle switch.

Basically my receiver does not passthrough HDR. got the Integral 2 to split the signal so i can watch HDR content on the samsung tv while getting uncompressed audio to my yamaha.
but I can’t seem to get the integral to turn on. I tried powercycling the unit but the integral logo turns on for 2 seconds and then it’s off again. My tv is getting no hdmi signal everytime I turn on Shield. I thought it could be the hdmi cables but I’ve connected my shield directly to the tv and I get a signal.
It did work one time when integral turned on while I was watching TV. I could watch HDR movie using shield with HDR signal passing through to the tv and uncompressed sound to my receiver. I thought brilliant it finally works. The integral may have taken some time to configure itself out. Great. So I thought let’s try this again from the start. I turned everything off and restarted Shield. TV comes on but I get no signal again. Integral logo lit up for a couple of seconds and then off again.
Really frustrated now. Do I have a faulty unit? I tried both inputs and still can’t get Integral to turn on. Is it a setting I’m not using? I pretty much left everything as default. I have flashed firmware a couple of times and still didn’t work. Please help. thanks

- SHIELD > TV needs one cable, so testing this make sense ONLY IF you test with BOTH CABLES that are required to insert Integral or THREE in case AVR is also 600MHz capable. and of course it only make sense if SHIELD is sending 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444 8b as anything else is not 600MHz/18Gbps and not valid for testing cable.
- If you flashed firmware , make sure you have unlocked unit, see usermanual p13
- If you move EDID slide to FIXED position and restart your source, max signal is then 300MHz, if that works but custom or automix position for edid slide makes no picture, this confirm cable issue in the setup.
- so verify all that and in case you still have problem, just export and add your config as attachment (usermanual p43)

post #610 of 633 Old 08-12-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
- SHIELD > TV needs one cable, so testing this make sense ONLY IF you test with BOTH CABLES that are required to insert Integral or THREE in case AVR is also 600MHz capable. and of course it only make sense if SHIELD is sending 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444 8b as anything else is not 600MHz/18Gbps and not valid for testing cable.
- If you flashed firmware , make sure you have unlocked unit, see usermanual p13
- If you move EDID slide to FIXED position and restart your source, max signal is then 300MHz, if that works but custom or automix position for edid slide makes no picture, this confirm cable issue in the setup.
- so verify all that and in case you still have problem, just export and add your config as attachment (usermanual p43)
Hi

thanks for your reply. i will try your solutions tonight.

hopefully it's not a cable issue. they are 18Gbps cables. integral did work once with the cables attached to it. but i will test all of them.

i will let you know the results.
post #611 of 633 Old 08-13-2019, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi

thanks for your reply. i will try your solutions tonight.

hopefully it's not a cable issue. they are 18Gbps cables. integral did work once with the cables attached to it. but i will test all of them.

i will let you know the results.
18Gbps, certified, etc.. means nothing, most cables will fail at 18Gbps/600MHz no matter the marketing BS they put on it or around it.
The only way to know is source > display direct and make sure you play a 600MHz signal which is 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444 8b, anything else is not 18Gbps/600MHz and therefor useless to determine anything regarding cable quality,
this is actually why some bad cables get good review, because people thinks that if it can play 4K24 or 4K60 HDR, then it's fine, that is not true, any 4K24 is max 450MHz, and usual 4K60 HDR is 375MHz, that is VERY FAR from 600MHz where 99% of the issues arise.

Known good brands for copper (and affordable) are bluejeanscables, kabledirekt or our cables. min 6ft, max12ft

Just for reference, there is 48Gbps "certified" cables on the market, that fails for 18Gbps, so I hope this is enough for everyone to understand how you can trust such "certification"

post #612 of 633 Old 08-13-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
18Gbps, certified, etc.. means nothing, most cables will fail at 18Gbps/600MHz no matter the marketing BS they put on it or around it.
The only way to know is source > display direct and make sure you play a 600MHz signal which is 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444 8b, anything else is not 18Gbps/600MHz and therefor useless to determine anything regarding cable quality,
this is actually why some bad cables get good review, because people thinks that if it can play 4K24 or 4K60 HDR, then it's fine, that is not true, any 4K24 is max 450MHz, and usual 4K60 HDR is 375MHz, that is VERY FAR from 600MHz where 99% of the issues arise.

