HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 323Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #511 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Also, if the Vertex 2 is before the AVR, does that not allow you to use it's constant EDID setting to help eliminate handshake issues ?

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nalleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 475 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
Liked: 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Wow never thought of that.... Doesn't the Darbee need to be AFTER the AVR and right before the display ? That's what I thought was the recommended setup.
No, that is not necessary, it works either way. This is how i have it, and it works great In fact, that is the reason i got the Vertex2, because i like my Darbee on blurays

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 4xSI18" - 12x12" w/6xSLAPS M12 VNF - 4x12"HB+2x18"CLHB - 6x Crowsons - 4xBK-LFE - 2x12"BB - 2x "4DX" fans- 6xNU6K - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Samsung QE82Q60.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
Nalleh is online now  
post #513 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Wow never thought of that.... Doesn't the Darbee need to be AFTER the AVR and right before the display ? That's what I thought was the recommended setup.
No, that is not necessary, it works either way. This is how i have it, and it works great [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] In fact, that is the reason i got the Vertex2, because i like my Darbee on blurays [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Does the constant EDID setting still work though ? I'm wondering if the Vertex 2 loses some of its features being before the AVR.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #514 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nalleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 475 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
Liked: 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Does the constant EDID setting still work though ? I'm wondering if the Vertex 2 loses some of its features being before the AVR.
I just switch to 1080P on my OPPO when i watch blurays. That way no action is needed on the Vertex2.

HDfury adressed a solution/alternative to that a couple posts ago.

Loses what?

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 4xSI18" - 12x12" w/6xSLAPS M12 VNF - 4x12"HB+2x18"CLHB - 6x Crowsons - 4xBK-LFE - 2x12"BB - 2x "4DX" fans- 6xNU6K - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Samsung QE82Q60.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
Nalleh is online now  
post #515 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Does the constant EDID setting still work though ? I'm wondering if the Vertex 2 loses some of its features being before the AVR.
I just switch to 1080P on my OPPO when i watch blurays. That way no action is needed on the Vertex2.

HDfury adressed a solution/alternative to that a couple posts ago.

Loses what?
My understanding of the Vertex 2 is that it has a constant EDID signal that keeps the display and AVR from having HDMI handshake issues. I'm wondering if placing the Vertex before the AVR will not let it accomplish that.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #516 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 10:45 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Is LAN the only way to pull up the GUI/web based interface ? This thing doesn't have a wireless connection ? BT ?

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #517 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 11:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Ok so I'll need an AVR with two or more outputs... Was hoping to get away with my one but I don't think it can be avoided
Why would need AVR with 2 outputs ? please re read me


SOURCES > AVR > VERTEX2 > one output to TV, another output to DARBE > TV.
AVR send 1 signal, Vertex2 SPLIT into 2 signals, one 4K for TV direct, one 1080p for DARBEE > TV.
Change input on TV to have 4K direct or 1080p direct or downscaled from 4K (if you use Diva instead of Vertex2, you can have 4K HDR > 1080p SDR > darbee as well)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #518 of 1926 Old 11-20-2019, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Is LAN the only way to pull up the GUI/web based interface ? This thing doesn't have a wireless connection ? BT ?

LAN connector is to connect unit to your Local Area Network
Then you can use any device on that network to access Vertex2 webserver, including any computer, tablet or phone connected to the same LAN via WIFI or Ethernet cable.


For what you want to do here, you can also use Integral2 or Vertex1 (they need windows PC for update and config utility) and get GoBlue (BT Dongle Addon) then you can control Integral2/Vertex via Android/iOS APP. (Windows PC still needed for firmware update or help/troubleshooting)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #519 of 1926 Old 11-21-2019, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Went ahead and ordered the Vertex 2. One of the biggest reasons is the excellent support by @HDfury , guy tirelessly answers all of our questions. Hope they appreciate all you do sir.
HDfury likes this.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #520 of 1926 Old 11-21-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Went ahead and ordered the Vertex 2. One of the biggest reasons is the excellent support by @HDfury, guy tirelessly answers all of our questions. Hope they appreciate all you do sir.
Don't know but I appreciated what you wrote.. Waiting for your very own questions now then

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #521 of 1926 Old 11-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Member
 
AYanguas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Requesting feedback to solve my problems

With my recent Vertex2 I try to solve the scenario explained below.

