HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 241Likes

post #1081 of 1226 Old 01-31-2020, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 658 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5146 Post(s)
Liked: 1471
Arrow Diva FW 0.62.0.12

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on FW 0.62.0.12 #########

1. Improve compatibility from audio out and TX1 (especially NAD AVR and LG SK9/SK9 soundbar)

2. Fixed issue while selecting advanced STM profile thru IP control/protocol. (hdrprofile)

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.62.0.12.zip

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1226 Old 01-31-2020, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordivergens View Post
Hi all,

I got a new Diva and I am having some trouble configuring the HDR->SDR output.

The available tone mapping profiles either give a very dark image or slightly brighter image with blown highlights and crushed blacks. I am also seeing visible banding in the videos after tone mapping. I am not sure if I am setting things up correctly.

I have an Apple TV 4k going to my Marantz SR6011 AVR and from that to my Epson Home Cinema 3700 projector. I have this problem streaming Netflix as well as Disney+. I also have a Roku Ultra that I tried instead of the Apple TV 4K and I see the same issue on both Netflix and Disney+.

To debug I tried going from the Apple TV 4k --> Diva --> Projector to eliminate any issues with the AVR, but still have the issue.

Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions? Exported config while streaming The Witcher from Netlfix on the apple tv attached if that will help.
Same problems here. But with nvidia shield

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #1083 of 1226 Old 02-01-2020, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 View Post
Same problems here. But with nvidia shield

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think we have room to improve 4K24 but i don't think there is room to improve 4K60
I'll talk to devs and get back to you.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1084 of 1226 Old 02-01-2020, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Can't get 4K lag test working

Hi HDFury,

Could you please advise with directions on getting 4K lag test working? I am trying to run some lag tests for a fellow AVS member and I have been able to do this in the past but for some reason I cannot get this to work anymore. I have reset my Diva back to factory defaults and followed the instructions in the Diva manual to the letter. As long as I have my usual 2 display setup connected I get an image on both screens, all is working as expected, and i can lag test the display connected to the TX1 output. When I disconnect my monitor from TX1 and reroute the cable back to an open HDMI input on the Diva the unit stops reporting EDID info and I cannot get an image on my 82" Q90R.

This was happening on firmware .60.0.12 and persists on firmware .62.0.12. Once again I had this working correctly on a much earlier firmware but after many months and many firmware updates I can't tell you which one it was at this point. Source is an Xbox One S (but same issue occurs with my RTX 2080 TI), sink is an 82" Q90R. Xbox is connected to Diva HDMI 0 input. TX1 is connected to Diva HDMI 1 input. TX0 output is connected to Q90R. Port Selector TX0 is set to Input 1, TX1 is set to Input 0. My understanding is that this should loop the Diva's 1080p output back into a Diva input where it can be upscaled and output as 4K. Autoscaling is enabled. TX0 No Upscaling is NOT checked. HDR > SDR conversion is set to Profile 0 - Off. All other Diva settings are at factory defaults. Xbox is set to output 1080p and Q90R has Input Signal Plus enabled.

The Diva manual is still Rev 1.0 dated from May 2019 and I know some things have changed since release. Also, the manual is not very detailed or specific when it comes to it's lag tester capablilities. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated as i will be needing the lag tester somewhat more frequently in the next couple of months. I have tried to be as specific as I can but if there is any further info I can provide please don't hesitate to ask.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #1085 of 1226 Old 02-01-2020, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
Hi HDFury,

Could you please advise with directions on getting 4K lag test working? I am trying to run some lag tests for a fellow AVS member and I have been able to do this in the past but for some reason I cannot get this to work anymore. I have reset my Diva back to factory defaults and followed the instructions in the Diva manual to the letter. As long as I have my usual 2 display setup connected I get an image on both screens, all is working as expected, and i can lag test the display connected to the TX1 output. When I disconnect my monitor from TX1 and reroute the cable back to an open HDMI input on the Diva the unit stops reporting EDID info and I cannot get an image on my 82" Q90R.

This was happening on firmware .60.0.12 and persists on firmware .62.0.12. Once again I had this working correctly on a much earlier firmware but after many months and many firmware updates I can't tell you which one it was at this point. Source is an Xbox One S (but same issue occurs with my RTX 2080 TI), sink is an 82" Q90R. Xbox is connected to Diva HDMI 0 input. TX1 is connected to Diva HDMI 1 input. TX0 output is connected to Q90R. Port Selector TX0 is set to Input 1, TX1 is set to Input 0. My understanding is that this should loop the Diva's 1080p output back into a Diva input where it can be upscaled and output as 4K. Autoscaling is enabled. TX0 No Upscaling is NOT checked. HDR > SDR conversion is set to Profile 0 - Off. All other Diva settings are at factory defaults. Xbox is set to output 1080p and Q90R has Input Signal Plus enabled.

