HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 95Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamar View Post
Thanks for the quick answers!

This leads me to think there’s no real need to force xvYCC scaling. BluRays that have xvYCC encoding would just pass it through. Without HDR conversion, I don’t think there’s a single 4K streaming service using a color space that would benefit from xvYCC scaling (over other non-HDR conversions). Unless I’m just missing something....

—dave

correct, that's why it wasn't yet added, no real need from anyone for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Cool. Ok, I was in custom mode by default, so I put it to AUTOMIX and set the Audio section to Full instead of 5.1 (I assume this is what I should do to get the maximum possible audio performance). With this setup DV totally works, but the audio does not.

For the Arc stuff I set the settings as you mentioned (enable CEC on TV, set DIVA to Audio Processor for Arc) but I get no audio from my MDR-HW700 headphones.

Which settings am I messing up here? I'm not caring too much about Arc (it would be a nice to have really) but the audio not coming out from the AUTOMIX setting is an issue.
Please post your config as attachment.
You might want to select AUDIO OUT instead of full audio, just in case your headphones doesn't support all audio format in existence and possible. (assuming sony headphone is at audio out which you haven't confirmed)

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 08:53 AM
Member
 
pictureplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Re: Harmony IR codes

They never gave me a case #. I hesitate to contact them again so soon. If you want to contact them the correct email is [email protected]. I do not know the exact function of the new codes. I probably would need to try them when they are available in the database. For now I have all the automation I need and my work keeps me from pursuing this this too far right now.

Good Luck,
RH
pictureplus is offline  
post #273 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 567
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobotoPlus View Post
Yea please. The Sony one clips all the highlights

Will upload it over the week end

.
Any news on this?

LG OLED 55 B7v | LG SK10Y Soundbar | Samsung 55KS8000 | LG Plasma 50PZ550 | i1D3 OEM | Calman Enthusiast
MrRobotoPlus is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #274 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 02:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 33
TX1 reporting 4K

EDIT: see my follow-up post, I found the explanation...

@HDfury ,

Hi, the "VIDEO TX1" field on the Webserver INFO page reports the same 4K info as for the "VIDEO TX0" field instead of the downscaled info (see attached config. export).

Your feedback please,

W.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-5_21_2019.txt (9.5 KB, 9 views)

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10); AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)

Last edited by Walky; 05-21-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Walky is offline  
post #275 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury ,

Hi, the "VIDEO TX1" field on the Webserver INFO page reports the same 4K info as for the "VIDEO TX0" field instead of the downscaled info (see attached config. export).

Your feedback please,

W.
@HDfury ,

I just figured-out what was going on: since I had checked the "Rx Video Info" box on the OSD tab, it was simply displaying the same input info in both Video TX0 and TX1 fields!

I really think that you should display RX and TX info in their own separate fields, instead of replacing TX with RX, especially when the title of that field is static on the Webserver's Info page.

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10); AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
Walky is offline  
post #276 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobotoPlus View Post
Any news on this?

Will do when I have any free time, send email if you want it mailed to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
EDIT: see my follow-up post, I found the explanation...

@HDfury,

Hi, the "VIDEO TX1" field on the Webserver INFO page reports the same 4K info as for the "VIDEO TX0" field instead of the downscaled info (see attached config. export).

Your feedback please,

W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury,

I just figured-out what was going on: since I had checked the "Rx Video Info" box on the OSD tab, it was simply displaying the same input info in both Video TX0 and TX1 fields!

I really think that you should display RX and TX info in their own separate fields, instead of replacing TX with RX, especially when the title of that field is static on the Webserver's Info page.

W.

