HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 382Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 2193 Old 11-23-2019, 09:47 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 122
My vertex 2 is on the way, I ordered one from Amazon a day before the black Friday sale... 😞
HDfury likes this.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 2193 Old 11-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
chhanthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 140
I just want replace the HDR source metadata.

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
Panasonic DP-UB9000EBK, Shield TV Pro 2019, Zidoo Z9S, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, LG HU70LA, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1

Last edited by chhanthony; 11-23-2019 at 10:45 PM.
chhanthony is offline  
post #543 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 06:16 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New owner and encountering several issues. My first and most important question does regard input/source auto-detection/switching:


Until now I've used a very simple 3in 1out hdmi-switch (plus splitter for 2 sinks).

The switch (only) auto-detects the active source which is then displayed. It does even recognize a newly powered on device and switches to its signal automatically. (I have CEC diabled because of unwanted side effects.) Works fine.

When I bought the Vertex2 I understood that it may work this way too, because it has 2 options: autoswitch inputs (detect device) and autoswitch priority (automatic override). But I might be mistaken or just do it wrong.

Actually the vertex does recognize my sources: mainly Panasonic BDT-700, Skybox (Pace), Toshiba XE1 (HD-DVD) and 3 others
and my sinks: Samsung UHD-TV (JS9090) and Benq W1070 projector.

Inputs are not switched automatically, AI/AP on or off - don't matter. I have to use the set inputs button to switch manually. All sources go to both sinks, so e.g. I have the skybox in In1 and set it to get the signal with TX0 and TX1. Works well, even simultaneously.
But when I power off the skybox and switch on, say, the Panasonic BDT in IN2, the OLED says "IN1 no signal" and doesn't look for IN2. So have to cycle the input button to IN2 to see the signal.

Does autoswitch inputs as I'm used to even work? Does it name a different thing?

FW is 0.35, reset and powercycling done.

Thank you.
Volker Berndt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #544 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 06:51 AM
Member
 
AYanguas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
About cables:
- You can do as you want, when you add our device in any system you need AT LEAST one more HDMI cable, so the fact that cables worked before means not much until at least that extra one is tested.
- 4K60 can be 300MHz at min and 600MHz at max, normally no cable have issue for anything lower than 600MHz, but given the reviews posted for your cables, then I have to tell you that you should consider changing them, because even they will work for what you want to do now, they won't work for 600MHz/18Gbps. It is quite simple to test cable, take a source where you have a full control of output signal and connect it straight to the display and use that setup to control each cable one by one. that is a minimum to do in any 4K setup that have issue. Source MUST send 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444 8b, nothing else is relevant for cable testing, this is actually why you see some review of people saying, "the cable works great for 4K60 HDR", while most of the time 4K60 HDR is 375 MHz and problem start around 600MHz for most cables. Anyway this is all general recommendation for OPTIMAL results means for true 18Gbps support ,which you might not need but I have to tell you about.




About the issue:
- By checking your config I noticed that the one you report working use 1080p 422 12b and those failing use 1080p 444 12b. So please set the unit in Custom Scaling mode and set the option as per the picture in attachment. then see if it helps. (if that works you can try replacing 422 by RGB to see if it still works as you wrote above that you once saw that going thru)


about those last two sentences below:



For clarity, EDID is a file that is present on any HDMI input, it list what the input support in terms of audio/video format.
"1080p23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz" is the signal description (it's the current signal traveling from source to display)


TX1 is set to copy TX0 in your config, so yes you are in splitter mode. but that's not the issue here. I guess the issue is that your TV prolly does not support everything, so some low timing might fail on it that's why if you just copy it's edid, it works, because those low signal bandwidth are then excluded. similarly I suppose that if you set Automix Algo to MIN VIDEO, it would work as well.


Anyway, just try the custom scaling option as I wrote it, this should give some hints and then give me the exact BRAND/MODEL of both PJ and TV so I can check their usermanual and based on your results we will check the TV EDID timing listed and that should shed some light on the issue.


If you have time, try an older firmware 0.33 or 0.34 just to make sure it does not come from last firmware as we are working on some issues currently that did not exist before 0.35 version. (do that at last test, first check custom scaling)
Projector: Optoma UHZ65 (4K)
TV: Philips 42PFL7695H / 12 (1080p)

I configured the SCALER CUSTOM as per your instructions, but it seems to me that Vertex2 is not working as intended.

When only one display is powered ON (either PJ or TV) all is working well.

