HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 164Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #571 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volker Berndt View Post
That being hinted at - you're doing one of the best jobs in customer service I've ever seen, highly appreciated.
100% agreed...HDFury's Tech Support is unmatched in most industries! I love and use my Vertex 2 quite often, and I sing its praises every chance I get...I continue to be amazed how well it's made and how stable the product is.

It's been said before, but this product is worth repeating it: HDFury has done an outstanding job on the Vertex 2, full 5 stars all around!
HDfury likes this.
no_cure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.



######### What's new on FW0.38 #########

1. Added 1080p30 autoscale 8b preset


2. Added new config-page setting "sony android TV fix" (Setting is OFF by default, if you have Sony Android TV in your setup, you might want to turn it ON after update)


Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_38.zip






Note on this update:


First, this is a late sunday night update ... Long story short: Sony Android TV fix (a way to solve Sony Android TV issue in standby, documented here: https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/43 ) that we introduced starting from FW0.26 till FW0.34 was behind, or at least we think so currently, what other equipment owners reported as "blackscreen at startup" issue. So we removed such fix starting from FW0.35 and since then Sony Android TV owners had their issues coming back (as it can be read on last couple of pages from this thread).
So in order to allow Sony Android TV owners that have such issue to continue to benefit from latest firmware improvements, we decided to provide them with a solution via an optional toggle in config section.
Now we are interested in getting feedback from Sony TV owners that had issue with FW starting from 0.35, if they can update to 0.38, activate that special option and let us know if they meet any problems.
I have a Sony 940E and will download this FW tonight and will report.

FYI, I have used most FW updates that you released since Vertex 2 came out in July, and I've never experienced complete black screen, only temporarily upon stopping/playing a title via ATV4k.
no_cure is offline  
post #573 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Question on using the latest Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark to calibrate and tweak my video settings on my Sony 940E.

I have only 2 UHD sources, an ATV4k and a Cambridge Audio CXUHD disc spinner.

Does it matter if I calibrate with the Vertex 2 in the video chain or not? I believe my scaling settings are 'auto', but I can't recall at the moment...
no_cure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #574 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
Question on using the latest Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark to calibrate and tweak my video settings on my Sony 940E.

I have only 2 UHD sources, an ATV4k and a Cambridge Audio CXUHD disc spinner.

Does it matter if I calibrate with the Vertex 2 in the video chain or not? I believe my scaling settings are 'auto', but I can't recall at the moment...


Does not matter, it is fully transparent if display is 18Gbps, no operation done unless needed by display restrictions.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #575 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
I have a Sony 940E and will download this FW tonight and will report.

FYI, I have used most FW updates that you released since Vertex 2 came out in July, and I've never experienced complete black screen, only temporarily upon stopping/playing a title via ATV4k.
May be you have only one display at output ? that would explain why you haven't yet seen such issue with firmware that had android fix on it.

It's important to note that not all Sony Android TV have stand by issue, we have a few in lab and they do not manifest the issue.
When you read the owners complains, they hate the extra power consumption it is using "for nothing" and they only have watching issue when their setup include an AVR that have another display connected to it, when they try to watch it, the sony android tv in standby would wake up time to time and create resync in the chain, making use of the other display nearly impossible for a complete movie. So the Sony fix address exactly this behavior when there is at least 2 outputs.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #576 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Does not matter, it is fully transparent if display is 18Gbps, no operation done unless needed by display restrictions.
Thanks HDFury! My TV panel is capable of displaying 600MHz/18Gps signals, never had any issues in that regard.
no_cure is offline  
post #577 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
May be you have only one display at output ? that would explain why you haven't yet seen such issue with firmware that had android fix on it.

It's important to note that not all Sony Android TV have stand by issue, we have a few in lab and they do not manifest the issue.
When you read the owners complains, they hate the extra power consumption it is using "for nothing" and they only have watching issue when their setup include an AVR that have another display connected to it, when they try to watch it, the sony android tv in standby would wake up time to time and create resync in the chain, making use of the other display nearly impossible for a complete movie. So the Sony fix address exactly this behavior when there is at least 2 outputs.
Hmm, makes sense as I only have one monitor at the display output. My setup is pretty generic:

- 2 x UHD/HDR/DV sources: ATV4k + CA CXUHD
- 1 audio out: Krell EV707 pre/pro
- 1 TV monitor out: Sony XBRX940E

Just downloaded the FW 0.38 and works without a problem in my setup. Even after hard reset all settings, the only parameter I change is "automix EDID", select Max Video/Audio, Full Audio Flag, and check the Force DV LLDV. Nothing else - works every time I update the FW.
no_cure is offline  
post #578 of 1005 Old 11-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
mombasa123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
I used the Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark Blu-Ray. Although when I went back and tested it a few more times, I couldn't see a difference in either HDR or SDR anymore. I tried turning scaling on/off on the Vertex but couldn't see a difference after that, not sure what changed. Someone else would have to test at this point.
Thanks. I have the S&M disk too and will give it a try when i get a chance.
mombasa123 is offline  
post #579 of 1005 Old 11-27-2019, 12:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
Hmm, makes sense as I only have one monitor at the display output. My setup is pretty generic:

- 2 x UHD/HDR/DV sources: ATV4k + CA CXUHD
- 1 audio out: Krell EV707 pre/pro
- 1 TV monitor out: Sony XBRX940E

Just downloaded the FW 0.38 and works without a problem in my setup. Even after hard reset all settings, the only parameter I change is "automix EDID", select Max Video/Audio, Full Audio Flag, and check the Force DV LLDV. Nothing else - works every time I update the FW.


