HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 142Likes

post #301 of 815 Old 05-25-2019, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
1) Normally you need expensive dolby license to decode and know audio format, however there is a possible trick here since Diva have FPGA, but that is not yet implemented, for the moment, we cannot give more accurate info on audio format (same for Vertex or Integral2 or any of our devices currently)
There is a good chance we can add such feature in the future but for the moment, it's not the right time for that, we are still working on building strong fw by fixing customer issues, so at the moment, we only consider bug report. Please keep this suggestion for in a week or two.
Thank you I'll keep my feature in mind!
Quote:

2) No, that's clearly a misunderstanding on how CEC works, the only way to have that working is by connecting your soundbar output to your TV, since TV is root and a device with several output only have one master CEC out and Diva Master CEC is TX0 not Audio out. so TV can see Diva and everything connected at input, TV cannot see what is at Diva output since CEC does not work like this, it's a kind of reverse tree, TV is root and all fall down from there.
In case you connect soundbar to your TV, then Diva cannot be set as audio system under CEC anymore. so you lose ARC extraction feature by doing this (still perfectly fine for eARC since eARC solves all this)
Other option is to make a translation CEC > IR, when Diva get CEC commands from ATV or TV, it can send command to IR out, so you can stick a IR TX on sound bar IR eye/window. this is something we are considering but not yet implemented cause as explained previously, currently we are not in a new features adding stage.

You can email any code to harmony and they will add to your account (privately, or publicly), that's part of their service for their customers and they do it very well.
It might be you are right theoretically, but I have just ran a test proving the opposite (isn't CEC fun).
I connected the ATV to the soundbar's HDMI input. So no HDMI connection between soundbar and TV. When I only power on the ATV, the soundbar also powers on and switches to the correct HDMI input. When I power off the ATV, the soundbar powers off.
This is the expected behaviour.

So it does appear CEC is working without the TV as root device. So I'm betting if you implement CEC passthrough to the audio output of Diva, it will work.

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 815 Old 05-25-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 607 Post(s)
Quoted: 4486 Post(s)
Liked: 1239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
Thank you I'll keep my feature in mind!

It might be you are right theoretically, but I have just ran a test proving the opposite (isn't CEC fun).
I connected the ATV to the soundbar's HDMI input. So no HDMI connection between soundbar and TV. When I only power on the ATV, the soundbar also powers on and switches to the correct HDMI input. When I power off the ATV, the soundbar powers off.
This is the expected behaviour.

So it does appear CEC is working without the TV as root device. So I'm betting if you implement CEC passthrough to the audio output of Diva, it will work.

No that prove nothing except what I was telling you previously, you need to read a bit about CEC, just google CEC whitepaper or something like that and you will understand better.
If you want to prove something opposite, then you would need to take a device with 2 outputs and try to send CEC command out to both devices connected at each output with at least one of them not connected to TV, you would see that it cannot work until both are connected to TV.

a source device who have 1 output, then this output is CEC master, it can transmit CEC command, a source who have 2 outputs or more, only one of them is CEC master so only one of its output can transmit CEC command.
So it's absolutely normal that a source (ATV in your case) connected to another device input (soundbar in your case, and there it can be connected to ANY INPUTS) will work for CEC command.
Just like if you connect source at any diva inputs you can send command to DIVA or to the device connected at Diva CEC master out (TX0) which is usually connected to TV (Root) so command can reach anything else connected at any TV inputs this way (that's why an AVR at audio out must be linked to TV for CEC to reach it)

What you need to understand is not so hard, the only root in CEC is the TV, there cannot be another root. and that root can receive command from any inputs and forward command to any inputs.

