HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 153Likes

post #811 of 870 Old 11-09-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 621 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4661 Post(s)
Liked: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmatheny11 View Post
AVR. It was associated with the handshake type issues.

I'll try those 3 tests when I get a chance.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Ok, you should not see that anymore with the fw I sent, let me know please.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 870 Old 11-09-2019, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Tried all 3 tests. None resolved the issue. I've already intiated a return with Amazon.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
post #813 of 870 Old 11-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can the Diva manage/pass through the Free Sync part of the HDMI single from the XBox 1 to a Samsung TV that supports Free Sync over HDMI ( Q9FN)?

I want to connect the XBox to the TV and split the Dolby Audio to the receiver but keep Free Sync intact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 870 Old 11-11-2019, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowearth View Post
Can the Diva manage/pass through the Free Sync part of the HDMI single from the XBox 1 to a Samsung TV that supports Free Sync over HDMI ( Q9FN)?

I want to connect the XBox to the TV and split the Dolby Audio to the receiver but keep Free Sync intact.
No device in the world can do that, we found a way to do it, but not enough request yet to justify production, so unless there is more people asking, such solution will come end of 2020 only.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #815 of 870 Old 11-11-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No device in the world can do that, we found a way to do it, but not enough request yet to justify production, so unless there is more people asking, such solution will come end of 2020 only.
Cool, thanks for the update.
post #816 of 870 Old 11-14-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Diva FW 0.55.0.11

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on FW 0.55.0.11 #########

1. new TCP/IP supporting more requests, current connection must be terminated before a new one does anything, now using netconn connections instead of socket telnet.

2. Fixed a condition when input is 4K50 420 and downscaled to 1080p50, Wrong VIC code was presented at the output.

3. Custom HDR replacement routines updated.

4. DV mode reporting on OSD/OLED from Shield 2019 fixed.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.55.0.11.zip

post #817 of 870 Old 11-14-2019, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on FW 0.55.0.11 #########

1. new TCP/IP supporting more requests, current connection must be terminated before a new one does anything, now using netconn connections instead of socket telnet.

2. Fixed a condition when input is 4K50 420 and downscaled to 1080p50, Wrong VIC code was presented at the output.

3. Custom HDR replacement routines updated.

4. DV mode reporting on OSD/OLED from Shield 2019 fixed.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.55.0.11.zip

Just tested with a 2019 Shield. Works well now, OSD/OLED now display correct information after playing DV content and going back to non DV.
Good job.
HDfury likes this.
post #818 of 870 Old 11-16-2019, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 52
oh well, might has well try and ask for help...

Before I asked you guys I've been in touch with minidsp to figure out why this happens without any luck so far.

Nvidia -> LG C9 -> earc set to passthrough -> Diva audio out port -> minidsp nanoavr-DL -> Onkyo avr

I have three situations. First is a strange one not related to minidsp but diva? or eARC ?

My Onkyo is reporting is it getting a 7.1 multichannel PCM out of diva audio from eARC signal. When it should only be reporting 5.1 and maybe this is why I get trouble down bellow. I have double checked and the Onkyo definitely distinguishes and shows correctly stereo , 5.1 and 7.1 on the info screen so something is up.
I dunno what is creating the issue though. LG HDMI info screen correctly identifies how many audio channels are in the signal but.. ?

Diva and nanoavr fail to negotiate 5.1 channels @Any sample rate no matter what I try EXCEPT 96000 sample rate, stereo works fine but by trial and error I found that it negotiates 5.1 channels @96000 sample rate "just fine" (still thinks it is 7.1 audio).

Second situation is that on every windows reboot, something fails again to negotiate between diva and nanoavr-dl and I get no audio until I change to stereo output and back again to 5.1. Probably because windows starts @48000 but something fails when it negotiates/changes to 96000 5.1, that is my guess.

