HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 109Likes

post #421 of 548 Old 06-14-2019, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Logitech only accept 100 IR codes max , we have way more, so you take the IR codes list and you remove what you don't need till you have 100 and then you save that file and mail it to them asking to add to your account.
Ok, I'll wait for IR LED support before I ask them.

LED on
LED off
Brighter
Dimmer

Would be nice to have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 548 Old 06-14-2019, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Quoted: 4171 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfotregosa View Post
Ok, I'll wait for IR LED support before I ask them.

LED on
LED off
Brighter
Dimmer

Would be nice to have
No problem, will be on next update.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #423 of 548 Old 06-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FYI, Harmony has added what appears to be some 0x93 codes under"
Manufacturer= Harmony Beta
Enter Diva for device
Choose= Harmony Beta Diva 2

Don't know whether it contains all the codes needed for everyone, but you might take a look. I tested some with the v 39 firmware and they have all the codes I need for now. Beta 1 has some old codes for the original firmware.

RH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 02:30 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Ok, I must be doing something super dumb but I can't figure this out. My video chain is:

Oppo 203 Main HDMI OUT > DIVA INPUT 1 (Other stuff in the 3 other slots) > DIVA AUDIO OUT > SONY MDR-HW700DS > SONY MDR-HW700DS HDMI OUT (for audio passthrough) > DENNON X520BT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > DIVA TX0 > LG C7 65

DIVA EDID: AUTOMIX
Algo - Max Aud Max Vid
Audio F - Audio Out

My problem is specifically with the Oppo and not getting any audio output at all. When I play a disc no audio comes through to the SONY headphones or the Dennon. This does not happen with ANYTHING else I have hooked to the Diva (PC, ATV, PS4).

Changing the AUTOMIX Audio F setting to FULL does not fix it with still no audio coming from the Oppo. This setup chain works perfectly fine with my V1 Vertex.

My config is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-6_15_2019.txt (9.7 KB, 5 views)
post #425 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Ok, I must be doing something super dumb but I can't figure this out. My video chain is:

Oppo 203 Main HDMI OUT > DIVA INPUT 1 (Other stuff in the 3 other slots) > DIVA AUDIO OUT > SONY MDR-HW700DS > SONY MDR-HW700DS HDMI OUT (for audio passthrough) > DENNON X520BT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > DIVA TX0 > LG C7 65

DIVA EDID: AUTOMIX
Algo - Max Aud Max Vid
Audio F - Audio Out

My problem is specifically with the Oppo and not getting any audio output at all. When I play a disc no audio comes through to the SONY headphones or the Dennon. This does not happen with ANYTHING else I have hooked to the Diva (PC, ATV, PS4).

Changing the AUTOMIX Audio F setting to FULL does not fix it with still no audio coming from the Oppo. This setup chain works perfectly fine with my V1 Vertex.

My config is attached.

Hi DrTim,

Just a guess - but I believe the way you have Diva configured is with CEC enabled and in Auto mode. I don't believe the audio issue has anything to do with the EDID - more in how Diva is routing audio out the AUDIO OUT HDMI connector. Diva might be expecting the audio source to be ARC from TX0. In your case I believe you want the source to be the audio coming in on HDMI INPUT 1 (TX1).

Try to disable CEC on Diva and see if that helps. Be sure to power cycle Diva after disabling CEC.

After doing that, what does the Diva report as the source of AUDIO OUT? (On the Diva INFO page)
Good luck!
DrTim likes this.
post #426 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Hi DrTim,

Just a guess - but I believe the way you have Diva configured is with CEC enabled and in Auto mode. I don't believe the audio issue has anything to do with the EDID - more in how Diva is routing audio out the AUDIO OUT HDMI connector. Diva might be expecting the audio source to be ARC from TX0. In your case I believe you want the source to be the audio coming in on HDMI INPUT 1 (TX1).

Try to disable CEC on Diva and see if that helps. Be sure to power cycle Diva after disabling CEC.

After doing that, what does the Diva report as the source of AUDIO OUT? (On the Diva INFO page)
Good luck!
🤦....Oh man. Yea you're right. The bloody CEC crap seemed to have been stuffing it all up. I've now turned CEC off (and put it back to video mode) and put the switching mode to HDMI.