The Diva manual is still Rev 1.0 dated from May 2019 and I know some things have changed since release. Also, the manual is not very detailed or specific when it comes to it's lag tester capablilities. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated as i will be needing the lag tester somewhat more frequently in the next couple of months. I have tried to be as specific as I can but if there is any further info I can provide please don't hesitate to ask.
The initial routines that allowed output to be routed back to input had to be changed due to some setup issue (all documented in this thread history) and that is no more possible since a while unless you insert a device in between.
so if you have any of our others devices, just insert it at TX1 output before connecting back to Diva input and it will work fine.

And yes, you are right, usermanual needs to be updated to reflect all latest additions, that will happen soon once we have enough feedback on brand new framework we just released for Maestro and that will come to Vertex2/Diva once confirmed perfect in various users setups.

Last edited by HDfury; 02-01-2020 at 09:22 PM.
post #1086 of 1226 Old 02-02-2020, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
The initial routines that allowed output to be routed back to input had to be changed due to some setup issue (all documented in this thread history) and that is no more possible since a while unless you insert a device in between.

so if you have any of our others devices, just insert it at TX1 output before connecting back to Diva input and it will work fine.

And yes, you are right, usermanual needs to be updated to reflect all latest additions, that will happen soon once we have enough feedback on brand new framework we just released for Maestro and that will come to Vertex2/Diva once confirmed perfect in various users setups.
Thank you for the clarity and the speed of your response. I also have an Integral laying around and after much wrestling with things I was able to get this working using your suggested method.

One question I have is how confident are you in the lag test results from the Diva? I am recording results that in some cases seem suspiciously low. It's possible that Samsung has tweaked their displays to achieve lower latency but there are several tests where I am repeatedly seeing results of less than 10ms. This is an astonishingly low figure for any tv even in game mode so I'm trying to determine if this is actually correct or due to user error.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #1087 of 1226 Old 02-02-2020, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for the clarity and the speed of your response. I also have an Integral laying around and after much wrestling with things I was able to get this working using your suggested method.

One question I have is how confident are you in the lag test results from the Diva? I am recording results that in some cases seem suspiciously low. It's possible that Samsung has tweaked their displays to achieve lower latency but there are several tests where I am repeatedly seeing results of less than 10ms. This is an astonishingly low figure for any tv even in game mode so I'm trying to determine if this is actually correct or due to user error.
There is much to say about input lag, could wrote a few pages about it as we already had extensive discussion with magazines and online reviewers on this topic.
bottom line is this:

- always compare several tv with same sources, same content, same signal, changing any parameters upfront can lead to huge difference at lag test results.
- make at least 10 or 20 measurements and the TV average lag is the measurement results average. (disconnect and reconnect HDMI cable between each test)
- wait at least 30 sec when you change a TV mode from one to an other, many TV start to activate or disable processing options gradually, for ex, C9 game mode is optimal after 20sec only.
- HDMI2.1 with QFT have lower input lag than any other.
- HDCP play a role on input lag, that's why DVI solution for testing input lag are irrelevant
- When testing 60Hz content, frame time is 16.66ms which means that depending of sync pulse, there is potentially a +/- 8ms possible difference on any 60Hz content (4ms on 120Hz, 2ms on 240Hz, etc..) so higher the refresh rate, more accurate is the lag measurement, that's why it is recommended to run multiple measurement on 60Hz and make an average from them and that represent the TV average input lag.

As conclusion i would say that it is misleading to give a TV input lag as a solid static number. such thing does not exist in reality.
input lag should be given as an average of what user can expect from the TV. (unless we have 1000Hz content and then input lag would be a solid not changing number always)

This being said, if you dig google a bit you will find much better technical explanation for all what i wrote above.

Last edited by HDfury; 02-02-2020 at 02:22 PM.
post #1088 of 1226 Old 02-04-2020, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Ok if you still have blinking it could be power issue, the one segment with purple spot i think need to be exchanged.
Please try to list if single or double have each issue, cause that is not clear yet to me.

Also please take closer pic of ledstrip and connections please.
Do you know if the single one making is the one that was included during pre order period ?

How many power supplies do you have for double led ?
Correct, it's the single LED strip that came with the pre-order. It uses a different power connector than the more recent ones. I've attached an image.

