HDFury Maestro HDBaseT owner's thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 176Likes

post #61 of 423 Old 12-11-2018, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2810 Post(s)
Liked: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
There is 2 ways presently, we have our own. a third/new/never saw otherwise we would not have tried or though about doing such product if we didn't have anything special in this regard. all welcome to compare as said. End of discussion on that.
Regarding 2 HDBaseT link, possible for 7000$ as you need to create 600MHz FPGA video buffer with lot of high speed ram otherwise you would have vertical/horizontal line in the middle.
You can easily test that using Integral Split screen feature, split horizontally or vertically, send each output to a HDBaseT solution and both HDBaseT RX back to another integral that will display the signal. That was tested back in 2016 if I recall well. you have horizontal or vertical line in the middle, because you need video buffer to avoid it and that would sky rocket the price. it's not our usual price range to do 7000$ device, here already Maestro is at a newer price level for us.
It will be interesting to see your solution. But just to be clear, it isn't truly lossless, is it? There is some modification of the video stream going on?

I guess the issue for 2xHDBT connections with split video is that each of the HDBT transmit / receive pairs will negotiate their own link layer and there isn't a common synchronization between the two; in fact I think HDBT uses the HDMI clock stretching functionality. It is a shame Valens haven't addressed this 18G problem "properly" yet. Maybe soon, but they've been talking about it for a while now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 423 Old 12-11-2018, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
It will be interesting to see your solution. But just to be clear, it isn't truly lossless, is it? There is some modification of the video stream going on?

Even if I knew, I would not be able to tell you about it, it's Devs secret, they found something they said. they said you can try looking for any loss or comparing with any solution.
So better close this topic and wait device to be available and people feedback. I have made it clear several times that I cannot comment on that, I'm not allowed to.
Once other company manages to find out how they did it, may be i'll be able to tell more, for the moment they don't want any info to go out as to how they did it.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #63 of 423 Old 12-11-2018, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

4K Maestro product page is LIVE !

Feel free to visit the Maestro product page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/maestro

10% discount is available during pre order period ONLY for existing HDfury.com customers.
It does not matter which product you ordered, however we only offer discount to people who ordered at least once since 06/2017.

More info, webserver picture and packaging preview coming shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TX-OLED.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	2495468   Click image for larger version

Name:	RX-OLED.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	2495470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Maestro_Splash.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2495472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Maestro_elements_options.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	2495474  

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-11-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 423 Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Feel free to visit the Maestro product page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/maestro

10% discount is available during pre order period ONLY for existing HDfury.com customers.
It does not matter which product you ordered, however we only offer discount to people who ordered at least once since 06/2017.

Hi HDFury,

On the main Product page (where they are all displayed), I would suggest that before the Maestro's "$499.00" price, you add a "from" so people don't feel as if you are only displaying the lowest price tag, when in fact there is a range of prices.

Regards,

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10) ; - - - - - - - - AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
post #65 of 423 Old 12-11-2018, 11:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
Hi HDFury,

On the main Product page (where they are all displayed), I would suggest that before the Maestro's "$499.00" price, you add a "from" so people don't feel as if you are only displaying the lowest price tag, when in fact there is a range of prices.

Regards,

W.

Yes sure, you are prolly right, problem is that all product have a price range already, up to 100pc qty price max. so we had that displayed initially but it was not really making sense to see for ex : 249-17000
So we already added a script to display only the 1 option price and that's why you see RX price first for Maestro. To do what you need we have to do specific script for that product, not so hard, but way too busy atm, we need to work on our products.

May be just consider that we are not amazon until we have more time
Walky likes this.

post #66 of 423 Old 12-12-2018, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool Web Server pictures

Here is a few pics of the embedded webserver pages.
All took from Chrome, except one took from iPhone.

INFO page, EDID page, HDR page and Macro page showed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	web_iphone.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	2495582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Webserver_EDID.png
Views:	41
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2495584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Webserver_hdr_avi.png
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2495586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Webserver_info.png
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	2495588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Webserver_HDR_top.png
Views:	33
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2495594  

post #67 of 423 Old 12-12-2018, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie

Quote:

Nice, just weighing up to order or not.
In any case, this bit is perhaps a little bit too good to be true:
"Support any video and/or audio signal in existence today including LLDV, HLG, HDR10+, DTS:X, ATMOS and more…"
...given that later on you clarify in the spec table the limitation with respect to 300MHz DV.