It now seems to be working perfectly. Stupid CEC garbage. In just going to have it all left off now to avoid any potential future issues.

Thanks JGrana, awesome tip! 😎🤘
post #427 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Hi DrTim,

Good luck!

Yes that's a solution, other solution is to leave it as it was and manually force HDMI or ARC, should work as well.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #428 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up Diva ledstrip demo !

Courtesy of ledstrip/ambilight pro from Insanelight.de

JGrana likes this.

post #429 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Yes that's a solution, other solution is to leave it as it was and manually force HDMI or ARC, should work as well.
Ok, turns out it's not the CEC messing things up. I am now having intermittent issues with sounds coming out of all devices. This seems to happen when powering off my PC (plugged into RX3) and then trying to switch to another RX. A full power cycle fixes it, but I'm confused by why it's happening and how I could prevent it.
post #430 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Ok, turns out it's not the CEC messing things up. I am now having intermittent issues with sounds coming out of all devices. This seems to happen when powering off my PC (plugged into RX3) and then trying to switch to another RX. A full power cycle fixes it, but I'm confused by why it's happening and how I could prevent it.

Can you try to describe a bit better, do you mean when you turn off PC, then you have sound issue with other devices and not when PC is ON ? intermittent means what ? same source have audio drop out or sometime always work and sometime never work ?
Can you turn PC off, turn it back on and then sound is ok or still issue ?

Do you plan/want to use ARC or not in your system ?
IF yes, is denon or Sony linked to the TV ? CEC must be enabled (you cannot use ARC if CEC is off, only eARC can work this way), CEC ID must be Audio system w/ARC and then use default AUTO, if problem, use ARC/HDMI toggle.
Do you have issue with your pc in this condition or when CEC is OFF or both ?

Can you export config each time you describe issue, because previous config you did not have that issue, it was oppo no sound.

Sorry for all the question, feel free to explain and describe issue differently if you don't want to answer each question, I'm asking them to show you the type of info we would need to help here (but config + short description is always good)
The only critical question here is about Sony or Denon linked to TV or not.

post #431 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 63
HDR and OSD problems with Diva

I have noticed a few problems (presumably) with the current DIVA firmware (0.39.0.11). I am connecting three video source devices (Oppo UDP-203, Zidoo Z10, AppleTV 4K) through the DIVA which splits the output to a LG EF9500 OLED Display (through TX0 without audio) and a Pioneer VSX-80 Receiver (through TX1 with full audio but also with a downscaled 1080p video). All my HDMI cables are either the 6 foot cables from HDFury (HDMI2.0b HDfury Cables) or one Bluejeans 10 foot cable (BJC Series-1) to the display. I have noticed the following problems using the DIVA Web-Based interface.

1) You cannot turn off the on-screen display (OSD) - unchecking OSD ENABLED does not work and remains checked when you cycle between the DIVA control tabs.

2) HDR is not reliably or repetitively activated on the LG Display when playing back a 4K-UHD Source either from the Zidoo Z10 or from the AppleTV 4K, but does activate reliably when streaming or playing a UHD disc from the Oppo player.

3) If you enable the HDR command Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is HDR10 [ignore RX HDR10] (using the preset HDR header "87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:8 0:3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01:00"), the HDR is activated more reliably, but during playback the LG display cycles HDR on to off to on every few minutes loosing the picture when HDR is turned off then on again. This problem happens with all three video source devices.

4) If you power cycle the DIVA the check command for Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is HDR10 [ignore RX HDR10] is now unchecked.

I have attached a config file from a playback using the Zidoo Z10 as my source. Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-6_15_2019.txt (9.8 KB, 2 views)

LG OLED65G6P Display
Denon AVR-X8500H
13.1 Speaker setup with mostly KEF Speakers
post #432 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoulos View Post
I have noticed a few problems (presumably) with the current DIVA firmware (0.39.0.11). I am connecting three video source devices (Oppo UDP-203, Zidoo Z10, AppleTV 4K) through the DIVA which splits the output to a LG EF9500 OLED Display (through TX0 without audio) and a Pioneer VSX-80 Receiver (through TX1 with full audio but also with a downscaled 1080p video). All my HDMI cables are either the 6 foot cables from HDFury (HDMI2.0b HDfury Cables) or one Bluejeans 10 foot cable (BJC Series-1) to the display. I have noticed the following problems using the DIVA Web-Based interface.

