HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 153Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 869 Old 12-17-2018, 06:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
You can refer to any Vertex video or picture.
Main output can upscale and pass thru up to 18Gbps
Second output pass thru 1080p and always downscale 4K to 1080p and convert HDR to SDR if sink is SDR 1080p


This device is NOT a 18Gbps splitter, we already released the best 18Gbps splitter out there with Vertex or Integral2, so you can add one at Diva output if needed.
Sadly a missed chance, because putting two HDFury devices in chain, delays HDMI switching considerably.
e.g if you use vertex for splitting audio and video, and then another vertex to split the video, the audio will start 4 seconds before the video starts.
With 3 outputs on the Diva, it would've been the perfect fix for me.

My main issue is that I need to send out the outputs of my devices to two inputs on my TV, because they are differently configured (for video content, and for gaming content).
Right now I fix this by plugging 1 vertex into TV and audio, and plugging another vertex into TV and the other Vertex to pass on the audio.
As you expect, the audio then starts 4 seconds later than the image, but that's alright for video games
ALLM could remove the requirement for two inputs, but the LG OLEDs don't support it so far.

Last edited by proza; 12-17-2018 at 06:51 AM.
proza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 869 Old 12-17-2018, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
Sadly a missed chance, because putting two HDFury devices in chain, delays HDMI switching considerably.
e.g if you use vertex for splitting audio and video, and then another vertex to split the video, the audio will start 4 seconds before the video starts.
With 3 outputs on the Diva, it would've been the perfect fix for me.

My main issue is that I need to send out the outputs of my devices to two inputs on my TV, because they are differently configured (for video content, and for gaming content).
Right now I fix this by plugging 1 vertex into TV and audio, and plugging another vertex into TV and the other Vertex to pass on the audio.
As you expect, the audio then starts 4 seconds later than the image, but that's alright for video games
ALLM could remove the requirement for two inputs, but the LG OLEDs don't support it so far.

Then you will need Vertex2 later in 2019

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #33 of 869 Old 12-17-2018, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic- View Post
Yeah, now that I think on it a bit more, I guess it would be difficult for an external device to track the internal changes in FPS. However, I see video reviews where they track the frame-rate for a given game and how it drops for say 60fps to 50s/40s in complex areas or for games that are 30fps, drop to 20s. in some cases. I always wondering how they are tracking the rendered frames. Could they be counting the frames manually?

Not sure, for 1080p there should be some way for doing it, but for 4K it would cost several thousands dollars currently to have such solution.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 869 Old 12-20-2018, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Jeroen1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It appears some shops already put a price tag on Diva. Looks rather high to I don't know whether it is accurate
https://grenius.fi/tuotteet/index.ph...va-4-in-3-out/
https://www.beesting.fi/hdfury-4k-di...-p/c/p10477983

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.

Last edited by Jeroen1000; 12-20-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Jeroen1000 is offline  
post #35 of 869 Old 12-20-2018, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
It appears some shops already put a price tag on Diva. Looks rather high to I don't know whether it is accurate
https://grenius.fi/tuotteet/index.ph...va-4-in-3-out/
https://www.beesting.fi/hdfury-4k-di...-p/c/p10477983

It's not accurate and not a good practice.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #36 of 869 Old 12-23-2018, 03:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
Sadly a missed chance, because putting two HDFury devices in chain, delays HDMI switching considerably.
e.g if you use vertex for splitting audio and video, and then another vertex to split the video, the audio will start 4 seconds before the video starts.
With 3 outputs on the Diva, it would've been the perfect fix for me.

My main issue is that I need to send out the outputs of my devices to two inputs on my TV, because they are differently configured (for video content, and for gaming content).
Right now I fix this by plugging 1 vertex into TV and audio, and plugging another vertex into TV and the other Vertex to pass on the audio.
As you expect, the audio then starts 4 seconds later than the image, but that's alright for video games [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
ALLM could remove the requirement for two inputs, but the LG OLEDs don't support it so far.

Then you will need Vertex2 later in 2019
nice, is there any info what the vertex2 brings? How will it address my issues?
Is there no way you can still reconsider passing 4K as is on 2nd output of diva?
proza is offline  
post #37 of 869 Old 12-23-2018, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
nice, is there any info what the vertex2 brings? How will it address my issues?
Is there no way you can still reconsider passing 4K as is on 2nd output of diva?