Yes, please keep such suggestions in a list and publish once we are done with urgent fix (same for anyone with improvement, slight change or feature suggestions), there is mandatory update coming out in next hours (or may be couple of days)
We have to first build rock solid base fw for everyone to have perfect operation, since the units sold well so far, there is a large number of users already and we have to solve many specific cases first.
Walky likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #277 of 486 Old 05-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Member
 
roemerj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Greensburg, Pa., USA
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureplus View Post
Re: Harmony IR codes

They never gave me a case #. I hesitate to contact them again so soon. If you want to contact them the correct email is [email protected]. I do not know the exact function of the new codes. I probably would need to try them when they are available in the database. For now I have all the automation I need and my work keeps me from pursuing this this too far right now.

Good Luck,
RH
Thankyou, I got my answer above. The new codes added 5/19 implement the functionality of the RS232 command: #diva set insel tx0 tx1
The IR switching codes diva_inputsel0 … diva_inputsel3 implement the RS232 command #diva set insel tx0 4. Thanks to you I was able to test this on my Harmony with Diva.


Regards,


Jim

Last edited by roemerj; 05-22-2019 at 05:51 PM.
roemerj is offline  
post #278 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 03:31 AM
Member
 
DrTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please post your config as attachment.
You might want to select AUDIO OUT instead of full audio, just in case your headphones doesn't support all audio format in existence and possible. (assuming sony headphone is at audio out which you haven't confirmed)
I also tried to set it to Audio out as I thought what you mentioned might be the case, but that also had no effect and no audio.

Sorry, yes at the Audio Out is the Sony headphones via HDMI.

Here's my config (note: this is taken not in the chain due to distance so it won't read rx or tx info).

DIVA-CONFIG-22_05_2019.txt
DrTim is offline  
post #279 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 03:41 AM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
3. INTENSITY value from 0 to 31 for R/G/B is available in TOOLS section [called: LED ELEMENT GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION (applies to all LEDS], if you prefer a slider we can do it, but more likely having exact digit is easier to remember than remembering a slider position, but can more likely have slider + value, i'll check. (if I forget this one, remember me later, not immediate priority as you can understand)
4. INTENSITY adjustment for each side > ok that's new, tell me more please : do we really need UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT or just LEFT/RIGHT here ?

After using Diva with the ambilight feature for a few days, the request for Intensity adjustments for each side makes some sense. Let me explain.


If a TV is wall mounted, it probably has the same distance between each side and the wall. No need to individual Intensity adjustments.
In my case (and possibly others) my TV is on a stand in the corner of my living room. As a result, one side is closer to the wall and the bottom of the TV is resting on the stand. So, I get brighter ambilight on the top and one side.
The ability to tune the intensity for each segment (Top, Left, Bottom, Right) would be useful.


On idea - leave the present LED GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION as is - it is nice to be able to adjust the overall "color" balance of all the Leds. I prefer the numbers rather than a slider.
Add 4 new fields - Top, Bottom, Left, Right with a single adjustment for Intensity for each segment of Leds.
JGrana is offline  
post #280 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
I also tried to set it to Audio out as I thought what you mentioned might be the case, but that also had no effect and no audio.

Sorry, yes at the Audio Out is the Sony headphones via HDMI.

Here's my config (note: this is taken not in the chain due to distance so it won't read rx or tx info).

Attachment 2570010

Hi Tim,


Please try this version and let me know how it goes:


https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen.../DIVA-test.bin


Please note that you can use LAN to USB, if there is no LAN network available close to Diva, so it's like USB to RJ45.


I saw on that config that you have set CEC for Audio system w/ARC, in this case, make sure sony headphone is not connected to TV (assuming it is declared and capable of CEC/ARC too).
Try first without ARC (default setting), just for testing HDMI sound, if that works then activate ARC and restart TV and Diva, and if you lose sound again, it prolly means your TV never release ARC ,then adjust HDMI or ARC sound as you want it from CEC page in webserver.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #281 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 06:29 AM
Member
 
DrTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi Tim,


Please try this version and let me know how it goes:


https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen.../DIVA-test.bin


Please note that you can use LAN to USB, if there is no LAN network available close to Diva, so it's like USB to RJ45.


