HDFury Maestro HDBaseT owner's thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 197Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 587 Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury ,

I guess you need some well deserved rest to end the year ;-)

Although the poster did not clearly mention the "2" for the Vertex, since he's referring to the web interface which is common to your latest gear, we can guess he means Vertex 2.

Furthermore, his question is indeed about an option in the Maestro's web interface... so it's the right thread.

Rgds,

W.
Yes prolly, actually some personal issues and no sleep since a couple of days, so... that's it...

Anyway, all webserver are the same except some specific option.. so i'm not sure what is missing..
The only exception here is that DV60 only work for TX unit, not thru RX, RX is DV24 or LLDV but all that is on product page, and everywhere already... so may be time for people to read a bit and dig on their own, especially when it's obvious.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 587 Old 12-21-2019, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury ,

I guess you need some well deserved rest to end the year 😉

Although the poster did not clearly mention the "2" for the Vertex, since he's referring to the web interface which is common to your latest gear, we can guess he means Vertex 2.

Furthermore, his question is indeed about an option in the Maestro's web interface... so it's the right thread.

Rgds,

W.
Yes prolly, actually some personal issues and no sleep since a couple of days, so... that's it...

Anyway, all webserver are the same except some specific option.. so i'm not sure what is missing..
The only exception here is that DV60 only work for TX unit, not thru RX, RX is DV24 or LLDV but all that is on product page, and everywhere already... so may be time for people to read a bit and dig on their own, especially when it's obvious.
There is a discussion on using the hdfury line to force DV meta data when using EDIDs different than the actual equipment recieving the signal.

In the how to, one of the first few steps is to click the option to FORCE DV. I also thought the web server was common to all units minus some specialization to certain units. I'll see if I can find the picture in the instructions showing what button is missing on the MAESTRO. I'm sure it's just a nomenclature issue, there is probably an equivalent button or function on the MAESTRO.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.

Last edited by TimHuey; 12-21-2019 at 11:10 PM.
TimHuey is online now  
post #453 of 587 Old 12-21-2019, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Here's the missing piece...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191221-234142_Chrome_1576993336057.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2657258  

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #454 of 587 Old 12-22-2019, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
Here's the missing piece...
@Walky i was not so wrong apparently

@TimHuey if you use Vertex1, you need to use sony A1 edid for that. try to be more specific when you ask something please, we have tons of options so we need to understand exactly what you are asking before having a chance to give good reply. Lately people have been very cryptic on their questions
Walky likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #455 of 587 Old 12-22-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,449
Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked: 2578
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
There is a discussion on using the hdfury line to force DV meta data when using EDIDs different than the actual equipment recieving the signal.

In the how to, one of the first few steps is to click the option to FORCE DV. I also thought the web server was common to all units minus some specialization to certain units. I'll see if I can find the picture in the instructions showing what button is missing on the MAESTRO. I'm sure it's just a nomenclature issue, there is probably an equivalent button or function on the MAESTRO.
I agree that you should just use the Sony A1 LLDV custom EDID. I saw that post about using Automix with Force DV resulting in a better picture but I don't see how there could be anything valid about that comment.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H/X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #456 of 587 Old 12-22-2019, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I have the Maestro, the instructions are using the Vertex1. But I agree Claw that it shouldn't even come into play since he has selected the EDID function not the automix option. I'll just move past finding the matching button on the Maestro.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #457 of 587 Old 12-26-2019, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
We wish you all the best for this holiday season, enjoy good times ^^
Below is 25% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog till the 25 December !
Coupon code to use in shopping cart: XMAS25
------------------------------------
I took advantage of the 25% and the RX unit just arrived today. A whole new tab opened on the web server called "macros"..looks interesting.

I just plugged it in and tried a bluray uhd disc and a VUDU movie. Seems like im having some handshaking problems on the resync when trying to initiate a sync with the projector . I'll troubleshoot when I get back in town.

But I've definitely feel like the TX is much more complete with its match RX unit.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #458 of 587 Old 12-27-2019, 01:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
------------------------------------
I took advantage of the 25% and the RX unit just arrived today. A whole new tab opened on the web server called "macros"..looks interesting.

I just plugged it in and tried a bluray uhd disc and a VUDU movie. Seems like im having some handshaking problems on the resync when trying to initiate a sync with the projector . I'll troubleshoot when I get back in town.

