HDFury Integral 2 - Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 74Likes

post #61 of 794 Old 11-12-2018, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
I would like to but these days they don’t allow me to anymore. I used to be able to. They can do a simple JoeRod home theater google and it comes right up.

Here it is

http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1541991910701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Verhoegstraete View Post
Any further news about the new app for Android, guys?
Coming soon, final release APK have been submitted for approval
joerod likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 794 Old 11-12-2018, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillywickle View Post
First, thanks for detailed information both in this thread and instruction manual. I am interested in purchasing one of these for my current setup. However, before doing so, I would like to confirm that the Integral 2 will indeed work in my situation. My proposed set-up would be: 2 PCs (recent nVidia cards) --> HD Integral 2 --> Recent 4K TV (Video) + Older AV Receiver (pre-Atmos / DTS:X) (Audio)

1. In addition to 4K 60 FPS, my TV also supports 1080p 120 fps and 1440p 120 fps. Is the Integral 2 able to pass all of those higher rame rates at the listed resolution?
  2. I have 2 sources (PCs with recent nVidia cards). Can the Integral 2 receive both as sources simultaneously?
  3. Per 2, can the Integral 2 be set to switch between which source to output to the TV without having to unplug and replug sources in?
  4. Per 2, can the Integral 2 output video from either of the 2 plugged-in sources to the TV with the full feature set supported by the TV?
  5. Per 2, can the Integral 2 output audio from either of the 2 plugged-in sources to the AV Receiver with the full feature set supported by the receiver?
Thanks in advance for your reply!
1. Yes, just I'm not sure what you mean by "at the listed resolution" if you mean can device pass such signal and do scaling on them, then answer is NO, passthru is OK but no scaling if it's not UHD or FHD. (Any signal up to 600MHz can passthru, [email protected] is about 450-500MHz, so no problem)
2. Yes in Matrix mode you can process 2 18Gbps signal simultaneously if that is your question.
3. Yes of course, you can switch between sources AUTOMATICALLY or MANUALLY using push button, IR, RS232, Windows GUI, Android/iOS APP (with Goblue), etc..
4. Yes, but question is not very clear.
5. Yes, but question is not very clear.

For 4&5, just keep in mind that you can pass thru 4K60 or 4K24 or any 4K or UHD resolution and have secondary output at 1080p/FHD for older AVR, that works perfectly.
However, this work for FHD and UHD or 2K and 4K, if you send 1440p120 from source to display, then you cannot have downscaled output to feed older AVR

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #63 of 794 Old 11-13-2018, 04:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions! Sorry for the lack of clarity; your answers were still spot-on.

[QUOTE=HDfury;57096044...if you send 1440p120 from source to display, then you cannot have downscaled output to feed older AVR[/QUOTE]I only plan on using the AVR to process sound. Does this mean that if the source outputs 1400p120, the HD Integral 2 would be unable to output sound to the AVR? Or were you referring to downscaled video only?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 794 Old 11-13-2018, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions! Sorry for the lack of clarity; your answers were still spot-on.

I only plan on using the AVR to process sound. Does this mean that if the source outputs 1400p120, the HD Integral 2 would be unable to output sound to the AVR? Or were you referring to downscaled video only?
If the AVR supports 1440p120 then it will work, otherwise it cannot work and secondary signal output going to AVR would need to be downscaled for AVR to accept it.
May be AVR-key is better for you as it doesn't care about the incoming signal resolution, video pass thru and sound is extracted and forwarded at 720p or 1080p self generated stream to any AVR.
Upcoming Maestro Central can do it too (and without AVRkey limitation on 600MHz signal)

post #65 of 794 Old 11-13-2018, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
May be AVR-key is better for you as it doesn't care about the incoming signal resolution, video pass thru and sound is extracted and forwarded at 720p or 1080p self generated stream to any AVR....
This might very well be the case, then. The only problem with the AVR Key (according to what I have read) is that it shuts down if it is in use for too many consecutive hours. Is this still an issue with the AVR Key?
post #66 of 794 Old 11-13-2018, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This might very well be the case, then. The only problem with the AVR Key (according to what I have read) is that it shuts down if it is in use for too many consecutive hours. Is this still an issue with the AVR Key?
Small dropout in audio after a couple of hours of use at 600MHz correct, but here your signal is not 600MHz, so I think it will work fine for you.
If not, you have the option to use upcoming Maestro central who doesn't have such limitation, but of course, it's not the same price.

post #67 of 794 Old 11-14-2018, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does this model (Integral 2) solve the issue with HDMI +5V power than exists on the Vertex? (I know it's not a problem, but the issue is that a lot of cables draw more power than allows by typical HDMI standards)

I can't get my Ruipro Fiber working with the Vertex even with upgraded USB power supply and/or HDMI +5V injectors.