A device which is not ROOT/TV in CEC can only have one CEC output on Diva its TX0

I'm not aware of any device where the CEC master output can be changed, in theory, it should be possible with some mux that selects one of the outputs at a time, I guess the word is de-multiplexer, Diva does not have such thing and I'm not aware of any device that have such solution embedded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	howcecworks.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	2571762  

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.
post #303 of 815 Old 05-25-2019, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Diva FW 0.34.0.9

This firmware update IS MANDATORY, if you have any issue, it will be requested that you run at least this Firmware version.
If any issue, please try to describe setup with all equipment brand/model, length of HDMI cable between them and config export when any issue manifest (Webserver > Config > Config Export)
Add config export as attachment in your post.

###### What's new on FW 0.34.0.9 ######

1. EARC + ARC enhancements and stability across new TVs.

2. OSD popups removed when receiving infoframes.

3. Fixed MAC/Iphone EDID sending

4. Added MAC address to webserver and OLED

5. added mDNS option to turn on/off

6. many internal improvements

Direct Link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.34.0.9.zip
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CEC.png
Views:	22
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2571770   Click image for larger version

Name:	MAC.png
Views:	17
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	2571772  

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Time for a DIVA owner's thread?

@Jeroen1000 ,

Since you initiated this anticipation thread, how about doing the same for an "Owner's thread", now that the DIVA is shipping?

You could re-post some or all of what's in the first post.

Thx,

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10) ; - - - - - - - - AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
post #305 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 2370 Post(s)
Liked: 2232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@Jeroen1000 ,

Since you initiated this anticipation thread, how about doing the same for an "Owner's thread", now that the DIVA is shipping?

You could re-post some or all of what's in the first post.

Thx,

W.
What we did with other HDfury product anticipation threads was for the thread starter to send a message to a moderator to ask that the name of the thread be changed from "anticipation" to "owners".

No need to start over.
gsr and Walky like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 05-26-2019 at 09:47 AM.
post #306 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
##### What's new on FW 0.32.0.9 #####
2. Added ARC/HDMI or AUTO force mode on CEC page: This controls the AUDIO OUT source in ARC mode and can help some people to keep the unit from automatically changing depending on TV.
AUTO-setting is as currently, ARC keep ARC on always (relies on AUDIO being routed via TV).
Make sure TV supports all back routed formats, otherwise audio is silent.
HDMI-mode, will enable user to switch to the current HDMI input audio and never switch to ARC (even if ARC is actively streaming).
@HDfury ,

Could you please "optimise" the above option (if possible) by giving us the choice to force the DIVA to release the audio from any Rx to the ARC link when we switch the TV away from the DIVA's input?

To clarify, with AVR switched ON on Audio out:
- DIVA detects that TX0 is inactive / in Stand-by (ie TV on another source)
- option to automatically "force ARC" even though a DIVA Rx is active.

I want the AVR to play the the sound of whatever source I'm watching, even though the DIVA has an input signal.

You'll find attached, 2 configuration files for which the only difference in setting is "AUTO" (no TV sound through AVR) or "ARC" (TV sound through AVR) for the "ARC mode default switching":

- watching TV via the tuner
- media player active on DIVA Rx0
- AVR active on DIVA Audio out

Please note that the ARC connection does not seem optimal (but still works), since the TV reports that no "Anynet+" (Samsung's name for CEC) devices are connected and the volume buttons of the TV do not work on the AVR... seems like ARC without CEC.

I hope you can still draw something useful from my config. files, unless what I am requesting should normally work out of the box!

Running the latest firmware and my AVR's ARC is enabled by activating CEC... so both are on.

Thx,

W.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TV, Auto ARC (HDMI), Rx0 on, ARC discon.-5_26_2019.txt (9.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: txt TV, force ARC, Rx0 on, ARC discon.-5_26_2019.txt (9.5 KB, 3 views)

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10) ; - - - - - - - - AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
post #307 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury,

Could you please "optimise" the above option (if possible) by giving us the choice to force the DIVA to release the audio from any Rx to the ARC link when we switch the TV away from the DIVA's input?

To clarify, with AVR switched ON on Audio out:
- DIVA detects that TX0 is inactive / in Stand-by (ie TV on another source)
- option to automatically "force ARC" even though a DIVA Rx is active.