But I've definitely feel like the TX is much more complete with its match RX unit.
You can send PM/Email or join our discord support server to get special FW, that's the first thing to try if you have sync issue, once you have tried that and if you still have sync issue, then it's cable issue somewhere.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #459 of 587 Old 12-27-2019, 04:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
------------------------------------
I took advantage of the 25% and the RX unit just arrived today. A whole new tab opened on the web server called "macros"..looks interesting.

I just plugged it in and tried a bluray uhd disc and a VUDU movie. Seems like im having some handshaking problems on the resync when trying to initiate a sync with the projector . I'll troubleshoot when I get back in town.

But I've definitely feel like the TX is much more complete with its match RX unit.
You can send PM/Email or join our discord support server to get special FW, that's the first thing to try if you have sync issue, once you have tried that and if you still have sync issue, then it's cable issue somewhere.
Well all I did was plug it in and go so even I would have had sync issues if someone did that to me during a movie.. I'm going to power everything down and back up and then see. If I still get sync issues I will put the Maestro before the reciever and just plug the sources into it and and see if that helps. I take the sound bar out of the equation and see if that is causing issues then start swapping cables. Is the cable included with the Maestro appropriate for 4k 444 12 bit 600mhz?

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #460 of 587 Old 12-27-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
Well all I did was plug it in and go so even I would have had sync issues if someone did that to me during a movie.. I'm going to power everything down and back up and then see. If I still get sync issues I will put the Maestro before the reciever and just plug the sources into it and and see if that helps. I take the sound bar out of the equation and see if that is causing issues then start swapping cables. Is the cable included with the Maestro appropriate for 4k 444 12 bit 600mhz?
Which cable are you talking about ? and 4K 444 12b 600MHz makes little sense, it's either 4K60 444 8b or 4K60 422 12b that's the sole timing equal to 18Gbps/600 MHz.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #461 of 587 Old 12-27-2019, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post

Which cable are you talking about ?
It just looks like a generic black rubber HDMI 3ft cable..it came in the box with the Maestro earlier this month. Im out of town so I cant see if it has any markings . But if all the cables you include with your products are 18ghz I'm sure it's fine. But if they aren't I'll start with that cable first in eliminating cables. But honestly I haven't had any cable problems yet so I really feel like it's a component getting confused not a cable issue. Im not worried at this point. I'll find the issue. I only had 30 mins to play with the new RX unit before I had to leave the country.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #462 of 587 Old 12-28-2019, 02:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
It just looks like a generic black rubber HDMI 3ft cable..it came in the box with the Maestro earlier this month. Im out of town so I cant see if it has any markings . But if all the cables you include with your products are 18ghz I'm sure it's fine. But if they aren't I'll start with that cable first in eliminating cables. But honestly I haven't had any cable problems yet so I really feel like it's a component getting confused not a cable issue. Im not worried at this point. I'll find the issue. I only had 30 mins to play with the new RX unit before I had to leave the country.
The problem is that we do not supply HDMI cable with Maestro and we would not supply a 3ft cable, so i'm a bit lost, i'll double check with shipping center but i guess there is some confusion here.

Our 18Gbps/600MHz cables are 6ft.

Also please confirm where in the chain did you connect this cable ? if its from RX to PJ, then that could be the issue because previously you had a video link at 10.2Gbps max since your PJ hdbt was limited to 10.2, now using our RX that link can go up to PJ max. Also try to include a config export of both TX and RX when you are trying.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #463 of 587 Old 12-29-2019, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
The problem is that we do not supply HDMI cable with Maestro and we would not supply a 3ft cable, so i'm a bit lost, i'll double check with shipping center but i guess there is some confusion here.

Our 18Gbps/600MHz cables are 6ft.

Also please confirm where in the chain did you connect this cable ? if its from RX to PJ, then that could be the issue because previously you had a video link at 10.2Gbps max since your PJ hdbt was limited to 10.2, now using our RX that link can go up to PJ max. Also try to include a config export of both TX and RX when you are trying.
I will see if i can find out exactly where the cable ended up in the chain now that I'm home. It could be 6 feet I guess, I could take a ruler to it. It's just a short generic looking black HDMI cable somwhere between 1 ft and 6 ft. I know you said the FW was the first route to try with sync issues but I would rather troubleshoot the cables first to make sure. I did try changing the position of the TX unit from AFTER the sound bar(the sound bar is also doing the HDMI Switching from the XBOX and Cable Box then feeding it to the TX maestro unit) to BEFORE the soundbar and using the MAESTRO to do the switching but I couldn't get that to work at all. I had sound from the Cable Box on INPUT 0 while getting video from the XBOX on INPUT 1. Nothing i did seem to fix that issue so I gave up on using the MAESTRO TX as a switcher. It may still work before the Soundbar if I get simple switcher but I'd rather save that for ABSOLUTE LAST OPTION as it's more money and HDfury has all mine now.

