HDFury Diva - Owners thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

Old 05-18-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4176 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
Looks like my timing is good, I'm about to deploy a JVC NX5 4K projector, but my Marantz AV8805A preamp is a bit behind the times on video, so my 4K feeds need their own switcher / audio splitter. the Diva looks like the perfect solution and reasonably priced. So I just want to confirm the following setup would work in my scenario.

4K Sources:
AppleTV 4K
Amazon FireTV 4K
Panasonic UB820 UHD player

Audio target - Marantz AV8802A Atmos preamp

Video targets
JVC NX5 4K projector

So to watch 4K content, my preamp would select the HDMI input connected to the Diva audio-only output, the projector would select the HDMI 2.0 input connected to the primary Diva output, and the Diva would be used to select the desired 4K source. Right?

Optionally, the Diva can downconvert 4K to 1080P on its secondary output to feed a 1080P 21" monitor, correct? That might be useful to pre-stage movies before firing up the PJ. But completely optional.

All of that is perfectly correct and should work beautifully out of the box or I will help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury,

You indicated that the Web server pictures in the revision 1 manual were from the Maestro, but looking through them, I didn't see any option to manually choose the input HDMI port (if 2 inputs are on simultaneously and we want to switch between them) via the interface...

Is it available somewhere, so we can use a mobile phone or tablet to switch?

I don't want to have to program a remote just for that... hoping a DIVA GoBlue will be available soon.

Rgds,

W.
Claw answered and correctly as always
You can also switch using web/IR/IP/RS232 or right side button

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2019, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Has anyone tried to setup the ARC re-routing with a Sony X903 series TV?

I have the Diva working well with my typical setup. All devices plugged into a Denon X2200W AVR (with it's CEC disabled). The Mon 1 output from the Denon goes to Diva HDMI Input 0.
The Sony TV is plugged into Diva TX0 and the other end into the Sony HDMI3 (ARC) input.

On the Diva I have enabled CEC and the CEC Type as Audio Processor (0x05) and also enabled DD+/Atmos.

I have tried various settings on the Sony but it does not seem to send audio out ARC... I claims "no devices".
Old 05-19-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 2218 Post(s)
Liked: 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post

I have the Diva working well with my typical setup. All devices plugged into a Denon X2200W AVR (with it's CEC disabled). The Mon 1 output from the Denon goes to Diva HDMI Input 0.
The Sony TV is plugged into Diva TX0 and the other end into the Sony HDMI3 (ARC) input.

On the Diva I have enabled CEC and the CEC Type as Audio Processor (0x05) and also enabled DD+/Atmos.

I have tried various settings on the Sony but it does not seem to send audio out ARC... I claims "no devices".

I have an old Sony 1080P TV and a Denon X6400H AVR. I was successful getting ARC audio from my TV to my Denon. Do you have a HDMI cable from the Diva AUDIO OUTPUT HDMI connected to a spare HDMI input on your Denon?

Diva TX0 HDMI output connected to TV ARC HDMI input.
Diva AUDIO OUTPUT HDMI connected to my Denon's Game HDMI input.

Diva: CEC Enabled. CEC TYPE: Audio Processor
Denon AVR: HDMI Control:OFF HDMI Control ARC: ON

Played a title from the TV Netflix App and got DD 5.1 ARC audio from the TV.
- The Diva routes the TV ARC audio received on the TX0 input to the Diva Audio Output HDMI.
- The Denon receives the ARC audio on the Game HDMI input and outputs audio when I select Game as the input.
HDfury and Walky like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2019, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there anything that has to be done to enable the HDMI Audio Output? I had HDMI cable connected from DIVA HDMI Audio Output to my SONY AVR and got no sound. Then I moved cable connected to DIVA HDMI Audio Output to splitter output with DIVA TX1 as input to splitter, and successfully got sound?