Concerning the purple LED, when I press on it it turns white, but then pops back to purple a few seconds later. This is also the same strip that is dark on the second-half of the bottom segment. Similar to the purple, pressing on the first dark LED makes it go on, but it doesn't stay.

Related, do you have a power supply that can power both strips at the same time (I use a single & a double LED strip in parallel). Each power supply is quite bulky and takes up a lot of space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0698.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	2680468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0699.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	2680470  

Abstract yourself!
post #1089 of 1226 Old 02-04-2020, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorg View Post
Correct, it's the single LED strip that came with the pre-order. It uses a different power connector than the more recent ones. I've attached an image.

Concerning the purple LED, when I press on it it turns white, but then pops back to purple a few seconds later. This is also the same strip that is dark on the second-half of the bottom segment. Similar to the purple, pressing on the first dark LED makes it go on, but it doesn't stay.

Related, do you have a power supply that can power both strips at the same time (I use a single & a double LED strip in parallel). Each power supply is quite bulky and takes up a lot of space.
Ok can you please send email to contact at hdfury.com or 3dfury at gmail.com and include the pics you made and the previous video you made as well as short description and link to your posts here.

I think we need to replace the first segment and last segment on the single one.

No there is no way to have one power supply for both ledstrips, actually the double led should have 2 power supplies on its own, one at the start of it (first segment) and one at the end of it (last segment), so if that's not your case, then they will replace it as well.

I think the first segment of single ledstrip broke because on the pic we can see that there is nearly a 90 degrees angle on the first led, this might have broke the solder on first led, yet i'm not sure why last segment also show an issue.
Please avoid making such right angle on the ledstrip, you can do such angle on the power cable, but not on the flex pcb of the ledstrip.

post #1090 of 1226 Old 02-04-2020, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
No there is no way to have one power supply for both ledstrips, actually the double led should have 2 power supplies on its own, one at the start of it (first segment) and one at the end of it (last segment), so if that's not your case, then they will replace it as well.
Looking at the last segment of the double LED strip, I don't see how to attach another power supply (see attached photo).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0700.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2680534  

Abstract yourself!
post #1091 of 1226 Old 02-04-2020, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorg View Post
Looking at the last segment of the double LED strip, I don't see how to attach another power supply (see attached photo).
Yes it needs replacement, send email and they will arrange it

post #1092 of 1226 Old 02-09-2020, 04:08 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
XBX and DV

Hi,

I just upgraded from my old Sony to a new LG C9 OLED.
While DV works with my ATV 4K the DV option is greyed out on my X1X. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
post #1093 of 1226 Old 02-09-2020, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrasticWolfpain View Post
Hi,

I just upgraded from my old Sony to a new LG C9 OLED.
While DV works with my ATV 4K the DV option is greyed out on my X1X. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
Just export and post your config as attachment, then you got immediate correct answer, for the moment i suppose you are not using automix.
DrasticWolfpain likes this.

post #1094 of 1226 Old 02-09-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Just export and post your config as attachment, then you got immediate correct answer, for the moment i suppose you are not using automix.
You are right.
So automix is recommended?
Thanks for your quick response.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-9.2.2020.txt (11.8 KB, 2 views)
post #1095 of 1226 Old 02-09-2020, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are right.
So automix is recommended?
Thanks for your quick response.
Yes for DV it is mandatory, for LLDV you can use some custom edid that have support for LLDV or use CUSTOM DV STRING in AUTOMIX. (default custom DV string is Sony A1 LLDV)
But for real DV , AUTOMIX is mandatory.

This is because DV is working differently than anything else, your display have a DV string and the source will use that DV string to send DV stream in RGB container and then only your TV will be able to handle it.
So each TV is different in this regard, or at least each serie or manufacturer is different.

So use AUTOMIX, if your TV is at TX0, use TX0 option for VIDEO, if you have an AVR at audio out, use AUDIO OUT option for AUDIO. and you will be fine.

post #1096 of 1226 Old 02-10-2020, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 32
@HDfury

Would it be possible to add an Automix option into the Custom EDID dropdown? Ideally what I'd be able to configure is the following:

Input RX0 - Automix TX0 +Full Audio
Input RX1 - 80. 1080p60-444 12-bit All Sound
Input RX2 - 5. CUSTOM 5 [SONY A1 LLDV V2] + Full Sound + 3D

Also, is it just me or did the OLED display change with the new firmware? I no longer get the outlines on mine after upgrading to latest version.