I’ve been trying to configure it, but after changing and testing several alternatives I am not satisfied, because either some things or other do not work as intended.

I’m having a Nightmare of different Vertex2 configuration settings and not everything works as I thought. So I have decided to share this with you and ask for feedback about What I’m doing.

Sorry for the long post and hope I will be able to explain myself:

SCENARIO:
Sources: Oppo 203, Dune, FireTV 4K, ...
AVR: Denon 8500
Sink1: Projector Optoma UHZ65 (4K HDR)
Sink2: TV Philips (1080p HD)
I want to have both Sinks as displays operative, not both at the same time, but depending on the content, choose one or the other without changing resolution configuration at sources.
For example:
- Watching films (either 2K, 4K) at the Projector at 4K HDR
- Listening music (Bluray 2K with menus) using only the TV

CONNECTION:
Sources -> AVR HDMI Inputs -> AVR HDMI Out 1 -> VERTEX2 RX0
VERTEX2 TX0 -> Projector (4K HDR)
VERTEX2 TX1 -> TV (1080p)

CONFIGURATION 1:
I started with default EDID 11 for Vertex2 INPUT 0 to give AVR the maximum EDID available for video and audio and then configure the SCALER to downscale to HD on TX1
Is this correct or appropriate?
PROBLEM:
All is working well during Oppo menus navigation: Projector receive 4K from TX0 and TV display correctly HD from TX1. BUT, as soon as I start a Bluray the HDMI handshake begins (I would like to avoid it… how?) and The Bluray menu correctly appears on Projector upscaled to 4K, but the TV screen goes blank with No signal message. I see a signal on the Vertex2 display of downscaled 1080p 444 8b, or similar, compatible with TV EDID, but no image on TV, it seems dead.
I have changed SCALER from Autoscale to Custom and changing all settings for the downscale TX1 to reduce to 1080p 420 8b without success.

CONFIGURATION 2:
I change Vertex2 EDID to AUTOMIX (Max Audio, Max Video). ¿Is it better? Why?
Something starts to work properly but not all combinations of playing media or alternating from TV to Projector work. As always, in some cases the downscaled output TX1 to 1080p does not work and after the repetitive HDMI Handshakes the TV goes blank with no signal. Sometimes, going back to Oppo Menu recover TV display, sometimes Not and it is necessary to manually force again another HDMI handshake by changing any Vertex2 setting or powering Off/On the TV.
I Cannot see what downscaled TX1 signal is not good for the TV, as I have tested all setings down to BT790 420 8b and it works well, but when navigating from Oppo Menu to playing Bluray content menu I got a HDMI handshake and TV goes blank. (Projector at TX0 always display OK).

CONFIGURATION 3:
I change Vertex2 AUTOMIX (TX1 Output Priority).
NOW it works. I can navigate from Oppo Menu to Bluray Menu and both displays are working: Projector at 4K upscaled, and TV downscaled to 1080p, because Oppo display the HD bluray already upscaled to 4K.
PROBLEM:
But after many tests with different media content I finally end somehow with the TV display Blank.

I have also changed to AUTOMIX (TX0 Output Priority), not sure why. Some of the failed playing content combinations now work well and some other failed again and I end with the TV screen blank with no signal.

I have also changed some HDMI cables and the HDMI input of the TV. All is working well without the Vertex2, but when I connect the Vertex2 I have that kind of problem.


Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.

AVR: Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
DPY: Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C / TV LG C9
Ply:: Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203 / Fire Stick 4K
SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
Oth: HDFury Vertex2
AYanguas is offline  
post #522 of 1926 Old 11-22-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
With my recent Vertex2 I try to solve the scenario explained below.

I’ve been trying to configure it, but after changing and testing several alternatives I am not satisfied, because either some things or other do not work as intended.

I’m having a Nightmare of different Vertex2 configuration settings and not everything works as I thought. So I have decided to share this with you and ask for feedback about What I’m doing.