I am also a little confused wrt the DIVA IR switching codes. The following RS232 switching commands make sense because inputs and outputs are mapped:
  • #diva set insel tx0 tx1
  • #diva set inseltx0 x
  • #diva set inseltx1 x
I am looking for similar DIVA IR switching codes but only found following:
  • diva_inputsel0
  • diva_inputsel1
  • diva_inputsel2
  • diva_inputsel3
I am clueless how the above IR commands result in mapping input to both/either TX0 and TX1?

Regards,

Jim
Old 05-19-2019, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemerj View Post
Is there anything that has to be done to enable the HDMI Audio Output? I had HDMI cable connected from DIVA HDMI Audio Output to my SONY AVR and got no sound. Then I moved cable connected to DIVA HDMI Audio Output to splitter output with DIVA TX1 as input to splitter, and successfully got sound?

Regards,
Jim
I had it working sending audio from the HDMI 1 input to the AVR via the Diva Audio Output. I even made sure that I was not getting ARC audio by connecting to the non-ARC TV input.

But then I decided to see what turning Off CEC in the Diva might do. I still had audio but when I turned CEC back On I lost audio. I eventually got audio restored by rebooting the Diva.

I can reproduce this at will. While getting audio with CEC ON, if I turn CEC OFF I still have audio but then if I turn CEC ON again audio will be lost. Turning off the AVR, rebooting the Diva, and powering on the AVR again seems to resolve the audio issue.

Chomecast Ultra connected to Diva HDMI 1 input.
Diva TX1 HDMI output connected to TV non-ARC HDMI input.
Diva AUDIO OUTPUT HDMI connected to Denon X6400H Game HDMI input.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 05-19-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

May be first try without DD+/ATMOS option and see if that works.
It is also important when you change CEC ID to DISCONNECT HDMI CABLE and RECONNECT, as it needs HOTPLUG for TV to detect it.
Also, may be it's cable issue, for normal ARC, most cable will do, for DD+/Atmos or eARC, you need very special cable (as hard to find currently than working 600MHz cables)

In any case, verify the above and if you still have problem, please use the new firmware available (see below) and export your config, we added extra config info to help us debug sound extraction.
Currently we have zero issues with HDMI extraction and eARC, all tested perfectly up to atmos over true hd. There is an issue with Atmos/DD+ over ARC being worked on. so please test the rest.

Quote:

I am also a little confused wrt the DIVA IR switching codes. The following RS232 switching commands make sense because inputs and outputs are mapped:
  • #diva set insel tx0 tx1
  • #diva set inseltx0 x
  • #diva set inseltx1 x
I am looking for similar DIVA IR switching codes but only found following:
  • diva_inputsel0
  • diva_inputsel1
  • diva_inputsel2
  • diva_inputsel3
I am clueless how the above IR commands result in mapping input to both/either TX0 and TX1?

Regards,

Jim

For Audio issue, always specify if you talk about HDMI extraction, ARC extraction or eARC extraction, in case you talk about HDMI extraction, then make sure TX0 have input routed to it. If problem, export config using new firmware posted below and add it as attachment in your post.
The IR codes you are asking for are also included in it.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Diva FW0.32.0.9

##### What's new on FW 0.32.0.9 #####

1. Added AUDIO OUT information on web info-page. Now it will say the audio format going out from it. In case ARC, it will say "from TX0 using ARC" or for EARC case it will be "from TX0 using EARC"

2. Added ARC/HDMI or AUTO force mode on CEC page: This controls the AUDIO OUT source in ARC mode and can help some people to keep the unit from automatically changing depending on TV.
AUTO-setting is as currently, ARC keep ARC on always (relies on AUDIO being routed via TV).
Make sure TV supports all back routed formats, otherwise audio is silent.
HDMI-mode, will enable user to switch to the current HDMI input audio and never switch to ARC (even if ARC is actively streaming).

3. Added IR commands to enable matrix input selections via IR as well as the new arcforce settings above (auto/arc/hdmi). New IR codes list is attached.

