HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 108Likes

post #121 of 546 Old 03-06-2019, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4166 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury,
I also own the DreamScreen 4K ambient light system mentioned by 2 posters earlier on and thanks to the downscaling option of the Vertex on one output, I'm finally quite satisfied with the lighting.
What they mean by 2 lightstrips is for a use around a very large surface (projector screen for example) where one strip would light 2 sides of the screen and the second strip would light the other 2 sides.
Could also work on very large TVs where 2 shorter strips combined, would be used to surround a 70+ inch screen, not to give a brighter effect during daylight.
Taking a look at the picture you posted with 2 strips side-by-side, there's quite a gap without lighting in the corner of the TV between the strips...
You should take a look at DreamScreens LED strips and how you can span-out the multiple sections in order to place them evenly around different TV sizes for a given number of sections (and even combine them as previously indicated) if it can "inspire" you guys without getting into trouble!
The numerous setup/control options they have could also inspire you guys in providing a better user experience if not already available (global/individual side brightness, colour adjustment depending on the colour of the walls, etc.).
But technicaly speaking, your hardware skills are infinitely better than theirs, the same goes for your responsiveness to solving any issues.
By the way, how does the lightstrip connect to the DIVA?
Regards,
W.
-No, we don't make such ledstrip that you can combine together to make a longer length (at least not for now), as I wrote before there will be a page for ledkits of various length with up to 118 leds.
-Yes, we prefer to leave the corner free of led for a few reasons, first because top right and bottom right corner can display TV logo/PEGI notification, etc.. that can interfere with lightning even if we have routine in code against that, it can still fake us when they are animated so the color detection make abstraction of corners. Second because with content that have black bar which is most movies, if you have led all around the corner you will have a square effect, while if you let some gap you will have a circle effect around your TV which seems to look better. Now of course you are free to use shorter link and put the led closer to the edge.
- We will have many software options with time and once first unit get delivered, feel free to request any additions in this regards, also prolly some other hardware ones.. it's currently just the starting point.
See attached pic for how it connect to diva, you just connect the mini JACK to DIVA LED CONTROL mini JACK input. USB cable goes to the LED strip and Power supply to the third connector and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Sorry for not being clearer. I'm an iOS dev and I was thinking of being able to make a native app that controls the ambient lighting. With one a widget for the widget screen can be added that does something like let you toggle between video, music, and ambient modes. I have something similar for my Hue lights that lets me switch between different scenes that I've configured.
This was mainly to reuse my DreamScreen lights but since that's out it's not as big of a deal. What I meant though is with DreamScreen they have you configure 2 strips by starting both of them in one corner. Then strip one goes up the side and across the top. Strip 2 then runs from the starting corner across the bottom and then up the opposite size. In their software you then set it to the 2 strips and enter how many LEDs there are to a side.
BTW, I'm running the 2 strips like that to circle an 85" TV. Using the DS lights it works out to 57 LEDS per strip for my set-up. Almost the same as using two of your strips to circle the entire screen.
Do you have pricing yet for what the 2nd LED kit will run? I'm not sure if I'm overlooking it but I'm not seeing it listed yet.
Excellent! Sounds good. I was a big fan of theirs until HDR. Now I'm loosing faith and looking to head your way. Thanks for all the info.
-Yes you can make an APP using IP control to control the light (once users gave us a list of control they want and once they are implemented)
- Yes thanx I now understand what you was trying to tell me before, I answered above, currently as starting point only 56leds version and 3 length available. We will offer more options with time. There will be a page for ledstrips soon.

If you guys have features list you want to see for led control, please list them with short description so you have a chance to have them at release.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diva ambient full set.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	626.5 KB
ID:	2535514  
Walky likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 546 Old 03-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
-Yes, we prefer to leave the corner free of led for a few reasons, first because top right and bottom right corner can display TV logo/PEGI notification, etc.. that can interfere with lightning even if we have routine in code against that, it can still fake us when they are animated so the color detection make abstraction of corners. Second because with content that have black bar which is most movies, if you have led all around the corner you will have a square effect, while if you let some gap you will have a circle effect around your TV which seems to look better. Now of course you are free to use shorter link and put the led closer to the edge.
Just as a data point for you, I've never had an issue with my lights going edge to edge. I generally only do a few TV shows though. Most of what I watch is movies, youtube, or some streaming stuff and none of it is usually watermarked. I'm not sure how typical I am of your user base though.