I saw on that config that you have set CEC for Audio system w/ARC, in this case, make sure sony headphone is not connected to TV (assuming it is declared and capable of CEC/ARC too).
Try first without ARC (default setting), just for testing HDMI sound, if that works then activate ARC and restart TV and Diva, and if you lose sound again, it prolly means your TV never release ARC ,then adjust HDMI or ARC sound as you want it from CEC page in webserver.
Sweet. Thanks for that. Will try this out when I get home from work tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you mean by "LAN to USB"? You mean use an adapter or a hybrid cable to plug a USB male to LAN male cable into the Diva? If so what would I then connect the Diva to? A PC?

The headphones are not directly connected to the TV, only to the DIVA directly via the Audio Processor HDMI In, and the AVR via the HDMI OUT. Cool, will try all of that as well.
DrTim is offline  
post #282 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Sweet. Thanks for that. Will try this out when I get home from work tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you mean by "LAN to USB"? You mean use an adapter or a hybrid cable to plug a USB male to LAN male cable into the Diva? If so what would I then connect the Diva to? A PC?

The headphones are not directly connected to the TV, only to the DIVA directly via the Audio Processor HDMI In, and the AVR via the HDMI OUT. Cool, will try all of that as well.
Yes any computer will then have local network with diva and web server would become available, I think such USB > LAN cost like 10 or 15$. of course you can also connect Diva to a Wifi router and then use your android/iOS device or any computer with Wifi.


So AVR at TX1 out or TX0 ? and sony headphone at audio out ?
so same question for AVR, is it connected to TV ?

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-22-2019 at 09:30 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #283 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2179 Post(s)
Liked: 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Sweet. Thanks for that. Will try this out when I get home from work tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you mean by "LAN to USB"? You mean use an adapter or a hybrid cable to plug a USB male to LAN male cable into the Diva? If so what would I then connect the Diva to? A PC?

The headphones are not directly connected to the TV, only to the DIVA directly via the Audio Processor HDMI In, and the AVR via the HDMI OUT. Cool, will try all of that as well.
It might be worth testing without the Audio Processor to see if it is the issue. Connect the HDMI audio out directly to an AVR HDMI input.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral
claw is offline  
post #284 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
EDID uploading issue from MAC/iOS

There is an issue in EDID upload process from MAC/iOS device, corrected on next update available shortly

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #285 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Member
 
diamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

My Diva no longer seems to output sound from either TX1 or the Audio Out port. It was doing so perfectly before, but something I did in configuration seems to have stopped it. I tried resetting to Factory settings, and still can’t figure it out. The Info tab shows that it has sound, and I tried multiple input devices, multiple cables, and multiple output formats. Is it possible that sound got borked in the latest FW update?


EDIT: You can ignore this post. Rather than just delete it, I thought I’d explain that I think my problems were due to odd behavior arising from ARC (which I wasn’t trying to use anyway, but seemed to have been stuck on even through it was turned off...another reboot after turning it off seems to have fixed it).

Last edited by diamar; 05-22-2019 at 12:50 PM.
diamar is offline  
post #286 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Member
 
DrTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes any computer will then have local network with diva and web server would become available, I think such USB > LAN cost like 10 or 15$. of course you can also connect Diva to a Wifi router and then use your android/iOS device or any computer with Wifi.


So AVR at TX1 out or TX0 ? and sony headphone at audio out ?
so same question for AVR, is it connected to TV ?
Ah ok. That's cool! I'll look into that. Currently I am connecting to the Diva via my iOS device once I plug the Diva into my wifi modem/router with a LAN cable. On a side note relating to that, the export function didn't work in iOS and I had to connect via a computer in order to get the export txt file.

My full chain in detail is:

ATV 4K > DIVA HDMI 0 > DIVA HDMI TX0 > LG C7 65 HDMI 2 (only HDMI with ARC)
---------------------------> DIVA HDMI AUDIO OUT > SONY MDR-HW700DS > SONY MDR-HW700DS HDMI OUT > DENNON X520BT

So the AVR is connected via the pass through of the Sony Audio Processor HDMI out. Not directly connected to the TV at all. With CEC enabled on the TV the ATV and TV turn off together when one or the other is shut off.