I want the AVR to play the the sound of whatever source I'm watching, even though the DIVA has an input signal.

You'll find attached, 2 configuration files for which the only difference in setting is "AUTO" (no TV sound through AVR) or "ARC" (TV sound through AVR) for the "ARC mode default switching":

- watching TV via the tuner
- media player active on DIVA Rx0
- AVR active on DIVA Audio out

Please note that the ARC connection does not seem optimal (but still works), since the TV reports that no "Anynet+" (Samsung's name for CEC) devices are connected and the volume buttons of the TV do not work on the AVR... seems like ARC without CEC.

I hope you can still draw something useful from my config. files, unless what I am requesting should normally work out of the box!

Running the latest firmware and my AVR's ARC is enabled by activating CEC... so both are on.
Sorry that is not clear to me, please try to explain better.
You wrote volume buttons of the TV do not work on AVR ??? what are you expecting exactly ? for a TV to see your AVR, you need AVR connected to TV or AVR at Diva input or AVR at TX0 output.
I just exchanged new more posts on this and it was explained before in this thread already. That's just how CEC works, nothing to do with us.
Also you wrote your CEC network does not list any devices, you mean it does not list source at diva inputs ? just disconnect/reconnect cable and restart TV, if you mean it does not see Diva, once again, that's normal, Diva is not a source.

If your TV does not release ARC then you need eARC TV or you need to manually switch mode, that's especially why there is that manual mode selection.

EDIT: ok I think I got your idea, please confirm:
IF TV is on Diva TX0 input > HDMI, if TV is on another input > ARC.
Is that correct ? If yes, then it is possible, but if TV does not turn off the rsense when streaming it won't work or if TV have instant startup or fast switching options, it will fail (assuming option cannot be turned off). so it can may be help for some TV but not all.

The right way if you have a TV that does not release ARC and you still want some automation, would be to take RS232 or IR command and arrange your setup so when for ex, you start UHD BR at Diva input or any source at Diva input, it send command to force HDMI and then command to force ARC when you switch TV input or start streaming, etc.. But we can try to implement your idea, at least you can see if it works for your TV and we can see if others can get it working this way for some TVs.
Walky likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-26-2019 at 12:49 PM.
post #308 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
EDIT: ok I think I got your idea, please confirm:
IF TV is on Diva TX0 input > HDMI, if TV is on another input > ARC.
Is that correct ? If yes, then it is possible, but if TV does not turn off the rsense when streaming it won't work or if TV have instant startup or fast switching options, it will fail (assuming option cannot be turned off). so it can may be help for some TV but not all.
Whew... you scared me until I got to the above "EDIT"! Glad you figured-out what I was trying to explain.

This option would be a good addition I think.

And since certain conditions are required, I think that adding litte information bubbles to the Webserver which would show more details once clicked, could reduce the number of recurring questions by owners.

Quote:
The right way if you have a TV that does not release ARC and you still want some automation, would be to take RS232 or IR command and arrange your setup so when for ex, you start UHD BR at Diva input or any source at Diva input, it send command to force HDMI and then command to force ARC when you switch TV input or start streaming, etc.. But we can try to implement your idea, at least you can see if it works for your TV and we can see if others can get it working this way for some TVs.
The above is an additional way to implement what is available and will certainly be useful.

I thought I was asking for a way to force the DIVA to release the HDMI sound from its inputs, to ARC when switching the TV away from its DIVA input (the opposite side of what you implemented), but you guys have a better understanding of what's going on behind the scenes... so I'll let you figure out what is feasible and can be useful to as mny users as possible.

On another note, when the ARC detection was working correctly (audio to ARC shown in the appropriate DIVA field) some days ago, the DIVA seemed to be instructing the TV audio to switch from my Bluetooth earphones (directly connected to the TV) to the "Receiver" audio output (AVR) everytime I played a video file from my media player (no CEC activated on the latter).

I should mention that the AVR was "off", but since "passthrough" is automatically activated when we enable CEC for ARC on my AVR, I understand that the DIVA saw it as ON.... (hint to a looooong exchange on the Vertex thread).

