HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 243Likes

post #1201 of 1257 Old 03-13-2020, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5169 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordvarg View Post
Hi again,
I read somewhere that Hdfury is on Discord.
How do I join?
Go on HDfury.com , click support and then click 24/7 support.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1257 Old 03-13-2020, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked: 2581
Anxiously awaiting the DV related firmware update.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H/X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
post #1203 of 1257 Old 03-13-2020, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Anxiously awaiting the DV related firmware update.
couple of days away, more likely within next 48H max.
claw likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1204 of 1257 Old 03-13-2020, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Diva FW 0.66.0.12 - LLDV TOTAL OWNAGE

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

MAJOR UPDATE

######### What's new on FW 0.66.0.12 #########

1. Improved robustness and compatibility for downscaled formats (VSI infoframe fix)

2. Added DV/LLDV detection from OLED and Webserver

3. Added new DV section with DV metadata decoder, DV datablock decoder and DV datablock creator.

4. Added new ALLM control section with force ON/OFF or follow settings available and assignable to a specific input.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.66.0.12.zip

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.

Attached pics are from Vertex2, for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DV_decipher_decode_create.png
Views:	51
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	2697288   Click image for larger version

Name:	ALLM.png
Views:	37
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	2697290  
bjorg likes this.

post #1205 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Looks good, running with a Sony x930e - nicely detailed DV information!

One issue on the webui - any Refresh (via the Refresh button on the bottom of the web page) of tabs from DV on go to the next tab on the right.

For example, if on the HDR/AVI tab, Refresh refreshes that tab.
If on the DV tab, Refresh goes to the next tab - OSD.

I have tried this on both Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
post #1206 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Looks good, running with a Sony x930e - nicely detailed DV information!

One issue on the webui - any Refresh (via the Refresh button on the bottom of the web page) of tabs from DV on go to the next tab on the right.

For example, if on the HDR/AVI tab, Refresh refreshes that tab.
If on the DV tab, Refresh goes to the next tab - OSD.

I have tried this on both Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Yes Maestro have this refresh issue as well, Vertex2 seems Ok, also noted that OSD output show DIVA on Vertex2. will be correctly shortly, sorry, we had worked a lot lately, just yesterday we did 3 updates for 3 different devices.

post #1207 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The DV features look cool but I don't think I understand what they do enough to know how to use them. I don't spend enough time reading about new AV tech to really understand all of the options of the Diva in general. Thus some stupid questions:

Do those functions mean that DV has been "cracked" enough so that I can use the ambient lighting with DV instead of having to force LLDV? If so, what would the config for that look like?

Also would someone help me with determining the optimal solution for using multiple DV devices (AppleTV, Amazon Fire)? What I have right now looks good to me, but I'm not sure that I've gone through every permutation of settings.

Attached is my config if it helps. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-3_14_2020.txt (12.0 KB, 2 views)
post #1208 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
The DV features look cool but I don't think I understand what they do enough to know how to use them. I don't spend enough time reading about new AV tech to really understand all of the options of the Diva in general. Thus some stupid questions:

Do those functions mean that DV has been "cracked" enough so that I can use the ambient lighting with DV instead of having to force LLDV? If so, what would the config for that look like?

Also would someone help me with determining the optimal solution for using multiple DV devices (AppleTV, Amazon Fire)? What I have right now looks good to me, but I'm not sure that I've gone through every permutation of settings.