I'll update the top post a little later
post #68 of 423 Old 12-12-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1306 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Just got an e-mail from HD fury for this. Will this do everything the Vertex does and more?

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
post #69 of 423 Old 12-12-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nice, just weighing up to order or not.
In any case, this bit is perhaps a little bit too good to be true:
"Support any video and/or audio signal in existence today including LLDV, HLG, HDR10+, DTS:X, ATMOS and more…"
...given that later on you clarify in the spec table the limitation with respect to 300MHz DV.

I'll update the top post a little later

TX supports any video or audio signal in existence today > so that means 600MHz DV as well as any others.
Only RX have one limitation, DV is currently max 300MHz on RX only, LLDV on RX is however already 600MHz as well as any others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Just got an e-mail from HD fury for this. Will this do everything the Vertex does and more?
Yes sir, WAY more !

post #70 of 423 Old 12-13-2018, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie

Quote:
TX supports any video or audio signal in existence today > so that means 600MHz DV as well as any others.
Only RX have one limitation, DV is currently max 300MHz on RX only, LLDV on RX is however already 600MHz as well as any others.
That doesn't make much sense... surely the TX unit HDBT output is also limited to 300MHz DV (currently) given the wire rate limit? And most people will use Maestro as HDBT?

I should add, not that it makes any difference for 99% of customers for this unit, as there aren't currently any DV capable projectors! It can be more important for people using HDBT for custom install jobs where it is often used for TVs. I think this unit is going to be most interesting to projector users. More interesting will be evaluation of the 18G 4K60Hz performance.

In any case I've updated the top post and added some useful links to bits of information. I can't work out how to direct link to the downloads tab; what I tried didn't seem to work in my browser. If you have a direct link that works let me know and I'll stick it up there.
post #71 of 423 Old 12-13-2018, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That doesn't make much sense... surely the TX unit HDBT output is also limited to 300MHz DV (currently) given the wire rate limit? And most people will use Maestro as HDBT?

I should add, not that it makes any difference for 99% of customers for this unit, as there aren't currently any DV capable projectors! It can be more important for people using HDBT for custom install jobs where it is often used for TVs. I think this unit is going to be most interesting to projector users. More interesting will be evaluation of the 18G 4K60Hz performance.

In any case I've updated the top post and added some useful links to bits of information. I can't work out how to direct link to the downloads tab; what I tried didn't seem to work in my browser. If you have a direct link that works let me know and I'll stick it up there.

First, HDBT output is not limited to 300MHz since you can pass thru HDR/HLG/HDR10+/LLDV at 18Gbps. It's the way how DV works that make it impossible to pass thru at 600MHz and this might change in the future.
What is reported is the current state not what future would or could be. At some point, many months ago, Vertex wasn't working for LLDV and as you know, it works perfectly now.

Second, I was talking about HDMI output, the TX HDMI output will give you DV at 600MHz while also full HDMI audio for any AVR at 720/1080p, since this is a major feature for many and since what counts at the end is that you have signal output thru HDMI output what I wrote above remains true and correct, TX supports DV at 600MHz, just like Vertex or Integral2 does. The limitation is only at RX output for DV as I wrote it. I think this is pretty clear from what I wrote since the beginning and pretty clear from the product page specs.

You cannot link directly to download tab, you have to go thru product page first.

post #72 of 423 Old 12-19-2018, 06:22 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
@HDfury - Realizing you're somewhat restricted in what you can say about how you guys are handling 4K60 over HDBaseT, can you comment on how your implementation compares with how Crestron is doing it? From Crestron's page for one of their new 4K60 capable products:

Quote:
DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
So they're using some form of compression to handle 4K60 over HDBaseT (DigitalMedia is their customized version of HDBaseT; many of their DigitalMedia products can be used interchangeably with other HDBaseT products).

One notable difference between Maestro and Crestron is that Crestron makes no mention of Dolby Vision support, but that's not critical for my needs as I primarily need this for my HTPC where Dolby Vision support isn't currently possible. Crestron also doesn't support DSD audio (from SACDs) - do the HDFury products, including the Maestro's HDBaseT output, support DSD audio?

Given the cost of the Maestro, I'm trying to decide if I should suck it up and upgrade my Crestron gear to support 4K60 or go with the Maestro. The final cost after selling off the Crestron pieces that would get replaced if I upgrade the Crestron gear wouldn't be radically different. But I want to decide while the discount is still available on the Maestro.

If the TX had at least 3 HDBaseT outputs, the decision would be really easy as I'd just replace the Crestron with the Maestro.
bobof likes this.