1) You cannot turn off the on-screen display (OSD) - unchecking OSD ENABLED does not work and remains checked when you cycle between the DIVA control tabs.

2) HDR is not reliably or repetitively activated on the LG Display when playing back a 4K-UHD Source either from the Zidoo Z10 or from the AppleTV 4K, but does activate reliably when streaming or playing a UHD disc from the Oppo player.

3) If you enable the HDR command Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is HDR10 [ignore RX HDR10] (using the preset HDR header "87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:8 0:3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01:00"), the HDR is activated more reliably, but during playback the LG display cycles HDR on to off to on every few minutes loosing the picture when HDR is turned off then on again. This problem happens with all three video source devices.

4) If you power cycle the DIVA the check command for Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is HDR10 [ignore RX HDR10] is now unchecked.

I have attached a config file from a playback using the Zidoo Z10 as my source. Thanks for your help.

1. Not an issue, you have to click "SEND OSD VALUES" if you want ANY OSD values to be stored. (explained a few times previously, but I guess we will add a note to mention it more clearly)
2. What is the content you are trying exactly ? and did you try others ? for ex, play ATV4K Netflix HDR, any problem there ?
3. That seems the same as 2, I suppose that if you try it with OPPO or Netflix HDR from ATV4K you won't have that, there seems to be something wrong with the content, so please give details on that.
4. Will check that one and get back to you, please get back to me on content you are trying.

If AVR is connected to TV, disconnect its output and see if it changes anything. (or try it at AUDIO OUT)

Last edited by HDfury; 06-15-2019 at 02:20 PM.
post #433 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
1. Not an issue, you have to click "SEND OSD VALUES" if you want ANY OSD values to be stored. (explained a few times previously, but I guess we will add a note to mention it more clearly)
2. What is the content you are trying exactly ? and did you try others ? for ex, play ATV4K Netflix HDR, any problem there ?
3. That seems the same as 2, I suppose that if you try it with OPPO or Netflix HDR from ATV4K you won't have that, there seems to be something wrong with the content, so please give details on that.
4. Will check that one and get back to you, please get back to me on content you are trying.

If AVR is connected to TV, disconnect its output and see if it changes anything. (or try it at AUDIO OUT)
1. Thanks for the info - I missed "SEND OSD VALUES".

2/3. The content that I am using for the OPPO and Zidoo is a 1:1 uncompressed MKV rip of my Split UHD (using MakeMKV to copy the whole disc and to make the MKV file, or using MKVtoolnix to make the MKV file off of the total UHD disc rip). But it happens with all of my UHD 1:1 rips. I again just tried to play back that file over my Gigabyte LAN and had the same HDR problems now with both the OPPO and Zidoo players. On the AppleTV4K I am streaming the 4K HDR version of Split that Apple is sending me from their servers using their Movies app since I already own the actual UHD disk. I have not tried Netflix HDR since that is a rather mute point - even if Netflix works at times, streaming directly from Apple does not work all of the time, and that is more important to me.

I also did try the AUDIO OUT connection with the same HDR problems.

LG OLED65G6P Display
Denon AVR-X8500H
post #434 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1484
@HDfury Here's some feedback about the ambient light coming from a someone who had been using a DreamScreen. First off, the color accuracy with Diva is 1000x better. It's been good with whatever I throw at it. The DS was always more washed out to white and and blue unless the screen was a solid color. It also always had trouble with HDR. So right off that's a nice plus.

Now for the constructive feedback/requests. I have the lights on my 85" sony x900f TV that is on a stand. The LEDs sit about 9" from a white background and are on the slight bevel that the TV has. I also have the strip segment for each side centered along that edge.

- I'd like to see a longer light strip option for the 85" that goes more to the corners. I know your argument about corners from earlier in the thread but I notice a difference when switching from the DS lights. My corners have a noticeable dead light area. I still have the two Flex light kits from DS on the TV too if there's a way to get them work with Diva.