No, Diva have dedicated 1080p SDR to feed 1080p SDR sink from 4K HDR incoming signal, this is also needed for Ambient light which is part of the Diva project.
Diva can do 4K HDR and 1080p SDR at the same time and that's among others, one of its main particularity. for doing that, you would need Vertex + HDfury X4 currently.

Vertex 2 will be exactly like the current Vertex + 4 inputs + webserver + dedicated audio out (so 4 in / 2 video out +1 audio out)

Vertex 2 will also be cheaper than Diva because it doesn't have HDR > SDR conversion integrated like Diva, which you don't need from what you wrote.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #38 of 869 Old 12-25-2018, 06:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
nice, is there any info what the vertex2 brings? How will it address my issues?
Is there no way you can still reconsider passing 4K as is on 2nd output of diva?

No, Diva have dedicated 1080p SDR to feed 1080p SDR sink from 4K HDR incoming signal, this is also needed for Ambient light which is part of the Diva project.
Diva can do 4K HDR and 1080p SDR at the same time and that's among others, one of its main particularity. for doing that, you would need Vertex + HDfury X4 currently.

Vertex 2 will be exactly like the current Vertex + 4 inputs + webserver + dedicated audio out (so 4 in / 2 video out +1 audio out)

Vertex 2 will also be cheaper than Diva because it doesn't have HDR > SDR conversion integrated like Diva, which you don't need from what you wrote.
I love it!! That’s exactly what I need. Can’t wait for vertex 2! If you need a beta tester with crazy home setup, I’m your guy!
proza is offline  
post #39 of 869 Old 12-25-2018, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
I love it!! That’s exactly what I need. Can’t wait for vertex 2! If you need a beta tester with crazy home setup, I’m your guy!

Expected time:


Maestro : January/February
Diva: February/March
Vertex 2: March/April


It could change so it's just estimation.


Happy Xmas to all ya guys !

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #40 of 869 Old 12-26-2018, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Jeroen1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Will they all be based on HDMI 2.0b?


Best wishes for the Holidays:-)!

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
Jeroen1000 is offline  
post #41 of 869 Old 12-26-2018, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
Will they all be based on HDMI 2.0b?


Best wishes for the Holidays:-)!

Yes.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #42 of 869 Old 12-26-2018, 07:18 AM
Member
 
Seraphic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Was 4K HDR to 4K SDR ever discussed as an option for the Diva on HDMI out 2?
Seraphic- is offline  
post #43 of 869 Old 12-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
I love it!! That’s exactly what I need. Can’t wait for vertex 2! If you need a beta tester with crazy home setup, I’m your guy!

Expected time:


Maestro : January/February
Diva: February/March
Vertex 2: March/April


It could change so it's just estimation.


Happy Xmas to all ya guys !
great, thanks, you too!
proza is offline  
post #44 of 869 Old 12-26-2018, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic- View Post
Was 4K HDR to 4K SDR ever discussed as an option for the Diva on HDMI out 2?
Not possible as it will push the price close to LRP price tag.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #45 of 869 Old 01-02-2019, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Diva Lag Tester - First test

Attached a short video clip (.MOV zipped) showing first test of lag tester concept for Diva (and Vertex 2)


You can see how bad a panel is to move from black to white, you can see that on scope, it should normally be a clean edge from low to high.
The Waweform is from black to white to black to white ... etc..
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_1982.zip (367.9 KB, 45 views)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #46 of 869 Old 01-16-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Cool HDMI2.1 eARC breakthrough for Maestro/Diva !

As stated previously in Maestro thread, our team have done the impossible once again
We are extremely proud to announce that Maestro (followed by Diva shortly) will be the world first 3rd party device to offer eARC and ARC sound extraction and forwarding to any AVR via its HDMI audio output !
HDMI2.1 eARC feature is now a reality on Maestro, tested with Dolby Atmos high bit rate over True HD, perfectly working !


Any ARC or eARC from TV can now be extracted automatically and forwarded to Maestro TX central HDMI audio output (and soon from Diva HDMI audio output) that can feed any AVR at its input when it is compatible with such Audio signal.


