HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 109Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 546 Old 04-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I am thinking about preordering the HDFury DIVA.

I hope to use (PS4Pro + PC +) ATV4k through HDFury into LG C7 + Denon AVR + Ambient Lights.

LLDV
The ATV4k can send LLDV. Is there any disadvantage to LLDV? From what I can find the tradeoff is not quality, rather LLDV requires the source to do a lot of the processing (instead of the TV).

LG C7
From what I have read the LG C7 supports LLDV so that's covered.

Diva TX1
You hinted that the output is a work in progress. Don't hesitate to let us know if there are any new features

Oled
In the promotional pictures the current series has a green oled, and the new series has a blue oled. Is this configurable? I would like to make the oled red (less distracting), is that possible?

Cheap splitter
Is there any plans for HDFury to make a really cheap splitter? Without any HDCP doctor, without any EDID? Just a super cheap splitter for people to use to send output to multiple TVs (or same TV but different ports)?

Thank you.
kmdbh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 546 Old 04-06-2019, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by roemerj View Post
Is it possible to directly wire the IR interface between Logitech Harmony hub and Diva/Vertex2? It is confusing the purpose of the Diva "IR Sensor" and "IR RCV" ports. Obviously the 6ft IR sensor that comes with unit plugs into the "IR Sensor" port. Therefore, what is purpose of "IR RCV" port and can the Harmony hub output be wired directly into it?

It's not confusing, one use IR via led transmission (usual way) that's the IR sensor, while the other use data via wire (that's typically how control system will do)
If harmony hub use IR, then yes you can connect directly to IR sensor input.
If it use data, then you connect to IR receiver.


The purpose of having 2 different IR input (+1 direct IR windows when device is in line of sight) is especially made to make it compatible with anything in existence today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKHR View Post
Thanks for the reply. Two more questions:
1. Regarding 3D, how will the ambient lighting feature react on TAB / SBS content?
2. Can we shorten / cut the strips you include? Ie. remove the last segment to go from 154cm to 146cm? (Even if it would require soldering or other measures)

1. Not supported at the moment, but there will be firmware update for that soon after release, need some design work and add some code for 3D>2D conversion internally before it goes to the light processing. frame packed 3D should be ok, sbs and top/bottom need special dev work to be added.
2. No you cannot shorten the led strip, they are made so anyone can install his kit in a minute, no cut, no solder. If your display is 146cm width, use LED STRIP with 7cm GAP (132x76) and 10cm Corner (refer to above posted PDF), that means: |<5cm>| <132cm of led >|<5cm>|
It is an urban digital legend to believe that there should be a led at each corner, in fact, there is more intensity than anywhere else at each corner if there is led to each corner, while ledkit should be an extension of the current central picture of your TV and not something that bring more intensity in each corner than anywhere else.
If you refer to Philips ambient light and those guys have spend lot of time and effort in research, they know what they are doing in this field, they DO NOT HAVE any led in the corner. (see attached pic or check any of their ambient light tv backside)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	philips-55pus8503-12-uhd-4k-smart-tv-android-tv.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	2549752   Click image for larger version

Name:	515199-philips-oled.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	2549754  

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #153 of 546 Old 04-08-2019, 06:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Long time lurker, first time posting here, so good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you all for a great deal of information, and thank you HDfury for awesome products and unparalleled support.
@HDfury
I'm interested in your new product line (you just can't have enough HDfury products), but I need some answers to decide if I "need" Diva or Vertex2.

1. Can Diva (independent) output from two different sources at once? For example - pass 4k or 1080p from input 1 and convert 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR from input 2? If yes are all combinations possible, or are there only predefined patterns (i.e. inputs 1 and 2 to output 1, inputs 3 and 4 to output 2).
Can Vertex2 do that? Does it have independent outputs?

2. Can Diva convert 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR on both outputs?

3. I already have Vertex and X4. Will Diva's 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR conversion give me some benefits over conversion made by Vertex + X4?

4. Does your preorder discount work with hdfury products bought from other sources? I have X4, X3, 4x4UHD and Vertex, but all of them purchased from a 3rd party sellers...
Does it work on your European site too? I prefer payment in Euro if possible.
Draug is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 546 Old 04-08-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
Long time lurker, first time posting here, so good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you all for a great deal of information, and thank you HDfury for awesome products and unparalleled support.
@HDfury
I'm interested in your new product line (you just can't have enough HDfury products), but I need some answers to decide if I "need" Diva or Vertex2.