For your second point about the black bars, that's something the software should handle. Border detection isn't too difficult to do. I'll have it as an item in my list that I promise to send you below.

[QUOTE=HDfury;57706006]
-Yes you can make an APP using IP control to control the light (once users gave us a list of control they want and once they are implemented)
- Yes thanx I now understand what you was trying to tell me before, I answered above, currently as starting point only 56leds version and 3 length available. We will offer more options with time. There will be a page for ledstrips soon.

If you guys have features list you want to see for led control, please list them with short description so you have a chance to have them at release.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to work up a list for led controls for you in the next day or so. I think I can up up with a decent list based off of things I've like, disliked, and wish I had when using the DreamScreen.
Walky likes this.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #123 of 546 Old 03-07-2019, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Just as a data point for you, I've never had an issue with my lights going edge to edge. I generally only do a few TV shows though. Most of what I watch is movies, youtube, or some streaming stuff and none of it is usually watermarked. I'm not sure how typical I am of your user base though.

For your second point about the black bars, that's something the software should handle. Border detection isn't too difficult to do. I'll have it as an item in my list that I promise to send you below.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to work up a list for led controls for you in the next day or so. I think I can up up with a decent list based off of things I've like, disliked, and wish I had when using the DreamScreen.

As I said, if you prefer edge to edge, then do as you prefer, our recommendation for people watching movies is to let some gap between edge to not have a square effect around the TV and keep it as a circle around the TV since from everybody's feedback that's looking better. Now if you prefer edge to edge, you are a free man, just do it

Not sure if you got me right, but we of course have black bar detection, otherwise you will have no light when playing movies with black bar. So no need to put this in any list, it has been there since day one.

Anyway, feel free to send a list for anything else you want to see as control, options, etc..

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 546 Old 03-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
As I said, if you prefer edge to edge, then do as you prefer, our recommendation for people watching movies is to let some gap between edge to not have a square effect around the TV and keep it as a circle around the TV since from everybody's feedback that's looking better. Now if you prefer edge to edge, you are a free man, just do it

Not sure if you got me right, but we of course have black bar detection, otherwise you will have no light when playing movies with black bar. So no need to put this in any list, it has been there since day one.

Anyway, feel free to send a list for anything else you want to see as control, options, etc..

Thoughts on Diva ambient lighting options:

How about the ability to have the ambient lights change color / pattern based on the audio feed into the Diva? I listen to a lot of Spotify and wouldn't mind shutting off the screen and having the ambient lights dance to the music. Even better if that could happen via ARC from the TV to the receiver.

Maybe a marquee feature that has the LEDs "chase" around the screen like old movie marquees. Something
for example. This could also be varied to a music or video feed. This feature might sell a few more Divas for applications like video information displays in theaters or other commercial buildings.

Possibly an easy way to turn the ambient lighting to a neutral color when using DolbyVision sources that can't be seen by the Diva.

Maybe a way to have the Diva control Philips Hue lights and make them similar colors to what the ambient lights are displaying. Like the DreamScreen sidekicks, one could put Hue lights in various places in the theater to enhance and extend the ambient lighting. With the ability to match a Hue bulb to a particular side of the ambient lighting. As an example, I'd use my overhead Hue can light bulbs and have them match the average top color of the ambient light. Then not only would the top of the screen be ambient but the whole room would take that ambient color. Even better would be the ability to match portions of the ambient lights to Hue bulbs, i.e. the average color of the top strip left side colors the bulbs in the left side of my room, average top strip center controls the center bulbs, etc.