Sorry for the long post and hope I will be able to explain myself:

SCENARIO:
Sources: Oppo 203, Dune, FireTV 4K, ...
AVR: Denon 8500
Sink1: Projector Optoma UHZ65 (4K HDR)
Sink2: TV Philips (1080p HD)
I want to have both Sinks as displays operative, not both at the same time, but depending on the content, choose one or the other without changing resolution configuration at sources.
For example:
- Watching films (either 2K, 4K) at the Projector at 4K HDR
- Listening music (Bluray 2K with menus) using only the TV

CONNECTION:
Sources -> AVR HDMI Inputs -> AVR HDMI Out 1 -> VERTEX2 RX0
VERTEX2 TX0 -> Projector (4K HDR)
VERTEX2 TX1 -> TV (1080p)

CONFIGURATION 1:
I started with default EDID 11 for Vertex2 INPUT 0 to give AVR the maximum EDID available for video and audio and then configure the SCALER to downscale to HD on TX1
Is this correct or appropriate?
PROBLEM:
All is working well during Oppo menus navigation: Projector receive 4K from TX0 and TV display correctly HD from TX1. BUT, as soon as I start a Bluray the HDMI handshake begins (I would like to avoid it… how?) and The Bluray menu correctly appears on Projector upscaled to 4K, but the TV screen goes blank with No signal message. I see a signal on the Vertex2 display of downscaled 1080p 444 8b, or similar, compatible with TV EDID, but no image on TV, it seems dead.
I have changed SCALER from Autoscale to Custom and changing all settings for the downscale TX1 to reduce to 1080p 420 8b without success.

CONFIGURATION 2:
I change Vertex2 EDID to AUTOMIX (Max Audio, Max Video). ¿Is it better? Why?
Something starts to work properly but not all combinations of playing media or alternating from TV to Projector work. As always, in some cases the downscaled output TX1 to 1080p does not work and after the repetitive HDMI Handshakes the TV goes blank with no signal. Sometimes, going back to Oppo Menu recover TV display, sometimes Not and it is necessary to manually force again another HDMI handshake by changing any Vertex2 setting or powering Off/On the TV.
I Cannot see what downscaled TX1 signal is not good for the TV, as I have tested all setings down to BT790 420 8b and it works well, but when navigating from Oppo Menu to playing Bluray content menu I got a HDMI handshake and TV goes blank. (Projector at TX0 always display OK).

CONFIGURATION 3:
I change Vertex2 AUTOMIX (TX1 Output Priority).
NOW it works. I can navigate from Oppo Menu to Bluray Menu and both displays are working: Projector at 4K upscaled, and TV downscaled to 1080p, because Oppo display the HD bluray already upscaled to 4K.
PROBLEM:
But after many tests with different media content I finally end somehow with the TV display Blank.

I have also changed to AUTOMIX (TX0 Output Priority), not sure why. Some of the failed playing content combinations now work well and some other failed again and I end with the TV screen blank with no signal.

I have also changed some HDMI cables and the HDMI input of the TV. All is working well without the Vertex2, but when I connect the Vertex2 I have that kind of problem.


Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.
Ok, a few things:


- Use the FW I sent via Private Message. (flashing that will also revert setting to default, which is good thing, since I don't know which fw you had before, for security, make a HARD RESET from webserver > config after update)
- DO NOT USE CUSTOM SCALING unless you know EXACLTY what you are doing, some timing you described above just do not exist, so no wonder it cannot work, use default AUTOSCALING > AUTOSENSE (that will be default after FW and hard reset anyway)
- Once you have done that, try again, if problem EXPORT CONFIG when you have issue. (no need to write too much, just config export is enough and faster to give you solution, it's made for that !)
- Make sure cables from AVR to Vertex2 and from Vertex2 to PJ are, if copper, min 6ft, max12ft, from brand Kabledirekt, bluejeanscables or our cables. If you have any other type of cable, please give brand, model and length.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #523 of 1926 Old 11-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Member
 
jespermart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Before and After please if you can, but any of them should be enough.
Also, please try to HARD RESET unit after you update from 0.29 to latest. (CONFIG > FACTORY RESET)


if no go, I can send you special fw to try.
I have the same problem Loosing sync with the latest firmwares. The last firmware I can use without loosing sync are the 0.33
jespermart is offline  
post #524 of 1926 Old 11-22-2019, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jespermart View Post
I have the same problem Loosing sync with the latest firmwares. The last firmware I can use without loosing sync are the 0.33
See your PM.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #525 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 09:07 AM
Member
 