1. Can Diva (independent) output from two different sources at once? For example - pass 4k or 1080p from input 1 and convert 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR from input 2? If yes are all combinations possible, or are there only predefined patterns (i.e. inputs 1 and 2 to output 1, inputs 3 and 4 to output 2).
Can Vertex2 do that? Does it have independent outputs?

2. Can Diva convert 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR on both outputs?

3. I already have Vertex and X4. Will Diva's 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR conversion give me some benefits over conversion made by Vertex + X4?

4. Does your preorder discount work with hdfury products bought from other sources? I have X4, X3, 4x4UHD and Vertex, but all of them purchased from a 3rd party sellers...
Does it work on your European site too? I prefer payment in Euro if possible.
1) yes all new generation hardware can process 2 signals at the same time (Maestro, Diva, Vertex²), you decide which inputs goes to which output, it's a MATRIX, so no limit.

2) No, only from TX1 and TX1 is ALWAYS 1080P, it cannot pass thru 4K, on Diva, only ONE OUTPUT support 18Gbps

3) Yes, but later X4 should catch up! so after a few months it should be similar, this is because we first used X4 as a proof of concept (beta), then implemented in Diva design, now working on all additions and future update/features on Diva and later we will port what we can port back to X4.

4) You can trade in HDfury unit bought elsewhere for a newer one with us, yes. We don't have any european site, there is only one official source and it is www.hdfury.com, anything else is a reseller website.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #155 of 546 Old 04-09-2019, 01:10 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post

2) No, only from TX1 and TX1 is ALWAYS 1080P, it cannot pass thru 4K, on Diva, only ONE OUTPUT support 18Gbps

3) Yes, but later X4 should catch up! so after a few months it should be similar, this is because we first used X4 as a proof of concept (beta), then implemented in Diva design, now working on all additions and future update/features on Diva and later we will port what we can port back to X4.

4) You can trade in HDfury unit bought elsewhere for a newer one with us, yes. We don't have any european site, there is only one official source and it is www_hdfury_com, anything else is a reseller website.
Thank you for your answer. May I dig a little deeper?

2. Can TX0 downscale 4k -> 1080? I mean 4k -> 1080 (without HDR conversion) on TX0 and 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR on TX1? Or is TX0 only for passing through?
3. Will X4 with ported Diva's features still be able to process 3d image to RGBHV devices? Or do I have to flash 3dFury firmware to process 3D and reflash new x4 firmware to convert HDR -> SDR?
Does X4 have similar hardware capabilities as Diva when it to comes to HDR conversion, so all Diva's features can be ported? If "yes" maybe it's better to go with Vertex2 and leave HDR conversion to upgraded X4.
4. I asked about "trade-in 10% discount for customers who ordered at least once since 02/2017". I guess it doesn't work with purchases from resellers?
Could you elaborate on that trading HDfury unit bought elsewhere for a newer on? Can you reveal how trading Vertex for Diva or Vertex2 would affect the price of these two? Or should I contact your customer support with that question?
Draug is offline  
post #156 of 546 Old 04-09-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
Thank you for your answer. May I dig a little deeper?

2. Can TX0 downscale 4k -> 1080? I mean 4k -> 1080 (without HDR conversion) on TX0 and 4k HDR -> 1080 SDR on TX1? Or is TX0 only for passing through?
3. Will X4 with ported Diva's features still be able to process 3d image to RGBHV devices? Or do I have to flash 3dFury firmware to process 3D and reflash new x4 firmware to convert HDR -> SDR?
Does X4 have similar hardware capabilities as Diva when it to comes to HDR conversion, so all Diva's features can be ported? If "yes" maybe it's better to go with Vertex2 and leave HDR conversion to upgraded X4.
4. I asked about "trade-in 10% discount for customers who ordered at least once since 02/2017". I guess it doesn't work with purchases from resellers?
Could you elaborate on that trading HDfury unit bought elsewhere for a newer on? Can you reveal how trading Vertex for Diva or Vertex2 would affect the price of these two? Or should I contact your customer support with that question?
2. No TX0 cannot downscale, it can chroma, colordepth, colorspace and hdcp convert only, for ex if input is 4K60 422 12, it can output 4K60 420 8b, or the other way around. It can also UPSCALE, if input is 1080p it can output 2160p with any chroma, colordepth or colorsapce or hdcp, this is same as Vertex/Integral2 and also same than Maestro TX0 or Vertex² TX0, all our TX0 are similar.