-b
post #1097 of 1226 Old 02-10-2020, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmandra View Post
@HDfury

Would it be possible to add an Automix option into the Custom EDID dropdown? Ideally what I'd be able to configure is the following:

Input RX0 - Automix TX0 +Full Audio
Input RX1 - 80. 1080p60-444 12-bit All Sound
Input RX2 - 5. CUSTOM 5 [SONY A1 LLDV V2] + Full Sound + 3D

Also, is it just me or did the OLED display change with the new firmware? I no longer get the outlines on mine after upgrading to latest version.

-b
No, it is not possible to add automix under custom edid, since there is major difference between automix and custom edid, however what you can do is the following:
Run your system in automix for RX0 and if all is fine, READ and SAVE that automix EDID, then load it back as a custom EDID and assign it to RX0

Not sure what you mean about OLED, may be post a pic of it so we can get what you mean, thanx.

post #1098 of 1226 Old 02-10-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
No, it is not possible to add automix under custom edid, since there is major difference between automix and custom edid, however what you can do is the following:
Run your system in automix for RX0 and if all is fine, READ and SAVE that automix EDID, then load it back as a custom EDID and assign it to RX0

Not sure what you mean about OLED, may be post a pic of it so we can get what you mean, thanx.
Thanks, will try doing that tonight with the EDIDs. Alternatively I suppose I could always download the TX0 EDID and use an editor to add in full audio. I'll email a pic of the OLED to support later today when I get home.

-b
post #1099 of 1226 Old 02-10-2020, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, will try doing that tonight with the EDIDs. Alternatively I suppose I could always download the TX0 EDID and use an editor to add in full audio. I'll email a pic of the OLED to support later today when I get home.

-b
Reading Automix EDID will be much faster to create your own custom edid

post #1100 of 1226 Old 02-11-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Reading Automix EDID will be much faster to create your own custom edid
Thanks, that did the trick! Regarding the OLED it fixed itself when I changed pages so wasn't able to get a picture.
HDfury likes this.
post #1101 of 1226 Old 02-12-2020, 10:36 AM

@HDfury

I just noticed on my Integral 2 with latest firmware it’s using a DV version 1 string vs the version 2 string on my Diva. And that the integral GUI shows the decoded values of the version 1 string, but this string doesn’t seem editable. Is it possible to have the decoding done for both DV version 1 and 2, and have editable DV strings on both the Diva and Integral 2?

I can email the code to support for decoding the version 2 block if needed.
post #1102 of 1226 Old 02-12-2020, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury

I just noticed on my Integral 2 with latest firmware it’s using a DV version 1 string vs the version 2 string on my Diva. And that the integral GUI shows the decoded values of the version 1 string, but this string doesn’t seem editable. Is it possible to have the decoding done for both DV version 1 and 2, and have editable DV strings on both the Diva and Integral 2?

I can email the code to support for decoding the version 2 block if needed.
Yes please send email (3dfury at gmail.com) because i'm not sure i'm following well, may be our devs will …

In all cases, its prolly not possible to add anything else on Integral2 due to no more memory being available. On Diva, we still have plenty memory as new generation was made to not run into such issue anymore. So no problem for Diva.

post #1103 of 1226 Old 02-12-2020, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Diva FW 0.63.0.12

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on FW 0.63.0.12 #########

1. Network routines update for routers compatibility improvements.

2. Low level routines updated.

3. Added new option under webserver>CEC page which when enabled makes Diva scan CEC commands and when there are routing change commands (like on ATV menu-button) it will issue a command to turn on TV

4. Added static TV on/off commands via IP and webserver buttons. The RS232/IP command is "set ceccmd poweron" or "set ceccmd poweroff"

5. Added an arbitrary CEC command issue via RS232/IP. The RS232/IP command is "set ceccmd aa:bb.."

6. TX1 routine updated.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.63.0.12.zip
Power cycle your unit after this update. (remove/reconnect power cord)

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	turningTVon.png
Views:	51
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	2684176  

post #1104 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 01:04 AM

settings VRR

Hi,

currently I am struggling to find the right settings.

LG OLED C9
X1X
ATV4K

All connected to the Diva.
Of course I want to get DV with the ATV and for that I have to use the automix mode. On the other side I want to use VRR with the X1X which I can not get to work except when I use the custom mode set 4. Which is the right setting to get both to work?
(of course the ambient light shoud also be working)
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-15.2.2020.txt (12.0 KB, 4 views)
post #1105 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

LG OLED C9
X1X
ATV4K

Of course I want to get DV with the ATV and for that I have to use the automix mode. On the other side I want to use VRR with the X1X which I can not get to work except when I use the custom mode set 4. Which is the right setting to get both to work?