Will update one I've tested your previous suggestions.
DrTim is offline  
post #287 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamar View Post
Hi,

My Diva no longer seems to output sound from either TX1 or the Audio Out port. It was doing so perfectly before, but something I did in configuration seems to have stopped it. I tried resetting to Factory settings, and still can’t figure it out. The Info tab shows that it has sound, and I tried multiple input devices, multiple cables, and multiple output formats. Is it possible that sound got borked in the latest FW update?


EDIT: You can ignore this post. Rather than just delete it, I thought I’d explain that I think my problems were due to odd behavior arising from ARC (which I wasn’t trying to use anyway, but seemed to have been stuck on even through it was turned off...another reboot after turning it off seems to have fixed it).

Ok, anyway, you can try the test firmware I posted above until new one comes out officially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Ah ok. That's cool! I'll look into that. Currently I am connecting to the Diva via my iOS device once I plug the Diva into my wifi modem/router with a LAN cable. On a side note relating to that, the export function didn't work in iOS and I had to connect via a computer in order to get the export txt file.

My full chain in detail is:

ATV 4K > DIVA HDMI 0 > DIVA HDMI TX0 > LG C7 65 HDMI 2 (only HDMI with ARC)
---------------------------> DIVA HDMI AUDIO OUT > SONY MDR-HW700DS > SONY MDR-HW700DS HDMI OUT > DENNON X520BT

So the AVR is connected via the pass through of the Sony Audio Processor HDMI out. Not directly connected to the TV at all. With CEC enabled on the TV the ATV and TV turn off together when one or the other is shut off.



Will update one I've tested your previous suggestions.

Which iOS version and device do you use ?


Try with the test firmware and let me know, if problem, try removing Sony from the chain and see if AVR get sound, you can also try from TX1 out see if it changes anything.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #288 of 486 Old 05-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Member
 
diamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm definitely having troubles without Sound output from the Diva. I've loaded the test firmware posted earlier (it shows as 0.33.0.9 in the web interface).

The configuration that doesn't seem to work has an XboxOne connected to Diva input 1. Audio output from the Diva goes to my Lyngdorf MP-50 processor, and tx0 goes directly to my Sony projector. The Info tabs shows sound active on the input port and all output ports (bitstream output shows on all 3). I've got CEC/ARC off everywhere. The Lyngdorf doesn't think it's got audio or video signal (it should presumably just have an audio signal coming from the Diva Sound HDMI port).

To make sure I'm not crazy, I tried the SPDIF output, and that works fine. Somehow, it's just not producing sound on HDMI audio output.
diamar is offline  
post #289 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 01:47 AM
Member
 
DrTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok, anyway, you can try the test firmware I posted above until new one comes out officially.




Which iOS version and device do you use ?


Try with the test firmware and let me know, if problem, try removing Sony from the chain and see if AVR get sound, you can also try from TX1 out see if it changes anything.
Ok, fixed it. It was the AUDIO OUT from the Diva that wasn't working properly. The Sony is now connected to the TX1 1080p output and the audio mode is set to FULL and is all good 👌 I didn't update the firmware as I wanted to check this config first. The ARC is still not coming through, but I honestly don't care enough to keep at it. I only have Netflix to run from the TV, but running it from the ATV is great.

I'll usage the firmware if there's an official release but for now everything is gravy 😁

Thanks heaps for the help ✌️
DrTim is offline  
post #290 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamar View Post
I'm definitely having troubles without Sound output from the Diva. I've loaded the test firmware posted earlier (it shows as 0.33.0.9 in the web interface).