But with the two displays powered on I get the following:

Export: “TV ON - PJ ON - 21 - Oppo Menu.txt”
I get “1080P59.940 444 BT709 8b 148MHz” signal going to the TV while navigating through the Oppo menu, and all is working well.
Then I play a BD, HDMI handshake, PJ works well, but TV goes Blank.
The Export is: “TV ON - PJ ON - 22 - BD Menu.txt”
Now the signal going to TV is: “1080P23.976 444 BT709 12b 111MHz”.

Custom Scaling as per GUI, don’t seem to work (444 CS signal instead of 422). Also I get confused when I see on Export: "tx1scale4k30downscale": "off" Is that right? or should be "on" ?

Then…
Surprisingly I Play a MKV test file 4K60 downloaded from Youtube and the TV recovers and plays well after the hdmi handshake.
Export file: “TV ON - PJ ON - 31 - Playing MKV 4K60P OK BOTH.txt”
Now, the signal TX1 to TV has changed to: “1080P59.940 444 BT709 8b 148MHz “

So my thoughts, as far as I understand, are:
- Vertex2 is not working well for Custom Scaling regarding the forced downscale TX1 to CS 422
- My TV does not handle well, for any reason, the change to 23.976fps 444, but should not be related to cable quality as it works well with other higher speeds signals.

I will check later with older firmwares 0.33 or 0.34, when I have time, unless you instruct me to do otherwise.

Many thanks for your great support!

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
Could the TV problem be related to HDCP? No idea really about HDCP, but some days ago when I started with the first tests I got continuous hdmi handshakes on the Projector (each minute or so). I then see on the Vertex2 OLED display that the Signal to TV said: “HDCP Error….” or the like. After Power recycling the Vertex2 this anomaly didn’t occur anymore. Perhaps was caused by powering Off the TV during the tests in a bad moment of time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TESTS 2 Vertex2 0.37.zip (7.3 KB, 4 views)

AVR: Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
DPY: Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C / TV LG C9
Ply:: Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203 / Fire Stick 4K
SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
Oth: HDFury Vertex2
AYanguas is offline  
post #545 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
Projector: Optoma UHZ65 (4K)
TV: Philips 42PFL7695H / 12 (1080p)

I configured the SCALER CUSTOM as per your instructions, but it seems to me that Vertex2 is not working as intended.

When only one display is powered ON (either PJ or TV) all is working well.

But with the two displays powered on I get the following:

Export: “TV ON - PJ ON - 21 - Oppo Menu.txt”
I get “1080P59.940 444 BT709 8b 148MHz” signal going to the TV while navigating through the Oppo menu, and all is working well.
Then I play a BD, HDMI handshake, PJ works well, but TV goes Blank.
The Export is: “TV ON - PJ ON - 22 - BD Menu.txt”
Now the signal going to TV is: “1080P23.976 444 BT709 12b 111MHz”.

Custom Scaling as per GUI, don’t seem to work (444 CS signal instead of 422). Also I get confused when I see on Export: "tx1scale4k30downscale": "off" Is that right? or should be "on" ?

Then…
Surprisingly I Play a MKV test file 4K60 downloaded from Youtube and the TV recovers and plays well after the hdmi handshake.
Export file: “TV ON - PJ ON - 31 - Playing MKV 4K60P OK BOTH.txt”
Now, the signal TX1 to TV has changed to: “1080P59.940 444 BT709 8b 148MHz “

So my thoughts, as far as I understand, are:
- Vertex2 is not working well for Custom Scaling regarding the forced downscale TX1 to CS 422
- My TV does not handle well, for any reason, the change to 23.976fps 444, but should not be related to cable quality as it works well with other higher speeds signals.

I will check later with older firmwares 0.33 or 0.34, when I have time, unless you instruct me to do otherwise.

Many thanks for your great support!

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
Could the TV problem be related to HDCP? No idea really about HDCP, but some days ago when I started with the first tests I got continuous hdmi handshakes on the Projector (each minute or so). I then see on the Vertex2 OLED display that the Signal to TV said: “HDCP Error….” or the like. After Power recycling the Vertex2 this anomaly didn’t occur anymore. Perhaps was caused by powering Off the TV during the tests in a bad moment of time.

I guess I found the issue, I think your display support deep color only at 1080p60 but not at 1080p24/25/30.
So to verify my theory see picture below, and make sure the TX1 parameters are exactly as on this picture and then try again.
If that works we will put another AUTOSCALING OPTION for TX1 Dropdown selector for that [1080p30 8b] on next update, so no need to use custom scaling anymore once that is available.