3. No, you need 3dfury firmware to allow analog output , we don't know yet if we will have enough free space for that so i prefer to say no and may be have a good news in the future.d

4. No of course, resellers do their own policy, out of our control. We love freedom so we let them free.
For trade in value and questions please use email.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #157 of 546 Old 04-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Seraphic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
How good is the tone-mapping on the Diva on the HDR->SDR HDMI/downscale output port?
Would it look the same as if HDR was left off in the first place?
Seraphic- is offline  
post #158 of 546 Old 04-12-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic- View Post
How good is the tone-mapping on the Diva on the HDR->SDR HDMI/downscale output port?
Would it look the same as if HDR was left off in the first place?

Depends the source and the sink. if sink is bt2020 and source can send bt2020 sdr, then its different than 709 sink and source sending 709.
the purpose of tone mapping here is to allow Any 1080p SDR display/capture card or equipment (such ambient light/AVR, etc..) to get proper colors when main signal is 4K HDR.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #159 of 546 Old 04-13-2019, 07:03 AM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Hi. I have a Diva on order! I had a few questions on the Ambilight feature. I watched the YouTube video -- impressive.


1) Can you adjust the light intensity level? In other words, still have it run in Ambilight mode but be able to reduce or increase the brightness.


2) Can you disable the Ambilight mode and just set it to a constant background color?


While we are on the subject for asking for things ....


For the Vertex, Claw and other worked with you to provided Macros based on HDR/DV/HLG information. From what I recall, these sent commands out the RS-232 port. You had mentioned that the Vertex did not have enough memory to provide the same kind of Macros that would instead modify the EDID on the fly.
Is there any chance Diva could get this implemented - Macros that work on the EDID rather than output via RS-232?
JGrana is offline  
post #160 of 546 Old 04-13-2019, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Hi. I have a Diva on order! I had a few questions on the Ambilight feature. I watched the YouTube video -- impressive.


1) Can you adjust the light intensity level? In other words, still have it run in Ambilight mode but be able to reduce or increase the brightness.


2) Can you disable the Ambilight mode and just set it to a constant background color?


While we are on the subject for asking for things ....


For the Vertex, Claw and other worked with you to provided Macros based on HDR/DV/HLG information. From what I recall, these sent commands out the RS-232 port. You had mentioned that the Vertex did not have enough memory to provide the same kind of Macros that would instead modify the EDID on the fly.
Is there any chance Diva could get this implemented - Macros that work on the EDID rather than output via RS-232?

1) Yes you can adjust each R/G/B intensity value from 0 to 31.
2) Yes, you can decide a fixed colors or video effect, currently coding audio effect, also you will be able to apply some mode based on context, for ex: video ambient light when source and tv on and static color or pulse or video effect when display is off, etc...


For last question yes as well, we have plenty of available memory, so if you can write down exactly what you want/need in clear terms I can get devs to work on it (as long as it makes sense on a large scale ofc)

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #161 of 546 Old 04-14-2019, 12:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Austria
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello

Will Diva be able to passthrough HDR10+? (also maybe with a later Update?)
Nemesis200SX is offline  
post #162 of 546 Old 04-14-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis200SX View Post
Hello

Will Diva be able to passthrough HDR10+? (also maybe with a later Update?)
All our devices including Vertex and Integral2 already support HDR10+
DrTim likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #163 of 546 Old 04-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
For last question yes as well, we have plenty of available memory, so if you can write down exactly what you want/need in clear terms I can get devs to work on it (as long as it makes sense on a large scale ofc)
I was hoping that you guys could expand the existing Macro function to now allow modifying the HDR Metadata and/or AVI info frame for HDMI use. The present Macro function provides a way to use conditionals to modify things like MaxCLL and Max Brightness (Luminance) "on the fly". Right now you are doing the examination and conditional step but sending information out the RS-232 port. Very useful for JVC projectors. Those of us that have LED/Oled flat panel sets can't really use the Macro function.
We had debated this a while ago on the Vertex thread. You had said Vertex did not have enough memory to this.

