HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 107Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Another Potential Issue with ARC/CEC and Diva

I have been running the latest firmware for a few days with the following configuration:


Source Player(s) -> Denon Inputs -> Denon ARC Output (Monitor 1)-> Diva Input 1 -> Diva TX0 -> Sony X930e Input HDMI 3 (ARC).
Diva Audio Out -> Denon HDMI input 2


ARC had been running great. No sound issues.


2 days ago, I decided to try the lag tester. Added this to my configuration:


Source Player(s) -> Denon Inputs -> Denon ARC Output (Monitor 1)-> Diva Input 1 -> Diva TX0 -> Sony X930e Input HDMI 3 (ARC)
Diva Audio Out -> Denon HDMI input 2
Diva TX1 -> Sony X930e input HDMI 4


Lag test ran fine.


Yesterday, I turned on the system - no sound coming over ARC... Did a variety of ways to try to the the Sony TV and Diva to sync over CEC. Reset TV, reboot Diva, turn Bravia Sync (Sonys version of CEC) off and on multiple times.
No go - Sony reported it saw an "Audio system" but never shows "Diva" as it had when the system works.


This morning I remembered that I had plugged a cable between Diva TX1 and the TV. So, I removed it. Power cycled Diva, did a reset of the Sony TV.
Re-enabled Bravia Sync - it now showed "Diva" and - more important, I started getting ARC sound.
System is back to stable.


So, it seems having a connection between Diva's TX1 and the Sony TV, in addition to TX0 connected to the same TV causes some kind of CEC issue.

@HDfury , any chance you guys could add an option (sorry, yet another) to disable any CEC handling on TX1?
JGrana is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 08:08 AM
Member
 
ppoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Albany, Georgia
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Just tried Deepwater Horizon streaming from ATV and its stable, will try to find "Split". Just to make sure, please confirm the problem is with TX0 and not with TX1


Btw, point 4 was correct, some values do not survive power cycle, we are on it.
I have done more testing, and solved my problem. The Oppo player and ATV4K both handle turning on and off HDR similarly, since they BOTH may cycle through turning on-off-on HDR for up to 5 or more seconds before syncing the display correctly. This on-off-on behavior is most noticeable when starting movies from the beginning. And they always both eventually turn on HDR and turn off HDR correctly. The delay can be quite noticeable especially with the ATV4K when it restarts the movie from the beginning.

I therefore looked into the Zidoo Z10 settings to see if I could mimic that behavior. I had the HDMI Mode under the display settings set to 3840x2160P 23Hz (as some people suggested) rather than set it to AUTO. Once I reset the setting to AUTO the Zidoo player started to handle HDR switches like my other two devices, and now reliably turns on and off HDR, though that syncing may take up to 5 seconds to occur like my other devices.

Thanks for your suggestions.

LG OLED65G6P Display
Denon AVR-X8500H
13.1 Speaker setup with mostly KEF Speakers
ppoulos is offline  
post #453 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Member
 
adolfotregosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
@HDfury

Now that I had time to think about it I have the perfect acceptable and should be very easy to implement suggestion.
Give us 4 customizable Static Led presets, 4 should be enough. We just have to calibrate each preset and when IR control arrives, instead of brighter and dimmer give us preset up, preset down, On and Off.

I would be happy with this. No gamma or 1dluts needed.
adolfotregosa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #454 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Apologies for the poor explanation. What I meant was I would turn off the pc while it was active on RX3, once fully off (with the TV still on) I would then switch to another RX and there would be no audio coming out through the Sony or Dennon.

Also nothing is ever attached to the TV (other than the Diva), so no possibility of anything else tripping arc or CEC from that end.

It seems this may have been an aberration though as more testing today has not had the issue come up again. Perhaps the full chain reboot was needed only once to better reset all points in the chain to work properly with the Diva, not sure.

I'll report back if it pops up again, but looks good for now 😁👍
Yes please see if you can have one more occurrence and if any, please see if there is way to reproduce it at will, so the rule "if we can reproduce, we can fix" can be applied.
DrTim likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #455 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoulos View Post
I have done more testing, and solved my problem. The Oppo player and ATV4K both handle turning on and off HDR similarly, since they BOTH may cycle through turning on-off-on HDR for up to 5 or more seconds before syncing the display correctly. This on-off-on behavior is most noticeable when starting movies from the beginning. And they always both eventually turn on HDR and turn off HDR correctly. The delay can be quite noticeable especially with the ATV4K when it restarts the movie from the beginning.