VRR works with the Diva?!?

post #1106 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

LG OLED C9
X1X
ATV4K

If you want VRR then connect X1X to TV direct and use eARC to retrieve sound from DIVA TX0 connected to C9 TV ARC/eARC input and Diva AUDIO OUT going to your sound system HDMI INPUT !, Diva also needs to be set as AUDIO PROCESSOR under CEC settings and TV and Diva must be restarted after you make any changes in this section.

If you want Ambient light to work, you need to use LLDV and not DV. Ambient light does NOT work with DV.

Quote:
VRR works with the Diva?!?
No and there is no device in the world that can be inserted between VRR SOURCE and VRR display that allow VRR to work optimally (well except one we did in lab but not enough requests to release it), that's just not how such feature are supposed to work or be used.
Even upcoming 2.1 AVR with "VRR" feature won't do that well, they will limit the fluctuation range, so totally useless for the purpose, also for ex 1080p120 stable 120Hz is way better than any VRR, so not sure why people are trying to get such VRR working at all when they can have stable 120Hz framerate and the fluctuation range of X1X at 4K is just ridiculous to say the least.

post #1107 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
If you want VRR then connect X1X to TV direct and use eARC to retrieve sound from DIVA TX0 connected to C9 TV ARC/eARC input and Diva AUDIO OUT going to your sound system HDMI INPUT !, Diva also needs to be set as AUDIO PROCESSOR under CEC settings and TV and Diva must be restarted after you make any changes in this section.

If you want Ambient light to work, you need to use LLDV and not DV. Ambient light does NOT work with DV.

No and there is no device in the world that can be inserted between VRR SOURCE and VRR display that allow VRR to work optimally (well except one we did in lab but not enough requests to release it), that's just not how such feature are supposed to work or be used.
Even upcoming 2.1 AVR with "VRR" feature won't do that well, they will limit the fluctuation range, so totally useless for the purpose, also for ex 1080p120 stable 120Hz is way better than any VRR, so not sure why people are trying to get such VRR working at all when they can have stable 120Hz framerate and the fluctuation range of X1X at 4K is just ridiculous to say the least.
oh okay, I am sorry I am not that experienced.
I just thought becuse in custom edid mode there is an option "ALLM VRR HDR10" which makes it possible to activate VRR on the X1X. What is it good for when you say this actually does not work?
To plug the X1X to the LG directly is no option for me because I want the ambient light when I play.
post #1108 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
oh okay, I am sorry I am not that experienced.
I just thought becuse in custom edid mode there is an option "ALLM VRR HDR10" which makes it possible to activate VRR on the X1X. What is it good for when you say this actually does not work?
To plug the X1X to the LG directly is no option for me because I want the ambient light when I play.
Custom EDID are here for the purpose of testing, our devices are used by all biggest manufacturers out there for edid testing, so it's not because we copy an EDID from a popular display that it means it will work for your use case.
ALLM is supported, VRR is not supported as per my previous reply.

VRR is made to work from source to display direct as i outlined previously as well.

So the best thing for you i guess is to keep most of your sources to Diva input for ambient light and then consider what you should do with X1X, either direct to TV for VRR and retrieve eARC with Diva or use it direct or via Diva for 1080p120 which i believe should be better, i think if you connect direct you can also get 1440p120 as this timing is unsupported for ambient led currently.
DrasticWolfpain likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 02-15-2020 at 09:58 AM.
post #1109 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Custom EDID are here for the purpose of testing, our devices are used by all biggest manufacturers out there for edid testing, so it's not because we copy an EDID from a popular display that it means it will work for your use case.
ALLM is supported, VRR is not supported as per my previous reply.

VRR is made to work from source to display direct as i outlined previously as well.

So the best thing for you i guess is to keep most of your sources to Diva input for ambient light and then consider what you should do with X1X, either direct to TV for VRR and retrieve eARC with Diva or use it direct or via Diva for 1080p120 which i believe should be better, i think if you connect direct you can also get 1440p120 as this timing is unsupported for ambient led currently.
yep. I understand that. I am just wondering why I can enable the VRR when using the custom string because as you said this should not be possible.

ps: you support is really awesome, I appreciate that.
HDfury likes this.
post #1110 of 1226 Old 02-15-2020, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I didn't think it would work but thanks for the clarification.

I appreciate the advice but I have no interest in 1080p gaming at any framerate. OTOH if you ever release that proof of concept as an actual product I will be first in line, otherwise I will probably just grab a new receiver with VRR passthrough despite the possible limitations once they become available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page