HDFury Maestro HDBaseT owner's thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 172Likes

post #361 of 386 Old 11-02-2019, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No if it's not cache issue, then you just did not update correctly, so just update till it reboot and show 0.43, you cannot be sole in the world with such issue and make sure your AVR is not connected till you are on 0.43
Not sure how I didn't update correctly - I've tried it at least 5 or 6 times. I'll try another 5 times and then I'm calling it, this is getting frustrating. You also said these units couldn't be bricked and yet that's exactly what happened

Last edited by sthompson; 11-02-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 386 Old 11-02-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
No if it's not cache issue, then you just did not update correctly, so just update till it reboot and show 0.43, you cannot be sole in the world with such issue and make sure your AVR is not connected till you are on 0.43
Tried five times with .43. Also tried .41 and .42 to see if that would work. Still nothing - stuck on .40. Nothing is connected to the unit.

Are there debug logs for this unit to help diagnose what's going on?

At this point can you just send me out one with the latest firmware already flashed - this is getting silly.

Thanks
post #363 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 610 Post(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompson View Post
Tried five times with .43. Also tried .41 and .42 to see if that would work. Still nothing - stuck on .40. Nothing is connected to the unit.

Are there debug logs for this unit to help diagnose what's going on?

At this point can you just send me out one with the latest firmware already flashed - this is getting silly.

Thanks
Yes another one will go tomorrow, but if you cannot update currently I think it's something else.

Which browser are you using when you try to update and did you try another ? are you able to HARD RESET the unit ? does that work normally, for ex: set special EDID mode or anything in particular, HARD RESET, then verify if your settings revert back to defaults noram ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yes another one will go tomorrow, but if you cannot update currently I think it's something else.

Which browser are you using when you try to update and did you try another ? are you able to HARD RESET the unit ? does that work normally, for ex: set special EDID mode or anything in particular, HARD RESET, then verify if your settings revert back to defaults noram ?

Tried multiple browsers - Firefox/Chrome.

A hard reset on the unit worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #365 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 10:16 AM

I'd like to understand, if possible, the various issues that both failed units had after you get them back.

post #366 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Tried multiple browsers - Firefox/Chrome.

A hard reset on the unit worked.

And you tried those browsers on a computer on the same network or another device ? is it on same network via LAN or WIFI ?
If HARD RESET worked, are you still not able to update to FW0.43 after that ?

Quote:
I'd like to understand, if possible, the various issues that both failed units had after you get them back.

I think the only thing is that it needs to be on FW0.43 before connecting Marantz AV8805 at its output. But sure, i'll let you know if something else is found.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #367 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
And you tried those browsers on a computer on the same network or another device ? is it on same network via LAN or WIFI ?
If HARD RESET worked, are you still not able to update to FW0.43 after that ?

I think the only thing is that it needs to be on FW0.43 before connecting Marantz AV8805 at its output. But sure, i'll let you know if something else is found.

Computer is on the same network via LAN. The TX unit was fine updating, other RX units were fine updating, just not this one.

I'm surprised that there isn't a diagnostic log of some sort that can be captured to gain insight when issues arise.

If the only thing I had to go on was essentially try it again for my customers on the software I write, it'd be a nightmare.

post #368 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 02:03 PM
KSP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Computer is on the same network via LAN. The TX unit was fine updating, other RX units were fine updating, just not this one.
Did you try a different CAT6/CAT7 cable between the TX and RX units or swapping them around since it sounds like you have multiples? Hopefully just a flaky cable, but maybe the problem is actually with the TX unit's HDBaseT output?
post #369 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP View Post
Did you try a different CAT6/CAT7 cable between the TX and RX units or swapping them around since it sounds like you have multiples? Hopefully just a flaky cable, but maybe the problem is actually with the TX unit's HDBaseT output?
Tried various CAT6 cables hooked directly from the RX to the TX unit. The TX unit seems to be fine - it's always the RX unit.

Right now the RX unit is acting as it should - it just won't update. The first RX unit crapped out after several weeks of use. This apparently is due to the AV8805 it was hooked to but I don't have any more details then that.

One thing that surprised me was how hot the RX unit would get. Whether that's normal or a side effect of it being hooked to the AV8805 and the issues it was causing I'm not sure. I just know heat is not good for electronics in general.
post #370 of 386 Old 11-03-2019, 03:03 PM
KSP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Tried various CAT6 cables hooked directly from the RX to the TX unit. The TX unit seems to be fine - it's always the RX unit.

Right now the RX unit is acting as it should - it just won't update. The first RX unit crapped out after several weeks of use. This apparently is due to the AV8805 it was hooked to but I don't have any more details then that.

One thing that surprised me was how hot the RX unit would get. Whether that's normal or a side effect of it being hooked to the AV8805 and the issues it was causing I'm not sure. I just know heat is not good for electronics in general.
My RX does run a little warm too. I just checked it with a IR thermometer and it was at 108F. I might put a fan on it to keep it running cooler.