IF I connect Diva audio out directly to Onkyo all is ""working fine"" , I mean I have 5.1 audio working regardless of sample rate and no more issue if I reboot windows but maybe because of that 7.1 bad identification (just a pretty bad guess of mine) nanoavr-dl does not like it ?? I dunno..

After several logs and some emails, Minidsp guys don't have a clue why this is happening and asked me to ask if you guys could have a look.

-------------------- ********************************-----------------------------------------

Now after all of this, I disabled eARC, connected another cable from Nvidia directly to diva, extended windows desktop and now audio goes directly to diva and there is something going on. Something is failing to negotiate correctly audio channels. It is better to show a video of issues I found out.

And after again all of this I connected Nvidia directly to onkyo and this is how it should work.

AND for final test Nvidia -> nanoavr-dl -> onkyo and again all is working. Just to prove that nanoavr-dl is in the chain I force number of channels using nanoavr-dl tool and show avr reacting to it. AUTO is passthrough

So to sum all of this, diva has issues with audio out port.

Can you have a look into this, please ? (tests were made with 0.55.0.11 fw)

Last edited by adolfotregosa; 11-16-2019 at 08:30 AM.
post #819 of 870 Old 11-17-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfotregosa View Post
oh well, might has well try and ask for help...

Before I asked you guys I've been in touch with minidsp to figure out why this happens without any luck so far.

Nvidia -> LG C9 -> earc set to passthrough -> Diva audio out port -> minidsp nanoavr-DL -> Onkyo avr

I have three situations. First is a strange one not related to minidsp but diva? or eARC ?

My Onkyo is reporting is it getting a 7.1 multichannel PCM out of diva audio from eARC signal. When it should only be reporting 5.1 and maybe this is why I get trouble down bellow. I have double checked and the Onkyo definitely distinguishes and shows correctly stereo , 5.1 and 7.1 on the info screen so something is up.
I dunno what is creating the issue though. LG HDMI info screen correctly identifies how many audio channels are in the signal but.. ?

Diva and nanoavr fail to negotiate 5.1 channels @Any sample rate no matter what I try EXCEPT 96000 sample rate, stereo works fine but by trial and error I found that it negotiates 5.1 channels @96000 sample rate "just fine" (still thinks it is 7.1 audio).

Second situation is that on every windows reboot, something fails again to negotiate between diva and nanoavr-dl and I get no audio until I change to stereo output and back again to 5.1. Probably because windows starts @48000 but something fails when it negotiates/changes to 96000 5.1, that is my guess.

IF I connect Diva audio out directly to Onkyo all is ""working fine"" , I mean I have 5.1 audio working regardless of sample rate and no more issue if I reboot windows but maybe because of that 7.1 bad identification (just a pretty bad guess of mine) nanoavr-dl does not like it ?? I dunno..

After several logs and some emails, Minidsp guys don't have a clue why this is happening and asked me to ask if you guys could have a look.

video of the issue

-------------------- ********************************-----------------------------------------

Now after all of this, I disabled eARC, connected another cable from Nvidia directly to diva, extended windows desktop and now audio goes directly to diva and there is something going on. Something is failing to negotiate correctly audio channels. It is better to show a video of issues I found out.

Audio out issue

And after again all of this I connected Nvidia directly to onkyo and this is how it should work.

Everything works correctly.

AND for final test Nvidia -> nanoavr-dl -> onkyo and again all is working. Just to prove that nanoavr-dl is in the chain I force number of channels using nanoavr-dl tool and show avr reacting to it. AUTO is passthrough

nanoavr-dl also working correctly

So to sum all of this, diva has issues with audio out port.