To answer some questions you asked above:


- There is some operations not possible to do, for example downscale to 422 is not possible (and also useless most of the time, because we talking about FHD signal at the end and they all support 4:4:4), but pass thru is, so when an option selected is dependent of another parameters (for ex, colorspace/chroma dependent of pass thru or downscale) you might see your setting over written when needed, if you had set no downscale (aka pass thru), then you will see the 422 at output. so that's normal, no issue here.


- Do not try to interpret config export much, there is plenty of things that come from older routines and some that are here for upcoming routines, usually config export is something we look at


- Issue is not and cannot be HDCP related if you are using the FW I sent by email, which is the case from your config export, so you won't see such thing anymore as long as you run that firmware.






EDIT: Been reading your Philips TV usermanual, it seems HDMI input 1 differs from all others, so if you have been using HDMI1, try an other input, if you have been using another input, try HDMI input 1. see if results differ. If not, it is a design restriction and only above solution would then work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customscaling-1080p30-8b.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	2644974  

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-24-2019 at 10:43 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #546 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volker Berndt View Post
New owner and encountering several issues. My first and most important question does regard input/source auto-detection/switching:


Until now I've used a very simple 3in 1out hdmi-switch (plus splitter for 2 sinks).

The switch (only) auto-detects the active source which is then displayed. It does even recognize a newly powered on device and switches to its signal automatically. (I have CEC diabled because of unwanted side effects.) Works fine.

When I bought the Vertex2 I understood that it may work this way too, because it has 2 options: autoswitch inputs (detect device) and autoswitch priority (automatic override). But I might be mistaken or just do it wrong.

Actually the vertex does recognize my sources: mainly Panasonic BDT-700, Skybox (Pace), Toshiba XE1 (HD-DVD) and 3 others
and my sinks: Samsung UHD-TV (JS9090) and Benq W1070 projector.

Inputs are not switched automatically, AI/AP on or off - don't matter. I have to use the set inputs button to switch manually. All sources go to both sinks, so e.g. I have the skybox in In1 and set it to get the signal with TX0 and TX1. Works well, even simultaneously.
But when I power off the skybox and switch on, say, the Panasonic BDT in IN2, the OLED says "IN1 no signal" and doesn't look for IN2. So have to cycle the input button to IN2 to see the signal.

Does autoswitch inputs as I'm used to even work? Does it name a different thing?

FW is 0.35, reset and powercycling done.

Thank you.

Please send config export if below does not solve your issue.


AUTOSWITCH will switch to any active source when current active source is turned OFF.
INPUT PRIORITY will switch to any source as soon as it is powered on (even if current is still active)
For this to work, you need TX1 to copy TX0, otherwise you are in matrix mode, and there is no switching possible there, because how do we know which input you want on which output ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-24-2019 at 08:17 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #547 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Member
 
jespermart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
See your PM.
Problem solved with the firmware you sent me😊
HDfury likes this.
jespermart is offline  
post #548 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by jespermart View Post
Problem solved with the firmware you sent me😊
Ok, good ! thanx for the feedback.

If you don't mind for my own records, can you tell me brand of device at outputs and if any AVR at input ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #549 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
AUTOSWITCH will switch to any active source when current active source is turned OFF.
INPUT PRIORITY will switch to any source as soon as it is powered on (even if current is still active)
For this to work, you need TX1 to copy TX0, otherwise you are in matrix mode, and there is no switching possible there, because how do we know which input you want on which output ?
Thank you, this is what I hoped for (read not only some but most of the post in this thread now) and was about to post. I've worked on it for some time now and after several resets and powercycles I was successful.

My solution: Default setting as I get it is Autoswitch OFF and Input Priority ON. Now I must not switch on Autoswitch on the device, it shows "ON" then, but doesn't work. I have to toggle it via the web interface. Sounds if sth is faulty here with either my device or my judging, but at least I have it up and running for the moment.
Thanks again!
Volker Berndt is offline  
post #550 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volker Berndt View Post
Thank you, this is what I hoped for (read not only some but most of the post in this thread now) and was about to post. I've worked on it for some time now and after several resets and powercycles I was successful.