I therefore looked into the Zidoo Z10 settings to see if I could mimic that behavior. I had the HDMI Mode under the display settings set to 3840x2160P 23Hz (as some people suggested) rather than set it to AUTO. Once I reset the setting to AUTO the Zidoo player started to handle HDR switches like my other two devices, and now reliably turns on and off HDR, though that syncing may take up to 5 seconds to occur like my other devices.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Ok good, the HDR replace values not saved over power cycle was fixed today, will be on next update.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #456 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Another Potential Issue with ARC/CEC and Diva

I have been running the latest firmware for a few days with the following configuration:


Source Player(s) -> Denon Inputs -> Denon ARC Output (Monitor 1)-> Diva Input 1 -> Diva TX0 -> Sony X930e Input HDMI 3 (ARC).
Diva Audio Out -> Denon HDMI input 2


ARC had been running great. No sound issues.


2 days ago, I decided to try the lag tester. Added this to my configuration:


Source Player(s) -> Denon Inputs -> Denon ARC Output (Monitor 1)-> Diva Input 1 -> Diva TX0 -> Sony X930e Input HDMI 3 (ARC)
Diva Audio Out -> Denon HDMI input 2
Diva TX1 -> Sony X930e input HDMI 4


Lag test ran fine.


Yesterday, I turned on the system - no sound coming over ARC... Did a variety of ways to try to the the Sony TV and Diva to sync over CEC. Reset TV, reboot Diva, turn Bravia Sync (Sonys version of CEC) off and on multiple times.
No go - Sony reported it saw an "Audio system" but never shows "Diva" as it had when the system works.


This morning I remembered that I had plugged a cable between Diva TX1 and the TV. So, I removed it. Power cycled Diva, did a reset of the Sony TV.
Re-enabled Bravia Sync - it now showed "Diva" and - more important, I started getting ARC sound.
System is back to stable.


So, it seems having a connection between Diva's TX1 and the Sony TV, in addition to TX0 connected to the same TV causes some kind of CEC issue.

@HDfury , any chance you guys could add an option (sorry, yet another) to disable any CEC handling on TX1?

No sorry, I think you will have hard time to recreate such issue, TX1 play no role in CEC. so if there is something then it's something else. Just try to reproduce it and see if it is consistent.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #457 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfotregosa View Post
@HDfury

Now that I had time to think about it I have the perfect acceptable and should be very easy to implement suggestion.
Give us 4 customizable Static Led presets, 4 should be enough. We just have to calibrate each preset and when IR control arrives, instead of brighter and dimmer give us preset up, preset down, On and Off.

I would be happy with this. No gamma or 1dluts needed.
That can only be for Static Color, not Active Video, so it solves what ever purpose you are trying to achieve here but not help anyone else,
hope you understand that Static Color is a video effect we added as bonus and never was/be/will part of any promise of any kind from us.
This being said, i'll see if that can be done "just for you"

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #458 of 542 Old 06-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Member
 
adolfotregosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
That can only be for Static Color, not Active Video, so it solves what ever purpose you are trying to achieve here but not help anyone else,
hope you understand that Static Color is a video effect we added as bonus and never was/be/will part of any promise of any kind from us.
This being said, i'll see if that can be done "just for you"
You go and do whatever magic you have to do to make the leds not shift their color with luminance increase or decrease, be it static or active video. Many users will appreciate the attention to details
adolfotregosa is offline  
post #459 of 542 Old 06-17-2019, 05:12 AM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No sorry, I think you will have hard time to recreate such issue, TX1 play no role in CEC. so if there is something then it's something else. Just try to reproduce it and see if it is consistent.
Understood. I will reconnect TX1 to the Sony TV HDMI input 4 and see how it goes over the next few days.
JGrana is offline  
post #460 of 542 Old 06-17-2019, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfotregosa View Post
You go and do whatever magic you have to do to make the leds not shift their color with luminance increase or decrease, be it static or active video. Many users will appreciate the attention to details

Ok we ran some tests here and I think we found the culprit, it is not related to anything we discussed above. Actually the problem does NOT exist on active video mode, only on static color. We'll update shortly with solution.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #461 of 542 Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Cool Diva Ambient Led Videos

More from Insaneware test




JGrana and DrTim like this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #462 of 542 Old 06-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Member
 
adolfotregosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok we ran some tests here and I think we found the culprit, it is not related to anything we discussed above. Actually the problem does NOT exist on active video mode, only on static color. We'll update shortly with solution.
Good news then!!
adolfotregosa is offline  
post #463 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quick note on Ambilight issue.