4. Added SOURCE NAME decoding to Config Export as well as Audio force mode value, "arcforce": "auto", "earcst": "off", "arcst": "off", they show which settings are for arc/earc.
eARC always precedes ARC. If eARC is active then ARC is no care.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
May be first try without DD+/ATMOS option and see if that works.
It is also important when you change CEC ID to DISCONNECT HDMI CABLE and RECONNECT, as it needs HOTPLUG for TV to detect it.
Also, may be it's cable issue, for normal ARC, most cable will do, for DD+/Atmos or eARC, you need very special cable (as hard to find currently than working 600MHz cables)

In any case, verify the above and if you still have problem, please use the new firmware available (see below) and export your config, we added extra config info to help us debug sound extraction.
Currently we have zero issues with HDMI extraction and eARC, all tested perfectly up to atmos over true hd. There is an issue with Atmos/DD+ over ARC being worked on. so please test the rest.

Thanks @HDfury and @claw . I thought I had it - I had enabled ARC on the Denon and I thought it worked. Unfortunately, I have also plugged the Optical cable between the Diva and Denon..
Anyway, when I tried a second time... no sound.
I would think you don't need to enable any CEC on the Denon since the Diva should act like a "proxy" for ARC.
I will keep trying different combinations.

BTW, I hate CEC. It has got to be the worst implemented "standard" in the history of electronics.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
For Audio issue, always specify if you talk about HDMI extraction, ARC extraction or eARC extraction, in case you talk about HDMI extraction, then make sure TX0 have input routed to it. If problem, export config using new firmware posted below and add it as attachment in your post.
The IR codes you are asking for are also included in it.

I loaded DIVA-0.32-907-051919.bin and DIVA-FPGA-051619-V0.9.bin but I didn't notice any additional fields on the INFO or CEC page. However, the FW version seems to benn updated to 0.32.0.9. I am interested in HDMI extraction. After update:
  1. I disabled "Enable CEC" and "Enable DD+/ATMOS ARC" since I currently have no ARC
  2. I switch to Input2 using port selector on INFO page and no audio on DIVA HDMI Audio out.
  3. Power cycle DIVA
  4. When complete boot-up audio out on DIVA HDMI Audio out
Export attached when working.

Regards,

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVA-CONFIG-5_19_2019.txt (9.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by roemerj; 05-19-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 34
"Rx... info" not persistent

@HDfury ,

On the Webserver's OSD tab, when I check both "Rx Video info" and "Rx HDR info" boxes, the get uncheck when I click the "Refresh" button at the bottom of the page... is that supposed to happen (non-persistent selection)?

Furthermore, I don't see that info displayed on the OSD.

Your input please.

Regarding ARC, I got it working after unplugging the power input to the DIVA. But lost it when I looped the AVR's main output to one of the DIVA's input... will have to do some further tests.

Rgds,

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10); AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
Old 05-19-2019, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury ,

On the Webserver's OSD tab, when I check both "Rx Video info" and "Rx HDR info" boxes, the get uncheck when I click the "Refresh" button at the bottom of the page... is that supposed to happen (non-persistent selection)?
You need to click the first Send button on the screen to persist and activate the OSD changes. The Send button under the OSD Mask section. Yes, it is not obvious.
Walky likes this.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 05-19-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks @HDfury and @claw . I thought I had it - I had enabled ARC on the Denon and I thought it worked. Unfortunately, I have also plugged the Optical cable between the Diva and Denon..
I would think you don't need to enable any CEC on the Denon since the Diva should act like a "proxy" for ARC.

BTW, I hate CEC. It has got to be the worst implemented "standard" in the history of electronics.
Yes, I agree you should not need any CEC or ARC settings in the Denon. I posted my settings but they were applicable when I had ARC configured directly from my TV to AVR.