Known good brands for copper (and affordable) are bluejeanscables, kabledirekt or our cables. min 6ft, max12ft

Just for reference, there is 48Gbps "certified" cables on the market, that fails for 18Gbps, so I hope this is enough for everyone to understand how you can trust such "certification"
i've tested the three cables separately by connecting shield directly to my TV and they work. i can watch netflix and use kodi. so cables are not an issue.

i connected integral again and move EDID to Fixed position as suggested earlier and restarted shield and still getting no signal. integral logo does not light up.

my config is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt int2.txt (6.8 KB, 4 views)
post #613 of 633 Old 08-13-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i've tested the three cables separately by connecting shield directly to my TV and they work. i can watch netflix and use kodi. so cables are not an issue.

i connected integral again and move EDID to Fixed position as suggested earlier and restarted shield and still getting no signal. integral logo does not light up.

my config is attached.
Hehe, you have faith in your cables it seems, funny how everyone thinks there is no cable issues while the issue is ALWAYS the cable in use

Anyway, thanx for the config, so here we go:

First of all, if you tested SHIELD to the same input where you connected INTEGRAL2 when you exported the config, then first thing is that you have NOT enabled DEEP COLOR on your TV, that means the input is limited to 4K60 420 8b HDR which is 300MHz.
So not only testing in this condition is IRRELEVANT for cable issue, but you are NOT getting the picture quality you should get from your tv and shield.

As I wrote to you before the only 2 signals you need to test are 4K60 444 8b and 4K60 422 12b, NOTHING ELSE as nothing else is 18Gbps/600MHz, of course, since the TV input is not deep color enabled, you wasn't able to test any of that.
You said kodi works and Netflix works, nice for you but that was at 4K60 420 8b 300MHz, so at HALF the bandwidth you should have tested.
As you have a shield it's easy to go in setting and set output resolution to both res I listed above, of course, as long as deep color is not enable on your TV, then shield won't offer you this resolution.
The fact that Integral2 fail when connected directly already prove the cable issue, since our default edid is 600MHz/18Gbps.
the fact that it fails with Fixed position is a bit strange, that is true, but given cables are prolly so so, it's not a surprise.

So what you should do now is enable DEEP COLOR for the TV input that you are using, connect SHIELD to that TV input directly with one cable and set shield to 4K60 444 8b or 4K60 422 12b and make sure you have at least 2 cables working in this condition.
Once you have 2 cables working in this condition then:

SHIELD > working cable > integral2 > bottom output > working cable > TV
the cable used for RX V479 is not important.
Make sure integral2 is powered by wall plug when you test, only power from USB to export config or flash firmware, for testing, always use wall plug adapter.

If still problem, confirm cable brand and length.

post #614 of 633 Old 08-13-2019, 10:34 AM

sorry forgot that i have to enable deep colour after changing cables. it's enabled now. tried cables again connecting shield directly to tv and yes i can see 4K60 444 8b and 4K60 422 12b on the display settings
see attachments

integral is powered by wall plug. i'm using belkin ultra high speed cables and they are 1.5m length.
connected everything and still get no signal from the tv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0709.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	2602438   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2602440  
Attached Files
File Type: txt int3.txt (6.8 KB, 7 views)
post #615 of 633 Old 08-14-2019, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
sorry forgot that i have to enable deep colour after changing cables. it's enabled now. tried cables again connecting shield directly to tv and yes i can see 4K60 444 8b and 4K60 422 12b on the display settings
see attachments

integral is powered by wall plug. i'm using belkin ultra high speed cables and they are 1.5m length.
connected everything and still get no signal from the tv.
Ok make one simple test, set Shield to output any1080p and try both inputs, do you get a picture from any of them ?
Where did you get this unit from ?

post #616 of 633 Old 08-14-2019, 07:37 AM

set shield output to 1080p and tried both inputs and still no picture. i got the integral from Ezyhd. so i got a faulty one?

do i return this unit and get a new one and through you guys?
post #617 of 633 Old 08-14-2019, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
set shield output to 1080p and tried both inputs and still no picture. i got the integral from Ezyhd. so i got a faulty one?

do i return this unit and get a new one and through you guys?

Just go on hdfury.com and see contact form at the footer or email address listed on footer of any page, send email that way and we will send you replacement first and then you can try and return old one once new one is working.

post #618 of 633 Old 08-14-2019, 07:47 PM

cool cheers for all your help so far
post #619 of 633 Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Just go on hdfury.com and see contact form at the footer or email address listed on footer of any page, send email that way and we will send you replacement first and then you can try and return old one once new one is working.
message sent at hdfury.com
post #620 of 633 Old 08-18-2019, 02:26 AM

hi
i have not received any replies at hdfury regarding a replacement integral2 unit. it’s been more than 3 days since i sent the message.
post #621 of 633 Old 08-18-2019, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
hi
i have not received any replies at hdfury regarding a replacement integral2 unit. it’s been more than 3 days since i sent the message.