I'm pretty sure I read that a future revision of the Vertex would solve this issue so has this been solved for the Integral 2?
post #68 of 794 Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Does this model (Integral 2) solve the issue with HDMI +5V power than exists on the Vertex? (I know it's not a problem, but the issue is that a lot of cables draw more power than allows by typical HDMI standards)

I can't get my Ruipro Fiber working with the Vertex even with upgraded USB power supply and/or HDMI +5V injectors.

I'm pretty sure I read that a future revision of the Vertex would solve this issue so has this been solved for the Integral 2?
Yes, both Integral2 and current Vertex are using PCB version 2 which was updated for this purpose and to add analog audio output options (volume, bass, treble control)

Please note that if using stronger PSU and/or HDMI +5V injectors didn't help, it seems to indicate that the issue is with the cable and it's connector end rather than anything else.

post #69 of 794 Old 11-15-2018, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 56
HDFury,

I have a linker, but am considering a Vertex or Integral 2. As you may recall, like SlyDoggie, am trying to drive a Sony 1100ES with a Panasonic 820. I have a linker in the chain to allow either SDR BT2020 or Rec 709-based 4k content to reach the Sony. The Sony will display 4K content, but only supports DCI and Rec 709 color spaces. I really can't get the image to look as good as scaled HD blue ray content looks. The contrast, color, and brightness seems diminished. Will the Vertex and/or Integral convert from the BT2020 color space to the DCI-P3 color space? I'd like to give this a try. I looked at the manual, but the scaling details didn't seem to have a setting for the DCI output, but the AVS Forum review indicated that it might. Thanks for your help.

Ben
post #70 of 794 Old 11-16-2018, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Withrow View Post
HDFury,

I have a linker, but am considering a Vertex or Integral 2. As you may recall, like SlyDoggie, am trying to drive a Sony 1100ES with a Panasonic 820. I have a linker in the chain to allow either SDR BT2020 or Rec 709-based 4k content to reach the Sony. The Sony will display 4K content, but only supports DCI and Rec 709 color spaces. I really can't get the image to look as good as scaled HD blue ray content looks. The contrast, color, and brightness seems diminished. Will the Vertex and/or Integral convert from the BT2020 color space to the DCI-P3 color space? I'd like to give this a try. I looked at the manual, but the scaling details didn't seem to have a setting for the DCI output, but the AVS Forum review indicated that it might. Thanks for your help.

I'm still struggling with the "Scaler" options on the Integral 2 with the situation Ben describes above. I have read and reread the "Scaler" section of the documentation but am a bit of a novice when it comes to this color space and deep color "stuff".

Given that I'm trying to accomplish the same thing (Optomizing the capabilities of the Panasonic 820 Blu-ray and the Sonly 1100 PJ) and that the Sony 1100 PJ only supports 8Bit 420 in 4K60p mode (and does not have HDR capability), here are my questions:

1) Much of the 4K movie content is in 24P mode and there isn't a separate setting for that. Does the 4K30P option apply to 24P as well? I don't believe the 1100 has any color depth or bitrate issues for 30p or 24p content. It is only the 60P which has the 8-bit 420 limit.

2) The Panasonic 820 4KBlu-Ray player has excellent UHD HDR to SDR conversion capability. For the 4 Scaler Options 4K60P, 4K30P, 1080P60, and 1080P30, what should the Color Space and Deep Color options be set to?

3) Based on the above, I assume that the deep color settings on the source device would need to coordinate with the settings in the Integral 2.