AYanguas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok, a few things:


- Use the FW I sent via Private Message. (flashing that will also revert setting to default, which is good thing, since I don't know which fw you had before, for security, make a HARD RESET from webserver > config after update)
- DO NOT USE CUSTOM SCALING unless you know EXACLTY what you are doing, some timing you described above just do not exist, so no wonder it cannot work, use default AUTOSCALING > AUTOSENSE (that will be default after FW and hard reset anyway)
- Once you have done that, try again, if problem EXPORT CONFIG when you have issue. (no need to write too much, just config export is enough and faster to give you solution, it's made for that !)
- Make sure cables from AVR to Vertex2 and from Vertex2 to PJ are, if copper, min 6ft, max12ft, from brand Kabledirekt, bluejeanscables or our cables. If you have any other type of cable, please give brand, model and length.
Problems that I reported initially were using FW: 0.37
I have installed now the FW you provided me: VERTEX2-0.37-1015-0.0-111119.bin

HDMI Cable from AVR to Vertex2 RX0: AmazonBasics Copper 0.9m
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
HDMI Cable from Vertex2 TX0 to Projector: Aztebe Fiber 10m
https://www.amazon.es/ATZEBE-Cable-H...1-2-spell&th=1
HDMI Cable from Vertex2 TX1 to TV: Aztebe Fiber 5m
https://www.amazon.es/ATZEBE-Cable-H...1-2-spell&th=1

In the attached ZIP file you will find exported Vertex2 configs before and after the problem, for each of the first three tests. Fourth Test I didnt do any export. (I thought you have to read so much...
Before, I’m at the Oppo Menu file navigation and all is OK. After I play a BD, hdmi handshake, the Projector works well but the TV goes blank. Stopping the BD, another hdmi handshake and return to the Oppo Menu OK in the Projector but the TV continue Blank. TV Off/On is required to recover TV display from TX1.

TEST 1 :
All Vertex2 settings by Default, after new FW and RESET. Problem Occurs

TEST 2 :
I change EDIT to AUTOMIX (Max Audio, Max Video). Problem Occurs

TEST 3 :
I change EDIT to AUTOMIX (TX1 Output Priority). NOW It Works
BUT the projector receives 1080p instead of 4K (not good)

TEST 4 :
I Uncheck SCALER TX0 no upscaling. NOW PJ receives 4K from TX0 and all works
BUT the input EDID RX0 offered to Sources remain in 1080p and other Sources (Movistar Deco, FTV4K) complain that cannot see a 4K HDR HDCP 2.2 display and output only 1080p at Auto setting. I could force Sources Output to 4K and see what happen, but for the moment there are enough Tests.

OK, on last test it works but If I want the source to transmit at 4K I cannot. I have to change configurations again and/or remove the Vertex2.

Is there any better configuration? My goal is to be able to switch from different sources to different displays (PJ or TV) without having to change resolution settings at sources and having 4K from sources always that will go to Projector TX0 and to the TV TX1 downscaled to 1080P

Also, It would be good to find a configuration that does not generate so many hdmi handshakes from navigating from player menu to executing media files. In other previous post it seems others talk about this.