- Another thing that might be an 85" issue is that the colors are pinched to the center of the screen. If I play a
it matches up perfect when the line is in the center of the edge but as it moves to the side the light drifts to the center from where the line is in the video. I'm not sure if there's a tweak that could be done to account for screen size.

- LED brightness appears to depend on the color "brightness". I don't know if this is a function of the LEDS or not but it is one of the differences I notices from my DS. Like a light blue appears brighter on the wall then a dark blue. For example I have my AppleTV on right now and one of the screen savers flying through the canyon in China was on. The blue sky at the top was nice and bright. Most of the sides and bottom of the screen was darker green trees that cover the canyon. The lights are producing the correct color for them but at maybe 50% of the brightness of the blue top. If the lumens have to be lowered to keep the accurate color then I'm cool with it. I'd rather have the accuracy.

- Ever once in awhile I get a strobe effect for a few seconds. I think it might be when the video color is right on the edge of being shown. If you have an appleTV I get it every time near the beginning of the Arial screen saver that's labeled "Crossing from day to night over the south pacific ocean". It's when the blue edge of earth starts getting near the top of the screen. I know it also happened in last week's episode of Real Time. I'll try to make a video of it later once it's dark here and I can record it better.

- Finally, I believe you've said a music visualize is coming for the lights. I've kept the DS hooked up right now only for that reason. A couple requests if it's still in the works. The first would be to be able to give a color palette to a frequency ranges (lows, mids, highs). I don't know how it'll work in practice but I've always wanted to assign a frequency range to an edge of the screen. Something like lows in deeper colors along the bottom, mids along the sides, and highs along the top in brighter colors.

The Diva being able to control a Hue entertainment zone would also be a nice addition if done right. The DS never worked well for it and I always end up running Light DJ Pro on my iPhone to control the room lights to go with the music and let the DS do it's own thing with the TV lights. I'd have no problem running, and purchasing, a companion iPhone app if it was needed. If there's not interest in that on you're end an api that pushes values calculated by your music visualize that I could write against would also be cool. I fully view this last section as pie in the ski and don't expect it. I figure it can't hurt to ask though.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #435 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1. Thanks for the info - I missed "SEND OSD VALUES".

2/3. The content that I am using for the OPPO and Zidoo is a 1:1 uncompressed MKV rip of my Split UHD (using MakeMKV to copy the whole disc and to make the MKV file, or using MKVtoolnix to make the MKV file off of the total UHD disc rip). But it happens with all of my UHD 1:1 rips. I again just tried to play back that file over my Gigabyte LAN and had the same HDR problems now with both the OPPO and Zidoo players. On the AppleTV4K I am streaming the 4K HDR version of Split that Apple is sending me from their servers using their Movies app since I already own the actual UHD disk. I have not tried Netflix HDR since that is a rather mute point - even if Netflix works at times, streaming directly from Apple does not work all of the time, and that is more important to me.

I also did try the AUDIO OUT connection with the same HDR problems.
Yes ok, but we don't have your files, so can you please check if you can reproduce anything with Netflix HDR or UHD BR disc, etc... because if the problem is only with your rips, then your rips is the problem since we would have heard of such issue since a while if there was any.
the rule is always the same: if we can reproduce, we can fix. So please check if any HDR content other then your rip make any problem.

post #436 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
@HDfury Here's some feedback about the ambient light coming from a someone who had been using a DreamScreen. First off, the color accuracy with Diva is 1000x better. It's been good with whatever I throw at it. The DS was always more washed out to white and and blue unless the screen was a solid color. It also always had trouble with HDR. So right off that's a nice plus.

Now for the constructive feedback/requests. I have the lights on my 85" sony x900f TV that is on a stand. The LEDs sit about 9" from a white background and are on the slight bevel that the TV has. I also have the strip segment for each side centered along that edge.

- I'd like to see a longer light strip option for the 85" that goes more to the corners. I know your argument about corners from earlier in the thread but I notice a difference when switching from the DS lights. My corners have a noticeable dead light area. I still have the two Flex light kits from DS on the TV too if there's a way to get them work with Diva.

- Another thing that might be an 85" issue is that the colors are pinched to the center of the screen. If I play a color wheel video it matches up perfect when the line is in the center of the edge but as it moves to the side the light drifts to the center from where the line is in the video. I'm not sure if there's a tweak that could be done to account for screen size.