I've already pre-ordered the Diva so none of these features are showstoppers for me. But they'd be useful. If you need an ambient light beta tester, I have a LG OLED65B7 TV and a Denon AVR-X3400H receiver, AppleTV 4K, Amazon Fire Cube, etc.
post #125 of 546 Old 03-14-2019, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 69
What are the nit values for the HDR to SDR tonemapping presets? Will the HDR to SDR tonemapping be as good as Panasonic's or oppo? @HDfury

I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets.
post #126 of 546 Old 03-17-2019, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
Aha! Cool, that makes sense. How would the IR control work? Is there some sort of remote to use with the device, or can you use some sort of mobile app that harnesses IR blasting to control it?

I'm assuming when you mention OLED, you are referring to the buttons on the device that will change various modes and show on the OLED, or something else?

Our IR codes are pronto HEX universal format, can be loaded from Harmony remote, iRule and such or any universal remote. > that's the same than any previous devices from us.

Vertex have OLED screen but it's only informative, on Maestro/Diva/Vertex2, you have same informations displayed and various info pages to cycle thru like Vertex but you can also enter system menu, toogle choice, etc... so the OLED also helps making the configuration directly. (you can refer to Maestro usermanual, it's explained)

People interested in anything related to Maestro/Diva/Vertex2, can refer to the thread for each device (Vertex2 thread not yet done by AVS members).
The platform is the same, just each device have more or less dedicated features around it.

Maestro is obviously most advanced since it have 2 units and specialize in HDBT transmission.
Diva is most advanced standalone as it have HDR>SDR converter, ambient light, lag tester
Vertex2 does not have any specialized feature like HDBT, HDR>SDR, ambient light or lag tester but because of that, it offers true 18Gbps splitting at output (while on Maestro, one output is HDBT and on Diva, one output is 1080p SDR) and it also have unique way of cutting output that was added to solve issue on Sony Android TV when in standby mode or any such situation where you need to physically disconnect a cable from the output, Vertex2 can do such thing via software, as far as we know, no other device in the world can do that.

They all share same Web based , IR, IP, RS232 control, all have dedicated audio output for any sources at input and world first features: eARC/ARC sound extraction and forwarding to any AVR input, TMDS autoswitching allow to autoswitch source that keep sending +5v in standby, etc..
Please elaborate, I am not familiar with loading Pronto codes into Logictech Harmony remote. I desire to use with Harmony Smart Control hub and integrate into existing activities to route 1 of 4 input to any 1 of 4 output. Will the ir codes support that? Is it possible to see functional description for each code for the Diva?
post #127 of 546 Old 03-17-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ DOOM View Post
What are the nit values for the HDR to SDR tonemapping presets? Will the HDR to SDR tonemapping be as good as Panasonic's or oppo? @HDfury

Not sure how one could answer that, there's more to it than to reduce it to some nits value. Panasonc convert UHB BR and Oppo does it for 4K.
Our solution only offers 4K HDR > 1080p SDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemerj View Post
Please elaborate, I am not familiar with loading Pronto codes into Logictech Harmony remote. I desire to use with Harmony Smart Control hub and integrate into existing activities to route 1 of 4 input to any 1 of 4 output. Will the ir codes support that? Is it possible to see functional description for each code for the Diva?
You can load Pronto HEX codes in any universal remotes, if you don't want to both uploading them yourself, then just wait Logitech to add it to their database, all our devices are already on their database, however Logitech is limited to 100 IR codes and our devices exceed that by far, so there is a selection that need to be done, if you need other code, then just pick up 100 from our list when available and send them to Logitech to add to your account, they do this very weel.

Btw, Not sure what you mean by 4 output, there is not 4 outputs.

IR codes will be available when unit ships, but you can refer to Maestro IR codes (in firmware package or in usermanual, they are pretty similar, except of course that maestro code won't work for diva)

post #128 of 546 Old 03-17-2019, 08:53 PM

I mean is there a difference in picture quality between sending a regular SDR picture to a SDR display vs sending a HDR > SDR picture to a SDR display with your Diva device? @HDfury

You just keep mentioning HDR > SDR. How does the Diva exactly do that? What is it exactly doing? Are there any adjustable settings for the tone mapping?