Is this a behaviour that could be taken into account when looking into the implementations mentioned above?

Thx,

W.

Last edited by Walky; 05-26-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #309 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Whew... you scared me until I got to the above "EDIT"! Glad you figured-out what I was trying to explain.

This option would be a good addition I think.

And since certain conditions are required, I think that adding litte information bubbles to the Webserver which would show more details once clicked, could reduce the number of recurring questions by owners.

Yes sorry, very tired here...
Information bubble: we had idea already, still need some work
Quote:
The above is an additional way to implement what is available and will certainly be useful.

I thought I was asking for a way to force the DIVA to release the HDMI sound from its inputs, to ARC when switching the TV away from its DIVA input (the opposite side of what you implemented), but you guys have a better understanding of what's going on behind the scenes... so I'll let you figure out what is feasible and can be useful to as mny users as possible.

On another note, when the ARC detection was working correctly (audio to ARC shown in the appropriate DIVA field) some days ago, the DIVA seemed to be instructing the TV audio to switch from my Bluetooth earphones (directly connected to the TV) to the "Receiver" audio output (AVR) everytime I played a video file from my media player (no CEC activated on the latter).

I should mention that the AVR was "off", but since "passthrough" is automatically activated when we enable CEC for ARC on my AVR, I understand that the DIVA saw it as ON.... (hint to a looooong exchange on the Vertex thread).

Is this a behaviour that could be taken into account when looking into the implementations mentioned above?

Thx,

W.

OMG well CEC is a nightmare, the only good news is that eARC solves all that.
I need you to detail more the setup when you had this CEC issue, you mean AUDIO RECEIVER OUTPUT, is AVR connected to TV ? please help me a bit to understand.

post #310 of 815 Old 05-26-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
OMG well CEC is a nightmare, the only good news is that eARC solves all that.
I need you to detail more the setup when you had this CEC issue, you mean AUDIO RECEIVER OUTPUT, is AVR connected to TV ? please help me a bit to understand.
Hi,

It just happened again...

Whenever a peripheral with ARC capability (AVR or DIVA in ARC mode) is connected to the TV's HDMI 4 (ARC) input and Anynet+ (Samsung's CEC/ARC) is activated on the TV, a device named "Receiver" appears among the audio output choices.

With the AVR connected directly to the TV (before getting the DIVA), the TV's audio output would sometimes switch to "Receiver" for ARC to work (not always) and using the TV remote to adjust the volume would show that it was acting on the "Receiver" peripheral and the volume on the AVR would change accordingly (also visible on the AVR's display) as per the CEC activation on the devices... but not always!

Current partial configuration:
- DIVA in ARC mode and its Tx0 connected to the TV's HDMI 4 (ARC) input
- AVR's CEC enable to activate ARC (only 1 setting also activating HDMI passthrough) and connected to DIVA's "Audio out"
- media player (CEC disabled) connected to DIVA Rx0

with the AVR supposedly OFF (with passthrough activated), when I connect my Bluetooth earphones to the TV, swich the TV to HDMI 4 (DIVA) and browse around in the media player's interface, I can hear the little sounds it makes, ie Bluetooth output still connected.

As soon as I play a video (even with Stereo audio), the TV's audio output goes to "Recever", cutting out the earphones! I have to go into the audio list and choose my earphones in order to hear the sound again... but Bluetooth is not disconnected.

This happens everytime I stop and start a video, as if a CEC command was being sent to the TV. I tried changing the DIVA's audio output priority on the CEC tab, but it didn't help.

I hope the explanation is clear enough, thx.

W.

Last edited by Walky; 05-26-2019 at 06:31 PM.
post #311 of 815 Old 05-27-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

It just happened again...

Whenever a peripheral with ARC capability (AVR or DIVA in ARC mode) is connected to the TV's HDMI 4 (ARC) input and Anynet+ (Samsung's CEC/ARC) is activated on the TV, a device named "Receiver" appears among the audio output choices.