Can you have a look into this, please ? (tests were made with 0.55.0.11 fw)

Video is not really helpful here, what would help is a config export at each stage that you described.
You wrote "IF I connect Diva audio out directly to Onkyo all is ""working fine"" > That should give you hints about where the issue comes from.
Make sure your C9 have latest fw, since no eARC was working correctly on it before last firmware (from around mid October, not sure for all countries thus)

when "Nano" reports something that is not like it should be, try to just disconnect and reconnect Audio out, does it fix it ? if yes, then it's same issue that we heard on NAD, guys are working on that, it seems some AVR/soundsystem/device needs a complete resync of signal to change audio mode or simply consider or reconsider audio infoframe.

post #820 of 870 Old 11-17-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Video is not really helpful here, what would help is a config export at each stage that you described.
You wrote "IF I connect Diva audio out directly to Onkyo all is ""working fine"" > That should give you hints about where the issue comes from.
Make sure your C9 have latest fw, since no eARC was working correctly on it before last firmware (from around mid October, not sure for all countries thus)

when "Nano" reports something that is not like it should be, try to just disconnect and reconnect Audio out, does it fix it ? if yes, then it's same issue that we heard on NAD, guys are working on that, it seems some AVR/soundsystem/device needs a complete resync of signal to change audio mode or simply consider or reconsider audio infoframe.
C9 running latest FW.

While using eARC It does not help reconnecting with nanoavr. Multi channel only works with sample rate @96000. Any other one and it fails.

If I remove nanoavr and connect directly to onkyo (like I showed on the video)it works at other sample rates but that always thinks it is receiving a 7.1 pcm signal despite only sending 5.1 when using eARC. Stereo works fine @Any sample rate.

eARC seams to be working correctly, at least C9 identifying input signals correctly and since it is a passthrough after all, it should not be messing with the signal. I have attached eARC config export like you requested and attached pictures of what C9 sees audio wise.

DIVA export config is exactly the same when changing audio channels while in eARC . Export config file does not change.

I have attached hdmi config exports. They change with audio channels but hdmi audio out does not reflect them.. ??!??
I have to "issue hotplug" two times so that it eventually changes to the correct signal but the funny thing is when going down in channels 7.1 -> 5.1 -> stereo, my AVR does not reflect the changes but going from stereo to -> 5.1 or 7.1 lol it changes from what ever it managed to negotiate (7.1 or 5.1) and goes to stereo when it was already at 5.1 or 7.1, this is crazy.

If I remove diva from all of this (obviously when using hdmi not eARC) all works fine. It negotiates correctly channels, up, down, in between. It works fine, like I showed on the video.

So there are two issues here.

eARC 5.1 pcm -> audio out outputs 7.1 PCM. I never saw 5.1 PCM on my avr info screen. With nanoavr-dl in the chain only 96000 sample rate multichannel works from the audio out port.

hdmi -> audio out has trouble negotiating audio channels changes, even after I issue hotplug, have to do it twice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191117_154516.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	2642180   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191117_154500.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	2642182   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191117_154447.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	379.6 KB
ID:	2642184   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191117_154400.jpg
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	2642186   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191117_154347.jpg
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	2642188  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191117_154332.jpg
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	2642190  
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-eARC.txt (11.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt DIVA-HDMI_48000_7.1.txt (11.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt DIVA-HDMI_48000_Stereo.txt (11.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt DIVA-HDMI_48000_5.1.txt (11.3 KB, 3 views)
post #821 of 870 Old 11-17-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
C9 running latest FW.

While using eARC It does not help reconnecting with nanoavr. Multi channel only works with sample rate @96000. Any other one and it fails.

If I remove nanoavr and connect directly to onkyo (like I showed on the video)it works at other sample rates but that always thinks it is receiving a 7.1 pcm signal despite only sending 5.1 when using eARC. Stereo works fine @Any sample rate.

eARC seams to be working correctly, at least C9 identifying input signals correctly and since it is a passthrough after all, it should not be messing with the signal. I have attached eARC config export like you requested and attached pictures of what C9 sees audio wise.

DIVA export config is exactly the same when changing audio channels while in eARC . Export config file does not change.