If I do decide to go down the FW route, am I stuck with that Firmware forever and not able to upgrade when new FW comes out fixing and improving issues? Why would such a Firmware ever exist, if it fixes sync problems shouldn't it be in all the FW releases or does it add possible issues that don't exist on the wide release FW.

You know, as I type this, one more troubleshooting idea came to mind. I will try with the chain going Xbox - Soundbar - TX and see if just having one device in the chain stops the sync issues. If it is a Projector bandwidth issue this might help identify it.

I will generate the two units config exports both when the sync doesn't occur and also when it does. Just as a FYI, when the sync doesn't occur the INFO tabs show no signal from TX0 leading me to believe it was a problem from higher in the chain such as the sound bar or xbox. It has occured when switching to the Xbox from the cable box on the soundbar, and from using the soundbar to switch from the xbox to the cable box, also when synced to the xbox with a picture and then starting up a streaming service on the xbox or swtiching between streaming apps on the xbox. It generates a resync when doing this as some apps engage 420, 422, HDR etc.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.

Last edited by TimHuey; 12-29-2019 at 09:38 PM.
TimHuey is online now  
post #464 of 587 Old 12-30-2019, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
I will see if i can find out exactly where the cable ended up in the chain now that I'm home. It could be 6 feet I guess, I could take a ruler to it. It's just a short generic looking black HDMI cable somwhere between 1 ft and 6 ft. I know you said the FW was the first route to try with sync issues but I would rather troubleshoot the cables first to make sure. I did try changing the position of the TX unit from AFTER the sound bar(the sound bar is also doing the HDMI Switching from the XBOX and Cable Box then feeding it to the TX maestro unit) to BEFORE the soundbar and using the MAESTRO to do the switching but I couldn't get that to work at all. I had sound from the Cable Box on INPUT 0 while getting video from the XBOX on INPUT 1. Nothing i did seem to fix that issue so I gave up on using the MAESTRO TX as a switcher. It may still work before the Soundbar if I get simple switcher but I'd rather save that for ABSOLUTE LAST OPTION as it's more money and HDfury has all mine now.

If I do decide to go down the FW route, am I stuck with that Firmware forever and not able to upgrade when new FW comes out fixing and improving issues? Why would such a Firmware ever exist, if it fixes sync problems shouldn't it be in all the FW releases or does it add possible issues that don't exist on the wide release FW.

You know, as I type this, one more troubleshooting idea came to mind. I will try with the chain going Xbox - Soundbar - TX and see if just having one device in the chain stops the sync issues. If it is a Projector bandwidth issue this might help identify it.

I will generate the two units config exports both when the sync doesn't occur and also when it does. Just as a FYI, when the sync doesn't occur the INFO tabs show no signal from TX0 leading me to believe it was a problem from higher in the chain such as the sound bar or xbox. It has occured when switching to the Xbox from the cable box on the soundbar, and from using the soundbar to switch from the xbox to the cable box, also when synced to the xbox with a picture and then starting up a streaming service on the xbox or swtiching between streaming apps on the xbox. It generates a resync when doing this as some apps engage 420, 422, HDR etc.

If before you had SOURCES > SOUNDBAR > PJ, then you never had any 18Gbps link in your setup.


If now you have SOURCES > SOUNDBAR > TX > RX > PJ then you will have a 18Gbps link at least between SOURCES and SOUNDBAR and between SOUNDBAR and TX.
So you need AT LEAST 2 good HDMI cables for 18Gbps, get kabledirekt, bluejeans cable or our cables min 6ft/max12ft and you will be fine. (kabledirekt you can easily find on amazon, cheap and efficient, unbeatable for the money)


You can easily verify any cable issue by setting FIXED EDID MODE on TX, if then you don't have sync issue, then this confirm cable issue.