Last edited by MJ DOOM; 03-17-2019 at 08:57 PM.
post #129 of 546 Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I mean is there a difference in picture quality between sending a regular SDR picture to a SDR display vs sending a HDR > SDR picture to a SDR display with your Diva device? @HDfury

You just keep mentioning HDR > SDR. How does the Diva exactly do that? What is it exactly doing? Are there any adjustable settings for the tone mapping?

Yes, HDR > SDR is a bit differet than SDR > SDR. just like it is different if you send HDR to LRP or OPPO203 and ask SDR at output.

We are doing it the same way than anyone else, just LRP and OPPO203 can do it for 4K HDR > 4K SDR, we can only do it for 4K HDR > 1080p SDR that's also why we have the cheapest solution out there.

HDR > SDR is nothing new, Vertex/Integral2 + X4 does it since a while and many streamers and integrators are already using them successfully.

Yes there is different profiles available for the conversion based on way much criteria than just nits value.

post #130 of 546 Old 03-18-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
You can load Pronto HEX codes in any universal remotes, if you don't want to both uploading them yourself, then just wait Logitech to add it to their database, all our devices are already on their database, however Logitech is limited to 100 IR codes and our devices exceed that by far, so there is a selection that need to be done, if you need other code, then just pick up 100 from our list when available and send them to Logitech to add to your account, they do this very weel.

Btw, Not sure what you mean by 4 output, there is not 4 outputs.

IR codes will be available when unit ships, but you can refer to Maestro IR codes (in firmware package or in usermanual, they are pretty similar, except of course that maestro code won't work for diva)[/QUOTE]

So I search Logictech Harmony database for Manufacturer: HDFURY Model: Maestro and got no hits?
post #131 of 546 Old 03-19-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

So I search Logictech Harmony database for Manufacturer: HDFURY Model: Maestro and got no hits?

Yes, because it takes time for Logitech to add codes to their db, try any previous model and you will find it, for maestro and newer just wait a bit and it will be available, and read maestro thread to know when it's available as we always post when harmony add one of our device in their db.

post #132 of 546 Old 03-19-2019, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Wink HDfury new generation hardware

Tomorrow's Hardware, Today !

Here is some info on new hardware generation (Maestro, Diva, Vertex²): https://www.hdfury.com/hdfury-new-generation/

Maestro page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/maestro/
Diva page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-diva-18gbps/
Vertex² page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

Maestro is already shipping, Diva and Vertex² are still in pre order with expected shipping date respectively end of April 2019 and end of May 2019.
DrTim likes this.

post #133 of 546 Old 03-20-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, HDR > SDR is a bit differet than SDR > SDR. just like it is different if you send HDR to LRP or OPPO203 and ask SDR at output.

We are doing it the same way than anyone else, just LRP and OPPO203 can do it for 4K HDR > 4K SDR, we can only do it for 4K HDR > 1080p SDR that's also why we have the cheapest solution out there.

HDR > SDR is nothing new, Vertex/Integral2 + X4 does it since a while and many streamers and integrators are already using them successfully.

Yes there is different profiles available for the conversion based on way much criteria than just nits value.
So what are the adjustable settings available for HDR>SDR tonemapping? Profile 1 does what? What is profile 2 for? Etc.

post #134 of 546 Old 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So what are the adjustable settings available for HDR>SDR tonemapping? Profile 1 does what? What is profile 2 for? Etc.

Just various settings in order for the user to select the one that performs better for his display, not all display are capable of BT2020 for ex, so there is profile for most 1080p SDR display out there and other equipment.
Do not ask any specific technical, that is secret and will remain secret.

post #135 of 546 Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Are there any trade-in options for a Vertex to Diva? What about if the Vertex was purchased by a 3rd party seller?
post #136 of 546 Old 03-21-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Are there any trade-in options for a Vertex to Diva? What about if the Vertex was purchased by a 3rd party seller?

Yes just send email and be patient because we are busy with all new devices release atm. No problem if you bought elsewhere.

post #137 of 546 Old 03-24-2019, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@HDfury :

The Diva looks like a very good product.

1. Regarding DV, you stated that the 1080p output would display the "RGB container". Does that mean that the output from this port would be equivalent to the output to a non-DV capable device?