I would suggest after Enabling CEC in the Diva and setting CEC Type to Audio Processor... that you shut down your TV and AVR, then reboot the Diva. Turn on the AVR and TV after the Diva has rebooted. That worked for me. Disconnecting/reconnecting HDMI cables or using the Diva's ISSUE HOTPLUG command did not seem to be sufficient for me to get it to work.

CJ
Old 05-20-2019, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm sure in missing something super simple but I can't seem to get DV or ARC working. I've got the Diva plugged in in the following setup:

ATV 4K > DIVA HDMI 0 > DIVA HDMI TX0 > LG C7 65 HDMI 2 (only HDMI with ARC)
---------------------------> DIVA HDMI AUDIO OUT > SONY MDR-HW700DS > SONY MDR-HW700DS HDMI OUT > DENNON X520BT

With this I get full video except for DV sub is not detected at all (checked with Chromecast Ultra as well). Checking the settings page under the web gui (can't be plugged into network and video chain at same time due to distance from router) shows no values in the DV captured meta data section.

My Vertex 1 works fine, and I tried to have the TV plugged into just the diva for it to detect the DV from the TV like I did with the vertex, but it didn't seem to work.

I also tried to have ARC audio from TV Netflix in the same setup but that didn't work either.

All DIVA settings are default and Firmware is latest 0.32.0.9
Old 05-20-2019, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks @HDfury and @claw. I thought I had it - I had enabled ARC on the Denon and I thought it worked. Unfortunately, I have also plugged the Optical cable between the Diva and Denon..

Yes CEC is crap because it is implemented differently everywhere. eARC solves all this.

an AVR is always AUDIO SYSTEM w/ARC under CEC ID and you cannot have 2 AUDIO SYSTEM w/ARC on a CEC network, one will be discarded or worst it will confuse TV.
so if you use DIVA for ARC, then better NOT connect any AVR output to TV input.

Quote:
I loaded DIVA-0.32-907-051919.bin and DIVA-FPGA-051619-V0.9.bin but I didn't notice any additional fields on the INFO or CEC page. However, the FW version seems to benn updated to 0.32.0.9. I am interested in HDMI extraction. After update:
  1. I disabled "Enable CEC" and "Enable DD+/ATMOS ARC" since I currently have no ARC
  2. I switch to Input2 using port selector on INFO page and no audio on DIVA HDMI Audio out.
  3. Power cycle DIVA
  4. When complete boot-up audio out on DIVA HDMI Audio out
Attached picture of the new section that appear in config and cec page after you flash fw0.32.0.9 (make sure you refresh your browser after firmware flash, not only diva webserver refresh button, but your browser refresh button)
If you change any CEC ID value like you have done, TV and DIVA must be restarted.

Quote:
@HDfury,

Furthermore, I don't see that info displayed on the OSD.

Your input please.

Regarding ARC, I got it working after unplugging the power input to the DIVA. But lost it when I looped the AVR's main output to one of the DIVA's input... will have to do some further tests.

Rgds,

W.

As claw wrote, you are prolly pressing the SEND button for OSD custom text instead of the SEND button for OSD settings, we will make it more clear. always press the SEND button closer to the settings you just edited.

IF DIVA is used for ARC, then you cannot connect an other "AUDIO SYSTEM w/ARC" (means 2 times same CEC ID for Audio system w/ARC) in the CEC Chain, or TV will discard it or discard diva at best or it will confuse TV at worst, this is a limitation of CEC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fw_change_cec.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	2569088   Click image for larger version

Name:	fw_change_config.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	2569090  

Old 05-20-2019, 04:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTim View Post
I'm sure in missing something super simple but I can't seem to get DV or ARC working. I've got the Diva plugged in in the following setup:

ATV 4K > DIVA HDMI 0 > DIVA HDMI TX0 > LG C7 65 HDMI 2 (only HDMI with ARC)
---------------------------> DIVA HDMI AUDIO OUT > SONY MDR-HW700DS > SONY MDR-HW700DS HDMI OUT > DENNON X520BT

With this I get full video except for DV sub is not detected at all (checked with Chromecast Ultra as well). Checking the settings page under the web gui (can't be plugged into network and video chain at same time due to distance from router) shows no values in the DV captured meta data section.