So, I am proposing to resume the discussion and ask about extending Macro to support HDMI. You could add a few more buttons to the Web page. I have attached an example
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDFury Macros.png
Views:	28
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	2553362  
JGrana is offline  
post #164 of 546 Old 04-15-2019, 01:15 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,219
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 2275
^ If implementing this sort of functionality in the newer and/or future products, consider implementing it in such a way that the feature doesn't permanently consume a ton of memory to support a single brand. Instead, set it up so that it's somewhat modular; I think some people are justifiably disappointed that there's no memory left on the Integral, Integral2, and Vertex because so much space got used up to support JVC projectors.
JGrana likes this.
gsr is offline  
post #165 of 546 Old 04-15-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
I was hoping that you guys could expand the existing Macro function to now allow modifying the HDR Metadata and/or AVI info frame for HDMI use. The present Macro function provides a way to use conditionals to modify things like MaxCLL and Max Brightness (Luminance) "on the fly". Right now you are doing the examination and conditional step but sending information out the RS-232 port. Very useful for JVC projectors. Those of us that have LED/Oled flat panel sets can't really use the Macro function.
We had debated this a while ago on the Vertex thread. You had said Vertex did not have enough memory to this.

So, I am proposing to resume the discussion and ask about extending Macro to support HDMI. You could add a few more buttons to the Web page. I have attached an example
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
^ If implementing this sort of functionality in the newer and/or future products, consider implementing it in such a way that the feature doesn't permanently consume a ton of memory to support a single brand. Instead, set it up so that it's somewhat modular; I think some people are justifiably disappointed that there's no memory left on the Integral, Integral2, and Vertex because so much space got used up to support JVC projectors.
We already have feature to replace HDR metadata, can you explain why this should be Macro section instead of current HDR section ?


Also, the new hardware already have option to edit any HEX sent out so it can control any RS232 display including many others brand than JVC. so I'm not sure to understand what you mean exactly, please elaborate.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #166 of 546 Old 04-15-2019, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 2,826
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
I was hoping that you guys could expand the existing Macro function to now allow modifying the HDR Metadata and/or AVI info frame for HDMI use. The present Macro function provides a way to use conditionals to modify things like MaxCLL and Max Brightness (Luminance) "on the fly". Right now you are doing the examination and conditional step but sending information out the RS-232 port. Very useful for JVC projectors. Those of us that have LED/Oled flat panel sets can't really use the Macro function.
We had debated this a while ago on the Vertex thread. You had said Vertex did not have enough memory to this.

So, I am proposing to resume the discussion and ask about extending Macro to support HDMI. You could add a few more buttons to the Web page. I have attached an example
There is no current Macro function that uses conditionals to modify HDR metadata. The existing macros in the Vertex send RS-232 commands to select an existing user mode in the JVC projector based on the content type. (Because us JVC owners are lazy and can't be bothered to change user modes manually ). No metadata values are modified.

It might help explain what you are looking for if you were to show what options other than "Do Nothing" you would want included.

And based on this browser GUI screen shot from the HDfury website that shows the HDR metadata injection options, how would you want it changed? I am guessing that you want to be able to control the output values for Max Luminance and MaxCLL based on content metadata value ranges.


HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 04-15-2019 at 09:15 PM.
claw is online now  
post #167 of 546 Old 04-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Dante Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Can Ambilight LEDs be spaced enough to use on a projector screen?

Soon to come the "The Manhattan Project" Mini Atmos Theater
Dante Williams is offline  
post #168 of 546 Old 04-16-2019, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Williams View Post
Can Ambilight LEDs be spaced enough to use on a projector screen?

Not currently, but we are working on it, there will be a special page to buy ledstrip including solution for projection screen.
Please let us know your projector screen current dimension and its distance to wall.


There is 2 very different conditions, one is folding screen, other is static screen.


on folding screen, you need to install special led (90 degree > light goes beside) on the wall directly since it cannot be on the folding screen.
on static screen, you can install normally.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 04-16-2019 at 04:15 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #169 of 546 Old 04-16-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
HDfury Diva : Ambient light RGB Test sequence



Quick proto test, lightstrip dimension not adjusted optimally.
R intensity 31
G intensity 26
B intensity 22
JGrana and DrTim like this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #170 of 546 Old 04-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Dante Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Not currently, but we are working on it, there will be a special page to buy ledstrip including solution for projection screen.
Please let us know your projector screen current dimension and its distance to wall.