Attached is my config if it helps. Thanks!
The firmware you are running currently is 0.64.0.12 so even if you wanted to use the new DV feature, you would not be able to do it because you are not running latest firmware.
The new feature allow LLDV source to be tweaked in order to match your display capabilities, i would suggest to refer to : https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...ectors-38.html
or the similar post on AVforums but apparently i'm not allowed to link to it, if you need the link, send me a PM.
Changes added to latest firmware are for LLDV, there is still no available method to make real DV and real DV output work for ambient light even if we made some progress lately, we are not yet at a point where we can say that such feature will happen for sure in X days.
Give us some time, we did 3 updates last friday alone and nearly no sleep since, so we will take a day off this sunday and investigate more next week. Also, latest firmware have some small issues, nothing that prevent anything, so there will be quick fix to them.

post #1209 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 02:16 PM

@claw - thanks for taking a look! Attached is the config output from version 0.66.0.12 while playing a DV source (Wonder Woman on AppleTV). My main goal is to have optimal picture, audio and ambient light for my setup. I have a B7 LG OLED so let me know if I need to change my config for HDR. Or if my settings are pretty close to optimal for what the Diva currently does, I'm fine with leaving it alone too.

@HDfury - I hope I didn't come off as pushing you for more DV features. This was more of a query of "what can I do with the new DV settings." I'm just impressed with the "hey, we found somethings out about DV" followed by DV firmware changes a few days later. You guys do need to take some time off.

Maybe I can start to assemble some FAQs for people like me who aren't very AV savvy. Thank you all for your patience with me and my simple questions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-3_14_2020(1).txt (11.9 KB, 5 views)
post #1210 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@claw - thanks for taking a look! Attached is the config output from version 0.66.0.12 while playing a DV source (Wonder Woman on AppleTV). My main goal is to have optimal picture, audio and ambient light for my setup. I have a B7 LG OLED so let me know if I need to change my config for HDR. Or if my settings are pretty close to optimal for what the Diva currently does, I'm fine with leaving it alone too.

@HDfury - I hope I didn't come off as pushing you for more DV features. This was more of a query of "what can I do with the new DV settings." I'm just impressed with the "hey, we found somethings out about DV" followed by DV firmware changes a few days later. You guys do need to take some time off.

Maybe I can start to assemble some FAQs for people like me who aren't very AV savvy. Thank you all for your patience with me and my simple questions.

No no don't worry, i didn't took that as i push, but yes we made a step toward DV support, but that is still not yet reached. Actually we fully unlocked DV content from LLDV capable source on any HDR10 display, which is not something that will help you a lot since you have a DV capable TV already, but will please any HDR10 display owners.
If you use a LG TV, i would not use the default DV custom string option which is based on Sony A1, also i saw you have checked HLG and other option ,you don't need to check anything in automix, check in automix is to force a feature, your TV already support DV, HDR, etc.. so just let TX0 for VIDEO and AUDIO OUT for AUDIO flag if your sound system is at AUDIO OUT.
Now of course if you prefer current results, feel free to use them, at some point , user needs to make their own experimentation and decision based on what they feel looks better to their eyes.
I cannot say if this or that particular settings will look better to your eyes, i can only say this or that settings is wrong if that's the case and i don't see anything fundamentally wrong in your config.

post #1211 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked: 2581
Quote:
With a B7, you don't need or want to send custom HDR metadata. Your B7 should automatically enter its Dolby Vision picture mode when it sees LLDV input.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H/X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
post #1212 of 1257 Old 03-14-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
With a B7, you don't need or want to send custom HDR metadata. Your B7 should automatically enter its Dolby Vision picture mode when it sees LLDV input.
@HDfury @claw :

I appreciate it. Now I understand the tech a bit better too. Thanks!
HDfury likes this.
post #1213 of 1257 Old 03-17-2020, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

MAJOR UPDATE

######### What's new on FW 0.66.0.12 #########

1. Improved robustness and compatibility for downscaled formats (VSI infoframe fix)

2. Added DV/LLDV detection from OLED and Webserver

3. Added new DV section with DV metadata decoder, DV datablock decoder and DV datablock creator.

4. Added new ALLM control section with force ON/OFF or follow settings available and assignable to a specific input.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Diva_FW_0.66.0.12.zip

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.