2. How will it handle 3D content? Especially full-TAB content (2x 1080p => 1920x2160).
post #138 of 546 Old 03-24-2019, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKHR View Post
@HDfury:

The Diva looks like a very good product.

1. Regarding DV, you stated that the 1080p output would display the "RGB container". Does that mean that the output from this port would be equivalent to the output to a non-DV capable device?

2. How will it handle 3D content? Especially full-TAB content (2x 1080p => 1920x2160).

1. Yes
2. 3D pass thru normally like on Vertex/Integral2/Maestro/Vertex²

post #139 of 546 Old 03-27-2019, 03:38 PM

I am considering Vertex2 as my first step to upgrade my AV system to 4K. Just want to confirm the Vertex2 will pass through 1080i through both of it's outputs. I currently have 4 video sources. As I upgrade to a 4K source and display, I could route one output to the 4K display hope to down convert to my legacy displays on the other output. On the other hand, my legacy source would upconvert to the 4K display on one output and pass thru to the legacy displays. I know the Vertex2 doesn't support HDR>SDR but I currently own a Vertex that does and considering daisy chaining it on the Vertex2 output to my legacy displays.

Is this a valid configuration or is a DIVA more appropriate? I would also like to maintain AV synchronization between the two outputs and not sure if the daisy chained Vertex will delay that output? In the interim the DIVA may be a better option but when all the displays are updated, then the DIVA maybe not the best final solution. Please advise.
post #140 of 546 Old 03-27-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am considering Vertex2 as my first step to upgrade my AV system to 4K. Just want to confirm the Vertex2 will pass through 1080i through both of it's outputs. I currently have 4 video sources. As I upgrade to a 4K source and display, I could route one output to the 4K display hope to down convert to my legacy displays on the other output. On the other hand, my legacy source would upconvert to the 4K display on one output and pass thru to the legacy displays. I know the Vertex2 doesn't support HDR>SDR but I currently own a Vertex that does and considering daisy chaining it on the Vertex2 output to my legacy displays.

Is this a valid configuration or is a DIVA more appropriate? I would also like to maintain AV synchronization between the two outputs and not sure if the daisy chained Vertex will delay that output? In the interim the DIVA may be a better option but when all the displays are updated, then the DIVA maybe not the best final solution. Please advise.

Vertex or Vertex², none of them can convert HDR > SDR, the only devices that can do it are: HDfury Diva and HDfury X4.
So if you plan to play 4K HDR and want 1080p SDR out, then Diva is the best choice. if tomorrow you have 2x 4K Display then Vertex² is the best choice for tomorrow, but not for today as you said.
You can still consider HDfury Diva NOW and later add your existing Vertex at the 18Gbps DIVA output to split the signal to both 4K HDR equipment.

All our analog devices have less than 2ms latency.
All our digital devices have less than 1ms latency.
Vertex, Integral², Maestro, Diva, Vertex² have input lag in NANO SECONDS counts, so better say: NONE. (around 0.000x ms)

post #141 of 546 Old 03-28-2019, 05:42 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 2275
Is there a comparison chart or list that explains the differences between the Diva and Vertex2? Looking at the product pages, it not completely obvious if the Diva can do everything the Vertex2 can plus the ambient lighting and input lag test features or if there are other differences. Are there additional differences? Reading through the specs, it sounds like they both have 4x2 matrix / splitter functionality and both have ARC/eARC functionality. Essentially, other than saving $100 by going with the Vertex2 if the ambient lighting and input lag test features aren't needed is there anything else to consider in making the decision?

Edit: Reading the post just before mine, it sounds like the Diva also adds HDR -> SDR capabilities.
post #142 of 546 Old 03-29-2019, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Is there a comparison chart or list that explains the differences between the Diva and Vertex2? Looking at the product pages, it not completely obvious if the Diva can do everything the Vertex2 can plus the ambient lighting and input lag test features or if there are other differences. Are there additional differences? Reading through the specs, it sounds like they both have 4x2 matrix / splitter functionality and both have ARC/eARC functionality. Essentially, other than saving $100 by going with the Vertex2 if the ambient lighting and input lag test features aren't needed is there anything else to consider in making the decision?