Any official firmware is also available in special version, such firmware cannot be made public because some high executives in the industry won't like that and make us problems.
We are on your side here and we would be happy to ship our devices with such firmware, unfortunately, we did in the past and had big problem...


I would put the soundbar at AUDIO OUT or TX0 OUT on TX unit.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-30-2019 at 04:54 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #465 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I've switched to Xbox One -> Maestro TX -> RX -> Projector(on TX-1 downscale),and TX -> soundbar (HDMI AUDIO OUT)

I have new cables on the way arriving Friday and Saturday.

Here is the config files. Still getting glitchy sync problems. I wish one problem would repeat, but I get multiple problems occurring randomly. Hard to trouble shoot. The Fixed EDID didn't make a difference. Even with it I couldn't' get a sync, but I did a complete unit RESET (factory default and EDID Factory settings) then things would sync a for a short while. Once I got a sync as long as I didn't generate a resync by changing EDID, HDR, or scaling settings everything was stable. It's just on the syncs when I lose things. Sometimes I have factory reset the RX unit, sometimes the TX unit, sometimes both. I don't think a REBOOT has ever worked just on it's own but I"ve tried. Like I said it's all over the place with problems. I have taken the cable box totally out of the chain right now. just trouble shooting the XBOX first.

Lets not worry about it till i get the new cables. I ordered the ones you suggested and shortest lengths. Unless you see something glaringly wrong with my config files then don't spend any time on this. I'm still troubleshooting on my end.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MAESTRO-CONFIG-1_2_2020.txt (11.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt MAESTRORX-CONFIG-1_2_2020.txt (6.3 KB, 2 views)

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #466 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello
I purchased an HDfury Maestro TX/RX a couple of weeks ago and am pretty happy with it. I’m positive I’m not using it to it’s full capability. The issue I have is at random times when I power up my equipment, the TX unit shows it’s not getting a signal and I have to unplug and plug it back in to work.
The setup is Apple TV 4K to a Denon AVR 7200. Output from AVR goes to the Maestro TX and Cat 6 line to RX in another room that goes to Samsung QLED TV. I’ve checked the CAT 6 lines and HDMI lines and all are good. Any reason it might not pick up the signal?
Paulbury is offline  
post #467 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
Hello
I purchased an HDfury Maestro TX/RX a couple of weeks ago and am pretty happy with it. I’m positive I’m not using it to it’s full capability. The issue I have is at random times when I power up my equipment, the TX unit shows it’s not getting a signal and I have to unplug and plug it back in to work.
The setup is Apple TV 4K to a Denon AVR 7200. Output from AVR goes to the Maestro TX and Cat 6 line to RX in another room that goes to Samsung QLED TV. I’ve checked the CAT 6 lines and HDMI lines and all are good. Any reason it might not pick up the signal?
This is one of the problems I get. Does the simple power removal and plug back in always solve the sync problem. That worked a few times for me but not always. Turning off the soundbar and back on never helped. Xbox on and off sometimes. But what seemed to help the most often was when I did a full factory RESET on both units. I'm not sure but when the syncing problem occur I think that it might be messing with the units. Mine gets stuck in a sync loop and sound keeps cutting in and out as it makes a new sync then looses it. The OLED screen will show the source then it will disappear then reappear each sync attempt.

These units have many options and the manual probably needs to be read to understand them. It's not like a TV or Stereo receiver where you can figure it out. And if video processing isn't familiar to you or you aren't in the profession it uses a lot of jargon that might have meaning to industry folk but not to average end users.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #468 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Usually disconnecting and reconnecting the power fixes it. Just now is the first time it wouldn’t solve the issue. I put the latest firmware on both units so I know that is good. Here is what I get in the OLED.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED0E749B-31A5-4670-8D03-DA62EF242BAD_1578004716885.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2662978  
Paulbury is offline  
post #469 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
I've switched to Xbox One -> Maestro TX -> RX -> Projector(on TX-1 downscale),and TX -> soundbar (HDMI AUDIO OUT)

I have new cables on the way arriving Friday and Saturday.