The issues I've seen with the RX unit are that I always need to power cycle it by pulling the HDBaseT cable after updating the firmware, or even just rebooting it through the GUI, for it to be network accessible again. And after the RX is on for about 10 days or so I start getting random dropouts on the TX unit's TX0 output. The last 2 times this happened rebooting just the TX unit alone did not fix things, but unplugging/re-plugging the RX unit did. I just updated to the latest firmware yesterday, so we'll see if and when it happens again.
post #371 of 386 Old 11-08-2019, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I still don't get the setup description if you have further question, please try to describe it as asked. thanx.

To join discord support server, just follow 24/7 support link on website > support section.

Dear Support,

Can you please send me the special image for the latest FW Version? I still have sometimes the problem with my NAD M17V2....

Thanks
S.
post #372 of 386 Old 11-08-2019, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardos View Post
Dear Support,

Can you please send me the special image for the latest FW Version? I still have sometimes the problem with my NAD M17V2....

Thanks
S.
See PM

For NAD, if you have it at Audio Out and sometimes have no sound and then if you unplug and replug HDMI cable you have sound again, then this issue is investigated at the moment.
It can happen on older AVR that have older sync way, we are making routines for that atm.
if it's something else, please try to describe correctly the setup.

post #373 of 386 Old 11-08-2019, 06:35 PM

So I just received the 3rd replacement unit and it came to me damaged - just my luck. As the other one is still working but won't update, I'll wait for a new unit to be shipped out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0651.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	823.8 KB
ID:	2638416  

Last edited by sthompson; 11-08-2019 at 06:39 PM.
post #374 of 386 Old 11-09-2019, 08:20 AM

Dear Support,

Thanks for the special FW and the information that you are working on a fix for the HDMI AVR sync issues. Please note the NAD M17V2 is a new receiver but it has a bad HDMI implementation like all the high-end brands

I have 2 setups with different problems each:

1.) NAD as Source switcher and Maestro TX between AVR and Projector:

(HTPC / FireTV / VU+ UNO)-->NAD M17V2-->TX-->RX-->Sony VW760

Here I get sometimes sync issues with 4k/60p RGB 8bit (600Mhz) and 4k/25p RGB 12bit (445Mhz) content from my HTPC (Nvidia GTX2070). If this happens then the projector output a green image or nothing. Funny thing is that if it works, then I can watch all the content without any problems

2.) Bypass NAD and use AUDIO OUT only:

(HTPC / FireTV / VU+ UNO)-->TX-->RX-->Sony VW760 (using AUDIO OUT towards NAD M17V2)

With this setup, I have no issues with Video, only with AUDIO OUT. After a while, DD+ content from FireTV or HTCP will not sync with my NAD. When I reboot the Maestro, then the issue is fixed.

Hopes this clarifies my setup. My preferred solution would be to fix the NAD HDMI issues. If it helps, I have as well Dr. HDMI 4k, but not connected anywhere.

Cheers
Fatos
post #375 of 386 Old 11-09-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dear Support,

Thanks for the special FW and the information that you are working on a fix for the HDMI AVR sync issues. Please note the NAD M17V2 is a new receiver but it has a bad HDMI implementation like all the high-end brands

I have 2 setups with different problems each:

1.) NAD as Source switcher and Maestro TX between AVR and Projector:

(HTPC / FireTV / VU+ UNO)-->NAD M17V2-->TX-->RX-->Sony VW760

Here I get sometimes sync issues with 4k/60p RGB 8bit (600Mhz) and 4k/25p RGB 12bit (445Mhz) content from my HTPC (Nvidia GTX2070). If this happens then the projector output a green image or nothing. Funny thing is that if it works, then I can watch all the content without any problems

2.) Bypass NAD and use AUDIO OUT only:

(HTPC / FireTV / VU+ UNO)-->TX-->RX-->Sony VW760 (using AUDIO OUT towards NAD M17V2)

With this setup, I have no issues with Video, only with AUDIO OUT. After a while, DD+ content from FireTV or HTCP will not sync with my NAD. When I reboot the Maestro, then the issue is fixed.

Hopes this clarifies my setup. My preferred solution would be to fix the NAD HDMI issues. If it helps, I have as well Dr. HDMI 4k, but not connected anywhere.

Cheers
Fatos
Hello,
Please confirm if above is using the FW I sent via PM or the one you had on the unit previously, if not using special FW, please confirm if you have same issue using special FW.

For your case number 2 above, instead of restart maestro, can you please disconnect AUDIO OUT and reconnect it, does it fix the problem ? if yes, that's the fix we are working on and its same issue on older NAD.
Also please try with your NAD at TX0 output instead of audio out and report back.

post #376 of 386 Old 11-09-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Hello,
Please confirm if above is using the FW I sent via PM or the one you had on the unit previously, if not using special FW, please confirm if you have same issue using special FW.

Both version have unfortunately the same issues, however FW 0.53 seams to be better than the previous FW 0.52. I can use the original version to get the 4k/60p working bypassing the NAD.

Do you have any recommendations for EDID? I tried Automix (max Video / max Audio), Custom 11 and COPY TX0 SINK
post #377 of 386 Old 11-09-2019, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Both version have unfortunately the same issues, however FW 0.53 seams to be better than the previous FW 0.52. I can use the original version to get the 4k/60p working bypassing the NAD.