Regards, Steve
Projector/Receiver - Sony VPL-VW1100ES 4K PJ & Sony STR-ZA5000ES 4K Atmos AVR
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Screen - 145" Dragonfly, 1.2 Gain, 16:9, Matte White Fixed Screen
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
post #71 of 794 Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
I'm still struggling with the "Scaler" options on the Integral 2 with the situation Ben describes above. I have read and reread the "Scaler" section of the documentation but am a bit of a novice when it comes to this color space and deep color "stuff".
Given that I'm trying to accomplish the same thing (Optomizing the capabilities of the Panasonic 820 Blu-ray and the Sonly 1100 PJ) and that the Sony 1100 PJ only supports 8Bit 420 in 4K60p mode (and does not have HDR capability), here are my questions:

1) Much of the 4K movie content is in 24P mode and there isn't a separate setting for that. Does the 4K30P option apply to 24P as well? I don't believe the 1100 has any color depth or bitrate issues for 30p or 24p content. It is only the 60P which has the 8-bit 420 limit

2) The Panasonic 820 4KBlu-Ray player has excellent UHD HDR to SDR conversion capability. For the 4 Scaler Options 4K60P, 4K30P, 1080P60, and 1080P30, what should the Color Space and Deep Color options be set to?

3) Based on the above, I assume that the deep color settings on the source device would need to coordinate with the settings in the Integral 2.

Please read vertex thread, all questions answered many times

1) 4K30 is anything below as well including 4K23/24/25/etc... 4K60 is anything below including 4K50
2) Don't use CUSTOM SCALING, only use AUTOSCALING with available presets. so you decide if you want all 4K60 above 4K60 4:2:0 8b to be rendered at 4K60 4:2:0 8b or downscaled at 1080p deep color.
3) Not really, you can have 8b at source and 12b at Vertex output, it won't do any issue, just in some case you can exceed TV bandwidth, the reverse case is not the same, 12b at source and 8b at Vertex output will have visual impact, so just use AUTOSCALING and PRESETS.

post #72 of 794 Old 11-16-2018, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HDFury,

May be reviewer mixed it up with metadata DCI, not sure.
However, Vertex or Integral2 does NOT convert to DCI
Only bt2020 <> 709 <> 601

post #73 of 794 Old 11-17-2018, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Please read vertex thread, all questions answered many times

1) 4K30 is anything below as well including 4K23/24/25/etc... 4K60 is anything below including 4K50
2) Don't use CUSTOM SCALING, only use AUTOSCALING with available presets. so you decide if you want all 4K60 above 4K60 4:2:0 8b to be rendered at 4K60 4:2:0 8b or downscaled at 1080p deep color.
3) Not really, you can have 8b at source and 12b at Vertex output, it won't do any issue, just in some case you can exceed TV bandwidth, the reverse case is not the same, 12b at source and 8b at Vertex output will have visual impact, so just use AUTOSCALING and PRESETS.

I have read every post on the Vertex thread but it has been a couple of months since I did that and I am keeping current on the Vertex thread as well as this thread which I started... It's a lot to digest.

I have switched to the AUTOSCALING and will perform some additional testing.

Regards, Steve
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
post #74 of 794 Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

I now have my UHD discs passing BT2020 output so that I can use the DCI/P3 setting on my projector but I'm still having the "flicker" problem with 3D Blu-ray discs (on both of my 4K Blu-ray players). It is as though it looses sync and mostly happens on scene changes. One piece of new news is that 3D works fine while I have the Integral 2 USB cable connected to my laptop and using the app on my laptop to view and change the settings but, when I disconnect the USB cable from the laptop and move it back to the Integral 2 power supply and it goes through the HDMI handshake, the 3D is once again flickering. It isn't a constant flicker but is totally random ranging from a couple of seconds to several seconds apart.

At one point you told me to "Read TV (Top) EDID" and when I do that the Hex numbers in the box change but is there something I need to do to "commit" this to the Integral 2? It seems that when I first plug the Integral 2 into the laptop and fire up the app, the HEX numbers are different until I press the "Read TV (Top) EDID" button again. Just want to make sure I'm doing that part correctly. On the EDID Manager screen it is correctly showing my PJ capabilities in the "TX1" information on the far right.

Ive attached the config file as well as screen shots of the EDID Manager and Scaler pages in the app. As you can see from those, I'm using V2.33 of the GUI App and am using the release level version of the Integral 2 Software.

My equipment is listed in my signature and, so you don't have to go back to my other posts, here is my setup:

Source Device (there are multiple of these feeding into separate HDMI inputs on the AVR) --> AVR --> 18Gbps 30' Long Cable to Ceiling Mounted Projector Location --> Integral 2 --> 6' Cable to Projector... I will only have a single device (AVR) in and a single device (Projector) out.