The configuration that doesn't seem to work has an XboxOne connected to Diva input 1. Audio output from the Diva goes to my Lyngdorf MP-50 processor, and tx0 goes directly to my Sony projector. The Info tabs shows sound active on the input port and all output ports (bitstream output shows on all 3). I've got CEC/ARC off everywhere. The Lyngdorf doesn't think it's got audio or video signal (it should presumably just have an audio signal coming from the Diva Sound HDMI port).

To make sure I'm not crazy, I tried the SPDIF output, and that works fine. Somehow, it's just not producing sound on HDMI audio output.

I need your config export when you do not have sound from hdmi audio out please add it as attachment.
Note that in HDMI you cannot just send an audio signal there is always a video signal to carry audio.
Anyway, please send config export, we will find the issue and fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Ok, fixed it. It was the AUDIO OUT from the Diva that wasn't working properly. The Sony is now connected to the TX1 1080p output and the audio mode is set to FULL and is all good 👌 I didn't update the firmware as I wanted to check this config first. The ARC is still not coming through, but I honestly don't care enough to keep at it. I only have Netflix to run from the TV, but running it from the ATV is great.

I'll usage the firmware if there's an official release but for now everything is gravy 😁

Thanks heaps for the help ✌️

ARC won't go to TX1 only to Audio out.
Yes new official update is coming shortly and will be mandatory

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #291 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 04:33 AM
Member
 
DrTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
ARC won't go to TX1 only to Audio out.
Yes new official update is coming shortly and will be mandatory
Ah ok. Cool will get it when it's out soon then! Any thoughts on why the Audio Out was not working in that case as I'd like to use it if it's preferred for more audio options (I tried it with ARC disabled and it still didn't have audio coming to headphones)?
DrTim is offline  
post #292 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Ah ok. Cool will get it when it's out soon then! Any thoughts on why the Audio Out was not working in that case as I'd like to use it if it's preferred for more audio options (I tried it with ARC disabled and it still didn't have audio coming to headphones)?

Don't know exactly as it is older firmware and we already made lot of new additions and more to come, so try test fw I posted (which have a few new additions) or wait official one (who will have even more)
we are fixing everything that people is reporting those days, so each day it becomes stronger, a week or so and everybody should be perfectly fine.


It is important to get config export when it fails and better if config export is made while everything is connected.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #293 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 05:41 AM
Member
 
DrTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Don't know exactly as it is older firmware and we already made lot of new additions and more to come, so try test fw I posted (which have a few new additions) or wait official one (who will have even more)
we are fixing everything that people is reporting those days, so each day it becomes stronger, a week or so and everybody should be perfectly fine.


It is important to get config export when it fails and better if config export is made while everything is connected.
Awesome! Bloody great to hear. Will just wait for official. Thanks heaps again!
DrTim is offline  
post #294 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 12:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Austria
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
My Diva arrived today, thank you very much.

I just needed it for 4K HDR => HD SDR Conversion for an Ambilight system, so all other features were deactivated. Works fine for me until now. At the moment I am using the preorder bonus LED stripe, which looks good in principle, but is a little weak due to a total LED amount of only 56pcs. It's okay for testing, but for the future i will go for a brighter one.
Nemesis200SX is offline  
post #295 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis200SX View Post
At the moment I am using the preorder bonus LED stripe, which looks good in principle, but is a little weak due to a total LED amount of only 56pcs. It's okay for testing, but for the future i will go for a brighter one.

FYI, I ordered an extra LED strip in case I needed more brightness. I'll let everyone know how that goes when I get everything plugged in. I believe that hdfury mentioned that they'd be offering 112 LED strips at some point so hopefully that will be a better option for you.
tenzingnorgay is offline  
post #296 of 486 Old 05-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Austria
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
how du you tell DIVA that there are more than 56 LEDs? I don't find anything in the configuration menu to change the LED amount.
Nemesis200SX is offline  
post #297 of 486 Old 05-24-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis200SX View Post
how du you tell DIVA that there are more than 56 LEDs? I don't find anything in the configuration menu to change the LED amount.