Yes no problem in your case, the day you add another display then may be you need to use android tv fix, not sure thus, depends if you have issue when sony tv is in standby or not.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #580 of 1005 Old 11-27-2019, 02:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi

You should be able to se my setup in my signature.

What I'm trying is, in Automix to set the correct Audio flag to send to my ATV4K.

What I see when I set the Audio flag to 5.1 is that
when the ATV4K play 5.1 source - Vertex 2 reports 5.1 and 24 bit fine, but
when the ATV4K play 7.1 source - Vertex 2 reports 7.1 and 24 bit and not 5.1

Is this because of a limitation in the ATV4K or ?
(The Meridian HD621 is set to receive 6 channels in PCM, and is playing both sources fine)

ATV4K HDR > HDFURY Vertex 2 > LG OLED65E6
HDFURY Vertex 2 > Meridian HD621 (5.1 96/24)
FW: 0.39
jorndalgardlarsen is offline  
post #581 of 1005 Old 11-27-2019, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorndalgardlarsen View Post
Hi

You should be able to se my setup in my signature.

What I'm trying is, in Automix to set the correct Audio flag to send to my ATV4K.

What I see when I set the Audio flag to 5.1 is that
when the ATV4K play 5.1 source - Vertex 2 reports 5.1 and 24 bit fine, but
when the ATV4K play 7.1 source - Vertex 2 reports 7.1 and 24 bit and not 5.1

Is this because of a limitation in the ATV4K or ?
(The Meridian HD621 is set to receive 6 channels in PCM, and is playing both sources fine)
We probably need more information as to your setup, such as is your setup consisting of only 5.1 speakers?

Regardless, Vertex 2 doesn't manipulate sound in any way, and it just displays what audio signal it's receiving. If your AVR is setup with 5.1, it should be smart enough to direct sound to only 5 speakers + LFE, regardless of the received signal.

I have a similar setup as you: ATV4k as source and a 5.2 system. On some Netflix or Amazon Prime shows, ATV4k sends 7.1 signal and Vertex 2 consequently shows 7.1; but my Krell EV707 pre/pro correctly sends audio to 5 speakers + 2x LFEs (processor's display shows PCM 5.1).

Also, my recommendation is to send the BEST audio signal despite number of speaker limitations in your HT, so in my setup I also use Automix EDID (max audio/max video) but select FULL audio, not 5.1. Not sure if your Meridian AVR can decode Dolby MAT 2.0 that ATV4k sends, you'll want the FULL AUDIO flag checked.
no_cure is offline  
post #582 of 1005 Old 11-27-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorndalgardlarsen View Post
Hi

You should be able to se my setup in my signature.

What I'm trying is, in Automix to set the correct Audio flag to send to my ATV4K.

What I see when I set the Audio flag to 5.1 is that
when the ATV4K play 5.1 source - Vertex 2 reports 5.1 and 24 bit fine, but
when the ATV4K play 7.1 source - Vertex 2 reports 7.1 and 24 bit and not 5.1

Is this because of a limitation in the ATV4K or ?
(The Meridian HD621 is set to receive 6 channels in PCM, and is playing both sources fine)

No this is because in fact, technically 5.1 allow up to 7.1, should be handled fine by any AVR (as wrote above), just as it seems handled fine from what you wrote, if you have AVR at AUDIO OUT, then you might prefer to use AUDIO OUT flag.
If your setup is different, please describe setup or add config export.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #583 of 1005 Old 11-27-2019, 10:41 PM
Senior Member
 
mombasa123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Ok, first impressions :

Vertex 2 is quite cool looking and very solidly built - nice bit of engineering. But, it's rather geeky looking too and doesn't look like a consumer product with the various ports on both sided with cables sticking out of them

My EGreat H10 is much more consumer orientated and nicer looking with all wiring at the back and the front with some lovely push button switches. Of course, it does not have as much connectivity & functionality as the Vertex but looks so much cooler. Great build too from solid machined aluminium.