My Vertex 1 works fine, and I tried to have the TV plugged into just the diva for it to detect the DV from the TV like I did with the vertex, but it didn't seem to work.

I also tried to have ARC audio from TV Netflix in the same setup but that didn't work either.

All DIVA settings are default and Firmware is latest 0.32.0.9

For DV: You are probably in CUSTOM EDID mode, and default is not a LG DV EDID, so either change EDID mode to AUTOMIX or use a CUSTOM EDID with LG DV in it.
For ARC to work: make sure the DENON AVR OUTPUT is not connected to TV. Turn CEC ON and make sure you set CEC ID for Audio system w/ARC, first try normal ARC mode without DD+/ATMOS (since DD+/ATMOS from ARC to HDMI have issue as mentioned above), restart DIVA and TV and see if it works.
DrTim likes this.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Yes, I agree you should not need any CEC or ARC settings in the Denon. I posted my settings but they were applicable when I had ARC configured directly from my TV to AVR.

I would suggest after Enabling CEC in the Diva and setting CEC Type to Audio Processor... that you shut down your TV and AVR, then reboot the Diva. Turn on the AVR and TV after the Diva has rebooted. That worked for me. Disconnecting/reconnecting HDMI cables or using the Diva's ISSUE HOTPLUG command did not seem to be sufficient for me to get it to work.

Success! Thanks @claw and @HDfury .

What worked for me was the combination of the new firmware and a version of what you described Claw.

I installed the 0.32.0.9 firmware and rebooted the Diva.
I forgot to export my config... so, redid my settings and also made sure I did not enable DD+/ATMOS ARC and left ARC Mode default switching on Auto

I did the hotplug - but the TV still did not recognize the Diva. And, the Diva Info Page showed:

AUDIO OUT L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit.

I made sure the Denon's CEC was totally disabled and did a power cycle of the Diva.
I then went to the Sony (Android based) and did the following

Settings->TV->External Input->Brava Sync settings
Toggled BRAVIA Sync control off then on
Then selected (in the same menu area) BRAVIA Sync device list

Lo and behold, there as this new line on the display.

Audio System HDMI 3 Diva

Exited that menu and then went to:

Settings->TV->Sound

and made sure Speakers was set to Audio System

I then noticed that the Info panel on the Diva web page now showed:

AUDIO OUT from TX0 using ARC

Audio is now going from the TV to the Denon fine!

Thanks again @claw and @HDfury .
BTW, nice touch on the Info page showing AUDIO OUT!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

we have updated OSD page presentation, hope it is more clear now as to which send button must be used.

will be on next update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2019_05_20T13_29_27_121Z.png
Views:	41
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	2569132  
claw, DrTim and Walky like this.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FYI Harmony DIVA codes. Submitted hex codes to Logitech on Saturday 5/18.
Today there are codes in the database.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 PM

OLED display info in Webserver?

@HDfury ,

It would be great if all the info available on the OLED display was also shown on the Webserver Info tab.

The OLED shows the standby and connection status of the peripherals plugged into the DIVA ports.

One thing I can't figure out is how to import a config. that we exported... there is a big "EXPORT" button on the CONFIG tab, but why isn't there an "IMPORT" button?

Regarding the ambient lighting that I am yet to set-up, I don't see a way to adjust the brightness/intensity on the TOOLS tab, a slider would be great. In addition, being able to separately adjust the brightness would allow us to take into account the proximity of a wall on one side (which is my case).

Lastly, can you please expand on the new "ARC mode default switching..." options?

Thanks for your great work and excellent support,

W.

Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Old 05-20-2019, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury,

It would be great if all the info available on the OLED display was also shown on the Webserver Info tab.

The OLED shows the standby and connection status of the peripherals plugged into the DIVA ports.

One thing I can't figure out is how to import a config. that we exported... there is a big "EXPORT" button on the CONFIG tab, but why isn't there an "IMPORT" button?

Regarding the ambient lighting that I am yet to set-up, I don't see a way to adjust the brightness/intensity on the TOOLS tab, a slider would be great. In addition, being able to separately adjust the brightness would allow us to take into account the proximity of a wall on one side (which is my case).

Lastly, can you please expand on the new "ARC mode default switching..." options?

Thanks for your great work and excellent support,

W.

1. Info about connecting state of source at input, etc... on webserver like on oled > i'll check that with devs and get back to you (or you see it in a next update)
2. IMPORT CONFIG not yet working, work in progress (not so easy to avoid mistake with newer vs older config missing some values or have features and options values changed in the meantime, etc.. so tough work here, that is one thing easier to do on windows, but we are learning fast)
3. INTENSITY value from 0 to 31 for R/G/B is available in TOOLS section [called: LED ELEMENT GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION (applies to all LEDS], if you prefer a slider we can do it, but more likely having exact digit is easier to remember than remembering a slider position, but can more likely have slider + value, i'll check. (if I forget this one, remember me later, not immediate priority as you can understand)
4. INTENSITY adjustment for each side > ok that's new, tell me more please : do we really need UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT or just LEFT/RIGHT here ?

For "ARC mode default switching" :

First of all, if you have eARC TV, you should not need to use that option at all, because eARC is new standard and switching between TV apps sounds or full audio from source at input seems very straight forward and we have not yet hear of issue (working cable for eARC is another story apparently)
So this mode is for and only for, people with ARC TV and AVR at HDMI AUDIO OUT.

In theory (and long story short), when you play a source, the TV should know it and release ARC, in fact, since CEC is up to how the manufacturer have implemented it and there is no real standard around it, there is many equipment having weird behavior, some TV will release ARC correctly at the right time and our unit can switch to HDMI full audio instead of ARC (so you are fine with all default options), but some TV will keep ARC flow forever and never release it once activated (in this situation, at diva startup, you can hear HDMI sound, switch to ARC sound from TV apps, but then you cannot switch back to HDMI), so our units cannot know as it should be, how to switch between ARC sound coming from TV or HDMI sound at input, some TV will even get in hdmi audio even if format unsupported and continue to route it back via ARC, which is not supported format for ARC most of the time and therefor NO SOUND.

So... to start handling and understanding and offering solution to the above we made the recent change in firmware that you are asking about:

- We added a notification in config and webserver, so we can know in case of no HDMI sound issue, if TV is stuck in ARC mode or not.
- We added a toggle HDMI/ARC to manually force unit in one or the other mode so in case people have such above described issue, then there is a manual solution. (however if TV switch well and you use it, it can make weird behavior, so the solution is not yet perfect, we will fine tune as we get more data and feedback in)

eARC is much better since it does not rely on CEC and works for all formats. CEC/ARC is old and differs in implementation and behavior from one manufacturer to an other, so there might be special rules by manufacturer or model to work out, time will tell.
JGrana and Walky like this.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-20-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Success! Thanks @claw and @HDfury.

What worked for me was the combination of the new firmware and a version of what you described Claw.

I installed the 0.32.0.9 firmware and rebooted the Diva.
I forgot to export my config... so, redid my settings and also made sure I did not enable DD+/ATMOS ARC and left ARC Mode default switching on Auto

I did the hotplug - but the TV still did not recognize the Diva. And, the Diva Info Page showed:

AUDIO OUT L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit.

I made sure the Denon's CEC was totally disabled and did a power cycle of the Diva.
I then went to the Sony (Android based) and did the following

Settings->TV->External Input->Brava Sync settings
Toggled BRAVIA Sync control off then on
Then selected (in the same menu area) BRAVIA Sync device list

Lo and behold, there as this new line on the display.