I have attached hdmi config exports. They change with audio channels but hdmi audio out does not reflect them.. ??!??
I have to "issue hotplug" two times so that it eventually changes to the correct signal but the funny thing is when going down in channels 7.1 -> 5.1 -> stereo, my AVR does not reflect the changes but going from stereo to -> 5.1 or 7.1 lol it changes from what ever it managed to negotiate (7.1 or 5.1) and goes to stereo when it was already at 5.1 or 7.1, this is crazy.

If I remove diva from all of this (obviously when using hdmi not eARC) all works fine. It negotiates correctly channels, up, down, in between. It works fine, like I showed on the video.

So there are two issues here.

eARC 5.1 pcm -> audio out outputs 7.1 PCM. I never saw 5.1 PCM on my avr info screen. With nanoavr-dl in the chain only 96000 sample rate multichannel works from the audio out port.

hdmi -> audio out has trouble negotiating audio channels changes, even after I issue hotplug, have to do it twice.
No need to look any further, it's C9 issue, same since the beginning in fact, so you can find this issue on the C9 thread on avsforum.
So LG have fixed the C9 not reacting to EARC CDS change, but they haven't fixed the PCM issue yet. so just wait.

5.1 does not work from lg
When sending anything else but 7.1 to lg it forwards it via earc with stereo infoframe
It’s actually more complicated but it boils down to this
We are able to detect certain other things in the earc stream to distinguish between 2 channel and multichannel but we cannot detect within multichannel if it is 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 etc
So we are now defaulting to using 7.1 in this case. Because this way for example the center channel still maps correctly
This is as opposed to what Denon does when earc. It configures stereo only and nothing works
Anyway this is what happens with lg with multichannel pcm. It is still faulty
We know it is 100% lg problem, because if we send the same signal via earc evkit in lab then all infoframe and channel status is correct, confirmed on Sony TV too.

post #822 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
5.1 does not work from lg
When sending anything else but 7.1 to lg it forwards it via earc with stereo infoframe
I'm sorry but that is incorrect. it works just fine here. I have 5.1 and 7.1. I just had to edit windows edid to make it show multichannel options. Can you give me a test firmware that does not changes what earc and audio out does and simply passes through the audio signal so I can test what I get over here?

Edit: would really like a test fw that does not messes with the signal because something is making a failed negotiation for multichannel at any sample rate other than @96000 when I try to use nanoavr-dl in the chain.

Last edited by adolfotregosa; 11-18-2019 at 06:15 AM.
post #823 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm sorry but that is incorrect. it works just fine here. I have 5.1 and 7.1. I just had to edit windows edid to make it show multichannel options. Can you give me a test firmware that does not changes what earc and audio out does and simply passes through the audio signal so I can test what I get over here?

Edit: would really like a test fw that does not messes with the signal because something is making a failed negotiation for multichannel at any sample rate other than @96000 when I try to use nanoavr-dl in the chain.

That is NOT incorrect, that is absolutely correct, LG C9 eARC implementation have issues, actually the unit would not even react to any EARC CDS change until mi OCTOBER update. and yet that firmware update did not fix the major issue C9 is having.
This is well documented on AVSforum already: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...fo-thread.html

Excerpt below:

Quote:
The LG implementation ignores the media handles for PCM 5.1 and PCM 7.1 audio, which means it is not possible to pass uncompressed HD audio from devices like game titles on consoles like Xbox/PS4 that send HD audio uncompressed. There is no technical reason this shouldn't work (and does work on competitor televisions from Sony) this is just an omission on LGs part in supporting the formats

post #824 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 06:41 AM

I understand that for consoles but you can make it work on windows really easy, I'm telling you, I have multi channel uncompressed pcm working from eARC on my setup.
The only issue I'm having is with nanoavr that only works @96000 sample rate. It is not perfect but it works so I ask again if I can have a test fw that simply passes through audio signals to audio port. I will report my findings.
post #825 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
how do I get Diva to passthrough [email protected]?

