Originally Posted by Walky
It would be great if all the info available on the OLED display was also shown on the Webserver Info tab.
The OLED shows the standby and connection status of the peripherals plugged into the DIVA ports.
One thing I can't figure out is how to import a config. that we exported... there is a big "EXPORT" button on the CONFIG tab, but why isn't there an "IMPORT" button?
Regarding the ambient lighting that I am yet to set-up, I don't see a way to adjust the brightness/intensity on the TOOLS tab, a slider would be great. In addition, being able to separately adjust the brightness would allow us to take into account the proximity of a wall on one side (which is my case).
Lastly, can you please expand on the new "ARC mode default switching..." options?
Thanks for your great work and excellent support,
1. Info about connecting state of source at input, etc... on webserver like on oled > i'll check that with devs and get back to you (or you see it in a next update)
2. IMPORT CONFIG not yet working, work in progress (not so easy to avoid mistake with newer vs older config missing some values or have features and options values changed in the meantime, etc.. so tough work here, that is one thing easier to do on windows, but we are learning fast)
3. INTENSITY value from 0 to 31 for R/G/B is available in TOOLS section [called: LED ELEMENT GLOBAL COLOR CALIBRATION (applies to all LEDS], if you prefer a slider we can do it, but more likely having exact digit is easier to remember than remembering a slider position, but can more likely have slider + value, i'll check. (if I forget this one, remember me later, not immediate priority as you can understand)
4. INTENSITY adjustment for each side > ok that's new, tell me more please : do we really need UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT or just LEFT/RIGHT here ?
For "ARC mode default switching" :
First of all, if you have eARC TV, you should not need to use that option at all, because eARC is new standard and switching between TV apps sounds or full audio from source at input seems very straight forward and we have not yet hear of issue (working cable for eARC is another story apparently)
So this mode is for and only for, people with ARC TV and AVR at HDMI AUDIO OUT.
In theory (and long story short), when you play a source, the TV should know it and release ARC, in fact, since CEC is up to how the manufacturer have implemented it and there is no real standard around it, there is many equipment having weird behavior, some TV will release ARC correctly at the right time and our unit can switch to HDMI full audio instead of ARC (so you are fine with all default options), but some TV will keep ARC flow forever and never release it once activated (in this situation, at diva startup, you can hear HDMI sound, switch to ARC sound from TV apps, but then you cannot switch back to HDMI), so our units cannot know as it should be, how to switch between ARC sound coming from TV or HDMI sound at input, some TV will even get in hdmi audio even if format unsupported and continue to route it back via ARC, which is not supported format for ARC most of the time and therefor NO SOUND.
So... to start handling and understanding and offering solution to the above we made the recent change in firmware that you are asking about
- We added a notification in config and webserver, so we can know in case of no HDMI sound issue, if TV is stuck in ARC mode or not.
- We added a toggle HDMI/ARC to manually force unit in one or the other mode so in case people have such above described issue, then there is a manual solution. (however if TV switch well and you use it, it can make weird behavior, so the solution is not yet perfect, we will fine tune as we get more data and feedback in)
eARC is much better since it does not rely on CEC and works for all formats. CEC/ARC is old and differs in implementation and behavior from one manufacturer to an other, so there might be special rules by manufacturer or model to work out, time will tell.