Edit: Reading the post just before mine, it sounds like the Diva also adds HDR -> SDR capabilities.

All 3 newer devices share same capabilities and then they differ on their major features:

Maestro is 18Gbps over HDBT, no other device have HDBT
Diva is HDR>SDR converter, ambient light, lag tester, no other device have any of that.
Vertex² is the only one that offer 2x 18Gbps capable outputs (like Vertex1 or Integral2) and the sole that have +5v output management so you can do by software something equivalent to physically removing a HDMI cable (this was made to solve issues with android tv), Maestro also have several 18Gbps outputs but you need both TX and RX units to have up to 3 outputs capable of 18gpbs, main unit is 1 output capable of 18Gbps only.

Apart from that above, they all have all same capabilities.
gsr and DrTim like this.

post #143 of 546 Old 03-29-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ledstrip lengths update.

Hi guys,

We will shortly post a table to show you the new ledstrip length options, we updated from 3 available length to 6 now.
People who pre ordered will get an email before shipment to confirm their ledstrip length choice.

There is now 6 ledstrips length and 5 corner length options to match any display from 21 to 85 inch.

2cm gap for 21-25″ (H:24cm/9.5″ – W:40cm/15.5″)
3cm gap for 27-35″ (H:34cm/13.5″ – W:60cm/23.5″)
4cm gap for 38-50″ (H:46cm/18″ – W:79cm/31″)
6cm gap for 55″ (H:67cm/26.5″, W:117cm/46″)
7cm gap for 60-65″ (H:76cm/30″, W:132cm/44″)
8cm gap for 70-85″ (H:84cm/24.8″, W:154cm/44″)

attached is install pic of 2x 56 Leds with short corner length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0855.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	713.7 KB
ID:	2545764  

Last edited by HDfury; 03-29-2019 at 06:45 AM.
post #144 of 546 Old 03-29-2019, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 107
After looking at the HD Fury web page, I am a bit torn. I have been using my Benq W-1070 projector for a while, and the picture on standard REC-709 Blu Ray disks does look great. I will be adding a 4K UHD player soon, mainly for my growing stack of disks that have Dolby Atmos on only the 4K version. It seems the player will be able to just down convert to 1080P SDR REC-709 when it sees my HDCP 1.4a projector, but can I do better? The DIVA box looks like it should give a better image, even in straight SDR as it can take the 2160P 4:2:0 image and convert it to a 1080P 4:4:4 image, which would then be double the chroma resolution of most 1080P 4:2:2 sources, and actually be the same chroma resolution as a true 2160P display of 4:2:0. I assume the down convert out of the player would still be 4:2:2 at best. And if it can use some of the HDR-10 range and fit it to a signal my projector understands, it should look even better. To display REC-709 now, I have the projector dialed down as dim as I can get it and peak white measures about 80 nits, but if I open it up to it's full 2,000 lumen mode, I hit nearly 300 nits, and REC-709 looks washed out. It sure would be nice to put the extra light to use for HDR like highlights. Is anyone using a previous HD-Fury box to do something like this on an older projector?

I guess I could ask in the other HD Fury threads, but after looking over the specs, I think the DIVA is the one I will want to have. With the 4 inputs, it will take all of my UHD capable sources and split off the audio to my Dolby Atmos AVR. Can the 3rd output also output 1080P? Would be nice to use my PC monitor as a preview monitor as well, but it is currently just a 1080 panel.