With a direct connection PC <=> TV it works fine, with DIVA in the middle I only get max. 60hz at every resolution.
post #826 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis200SX View Post
how do I get Diva to passthrough [email protected]?

With a direct connection PC <=> TV it works fine, with DIVA in the middle I only get max. 60hz at every resolution.
Just use your TV EDID or any EDID that present such capabilities then you will have same results.

post #827 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I understand that for consoles but you can make it work on windows really easy, I'm telling you, I have multi channel uncompressed pcm working from eARC on my setup.
The only issue I'm having is with nanoavr that only works @96000 sample rate. It is not perfect but it works so I ask again if I can have a test fw that simply passes through audio signals to audio port. I will report my findings.
I'm sorry but we cannot start doing special fw to fix brand new display issue when issue is documented and fix already planned by display manufacturer.

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/4423/oled-c9-edid-limitation-regarding-hdmi-earc-pass-through/

Excerpt below:

Quote:
LG will be introducing PCM Multi-channel support when using eARC in the 2 quarter of 2020. This will be possible via a software update for 2019 & 2020 TV that support eARC.

post #828 of 870 Old 11-18-2019, 08:52 AM

If a simple test that could give good results for every PC user with diva is not interesting I dunno what is. Honestly a passthrough option should been here by design, then you could really say diva does not touch the signal. C'mon how hard is it to implement and test?
post #829 of 870 Old 11-19-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Just use your TV EDID or any EDID that present such capabilities then you will have same results.
This worked fine, thank you very much
HDfury likes this.
post #830 of 870 Old 11-21-2019, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
If a simple test that could give good results for every PC user with diva is not interesting I dunno what is. Honestly a passthrough option should been here by design, then you could really say diva does not touch the signal. C'mon how hard is it to implement and test?

If it's that easy to do, you should be able to reverse engineer the firmware and code it yourself.

I've done coding and I've managed coders. Connecting software to sophisticated hardware such as the hdfury devices is very difficult to do and even more difficult to do well. The expectation that hdfury should prioritize a one-off "how hard can it be" request like this shows a staggering degree of narcissism.
post #831 of 870 Old 11-21-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
If it's that easy to do, you should be able to reverse engineer the firmware and code it yourself.

I've done coding and I've managed coders. Connecting software to sophisticated hardware such as the hdfury devices is very difficult to do and even more difficult to do well. The expectation that hdfury should prioritize a one-off "how hard can it be" request like this shows a staggering degree of narcissism.
Yeah, your opinion, nothing against it but also utterly useless on this thread. You helped in absolutely nothing on reaching a solution.

Please, uderstand that a lack of interest in trying something that is basically already there, we users just don't have access to it and that they have literally said they "hard coded it to be this way because, decisions" is becoming a theme on hardware manufacturers and frustrating to us users.
post #832 of 870 Old 11-21-2019, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Regarding Audio: what comes in / goes out untouched and this is a fact ! Yet that apply to HDMI sound because ARC and eARC does not work the same way.
In the case discussed here, eARC, TV is reading CDS and Diva/Vertex2 and Maestro are the first and sole devices in the world that offer CDS customization... and guess what, C9 mid October finally made it react to CDS change as it should.
so talking about eARC, CDS and solution, we are on world highest summit already here. Wake up !

That sentence is not correct: " If a simple test that could give good results for every PC user with diva is not interesting I dunno what is"
Correct version is: "if correcting LG latest flagship eARC issue that was admitted, recognized by LG and for which LG promised an update and gave a timeframe, so if correcting such issue for any owners of LG C9 that do use eARC and do also have a HTPC in his setup with Diva is not interesting, I dunno what is".

There is a rule in this industry, "first adopters always get screwed" and in your situation, you are very lucky.
Because while I understand the frustration of buying new TV with new tech to then discover that the new tech is not working as it should and will need a postponed fw update to work fine, it is nothing compared to buyers of Samy latest HDMI2.1 TV that does not have and will never have eARC at all while it is sold as HDMI2.1 display that is supposed to have it included ..

