HDfury Dr HDMI 4k - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 83 Old 12-28-2019, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
MRinDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 56
So here is my situation: I am feeding Apple TV 4K to my AVR with HDMI. Output 1 (HDMI) from the AVR is routed to my Sony 55" TV with great success. I want to use the mirrored HDMI Output 2 to send non 4K (720p I assume) to a smaller panel in the next room. HDMI from Output 2 is a non 4K cable embedded in-wall. Can't be changed.

Will the Dr HDMI 4K accept the mirrored 4K signal from Output 2, changing the signal to output 720P while fooling my AVR into thinking both Outputs 1 and 2 are carrying 4K? Is that how this device works?

If so, do I connect a short 4K HDMI cable from Output 2 to the Dr HDMI 4K input? Then connect the non 4K cable to the Dr HDMI output? And on to the smaller panel?

If this is not how Dr HDMI 4K works, what can you recommend that will down res the mirrored 4K output to 720p without choking Output 1?

Thanks for your help; if this what I need, I will order immediately. I have recently ordered a Fury for use with a separate AVR that will not pass 4K video. If that works as advertised, you guys are genius!

Mike Rife

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. -- Mark Twain

MRinDenver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 83 Old 12-28-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRinDenver View Post
So here is my situation: I am feeding Apple TV 4K to my AVR with HDMI. Output 1 (HDMI) from the AVR is routed to my Sony 55" TV with great success. I want to use the mirrored HDMI Output 2 to send non 4K (720p I assume) to a smaller panel in the next room. HDMI from Output 2 is a non 4K cable embedded in-wall. Can't be changed.

Will the Dr HDMI 4K accept the mirrored 4K signal from Output 2, changing the signal to output 720P while fooling my AVR into thinking both Outputs 1 and 2 are carrying 4K? Is that how this device works?

If so, do I connect a short 4K HDMI cable from Output 2 to the Dr HDMI 4K input? Then connect the non 4K cable to the Dr HDMI output? And on to the smaller panel?

If this is not how Dr HDMI 4K works, what can you recommend that will down res the mirrored 4K output to 720p without choking Output 1?

Thanks for your help; if this what I need, I will order immediately. I have recently ordered a Fury for use with a separate AVR that will not pass 4K video. If that works as advertised, you guys are genius!

No sorry but Dr.HDMI 4K is not a scaler (which is what you need here), it is just an EDID manager and will be of no use for your issue.

I'm not even sure we have any affordable solution here because usually we can only scale between UHD and FHD (or 2160p and 1080p), if we had to convert 4K into 720p we would need additional device and then it becomes cheaper to just buy a new TV.

But may be just give me brand/model of that TV so i can look up its specs and give you exact answer.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #33 of 83 Old 12-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
MRinDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Thanks for such a prompt reply!

The 4K TV that is the main panel is a Sony XBR 55 900F.

The smaller TV that I want to share the HDMI output with is a Samsung UN28H4500, and it is 720P

Hope this helps, and thanks again!

Mike Rife

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. -- Mark Twain

MRinDenver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 83 Old 12-28-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRinDenver View Post
Thanks for such a prompt reply!

The 4K TV that is the main panel is a Sony XBR 55 900F.

The smaller TV that I want to share the HDMI output with is a Samsung UN28H4500, and it is 720P

Hope this helps, and thanks again!
Ok according to your TV usermanual here: https://manualsbrain.com/en/manuals/909443/?page=134

It support max 1080i via HDMI and max 1080p via component. I'm quite sure you will have better picture quality on that TV by going thru component.

So i think we can make a solution for your by using 2 affordable devices from us, HDfury Linker and Gamer2 YUV

So AVR second output 4K > linker to convert 4K to 1080p > HDfury Gamer2 YUV to convert 1080p HDMI to 1080p component.

Just make sure the TV have RCA input (red and white cinch for sound) and that should work fine.