Many thanks again for your great support!
Attached Files
File Type: zip VERTEX2-CONFIG-23_11_2019.zip (14.9 KB, 3 views)

AVR: Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
DPY: Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C / TV LG C9
Ply:: Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203 / Fire Stick 4K
SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
Oth: HDFury Vertex2
AYanguas is offline  
post #526 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
Problems that I reported initially were using FW: 0.37
I have installed now the FW you provided me: VERTEX2-0.37-1015-0.0-111119.bin

HDMI Cable from AVR to Vertex2 RX0: AmazonBasics Copper 0.9m
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
HDMI Cable from Vertex2 TX0 to Projector: Aztebe Fiber 10m
https://www.amazon.es/ATZEBE-Cable-H...1-2-spell&th=1
HDMI Cable from Vertex2 TX1 to TV: Aztebe Fiber 5m
https://www.amazon.es/ATZEBE-Cable-H...1-2-spell&th=1

In the attached ZIP file you will find exported Vertex2 configs before and after the problem, for each of the first three tests. Fourth Test I didnt do any export. (I thought you have to read so much...
Before, I’m at the Oppo Menu file navigation and all is OK. After I play a BD, hdmi handshake, the Projector works well but the TV goes blank. Stopping the BD, another hdmi handshake and return to the Oppo Menu OK in the Projector but the TV continue Blank. TV Off/On is required to recover TV display from TX1.

TEST 1 :
All Vertex2 settings by Default, after new FW and RESET. Problem Occurs

TEST 2 :
I change EDIT to AUTOMIX (Max Audio, Max Video). Problem Occurs

TEST 3 :
I change EDIT to AUTOMIX (TX1 Output Priority). NOW It Works
BUT the projector receives 1080p instead of 4K (not good)

TEST 4 :
I Uncheck SCALER TX0 no upscaling. NOW PJ receives 4K from TX0 and all works
BUT the input EDID RX0 offered to Sources remain in 1080p and other Sources (Movistar Deco, FTV4K) complain that cannot see a 4K HDR HDCP 2.2 display and output only 1080p at Auto setting. I could force Sources Output to 4K and see what happen, but for the moment there are enough Tests.

OK, on last test it works but If I want the source to transmit at 4K I cannot. I have to change configurations again and/or remove the Vertex2.

Is there any better configuration? My goal is to be able to switch from different sources to different displays (PJ or TV) without having to change resolution settings at sources and having 4K from sources always that will go to Projector TX0 and to the TV TX1 downscaled to 1080P

Also, It would be good to find a configuration that does not generate so many hdmi handshakes from navigating from player menu to executing media files. In other previous post it seems others talk about this.

Many thanks again for your great support!


If you have AVR before Vertex2, then there is nothing to do for any handshake, it's all based on AVR behavior before it reach Vertex2; so may be you should consider putting AVR at Vertex2 Audio Out if you want improvement on that.

Everything reported looks like cable issue, but it's a bit scary because you have issue starting at 300MHz, normally issue are at 600MHz/18Gbps.


You should use Kabledirekt, bluejeans cables or our cables for copper, min 6ft/ max 12ft.
for Fiber, best is celerity tek, very expensive, otherwise Moshou have good reviews and affordable cost.


EDIT: checked your cable reviews, and yes you should replace them (just read the 1 star review, too many failing for just 4K60 HDR which is 371 MHz)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-23-2019 at 09:28 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #527 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 03:05 PM
Member
 
AYanguas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you have AVR before Vertex2, then there is nothing to do for any handshake, it's all based on AVR behavior before it reach Vertex2; so may be you should consider putting AVR at Vertex2 Audio Out if you want improvement on that.

Everything reported looks like cable issue, but it's a bit scary because you have issue starting at 300MHz, normally issue are at 600MHz/18Gbps.


You should use Kabledirekt, bluejeans cables or our cables for copper, min 6ft/ max 12ft.
for Fiber, best is celerity tek, very expensive, otherwise Moshou have good reviews and affordable cost.


EDIT: checked your cable reviews, and yes you should replace them (just read the 1 star review, too many failing for just 4K60 HDR which is 371 MHz)
I have been using the fiber cables since the beginning of the installation for several months without any problem. Without the Vertex2 there are no problems at all for max resolutions 4K60P.

The max resolution/speed goes to the Projector and that display is always working well with the Vertex2.

The problem occurs with the TV when changing TX1 output from " 1080P59.940 444 BT709 12b 223MHz " (Oppo Menu) to " 1080P23.976 444 BT709 12b 111MHz " (BD Menu). I.e. Changing to a lower fps speed.

