HDFury Integral 2 - Owners Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 69Likes

post #661 of 710 Old 10-12-2019, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 1755
Forgive me if I missed the answer...but simple question:

I am thinking of getting a NAD T777v3 which only has one 4k/HDR output HDMI port. However, I use both 4k HDMI inputs on my Sony TV so I can have different picture modes for my 4k player and my Xbox One X.

Will the Integral 2 simply split the output signal from the NAD so it is sent to both inputs on my Sony TV with identical full 4k/HDR support (including DV)? That way I just have to select which input I want to use on my Sony depending on what source item is in use (just like a dual output AVR would behave)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 710 Old 10-12-2019, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 608 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Forgive me if I missed the answer...but simple question:

I am thinking of getting a NAD T777v3 which only has one 4k/HDR output HDMI port. However, I use both 4k HDMI inputs on my Sony TV so I can have different picture modes for my 4k player and my Xbox One X.

Will the Integral 2 simply split the output signal from the NAD so it is sent to both inputs on my Sony TV with identical full 4k/HDR support (including DV)? That way I just have to select which input I want to use on my Sony depending on what source item is in use (just like a dual output AVR would behave)?
Splitter = 1 input replicated to 2 output, so that would allow you to split NAD T777v3 output to 2 sony inputs. So answer is yes.

If you play online competitive games, please note that you will introduceinput lag going thru an AVR with a game system, using Vertex2 you can connect up to 4 sources and 2 video output going to your TV as you want and have Audio Out feeding your AVR, thus no input lag introduced.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #663 of 710 Old 10-12-2019, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Splitter = 1 input replicated to 2 output, so that would allow you to split NAD T777v3 output to 2 sony inputs. So answer is yes.

If you play online competitive games, please note that you will introduceinput lag going thru an AVR with a game system, using Vertex2 you can connect up to 4 sources and 2 video output going to your TV as you want and have Audio Out feeding your AVR, thus no input lag introduced.

Thanks for the quick response. Online gaming/lag isn't a concern at the moment, just need to split the signal.

What settings would I use for the 1input/2output scenario that will support HDR10 and Dolby Vision, along with not introducing any extra processing or scaling (just want to keep the video signals untouched/original)? Reading the settings info on the bottom of the unit it seems to suggest two different combinations of settings depending on HDR vs. DV.

Appreciate the responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 710 Old 10-12-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. Online gaming/lag isn't a concern at the moment, just need to split the signal.

What settings would I use for the 1input/2output scenario that will support HDR10 and Dolby Vision, along with not introducing any extra processing or scaling (just want to keep the video signals untouched/original)? Reading the settings info on the bottom of the unit it seems to suggest two different combinations of settings depending on HDR vs. DV.

TV to BOTTOM output, Sound System to TOP OUTPUT, EDID slide on AUTOMIX, SCALE SLIDE on AUTOSCALING.
That is for any HDR and any DV. (you might need to run Windows configuration tool to set TOP MAX audio flag under AUTOMIX settings)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #665 of 710 Old 10-12-2019, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

TV to BOTTOM output, Sound System to TOP OUTPUT, EDID slide on AUTOMIX, SCALE SLIDE on AUTOSCALING.
That is for any HDR and any DV. (you might need to run Windows configuration tool to set TOP MAX audio flag under AUTOMIX settings)
Sorry, I meant for having both the Top and Bottom output connected to the TV. I don't need to split the audio, as the input to the Integral will be coming from the receiver (so audio is already taken care of). Just want to share one 4k HDR signal to two 4k HDR inputs on my TV only one input on the TV will actually be in use at a time obviously).

Would the settings still be the same?
post #666 of 710 Old 10-12-2019, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Yes no problem, should work out of the box with EDID slide on AUTOMIX and SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING. AVR output to any input, TOP out to 1080p TV, BOT out to 4K PJ.
Hello,
Just got my Integral 2 but I did not manage to get it to work

I have followed your instruction.

Integral 2 OUTPUT1 (top one) > Darbee Darblet > 1080P TV
Integral 2 OUTPUT2 (bot one) > EPSON EH-TW9300W projector

Integral 2 INPUT1 > Pioneer SC-LX901 a/v receiver (receiver HDMI output 1)

EDID slide on AUTOMIX
SCALW slide on AUTOSCALING
HDCP slide to HDCP 2.2
Working as Splitter (short press on INP button)

I have a Pioneer SC-LX901 a/v receiver.
In HDMi1 out I have hooked my EPSON EH-TW9400W projector which accepts HDR, 4K
In HDMI2 out I have hooked my old Samsung Plasma TV which is only FullHD.