Please send email to 3dfury at gmail.com or contact at hdfury.com as HDfury Gamer2 YUV is not available anymore from our site but we still have a few to help you out and make a package deal.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #35 of 83 Old 01-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Please Help- Dr HDMI setting

Hi ! I would like to USE an UHD player (HDCP 2.2) on my JVC Projector (HDCP 1.4, which accepts 4K 60 4.2.0, JVC DLA X500 ) which position is the perfect one for this ? a already registered set up or do I have to create my own with the software ? I tried CUSTOM 8 (white led) so "COPY DOWNSTREAM EDID" but it doesn't work when I try to play an UHD Bluray with my Panasonic 820 I still have a 1080P Signal but if I go back to the player main menu then 4K60 is playing so it must be an HDCP issue that (as far I understand the DR HDMI) can fix ???
Thank you for you help !
Sylvain DUMONT is offline  
post #36 of 83 Old 01-09-2020, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain DUMONT View Post
Hi ! I would like to USE an UHD player (HDCP 2.2) on my JVC Projector (HDCP 1.4, which accepts 4K 60 4.2.0, JVC DLA X500 ) which position is the perfect one for this ? a already registered set up or do I have to create my own with the software ? I tried CUSTOM 8 (white led) so "COPY DOWNSTREAM EDID" but it doesn't work when I try to play an UHD Bluray with my Panasonic 820 I still have a 1080P Signal but if I go back to the player main menu then 4K60 is playing so it must be an HDCP issue that (as far I understand the DR HDMI) can fix ???
Thank you for you help !
You need Linker, Integral2 or Vertex for that (HDCP conversion)
Dr.HDMI 4K is just and EDID manager and your issue here is not EDID, it's HDCP.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #37 of 83 Old 01-17-2020, 02:58 PM
Member
 
Letuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quick question. My old HDFury 1080p solves handshake issues with my Denon X3300W AVR. Given all of the content is purely BT709 there was never a question of settings.

Now after videocard upgrade to 4K capable one I'm going to be playing both SD and UHD content. Which Dr HDMI 4K bank or app setting should I be using for LG 65C7? EDID bank #3 ?

I'm using Kodi + HTPC. I obviously don't want SDR content to be output as DV or anything or upscaled. Just want to have a full passthrough option when more and more 4K HDR/DV content is going to be compatible with Windows HTPC. I know device is there to just tackle handshake issues and not limiting/expanding output signal. For example if it's set to max settings "4k60, 4:2:0, 12b, HDR 2020 3D, LG 65C7 DV1" which sounds like my setting it'll just make sure I'm at "max compatibility" level? Just want to clarify this Thank you!

Video: LG 65 C7
AVR: Denon AVR-X3300W
Audio: Klipsch RP-280F, RP-440C, RP-240S, RP-150M, SVS SB-1000
BD-Player: Panasonic DMP-UB400
Media players: HTPC Kodi Leia, i3-4130T/nVidia GTX 1050, Apple TV 4K, eGreat A5
Letuch is offline  
post #38 of 83 Old 01-17-2020, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letuch View Post
Quick question. My old HDFury 1080p solves handshake issues with my Denon X3300W AVR. Given all of the content is purely BT709 there was never a question of settings.

Now after videocard upgrade to 4K capable one I'm going to be playing both SD and UHD content. Which Dr HDMI 4K bank or app setting should I be using for LG 65C7? EDID bank #3 ?

I'm using Kodi + HTPC. I obviously don't want SDR content to be output as DV or anything or upscaled. Just want to have a full passthrough option when more and more 4K HDR/DV content is going to be compatible with Windows HTPC. I know device is there to just tackle handshake issues and not limiting/expanding output signal. For example if it's set to max settings "4k60, 4:2:0, 12b, HDR 2020 3D, LG 65C7 DV1" which sounds like my setting it'll just make sure I'm at "max compatibility" level? Just want to clarify this Thank you!
Max is 4k60 4:4:4 8b or 4K60 4:2:2 12b, both equal 600MHz/18Gbps, but if you want DV support, you cannot use custom edid as you need DV string in it, so best is prolly bank 3 (LG65C7 assuming you have a serie 7 LG TV)
You can also upload any EDID of your choice, so if problem, you can grab Diva or Vertex EDID collection from their download page and pick up any of these.