This feature will also be available separately as well through the long awaited and promised device called ARC-Key that will be released later this year.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 01-16-2019 at 10:39 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #47 of 869 Old 01-16-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,092
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2437 Post(s)
Liked: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
HDMI2.1 eARC feature is now a reality on Maestro, tested with Dolby Atmos high bit rate over True HD, perfectly working !
Any ARC or eARC from TV can now be extracted automatically and forwarded to Maestro TX central HDMI audio output (and soon from Diva HDMI audio output) that can feed any AVR at its input when it is compatible with such Audio signal.
Does this mean you have a Sony A9F or Z9F to test eARC? I think they might be the only TVs available yet with eARC support.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
claw is online now  
post #48 of 869 Old 01-16-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Does this mean you have a Sony A9F or Z9F to test eARC? I think they might be the only TVs available yet with eARC support.

No we are using IC vendor dev boards made for that purpose currently but we will get Sony TV or other at some point.
We however had it verified working already on Sony TV by tester if that's your question.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #49 of 869 Old 01-25-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
DIVA pitures and logo

Please find DIVA pictures and DIVA logo in attachment.


Maestro/Diva will be world first devices to offer and probably to ever offer:


- TMDS/pixel clock switching, sole switch in the world capable of autoswitching sources such as ATV4K, X1X, Shield or any others sources devices who keep sending +5v in standby and that no switcher in the world can autoswitch.
- World first and sole device in the world capable of extracting ARC and especially eARC up to Atmos high bitrate over True HD from capable eARC TV and forward to any AVR input (via 720p/1080p self generated stream)
- World first RS232 editable commands sender based on content type (that's Manni JVC macro open to any RS232 capable display)


Maestro/Diva are now effectively combining Vertex + AVR-Key + upcoming ARC-Key + more inputs + webserver + etc...


+ All DIVA unique features :
- Lag Tester Add On
- Embedded HDR > SDR converter
- Ambient Light Add On that works for 4K HDR/LLDV with 12b PCH Led accuracy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diva alone1 v2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2515922   Click image for larger version

Name:	diva 2x v2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	2515924   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo_small.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2515926   Click image for larger version

Name:	diva alone2 v2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2515928  
horea likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #50 of 869 Old 01-25-2019, 10:12 AM
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 3,491
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2810 Post(s)
Liked: 1945
Reposting here for context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
@HDfury - Is there any possibility at all to do image based aspect ratio detection on this or other HDfury products (detect position of black bars)? I know you have FPGA in some of them but I don't know if it has access to pixel data or not. It is a really useful feature for driving an electric masking projector screen, anamorphic lens setup, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Let's assume we can do aspect ratio detection or position of black bars, what's the next step ? just display the information of the ratio somewhere ? or something else ?
Maestro won't do that, but Diva eventually could. Since instead of real time 18Gbps analysis (which requires LRP) we can do same analysis on a downscaled stream and that won't alter the results.
So may be discuss that in Diva thread since it will never be possible on Maestro.
As you say, it should work fine on a lower resolution downscaled version of the video.

Once you have detected the black bars what you would ideally do is use that information to send RS232 or perhaps IP commands to control an electrics masking projector screen, to move the masks to correct position, and perhaps also to move an anamorphic lens infront of the projector lens and change the projector lens memories. Should also have capability to query bar information for custom applications.

The aspect ratio detection is available in the Lumagen Pro, but all the control aspects have to be implemented elsewhere. I have a Lumagen Pro and am using this function, I have a Raspberry PI hooked up to serial port on Lumagen to parse the information and set up my system. Would be nice to have other options.

There is at least one member on this forum who might have another use for this; @Dj Dee has a full-shut-off shutter he uses to give full fade to black for black screens during projection. He has some quite complicated electronics to detect the black screen and then move his shutter in place.

---

As an aside, I was under the impression that DIVA was just MAESTRO without HDBT... but it seems like there is some architectural difference internally which makes some things possible on DIVA that can't be done on MAESTRO?
bobof is offline  
post #51 of 869 Old 01-25-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Reposting here for context:

There is at least one member on this forum who might have another use for this; @Dj Dee has a full-shut-off shutter he uses to give full fade to black for black screens during projection. He has some quite complicated electronics to detect the black screen and then move his shutter in place.

---
Hi bobof
The shutter have its own signal from my receiver just the same as to the Projector. So signal to projector is normal straight from my marantz.