Here is the config files. Still getting glitchy sync problems. I wish one problem would repeat, but I get multiple problems occurring randomly. Hard to trouble shoot. The Fixed EDID didn't make a difference. Even with it I couldn't' get a sync, but I did a complete unit RESET (factory default and EDID Factory settings) then things would sync a for a short while. Once I got a sync as long as I didn't generate a resync by changing EDID, HDR, or scaling settings everything was stable. It's just on the syncs when I lose things. Sometimes I have factory reset the RX unit, sometimes the TX unit, sometimes both. I don't think a REBOOT has ever worked just on it's own but I"ve tried. Like I said it's all over the place with problems. I have taken the cable box totally out of the chain right now. just trouble shooting the XBOX first.

Lets not worry about it till i get the new cables. I ordered the ones you suggested and shortest lengths. Unless you see something glaringly wrong with my config files then don't spend any time on this. I'm still troubleshooting on my end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
This is one of the problems I get. Does the simple power removal and plug back in always solve the sync problem. That worked a few times for me but not always. Turning off the soundbar and back on never helped. Xbox on and off sometimes. But what seemed to help the most often was when I did a full factory RESET on both units. I'm not sure but when the syncing problem occur I think that it might be messing with the units. Mine gets stuck in a sync loop and sound keeps cutting in and out as it makes a new sync then looses it. The OLED screen will show the source then it will disappear then reappear each sync attempt.

These units have many options and the manual probably needs to be read to understand them. It's not like a TV or Stereo receiver where you can figure it out. And if video processing isn't familiar to you or you aren't in the profession it uses a lot of jargon that might have meaning to industry folk but not to average end users.
What you describe here in RED is cable issue or HDCP issue, use the fw I sent via PM and if you still have issue with it, then it's cable issue 100% guaranteed.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #470 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
Hello
I purchased an HDfury Maestro TX/RX a couple of weeks ago and am pretty happy with it. I’m positive I’m not using it to it’s full capability. The issue I have is at random times when I power up my equipment, the TX unit shows it’s not getting a signal and I have to unplug and plug it back in to work.
The setup is Apple TV 4K to a Denon AVR 7200. Output from AVR goes to the Maestro TX and Cat 6 line to RX in another room that goes to Samsung QLED TV. I’ve checked the CAT 6 lines and HDMI lines and all are good. Any reason it might not pick up the signal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
Usually disconnecting and reconnecting the power fixes it. Just now is the first time it wouldn’t solve the issue. I put the latest firmware on both units so I know that is good. Here is what I get in the OLED.
try the FW I sent via PM, if it does not solve the issue, please post config of both units.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #471 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
try the FW I sent via PM, if it does not solve the issue, please post config of both units.
Thanks. These look like the files is used to update the units a couple of days ago. I will try again and let you know.
Paulbury is offline  
post #472 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
Thanks. These look like the files is used to update the units a couple of days ago. I will try again and let you know.
No they are not the same, I would not bother you with same files you can find on our website

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #473 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No they are not the same, I would not bother you with same files you can find on our website
Thanks. I appreciate the response and support. I uploaded the FW and initially had had the same issue. See attached first RX and TX pics. I then bypassed the AVR and connected the Apple TV directly to the TX and there was a signal. Next removed power from everything (TX, AVR, Apple TV) and reconnected everything as I originally had it hooked up.
Apple TV output to Denon AVR7200 CABLE/SAT input (renamed Apple TV)
Denon AVR7200 Monitor Output 1 ARC to HDFury TX HDMI0 input
I restored power to everything and turned on the system and all worked. See second set of RX/TX pics.
Thanks again for the support. I am very impressed with the quick response from HDFury. I will let everyone know if it happens again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RX Unit.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	977.0 KB
ID:	2663006   Click image for larger version

Name:	TX Unit.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	916.3 KB
ID:	2663008   Click image for larger version

Name:	RX after reset.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	754.7 KB
ID:	2663032   Click image for larger version