After @adolfotregosa thread on setting color balance for the static mode, I ended up with a nice ~6500K color. A bit too bright for my use.
In the course of setting the Color Selections (255 249 250), I also changed "WHILE SYNCING" to STATIC COLOR.


After I turned off the AV system last night, I woke up to see that the Diva had turned on the Static Leds (which were still bright!). Dive turned them off after a few minutes. A while later, Diva turned them on again and then after a min or two off. This repeated until I turned "WHILE SYNCING" off.


In TX0 is connected to my Denon AVR which has HDMI pass through disabled. I do keep a few devices connected to the Denon on - the NVidia Shield and AppleTV. But, with pass through disabled, TX0 should not be seeing any signal.


Not sure its a bug though - when I think about "while syncing", the Diva could be interpreting the lack of HDMI signal as "syncing"?
JGrana is offline  
post #464 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Quick note on Ambilight issue.

After @adolfotregosa thread on setting color balance for the static mode, I ended up with a nice ~6500K color. A bit too bright for my use.
In the course of setting the Color Selections (255 249 250), I also changed "WHILE SYNCING" to STATIC COLOR.


After I turned off the AV system last night, I woke up to see that the Diva had turned on the Static Leds (which were still bright!). Dive turned them off after a few minutes. A while later, Diva turned them on again and then after a min or two off. This repeated until I turned "WHILE SYNCING" off.


In TX0 is connected to my Denon AVR which has HDMI pass through disabled. I do keep a few devices connected to the Denon on - the NVidia Shield and AppleTV. But, with pass through disabled, TX0 should not be seeing any signal.


Not sure its a bug though - when I think about "while syncing", the Diva could be interpreting the lack of HDMI signal as "syncing"?

This is a bug from your TV the same issue is on any Android TV and especially on Sony one, just read here what people are forced to do to stop their TV from messing up their setup (translate with google if you don't read german): https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/42?nobounce
This is why Vertex2 have solution to cut off output via software so the annoying Android TV stop making check in standby, but you are lucky our devs added similar capabilities to Diva, just not yet coded the routine for it, it will come after Vertex2 release.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #465 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
This is a bug from your TV the same issue is on any Android TV and especially on Sony one, just read here what people are forced to do to stop their TV from messing up their setup (translate with google if you don't read german): https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/42?nobounce
This is why Vertex2 have solution to cut off output via software so the annoying Android TV stop making check in standby, but you are lucky our devs added similar capabilities to Diva, just not yet coded the routine for it, it will come after Vertex2 release.
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks for the link; hope your devs come up with a work around. For now I will just leave the lights on follow active video.
BTW, by setting the led colors to the values I had posted (255 249 250) and setting static color mode - you really get a sense to how bright these leds are!
JGrana is offline  
post #466 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
aerodynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Seems like most of this thread is about the ambilight feature, but has anyone tested 4K HDR-1080p SDR? I am considering this unit to connect a Roku Ultra and PS4 Pro to my 1080p projector.

Viewsonic PX800HD | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | HDFury Diva | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
aerodynamics is online now  
post #467 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Thanx for the feedback.


1. Yes there will be longer version for 85 inch (using 112 leds instead of 56), it is may be possible to support other led driver, but it's lot of work and cannot be done quickly, so wait and see on that one, we have Vertex2 to release on June 28 and then more promised feature first (config import is a must to do atm)
2. Can you send a picture of tv backside with led installed please
3. Do you have white wall behind TV? may be you can show what you mean about led color brightness with a short video clip as you wrote you might do ? led intensity (0 to 31) is for calibration (human eye have high perception of blue color, so most of the time people lower B intensity), Gamma can be used to match different wall color.
4. Yes music light is on the roadmap and work have already started on that. I'll forward your requests to devs.
5. Interest on that (control hue entertainment) shall not come from us, it should come from the user sbase, if enough people requests it, we can more likely do it, as I used to say, bring customers that needs something and we will do it. We just cannot do something that involve lot of devs time just for one person. hope you understand that point. anyone else wanting such solution, please post to show interest.
1. Great to hear. I'll order it on day one. That's a lot easier for you to support then the lights DreamScreen used. Once the music feature is released I can reuse the DS lights in a couple DYI projects that I've been wanting to do with Arduinos.