My solution: Default setting as I get it is Autoswitch OFF and Input Priority ON. Now I must not switch on Autoswitch on the device, it shows "ON" then, but doesn't work. I have to toggle it via the web interface. Sounds if sth is faulty here with either my device or my judging, but at least I have it up and running for the moment.
Thanks again!
I think I know what confused you here, here it is: if for example, currently you have a source ON but selected input is another source which is not ON, so if you move to autoswitch ON, you expect unit to switch to the active source but this is not happening.
> that is normal, this is because the settings you are making, changing from autoswitch OFF to ON, need an event first before it works, so after you set Autoswitch ON, just power OFF and power ON the source again and it will work, from there, once it have worked, it will work forever.
Said otherwise: the settings you made will be taken into account on the next event and not for the current situation. Not sure if I'm explaining this well thus


If it's not clear, let me know i'll try to explain better.


Basically changes made here, cannot correct or fix a current situation, it will fix any next event only. So if you have unit on wrong input and expect unit to switch to active input, it won't do that once AUTOSWITCH is changed to ON, but it will do that after Autoswitch is ON for any next event that require it.so in that case, turn power OFF/ON again on source and it will work, or disconnect/reconnect HDMI from that source and it will work for any next event.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-24-2019 at 02:22 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #551 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 122
@HDfury

The constant EDID feature of the Vertex 2... Will it work in conjunction with an AVR or does it have to be a straight shot to the display ?

Example 1: source > AVR > Vertex 2 > display

Example 2: source > Vertex 2 > AVR > display

Example 3: source > Vertex 2 > display

Example 4: source > Vertex 2 > display > eArc audio back to AVR

Will all of these scenarios result in the constant EDID helping to eliminate HDMI handshake issues ?

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #552 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
@HDfury

The constant EDID feature of the Vertex 2... Will it work in conjunction with an AVR or does it have to be a straight shot to the display ?

Example 1: source > AVR > Vertex 2 > display

Example 2: source > Vertex 2 > AVR > display

Example 3: source > Vertex 2 > display

Example 4: source > Vertex 2 > display > eArc audio back to AVR

Will all of these scenarios result in the constant EDID helping to eliminate HDMI handshake issues ?

You cannot answer such question like this, handshake issue can be edid issue or hdcp issue (if its not cable issue). it can happen between source and avr or between avr and display, so you cannot determine in advance where to place the device.
However you can be sure that the closest to the source will resolve most HDCP issue, EDID issue could be either before or after avr, all that needs to be tested, there is not any firm answer. the only thing I know is that it will fix your issue

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #553 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Ok cool, so in general though having the Vertex closest to the display is the best choice ?

I have the HDMI cables that you personally recommended to me a few months ago that have cleared up almost all of my handshake problems, there's just a couple hiccups I'm trying to get rid of.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #554 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Ok cool, so in general though having the Vertex closest to the display is the best choice ?

I have the HDMI cables that you personally recommended to me a few months ago that have cleared up almost all of my handshake problems, there's just a couple hiccups I'm trying to get rid of.
Closest to the source is best if there is hdcp issue, at source output or avr output cannot be determined in advance if there is EDID issue.
However, since I have yet to understand your issue, may be if you describe the issue you are having or if you record a short clip of it, then may be I can shed you more light in advance.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #555 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Oh closest to the source, ok, I will explain better once my vertex 2 gets here and I can play with it.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #556 of 2193 Old 11-24-2019, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Arrow Vertex2 FW 0.38

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.



######### What's new on FW0.38 #########

1. Added 1080p30 autoscale 8b preset


2. Added new config-page setting "sony android TV fix" (Setting is OFF by default, if you have Sony Android TV in your setup, you might want to turn it ON after update)


Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_38.zip






Note on this update:


First, this is a late sunday night update ... Long story short: Sony Android TV fix (a way to solve Sony Android TV issue in standby, documented here: https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/43 ) that we introduced starting from FW0.26 till FW0.34 was behind, or at least we think so currently, what other equipment owners reported as "blackscreen at startup" issue. So we removed such fix starting from FW0.35 and since then Sony Android TV owners had their issues coming back (as it can be read on last couple of pages from this thread).
So in order to allow Sony Android TV owners that have such issue to continue to benefit from latest firmware improvements, we decided to provide them with a solution via an optional toggle in config section.
Now we are interested in getting feedback from Sony TV owners that had issue with FW starting from 0.35, if they can update to 0.38, activate that special option and let us know if they meet any problems.
AYanguas likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #557 of 2193 Old 11-25-2019, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
mombasa123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush78 View Post
Ordered a vertex2 earlier today when I received the black Friday email. I've never ordered something so fast when seen the 100 order limit. Can't wait to join the game. The customer support given was also my reason for ordering and this should be the perfect solution for my bedroom setup.
Same lol - mine is arriving tmrw by DHL. Will replace my EGreat H10 splitter which is actually pretty decent (and beautifully built). I don't actually need the Vertex 2 as the EGreat works very well but just could not resist - especially cuz the OLED screen will show me all sorts of HDR metadata …. geek …...
mombasa123 is offline  
post #558 of 2193 Old 11-25-2019, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sofakng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
"blackscreen at startup" issue.
Does this "blackscreen" issue require that the Vertex2 is rebooted to fix the blackscreen?