May be check your SPAM, and use email to follow up.

post #622 of 633 Old 08-18-2019, 06:48 AM

checked spam and nothing. hope there is a reply on the second email I sent
post #623 of 633 Old 08-18-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You will get reply tomorrow. it's sunday, only the brave working.

post #624 of 633 Old 08-20-2019, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so the guys checked this and it was indeed shipped on the 15 AUG, the same day you sent email and was delivered to you on 19 AUG, so you indeed missed notification.

post #625 of 633 Old 08-20-2019, 05:04 AM

i didn’t get any notifications it was already shipped. i got a surprise when i got the package.
tried the replacement integral and after a couple of tries i got it to work. it keeps changing from input0 to input1 even though i’m using input0.
thanks for your help and for sending a replacement unit. great customer service!
post #626 of 633 Old 08-20-2019, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i didn’t get any notifications it was already shipped. i got a surprise when i got the package.
tried the replacement integral and after a couple of tries i got it to work. it keeps changing from input0 to input1 even though i’m using input0.
thanks for your help and for sending a replacement unit. great customer service!
May be it was flagged spam at isp level then, but it was indeed sent, we have it in sent mails on 15 AUG. Anyway that's solved now.

Regarding changing inputs, may be you have input priority ON ?
Send me your config export as attachment in your reply if you want me to check on your settings.

post #627 of 633 Old 08-20-2019, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hey there,

i'm kind of a newbie but i'm looking for advice regarding my setup.

can anyone tell me if this setup would work ? and is that case what the integral2 setup should be ?

post #628 of 633 Old 08-21-2019, 04:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjo View Post
hey there,

i'm kind of a newbie but i'm looking for advice regarding my setup.

can anyone tell me if this setup would work ? and is that case what the integral2 setup should be ?
Thanx for the diagram,

It can work for the Sanyo PJ at 1080p if main signal is 4K, (and for this you just have to connect Sanyo PJ at top output and make sure Scale slide is on autoscaling)
However for Sony TV at 720 if main signal is 4K, you need to add a splitter at top output and HDfury X4 to convert 1080p to 720p.

The other option is to use HDfury Diva instead of current Matrix, so all 4 sources to Diva inputs, AVR to Diva audio out, Samsung TV to Diva TX0 and then splitter on TX1 output, one output feed Sanyo PJ and HDfury X4 on second output to do 1080p > 720p for old monitor.

Last edited by HDfury; 08-21-2019 at 04:40 AM.
post #629 of 633 Old 08-21-2019, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
HDCP Issue

Hi,

First post for me here.
My installation:
1. LG 55C7V
2. AVR Yamaha RX-A840
3. Apple TV 4K

Just received, I installed the HD Fury Integral 2 between my Apple TV 4K and my TV LG C7V and my Yamaha AVR.
Settings: Scale Auto / Edid Auto to enjoy Dolby Vision as recommended on the hardware.
My goal is to get the best possible picture from my TV and send HD sound to my non-compatible HDR AVR.
Everything works fine: Netflix, Movies.
I just have a problem with the MyCanal application and a channel broadcast in UHD: I have the sound but a black screen.
If I disconnect my AVR (HDCP 1.4), I have the image. So, I think it's a HDCP compatibility problem, it is based on the weakest blow I can not benefit from the channel in UHD.
Would there be a way around the problem and ignore the restriction of my AVR?

Thank you.
post #630 of 633 Old 08-21-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivert31 View Post
Hi,

First post for me here.
My installation:
1. LG 55C7V
2. AVR Yamaha RX-A840
3. Apple TV 4K

Just received, I installed the HD Fury Integral 2 between my Apple TV 4K and my TV LG C7V and my Yamaha AVR.
Settings: Scale Auto / Edid Auto to enjoy Dolby Vision as recommended on the hardware.
My goal is to get the best possible picture from my TV and send HD sound to my non-compatible HDR AVR.
Everything works fine: Netflix, Movies.
I just have a problem with the MyCanal application and a channel broadcast in UHD: I have the sound but a black screen.
If I disconnect my AVR (HDCP 1.4), I have the image. So, I think it's a HDCP compatibility problem, it is based on the weakest blow I can not benefit from the channel in UHD.
Would there be a way around the problem and ignore the restriction of my AVR?

Thank you.

Are you sure the unit is unlocked ? see usermanual p13
If problem, export your config and add it as attachment (usermanual p43)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page