Attached pics are from Vertex2, for reference.
Hello, I upgraded and for the 1st time my LG C8 pops up "Invalid format" ("Format non valide" in French, see picture) while playing a DV bluray from an oppo 205 (mortal engines). unpluging the hdmi cable between tv/diva to test it with oppo on same hdmi port and plug the diva back solve the issue. This is the 1st time I had such an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6815.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	2699060  
post #1214 of 1257 Old 03-17-2020, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx59 View Post
Hello, I upgraded and for the 1st time my LG C8 pops up "Invalid format" ("Format non valide" in French, see picture) while playing a DV bluray from an oppo 205 (mortal engines). unpluging the hdmi cable between tv/diva to test it with oppo on same hdmi port and plug the diva back solve the issue. This is the 1st time I had such an issue.
Just export and post config if you have any problem and make sure to power cycle and HARD RESET after firmware update if you haven't hard reset the unit since a while or after a couple of firmware update.

post #1215 of 1257 Old 03-25-2020, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There’s been no activity here for days and it’s usually pretty busy. Is this due to the virus?
post #1216 of 1257 Old 03-26-2020, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey HDFury I have two questions:

What's the cheapest way to make HDMI1.x compatible with the ambilight (specifically 720p video game consoles)? From what I saw the source has to be upgraded to HDMI2.0 and I'm wondering if there are cheaper methods than the HDFURY X4?

I have an issue that often when a video has a hard transition from white to black the ambilights get stuck on white for several seconds. Is this common? Is there something I should try to adjust to improve the signal or power integrity?
post #1217 of 1257 Old 03-27-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcianf View Post
Hey HDFury I have two questions:

What's the cheapest way to make HDMI1.x compatible with the ambilight (specifically 720p video game consoles)? From what I saw the source has to be upgraded to HDMI2.0 and I'm wondering if there are cheaper methods than the HDFURY X4?

I have an issue that often when a video has a hard transition from white to black the ambilights get stuck on white for several seconds. Is this common? Is there something I should try to adjust to improve the signal or power integrity?
For ambient light to work you don't need any HDMI2.0, you just need 1080p, the only device we have that can upscale any PC/HDTV to 1080p is X4.

The led issue with white color is not common, which ledstrip version do you have ? if you have the one supplied freely during pre order, there was an update for it, if you have another one ordered later or separately, you should be fine, but still can be power supply related.

post #1218 of 1257 Old 03-27-2020, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I do have a problem with DV content on Netflix, the Shield Pro 2019 and an OLED55B7D.

If I enter a DV movie on Netflix, the screen gets dark, but the TV shows DV and switches the mode.

Any help?
post #1219 of 1257 Old 03-27-2020, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fir3drag0n View Post
I do have a problem with DV content on Netflix, the Shield Pro 2019 and an OLED55B7D.

If I enter a DV movie on Netflix, the screen gets dark, but the TV shows DV and switches the mode.

Any help?
Export config when the issue manifest and add it as attachment in your reply if you need help, otherwise we cannot guess your settings and your setup.

post #1220 of 1257 Old 03-28-2020, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Wow

New owner here. I have a 4k projector and an older 1080p that I wanted to use for when the kids play Xbox for hours at a time. The Diva was exactly what I needed, and works great (EDID is a breeze compared to other things I have fought with in the past). What prompted me to write this post was after we were playing some Xbox, we watched Top Chef (and I just left it on the 1080p projector). The upscaling (from 1080i I beleive) was so superior to anything else I've used, and produced an incredibly smooth image. This device is great!
post #1221 of 1257 Old 03-28-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Any help?

Export config when the issue manifest and add it as attachment in your reply if you need help, otherwise we cannot guess your settings and your setup.
It somehow contradicts your statement that in automix mode, you should just enable tx01 output and nothing else with lg oled DV. But in order to get a picture with shield and Netflix DV, I need to enable the custom string DV checkbox...
Attachment 2702856
Attachment 2702858

Last edited by fir3drag0n; 03-28-2020 at 02:05 PM.
post #1222 of 1257 Old 03-28-2020, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It somehow contradicts your statement that in automix mode, you should just enable tx01 output and nothing else with lg oled DV. But in order to get a picture with shield and Netflix DV, I need to enable the custom string DV checkbox...
Attachment 2702856
Attachment 2702858
Sorry i'm not sure how my answer to ask for config can contradict anything here, and your attachment links are not working, just add TXT file as attachment.