Most important for 4K is your HDMI cable, make sure you use, if copper, min 6ft/max12ft from Kabledirekt, bluejeans cable or our cables. Dr.HDMI4K won't solve cable issue (at least not for the one at its input)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #39 of 83 Old 01-18-2020, 01:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello


I have a new problem.
I use a lg oled tv
I use the Anthem mrx 720 avr (this is a new divice, previous i had the mrx 310)
I use a Apple tv 4K


This works fine


But!!!!
I olso use the Oppo bdp93eu
Image is perfect, but no sound.
When i unplug the LG Oled, i have sound (but no image)!


I think it is not a EDID problem
I think it is a HDCP problem


How to solve this?

Last edited by CJS.; 01-18-2020 at 05:47 AM.
CJS. is offline  
post #40 of 83 Old 01-18-2020, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS. View Post
Hello


I have a new problem.
I use a lg oled tv
I use the Anthem mrx 720 avr (this is a new divice, previous i had the mrx 310)
I use a Apple tv 4K


This works fine


But!!!!
I olso use the Oppo bdp93eu
Image is perfect, but no sound.
When i unplug the LG Oled, i have sound (but no image)!


I think it is not a EDID problem
I think it is a HDCP problem


How to solve this?
Make a simple test, turn off the UHD color or 4K enhanced mode on the TV where the AVR output goes and see if you get picture this way, please report back.
Which EDID have you currently set on Dr. HDMI 4K?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #41 of 83 Old 01-19-2020, 01:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Make a simple test, turn off the UHD color or 4K enhanced mode on the TV where the AVR output goes and see if you get picture this way, please report back.
Which EDID have you currently set on Dr. HDMI 4K?
I am sorry for the mistake
I don't have a dr. HDMI 4k
Previous i had to use the AVR-KEY with the mrx310, because the mrx 310 don't support HDR and DOLBY VISION.
I though that with the new avr i didn't need a help divice,
But mine oppo woudn't play sound, only image.
So i tried to use the AVR-KEY again.
And at first, the AVR-KEY did not work on my new set up, no image and sound, i did try that first, but i had the AVR-KEY wrong connected (stupid of me).
I saw it when i remove the AVR-KEY.
I did try it again, now connected correct, and my problem is solved.


So the AVR-KEY got its second life.


Thanks for the support

Last edited by CJS.; 01-19-2020 at 02:09 AM.
CJS. is offline  
post #42 of 83 Old 01-19-2020, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS. View Post
I am sorry for the mistake
I don't have a dr. HDMI 4k
Previous i had to use the AVR-KEY with the mrx310, because the mrx 310 don't support HDR and DOLBY VISION.
I though that with the new avr i didn't need a help divice,
But mine oppo woudn't play sound, only image.
So i tried to use the AVR-KEY again.
And at first, the AVR-KEY did not work on my new set up, no image and sound, i did try that first, but i had the AVR-KEY wrong connected (stupid of me).
I saw it when i remove the AVR-KEY.
I did try it again, now connected correct, and my problem is solved.


So the AVR-KEY got its second life.


Thanks for the support
Ok good, please use AVR-Key thread for AVR-Key question next time, thanx !

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #43 of 83 Old 01-19-2020, 06:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok good, please use AVR-Key thread for AVR-Key question next time, thanx !

I understand, but at first it was not about the AVR-KEY!
I had trouble with a kind of handshake (HDMI), so i thought, that i need the DR HDMI 4K, but i wasn't shore.
That is why i asked here.