2. I'll try to get a picture of it tonight. Along with a video for #3 . I'm having trouble right now getting a picture that shows it due to the room's ambient light.

3. Yes, it's a white wall behind my TV. What I was talking about wasn't incorrect colors. Color accuracy is great, especially compared to my DreamScreen. What I meant is that it seems like when it's say a bright red color that it's at 100 nits but a dark red is only 50 nits. There's a lot less light on the wall. The DS has a little bit of dimming in this situation too but not as much as the Diva's lights.

4. Excellent thanks!

5. Honestly, I didn't really expect that from you guys but it doesn't hurt to mention it. What would be great would be for the Diva to have a public api that exposes the values it is using for the music visualize so that an app like Light DJ could tie into it to provide support for things like Hue Entertainment or other light systems. I can see that being out of scope for you guys too though.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is offline  
post #468 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks for the link; hope your devs come up with a work around. For now I will just leave the lights on follow active video.
BTW, by setting the led colors to the values I had posted (255 249 250) and setting static color mode - you really get a sense to how bright these leds are!

We have the work around, the hardware was designed for that, just miss a small coding part. Once Vertex2 is out we will have more time and it will become available, fixing android TV standby issue is high priority for us since we are getting lot of emails about it.
Soon you might have even more brighter leds (thanx to previous discussion with adolfo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
Seems like most of this thread is about the ambilight feature, but has anyone tested 4K HDR-1080p SDR? I am considering this unit to connect a Roku Ultra and PS4 Pro to my 1080p projector.
If lights colors are good for 4K HDR, then HDR > SDR conversion is good, cannot be otherwise yet we have more new profiles to come as well (once again after Vertex2 release)

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #469 of 542 Old 06-18-2019, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 2,826
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2212 Post(s)
Liked: 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
Seems like most of this thread is about the ambilight feature, but has anyone tested 4K HDR-1080p SDR? I am considering this unit to connect a Roku Ultra and PS4 Pro to my 1080p projector.
I have the Diva convert HDR to 1080P SDR to a 1080P TV and send full 4K HDR to a JVC RS500 projector.

It works quite well. I leave the HDR to SDR Conversion Profile set to its default Profile 2 on the Tools menu. Profiles 3/4/5 are brighter but might be clipping some highlights. I haven't checked them for a while to see if they have improved with recent firmware.
aerodynamics and HDfury like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral
claw is offline  
post #470 of 542 Old 06-19-2019, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I have the Diva convert HDR to 1080P SDR to a 1080P TV and send full 4K HDR to a JVC RS500 projector.

It works quite well. I leave the HDR to SDR Conversion Profile set to its default Profile 2 on the Tools menu. Profiles 3/4/5 are brighter but might be clipping some highlights. I haven't checked them for a while to see if they have improved with recent firmware.

Hi Claw,


No improvement yet on profile, too busy with Vertex2 release atm, however, we already started working on new profile following some requests from games studios so those will be made available on public FW once completed.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #471 of 542 Old 06-19-2019, 09:19 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey Guys,
we tested the Boottime until Ambilight. Maybe this could be interesting for you
HDfury likes this.
Robert.N is offline  
post #472 of 542 Old 06-19-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I have the Diva convert HDR to 1080P SDR to a 1080P TV and send full 4K HDR to a JVC RS500 projector.

It works quite well. I leave the HDR to SDR Conversion Profile set to its default Profile 2 on the Tools menu. Profiles 3/4/5 are brighter but might be clipping some highlights. I haven't checked them for a while to see if they have improved with recent firmware.

Spoke too soon, devs told me they have 4 new profiles ready, will be on next update !

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #473 of 542 Old 06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
@HDfury Here's a couple videos of two of the ambient light issues that I mentioned. I still need to get some clear images that show the brightness. I haven't been able to get it shown clearly.