There is 2 very different conditions, one is folding screen, other is static screen.


on folding screen, you need to install special led (90 degree > light goes beside) on the wall directly since it cannot be on the folding screen.
on static screen, you can install normally.
120" and relatively flush but it will be hanging so I can push it off the wall about an inch. Also, what is the connection from the Diva to the Led's because I'm looking at running them about 18 feet away? (Distance from av closet to screen)

Soon to come the "The Manhattan Project" Mini Atmos Theater

Last edited by Dante Williams; 04-16-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Dante Williams is offline  
post #171 of 546 Old 04-16-2019, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Williams View Post
120" and relatively flush but it will be hanging so I can push it off the wall about an inch. Also, what is the connection from the Diva to the Led's because I'm looking at running them about 18 feet away? (Distance from av closet to screen)

It's a jack connector, so you can use any extender for it to run 18ft

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #172 of 546 Old 04-16-2019, 03:46 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,219
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 2275
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr
^ If implementing this sort of functionality in the newer and/or future products, consider implementing it in such a way that the feature doesn't permanently consume a ton of memory to support a single brand. Instead, set it up so that it's somewhat modular; I think some people are justifiably disappointed that there's no memory left on the Integral, Integral2, and Vertex because so much space got used up to support JVC projectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Also, the new hardware already have option to edit any HEX sent out so it can control any RS232 display including many others brand than JVC. so I'm not sure to understand what you mean exactly, please elaborate.
All I was suggesting is being careful about consuming huge amounts of the available memory for a feature that's very specifically targeted to a specific product without some provision to make that feature optional. It's sort of frustrating for people to be told there's no memory to fix problems X, Y, and Z in the previous hardware because so much memory was used to support JVC projectors. It's really cool that you guys are willing to add features like that, just be mindful when doing at what the ramifications may be for the broader pool of users.
gsr is offline  
post #173 of 546 Old 04-16-2019, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
All I was suggesting is being careful about consuming huge amounts of the available memory for a feature that's very specifically targeted to a specific product without some provision to make that feature optional. It's sort of frustrating for people to be told there's no memory to fix problems X, Y, and Z in the previous hardware because so much memory was used to support JVC projectors. It's really cool that you guys are willing to add features like that, just be mindful when doing at what the ramifications may be for the broader pool of users.

My dear friend, we did this new generation (Maestro/Diva/Vertex²) especially for that purpose: to offer the best possible options to anyone, we have loaded it with tons of memory, proof, we are running our own webserver on it and we can retrieve data from Internet if needed. (Internet data retrieval not yet implemented). What was once reserved to JVC users is now open to anyone thanx to new memory resources available. JVC Macro is a nice routine (thanx to Manni) that now any RS232 capable display can make use of and as others suggested already, it can now be tweaked to do more than just RS232 instruction based on content type.
Once people get first units, give us feedback and list of things you want and if it makes sense, we will add it as always.
First users and best early thoughts will always lead the dev, that's how it is. I'm sad when someone comes 2 years after release and ask something that sounds a good idea but cannot be added anymore due to limited memory but we as a company we have to first support people who trusted us and pre ordered our devices. They play an enormous role in what the devices will or could become after release.
What is important for us is that if you like our work, get the words around about our devices, the more we can move the cheaper they can be and the more we can add and better/stronger will be upcoming ones.
As you might know we are kinda blacklisted in mainstream due to past legal battle and freedom fighting arguments we had with industry giants, we can only survive with hardwork, skills and ALL OF YOU.


Below is HDfury Diva: Accurate Input LAG Tester Demo

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 04-16-2019 at 04:24 PM.
HDfury is offline  
post #174 of 546 Old 04-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
There is no current Macro function that uses conditionals to modify HDR metadata. The existing macros in the Vertex send RS-232 commands to select an existing user mode in the JVC projector based on the content type. (Because us JVC owners are lazy and can't be bothered to change user modes manually ). No metadata values are modified.