I would love to hear the results people are getting with any older 1080P DLP projectors. I really do not need any more resolution for a 92 inch screen, but I would really like to see more dynamic range without just blowing out SDR content.
post #145 of 546 Old 03-29-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXMnow View Post
After looking at the HD Fury web page, I am a bit torn. I have been using my Benq W-1070 projector for a while, and the picture on standard REC-709 Blu Ray disks does look great. I will be adding a 4K UHD player soon, mainly for my growing stack of disks that have Dolby Atmos on only the 4K version. It seems the player will be able to just down convert to 1080P SDR REC-709 when it sees my HDCP 1.4a projector, but can I do better? The DIVA box looks like it should give a better image, even in straight SDR as it can take the 2160P 4:2:0 image and convert it to a 1080P 4:4:4 image, which would then be double the chroma resolution of most 1080P 4:2:2 sources, and actually be the same chroma resolution as a true 2160P display of 4:2:0. I assume the down convert out of the player would still be 4:2:2 at best. And if it can use some of the HDR-10 range and fit it to a signal my projector understands, it should look even better. To display REC-709 now, I have the projector dialed down as dim as I can get it and peak white measures about 80 nits, but if I open it up to it's full 2,000 lumen mode, I hit nearly 300 nits, and REC-709 looks washed out. It sure would be nice to put the extra light to use for HDR like highlights. Is anyone using a previous HD-Fury box to do something like this on an older projector?

I guess I could ask in the other HD Fury threads, but after looking over the specs, I think the DIVA is the one I will want to have. With the 4 inputs, it will take all of my UHD capable sources and split off the audio to my Dolby Atmos AVR. Can the 3rd output also output 1080P? Would be nice to use my PC monitor as a preview monitor as well, but it is currently just a 1080 panel.

I would love to hear the results people are getting with any older 1080P DLP projectors. I really do not need any more resolution for a 92 inch screen, but I would really like to see more dynamic range without just blowing out SDR content.

Diva TX0 is up to 18Gbps
Diva TX1 is 1080p SDR (this output is work in progress, 4K HDR > 1080p SDR now but there is room for very astonishing features in the future on that output, so it may serve different options/purpose soon)
Diva HDMI3 is Audio out (no video, just full audio from hdmi input or arc/earc TV apps over black framed 720p/1080p signal))

I hope you will get feedback from other users, may be ask in Linker thread since that was the first up/downscaler that we did for 4K.
Otherwise you can just get it and see if you like it and return it if it does not please you.
DrTim likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 03-29-2019 at 08:48 PM.
post #146 of 546 Old 03-31-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ledstrip length and corner length variations table

Hi All

Here is a quick table selection in CM or Inch that show all possible ledstrip kit length variations as well as corner options available.
If you placed pre order before the 6 length variations was available, you will get an email before shipment to confirm your selection.

Each ledstrip kit is supplied with all possible corner cables length. So if you refer to the attached table, you will see that if you take a 8cm GAP ledstrip, you will got all following corner length options as well: 5/10/20/25
if you take a 7cm GAP ledstrip, you will get: 5/10cm corner length options.
if you take 6cm GAP, you will get 5cm corner length option.
etc...

Using this attached table you should be able to determine exactly which LED strip kit is the most suitable based on your TV size.
and you should be able to determine which corner length cable you will use to fit your TV as close to the edge than possible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ledstrip_Kit_cm_inch.pdf (613.0 KB, 34 views)

post #147 of 546 Old 03-31-2019, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I'd like the option to purchase another LED light strip with the preorder if possible.
post #148 of 546 Old 04-01-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
I'd like the option to purchase another LED light strip with the preorder if possible.

There will be a separate ledstrip pages very soon, then you can order extra ledstrip kit from there. just wait a week or two.

post #149 of 546 Old 04-05-2019, 06:12 AM

Is it possible to directly wire the IR interface between Logitech Harmony hub and Diva/Vertex2? It is confusing the purpose of the Diva "IR Sensor" and "IR RCV" ports. Obviously the 6ft IR sensor that comes with unit plugs into the "IR Sensor" port. Therefore, what is purpose of "IR RCV" port and can the Harmony hub output be wired directly into it?

Last edited by roemerj; 04-06-2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Amendment
post #150 of 546 Old 04-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
1. Yes
2. 3D pass thru normally like on Vertex/Integral2/Maestro/Vertex²
Thanks for the reply. Two more questions:
1. Regarding 3D, how will the ambient lighting feature react on TAB / SBS content?
2. Can we shorten / cut the strips you include? Ie. remove the last segment to go from 154cm to 146cm? (Even if it would require soldering or other measures)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page