The problem occurs with CUSTOM and AUTOMIX (Max Audio Max Video). But IT WORKS OK with AUTOMIX (TX1 priority) for which the hdmi handshake change may be different.

When I PowerOff the Projector and power recycle the Vertex2 (while beeing in the BD Menu with TV no signal) then the new HDMI handshake recover the TV but in this case I see another EDID coming from the TV " 1080P23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz "

This make me think that when Vertex2 is working as splitter with both sinks ON, the "Old" Phillips TV does not handle correctly some of the HDMI handshake changes correctly. What do you think?

AVR: Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
DPY: Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C / TV LG C9
Ply:: Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203 / Fire Stick 4K
SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
Oth: HDFury Vertex2
AYanguas is offline  
post #528 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
chhanthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Dear all,

May I know whether Vertex2 can custom the output metadata (edit MaxFALL MaxCLL) without computer connected to?

Thank you.

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
Panasonic DP-UB9000EBK, Shield TV Pro 2019, Zidoo Z9S, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, LG HU70LA, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1
chhanthony is offline  
post #529 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
I have been using the fiber cables since the beginning of the installation for several months without any problem. Without the Vertex2 there are no problems at all for max resolutions 4K60P.

The max resolution/speed goes to the Projector and that display is always working well with the Vertex2.

The problem occurs with the TV when changing TX1 output from " 1080P59.940 444 BT709 12b 223MHz " (Oppo Menu) to " 1080P23.976 444 BT709 12b 111MHz " (BD Menu). I.e. Changing to a lower fps speed.

The problem occurs with CUSTOM and AUTOMIX (Max Audio Max Video). But IT WORKS OK with AUTOMIX (TX1 priority) for which the hdmi handshake change may be different.

When I PowerOff the Projector and power recycle the Vertex2 (while beeing in the BD Menu with TV no signal) then the new HDMI handshake recover the TV but in this case I see another EDID coming from the TV " 1080P23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz "

This make me think that when Vertex2 is working as splitter with both sinks ON, the "Old" Phillips TV does not handle correctly some of the HDMI handshake changes correctly. What do you think?

About cables:
- You can do as you want, when you add our device in any system you need AT LEAST one more HDMI cable, so the fact that cables worked before means not much until at least that extra one is tested.
- 4K60 can be 300MHz at min and 600MHz at max, normally no cable have issue for anything lower than 600MHz, but given the reviews posted for your cables, then I have to tell you that you should consider changing them, because even they will work for what you want to do now, they won't work for 600MHz/18Gbps. It is quite simple to test cable, take a source where you have a full control of output signal and connect it straight to the display and use that setup to control each cable one by one. that is a minimum to do in any 4K setup that have issue. Source MUST send 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444 8b, nothing else is relevant for cable testing, this is actually why you see some review of people saying, "the cable works great for 4K60 HDR", while most of the time 4K60 HDR is 375 MHz and problem start around 600MHz for most cables. Anyway this is all general recommendation for OPTIMAL results means for true 18Gbps support ,which you might not need but I have to tell you about.




About the issue:
- By checking your config I noticed that the one you report working use 1080p 422 12b and those failing use 1080p 444 12b. So please set the unit in Custom Scaling mode and set the option as per the picture in attachment. then see if it helps. (if that works you can try replacing 422 by RGB to see if it still works as you wrote above that you once saw that going thru)


about those last two sentences below:
Quote:
When I PowerOff the Projector and power recycle the Vertex2 (while beeing in the BD Menu with TV no signal) then the new HDMI handshake recover the TV but in this case I see another EDID coming from the TV " 1080P23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz "

This make me think that when Vertex2 is working as splitter with both sinks ON, the "Old" Phillips TV does not handle correctly some of the HDMI handshake changes correctly. What do you think?

For clarity, EDID is a file that is present on any HDMI input, it list what the input support in terms of audio/video format.
"1080p23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz" is the signal description (it's the current signal traveling from source to display)


TX1 is set to copy TX0 in your config, so yes you are in splitter mode. but that's not the issue here. I guess the issue is that your TV prolly does not support everything, so some low timing might fail on it that's why if you just copy it's edid, it works, because those low signal bandwidth are then excluded. similarly I suppose that if you set Automix Algo to MIN VIDEO, it would work as well.