With the AVR connected directly to the TV (before getting the DIVA), the TV's audio output would sometimes switch to "Receiver" for ARC to work (not always) and using the TV remote to adjust the volume would show that it was acting on the "Receiver" peripheral and the volume on the AVR would change accordingly (also visible on the AVR's display) as per the CEC activation on the devices... but not always!

Current partial configuration:
- DIVA in ARC mode and its Tx0 connected to the TV's HDMI 4 (ARC) input
- AVR's CEC enable to activate ARC (only 1 setting also activating HDMI passthrough) and connected to DIVA's "Audio out"
- media player (CEC disabled) connected to DIVA Rx0

with the AVR supposedly OFF (with passthrough activated), when I connect my Bluetooth earphones to the TV, swich the TV to HDMI 4 (DIVA) and browse around in the media player's interface, I can hear the little sounds it makes, ie Bluetooth output still connected.

As soon as I play a video (even with Stereo audio), the TV's audio output goes to "Recever", cutting out the earphones! I have to go into the audio list and choose my earphones in order to hear the sound again... but Bluetooth is not disconnected.

This happens everytime I stop and start a video, as if a CEC command was being sent to the TV. I tried changing the DIVA's audio output priority on the CEC tab, but it didn't help.

I hope the explanation is clear enough, thx.

W.

Is the AVR output linked to the TV or not ?

post #312 of 815 Old 05-27-2019, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
What we did with other HDfury product anticipation threads was for the thread starter to send a message to a moderator to ask that the name of the thread be changed from "anticipation" to "owners".

No need to start over.

Will take up your suggestion!:-)

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
post #313 of 815 Old 05-27-2019, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Can anyone guide me on how I can build a custom edid? I have a device that always negotiates 720p60 but I want it to negotiate 1080p24 as its first choice. Next 1080p50 if possible. For audio, only DD, DTS and stereo.

Can this be achieved with Diva?

post #314 of 815 Old 05-27-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Is the AVR output linked to the TV or not ?
Hi,

The AVR is not directly linked to the TV:

- AVR "Blueray" input -- linked to DIVA "Audio out"
- AVR "Zone 2" output -- linked to DreamScreen 4K -- linked to TV "HDMI 3" input (non ARC)

Could it be that the DIVA (in ARC mode) - when there is a change in the audio signal - sends an instruction to the TV (in ARC mode) that makes it switch its audio output and volume control to the "Receiver" (ARC) device?

Thx,

W.

post #315 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can anyone guide me on how I can build a custom edid? I have a device that always negotiates 720p60 but I want it to negotiate 1080p24 as its first choice. Next 1080p50 if possible. For audio, only DD, DTS and stereo.

Can this be achieved with Diva?

Any custom EDID can be loaded with Diva, but Diva is not EDID editor, before you go into such thing you should first download hdfury edid collection and see if there is any ready to use EDID that suit your needs in it.

Quote:
Hi,

The AVR is not directly linked to the TV:

- AVR "Blueray" input -- linked to DIVA "Audio out"
- AVR "Zone 2" output -- linked to DreamScreen 4K -- linked to TV "HDMI 3" input (non ARC)

Could it be that the DIVA (in ARC mode) - when there is a change in the audio signal - sends an instruction to the TV (in ARC mode) that makes it switch its audio output and volume control to the "Receiver" (ARC) device?

Thx,

W.

No Diva does not send instruction to your TV, your TV does all that alone.
As long as CEC pass thru is a feature of DreamScreen, then your AVR is connected to your TV and if Diva have CEC/ARC activated, then your TV have 2 audio system in its CEC network and that cannot work and not allowed in CEC.
So it's typical CEC issue here, nothing special. you cannot have 2 audio system to a TV ROOT.

post #316 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Any custom EDID can be loaded with Diva, but Diva is not EDID editor, before you go into such thing you should first download hdfury edid collection and see if there is any ready to use EDID that suit your needs in it.