Thanks for the great support from you guys (and girls)
CJS. is offline  
post #44 of 83 Old 01-19-2020, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS. View Post
I understand, but at first it was not about the AVR-KEY!
I had trouble with a kind of handshake (HDMI), so i thought, that i need the DR HDMI 4K, but i wasn't shore.
That is why i asked here.


Thanks for the great support from you guys (and girls)
Ok no problem, was just a reminder for the readers
Thank you for kind words,
Dr.HDMI is just an EDID manager, if you have any other devices from us, then they also include EDID manager and can solve other issue as well.
Dr.HDMI is an entry level device only for edid issues.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #45 of 83 Old 01-22-2020, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Andy o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,461
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Does this support HDCP 2.2 at all? With my laptop with an Nvidia GTX 1650 MaxQ, I have no issues with Netflix 4k, and the Cyberlink Bluray advisor tells me the whole necessary chain, including HDCP 2.2, is fine. When I put the Dr HDMI 4k between it and the LG 65OLEDC9, suddenly Netflix limits itself to HD and the CL advisor tells me HDCP 2.2 is not available. This is something important that should be on the website, but it only says "HDCP Pass-through". Version is important.
Andy o is offline  
post #46 of 83 Old 01-22-2020, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Does this support HDCP 2.2 at all? With my laptop with an Nvidia GTX 1650 MaxQ, I have no issues with Netflix 4k, and the Cyberlink Bluray advisor tells me the whole necessary chain, including HDCP 2.2, is fine. When I put the Dr HDMI 4k between it and the LG 65OLEDC9, suddenly Netflix limits itself to HD and the CL advisor tells me HDCP 2.2 is not available. This is something important that should be on the website, but it only says "HDCP Pass-through". Version is important.
No, Dr HDMI play no role in HDCP, if you insert it between HDCP 2.2 devices, they all see each other as 2.2, same for 1.4
Dr HDMI is fully transparent to HDCP.

May be you have wrong edid or HTPC mode activated, which should not be activated for any hdcp content.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #47 of 83 Old 01-22-2020, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Andy o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,461
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thanks, I toggled HTPC mode off (all green lights flash?) and it worked. What is HTPC mode for? The website doesn't give much explanation and I can't find much documentation for this device. I had to pretty much rely on past experience but for someone who isn't familiar with all the letters and numbers printed on the device it seems it would be very confusing.
Andy o is offline  
post #48 of 83 Old 01-23-2020, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Thanks, I toggled HTPC mode off (all green lights flash?) and it worked. What is HTPC mode for? The website doesn't give much explanation and I can't find much documentation for this device. I had to pretty much rely on past experience but for someone who isn't familiar with all the letters and numbers printed on the device it seems it would be very confusing.
HTPC mode is made for PC who use external display and to avoid windows from detecting any changes that is happening at output because such changes usually results in resolution change, icons change, and other possible issues.
So even if you turn the display off, windows won't be able to see anything happening and won't react to what's happening at output anymore.
The drawback is that such mode cannot work with HDCP encrypted content, since there is a key exchange going on that cannot work when HTPC mode is activated.
Andy o likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #49 of 83 Old 01-29-2020, 02:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mastiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mandal, Norway - on the frozen tundra
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
HTPC mode is made for PC who use external display and to avoid windows from detecting any changes that is happening at output because such changes usually results in resolution change, icons change, and other possible issues.
So even if you turn the display off, windows won't be able to see anything happening and won't react to what's happening at output anymore.
The drawback is that such mode cannot work with HDCP encrypted content, since there is a key exchange going on that cannot work when HTPC mode is activated.
I apologize for my ignorance, but doesn't HDCP not working mean that Blu-ray movies played on the Blu-ray station in the HTPC will not work? I have ordered the 4K to use on my HTPC mainly because I drives me nuts that I have to be there myself if somebody in my family wants to watch a 3D movie. I have to plug out the power to the HDMI to HDMI audio and HDMI full signal splitter, which I use because I have two display devices connected to my receiver, one TV that isn't 3D compatible and one projector that is, and nVIDIA's stereosopic 3D is very annoyed if it senses something in the chain that isn't compatible. Another thing is that sometimes I get a power brownout (I have my home theater in a cabin by the sea, and the main power lines out to this place aren't top notch, strong wind can make brownouts) it will make my HTPC and projector loose sync, and I have to close the program I'm watching the movie with and restart it to get back to 3D.