My projector isn't DV or HDR capable and, although it supports 4K 60FPS, it only supports 8bit 4:2:0 in 60FPS mode. The Sony 1100 PJ also doesn't support BT2020 but it does support DCI/P3 and Rec709. Forcing UHD discs to present BT2020 so I can use the DCI/P3 setting on the PJ is the main reason I purchased the Integral 2.

Sorry if some of this is a repeat but it is scattered among multiple of my previous posts so I wanted to provide a single location for all the pertinent information. If there is anything else needed, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SLYDoggie Scaler.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2484406   Click image for larger version

Name:	SLYDoggie EDID Manager.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	2484408  
Attached Files
File Type: txt SLYDoggie Integral 2 3D Flicker Settings.txt (7.1 KB, 20 views)

Regards, Steve
post #75 of 794 Old 11-19-2018, 03:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Any chance of a Black Friday deal guys?
post #76 of 794 Old 11-19-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
This feature would be very helpful for at least a decent sized group of 4K sony projector owners. Any chance this feature could be added? I'm willing to beg and pay a premium
svpdog likes this.

Ben
post #77 of 794 Old 11-19-2018, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
This feature would be very helpful for at least a decent sized group of 4K sony projector owners. Any chance this feature could be added? I'm willing to beg and pay a premium

Like Ben, I'd also love to see DCI be a direct option. Not sure if there are any TVs or other projector brands which would benefit from this setting but it sure would help some pre-BT2020 capable Sony projectors.

Regards, Steve
post #78 of 794 Old 11-20-2018, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thumbs up The struggle 's over

Hi guys,

I'm new around here but a Dutch cinema magazine referred to this thread for finding a solution .
Set up- is xbox x- intergral 2 - ysp 5600 - Lg E6 . Before i was using an Egreat media splitter to get Atmos from the xbox. That worked 'sometimes' most of times there was no sound or picture so clearly a handshake issue. So ordering the intergral 2 made it looks easy for making everthing working. I'm not that technical but looking forward to using the app and making the first steps into an astonishing world. Great job and a fantastic piece of gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hd fury.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	2485178  
HDfury likes this.
post #79 of 794 Old 11-21-2018, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I now have my UHD discs passing BT2020 output so that I can use the DCI/P3 setting on my projector but I'm still having the "flicker" problem with 3D Blu-ray discs (on both of my 4K Blu-ray players). It is as though it looses sync and mostly happens on scene changes. One piece of new news is that 3D works fine while I have the Integral 2 USB cable connected to my laptop and using the app on my laptop to view and change the settings but, when I disconnect the USB cable from the laptop and move it back to the Integral 2 power supply and it goes through the HDMI handshake, the 3D is once again flickering. It isn't a constant flicker but is totally random ranging from a couple of seconds to several seconds apart.

At one point you told me to "Read TV (Top) EDID" and when I do that the Hex numbers in the box change but is there something I need to do to "commit" this to the Integral 2? It seems that when I first plug the Integral 2 into the laptop and fire up the app, the HEX numbers are different until I press the "Read TV (Top) EDID" button again. Just want to make sure I'm doing that part correctly. On the EDID Manager screen it is correctly showing my PJ capabilities in the "TX1" information on the far right.

Ive attached the config file as well as screen shots of the EDID Manager and Scaler pages in the app. As you can see from those, I'm using V2.33 of the GUI App and am using the release level version of the Integral 2 Software.

My equipment is listed in my signature and, so you don't have to go back to my other posts, here is my setup:

Source Device (there are multiple of these feeding into separate HDMI inputs on the AVR) --> AVR --> 18Gbps 30' Long Cable to Ceiling Mounted Projector Location --> Integral 2 --> 6' Cable to Projector... I will only have a single device (AVR) in and a single device (Projector) out.

My projector isn't DV or HDR capable and, although it supports 4K 60FPS, it only supports 8bit 4:2:0 in 60FPS mode. The Sony 1100 PJ also doesn't support BT2020 but it does support DCI/P3 and Rec709. Forcing UHD discs to present BT2020 so I can use the DCI/P3 setting on the PJ is the main reason I purchased the Integral 2.

Sorry if some of this is a repeat but it is scattered among multiple of my previous posts so I wanted to provide a single location for all the pertinent information. If there is anything else needed, please let me know.