I took a look already and there isn't one. I'd like to edit the edid captured by Diva to suit my needs. However, I can use some info on how to edit the *.bin files?

post #317 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I took a look already and there isn't one. I'd like to edit the edid captured by Diva to suit my needs. However, I can use some info on how to edit the *.bin files?
You need a software for that, google edid editor, Analog way had one good , not sure if it's updated now, otherwise you will find some others, try to find one that seems suitable for you (not too complex if you begin)

If problem, let me know, we can more likely help, but right now we have some urgent work to do, so if you cannot do it on your own, after Vertex2 release we can do it for you.

post #318 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You need a software for that, google edid editor, Analog way had one good , not sure if it's updated now, otherwise you will find some others, try to find one that seems suitable for you (not too complex if you begin)

If problem, let me know, we can more likely help, but right now we have some urgent work to do, so if you cannot do it on your own, after Vertex2 release we can do it for you.

Thanks for the tip! Found the editor and it works like a charm:-). However, I noticed something unrelated that might be a bug! To be clear, this has nothing to do with my custom edid question.

Setup is very simple: Diva TX 1 => Panasonic TV

Diva RX1 <= WD LIVE TV GEN3

Problem/bug is: Diva sending RGB to Panasonic. Why is isn't it sending YCbCr? It also does this with the Apple TV 4K as source on Diva RX0.
Please see attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RGB_ISSUE.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2572774  

post #319 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Found the editor and it works like a charm:-). However, I noticed something unrelated that might be a bug! To be clear, this has nothing to do with my custom edid question.

Setup is very simple: Diva TX 1 => Panasonic TV

Diva RX1 <= WD LIVE TV GEN3

Problem/bug is: Diva sending RGB to Panasonic. Why is isn't it sending YCbCr? It also does this with the Apple TV 4K as source on Diva RX0.
Please see attached screenshot.
Because this is the output used for HDR>SDR and ambient light, it auto convert to RGB as it's needed for ambient light and HDR>SDR. if you want YCbCr, use TX0

post #320 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Because this is the output used for HDR>SDR and ambient light, it auto convert to RGB as it's needed for ambient light and HDR>SDR. if you want YCbCr, use TX0
I understand. I gather Vertex2 has no such limitation? Is it possible to flash Vertex2 firmware on Diva?

Last edited by Jeroen1000; 05-29-2019 at 02:18 AM.
post #321 of 815 Old 05-28-2019, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 52
ARC <-> HDMI toggle problem

Manually changing between arc and hdmi audio is working, I can actually manually change and the audio will change between hdmi and arc but hdmi is only working in stereo, not 5.1. I have to reboot diva to get 5.1.
Also "audio out" remains saying "from tx0 using arc" when I have actually changed to hdmi. But my actual real issue is only getting stereo audio.

EDIT. After reboot I have 5.1 audio but changing to ARC i get no audio from tv, I have to change to a not used hdmi input on diva and reboot to get audio from ARC. Something messes up between ARC stereo and HDMI multichannel audio.

Manual switching between arc and hdmi is not working correctly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen2.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	2572842   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2572844   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3-after-reboot.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2572852  

Last edited by adolfotregosa; 05-28-2019 at 03:39 PM.
post #322 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I understand. I gather Vertex2 has no such limitation? Is it possible to flash Vertex2 firmware on Diva?

Of course not

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfotregosa View Post
Manually changing between arc and hdmi audio is working, I can actually manually change and the audio will change between hdmi and arc but hdmi is only working in stereo, not 5.1. I have to reboot diva to get 5.1.
Also "audio out" remains saying "from tx0 using arc" when I have actually changed to hdmi. But my actual real issue is only getting stereo audio.

EDIT. After reboot I have 5.1 audio but changing to ARC i get no audio from tv, I have to change to a not used hdmi input on diva and reboot to get audio from ARC. Something messes up between ARC stereo and HDMI multichannel audio.

Manual switching between arc and hdmi is not working correctly.