Anyway, just try the custom scaling option as I wrote it, this should give some hints and then give me the exact BRAND/MODEL of both PJ and TV so I can check their usermanual and based on your results we will check the TV EDID timing listed and that should shed some light on the issue.


If you have time, try an older firmware 0.33 or 0.34 just to make sure it does not come from last firmware as we are working on some issues currently that did not exist before 0.35 version. (do that at last test, first check custom scaling)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customscaling.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	2644864  

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #530 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 07:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Dear all,

May I know whether Vertex2 can custom the output metadata (edit MaxFALL MaxCLL) without computer connected to?

Thank you.
Yes, either continuously or by replacing incoming metadata with the one of your choice, but in all cases, you always need to connect at least once to the webserver to turn that option ON, once it is activated, then you do not need to connect anymore (of course you can do that via IR/IP/RS232 as well)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #531 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
@HDfury

I want to know more about the cable testing you were just describing. You said to try to send 4K 60hz 444 8bit.... Where do I find content like that ? I have Billy Lynn's 4K UHD that is 60hz HDR, would that be suitable to test my cables with ? Do you have a link you could send us to any other material that can help us saturate the 600mhz limit ? Thx.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #532 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
@HDfury

I want to know more about the cable testing you were just describing. You said to try to send 4K 60hz 444 8bit.... Where do I find content like that ? I have Billy Lynn's 4K UHD that is 60hz HDR, would that be suitable to test my cables with ? Do you have a link you could send us to any other material that can help us saturate the 600mhz limit ? Thx.
You don't need any special material but all that depends on your source, if you have NVidia shield you can set menu in 4K60 444 8b
if you have Vertex2, you can use custom scaling to force 4K60 444 8b or 4K60 422 12b
For this go in webserver > scaler > custom scaling > TX0 > 4K60 set CS to 444 or RGB and color depth to 8b and then play any 4K60 content at input, output will be 600MHz, if no picture on 600MHz TV, then cable is no good.
You can verify input and output signal and frequency is shown on OLED/OSD and Webserver, you must see "593MHz" which we call rounded up "600MHz" which equal to 18Gbps.


10.2Gbps > 300MHz > HDMI1.4, some early HDMI2.0
18Gbps > 600MHz > HDMI 2.x, except some early HDMI2.0
48Gbps > 1500MHz > HDMI 2.1, only some hardware will support 1500MHz, other will use compression, that's more news the industry have to tell you about, our upcoming one is full 1500MHz, no BS compression
AYanguas likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-23-2019 at 08:16 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #533 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
 
chhanthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Can I do it via my Android phone?

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
Panasonic DP-UB9000EBK, Shield TV Pro 2019, Zidoo Z9S, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, LG HU70LA, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1
chhanthony is offline  
post #534 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Can I do it via my Android phone?

You can do it on any web browser based devices as long as it's on the same network !


So you can do it with your Android phone, if Wifi is connected to same network/router where Vertex2 is also connected.


Similarly you can do it with any iOS/Android/others phones/tablets, any Win/Mac/Lin/others computers... device just need to have browser and be on same network, ex: you can try from a TV browser, it also works..

You can also set port forwarding in your router for Vertex2 and then you can access it from any device on earth who have internet access


Typical use case for average people:
- You have ISP cable box or fiber set top box, they come with Wifi access and usually 4 RJ45 Ethernet connector on their back.
- Vertex2 connect with cable to one of the RJ45 port of that box (which is the "router" in your setup)
- Android phone connect via Wifi to same box
- Vertex2 show up IP addy on OLED/OSD
- Open Chrome or browsing app in Android phone and type in the Vertex2 IP
- Webserver opens and you can do configuration.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-23-2019 at 08:26 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #535 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
@HDfury