Last edited by gsr; 12-19-2018 at 06:47 AM.
post #73 of 423 Old 12-19-2018, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
@HDfury - Realizing you're somewhat restricted in what you can say about how you guys are handling 4K60 over HDBaseT, can you comment on how your implementation compares with how Crestron is doing it? From Crestron's page for one of their new 4K60 capable products:

So they're using some form of compression to handle 4K60 over HDBaseT (DigitalMedia is their customized version of HDBaseT; many of their DigitalMedia products can be used interchangeably with other HDBaseT products).

One notable difference between Maestro and Crestron is that Crestron makes no mention of Dolby Vision support, but that's not critical for my needs as I primarily need this for my HTPC where Dolby Vision support isn't currently possible. Crestron also doesn't support DSD audio (from SACDs) - do the HDFury products, including the Maestro's HDBaseT output, support DSD audio?

Given the cost of the Maestro, I'm trying to decide if I should suck it up and upgrade my Crestron gear to support 4K60 or go with the Maestro. The final cost after selling off the Crestron pieces that would get replaced if I upgrade the Crestron gear wouldn't be radically different. But I want to decide while the discount is still available on the Maestro.

If the TX had at least 3 HDBaseT outputs, the decision would be really easy as I'd just replace the Crestron with the Maestro.

Yes signal manipulation or compressing are the 2 current ways, we have a third. It might be a mix of both and something else or something else mixed with one of these existing ways or just something else.
Even if I wanted to answer it, i could not since I have no idea myself, it's a devs secret, they don't want to explain anything until someone comes out with similar solution.
So please stop asking for it as i cannot help on that, at least not now. But if you hear of new solution/tech popping up for 4K HDR over HDBT, then let us know in the thread, that I can ask Devs to check and they will happily confirm if its their way too or not.

We will let people post what they think of our solution compared to others once device ships.

post #74 of 423 Old 12-19-2018, 11:30 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Yes signal manipulation or compressing are the 2 current ways, we have a third. It might be a mix of both and something else or something else mixed with one of these existing ways or just something else.
Even if I wanted to answer it, i could not since I have no idea myself, it's a devs secret, they don't want to explain anything until someone comes out with similar solution.
So please stop asking for it as i cannot help on that, at least not now. But if you hear of new solution/tech popping up for 4K HDR over HDBT, then let us know in the thread, that I can ask Devs to check and they will happily confirm if its their way too or not.

We will let people post what they think of our solution compared to others once device ships.
My question was more along the lines of what the supported capability matrix looks like between Crestron and HDFury and whether your implementation would have advantages in regards to things like better picture quality, better sync (fewer random HDMI handshakes), etc. I'm not trying to get you to reveal any trade secrets - I really don't care how you're doing it. But when spending around $1000, I'd prefer to make a somewhat informed decision when there are a couple of options available.

You also didn't answer my question about support for DSD audio; surely that is something that can be answered.
post #75 of 423 Old 12-19-2018, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My question was more along the lines of what the supported capability matrix looks like between Crestron and HDFury and whether your implementation would have advantages in regards to things like better picture quality, better sync (fewer random HDMI handshakes), etc. I'm not trying to get you to reveal any trade secrets - I really don't care how you're doing it. But when spending around $1000, I'd prefer to make a somewhat informed decision when there are a couple of options available.

You also didn't answer my question about support for DSD audio; surely that is something that can be answered.

Sorry but how can we know how their products picture quality looks like, how their products sync with others, etc...
Maestro is based on Vertex with more features and more improvements, you actually have a Vertex chipset and others on both TX and RX devices.
So Maestro sync as fast as Vertex and can now autoswitch even ATV4K or X1X or any source continuously sending +5v via TMDS switching which is something Vertex cannot do currently.
Picture quality is also same as Vertex.

Price is 899$ currently.

For DSD, if it's supported by Vertex, then it will be supported by Maestro too.
If not yet, then it can be added (assuming it's just edid signaling or similar)

post #76 of 423 Old 12-19-2018, 04:15 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Sorry but how can we know how their products picture quality looks like, how their products sync with others, etc...
Maestro is based on Vertex with more features and more improvements, you actually have a Vertex chipset and others on both TX and RX devices.
So Maestro sync as fast as Vertex and can now autoswitch even ATV4K or X1X or any source continuously sending +5v via TMDS switching which is something Vertex cannot do currently.
Picture quality is also same as Vertex.

Price is 899$ currently.