Automix will mix capability just fine as long as both edid can be mixed without dropping anything. when you mix 2 edid that are full or nearly full, there is always some choice and compromise to do.

post #1223 of 1257 Old 03-28-2020, 02:23 PM

post #1224 of 1257 Old 03-28-2020, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So you are getting DV in and DV out on this config, can you explain and elaborate on what is the issue you are trying to solve here please, looks like no issue to me so far.

post #1225 of 1257 Old 03-28-2020, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 2161
Got everything working with DV and the DIVA. Pleasantly surprised, and a great upgrade. Thanks @HDfury
post #1226 of 1257 Old 03-29-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
So you are getting DV in and DV out on this config, can you explain and elaborate on what is the issue you are trying to solve here please, looks like no issue to me so far.
Unfortunately I don't: with my Shield pro 2019, I need to enable the checkbox DV custom string (no further setting set). Without that, my TV goes into DV mode (in the Netflix app), and the screen stays black (sound is okay, but no image). I don't know why is that.

Last edited by fir3drag0n; 03-29-2020 at 12:19 AM.
post #1227 of 1257 Old 03-29-2020, 06:24 AM

Okay, I did some trying and with DV custom string checkbox, the mode is as follows:

4K59.931 422 BT2020 12b LLDV 593MHz 2.2

There, I get a picture in the Netflix app.

But with mode

4K59.931 RGB BT2020 8b DV 593MHz 2.2

I cannot get a picture.

Why is that?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk
post #1228 of 1257 Old 03-29-2020, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't: with my Shield pro 2019, I need to enable the checkbox DV custom string (no further setting set). Without that, my TV goes into DV mode (in the Netflix app), and the screen stays black (sound is okay, but no image). I don't know why is that.
From the config you sent:

"RX0": " 4K59.930 RGB BT2020 8b DV 593MHz 2.2",
"RX1": " 4K59.930 RGB BT2020 8b DV 593MHz 2.2",
"TX0": " 4K59.930 RGB BT2020 8b DV 593MHz 2.2",

As you see, DV IN and DV OUT. note that this is NORMAL DV and NOT LLDV.

Now about why you are having blackscreen, just have to rule out a few things to find:
1) Try with FW i sent via PM, see if same issue.
2) If same issue, give a complete chain description starting from source > brand and length of cable > equipment brand/model > brand/length of cable > etc...
3) Set FIXED EDID MODE, (you won't have DV support in this mode) if that gives a picture and only DV does not give a picture then it's cable issue. DV60 and LLDV60 needs 600MHz bandwidth which means you need perfect cable to get it working.

post #1229 of 1257 Old 03-29-2020, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Okay, I did some trying and with DV custom string checkbox, the mode is as follows:

4K59.931 422 BT2020 12b LLDV 593MHz 2.2

There, I get a picture in the Netflix app.

But with mode

4K59.931 RGB BT2020 8b DV 593MHz 2.2

I cannot get a picture.

Why is that?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk
Use COPY TX0 SINK EDID MODE and see if normal DV still have problem, if yes, try with FW i sent.

I think its just your automix settings being wrong but that depends on your setup so may be first describe setup correctly.

post #1230 of 1257 Old 03-29-2020, 06:51 AM

If I go directly from my av to TV, normal DV seems to work, but if I use the diva, LV does not seem to work, even with the fw to sent me.

Setup:

Shield Pro 2019 > yamaha v685 > diva > b7 oled and Y&H 4K HDR HDMI2.0 Game Capture Card USB 3.0 + raspberry pi 4 (ambilight)

Using HDMI2.0 cables with different lengths (amazon basic).

To no 3:

Fixed EDID mode, still no picture.

Last edited by fir3drag0n; 03-29-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page