Audio System HDMI 3 Diva

Exited that menu and then went to:

Settings->TV->Sound

and made sure Speakers was set to Audio System

I then noticed that the Info panel on the Diva web page now showed:

AUDIO OUT from TX0 using ARC

Audio is now going from the TV to the Denon fine!

Thanks again @claw and @HDfury.
BTW, nice touch on the Info page showing AUDIO OUT!
Thanx for the feedback, to add to this, even on Sony eARC TV (X950), you have to check "audio system" in speakers menu for eARC to start working (go figure!)

Old 05-20-2019, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So I've been experimenting with various configurations with my Diva, and wondered if anyone can help me understand how (or if) it handles xvYCC signals.

I have a Sony VPL-VW1100ES projector, which is pre-dates HDR signals. It does accept Sony's xvYCC (x.v.color) signal, but I'm unsure if the Diva supports it. And if it does, how does the Diva report that signal?

I've been able to coax the projector to accept BT2020 signals from the Diva (using custom scaling), which (I think) tells me it handles a broader color space then BT709. But any time I convert HDR signals, the colors come out quite muddy and muted.

Specifically:
  1. Does Diva handle xvYCC?
  2. Is this the same as xvYCBCr and/or BT.2020?
  3. How would xvYCC signals be displayed in the Info tab (either with source or destination)?
  4. Can HDR signals successfully convert to xvYCC? If so, how do I determine the profile to use under the Tools tab?
  5. Is it possible using the "Scaler" tab to force xvYCC as an output?

Sorry if some of the questions are dense, color spaces are complicated enough without having to learn about essentially obsolete Sony terminology!

Thanks,

Dave
Old 05-20-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureplus View Post
FYI Harmony DIVA codes. Submitted hex codes to Logitech on Saturday 5/18.
Today there are codes in the database.

I assume it did not include the matrix switching commands added in the FW 0.32.0.9 release 5/19/2019 then. I think these will be critical in setting up Harmony activities to switch various inputs. I believe following were added:

diva_inputsel0x
diva_inputsel1x
diva_inputsel2x
diva_inputsel3x
diva_inputselx0
diva_inputselx1
diva_inputselx2

I assume the x are variable {0, 1, 2} for above first four, and {0, 1, 2, 3} for above last three commands. However, I don't see numbers in DIVA IR set . Are these standard? Thinking key sequence would be above command followed by the x number?

Regards,

Jim
Old 05-20-2019, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
diva ir codes

I just found out about the matrix switching IR a few hours ago when I noticed the FW update in the discussions. I did not see them in the DIVA harmony device codes so I assume they did not enter them. They possibly got all of them from the PDF manual. I originally thought they would only add the 14 codes I requested. They went ahead and entered just over 100. It appears the matrix codes will need to added.
Richard
Old 05-20-2019, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamar View Post
So I've been experimenting with various configurations with my Diva, and wondered if anyone can help me understand how (or if) it handles xvYCC signals.

I have a Sony VPL-VW1100ES projector, which is pre-dates HDR signals. It does accept Sony's xvYCC (x.v.color) signal, but I'm unsure if the Diva supports it. And if it does, how does the Diva report that signal?

I've been able to coax the projector to accept BT2020 signals from the Diva (using custom scaling), which (I think) tells me it handles a broader color space then BT709. But any time I convert HDR signals, the colors come out quite muddy and muted.

Specifically:
  1. Does Diva handle xvYCC?
  2. Is this the same as xvYCBCr and/or BT.2020?
  3. How would xvYCC signals be displayed in the Info tab (either with source or destination)?
  4. Can HDR signals successfully convert to xvYCC? If so, how do I determine the profile to use under the Tools tab?
  5. Is it possible using the "Scaler" tab to force xvYCC as an output?
Sorry if some of the questions are dense, color spaces are complicated enough without having to learn about essentially obsolete Sony terminology!