From what you just wrote, it sounds like a power supply issue, see if you have any 5V2A mobile or tablet device available for testing it. If it works, then it means the supplied wall plug adapter is defective.

Regarding EDID read, there is always a few ways to do a same action, for ex: You can use the edid mode called "COPY TOP SINK" followed by "READ RX EDID" and "SAVE TO FILE" to save a connected SINK edid at top output.
But you can also use "READ TV TOP EDID" followed by save to file, to save a connected SINK edid at top output.

Those are ex to read and save edid to a file, now if you just want/need to use sink edid as main edid you can simply use "copy top sink" mode or "copy bot sink" mode.

If you want/need to read an automix created edid or turn a "copy bot sink" or "copy top sink" edid into a custom slot.
Best is to save it using "Save to File" (once you had read TV or RX edid, or used copy top/bot or automix mode) and then you have to go in custom EDID mode, select one of the first 10 banks. Using "Load from File" select the previously saved edid and then click UPLOAD EDID.

Quote:
Will see to get you a coupon for avs members by tomorrow.

post #80 of 794 Old 11-21-2018, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Like Ben, I'd also love to see DCI be a direct option. Not sure if there are any TVs or other projector brands which would benefit from this setting but it sure would help some pre-BT2020 capable Sony projectors.
May be the cheapest option to do it is Oppo203 (if it does it at all), otherwise LRP should do it.
I can ask devs again about it but as I recall so far, they were pretty affirmative on that statement.

post #81 of 794 Old 11-21-2018, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
From what you just wrote, it sounds like a power supply issue, see if you have any 5V2A mobile or tablet device available for testing it. If it works, then it means the supplied wall plug adapter is defective.

Regarding EDID read, there is always a few ways to do a same action, for ex: You can use the edid mode called "COPY TOP SINK" followed by "READ RX EDID" and "SAVE TO FILE" to save a connected SINK edid at top output.
But you can also use "READ TV TOP EDID" followed by save to file, to save a connected SINK edid at top output.

Those are ex to read and save edid to a file, now if you just want/need to use sink edid as main edid you can simply use "copy top sink" mode or "copy bot sink" mode.

If you want/need to read an automix created edid or turn a "copy bot sink" or "copy top sink" edid into a custom slot.
Best is to save it using "Save to File" (once you had read TV or RX edid, or used copy top/bot or automix mode) and then you have to go in custom EDID mode, select one of the first 10 banks. Using "Load from File" select the previously saved edid and then click UPLOAD EDID.

You were correct on the 3D flicker. I tried using both of the USB connections on the supplied HDFury power adapter and I have the flicker when watching 3D movies. I tried my Samsung Phone Charger which has a 2A output and the flicker went away. I will go to the HDFury site and request a replacement.

On the other EDID information, I will do some additional testing but it makes sense.

Regards, Steve
post #82 of 794 Old 11-21-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
May be the cheapest option to do it is Oppo203 (if it does it at all), otherwise LRP should do it.
I can ask devs again about it but as I recall so far, they were pretty affirmative on that statement.
What does LRP stand for? Also, make sure that you say please on the BT2020 to DCI request.

Ben
post #83 of 794 Old 11-23-2018, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What does LRP stand for? Also, make sure that you say please on the BT2020 to DCI request.
LRP = Lumagen Radiance Pro

post #84 of 794 Old 11-23-2018, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

For AVS members who read the forum, use coupon code: CYBERMONDAY
It will give you 15% discount until 28 November.
gsr likes this.

post #85 of 794 Old 11-23-2018, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 63
IR Codes for HDRCustomON/Off

I have been trying to program a Harmony Remote to send the IR code for an Integral 2 to turn ON or OFF "Enable Custom HDR".

I bought an Integral 2 for my brother to interface between his Oppo UDP-203/Dune HD Pro 4K Player on the INPUT ports and his LG 55EF9500 OLED Display/Pioneer VSX80 Receiver on the OUTPUT ports. The Integral 2 is set to a Custom EDID (4K60-444 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound), with a forced switching of the sources as either device is turned on. The display and receiver work fine with the setup most of the time, but the output from the Integral 2 does not reliably trigger HDR on the LG Display with a 4K HDR source. I sometimes have to restart the 4K HDR movie a few times to trigger on the HDR on the LG Display. And I have not figured out why this is occurring.

As a work around I tried checking the Enable Custom HDR box on the USB GUI for Windows PC - the LG Display's HDR did then turn on and off reliably. If I toggle the Enable Custom HDR on and off, then play a 4K HDR movie from the Oppo or Dune Player, the LG Display's HDR will also correctly turn on.

So as a temporary solution I decided to program a Harmony remote to send the IR Codes HDRCustomOn and HDRCustomOff in order to toggle the LG Display's HDR when ever HDR playback of a 4K HDR movie fails. The Harmony Database does not have the IR Codes for the Integral 2 yet, but I noticed that the Pronto Codes for HDRCustomOn and HDRCustomOff for the Integral 2 are the same as the Pronto codes for the Vertex. So I added those two commands from the Harmony Vertex IR Repository to my Harmony Remote, but they did not work (there was no response from the Integral 2).

What am I doing wrong? Can I now assume that the Integral 2 IR Codes are actually different from the Vertex Codes? Have you ever heard of the output from a Integral 2 not reliably turning on a display's HDR?

LG OLED65G6P Display
Denon AVR-X8500H
13.1 Speaker setup with mostly KEF Speakers

Last edited by ppoulos; 11-23-2018 at 10:30 AM.
post #86 of 794 Old 11-23-2018, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoulos View Post
I have been trying to program a Harmony Remote to send the IR code for an Integral 2 to turn ON or OFF "Enable Custom HDR".

I bought an Integral 2 for my brother to interface between his Oppo UDP-203/Dune HD Pro 4K Player on the INPUT ports and his LG 55EF9500 OLED Display/Pioneer VSX80 Receiver on the OUTPUT ports. The Integral 2 is set to a Custom EDID (4K60-444 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound), with a forced switching of the sources as either device is turned on. The display and receiver work fine with the setup most of the time, but the output from the Integral 2 does not reliably trigger HDR on the LG Display with a 4K HDR source. I sometimes have to restart the 4K HDR movie a few times to trigger on the HDR on the LG Display. And I have not figured out why this is occurring.

As a work around I tried checking the Enable Custom HDR box on the USB GUI for Windows PC - the LG Display's HDR did then turn on and off reliably. If I toggle the Enable Custom HDR on and off, then play a 4K HDR movie from the Oppo or Dune Player, the LG Display's HDR will also correctly turn on.

So as a temporary solution I decided to program a Harmony remote to send the IR Codes HDRCustomOn and HDRCustomOff in order to toggle the LG Display's HDR when ever HDR playback of a 4K HDR movie fails. The Harmony Database does not have the IR Codes for the Integral 2 yet, but I noticed that the Pronto Codes for HDRCustomOn and HDRCustomOff for the Integral 2 are the same as the Pronto codes for the Vertex. So I added those two commands from the Harmony Vertex IR Repository to my Harmony Remote, but they did not work (there was no response from the Integral 2).

What am I doing wrong? Can I now assume that the Integral 2 IR Codes are actually different from the Vertex Codes? Have you ever heard of the output from a Integral 2 not reliably turning on a display's HDR?

Wow ok, some bullets points to make it faster:

- Harmony have recently confirmed a few days ago that they added Integral2 to their DB
- Your best bet is to send an updated Integral2 Harmony IR code list to Harmony support and they will add it to your account.
- I don't understand why you take Vertex IR code to control Integral2, just download Integral2 FW package and take Integral2 IR codes.
- IR codes between Integral2 and Vertex may look the same but they are NOT the same, there is slight difference so a customer having both devices won't pilot both at the same time when he try to control one only.
- There is no such thing as "output from an Integral2 not reliably turning on display HDR", if I got you right, your issue is only with one source, others sources are ok ? so the issue comes from that source more likely, this is super easy to determine with Vertex or Integral2 since you see incoming HDR metadata in real time. Simply export your config (usermanual p43) when you have this issue and post it as attachment.

post #87 of 794 Old 11-23-2018, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Now That's Customer Service!!!

Quote:
You were correct on the 3D flicker. I tried using both of the USB connections on the supplied HDFury power adapter and I have the flicker when watching 3D movies. I tried my Samsung Phone Charger which has a 2A output and the flicker went away. I will go to the HDFury site and request a replacement.