I'm still having issues where something is causing the HDMI to stop working on the Vertex2 and it must be rebooted. The web interface continues to work, but no video is output from any input/output combination.

I've tried all the firmware except for this one from last night
sofakng is offline  
post #559 of 2193 Old 11-25-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Does this "blackscreen" issue require that the Vertex2 is rebooted to fix the blackscreen?

I'm still having issues where something is causing the HDMI to stop working on the Vertex2 and it must be rebooted. The web interface continues to work, but no video is output from any input/output combination.

I've tried all the firmware except for this one from last night
People started reporting such issue as you describe it starting from introduction of Android TV fix, cleared since 0.35 as wrote above and now that option for android TV is optional.


For your setup, please include description and brand/model of everything at output and provide config export when you have the issue since you said you have access to web interface.


If you tried all firmwares as you wrote it above, make sure to HARD RESET unit from time to time (webserver > config > clear to factory defaults), especially when you go from much older to latest or from newer to older.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-25-2019 at 07:51 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #560 of 2193 Old 11-25-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DMILANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 23
When can we expect the build that adds JVC macro based on input being LLDV?

Thanks
DMILANI is offline  
post #561 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 01:49 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Said otherwise: the settings you made will be taken into account on the next event and not for the current situation. Not sure if I'm explaining this well thus


If it's not clear, let me know i'll try to explain better.
Oh. I don't think that's necessary, thank you.

Powering on/off sources after a change would be the first thought to get it going. And because I have already used a device capable of autoswitch and new input priority (as written above), there wasn't even a thought needed.

That being hinted at - you're doing one of the best jobs in customer service I've ever seen, highly appreciated.
Volker Berndt is offline  
post #562 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 02:04 AM
Senior Member
 
mombasa123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
I tested it and the Vertex 2 actually seems to upscale better than the Samsung Q90R. The Q90R results in lots of Chroma Upsampling Errors whereas the Vertex 2 looks smooth (no jagged lines).
Thanks. I have a 65Q9FN and was going to ask the same question. How did you test btw?
mombasa123 is offline  
post #563 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 03:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Maconi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasa123 View Post
Thanks. I have a 65Q9FN and was going to ask the same question. How did you test btw?
I used the Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark Blu-Ray. Although when I went back and tested it a few more times, I couldn't see a difference in either HDR or SDR anymore. I tried turning scaling on/off on the Vertex but couldn't see a difference after that, not sure what changed. Someone else would have to test at this point.
Maconi is online now  
post #564 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMILANI View Post
When can we expect the build that adds JVC macro based on input being LLDV?

Thanks


You are referring to Claw suggestion he posted a while back or something else ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #565 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DMILANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yes Claw suggestion.
DMILANI is offline  
post #566 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMILANI View Post
Yes Claw suggestion.


Prolly on next update then.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #567 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Member
 
AYanguas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
I guess I found the issue, I think your display support deep color only at 1080p60 but not at 1080p24/25/30.
So to verify my theory see picture below, and make sure the TX1 parameters are exactly as on this picture and then try again.
If that works we will put another AUTOSCALING OPTION for TX1 Dropdown selector for that [1080p30 8b] on next update, so no need to use custom scaling anymore once that is available.


To answer some questions you asked above:


- There is some operations not possible to do, for example downscale to 422 is not possible (and also useless most of the time, because we talking about FHD signal at the end and they all support 4:4:4), but pass thru is, so when an option selected is dependent of another parameters (for ex, colorspace/chroma dependent of pass thru or downscale) you might see your setting over written when needed, if you had set no downscale (aka pass thru), then you will see the 422 at output. so that's normal, no issue here.


- Do not try to interpret config export much, there is plenty of things that come from older routines and some that are here for upcoming routines, usually config export is something we look at


- Issue is not and cannot be HDCP related if you are using the FW I sent by email, which is the case from your config export, so you won't see such thing anymore as long as you run that firmware.