I use a Veritex to make the shutter to understand the same signal to the shutter as the AVfoundry os to old, this for 4K 4:4:4 and so on.
A AVfoundry is programed to detect black together with some other programed component that i don't know what is. This measures constantly for signal that is 0,0 Ire in the film together with the AVfoundry. When 0 IRE is detected shuts within just some milliseconds and opens the same way when not 0,0. You result perfect
bobof likes this.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #52 of 869 Old 01-25-2019, 11:41 AM
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 3,491
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2810 Post(s)
Liked: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Hi bobof
The shutter have its own signal from my receiver just the same as to the Projector. So signal to projector is normal straight from my marantz.

I use a Veritex to make the shutter to understand the same signal to the shutter as the AVfoundry os to old, this for 4K 4:4:4 and so on.
A AVfoundry is programed to detect black together with some other programed component that i don't know what is. This measures constantly for signal that is 0,0 Ire in the film together with the AVfoundry. When 0 IRE is detected shuts within just some milliseconds and opens the same way when not 0,0. You result perfect
Sure, I recall you describing how it worked previously . It is a nice way to achieve it.
My point was this solution could achieve the same for you with current, non-obsolete hardware, simplified equipment setup. Plus it is useful for folk doing all other kind of masking.
bobof is offline  
post #53 of 869 Old 01-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Question on the applicability to this product, or maybe another HDF product for my very unique purpose.

I’ll warn you in advance this is a very specific application.

I’m looking to possibly employ the use of a MiniDSP Nano Dirac Live processing unit. I’m also running an older Pre Pro that doesn’t accept HDCP2.2. The Nano needs 7.1 PCM and it needs a video signal to work, no greater then 1080 and 1.4 HDCP

So looking for this or another device, that is going to take the great output from my Panasonic UB820, my Apple TV 4K and my Roku Deluxe, switch between the 3 (could be limited to two if need be), separate the HDCP2.2 18Gbps 4K HDR 60fps 4:4:4 video of the selected input and send it via one output directly to my JVC RS400, and then separate the 7.1 PCM audio stream and a combined HD1.4a Hd video signal (MiniDSP needs this in the stream again to process the audio) and send it to the MiniDSP and then to my Non HDCP2.2 PrePro for audio assignment to my 7.1 XLR outputs.

What this does for me is gives me switching for 2-3 4K HDCP devices on my Jurassic pre-pro, gives me 7.1 Dirac Live room correction technology for those sources, and allows me to keep my current PrePro.

If you’re wondering I’ve decided to stick to 7.1 for a while due to somewhat low ceilings and sound dampening acoustic tiles as the ceiling (which would null any reflections of Atmos upfiring speakers). Not going to chase that format yet given those limitations.

Any added extra bonuses I get for the JVC video is a plus. Maybe audio or video felt to time align the signals may be required. However with the Panasonic UB820 tone mapping and SDR output it’s doing pretty fine on its own.

Thanks for the read on this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FOHTech is offline  
post #54 of 869 Old 01-27-2019, 01:12 AM
Member
 
MrJonas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Why do you have all connectors on one side?
It will be really tricky or nearly impossible to install it normal stereo rack with cables on both sides.
It would be so much easier with all cables on one side.

I struggle already with Integral2.
MrJonas is offline  
post #55 of 869 Old 01-27-2019, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Reposting here for context:





As you say, it should work fine on a lower resolution downscaled version of the video.

Once you have detected the black bars what you would ideally do is use that information to send RS232 or perhaps IP commands to control an electrics masking projector screen, to move the masks to correct position, and perhaps also to move an anamorphic lens infront of the projector lens and change the projector lens memories. Should also have capability to query bar information for custom applications.

The aspect ratio detection is available in the Lumagen Pro, but all the control aspects have to be implemented elsewhere. I have a Lumagen Pro and am using this function, I have a Raspberry PI hooked up to serial port on Lumagen to parse the information and set up my system. Would be nice to have other options.

There is at least one member on this forum who might have another use for this; @Dj Dee has a full-shut-off shutter he uses to give full fade to black for black screens during projection. He has some quite complicated electronics to detect the black screen and then move his shutter in place.

---

As an aside, I was under the impression that DIVA was just MAESTRO without HDBT... but it seems like there is some architectural difference internally which makes some things possible on DIVA that can't be done on MAESTRO?