Unfortunately we the above settings I did not manage to get a picture neither on my TV or my Projector.

Am I missing something ? Can you please help ?

Regards,
Andreas
post #667 of 710 Old 10-13-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, I meant for having both the Top and Bottom output connected to the TV. I don't need to split the audio, as the input to the Integral will be coming from the receiver (so audio is already taken care of). Just want to share one 4k HDR signal to two 4k HDR inputs on my TV only one input on the TV will actually be in use at a time obviously).

Yes same settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYK48 View Post
Hello,
Just got my Integral 2 but I did not manage to get it to work

I have followed your instruction.

Integral 2 OUTPUT1 (top one) > Darbee Darblet > 1080P TV
Integral 2 OUTPUT2 (bot one) > EPSON EH-TW9300W projector

Integral 2 INPUT1 > Pioneer SC-LX901 a/v receiver (receiver HDMI output 1)

EDID slide on AUTOMIX
SCALW slide on AUTOSCALING
HDCP slide to HDCP 2.2
Working as Splitter (short press on INP button)

I have a Pioneer SC-LX901 a/v receiver.
In HDMi1 out I have hooked my EPSON EH-TW9400W projector which accepts HDR, 4K
In HDMI2 out I have hooked my old Samsung Plasma TV which is only FullHD.

Unfortunately we the above settings I did not manage to get a picture neither on my TV or my Projector.

Am I missing something ? Can you please help ?

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Please export and post config when any issue. (usermanual p43)
I would put HDCP slide on mid position, since darbee does not support HDCP2.2
Also please confirm cable length between AVR and Integral2 input as well as cable length going to PJ.

post #668 of 710 Old 10-13-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

Yes same settings.
So HDCP slider to 2.2, Scaler slider to Auto, and EDID slider to Auto and I'm good to go? No need to change any settings internally using Windows?

Thanks again!
post #669 of 710 Old 10-13-2019, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So HDCP slider to 2.2, Scaler slider to Auto, and EDID slider to Auto and I'm good to go? No need to change any settings internally using Windows?

Thanks again!
Let HDCP slide on AUTO as well and yes no need to change to anything else, should work out of the box, make sure unit is unlocked (usermanual p13)

post #670 of 710 Old 10-13-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Yes same settings.

Hi Andreas,

Please export and post config when any issue. (usermanual p43)
I would put HDCP slide on mid position, since darbee does not support HDCP2.2
Also please confirm cable length between AVR and Integral2 input as well as cable length going to PJ.
Hello,
I attach my configuration file.
The length of the HDMI cables are as follows:
- cable length between AVR and Integral 2 > 1m
- cable length going to EPSON EH-TW9300W wireless device > 1 meter

The HDMI cables are QED and capable of 4K.

Thanks a lot.
Andreas
Attached Files
File Type: txt andreas_integral2 config file.txt (6.8 KB, 8 views)
post #671 of 710 Old 10-13-2019, 11:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello,
I attach my configuration file.
The length of the HDMI cables are as follows:
- cable length between AVR and Integral 2 > 1m
- cable length going to EPSON EH-TW9300W wireless device > 1 meter

The HDMI cables are QED and capable of 4K.

Thanks a lot.
Andreas
You are in MATRIX MODE here, so please change to SPLITTER MODE and make sure the input connected to AVR is selected.
There is nothing coming in on this config, so if changing to splitter mode does not help, try replacing the cable from AVR output to Integral2 input (by min 6ft, max12ft from kabledirekt, bluejeans cables or our cables), make sure Integral2 is powered from wall plug adapter.

If still problem, try disconnecting the output going to Darbee and see if it changes anything.

post #672 of 710 Old 10-14-2019, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking Extract Full Audio from VRR signal

[BREAKTHROUGH]

We managed to extract full audio from a VRR signal and forward it to any AVR input > World First !

This cannot be implemented on any current unit, but some special VRR edition of current hardware might be possible.

post #673 of 710 Old 10-14-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
You are in MATRIX MODE here, so please change to SPLITTER MODE and make sure the input connected to AVR is selected.
There is nothing coming in on this config, so if changing to splitter mode does not help, try replacing the cable from AVR output to Integral2 input (by min 6ft, max12ft from kabledirekt, bluejeans cables or our cables), make sure Integral2 is powered from wall plug adapter.