- LED brightness appears to depend on the color "brightness". I don't know if this is a function of the LEDS or not but it is one of the differences I notices from my DS. Like a light blue appears brighter on the wall then a dark blue. For example I have my AppleTV on right now and one of the screen savers flying through the canyon in China was on. The blue sky at the top was nice and bright. Most of the sides and bottom of the screen was darker green trees that cover the canyon. The lights are producing the correct color for them but at maybe 50% of the brightness of the blue top. If the lumens have to be lowered to keep the accurate color then I'm cool with it. I'd rather have the accuracy.

- Ever once in awhile I get a strobe effect for a few seconds. I think it might be when the video color is right on the edge of being shown. If you have an appleTV I get it every time near the beginning of the Arial screen saver that's labeled "Crossing from day to night over the south pacific ocean". It's when the blue edge of earth starts getting near the top of the screen. I know it also happened in last week's episode of Real Time. I'll try to make a video of it later once it's dark here and I can record it better.

- Finally, I believe you've said a music visualize is coming for the lights. I've kept the DS hooked up right now only for that reason. A couple requests if it's still in the works. The first would be to be able to give a color palette to a frequency ranges (lows, mids, highs). I don't know how it'll work in practice but I've always wanted to assign a frequency range to an edge of the screen. Something like lows in deeper colors along the bottom, mids along the sides, and highs along the top in brighter colors.

The Diva being able to control a Hue entertainment zone would also be a nice addition if done right. The DS never worked well for it and I always end up running Light DJ Pro on my iPhone to control the room lights to go with the music and let the DS do it's own thing with the TV lights. I'd have no problem running, and purchasing, a companion iPhone app if it was needed. If there's not interest in that on you're end an api that pushes values calculated by your music visualize that I could write against would also be cool. I fully view this last section as pie in the ski and don't expect it. I figure it can't hurt to ask though.
Thanx for the feedback.

1. Yes there will be longer version for 85 inch (using 112 leds instead of 56), it is may be possible to support other led driver, but it's lot of work and cannot be done quickly, so wait and see on that one, we have Vertex2 to release on June 28 and then more promised feature first (config import is a must to do atm)
2. Can you send a picture of tv backside with led installed please
3. Do you have white wall behind TV? may be you can show what you mean about led color brightness with a short video clip as you wrote you might do ? led intensity (0 to 31) is for calibration (human eye have high perception of blue color, so most of the time people lower B intensity), Gamma can be used to match different wall color.
4. Yes music light is on the roadmap and work have already started on that. I'll forward your requests to devs.
5. Interest on that (control hue entertainment) shall not come from us, it should come from the user sbase, if enough people requests it, we can more likely do it, as I used to say, bring customers that needs something and we will do it. We just cannot do something that involve lot of devs time just for one person. hope you understand that point. anyone else wanting such solution, please post to show interest.

post #437 of 548 Old 06-15-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Yes ok, but we don't have your files, so can you please check if you can reproduce anything with Netflix HDR or UHD BR disc, etc... because if the problem is only with your rips, then your rips is the problem since we would have heard of such issue since a while if there was any.
the rule is always the same: if we can reproduce, we can fix. So please check if any HDR content other then your rip make any problem.
OKAY, I will test the problems with Netflix HDR on ATV-4K tomorrow. But the HDR problem does not always occur only with my UHD rips. As I stated on my earlier message the problem ALSO occurs when I stream 4K HDR movies like "Split" from Apple's servers - those movies are NOT from UHD rips, and should be reproducible by buying the same movie from Apple and streaming it from Apple's servers to the ATV-4K!

Also since my last message I connected my Zidoo Z10 directly to the LG EF9500 OLED display (not going through the DIVA or Pioneer VSX-80) and played the same MKV file without any problems turning on and off HDR. I chose the Zidoo Z10 since the HDR problems occur most often with that device. The only other thing that I have not completely removed from the chain is the Pioneer VSX-80, which I can do tomorrow. And in case you are wondering, I am at my brother's house using his equipment and bought the DIVA for switching his devices since he has an older Pioneer receiver (VSX-80) that is not HDCP 2.2 compatible.