So I'm going to put the Dr. HDMI in 4K 3D Full audio and hopefully forget that I ever had an annoyance. But do I have to plug it out every time I am going to watch 3D from a Blu-ray, and not from one of my pre-ripped ISOs?

11.4/7.4.4 Wharfedale E-series, Wharfedale Topaz 12" and 15" subwoofers, B&W ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, Yamaha RX-A3070 for 7.2.4 and RX-A2070 for 0.2.4 in a Frankenstein presence setup, with RX-V3067 as a pure power amp for ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, JVC DLA-X500 projector

Last edited by Mastiff; 01-29-2020 at 02:44 AM.
Mastiff is offline  
post #50 of 83 Old 01-29-2020, 03:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
I apologize for my ignorance, but doesn't HDCP not working mean that Blu-ray movies played on the Blu-ray station in the HTPC will not work? I have ordered the 4K to use on my HTPC mainly because I drives me nuts that I have to be there myself if somebody in my family wants to watch a 3D movie. I have to plug out the power to the HDMI to HDMI audio and HDMI full signal splitter, which I use because I have two display devices connected to my receiver, one TV that isn't 3D compatible and one projector that is, and nVIDIA's stereosopic 3D is very annoyed if it senses something in the chain that isn't compatible. Another thing is that sometimes I get a power brownout (I have my home theater in a cabin by the sea, and the main power lines out to this place aren't top notch, strong wind can make brownouts) it will make my HTPC and projector loose sync, and I have to close the program I'm watching the movie with and restart it to get back to 3D.

So I'm going to put the Dr. HDMI in 4K 3D Full audio and hopefully forget that I ever had an annoyance. But do I have to plug it out every time I am going to watch 3D from a Blu-ray, and not from one of my pre-ripped ISOs?
All that depends if your player or graphics cards will require hdcp handshake, if they need it, then that won't work in HTPC mode, but HTPC mode is may be not needed for you.
It is usually only needed when you have external display setup and you don't want windows to re order your icons and desktop everytime that external display turns off and on.
So give it a try with and without HTPC mode and you should be able to deduct all that.

If you need HDCP handled and HTPC mode (as well as EDID) then you need Vertex or Integral2.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #51 of 83 Old 01-29-2020, 03:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mastiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mandal, Norway - on the frozen tundra
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thanks for the quick answer! I'll just see when I get it in a couple of days, then.

11.4/7.4.4 Wharfedale E-series, Wharfedale Topaz 12" and 15" subwoofers, B&W ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, Yamaha RX-A3070 for 7.2.4 and RX-A2070 for 0.2.4 in a Frankenstein presence setup, with RX-V3067 as a pure power amp for ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, JVC DLA-X500 projector
Mastiff is offline  
post #52 of 83 Old 01-30-2020, 05:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mastiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mandal, Norway - on the frozen tundra
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Got it today. That thing gave me a scare! I only saw one side and thought I had received a 1080p only! But on the other side was the 4K. But how do I switch between the memory banks? I would like a manual, but I can't find it anywhere on the web. I can only find the manual for the original Dr. HDMI.