Anyway, back to the topic:

It might be not hard to code and implement, however:

1) It will break support for any working eARC TV such as all Sony TV. So such Fw would be exclusive to ... YOU till LG delivers their promise.
2) It is useless since LG admitted the issue and promised update and gave time estimate for it already via official rep on official LG support forum.
3) We cannot do such special "useless" firmware for 1 user, if there is dozens and dozens asking, then sure we will consider it

Given the above, the only way we can do anything is if there is more and more people asking for it.

If you want a custom firmware done for some special use case, please note that we offer custom firmware dev service.
It is then a paid job to reach a specific behavior defined by the customer. Please send email for that.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-21-2019 at 12:06 PM.
post #833 of 870 Old 11-21-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
That sentence is not correct: " If a simple test that could give good results for every PC user with diva is not interesting I dunno what is"
Correct version is: "if correcting LG latest flagship eARC issue that was admitted, recognized by LG and for which LG promised an update and gave a timeframe, so if correcting such issue for any owners of LG C9 that do use eARC and do also have a HTPC in his setup with Diva is not interesting, I dunno what is".

It might be not hard to code and implement, however:

1) It will break support for any working eARC TV such as all Sony TV. So such Fw would be exclusive to ... YOU till LG delivers their promise.
2) It is useless since LG admitted the issue and promised update and gave time estimate for it already via official rep on official LG support forum.
3) We cannot do such special "useless" firmware for 1 user, if there is dozens and dozens asking, then sure we will consider it

Given the above, the only way we can do anything is if there is more and more people asking for it.

If you want a custom firmware done for some special use case, please note that we offer custom firmware dev service.
It is then a paid job to reach a specific behavior defined by the customer. Please send email for that.

Yes. But I was already at peace that you wouldn't try to add a passthrough option. I also understand that what you are doing is making sony users happy. But you could also at least consider that a passthrough option would be nice to have and does not break Sony compatibility.

But please stop saying ""you"" just because I'm the only one that at least tries and asks for help.
post #834 of 870 Old 11-21-2019, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes. But I was already at peace that you wouldn't try to add a passthrough option. I also understand that what you are doing is making sony users happy. But you could also at least consider that a passthrough option would be nice to have and does not break Sony compatibility.

Re read answer, post was being edited.

Quote:
But please stop saying ""you"" just because I'm the only one that at least tries and asks for help.
If there is any other, I'm sure they will manifest themselves.

post #835 of 870 Old 11-21-2019, 12:20 PM

And again I'm at peace. I just asked for help, showed what ever I found in hopes of being helpful, sorry it wasn't.

Bottom line, I asked, you said no/not possible/not enough requests, we move on to greater days.
post #836 of 870 Old 11-23-2019, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Maestro - LG C9 + Epson 5050UBE

Hi,

Am mostly loving my Maestro TX/RX. But just bought a new OLED and with it came a new problem.

Input is the latest Amazon Fire TV Cube that supports Dolby Vision.

LG C9 is connected to the TX and the 5050Ube is connected to the RX.
Mostly works fine except when playing Dolby Vision material.
For example, The Crown Series 3 on Netflix.

With TX set to Automix (Max Audio, Max Video) the C9 is great, but the Epson gets a pink picture (very much like this thread).

If I choose custom and set the input to #4 Q9FN, then everything is working, but I lose, obviously, Dolby Vision.
Choosing #5 . Sony LLDV or #8 LG65C8 LLDV restores DV and sometimes works. But sometimes i get the pink stuff -- but on the LG!

Any ideas on how to get my DV without the pink!