Do you have any recommendations for EDID? I tried Automix (max Video / max Audio), Custom 11 and COPY TX0 SINK
Just send me a link to your display usermanual in PDF and I can check what could be the best edid in such case, it also depends if you have the setup as your case number 1 or 2 above.

post #378 of 386 Old 11-09-2019, 12:57 PM

HDFury Maestro HDBaseT owner's thread

Great thanks:

I currently use Scenario 1.) TX between NAD and Sony VW760

Sony VW760:
https://pro.sony/s3/2019/02/26025452/4732479121.pdf

NAD M17V2:
https://nadelectronics.com/wp-conten...eng_OM_v09.pdf

Thanks for the fantastic support!!!!
post #379 of 386 Old 11-09-2019, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great thanks:

I currently use Scenario 1.) TX between NAD and Sony VW760

Sony VW760:
https://pro.sony/s3/2019/02/26025452/4732479121.pdf

NAD M17V2:
https://nadelectronics.com/wp-conten...eng_OM_v09.pdf

Thanks for the fantastic support!!!!

Ok I checked and for me it's a 18Gbps/600MHz HDR/HLG PJ without DV support that you have, so default custom 11, AUTOMIX or COPY TX can all work in such case, there should be no difference. (this is only valid in your case/scenario 1)

post #380 of 386 Old 11-11-2019, 10:57 AM

@HDfury Any update on getting a replacement unit sent out?

Thanks
post #381 of 386 Old 11-13-2019, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury Any update on getting a replacement unit sent out?

Thanks
Requested on Saturday, Tracking sent Tuesday.

Factory informed that first RX unit enclosure was opened, please do not do that while under warranty.

post #382 of 386 Old 11-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Requested on Saturday, Tracking sent Tuesday.

Factory informed that first RX unit enclosure was opened, please do not do that while under warranty.
I'm not sure what you mean? I never have opened any of the RX units - why would I. Possible it was damaged in shipping or the replacement unit was refurbished?
post #383 of 386 Old 11-14-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean? I never have opened any of the RX units - why would I. Possible it was damaged in shipping or the replacement unit was refurbished?
I don't know, I'm just telling you what factory told me, I of course told them to continue warranty, support and shipping because I know there was issue supporting latest Marantz AVR and we want that working and behind us.
We do not send any refurbished, replacement are always brand new unit. Out of any replacements we ever did, we never had this case yet, so I guess if it happened once it is for a reason. It is important to NOT open the unit, because if you open it once and close it, it won't last long and will die quickly, this is because thermal pad is used to seal the unit, you will break thermal pad if you open it. May be custom inspection did it, who knows...

Anyway, did you get new unit now ?

Last edited by HDfury; 11-14-2019 at 08:46 AM.
post #384 of 386 Old 11-14-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I don't know, I'm just telling you what factory told me, I of course told them to continue warranty, support and shipping because I know there was issue supporting latest Marantz AVR and we want that working and behind us.
We do not send any refurbished, replacement are always brand new unit. Out of any replacements we ever did, we never had this case yet, so I guess if it happened once it is for a reason. It is important to NOT open the unit, because if you open it once and close it, it won't last long and will die quickly, this is because thermal pad is used to seal the unit, you will break thermal pad if you open it. May be custom inspection did it, who knows...

Anyway, did you get new unit now ?
Nope I haven't received the new unit as it's being delivered Friday, I'll report back when it's here.

Again - I never open the casing of any electronic item unless it's past it's warranty and I know what I'm doing (modding an xbox). Neither of those apply here. I'll be interested to see if they report back if the next set of units coming back to you were opened. I don't suppose there's any outside indicator to take a picture of before it leaves my hands verifying that these were not opened?

It worries me for myself and others if this is happening as it's out of our hands and is grounds for denying a warranty request.

Thanks
post #385 of 386 Old 11-14-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nope I haven't received the new unit as it's being delivered Friday, I'll report back when it's here.

Again - I never open the casing of any electronic item unless it's past it's warranty and I know what I'm doing (modding an xbox). Neither of those apply here. I'll be interested to see if they report back if the next set of units coming back to you were opened. I don't suppose there's any outside indicator to take a picture of before it leaves my hands verifying that these were not opened?

It worries me for myself and others if this is happening as it's out of our hands and is grounds for denying a warranty request.

Thanks
As I wrote, it never happened before so could be just custom inspection, when shipping to you or when sending back to us. I'll let you know on other units once they arrive.
And no it won't affect any warranty because I'm here to determine what would definitively break warranty or not and I already did it for you. so no problem.

post #386 of 386 Old 11-14-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Maestro FW TX 0.54 - RX 0.44

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on TX FW0.54 and RX FW0.44 #########

1. new TCP/IP supporting more requests, current connection must be terminated before a new one does anything, now using netconn connections instead of socket telnet.

2. Fixed a condition when input is 4K50 420 and downscaled to 1080p50, Wrong VIC code was presented at the output.

3. Custom HDR replacement routines updated.

4. DV mode reporting on OSD/OLED from Shield 2019 fixed.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Maestro_FW_54.zip

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page