For DSD, if it's supported by Vertex, then it will be supported by Maestro too.
If not yet, then it can be added (assuming it's just edid signaling or similar)
My questions have been specific to the HDBaseT output. Saying the Maestro is the same as the Vertex for these questions concerns me a bit given that we do know that there's a limitation (at least for now) in regards to Dolby Vision at 4K60 on the TX HDBaseT output, but not on the TX HDMI output. If you or your devs have some knowledge of the DSC functionality (based on their description, it sounds like this is a standard feature supported by the Valens chipset) that Crestron is using, it's possible you guys might have some insight as to whether the solution you're using has the potential for better results or not.

Crestron's HDBaseT based products do NOT support DSD audio, so the question was asked as I'm not clear if it's a Valens chipset limitation or a Crestron implementation limitation. So even if the Vertex does support DSD audio, it isn't definitive from my point of view that the Maestro will also support it on the HDBaseT output.

Yes, I'm aware of the 10% discount - I was talking about MSRP as AVS typically doesn't allow discussion of discounts, but either way this isn't a small purchase. I'm sorry if you find these questions annoying.
post #77 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My questions have been specific to the HDBaseT output. Saying the Maestro is the same as the Vertex for these questions concerns me a bit given that we do know that there's a limitation (at least for now) in regards to Dolby Vision at 4K60 on the TX HDBaseT output, but not on the TX HDMI output. If you or your devs have some knowledge of the DSC functionality (based on their description, it sounds like this is a standard feature supported by the Valens chipset) that Crestron is using, it's possible you guys might have some insight as to whether the solution you're using has the potential for better results or not.

Crestron's HDBaseT based products do NOT support DSD audio, so the question was asked as I'm not clear if it's a Valens chipset limitation or a Crestron implementation limitation. So even if the Vertex does support DSD audio, it isn't definitive from my point of view that the Maestro will also support it on the HDBaseT output.

Yes, I'm aware of the 10% discount - I was talking about MSRP as AVS typically doesn't allow discussion of discounts, but either way this isn't a small purchase. I'm sorry if you find these questions annoying.

As far as I know, DSC is lattice/valens compression, it is good but only usable for 4K60 600MHz, no support for HDR. Not sure if that is still the case today, at least it was the case until recently, anyway, we are not using something like that, we are not doing it like anyone else is doing it.
We are doing it our own way. May be DSD fails via DSC for the same reason than HDR fails on it, not sure yet, we don't have any such music and/or player atm. We would need such player and such content to run test, and this can be done if we have enough requests for it. Otherwise, just wait till someone test it and report back.
To make it clear again in case someone missed it, we would not be there doing a HDBT solution if we didn't have something never seen before in this field.

I don't find the questions annoying, but a good part of the question cannot be answered as I explained.

Yes, it's a budget, but on the market you have point to point solution for 4K HDR over HDBT at 18Gbps for 1000$ already, without any extra inputs (just 1 in/1out), without audio out, without scaler, without TMDS switching, without OLED, without Webserver, etc...
so at the end, if you compare carefully what can be compared, there is no competition on price, what you got for the money here is unbeatable.

post #78 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 06:41 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
May be DSD fails via DSC for the same reason than HDR fails on it, not sure yet, we don't have any such music and/or player atm. We would need such player and such content to run test, and this can be done if we have enough requests for it. Otherwise, just wait till someone test it and report back.
HDR is apparently supported now with DSC as Crestron is claiming HDR support.

For DSD, I thought you guys had at least one Oppo player in your possession. If you do have any of their Bluray players (BDP-83, BDP-93, BDP-95, BDP-103, BDP-105, UDP-203, or UDP-205) then you have a player that's capable of DSD playback over HDMI. If you don't have any SACD's on hand, sample files that the Oppo players can play via a USB drive or network share can be downloaded from a number of sources, such as:

https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx
http://www.2l.no/hires/
post #79 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HDR is apparently supported now with DSC as Crestron is claiming HDR support.