EDIT: Been reading your Philips TV usermanual, it seems HDMI input 1 differs from all others, so if you have been using HDMI1, try an other input, if you have been using another input, try HDMI input 1. see if results differ. If not, it is a design restriction and only above solution would then work.
Projector: Optoma UHZ65 (4K)
TV: Philips 42PFL7695H / 12 (1080p)

I have done some extensive tests and you are OK. It starts to Work this way.

BUT I have found another minor problem: With the Custom Scaler options to downscale TX1 to 24fps 8b, it works as follows:

With only TV powered ON, it works OK. Nothing new. Export: “TV ON - PJ OFF - BD Menu - OK.txt”

With both displays Powered ON, Now IT WORKS, but I get some screen blackouts on TV, of approx. 1 second, every minute or so. It does not seem hdmi handshake, as Projector remains stable and no visual change on Vertex LED screen. It seems just that, a periodic (each minute or so) 1 second screen blackout on TV that always appear again.
This abnormal behaviour persist on TV, even after powering OFF the Projector. It also persists by changing some inputs on AVR. That abnormal behaviour only disappears by powering off/on the Vertex2 while keeping Projector OFF.
Export on this situation: “TV ON - PJ ON - BD Menu - OK But with periodic TV black screen.txt”

It seems that when Vertex2 is running in Split mode, having to do Scaler for both displays with different resolutions, something different is sent to the TV that the TV does not process well like if it were a video buffer runout (to say something).

PD. I will check later with the new firmware 0.38 with the new Autoscale preset and also will do tests with different hdmi inputs on TV. Will let you know
Attached Files
File Type: zip TEST 0.37 - TV OK but with Blackouts.zip (4.6 KB, 4 views)

AVR: Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
DPY: Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C / TV LG C9
Ply:: Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203 / Fire Stick 4K
SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
Oth: HDFury Vertex2
AYanguas is offline  
post #568 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
Projector: Optoma UHZ65 (4K)
TV: Philips 42PFL7695H / 12 (1080p)

I have done some extensive tests and you are OK. It starts to Work this way.

BUT I have found another minor problem: With the Custom Scaler options to downscale TX1 to 24fps 8b, it works as follows:

With only TV powered ON, it works OK. Nothing new. Export: “TV ON - PJ OFF - BD Menu - OK.txt”

With both displays Powered ON, Now IT WORKS, but I get some screen blackouts on TV, of approx. 1 second, every minute or so. It does not seem hdmi handshake, as Projector remains stable and no visual change on Vertex LED screen. It seems just that, a periodic (each minute or so) 1 second screen blackout on TV that always appear again.
This abnormal behaviour persist on TV, even after powering OFF the Projector. It also persists by changing some inputs on AVR. That abnormal behaviour only disappears by powering off/on the Vertex2 while keeping Projector OFF.
Export on this situation: “TV ON - PJ ON - BD Menu - OK But with periodic TV black screen.txt”

It seems that when Vertex2 is running in Split mode, having to do Scaler for both displays with different resolutions, something different is sent to the TV that the TV does not process well like if it were a video buffer runout (to say something).

PD. I will check later with the new firmware 0.38 with the new Autoscale preset and also will do tests with different hdmi inputs on TV. Will let you know


Ok try new firmware with AUTOSCALING and set the 4K30 drop down selector to 1080p 8b in Web > scaler > autoscaling (use the FW version I sent via PM), you can leave other to default AUTOSENSE.
If issue still persists try below 4 tests and see if any of them fix it:


- MUTE SOUND GOING TO TX1 from CONFIG PAGE, see if it fix it.
- TURN ON SONY ANDROID FIX, see if it fix it. (on config page as well)
- Try Custom EDID mode instead of Automix
- Connect OPPO203 directly to DIVA input (bypass AVR for test purpose)

IF none of the above help for the issue, you can revert back to default value and yes please compare hehavior between TV input 1 and other inputs, as from the TV usermanual input 1 and all others differ.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-26-2019 at 09:05 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #569 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
annisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Got my fury today, I was able to get full 600mhz on all of my devices with no flickering or drops etc. (It read 594mhx or something) which I think is normal. This means all my HDMI cables are good yes ?

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
annisman is offline  
post #570 of 2193 Old 11-26-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,990
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5672 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Got my fury today, I was able to get full 600mhz on all of my devices with no flickering or drops etc. (It read 594mhx or something) which I think is normal. This means all my HDMI cables are good yes ?
Yes 594MHz = 600MHz/18Gbps, if you can play such signal for some time without issues, then your cables are ok. (or at least any cable that transmit such signal is ok)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off