11.4/7.4.4 Wharfedale E-series, Wharfedale Topaz 12" and 15" subwoofers, B&W ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, Yamaha RX-A3070 for 7.2.4 and RX-A2070 for 0.2.4 in a Frankenstein presence setup, with RX-V3067 as a pure power amp for ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, JVC DLA-X500 projector
Mastiff is offline  
post #53 of 83 Old 01-30-2020, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
Got it today. That thing gave me a scare! I only saw one side and thought I had received a 1080p only! But on the other side was the 4K. But how do I switch between the memory banks? I would like a manual, but I can't find it anywhere on the web. I can only find the manual for the original Dr. HDMI.
Check this YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPt...YOrAZ3A/videos

You have all video to show you how to select anything on Dr.HDMI 4K, such as:

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #54 of 83 Old 01-30-2020, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mastiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mandal, Norway - on the frozen tundra
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thanks! That helped. Being 54 years old I prefer written manuals to YouTube-videos, so thats what I was looking for.

11.4/7.4.4 Wharfedale E-series, Wharfedale Topaz 12" and 15" subwoofers, B&W ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, Yamaha RX-A3070 for 7.2.4 and RX-A2070 for 0.2.4 in a Frankenstein presence setup, with RX-V3067 as a pure power amp for ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, JVC DLA-X500 projector
Mastiff is offline  
post #55 of 83 Old 01-30-2020, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
Thanks! That helped. Being 54 years old I prefer written manuals to YouTube-videos, so thats what I was looking for.
Ok just go on HDfury.com > products > Dr.HDMI 4K > Getting Started.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #56 of 83 Old 01-30-2020, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mastiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mandal, Norway - on the frozen tundra
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thanks!

11.4/7.4.4 Wharfedale E-series, Wharfedale Topaz 12" and 15" subwoofers, B&W ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, Yamaha RX-A3070 for 7.2.4 and RX-A2070 for 0.2.4 in a Frankenstein presence setup, with RX-V3067 as a pure power amp for ceiling speakers for Atmos/DTS:X use, JVC DLA-X500 projector
Mastiff is offline  
post #57 of 83 Old 02-03-2020, 05:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hi,

I have an issue with Dr.HDMI 4K which I just got.

I installed the Windows 10 USB drivers 4.0 and I'm trying to use the Dr.HDMI 4K 4.0 GUI. it takes 1 min until it opens and when it opens everything is slow and freeze every sec. it says "error reading" on the buttom.

I did the firmware update. still take a long time for it to open and when it opens the GUI Lag/Freezing every 5 sec, it does change the EDID if I choose other ones. but it is slowww....

It also doesn't show me the version

How can I fix this?


x7007 is offline  
post #58 of 83 Old 02-03-2020, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
Hi,

I have an issue with Dr.HDMI 4K which I just got.

I installed the Windows 10 USB drivers 4.0 and I'm trying to use the Dr.HDMI 4K 4.0 GUI. it takes 1 min until it opens and when it opens everything is slow and freeze every sec. it says "error reading" on the buttom.

I did the firmware update. still take a long time for it to open and when it opens the GUI Lag/Freezing every 5 sec, it does change the EDID if I choose other ones. but it is slowww....

It also doesn't show me the version

How can I fix this?

I think we solved this with you on our discord server, please use one way to ask support, not multiple ways.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #59 of 83 Old 02-10-2020, 02:18 AM
Member
 
blub-blub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi

When is the HTPC mode to be enabled? h

Press button - it flashes green
Press button - it flashes red

Thx
blub-blub is offline  
post #60 of 83 Old 02-10-2020, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 686 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by blub-blub View Post
Hi

When is the HTPC mode to be enabled? h

Press button - it flashes green
Press button - it flashes red

Thx
HTPC mode cycle thru ON/OFF/ON/OFF/Etc... with long press ! (hold for +2sec)
It's off by default if unit is out of the box, or hard reset or firmware updated.
So if you are not sure about the status, just HARD RESET (hold Reset button for +2sec) and then hold HTPC button for +2sec
you can of course verify all that from Windows GUI utility or via Android/iOS APP if you have GoBlue.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off