Thanks.

p.s.
Unrelated, I think, but with DV there seems to be a significant black crush in dark scenes...but that just may be adjustments and tuning (can the maestro help with that?).
post #837 of 870 Old 11-23-2019, 12:12 AM

Maestro - LG C9 + Epson 5050UBE

Hi,

Am mostly loving my Maestro TX/RX. But just bought a new OLED and with it came a new problem.

With TX set to Automix (Max Audio, Max Video) the C9 is great, but the Epson gets a pink picture (very much like this thread).

If I choose custom and set the input to #4 Q9FN, then everything is working, but I lose, obviously, Dolby Vision.
Choosing #5 . Sony LLDV or #8 LG65C8 LLDV restores DV and sometimes works. But sometimes i get the pink stuff -- but on the LG!

Thanks.

p.s.
Unrelated, I think, but with DV there seems to be a significant black crush in dark scenes...but that just may be adjustments and tuning (can the maestro help with that?).
post #838 of 870 Old 11-23-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skavan View Post
Hi,

Thanks.

p.s.

Please use Maestro thread for Maestro questions !

Normal DV passthru (from TX to RX) is not supported at 600MHz/18Gbps, only at 300MHz/10.2Gbps, While normal DV at 600MHz/18Gbps is supported from TX input to TX output. LLDV is supported directly of via TX>RX at 600MHz/18Gbps. So you would first need to make sure that your source is capable of sending LLDV, not all sources can do LLDV.

You also need to understand how DV works, in the case of normal DV, you cannot use same signal to 2 different display, that won't work. similarly you cannot downscale or manipulate DV without breaking the DV stream.
In a normal DV transmission, source get the DV string of the display and will output the signal for that display in a RGB container, at reception the display will decipher and process it. That DV string cannot be deciphered by any other display that the one it was made for.

In case of LLDV and with some particular sources only, you can force the source to do all processing on its side, the signal is then very similar to a HDR signal and can be rendered correctly by forcing a display in its HDR mode (there is an option for that in HDR/DV section called USE CUSTOM HDR WHEN INPUT IS LLDV)

If you want to go further, report in maestro thread and add some config export, but in all cases, only a few capable sources will work for LLDV. Normal DV is not possible to get to both a DV tv and a no-DV PJ.

post #839 of 870 Old 11-23-2019, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking 30% OFF on EVERYTHING

Black Friday starts now, till end of the month.

Black Friday week is starting now and will continue till the end of the month.
This year, we have created a 30% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog. However there is one drawback, it is only available for the first 100 purchase. So hurry up !

Coupon code to use in shopping cart: BLACK30
gsr likes this.

post #840 of 870 Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Please use Maestro thread for Maestro questions !

Normal DV passthru (from TX to RX) is not supported at 600MHz/18Gbps, only at 300MHz/10.2Gbps, While normal DV at 600MHz/18Gbps is supported from TX input to TX output. LLDV is supported directly of via TX>RX at 600MHz/18Gbps. So you would first need to make sure that your source is capable of sending LLDV, not all sources can do LLDV.

You also need to understand how DV works, in the case of normal DV, you cannot use same signal to 2 different display, that won't work. similarly you cannot downscale or manipulate DV without breaking the DV stream.
In a normal DV transmission, source get the DV string of the display and will output the signal for that display in a RGB container, at reception the display will decipher and process it. That DV string cannot be deciphered by any other display that the one it was made for.

In case of LLDV and with some particular sources only, you can force the source to do all processing on its side, the signal is then very similar to a HDR signal and can be rendered correctly by forcing a display in its HDR mode (there is an option for that in HDR/DV section called USE CUSTOM HDR WHEN INPUT IS LLDV)

If you want to go further, report in maestro thread and add some config export, but in all cases, only a few capable sources will work for LLDV. Normal DV is not possible to get to both a DV tv and a no-DV PJ.
Thanks for a helpful and educational answer. Sorry about posting in the wrong thread....I have a diva (not in use right now) and the browser brought me to the wrong forum by accident! I'll post a follow up question there....

s.
HDfury likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page