Name:	TX after Reset.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	916.0 KB
ID:	2663034  
Paulbury is offline  
post #474 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No they are not the same, I would not bother you with same files you can find on our website [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Thanks. I appreciate the response and support. I uploaded the FW and initially had had the same issue. See attached first RX and TX pics. I then bypassed the AVR and connected the Apple TV directly to the TX and there was a signal. Next removed power from everything (TX, AVR, Apple TV) and reconnected everything as I originally had it hooked up.
Apple TV output to Denon AVR7200 CABLE/SAT input (renamed Apple TV)
Denon AVR7200 Monitor Output 1 ARC to HDFury TX HDMI0 input
I restored power to everything and turned on the system and all worked. See second set of RX/TX pics.
Thanks again for the support. I am very impressed with the quick response from HDFury. I will let everyone know if it happens again.
Same report here unfortunately. Nothing fixed at first. Complete power down of everything in the chain and back up and all fixed..Will put it thru some paces tonight. But I'm sorry to report this seems to have fixed my problem as well. I know that is probably the last of the options that you wanted to work @HDfury but it does seem to do the trick. Wish i had better news.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #475 of 587 Old 01-02-2020, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
[QUOTE=Paulbury;59038544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No they are not the same, I would not bother you with same files you can find on our website [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
@Paulbury you are right, they look exactly alike. And they probably always will. Good eye! Just one small fix to the sync issue. But I dont think as a user you can see that in the file name.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #476 of 587 Old 01-03-2020, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
Same report here unfortunately. Nothing fixed at first. Complete power down of everything in the chain and back up and all fixed..Will put it thru some paces tonight. But I'm sorry to report this seems to have fixed my problem as well. I know that is probably the last of the options that you wanted to work @HDfury but it does seem to do the trick. Wish i had better news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
@Paulbury you are right, they look exactly alike. And they probably always will. Good eye! Just one small fix to the sync issue. But I dont think as a user you can see that in the file name.


Just let me know when you have the new HDMI cables tested please.


Special FW filename always have a reference to "0.0" that's how you can spot the difference compared to original filename.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #477 of 587 Old 01-03-2020, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
Same report here unfortunately. Nothing fixed at first. Complete power down of everything in the chain and back up and all fixed..Will put it thru some paces tonight. But I'm sorry to report this seems to have fixed my problem as well. I know that is probably the last of the options that you wanted to work @HDfury but it does seem to do the trick. Wish i had better news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
@Paulbury you are right, they look exactly alike. And they probably always will. Good eye! Just one small fix to the sync issue. But I dont think as a user you can see that in the file name.


Just let me know when you have the new HDMI cables tested please.


Special FW filename always have a reference to "0.0" that's how you can spot the difference compared to original filename.
Yeah last night I think I found a bad cable. I was getting blanking issues DURING watching the cable box. That's never happened before. So today the new cables arrive and I will start with that one.

And if the FW files always have that naming convention they could remain hidden and easily retrieved by those that need them so you guys didn't have to keep up with the users that need the special files every time. Or you might have a method in place already.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.

Last edited by TimHuey; 01-03-2020 at 08:32 AM.
TimHuey is online now  
post #478 of 587 Old 01-03-2020, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
Yeah last night I think I found a bad cable. I was getting blanking issues DURING watching the cable box. That's never happened before. So today the new cables arrive and I will start with that one.

And if the FW files always have that naming convention they could remain hidden and easily retrieved by those that need them so you guys didn't have to keep up with the users that need the special files every time. Or you might have a method in place already.
If you are on discord server we will have automation list in coming weeks for that.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #479 of 587 Old 01-04-2020, 06:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
TV Not Recognizing Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
try the FW I sent via PM, if it does not solve the issue, please post config of both units.
After I installed the FW, all was working well. There are random times when I power everything up that the TV shows no source is connected. I've posted the CONFIG export below. The TX and RX units both show signal in and out. If I remove power from the TX and plug it back in, it works fine.
Also, I am running everything of a Harmony Elite and using the IR from TX/RX to turn the TV on.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MAESTRO-CONFIG-1_4_2020.txt (10.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt MAESTRORX-CONFIG-1_4_2020 (1).txt (6.1 KB, 2 views)
Paulbury is offline  
post #480 of 587 Old 01-04-2020, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5161 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
After I installed the FW, all was working well. There are random times when I power everything up that the TV shows no source is connected. I've posted the CONFIG export below. The TX and RX units both show signal in and out. If I remove power from the TX and plug it back in, it works fine.
Also, I am running everything of a Harmony Elite and using the IR from TX/RX to turn the TV on.
If you use IR, then may be CEC is not needed, so try turning CEC off and see if it changes anything.


Also next time you have same issue, please restart your AVR or replug input, see if solves it. that's important test.

If that does not help, then try to put AVR at audio out or TX0 out and your sources direct to Maestro, see if issue manifest also here, you are assuming it's a maestro issue, while it is more likely an AVR issue I guess, that test should confirm where the issue comes from.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 01-04-2020 at 07:58 AM.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off