It might help explain what you are looking for if you were to show what options other than "Do Nothing" you would want included.

And based on this browser GUI screen shot from the HDfury website that shows the HDR metadata injection options, how would you want it changed? I am guessing that you want to be able to control the output values for Max Luminance and MaxCLL based on content metadata value ranges.
@HDfury @claw - thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that the Macros sent JVC commands - not modified metadata.
@claw , you are correct - I was thinking it might be useful to "conditionally" change HDR metadata. Rather than simply force the metatdata to a single specific Max Luminance and/or MaxCLL, have a condition where, for example "if" MaxCLL is greater than X (like 4000), allow us to set it to Y (i.e. 1000).
The more I think about this, the more I agree with you guys. Maybe the HDR Section is close enough. For now ;-)


Ok, now that I am asking for features - here is one that could be useful for many of us.
I see that Diva/Maestro has a feature where it will display test patterns. Great, nice.
How about the ability to upload a test pattern and display that? Diva is on the network, upload time should be reasonable and, with a built in HTTP daemon the ability to use something like curl to send a file to display would be useful for calibration.

Even better, a method not unlike the rpiGenerator that @zoyd uses with HCFR. A user created a network attached Raspberry Pi software distribution that displays Grey Scale and Color patterns that HCFR can control and measure. I am not sure the protocol @fru menzo uses on the Pi to accomplish this but I doubt it is complex.
Where this falls apart is the fact that the Raspberry Pi only supports 1080p... With Diva's ability to output full 4K and HDR - it would make a great pattern generator for HCFR.


Hey, HDFury, you asked ;-)
JGrana is offline  
post #175 of 546 Old 04-18-2019, 04:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
@HDfury @claw - thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that the Macros sent JVC commands - not modified metadata.
@claw, you are correct - I was thinking it might be useful to "conditionally" change HDR metadata. Rather than simply force the metatdata to a single specific Max Luminance and/or MaxCLL, have a condition where, for example "if" MaxCLL is greater than X (like 4000), allow us to set it to Y (i.e. 1000).
The more I think about this, the more I agree with you guys. Maybe the HDR Section is close enough. For now ;-)


Ok, now that I am asking for features - here is one that could be useful for many of us.
I see that Diva/Maestro has a feature where it will display test patterns. Great, nice.
How about the ability to upload a test pattern and display that? Diva is on the network, upload time should be reasonable and, with a built in HTTP daemon the ability to use something like curl to send a file to display would be useful for calibration.

Even better, a method not unlike the rpiGenerator that @zoyd uses with HCFR. A user created a network attached Raspberry Pi software distribution that displays Grey Scale and Color patterns that HCFR can control and measure. I am not sure the protocol @frumenzo uses on the Pi to accomplish this but I doubt it is complex.
Where this falls apart is the fact that the Raspberry Pi only supports 1080p... With Diva's ability to output full 4K and HDR - it would make a great pattern generator for HCFR.


Hey, HDFury, you asked ;-)
yes I asked but I also asked that you get unit first and make suggestion afterward reason is there is already greyscale pattern, so better check what's there first and then ask what you want to see on top of that.
Displaying graphics is possible but not yet implemented thus, so I note that down.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #176 of 546 Old 04-18-2019, 06:55 AM
Senior Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
yes I asked but I also asked that you get unit first and make suggestion afterward reason is there is already greyscale pattern, so better check what's there first and then ask what you want to see on top of that.
Displaying graphics is possible but not yet implemented thus, so I note that down.

Fair enough. Looking forward to getting my Diva!
Thanks
JGrana is offline  
post #177 of 546 Old 04-21-2019, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
wagnerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
My dear friend, we did this new generation (Maestro/Diva/Vertex²) especially for that purpose: to offer the best possible options to anyone, we have loaded it with tons of memory, proof, we are running our own webserver on it and we can retrieve data from Internet if needed. (Internet data retrieval not yet implemented). What was once reserved to JVC users is now open to anyone thanx to new memory resources available. JVC Macro is a nice routine (thanx to Manni) that now any RS232 capable display can make use of and as others suggested already, it can now be tweaked to do more than just RS232 instruction based on content type.
Once people get first units, give us feedback and list of things you want and if it makes sense, we will add it as always.
First users and best early thoughts will always lead the dev, that's how it is. I'm sad when someone comes 2 years after release and ask something that sounds a good idea but cannot be added anymore due to limited memory but we as a company we have to first support people who trusted us and pre ordered our devices. They play an enormous role in what the devices will or could become after release.
What is important for us is that if you like our work, get the words around about our devices, the more we can move the cheaper they can be and the more we can add and better/stronger will be upcoming ones.
As you might know we are kinda blacklisted in mainstream due to past legal battle and freedom fighting arguments we had with industry giants, we can only survive with hardwork, skills and ALL OF YOU.