LG OLED65G6P Display
Denon AVR-X8500H
post #438 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 02:38 AM

Since you guys are talking leds and colors I might as well ask how do we set "LED calibration" so that we get the same color when leds are dimm vs bright?

I must be using this incorrectly. Eg.
I set each LED channel to 30 and "calibrate" so that I get 6500k white.
I then change each LED channel to 200 and it is no longer 6500k white but yellow. It can kinda maintain the same color until 100/110 but then it becomes yellow.

I'm clearly interpreting something wrong here.
post #439 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 02:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Since you guys are talking leds and colors I might as well ask how do we set "LED calibration" so that we get the same color when leds are dimm vs bright?

I must be using this incorrectly. Eg.
I set each LED channel to 30 and "calibrate" so that I get 6500k white.
I then change each LED channel to 200 and it is no longer 6500k white but yellow. It can kinda maintain the same color until 100/110 but then it becomes yellow.

I'm clearly interpreting something wrong here.
Not sure what you mean, are you talking about STATIC COLOR SELECTION ? this is for a video/pattern effect only (AND NOT FOR ACTIVE VIDEO) and it's R/G/B value, just take any drawing software with pixel color checker, it will give you R/G/B value from 0 to 255 enter them here and you have the exact same color.
That's normal RGB color as per https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_rgb.asp

LED ELEMENT GLOBAL CALIBRATION: R/G/B [0 - 31]
Each led has a local brightness value for the reg green and blue. The calibration value control those values
So if all are 10 instead of 31 it’s a less bright result for the led
If you change just red to 0 and rest are 31 then you removed red and all other colors shift
Also this calib value is only for active video and not for patterns

Last edited by HDfury; 06-16-2019 at 03:21 AM.
post #440 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 02:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OKAY, I will test the problems with Netflix HDR on ATV-4K tomorrow. But the HDR problem does not always occur only with my UHD rips. As I stated on my earlier message the problem ALSO occurs when I stream 4K HDR movies like "Split" from Apple's servers - those movies are NOT from UHD rips, and should be reproducible by buying the same movie from Apple and streaming it from Apple's servers to the ATV-4K!

Also since my last message I connected my Zidoo Z10 directly to the LG EF9500 OLED display (not going through the DIVA or Pioneer VSX-80) and played the same MKV file without any problems turning on and off HDR. I chose the Zidoo Z10 since the HDR problems occur most often with that device. The only other thing that I have not completely removed from the chain is the Pioneer VSX-80, which I can do tomorrow. And in case you are wondering, I am at my brother's house using his equipment and bought the DIVA for switching his devices since he has an older Pioneer receiver (VSX-80) that is not HDCP 2.2 compatible.
Just tried Deepwater Horizon streaming from ATV and its stable, will try to find "Split". Just to make sure, please confirm the problem is with TX0 and not with TX1

Btw, point 4 was correct, some values do not survive power cycle, we are on it.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-16-2019 at 02:59 AM.
post #441 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 03:30 AM

Yes I'm talking STATIC COLOR SELECTION and LED ELEMENT GLOBAL CALIBRATION is affecting static color selection

If I set static color to 30,30,30 ( supposedly white ) and then use LED ELEMENT GLOBAL CALIBRATION to calibrate my "white" to 6500k all is fine, in my case I get 31, 20, 18 but if I increase my "brightness" from 30,30,30 to 200,200,200 my white is no longer white but yellow. Need a video?
post #442 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes I'm talking STATIC COLOR SELECTION and LED ELEMENT GLOBAL CALIBRATION is affecting static color selection

If I set static color to 30,30,30 ( supposedly white ) and then use LED ELEMENT GLOBAL CALIBRATION to calibrate my "white" to 6500k all is fine, in my case I get 31, 20, 18 but if I increase my "brightness" from 30,30,30 to 200,200,200 my white is no longer white but yellow. Need a video?
No we don't need a video for that, since for the moment you are mixing things up in settings and in all case most results depends on distance to wall and wall reflection and color.

You cannot increase brightness from 30 to 200, there is no 200 value for brightness (it's from 0 to 31), what you are talking about here is STATIC COLOR SELECITON (which is ONLY used for STATIC COLOR EFFECT), those are RGB intensity values as per the link I gave you.
Yes LED ELEMENT GLOBAL CALIBRATION affect ALL LEDS and therefor all LEDS effect, which is not the case for STATIC COLOR SELECTION if you are following me.