For DSD, I thought you guys had at least one Oppo player in your possession. If you do have any of their Bluray players (BDP-83, BDP-93, BDP-95, BDP-103, BDP-105, UDP-203, or UDP-205) then you have a player that's capable of DSD playback over HDMI. If you don't have any SACD's on hand, sample files that the Oppo players can play via a USB drive or network share can be downloaded from a number of sources, such as:

https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx
http://www.2l.no/hires/

Ok, glad to see they finally support HDR.
Yes we have oppo players, thanx for the sample file, will try it when we have time and report back.

post #80 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 07:38 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Ok, glad to see they finally support HDR.
Yes we have oppo players, thanx for the sample file, will try it when we have time and report back.
When you run the test, make sure the DSD option in the Oppo's setup menu is configured for either DSD which will force DSD output. The other options are Auto and PCM; Auto would rely on EDID feedback and PCM will force a conversion to PCM.
post #81 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

DSD test results

Quote:
When you run the test, make sure the DSD option in the Oppo's setup menu is configured for either DSD which will force DSD output. The other options are Auto and PCM; Auto would rely on EDID feedback and PCM will force a conversion to PCM.
Well noted, will get back to you asap.

EDIT: ok tested, here you go:

First test using Stereo DSD 128 5.6448Mbit/s, set OPPO203 > AVR RX-A2060 direct = AVR doesn't play it. (not sure if it's AVR or OPPO limitation on DSD 128)
Tested same thing with Denon AVR, same results, so it seems may be it's OPPO limitation on DSD 128.

Second test using Stereo DSD 64 2.8224 Mbit/s, set OPPO203 > AVR RX-A2060 = Working.
Third test using same file with OPPO203 > MAESTRO TX > RX > AVR RX-A2060 = Working.

Tried same file and same setup than 3rd test with various signals such as 4K24 4:4:4 8b, 4K24 4:2:2 12b, 4K60 4:4:4 8b, 4K60 4:2:2 12b, etc.. = All Working.

Finally:
Tested Vertex instead of Maestro = Working as well.
Tested AVR-Key = DSD works from audio/video out but not from audio blackframed output.
Tested Integral1 = DSD works as well
Tested Integral2 = DSD works as well
Tested HDfury X4 = Not working
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OPPO-maestro-AVR.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	2499088  
gsr likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-20-2018 at 10:34 AM.
post #82 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool Maestro TX and RX packaging

Here is how Maestro TX and RX will look like in their packaging.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rx1.png
Views:	45
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	2499104   Click image for larger version

Name:	tx1.png
Views:	36
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	2499106  
Manni01 likes this.

post #83 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 11:38 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Well noted, will get back to you asap.

EDIT: ok tested, here you go:

First test using Stereo DSD 128 5.6448Mbit/s, set OPPO203 > AVR RX-A2060 direct = AVR doesn't play it. (not sure if it's AVR or OPPO limitation on DSD 128)
Tested same thing with Denon AVR, same results, so it seems may be it's OPPO limitation on DSD 128.

Second test using Stereo DSD 64 2.8224 Mbit/s, set OPPO203 > AVR RX-A2060 = Working.
Third test using same file with OPPO203 > MAESTRO TX > RX > AVR RX-A2060 = Working.

Tried same file and same setup than 3rd test with various signals such as 4K24 4:4:4 8b, 4K24 4:2:2 12b, 4K60 4:4:4 8b, 4K60 4:2:2 12b, etc.. = All Working.

Finally:
Tested Vertex instead of Maestro = Working as well.
Tested AVR-Key = DSD works from audio/video out but not from audio blackframed output.
Tested Integral1 = DSD works as well
Tested Integral2 = DSD works as well
Tested HDfury X4 = Not working
Thank you! I'll be putting in my Maestro preorder over the weekend.
HDfury likes this.
post #84 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 295
This may seem like a silly question, but in what scenario would a person not purchase these units together? I am not understanding marketing these separately.

Willie
bobof likes this.
post #85 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
This may seem like a silly question, but in what scenario would a person not purchase these units together? I am not understanding marketing these separately.
The only scenario that makes sense to me is where you need the other functionality and are thinking you might need HDBT in the future. In that case you might want to buy the Maestro now without the RX unit, and get the RX later.
post #86 of 423 Old 12-20-2018, 03:55 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Someone who wants a Vertex on steroids might buy only the TX as it does offer features that the Vertex doesn't have, such as 4 inputs instead of 2. Selling the RX separately may seem a bit odd, but the case where someone buys a TX and later decides they want the RX is one case. The other possibility is that HDFury is planning on releasing another version of the TX with more than 1 HDBaseT output, in which case more than 1 RX unit would be needed. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd be thrilled if they released a version of the TX with 3 (or more) HDBaseT outputs with full matrix capabilities. There's really no downside in selling them as separate units other than perhaps a bit of wasted packaging.
HDfury likes this.
post #87 of 423 Old 12-21-2018, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Someone who wants a Vertex on steroids might buy only the TX as it does offer features that the Vertex doesn't have, such as 4 inputs instead of 2. Selling the RX separately may seem a bit odd, but the case where someone buys a TX and later decides they want the RX is one case. The other possibility is that HDFury is planning on releasing another version of the TX with more than 1 HDBaseT output, in which case more than 1 RX unit would be needed. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd be thrilled if they released a version of the TX with 3 (or more) HDBaseT outputs with full matrix capabilities. There's really no downside in selling them as separate units other than perhaps a bit of wasted packaging.
There's another product coming if all you want is a 4 input Vertex, but yes, launching a multiple HDBT-output unit would be another reason to want to buy separate RX units.