You cannot change led amount, Diva only works with our ledstrip, you can connect 1x56, 2x56 (double intensity) or 1x112 (112 version not yet available)
There is options for more leds like 3x56 with inner led taking inner colors, outer led, outer colors, etc... but all that is at dev stage currently.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-24-2019 at 07:20 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #298 of 486 Old 05-24-2019, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Jeroen1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 23
@HDfury Got my Diva today as well. Needles to say, I started tinkering immediately.


And behold, got a requests already

1)Can Diva identify the type of audio? It just says bitstream but I want to know what: DTS, DD, DD+,...
Is this possible to add?

2) ATV4K => input 0 DIVA.
Audio out DIVA => Soundbar HDMI IN

The Apple TV sends CEC-ON and CEC-OFF commands when you power it ON and OFF respectively. I would like the option to forward those CEC-commands to Diva's audio out and so forth to the Soundbar connected to this audio out.
The Soundbar will not select its correct audio input output if I power it on with a remote. It requires a CEC command for this.

Can you please consider implementing this?

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.

Last edited by Jeroen1000; 05-25-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Jeroen1000 is offline  
post #299 of 486 Old 05-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Member
 
pictureplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by roemerj View Post
Thankyou, I got my answer above. The new codes added 5/19 implement the functionality of the RS232 command: #diva set insel tx0 tx1
The IR switching codes diva_inputsel0 … diva_inputsel3 implement the RS232 command #diva set insel tx0 4. Thanks to you I was able to test this on my Harmony with Diva.


Regards,


Jim
I was curious how you could implement the commands with your Harmony when the codes were not in the Harmony Diva database yet. I am not an expert so anything I can find out would be helpful.
Thanks,
Richard
pictureplus is offline  
post #300 of 486 Old 05-25-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4090 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
@HDfury Got my Diva today as well. Needles to say, I started tinkering immediately.

And behold, got a requests already

1)Can Diva identify the type of audio? It just says bitstream but I want to know what: DTS, DD, DD+,...
Is this possible to add?

2) ATV4K => input 0 DIVA.
Audio out DIVA => Soundbar HDMI IN

The Apple TV sends CEC-ON and CEC-OFF commands when you power it ON and OFF respectively. I would like the option to forward those CEC-commands to Diva's audio out and so forth to the Soundbar connected to this audio out.
The Soundbar will not select its correct audio input output if I power it on with a remote. It requires a CEC command for this.

Can you please consider implementing this?

1) Normally you need expensive dolby license to decode and know audio format, however there is a possible trick here since Diva have FPGA, but that is not yet implemented, for the moment, we cannot give more accurate info on audio format (same for Vertex or Integral2 or any of our devices currently)
There is a good chance we can add such feature in the future but for the moment, it's not the right time for that, we are still working on building strong fw by fixing customer issues, so at the moment, we only consider bug report. Please keep this suggestion for in a week or two.


2) No, that's clearly a misunderstanding on how CEC works, the only way to have that working is by connecting your soundbar output to your TV, since TV is root and a device with several output only have one master CEC out and Diva Master CEC is TX0 not Audio out. so TV can see Diva and everything connected at input, TV cannot see what is at Diva output since CEC does not work like this, it's a kind of reverse tree, TV is root and all fall down from there.
In case you connect soundbar to your TV, then Diva cannot be set as audio system under CEC anymore. so you lose ARC extraction feature by doing this (still perfectly fine for eARC since eARC solves all this)
Other option is to make a translation CEC > IR, when Diva get CEC commands from ATV or TV, it can send command to IR out, so you can stick a IR TX on sound bar IR eye/window. this is something we are considering but not yet implemented cause as explained previously, currently we are not in a new features adding stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureplus View Post
I was curious how you could implement the commands with your Harmony when the codes were not in the Harmony Diva database yet. I am not an expert so anything I can find out would be helpful.
Thanks,
Richard
You can email any code to harmony and they will add to your account (privately, or publicly), that's part of their service for their customers and they do it very well.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off