You said you increase brightness from 30,30,30 to 200,200,200, since you cannot increase brightness to 200,200,200, you are talking about RGB value for static color selection and in this case 30,30,30 is VERY DARK GREY, very close to black ! (just enter those value on link I gave you)
200,200,200 is clear grey value.

Also, you cannot use STATIC COLOR led effect and expect to calibrate this way for ACTIVE VIDEO, that cannot work, since STATIC COLOR is 0-255 RGB value, while ACTIVE VIDEO, 99% of the time is YCbCr 0/16-235
So to calibrate ACTIVE VIDEO, better use TEST VIDEO from HDMI Source. If you can get same results as insaneware above youtube video, then you are prolly good.

Bottom line is this: STATIC COLOR is an effect, for example, if you turn off TV and want to have a defined RGB color in your room when TV is OFF, then that's the purpose of this effect, nothing else.
ACTIVE VIDEO calibration is made using LED ELEMENT GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION (from 0 to 31) and eventually VIDEO GAMMA if wall is not pure white.

There will be more settings to fine tune everything as well as more HDR>SDR profile in the future so be patient on that.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-16-2019 at 04:06 AM.
post #443 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 04:10 AM

Quote:
No we don't need a video for that
it seams you need

Changing from 20,20,20 to 200,200,200 is not maintaining the same color. It shifts from pure white to yellowish in real life. The video does not capture correctly the color tone but you can clearly see the color shift from "red" to "yellow". Get it now ?? Changing from 20,20,20 to 200,200,200 should not shift color, only brightness.

How do I make 200,200,200 give the same color has 20,20,20 ? I thought LED ELEMENT GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION was to fix this.
post #444 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
it seams you need here you have sample

Changing from 20,20,20 to 200,200,200 is not maintaining the same color. It shifts from pure white to yellowish in real life. The video does not capture correctly the color tone but you can clearly see the color shift from "red" to "yellow". Get it now ?? Changing from 20,20,20 to 200,200,200 should not shift color, only brightness.

How do I make 200,200,200 give the same color has 20,20,20 ? I thought LED ELEMENT GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION was to fix this.

1. Just set GLOBAL CC to 30/30/30 and redo same test
2. turn ON the light in your room or use day light and take a picture of the wall with a white paper sheet in front of it if you still see any problem.

post #445 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
2. turn ON the light in your room or use day light and take a picture of the wall with a white paper sheet in front of it if you still see any problem.
yeah I was hopping you would not give that response lol I was hopping CC was to "calibrate" the color just like the white point calibration on a tv.
I have to get my colorimeter out and find the rgb value for 6500k white with CC set to 30,30,30. When you add IR support to brighten or dim the led strip it would be a lot easier lol Can you add 2 buttons like the picture I attached ? It should increase all rgb values same amount until one of the channel value reaches 255, vice versa for dim, decrease until the lowest of the channels reaches 1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diva.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2580676  
post #446 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
unfortunately it does not fix the issue. Still shifts color from blue to yellow. Suggestions ??
post #447 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yeah I was hopping you would not give that response lol I was hopping CC was to "calibrate" the color just like the white point calibration on a tv.
I have to get my colorimeter out and find the rgb value for 6500k white with CC set to 30,30,30. When you add IR support to brighten or dim the led strip it would be a lot easier lol Can you add 2 buttons like the picture I attached ? It should increase all rgb values same amount until one of the channel value reaches 255, vice versa for dim, decrease until the lowest of the channels reaches 1
Yes, we already said we are adding that.

Quote:
unfortunately it does not fix the issue. Still shifts color from blue to yellow. Suggestions ??
Explanation is simple but solution is unknown yet
The element is nonlinear hence the color shift is different at every level
Blue 30 is not the same intensity as red 30

And the rgb for values do not appear the same
Each element has three leds inside
so even if defined correctly at a certain level if you change the level then grayscale shifts
LED factory should calibrate this to appear as white to human eye and they succeed at spot value where calibrated
Which is called the white balance at a certain level

But when shifting values up and down the color gain shifts too. Therefore it appears that it remains relatively white when calibration values are equal but fail nonlinearly as the calib values are unequal
This is why displays are calibrated to try to linearize the response
We don’t have the control or yet the know how or algo for dealing with nonlinear response, anyone any idea on that ? feel free to suggest !
We are currently investigating a look up table for each level.