I'm still weighing up whether to go for this or not; as my current HDBT solution does work at 18G with HDR (Atlona) and so far I've managed with it without the HDfury enhancements I'm not sure I'll get the value out of it.
post #88 of 423 Old 12-21-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post

Willie
We are offering TX central alone for people who needs multiple inputs, sound extraction, web server/lan control, etc..
Also, there is chance that you can use existing HDBT RX with our TX central. so one who have a RX giving him satisfaction (may be because the equipment connected to it is not 4K/HDR or not 600MHz capable, etc..) but would like to upgrade his TX with more features, he can do it too.

From a production point of view there is 20% more TX done than RX. for these special cases.

post #89 of 423 Old 01-04-2019, 06:49 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

@HDfury - I've been thinking about how to best integrate the Maestro into my existing system with minimal disruption and maximum functionality. The product page indicates that the HDBaseT and HDMI outputs on the TX and RX work in matrix mode. So...

My situation is that my "primary" display, which will be using the HDBaseT output is 4K60 & Dolby Vision capable. My Crestron HDBaseT matrix is currently 4K30 capable and my other displays are 1080P60 capable, but those displays have Crestron HDBaseT receivers that can accept up to 4K30 and handle scaling and frame rate conversion to 1080P60.

Is it possible for you guys to set things up on the Maestro TX such that:

1) All Maestro TX HDMI inputs pass to the Maestro TX HDBaseT output at the original resolution and frame rate, so 4K60 outputs as 4K60, 4K30 outputs as 4K30, 1080P60 outputs as 1080P60, and so on.

2) All Maestro TX HDMI inputs pass to the Maestro TX HDMI output with rules that can minimize what scaling is done and leverage the capabilities of the Crestron gear. This would mean that 4K60 would be output as 1080P60, 4K30 would be output as 4K30, 1080P60 would be output as 1080P60, and so on. So everything 4K30 and below would be untouched and 4K60 would be scaled to 1080P60. Even better would be to output everything at 1080P60 so the Crestron gear wouldn't have to do any scaling or frame rate conversions, but I know your products don't do frame rate conversions which means you wouldn't be able to do 4K30 -> 1080P60.
post #90 of 423 Old 01-04-2019, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury - I've been thinking about how to best integrate the Maestro into my existing system with minimal disruption and maximum functionality. The product page indicates that the HDBaseT and HDMI outputs on the TX and RX work in matrix mode. So...

My situation is that my "primary" display, which will be using the HDBaseT output is 4K60 & Dolby Vision capable. My Crestron HDBaseT matrix is currently 4K30 capable and my other displays are 1080P60 capable, but those displays have Crestron HDBaseT receivers that can accept up to 4K30 and handle scaling and frame rate conversion to 1080P60.

Is it possible for you guys to set things up on the Maestro TX such that:

1) All Maestro TX HDMI inputs pass to the Maestro TX HDBaseT output at the original resolution and frame rate, so 4K60 outputs as 4K60, 4K30 outputs as 4K30, 1080P60 outputs as 1080P60, and so on.

2) All Maestro TX HDMI inputs pass to the Maestro TX HDMI output with rules that can minimize what scaling is done and leverage the capabilities of the Crestron gear. This would mean that 4K60 would be output as 1080P60, 4K30 would be output as 4K30, 1080P60 would be output as 1080P60, and so on. So everything 4K30 and below would be untouched and 4K60 would be scaled to 1080P60. Even better would be to output everything at 1080P60 so the Crestron gear wouldn't have to do any scaling or frame rate conversions, but I know your products don't do frame rate conversions which means you wouldn't be able to do 4K30 -> 1080P60.

Yes of course all of that is possible since it's already possible with Vertex, when running Maestro, it's like 2 Vertex unit connected via HDbaseT
gsr likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page