Yes should be possible by making changes in RS232 macro and add black bar detection over there, you still need to provide the rules, ex: is one RS232 enough or you need multiple RS232 commands sent in a row. you need to be very specific in description if you want us to add such feature.


Maestro is HDBT oriented, Diva doesn't have HDBT, but have HDR>SDR converter instead that Maestro doesn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOHTech View Post
Question on the applicability to this product, or maybe another HDF product for my very unique purpose.

I’ll warn you in advance this is a very specific application.

I’m looking to possibly employ the use of a MiniDSP Nano Dirac Live processing unit. I’m also running an older Pre Pro that doesn’t accept HDCP2.2. The Nano needs 7.1 PCM and it needs a video signal to work, no greater then 1080 and 1.4 HDCP

So looking for this or another device, that is going to take the great output from my Panasonic UB820, my Apple TV 4K and my Roku Deluxe, switch between the 3 (could be limited to two if need be), separate the HDCP2.2 18Gbps 4K HDR 60fps 4:4:4 video of the selected input and send it via one output directly to my JVC RS400, and then separate the 7.1 PCM audio stream and a combined HD1.4a Hd video signal (MiniDSP needs this in the stream again to process the audio) and send it to the MiniDSP and then to my Non HDCP2.2 PrePro for audio assignment to my 7.1 XLR outputs.

What this does for me is gives me switching for 2-3 4K HDCP devices on my Jurassic pre-pro, gives me 7.1 Dirac Live room correction technology for those sources, and allows me to keep my current PrePro.

If you’re wondering I’ve decided to stick to 7.1 for a while due to somewhat low ceilings and sound dampening acoustic tiles as the ceiling (which would null any reflections of Atmos upfiring speakers). Not going to chase that format yet given those limitations.

Any added extra bonuses I get for the JVC video is a plus. Maybe audio or video felt to time align the signals may be required. However with the Panasonic UB820 tone mapping and SDR output it’s doing pretty fine on its own.

Thanks for the read on this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks like basic 4K HDR passthru + downscaled signal or forwarding of full audio via self generated stream for HDMI/HDCP 1.x equipment so no problem, works out of the box.





Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Why do you have all connectors on one side?
It will be really tricky or nearly impossible to install it normal stereo rack with cables on both sides.
It would be so much easier with all cables on one side.

I struggle already with Integral2.

You prolly mean why "don't you have" ... ?


If yes, then answer is easy, the product would look weird if it had all connectors on one side, basically twice as large, half less long, kind of soundbar style.
The device is not made to be rack mounted, it is made to provide real time info via OLED/OSD, on the fly configuration thru push buttons and OLED menu with inputs in front of you, typical desk usage.
This is because we have way more content creator users than any other.


If you want to influence typical design and use case, please bring in friends and more potential users that will drive design toward your needs.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #56 of 869 Old 01-28-2019, 01:37 AM
Member
 
MrJonas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
You prolly mean why "don't you have" ... ?


If yes, then answer is easy, the product would look weird if it had all connectors on one side, basically twice as large, half less long, kind of soundbar style.
The device is not made to be rack mounted, it is made to provide real time info via OLED/OSD, on the fly configuration thru push buttons and OLED menu with inputs in front of you, typical desk usage.
This is because we have way more content creator users than any other.


If you want to influence typical design and use case, please bring in friends and more potential users that will drive design toward your needs.
Thank you for your answer and know I understand how you see on your design.
You are correct it should be "don't you have".
I disagree that it will look weird but of course that the design is aimed for were you have most users.
MrJonas is offline  
post #57 of 869 Old 02-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Member
 
Lush78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
When can we expect a preorder?
Lush78 is offline  
post #58 of 869 Old 02-04-2019, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush78 View Post
When can we expect a preorder?

Near end of this month or in next couple of weeks.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #59 of 869 Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Member
 
Lush78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Near end of this month or in next couple of weeks.
What are we expecting for a price? Trying to decide if this is still the best avenue for my needs... It seems to do everything I want and more, so most likely if it's economical...
Lush78 is offline  
post #60 of 869 Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,423
Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush78 View Post
What are we expecting for a price? Trying to decide if this is still the best avenue for my needs... It seems to do everything I want and more, so most likely if it's economical...

Around 400-500$

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off