Below is HDfury Diva: Accurate Input LAG Tester Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdaiKToex0
How would I use this with my projector?
wagnerc is offline  
post #178 of 546 Old 04-22-2019, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnerc View Post
How would I use this with my projector?

Use what on which projector ? some details please


If you are talking about RS232 macro, then if your display have RS232 commands available to go in special preset, then based on incoming content type, our devices can autoset your display to the right presets.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #179 of 546 Old 04-22-2019, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4167 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdbh View Post
I am thinking about preordering the HDFury DIVA.

I hope to use (PS4Pro + PC +) ATV4k through HDFury into LG C7 + Denon AVR + Ambient Lights.

LLDV
The ATV4k can send LLDV. Is there any disadvantage to LLDV? From what I can find the tradeoff is not quality, rather LLDV requires the source to do a lot of the processing (instead of the TV).

LG C7
From what I have read the LG C7 supports LLDV so that's covered.

Diva TX1
You hinted that the output is a work in progress. Don't hesitate to let us know if there are any new features

Oled
In the promotional pictures the current series has a green oled, and the new series has a blue oled. Is this configurable? I would like to make the oled red (less distracting), is that possible?

Cheap splitter
Is there any plans for HDFury to make a really cheap splitter? Without any HDCP doctor, without any EDID? Just a super cheap splitter for people to use to send output to multiple TVs (or same TV but different ports)?

Thank you.

Seems I missed this post, sorry, please find answers below:


LLDV long story short: Sony TV was sold as DV compatible but could not make the processing needed for it, so they (sony/dv) decided to make a special mode where TV have nearly nothing to do (depending on the source in use) this mode is very close to HDR indeed, since sending HDR custom metadata while sending LLDV results in perfect picture the main advantage is that there is nearly no input lag from TV to deal/process LLDV compared to DV. but still it's not the real DV as initially intended and promised to sony flagship tv owners. LG followed and added LLDV support as well, prolly to offer a way for gamers to get DV content without much input lag.


OLED: OLED is BLUE on new generation, you cannot change color of OLED, you can reverse screen or invert colors, but you cannot transform BLUE oled into GREEN or RED. However, you change OSD color on screen.


Cheap Splitter: We don't have any plan of doing something like that, we do very specialized devices that stand out from the crowd to catch a large spectrum of customers including retail, content creator and ProAV, we do not have enough audience or customers to launch basic device like that and there is very little point in doing such thing for us since we know by experience that you cannot accommodate and support all existing source and sinks out there without special features and coding.
DrTim likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
HDfury is offline  
post #180 of 546 Old 04-22-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 2,826
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdbh View Post
I am thinking about preordering the HDFury DIVA.

I hope to use (PS4Pro + PC +) ATV4k through HDFury into LG C7 + Denon AVR + Ambient Lights.

LLDV
The ATV4k can send LLDV. Is there any disadvantage to LLDV? From what I can find the tradeoff is not quality, rather LLDV requires the source to do a lot of the processing (instead of the TV).

LG C7
From what I have read the LG C7 supports LLDV so that's covered.
From my testing with an ATV4K and a LG B7A, I was able to get the ATV4K to send LLDV. But the only way I found was to configure my HDfury Vertex to custom EDID 5; SONY A1 LLDV V2. In other words, I had the Vertex report to the ATV4K that it was connected to a Sony TV, not an LG.

The ATV4K does not have an option to select LLDV. It determines whether to send LLDV depending on what TV it is connected to. And it does not normally send LLDV if connected to a LG OLED.

I don't know if the Sony EDID would cause other unexpected behavior between the LG and the ATV4K or with another player that was connected.
DrTim likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 04-22-2019 at 06:54 AM.
claw is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off