This one is of the strobe light effect that happens once in awhile. This AppleTV screen saver (as well as most of the night to day ISS ones) produce it. I've also seen it happen randomly with other content.

This one is of the light "pinching" to the center of the screen on my 85". It'll most likely be better when the longer light strands come out but a screen size setting in the software might still be needed to get them to match up.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is offline  
post #474 of 542 Old 06-19-2019, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
@HDfury Here's a couple videos of two of the ambient light issues that I mentioned. I still need to get some clear images that show the brightness. I haven't been able to get it shown clearly.

This one is of the strobe light effect that happens once in awhile. This AppleTV screen saver (as well as most of the night to day ISS ones) produce it. I've also seen it happen randomly with other content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lFan5Dw2rc

This one is of the light "pinching" to the center of the screen on my 85". It'll most likely be better when the longer light strands come out but a screen size setting in the software might still be needed to get them to match up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASJa3CHaqpo

Ok good thanx for that.


First we can fix, no problem.
Second we can may be fix, but I first need to see your TV backside how LED strip is installed please.




EDIT: Can you tell us how to get same screensaver, is it region specific ? could not find it here.
DesertDog likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-20-2019 at 03:38 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #475 of 542 Old 06-21-2019, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok good thanx for that.
First we can fix, no problem.
Second we can may be fix, but I first need to see your TV backside how LED strip is installed please.
Here's a the best picture I could get of the top side of the TV to show how the LED Strip is installed. It's not easy getting a good shot of an 85" when there's no one around to help move it to the floor. The Diva light strip is the one lit up (the other strip is the old DreamScreen one). I have the strip exactly centered on each side of the tv. So the distance from the corner to the first light is the same on the other side as what is shown in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	872.3 KB
ID:	2582728  

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is offline  
post #476 of 542 Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Here's a the best picture I could get of the top side of the TV to show how the LED Strip is installed. It's not easy getting a good shot of an 85" when there's no one around to help move it to the floor. The Diva light strip is the one lit up (the other strip is the old DreamScreen one). I have the strip exactly centered on each side of the tv. So the distance from the corner to the first light is the same on the other side as what is shown in the picture.

Yes, you would need larger strip as that explain the video you sent. i'll get back to you shortly, I know 112 leds for 75 and up are coming soon.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #477 of 542 Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes, you would need larger strip as that explain the video you sent. i'll get back to you shortly, I know 112 leds for 75 and up are coming soon.
That completely makes sense and was part of what I thought. I wasn't sure if it could be addressed in software too by having a screen size setting and adjusting the algorithm to account for screen size and strip length. I'll keep an eye out for the 112 led strips.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is offline  
post #478 of 542 Old 06-21-2019, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 548 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
That completely makes sense and was part of what I thought. I wasn't sure if it could be addressed in software too by having a screen size setting and adjusting the algorithm to account for screen size and strip length. I'll keep an eye out for the 112 led strips.

Yes, it could be addressed by software but I guess hardware will be available before we have time to code software to address it and hardware is better solution because corner should be max 5cm not more, it's clearly more on yours.
So once we have it, send email, we will arrange something for 85 inch tv owner that currently have ledstrip for 75inch

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #479 of 542 Old 06-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes, it could be addressed by software but I guess hardware will be available before we have time to code software to address it and hardware is better solution because corner should be max 5cm not more, it's clearly more on yours.
So once we have it, send email, we will arrange something for 85 inch tv owner that currently have ledstrip for 75inch
Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for the new lights. A max of 5 cm is way off from me. The the top and bottom have about 10 inches on each end with the sides having about 7 inches. That's just slightly off.

BTW, the Diva is my first HDFury product and you guys have had great customer service.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is offline  
post #480 of 542 Old 06-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
aerodynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 128
My Diva arrived today and it is nothing short of amazing for what it does at this price point. It has injected new life into my 1080p projector that I no longer feel the need to upgrade to a 4k unit. I was a little disappointed with the image I was getting out of the box but after making some adjustments, the HDR-SDR tone mapping is looking as good on my projector as the native 4k HDR image from my TCL R615 (using Profile 2). I did notice that changes made on the web server are more reliable on a PC browser. For some reason, the changes don't always take on an iPad. Looking forward to the firmware update with the additional profiles.

Viewsonic PX800HD | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | HDFury Diva | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
aerodynamics is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off