If still problem, try disconnecting the output going to Darbee and see if it changes anything.
Hello,
I have managed to get a picture on my TV and Projector, but I have problems when Darbee is in the chain.
I still want to use my Darbee for my TV which is 1080P.
Furthermore, when I use the TV my HTPC (windows 10) shows that the resolution is 4K instead of 1080P. Is there a way to make windows show 1080P when connected to the TV and 4K when connected to the projector ? Can Integral2 do this ?
And one more question. What do I have to do to get Atmos sound with the Integral2 in the chain on my AVR ? I had some problems with the sound output from my HTPC.
Thanks and apologize for the trouble. Still trying to learn
post #674 of 710 Old 10-15-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello,
I have managed to get a picture on my TV and Projector, but I have problems when Darbee is in the chain.
I still want to use my Darbee for my TV which is 1080P.
Furthermore, when I use the TV my HTPC (windows 10) shows that the resolution is 4K instead of 1080P. Is there a way to make windows show 1080P when connected to the TV and 4K when connected to the projector ? Can Integral2 do this ?
And one more question. What do I have to do to get Atmos sound with the Integral2 in the chain on my AVR ? I had some problems with the sound output from my HTPC.
Thanks and apologize for the trouble. Still trying to learn
Please add config export with any questions so I can see the settings progress versus your questions.

If AVR is BEFORE Integral2 in your chain, then ATMOS support from it have nothing to do with our devices. Only if AVR is after Integral2, then Integral2 could play a role in getting ATMOS from source.

To get 1080p for TV and 4K for PJ, use AUTOMIX EDID MODE and make sure TV is OFF when PJ is ON, or PJ is OFF when TV is ON.

You can try special FW for darbee support, send PM or join our discord support server and send private message to user: hdfury

post #675 of 710 Old 10-17-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@HDfury

Got my Integral 2 today and set it up. One HDMI in from my AVR and two HDMI outs to the 4k/HDR inputs on my Sony TV. Using EDID Automix (Max Audio/Max Video, Native), No Scaling/Passthrough, and HDCP Auto (Follow source).

Everything is working in terms of audio and video. But the only small hiccup/nuisance is when I watch material that changes video format on the fly, mainly streaming sources, I do get a momentary loss of signal between video switching. For instance, if watching a TV show, the show will end and the video will cut out for a few seconds as the new show starts to autoplay. Before incorporating the Integral 2 this wasn't an issue. Is this normal/unpreventable?
post #676 of 710 Old 10-18-2019, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury

Got my Integral 2 today and set it up. One HDMI in from my AVR and two HDMI outs to the 4k/HDR inputs on my Sony TV. Using EDID Automix (Max Audio/Max Video, Native), No Scaling/Passthrough, and HDCP Auto (Follow source).

Everything is working in terms of audio and video. But the only small hiccup/nuisance is when I watch material that changes video format on the fly, mainly streaming sources, I do get a momentary loss of signal between video switching. For instance, if watching a TV show, the show will end and the video will cut out for a few seconds as the new show starts to autoplay. Before incorporating the Integral 2 this wasn't an issue. Is this normal/unpreventable?
IF resolution changes (or frame rate change) then there is a resync, this is happening with a device in between or without, just when source > TV direct, this is so quick that may be you didn't notice it yet, because signal goes straight to panel driver.

You can send PM, email or join our support server to get special fw that might reduce handshake time a bit but it will never as quick as SOURCE > TV direct for the reason I explained above.

PS: always make sure unit is unlocked (usermanual p13)

post #677 of 710 Old 10-18-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
IF resolution changes (or frame rate change) then there is a resync, this is happening with a device in between or without, just when source > TV direct, this is so quick that may be you didn't notice it yet, because signal goes straight to panel driver.

You can send PM, email or join our support server to get special fw that might reduce handshake time a bit but it will never as quick as SOURCE > TV direct for the reason I explained above.

PS: always make sure unit is unlocked (usermanual p13)

Awesome, thanks! That's what I figured it was and I can live with it.
Regarding it being unlocked, I read pg13 of the manual but see no mention of locking/unlocking. When I received the Integral 2 yesterday I restored all factory defaults through the GUI and then upgraded to newest firmware. Is that good enough?
post #678 of 710 Old 10-18-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Awesome, thanks! That's what I figured it was and I can live with it.
Regarding it being unlocked, I read pg13 of the manual but see no mention of locking/unlocking. When I received the Integral 2 yesterday I restored all factory defaults through the GUI and then upgraded to newest firmware. Is that good enough?