On the other EDID information, I will do some additional testing but it makes sense.
I have to say that I'm impressed with the customer service level of HDFury! Not only do they do a great job of supporting AVSForum for all their products but their response to my warranty replacement of the power block was nothing short of amazing...

Here is the timeline (all the times are in my time zone):
  • Wednesday 11/21 @ 1:16PM - Sent an email to HDFury requesting warranty replacement of the Integral 2 Power Block
  • Thursday 11/22 (Thanksgiving Day in the US) @ 7:44 AM - Received email from HDFury notifying me that the replacement was being shipped from Taipei, Taiwan
  • Thursday 11/22 (Still Thanksgiving Day in the US) @ 11:12 AM - Received email from DHL Express with tracking information
  • Friday 11/23 @12:44 PM - DHL Express delivered the item to my door.
In less than 48 hours I received the replacement Power Block from Taiwan to the US... I wouldn't have thought it possible

Thanks HDFury
gsr, JGrana and HDfury like this.

Regards, Steve
post #88 of 794 Old 11-23-2018, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Wow ok, some bullets points to make it faster:

- Harmony have recently confirmed a few days ago that they added Integral2 to their DB
- Your best bet is to send an updated Integral2 Harmony IR code list to Harmony support and they will add it to your account.
- I don't understand why you take Vertex IR code to control Integral2, just download Integral2 FW package and take Integral2 IR codes.
- IR codes between Integral2 and Vertex may look the same but they are NOT the same, there is slight difference so a customer having both devices won't pilot both at the same time when he try to control one only.
- There is no such thing as "output from an Integral2 not reliably turning on display HDR", if I got you right, your issue is only with one source, others sources are ok ? so the issue comes from that source more likely, this is super easy to determine with Vertex or Integral2 since you see incoming HDR metadata in real time. Simply export your config (usermanual p43) when you have this issue and post it as attachment.
Thanks for the reply. As of this afternoon the Harmony DB did not contain the Integral 2 codes. I tried the Vertex codes to see if it would work - but as you pointed out (and I suspected) the codes are not the same. Once the Integral 2 AV Switcher device appears on the Harmony DB I will switch the codes.

And you are right - I am only having problems with the output from the Dune HD Pro 4K, not the Oppo Blu-ray player. This Dune Player was just released a few months ago and its immature firmware needs updating to fix all of the bugs in it. I was also just trying to confirm that the HDRCustomOn and HDRCustomOff commands were the correct IR commands to manually turn on HDR on the LG Display as needed.

Thanks for your help.

LG OLED65G6P Display
Denon AVR-X8500H
13.1 Speaker setup with mostly KEF Speakers

Last edited by ppoulos; 11-24-2018 at 06:57 AM.
post #89 of 794 Old 11-24-2018, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
@HDfury does this also apply to the .eu store http://hdfury.eu/

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
post #90 of 794 Old 11-24-2018, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoulos View Post
Thanks for the reply. As of this afternoon the Harmony DB did not contain the Integral 2 codes. I tried the Vertex codes to see if it would work - but as you pointed out (and I suspected) the codes are not the same. Once the Integral 2 AV Switcher device appears on the Harmony DB I will switch the codes.

And you are right - I am only having problems with the output from the Dune HD Pro 4K, not the Oppo Blu-ray player. This Dune Player was just released a few months ago and its immature firmware needs updating to fix all of the bugs in it. I was also just trying to confirm that the HDRCustomOn and HDRCustomOff commands were the correct IR commands to manually turn on HDR on the LG Display as needed.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, yes, Harmony DB can be tricky but it's there, I checked it. if you go there: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility
And enter exactly the following:

Manufacturer: HDFury
Model Number: Integral 2

You will see it's supported and available.
If you change anything like "integral 2" or "Integral2" instead of "Integral 2", then it won't find anything, so upper or lower case is important, spacing is important, etc...

Yes, CustomHDR ON/OFF will force your display in and out of its HDR mode. so it will fix the issue with Dune pro player, but that's temp fix until THEY fix their issues, or until you can export the config when trying and having the problem and then we can tell you what is the problem and where it comes from. ofc, I suspect it's either EOTF issue or wrong checksum or no metadata at all (or invalid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
@HDfury does this also apply to the .eu store http://hdfury.eu/
No, that is a reseller website only.

Official is HDfury.com.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-24-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page