Is AVR output linked to TV ? If yes, just remove the HDMI connection between them and restart diva and TV. see if same issue.

post #323 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Of course not

Is AVR output linked to TV ? If yes, just remove the HDMI connection between them and restart diva and TV. see if same issue.
Nope, avr is only connected to diva out audio out
post #324 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nope, avr is only connected to diva out audio out
so I guess you have Atmos/DD+ enable correct ? if so, disable it, restart TV and Diva, still same issue ?

Also please confirm AVR brand/model and export config.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-29-2019 at 07:15 AM.
post #325 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
so I guess you have Atmos/DD+ enable correct ? if so, disable it, restart TV and Diva, still same issue ?

Also please confirm AVR brand/model and export config.
Yes, I have it enabled. I'll re-test later today with it disabled and post results.

EDIT: Onkyo tx-nr709 and lg c8
post #326 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 02:20 PM

Alright. It does not work. To have audio from ARC I have to select arc and reboot diva, it will then pass audio to avr stereo only, ok. If I then switch to hdmi and i have 5.1 multichannel audio, on windows I see 5.1 but only front speakers work, is if it was setup like stereo.

If I then reboot diva, 5.1 audio hdmi works but then changing it to ARC I get no audio.

Config attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-29_05_2019.txt (9.6 KB, 4 views)
post #327 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Alright. It does not work. To have audio from ARC I have to select arc and reboot diva, it will then pass audio to avr stereo only, ok. If I then switch to hdmi and i have 5.1 multichannel audio, on windows I see 5.1 but only front speakers work, is if it was setup like stereo.

If I then reboot diva, 5.1 audio hdmi works but then changing it to ARC I get no audio.

Config attached

Wait new firmware and see from there.

Please note that if we take ATV4K / AVR / TV in our lab, no other device involved. on bootup also ARC does not configure properly, repeatable.
It's because AVR doesn't know which channel you are intending to watch ATV or stream, both are active and then AVR seems to guess that ok you want to watch ATV then you heard ATV ok.
But then when you switch to streaming, TV will not issue any info about ARC because TV already negotiated it. so from TV point of view it's already streaming out.
And now you have TV video streaming but AVR I still outputting ATV sound, you can resolve this by selecting a HDMI iput from TV and then go back to streaming.

This is very common and well know in AV, so make sure you are aware. that's also part of the problems that eARC is solving.
DrTim likes this.

post #328 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Wait new firmware and see from there.

Please note that if we take ATV4K / AVR / TV in our lab, no other device involved. on bootup also ARC does not configure properly, repeatable.
It's because AVR doesn't know which channel you are intending to watch ATV or stream, both are active and then AVR seems to guess that ok you want to watch ATV then you heard ATV ok.
But then when you switch to streaming, TV will not issue any info about ARC because TV already negotiated it. so from TV point of view it's already streaming out.
And now you have TV video streaming but AVR I still outputting ATV sound, you can resolve this by selecting a HDMI iput from TV and then go back to streaming.

This is very common and well know in AV, so make sure you are aware. that's also part of the problems that eARC is solving.
Yes but I nothing to do with the problem I'm reporting. It does not negotiate stereo arc to multichannel HDMI, only stereo HDMI.
And after rebooting, multichannel HDMI to stereo arc I get no sound from arc.
post #329 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes but I nothing to do with the problem I'm reporting. It does not negotiate stereo arc to multichannel HDMI, only stereo HDMI.
And after rebooting, multichannel HDMI to stereo arc I get no sound from arc.
As I said, wait new firmware, it will be available in next hours.
IF problem, make sure you give the EXACT format of the Audio you are playing from windows.

post #330 of 815 Old 05-29-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfury View Post
as i said, wait new firmware, it will be available in next hours.
If problem, make sure you give the exact format of the audio you are playing from windows.
lpcm 5.1

Windows audio/speakers output test is quick to see the issue. I click on every speaker but only front left and right speakers give audio unless I reboot diva then then arc stops working.

Last edited by adolfotregosa; 05-29-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page