Yes, it's not called LOCK/UNLOCK in usermanual, that's how we call it here.

To make it easy: If on OSD top left corner you do not see the FW version reported, then unit is locked and you need to do the trick on p13 to unlock, after power cycle, you should see FW version displayed on top left corner, that means it's unlocked (or ready optimally)

Unit needs to be unlocked after any firmware update, so if you updated firmware, you more likely need to do that trick.

You can also just post a config export as attachement (usermanual p43) and I can confirm if it's locked or unlocked

post #679 of 710 Old 10-18-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, it's not called LOCK/UNLOCK in usermanual, that's how we call it here.

To make it easy: If on OSD top left corner you do not see the FW version reported, then unit is locked and you need to do the trick on p13 to unlock, after power cycle, you should see FW version displayed on top left corner, that means it's unlocked (or ready optimally)

Unit needs to be unlocked after any firmware update, so if you updated firmware, you more likely need to do that trick.

You can also just post a config export as attachement (usermanual p43) and I can confirm if it's locked or unlocked

I will check when I get home. Thanks!

What operational difference is there between locked and unlocked just out of curiosity?
post #680 of 710 Old 10-18-2019, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will check when I get home. Thanks!

What operational difference is there between locked and unlocked just out of curiosity?
When locked some content cannot be hdcp converted or modified in anyway, it have to do with that: https://www.hdfury.com/from-the-bottom-to-the-top/

I suggest you do not bother much about it, just recall that your unit should be unlocked after any fw update because out of the box, it have to respect some rules (even if those rules are utterly **)

post #681 of 710 Old 10-25-2019, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi, I am really need your help!
I have the Hdfury Integral2 with the Jvc x5000 projector. I read about the jvc macros and really got interesting but not understand well how to use it so, I have few questions:
1. What the macros do? changes the picture mode depending to the contact to my pictures mode or to new picture mode that exists in the Hdfury?
2.I need to download some package that suitable to my projector?
Ty
post #682 of 710 Old 10-25-2019, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 358 Post(s)
Quoted: 5634 Post(s)
Liked: 5954
Quote:
Originally Posted by liel View Post
Hi, I am really need your help!
I have the Hdfury Integral2 with the Jvc x5000 projector. I read about the jvc macros and really got interesting but not understand well how to use it so, I have few questions:
1. What the macros do? changes the picture mode depending to the contact to my pictures mode or to new picture mode that exists in the Hdfury?
2.I need to download some package that suitable to my projector?
Ty
Hi there,

Please take a look at this post, and download the attached ZIP, it comes with a PDF that explains everything.

If you have any questions after reading both the post and the PDF, please ask here but mention me so that I'm aware because I don't follow this thread.

Also @SLYDoggie please could you put a link to that post in the first post, under the title "JVC Macro feature for Vertex/Vertex2/Maestro explanation"? Thank you!

Thanks!
HDfury likes this.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro

Last edited by Manni01; 10-25-2019 at 11:27 AM.
post #683 of 710 Old 10-26-2019, 11:07 AM

@Manni01
Thank you for help.
I Downloaded the zip and read the pdf and the guide on the vertex thread but still have few questions:
1. I downloaded the zip but still don’t understand what I need to do with the files, import to my pj with the jvc software or the Hdfury do it automatically?
2. My room has full control ambient light but my ceiling and walls is white, that calibration is good for me?
3. My projector is Jvc X5000, all the guide refers to x7000,x9000, will these calibration match my pj well?
post #684 of 710 Old 10-26-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Manni01
Thank you for help.
I Downloaded the zip and read the pdf and the guide on the vertex thread but still have few questions:
1. I downloaded the zip but still don’t understand what I need to do with the files, import to my pj with the jvc software or the Hdfury do it automatically?
2. My room has full control ambient light but my ceiling and walls is white, that calibration is good for me?
3. My projector is Jvc X5000, all the guide refers to x7000,x9000, will these calibration match my pj well?
You need to ask a calibrator to create custom curves for your environment and set up the Vertex for you. The guide is written for people familiar with the design of JVC custom curves, which do need to be uploaded to the JVC using the JVC Autocal software that works for your model. Discussing this goes beyond the help I can offer here, sorry, but you can try asking in the JVC Owner's thread for your model to get some advice from more experienced members regarding creating custom curves. There are some guides around, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. It is off topic here.

However, you can use the Vertex and the JVC Macro to switch to the correct calibration without uploading any custom curves. You can use the Automatic mode and simply select which calibration you want to use depending on the content.

Again, if the instructions are not clear enough, you might need some help with setting up your PJ to make the most of it.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
post #685 of 710 Old 10-26-2019, 12:12 PM

@Manni01
I have the Spyder5 Elite and make auto calibration, I import new bt2020 color profile and new gamma D for hdr.
I already ask for help in the JVC X5000 thread but no one help...
So i need to change in the GUI the setting like the pdf and make the macros to enable?
post #686 of 710 Old 10-26-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Manni01
I have the Spyder5 Elite and make auto calibration, I import new bt2020 color profile and new gamma D for hdr.
I already ask for help in the JVC X5000 thread but no one help...
So i need to change in the GUI the setting like the pdf and make the macros to enable?
Sorry but it's a complex subject and I can't guide you through it. It's not advised to use gamma D on your model, it's flawed. The custom curves help to correct this, but creating them is a complex process that is off topic here.

I suggest the following:

1) You forget about custom curves and simply use the Integral to select the calibration (picture mode) according to content. In that case, simply select the correct calibration in the GUI, as per the PDF. You can also try to upload the sample curves attached in the ZIP, and decide which ones look best.
2) If the above isn't clear, or if you want to make the most of your projector, you either need to do a lot of research and learning, or you can hire a competent calibrator who knows these projectors and will set yours up for you.

Either way, I can't help any further, sorry. This is not a plug and play process, and my instructions are meant for advanced users.

I have not used custom curves for a long time now, as I'm using an rs2000 with madVR's dynamic tonemapping, so I can't even remember the details of all this.

post #687 of 710 Old 10-26-2019, 12:37 PM

@Manni01
Ok ty very much for your help!
I wiil learn about the custom curves to make the most of my projector, Until that I use the Macros like the pdf.
Manni01 likes this.
post #688 of 710 Old 10-27-2019, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 54
After having found the hereunder attached message from Claw (many thanks!) in the Vertex thread I finally also found the solution to my long existing problem, the problem was already described somewhere earlier in this thread and also in the Integral 1 thread (since I own and tried both Integrals).

I have an ATV 4K with video settings set to 4K SDR 4:4:4 with Range / Match set to ON, it's connected to an input on my Denon AVR-X4200W. One HDMI OUT unfortunately got fried some time ago and therefore I needed a splitter to connect 2 display devices (both 4K), one is an Optoma UHD51 capable of 4K60 600Mhz HDR BT2020 and a Sony XBR-75X940E TV capable of 4K60 600Mhz DV (LLDV actually).

Setting the Integral 2 on Automix gives me erratic results such as washed out colours and wrong blacks on the Optoma after having watched DV content on the Sony TV , with the latter switched off. The Integral was still dealing with DV instead of HDR. The other way around gave me strange behaviour as well. The 2 displays are never used at the same time.

Now, after freading Claw's message and setting a Custom EDID for each display, it works perfectly.
100% reproducible each time I switch sources or content (ATV, OPPO, TV Decoder) and with any display.

Custom EDID 5: SONY A1 LLDV V2 for all content including DV and HDR ===> SONY XBR-75X940E TV
Custom EDID 11: 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound for all content including HDR ===> OPTOMA UHD51(A) Projector

The question now is how to automate things through my Logitech Harmony whenever I choose to watch content on either display?

Both Custom EDID 5 and 11 are not listed in the commands, can I somehow add those? I only seem to have EDIDs 1, 14, 29 and 32 on my Logitech Harmony.

What steps should I take to get there?

If someone could help me with this, thanks a lot in advance!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Is this a newer LG 4K TV that supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG?

I had a JVC RS500 and LG B7A OLED connected to Vertex outputs.

If I wanted to output to both simultaneously, I configured the Vertex to Custom EDID 11 - 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound. This prevents a player from sending Dolby Vision which my JVC does not support.

If I wanted output to the JVC only, I leave it at the same EDID 11 and power off the LG.

If I wanted output to the LG only, I powered off the JVC and then switched to Custom EDID 2 - Custom Default (FULL + LG DV) so that players will output Dolby Vision.

I used Custom EDIDs because I found Automix would sometimes fail if I turned on my LG while my JVC was already displaying HDR10 content. Or turned on my JVC while my LG was already playing Dolby Vision content. The failure that sometimes occurred would be my JVC reporting either an Invalid Signal, a Pink screen that indicated it was receiving Dolby Vision, or a Black screen with horizontal static-like lines which meant I needed to restart the JVC; something I don't like to do.

Sony XBR-75X940E (75XE9405) | Sony XBR-55X9305E (55XE9305) | Sony VPL-HW55ES | Optoma UHD51 | OPPO UDP 203 + 103D | Denon X4200W + PMA-520AE (Atmos Front) | 2 x Apple TV 4K | 2 x JBL Northridge E80 - JBL Northridge E150P/230 - 2 x ELAC B5 - 4 x ELAC A4 - ELAC Uni-Fi UC5

Last edited by MBullen; 10-27-2019 at 05:43 AM.
post #689 of 710 Old 10-27-2019, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBullen View Post
After having found the hereunder attached message from Claw (many thanks!) in the Vertex thread I finally also found the solution to my long existing problem, the problem was already described somewhere earlier in this thread and also in the Integral 1 thread (since I own and tried both Integrals).

I have an ATV 4K with video settings set to 4K SDR 4:4:4 with Range / Match set to ON, it's connected to an input on my Denon AVR-X4200W. One HDMI OUT unfortunately got fried some time ago and therefore I needed a splitter to connect 2 display devices (both 4K), one is an Optoma UHD51 capable of 4K60 600Mhz HDR BT2020 and a Sony XBR-75X940E TV capable of 4K60 600Mhz DV (LLDV actually).

Setting the Integral 2 on Automix gives me erratic results such as washed out colours and wrong blacks on the Optoma after having watched DV content on the Sony TV , with the latter switched off. The Integral was still dealing with DV instead of HDR. The other way around gave me strange behaviour as well. The 2 displays are never used at the same time.

Now, after freading Claw's message and setting a Custom EDID for each display, it works perfectly.
100% reproducible each time I switch sources or content (ATV, OPPO, TV Decoder) and with any display.

Custom EDID 5: SONY A1 LLDV V2 for all content including DV and HDR ===> SONY XBR-75X940E TV
Custom EDID 11: 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound for all content including HDR ===> OPTOMA UHD51(A) Projector

The question now is how to automate things through my Logitech Harmony whenever I choose to watch content on either display?

Both Custom EDID 5 and 11 are not listed in the commands, can I somehow add those? I only seem to have EDIDs 1, 14, 29 and 32 on my Logitech Harmony.

What steps should I take to get there?

If someone could help me with this, thanks a lot in advance!

Mike

Hi Mike

I see at least 2 ways (3 ways in reality with automix) of doing what you want here:

1) You should be able to use MATRIX MODE and switch between SWAP and THRU mode to feed your AVR output to TV or PJ respectively.

2) You can also do it the way you plan to do it by adding IR codes to your Logitech harmony, for this, just refer to IR codes list in any firmware package, isolate the IR codes you want and send email to Logitech asking them to add to your account. (datasupport AT Logitech.com) they are good and quick at doing that.
MBullen likes this.

post #690 of 710 Old 10-27-2019, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Hi Mike

I see at least 2 ways (3 ways in reality with automix) of doing what you want here:

1) You should be able to use MATRIX MODE and switch between SWAP and THRU mode to feed your AVR output to TV or PJ respectively.

2) You can also do it the way you plan to do it by adding IR codes to your Logitech harmony, for this, just refer to IR codes list in any firmware package, isolate the IR codes you want and send email to Logitech asking them to add to your account. (datasupport AT Logitech.com) they are good and quick at doing that.
Hi HDfury,

Still bravely working on Sundays are you? Respect!

Thanks for your prompt return. I will have a look at the 2 options, Automix isn't working for me unfortunately.
Is there a way to overwrite any of the standard EDID's inside the Integral 2 table , especially the ones showing up in my Logitech Harmony, EDID 1, 14 , 29 and 32?

Trying to understand how your option 1 would work with Matrix Mode / SWAP and THRU.

Thanks again!

Mike

Sony XBR-75X940E (75XE9405) | Sony XBR-55X9305E (55XE9305) | Sony VPL-HW55ES | Optoma UHD51 | OPPO UDP 203 + 103D | Denon X4200W + PMA-520AE (Atmos Front) | 2 x Apple TV 4K | 2 x JBL Northridge E80 - JBL Northridge E150P/230 - 2 x ELAC B5 - 4 x ELAC A4 - ELAC Uni-Fi UC5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page