I want to know more about the cable testing you were just describing. You said to try to send 4K 60hz 444 8bit.... Where do I find content like that ? I have Billy Lynn's 4K UHD that is 60hz HDR, would that be suitable to test my cables with ? Do you have a link you could send us to any other material that can help us saturate the 600mhz limit ? Thx.
You don't need any special material but all that depends on your source, if you have NVidia shield you can set menu in 4K60 444 8b
if you have Vertex2, you can use custom scaling to force 4K60 444 8b or 4K60 422 12b
For this go in webserver > scaler > custom scaling > TX0 > 4K60 set CS to 444 or RGB and color depth to 8b and then play any 4K60 content at input, output will be 600MHz, if no picture on 600MHz TV, then cable is no good.
You can verify input and output signal and frequency is shown on OLED/OSD and Webserver, you must see "593MHz" which we call rounded up "600MHz" which equal to 18Gbps.


10.2Gbps > 300MHz > HDMI1.4, some early HDMI2.0
18Gbps > 600MHz > HDMI 2.x, except some early HDMI2.0
48Gbps > 1500MHz > HDMI 2.1, only some hardware will support 1500MHz, other will use compression, that's more news the industry have to tell you about, our upcoming one is full 1500MHz, no BS compression [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
I have a Roku ultra and a ub820, I'm guessing one of those will let me force the settings you described ? I have a bunch of cables I want to get tested

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #536 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
I have a Roku ultra and a ub820, I'm guessing one of those will let me force the settings you described ? I have a bunch of cables I want to get tested
If you have Vertex2 then any 4K60 source will allow you to force 593MHz (aka 600MHz) on the output signal to test your cable.


You can do it even with any 1080p60 sources but then you need set the TX0 > 1080p60 line as well in custom scaling and not just the 4K60 as I described above.


You can also do that with TX1 output port, by editing it exactly like TX0

Make sure you always play 1080p60 or 4K60 at input because those are the only two you can upscale to 593MHz.
1080p24/25/30 or 4K24/25/30 can only go up to 445MHz which is supported by most cables. The only 600MHz timing for 4K24/25/30 is 4K24 444 16b but very few displays will support this, I would not even recommend to try sending it, this is why custom scaling is reserved to advanced users that know what they are doing, because if you set something wrong, then you end up with blackscreen and in your case you could blame the cable so start using the best cable you have, make sure it works fine by checking input/output timing, you should see 593MHz at output and picture on TV, and then replace by another, etc... sometime cable issue manifest not immediately, so when testing cable, consider a few mins AT LEAST.
AYanguas likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-23-2019 at 08:52 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #537 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Senior Member
 
chhanthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Do I need set it everytime or once I set the custom HDR metadata it will permanent?

Thank you!

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
Panasonic DP-UB9000EBK, Shield TV Pro 2019, Zidoo Z9S, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, LG HU70LA, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1
chhanthony is offline  
post #538 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes, either continuously or by replacing incoming metadata with the one of your choice, but in all cases, you always need to connect at least once to the webserver to turn that option ON, once it is activated, then you do not need to connect anymore (of course you can do that via IR/IP/RS232 as well)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Do I need set it everytime or once I set the custom HDR metadata it will permanent?

Thank you!
Answer above in bold.
Yes, once set it is Permanent.

I hope you realize that you did not mention what you want to do exactly.


May be you want to inject custom HDR always for calibration, content creation, etc...
May be you want to replace metadata value by another when incoming signal is HDR but not force HDR when content is not HDR, etc..
May be you want to something else ?

I just answered because we can do all that, but you never specifically mentioned what you want to do exactly.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-23-2019 at 08:47 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #539 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
chhanthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Thank you, just placed my order.
HDfury likes this.

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
Panasonic DP-UB9000EBK, Shield TV Pro 2019, Zidoo Z9S, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, LG HU70LA, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1
chhanthony is offline  
post #540 of 1926 Old 11-23-2019, 09:33 PM
Member
 
Lush78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Ordered a vertex2 earlier today when I received the black Friday email. I've never ordered something so fast when seen the 100 order limit. Can't wait to join the game. The customer support given was also my reason for ordering and this should be the perfect solution for my bedroom setup.
HDfury likes this.
Lush78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off