Ex: if adjust CC like 15/30/30 than u can change from 20/20/20 till 200/200/200 u got same white on STATIC COLOR, but that won't work for movies that's why in all cases, such test should be done with active video playing a test pattern and not using static color. That would be way more relevant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R15G27B23.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	2580684   Click image for larger version

Name:	R30G27B23.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	2580686  

Last edited by HDfury; 06-16-2019 at 05:45 AM.
post #448 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
but that won't work for movies that's why in all cases, such test should be done with active video playing a test pattern and not using static color. That would be way more relevant.
I personally don't care nor use follow active video. Don't like it one bit I just need an ambient light that I can calibrate and make it brighter or dimmer.

A gamma setting per each channel should help (I really thought CC was for this) , but a 1dlut table what we could make and upload would definitely fix it.
post #449 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Can you try to describe a bit better, do you mean when you turn off PC, then you have sound issue with other devices and not when PC is ON ? intermittent means what ? same source have audio drop out or sometime always work and sometime never work ?
Can you turn PC off, turn it back on and then sound is ok or still issue ?

Do you plan/want to use ARC or not in your system ?
IF yes, is denon or Sony linked to the TV ? CEC must be enabled (you cannot use ARC if CEC is off, only eARC can work this way), CEC ID must be Audio system w/ARC and then use default AUTO, if problem, use ARC/HDMI toggle.
Do you have issue with your pc in this condition or when CEC is OFF or both ?

Can you export config each time you describe issue, because previous config you did not have that issue, it was oppo no sound.

Sorry for all the question, feel free to explain and describe issue differently if you don't want to answer each question, I'm asking them to show you the type of info we would need to help here (but config + short description is always good)
The only critical question here is about Sony or Denon linked to TV or not.
Apologies for the poor explanation. What I meant was I would turn off the pc while it was active on RX3, once fully off (with the TV still on) I would then switch to another RX and there would be no audio coming out through the Sony or Dennon.

Also nothing is ever attached to the TV (other than the Diva), so no possibility of anything else tripping arc or CEC from that end.

It seems this may have been an aberration though as more testing today has not had the issue come up again. Perhaps the full chain reboot was needed only once to better reset all points in the chain to work properly with the Diva, not sure.

I'll report back if it pops up again, but looks good for now 😁👍
post #450 of 548 Old 06-16-2019, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Yes, we already said we are adding that.

Explanation is simple but solution is unknown yet
The element is nonlinear hence the color shift is different at every level
Blue 30 is not the same intensity as red 30

And the rgb for values do not appear the same
Each element has three leds inside
so even if defined correctly at a certain level if you change the level then grayscale shifts
LED factory should calibrate this to appear as white to human eye and they succeed at spot value where calibrated
Which is called the white balance at a certain level

But when shifting values up and down the color gain shifts too. Therefore it appears that it remains relatively white when calibration values are equal but fail nonlinearly as the calib values are unequal
This is why displays are calibrated to try to linearize the response
We don’t have the control or yet the know how or algo for dealing with nonlinear response, anyone any idea on that ? feel free to suggest !
We are currently investigating a look up table for each level.

Ex: if adjust CC like 15/30/30 than u can change from 20/20/20 till 200/200/200 u got same white on STATIC COLOR, but that won't work for movies that's why in all cases, such test should be done with active video playing a test pattern and not using static color. That would be way more relevant.

Interesting ideas - both from from @HDfury and @adolfotregosa . I have the same X-rite colorometer and use HCFR to calibrate my Sony TV. I agree with HDfury in that LED's are non-liner when it comes to brightness (luminance) - that's why many TV's provide 2 step and 10 step calibration for each RGB color!

Hmm, using a 100% (white) pattern, streaming from an attached device would be a good starting point for calibrating the Diva LED's keeping the setting on Follow Active Video and using the colorometer/HCFR. You could also compare it to the actual color temp of the TV screen.

Thanks for the tip ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page