Thanks,

Dave

1. Yes it supports xvYCC at any input, it goes out from TX0 but not from TX1
2. No it's not the same as BT2020
3. It is reported as xvycc on OLED and info tab status normally.
4. No HDR cannot be converted to xvYCC
5. It's not possible to convert to xvYCC with custom scaling (because we haven't added it, it is possible)

Old 05-20-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureplus View Post
I just found out about the matrix switching IR a few hours ago when I noticed the FW update in the discussions. I did not see them in the DIVA harmony device codes so I assume they did not enter them. They possibly got all of them from the PDF manual. I originally thought they would only add the 14 codes I requested. They went ahead and entered just over 100. It appears the matrix codes will need to added.
Richard

Do you have an open case# with them to add the codes and are willing to have them added? Do you know about the key sequencing question I had?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
we have updated OSD page presentation, hope it is more clear now as to which send button must be used.

will be on next update.
@HDfury : thanks for the clearer OSD settings interface.

One thing I mentioned on the Vertex thread and which is also present here is the fact that we can't see both TX & RX info on the OSD... ticking RX replaces the TX info.

When there is no signal manipulation, there is no use in displaying both details, but I think it would be useful otherwise.

Please keep that in mind...

Thx,

W.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
1. Yes it supports xvYCC at any input, it goes out from TX0 but not from TX1
2. No it's not the same as BT2020
3. It is reported as xvycc on OLED and info tab status normally.
4. No HDR cannot be converted to xvYCC
5. It's not possible to convert to xvYCC with custom scaling (because we haven't added it, it is possible)
Thanks for the quick answers!

This leads me to think there’s no real need to force xvYCC scaling. BluRays that have xvYCC encoding would just pass it through. Without HDR conversion, I don’t think there’s a single 4K streaming service using a color space that would benefit from xvYCC scaling (over other non-HDR conversions). Unless I’m just missing something....

—dave
Old 05-21-2019, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
For DV: You are probably in CUSTOM EDID mode, and default is not a LG DV EDID, so either change EDID mode to AUTOMIX or use a CUSTOM EDID with LG DV in it.
For ARC to work: make sure the DENON AVR OUTPUT is not connected to TV. Turn CEC ON and make sure you set CEC ID for Audio system w/ARC, first try normal ARC mode without DD+/ATMOS (since DD+/ATMOS from ARC to HDMI have issue as mentioned above), restart DIVA and TV and see if it works.
Cool. Ok, I was in custom mode by default, so I put it to AUTOMIX and set the Audio section to Full instead of 5.1 (I assume this is what I should do to get the maximum possible audio performance). With this setup DV totally works, but the audio does not.

For the Arc stuff I set the settings as you mentioned (enable CEC on TV, set DIVA to Audio Processor for Arc) but I get no audio from my MDR-HW700 headphones.

Which settings am I messing up here? I'm not caring too much about Arc (it would be a nice to have really) but the audio not coming out from the AUTOMIX setting is an issue.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I assume it did not include the matrix switching commands added in the FW 0.32.0.9 release 5/19/2019 then. I think these will be critical in setting up Harmony activities to switch various inputs. I believe following were added:

diva_inputsel0x
diva_inputsel1x
diva_inputsel2x
diva_inputsel3x
diva_inputselx0
diva_inputselx1
diva_inputselx2

I assume the x are variable {0, 1, 2} for above first four, and {0, 1, 2, 3} for above last three commands. However, I don't see numbers in DIVA IR set . Are these standard? Thinking key sequence would be above command followed by the x number?

Regards,

Jim
ex: 0x means tx0 will be port0 and port1 is whatever it was
x3 means that tx0 remains and tx1 will be port3
And the normal previous 0 ,1, 2 ,3 just mean that both will switch to that channel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement