HDFury Maestro HDBaseT owner's thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 199Likes

post #571 of 613 Old 03-22-2020, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5447 Post(s)
Liked: 1585
Quote:
Originally Posted by skavan View Post
Yes. For the purposes of this discussion, let's assume two scenarios:
1. The same DV Source to both displays (LG + Epson)
2. The same HDR Source to both displays.

s.
1. use LG LLDV EDID or TV EDID (copy sink), force source in LLDV, set following option on Maestro RX : Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV
2. Nothing to do for that, any EDID mode will work out of the box (CUSTOM default or AUTOMIX)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Dear support,

Where can I find the Crestron package for download to integrate it into my system? I basically only need to HDMI inputs 1-4....

Thanks
post #573 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardos View Post
Dear support,

Where can I find the Crestron package for download to integrate it into my system? I basically only need to HDMI inputs 1-4....

Thanks
What do you mean by "crestron package" please ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
1. use LG LLDV EDID or TV EDID (copy sink), force source in LLDV, set following option on Maestro RX : Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV
2. Nothing to do for that, any EDID mode will work out of the box (CUSTOM default or AUTOMIX)
Didn't work.

I tried hours of combinations and permutations - to the point where I have lost my mind.
Either (a) I ended up with a pink screen on the Epson or (b) resolution ended switching to a max of 1080P, rather than 4k DV.
Right now, I am running

TX:
"automix" on the TX (video flags: TX0) with HDR Flags (HDR 10+) and DV Flags: Custom Strings.

RX:
"automix" on the TX (video flags: TX0) with HDR Flags (HDR 10+) and DV Flags: Custom Strings.
- Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV

This works -- but all UHD video is sent by the source as 1080P.
I can't find a 4K solution.

Again, I have a C9 connected to the TX0 of the TX and a 5050Ub connected to the TX0 of the RX.
I think it's the FireTV (Cube) that's doesn't like the communication with the Maestro. But what do I know.

Stuck.

s.
post #575 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
What do you mean by "crestron package" please ?

https://www.crestron.com

I thought you have some software to integrate with Crestron or other remote systems? If not do you have some information how to use IP commands for changing the the HDMI inputs?
post #576 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 378 Post(s)
Quoted: 5867 Post(s)
Liked: 6406
Quote:

I thought you have some software to integrate with Crestron or other remote systems? If not do you have some information how to use IP commands for changing the the HDMI inputs?
All the commands for IP control are in a file in the driver ZIP file.

I use IP control with iRule and it works great, including for input 1-4 (well, 0-3).
HDfury likes this.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro/Diva
post #577 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 05:57 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked: 2670
Quote:

Pretty much all you need on the Crestron side is a TCP/IP Client symbol connected to a Serial I/O symbol and plug in the appropriate commands from the command document @Manni01 mentioned. If you just need to switch between the inputs, it won't take much time at all to setup on the Crestron side.
HDfury likes this.
post #578 of 613 Old 03-23-2020, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skavan View Post
Didn't work.

I tried hours of combinations and permutations - to the point where I have lost my mind.
Either (a) I ended up with a pink screen on the Epson or (b) resolution ended switching to a max of 1080P, rather than 4k DV.
Right now, I am running

TX:

RX:
- Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV

This works -- but all UHD video is sent by the source as 1080P.
I can't find a 4K solution.

Again, I have a C9 connected to the TX0 of the TX and a 5050Ub connected to the TX0 of the RX.
I think it's the FireTV (Cube) that's doesn't like the communication with the Maestro. But what do I know.

Stuck.

s.
What you describe here is NOT what i wrote to you, did i wrote to check HDR+ flag ?

Why are you forcing any HDR flag here ? is your TV not supporting HDR ? no, it is supporting HDR, so you don't need to force anything.

Any problem, send config export of both units when issue is happening.

post #579 of 613 Old 03-24-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
All the commands for IP control are in a file in the driver ZIP file.

I use IP control with iRule and it works great, including for input 1-4 (well, 0-3).

Great, thanks! I thought already I saw it somewhere
post #580 of 613 Old 03-28-2020, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
HDFury,
Thanks for sending the email the other week about the EDIDs.
I am using the SONY A1 LLDV EDID on TX and RX and the picture is great.
My setup: ATV4K>DENON AVR X7200W>MAESTRO TX>MAESTRO RX via Cat6a>SAMSUNG Q70
With the custom EDID, I no longer see the volume control when turning the volume up or down. If I set the EDID back to automix, it shows it. Is there a way to be able to use LLDV and still show the volume?
Also, I have still been working on resolving the intermittent issue of the TV displaying signal not present. I'm going to run a new 100' Cat7 cable to see if that helps the situation.
I've attached the config as well.
Thanks for everything!
Attached Files
File Type: txt MAESTRO-CONFIG-3_28_2020.txt (11.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt MAESTRORX-CONFIG-3_28_2020.txt (6.1 KB, 4 views)
post #581 of 613 Old 03-28-2020, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbury View Post
HDFury,
Thanks for sending the email the other week about the EDIDs.
I am using the SONY A1 LLDV EDID on TX and RX and the picture is great.
My setup: ATV4K>DENON AVR X7200W>MAESTRO TX>MAESTRO RX via Cat6a>SAMSUNG Q70
With the custom EDID, I no longer see the volume control when turning the volume up or down. If I set the EDID back to automix, it shows it. Is there a way to be able to use LLDV and still show the volume?
Also, I have still been working on resolving the intermittent issue of the TV displaying signal not present. I'm going to run a new 100' Cat7 cable to see if that helps the situation.
I've attached the config as well.
Thanks for everything!
Sorry i'm not following, volume control of what ?? if you mean your Denon AVR, then i remember there was some discussion about that, it's basically denon related behavior as far as i recall.
I don't see how custom EDID vs automix EDID can play any role here. it is something to do with ATV and Denon.

Also there is no signal going thru on these configs export, so pretty much useless but anyway, i don't think any config export will help for what you are asking.
I think its claw who nailed the denon behavior down, so may be search his posts and you will find the answer.

post #582 of 613 Old 03-28-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry i'm not following, volume control of what ?? if you mean your Denon AVR, then i remember there was some discussion about that, it's basically denon related behavior as far as i recall.
I don't see how custom EDID vs automix EDID can play any role here. it is something to do with ATV and Denon.

Also there is no signal going thru on these configs export, so pretty much useless but anyway, i don't think any config export will help for what you are asking.
I think its claw who nailed the denon behavior down, so may be search his posts and you will find the answer.
Thanks HDFury.
I just turned everything on can see picture and hear sound. I exported config attached again. You can see the RX shows no signal, but it is passing something.
Regarding the AVR volume display on the TV, I will search claw's posts.
As always, thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt MAESTRO-CONFIG-3_28_2020 (1).txt (11.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt MAESTRORX-CONFIG-3_28_2020 (1).txt (6.1 KB, 3 views)
post #583 of 613 Old 03-29-2020, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks HDFury.
I just turned everything on can see picture and hear sound. I exported config attached again. You can see the RX shows no signal, but it is passing something.
Please try with FW i sent you via PM and let me know if you still have same issue.

From these configs, TX is fine but RX is not getting the signal. can be ethernet cable issue or hdcp issue cause of key managements after AVR, so verify with FW i sent, if it does not help, then i guess the culprit is the ethernet cable.

post #584 of 613 Old 03-29-2020, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2860 Post(s)
Liked: 2728
Quote:
Thanks HDFury.
Denon AVRs disable the audio OSD when the input signal is Dolby Vision, including LLDV.

I found that if you have the HDfury device include custom HDR10 metadata with the LLDV output, the Denon no longer recognizes the LLDV signal as Dolby Vision and will display the audio OSD. Of course this means you need to place an HDfury device between the player and the Denon.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
post #585 of 613 Old 03-29-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Please try with FW i sent you via PM and let me know if you still have same issue.

From these configs, TX is fine but RX is not getting the signal. can be ethernet cable issue or hdcp issue cause of key managements after AVR, so verify with FW i sent, if it does not help, then i guess the culprit is the ethernet cable.
Thanks!
I am always impressed with your service. I installed the FW and will let you know how it goes. I appreciate all the help.
post #586 of 613 Old 03-29-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Denon AVRs disable the audio OSD when the input signal is Dolby Vision, including LLDV.

I found that if you have the HDfury device include custom HDR10 metadata with the LLDV output, the Denon no longer recognizes the LLDV signal as Dolby Vision and will display the audio OSD. Of course this means you need to place an HDfury device between the player and the Denon.
Thanks Claw.
Since I using the Maestro to send signal to the RX in the other room, I don't know a way of putting the HDFury device between the player and AVR.
I am still amazed at the picture quality using the trick to get DV.
I have been just getting started in AVS Forum. It is great to see people helping one another.
post #587 of 613 Old 03-29-2020, 11:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2860 Post(s)
Liked: 2728
Quote:
Thanks Claw.
Since I using the Maestro to send signal to the RX in the other room, I don't know a way of putting the HDFury device between the player and AVR.
I am still amazed at the picture quality using the trick to get DV.
I have been just getting started in AVS Forum. It is great to see people helping one another.
I have learned to live without the Denon OSD. Instead I use the Denon mobile App for an iPad. It works well and has pretty much full control over my X6400H. The App for smart phones is too limited in functionality.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
post #588 of 613 Old 04-27-2020, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Maestro TX FW0.59 - RX FW0.47

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on TX FW 0.59 and RX FW 0.47 #########

1. Added HDR10+ signal detection.

2. Added EDID overflow flags to the webserver EDID page.

3. Added instant save for EDID custom 10 to the webserver EDID page.

In automix you can force the HDR10+ support by clicking HDR flag,
you should not click any of those just for fun, if sink already has support for HDR/HLG/HDR10+ then no need to force the support.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Maestro_FW_59.zip

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.
Manni01 likes this.

post #589 of 613 Old 05-04-2020, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Maestro TX FW0.60 - RX FW0.47

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on TX FW 0.60 and RX FW 0.47 #########

1. RS232 Macro workflow updated as per Manni (AVSforum power user) suggestion.
Please visit the following link for more details: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post59593690

2. Added new IP commands "jvcmacroalwayshex on/off", "jvcmacroalwayshexorder before/after" and "jvcmacroalwayshexdelay 1/3/5/7/10/15/20/25"

3. No input OSD updated (should fix issue reported in some user's setup)

4. Added the EARC LPCM 5.1/7.1 support (as per LG C9 latest firmware update)

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Maestro_FW_60.zip

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maestro_Macro.png
Views:	32
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2721234  
Manni01 likes this.

post #590 of 613 Old 05-24-2020, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I’m having a lot of instability with my Maestro. I have two sources - an AppleTV 4K and a CoreElec kodi box, that both feed into my yamaha a3060 then -> maestroTx -> maestroRx -> JVC NX5. I’ve been watching a lot of 4K HDR content, and when it works, its great.

However, it frequently stops responding and I have to reboot the Rx and then the Tx modules via the web interface in order to get it back. With the devices that I’m using it switches resolution and frame rate essentially every time a video is stopped or started. Eventually, after one of those switches the whole thing just seems to stop responding.

of note, I am using the maestroRx to upscale 1080p content (which includes the kodi interface) to 4k and having it pass through 4k video signal during playback. I have the appletv set to match the resolution and frame rate of the source file and that interface is 4k HDR, so only the frame rate changes when playback starts.

Any ideas on how I can make this more reliable? I’m the only person in the house that can operate the theater right now.

thanks
post #591 of 613 Old 05-24-2020, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrau272 View Post
I’m having a lot of instability with my Maestro. I have two sources - an AppleTV 4K and a CoreElec kodi box, that both feed into my yamaha a3060 then -> maestroTx -> maestroRx -> JVC NX5. I’ve been watching a lot of 4K HDR content, and when it works, its great.

However, it frequently stops responding and I have to reboot the Rx and then the Tx modules via the web interface in order to get it back. With the devices that I’m using it switches resolution and frame rate essentially every time a video is stopped or started. Eventually, after one of those switches the whole thing just seems to stop responding.

of note, I am using the maestroRx to upscale 1080p content (which includes the kodi interface) to 4k and having it pass through 4k video signal during playback. I have the appletv set to match the resolution and frame rate of the source file and that interface is 4k HDR, so only the frame rate changes when playback starts.

Any ideas on how I can make this more reliable? I’m the only person in the house that can operate the theater right now.

thanks
Actually you should put your AVR at TX0 output or AUDIO OUT of TX unit and that should solve all issue.
If you cannot change AVR location, then we can try special FW to see if it helps, but before anything, you need to post both TX and RX unit config as attachment in your reply, one set when all is fine, one set when you have that issue you are mentioning here.

post #592 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Actually you should put your AVR at TX0 output or AUDIO OUT of TX unit and that should solve all issue.
I don’t want to do this b/c the receiver overlays the volume level on the display.

I’ve attached two copies of the config, both from the Tx unit (the 2nd one is when things weren’t working). the Rx unit gives a webkit error when I try to export the config. also it displayed the attached window, however everything was playing just fine. I then stopped the video and the kodi interface never came up. ultimately I had to hard reboot the Rx unit to get things back.

it seems like pressing the “issue hotplug” command causes the video to pop back up.

thanks

MAESTRO-CONFIG-5_25_2020 2.txt

MAESTRO-CONFIG-5_25_2020.txt

Name:	CEAE43B5-2FEB-4019-B18E-89FEE7CFA182.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	2732428
post #593 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don’t want to do this b/c the receiver overlays the volume level on the display.

I’ve attached two copies of the config, both from the Tx unit (the 2nd one is when things weren’t working). the Rx unit gives a webkit error when I try to export the config. also it displayed the attached window, however everything was playing just fine. I then stopped the video and the kodi interface never came up. ultimately I had to hard reboot the Rx unit to get things back.

it seems like pressing the “issue hotplug” command causes the video to pop back up.

thanks
Both configs looks good with signal coming in, going out, so its not related to TX unit. We really need both TX and RX config in both situations here.
I'm not getting the issue you are reporting on RX, if you can see webserver then you should be able to export, please take screenshot of the error you are mentioning and try other browser see if you have same issue.

post #594 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Both configs looks good with signal coming in, going out, so its not related to TX unit. We really need both TX and RX config in both situations here.
I'm not getting the issue you are reporting on RX, if you can see webserver then you should be able to export, please take screenshot of the error you are mentioning and try other browser see if you have same issue.
here is the screenshot of the error

Name:	0FAC52FD-FB4E-4213-A6D1-9FA4331028B0.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	2732444
post #595 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
here is the screenshot of the error

Attachment 2732444
Ok thanx, what is the results with other browser like chrome ?

post #596 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 01:59 PM

good call. chrome worked for some reason.

safari worked fine on the Tx module. not sure what the problem was with the Rx.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MAESTRORX-CONFIG-5_25_2020.txt (6.1 KB, 2 views)
post #597 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
good call. chrome worked for some reason.

safari worked fine on the Tx module. not sure what the problem was with the Rx.
Ok good, can you send config for RX in both situation, when it works and when you have the issue please.

And please do it once RX unit is set to AUTOSCALING, you currently have custom scaling set for it with settings (wrong) that could explain the issue.

post #598 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 02:50 PM

how is the scaling set wrong? I have the projector plugged into TX0 and have scaling on for 1080p to 4k, but no scaling set for 4k b/c I want it just pass it through as it shouldn’t need any processing. there is no autoscaling option for TX0. TX1 has an autoscaling option, but that doesn’t do upscaling, only downscaling, correct?
post #599 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
how is the scaling set wrong? I have the projector plugged into TX0 and have scaling on for 1080p to 4k, but no scaling set for 4k b/c I want it just pass it through as it shouldn’t need any processing. there is no autoscaling option for TX0. TX1 has an autoscaling option, but that doesn’t do upscaling, only downscaling, correct?
Please can you provide the info i requested or do you mean you don't have any issue when using autoscaling and that was the issue ?

Example of wrong settings, you have 1080p60 set to upscale, but set to FOLLOW for chroma and FOLLOW for colordepth, so if you input 1080p60 RGB or 444 10 or 12b, then result is 4K60 444 or RGB 10 or 12b, which exceed the max bandwidth of your PJ => blackscreen/unsupported
Custom scaling is for people who understand what they are doing so NEVER use it unless you know perfectly what you are doing.

And sure there is upscaling for TX0 in autoscaling, just uncheck TX0 NO UPSCALING and then it will upscale and take care of any limits !

post #600 of 613 Old 05-25-2020, 06:11 PM

set it to autoscaling, but it still stopped worked. I’ve attached the RX config file.

my projector will take a 4K 444 input. Also, I don’t have any sources that output a 1080p 444 signal. I don’t think I have anything that will output a 444 signal of any kind currently. my appletv will do 4k 422 and I believe blu-ray tops out at 420 - but perhaps i’m wrong. Either way, if the autoscaling will work on TX0, then I don’t have a reason to use the custom scaling.

thanks for your help

edit: i see that you mean a 4k 444 12 bit signal would be too much. gotcha
Attached Files
File Type: txt MAESTRORX-CONFIG-5_25_2020.txt (6.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by jrau272; 05-25-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page