Suggestion for Vertex 3 - follow the EGreat look and stick all the ports on the back and push button switches at the front

Pic of Egreat attached - its even better looking in real life - doesn't have the white branding in v2- now its embossed in black. The aluminium trim & button switched are stunning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EGreat H10.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2646580  
mombasa123 is offline  
post #584 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 08:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No this is because in fact, technically 5.1 allow up to 7.1, should be handled fine by any AVR (as wrote above), just as it seems handled fine from what you wrote, if you have AVR at AUDIO OUT, then you might prefer to use AUDIO OUT flag.
If your setup is different, please describe setup or add config export.
I have added a picture that shows what my Panasonic DMP9000 delivers through the HDMI, when connected directly to my Meridian HD621. It is 5.1 PCM 96/24 from a soundtrack on the movie that is 7.1

I have now made to test for you, with a source on Netflix delivering 7.1, when using my ATV4K connected to the Vertex2 RX0, my TV to TX0 and HD621 to AUD. One test with the audio flag set to 5.1 and another one with the audio flag set to AUDIO OUT.
In both test I have saved the config and the EDID for TX0, RX0 and AUD.

Maybe you can see what is going on with the audio from the ATV4K?
When the audio flag is set AUDIO OUT I'm only getting 2 channels i PCM, not 7.1 and not 5.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0589.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	715.4 KB
ID:	2646758  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Audio flag AUDIO OUT.zip (3.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip Audio flag 5.1.zip (3.0 KB, 3 views)

ATV4K HDR > HDFURY Vertex 2 > LG OLED65E6
HDFURY Vertex 2 > Meridian HD621 (5.1 96/24)
FW: 0.39
jorndalgardlarsen is offline  
post #585 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Custom EDID names

Wondered if it's possible to have file names associated with Custom EDIDs?

So for example:

10 - Custom Default EDID #10 would become

10 - Custom Default EDID [filename]

to fall in line with those that come prepopulated and overwrite those as needed...

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex² | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #586 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorndalgardlarsen View Post
I have added a picture that shows what my Panasonic DMP9000 delivers through the HDMI, when connected directly to my Meridian HD621. It is 5.1 PCM 96/24 from a soundtrack on the movie that is 7.1

I have now made to test for you, with a source on Netflix delivering 7.1, when using my ATV4K connected to the Vertex2 RX0, my TV to TX0 and HD621 to AUD. One test with the audio flag set to 5.1 and another one with the audio flag set to AUDIO OUT.
In both test I have saved the config and the EDID for TX0, RX0 and AUD.

Maybe you can see what is going on with the audio from the ATV4K?
When the audio flag is set AUDIO OUT I'm only getting 2 channels i PCM, not 7.1 and not 5.1
According to the config you sent, you have nothing connected at AUDIO OUT, so in such case, for sure, it will end up STEREO.


If your AVR is connected to your TV, then may be it get sound back via ARC, cause here technically, it's like AVR is not on the right input(ARC mode ?) or not on or not connected.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #587 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Wondered if it's possible to have file names associated with Custom EDIDs?

So for example:

10 - Custom Default EDID #10 would become

10 - Custom Default EDID [filename]

to fall in line with those that come prepopulated and overwrite those as needed...


Yes requested already and will happen at some time, just solving issues in order of priority first.
markswift2003 likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #588 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasa123 View Post
Ok, first impressions :

Vertex 2 is quite cool looking and very solidly built - nice bit of engineering. But, it's rather geeky looking too and doesn't look like a consumer product with the various ports on both sided with cables sticking out of them

My EGreat H10 is much more consumer orientated and nicer looking with all wiring at the back and the front with some lovely push button switches. Of course, it does not have as much connectivity & functionality as the Vertex but looks so much cooler. Great build too from solid machined aluminium.

Suggestion for Vertex 3 - follow the EGreat look and stick all the ports on the back and push button switches at the front

Pic of Egreat attached - its even better looking in real life - doesn't have the white branding in v2- now its embossed in black. The aluminium trim & button switched are stunning.
We follow nobody we just improve each time based on previous experience.


It's good you like that design, personally I have seen many similar design so many times that I'm not convinced, but that's just me.


In all cases, you cannot really compare those 2 devices, there is 3 HDMI port on the device you mention, nothing else, we have 7 HDMI, 1 RJ45, 5 Jack.. so If you just imagine how big and large would be a design that have all those I/O on one side, no one would like to pay for its shipping cost. Actually that egreat is exactly same purpose and feature than our AVR-Key, which is way smaller.


And lastly, we always use golden ratio in all our designs., so you will more likely never see a "box" from us.
mombasa123 likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-28-2019 at 11:13 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #589 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Senior Member
 
mombasa123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post

In all cases, you cannot really compare those 2 devices, there is 3 HDMI port on the device you mention, nothing else, we have 7 HDMI, 1 RJ45, 5 Jack.. so If you just imagine how big and large would be a design that have all those I/O on one side, no one would like to pay for its shipping cost. Actually that egreat is exactly same purpose and feature than our AVR-Key, which is way smaller.
Totally - was just hoping for engineering magic from you guys so that the front would be plain and just contain cool switches like a nicely engineered minimalistic amplifier

Yes, i bought the Egreat instead of the AVRKey as it was cheaper and looked a lot nicer. Works v well actually - just that i fancied a Vertex 2 with all the added functionality & features.

Cheers
mombasa123 is offline  
post #590 of 1005 Old 11-28-2019, 11:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
According to the config you sent, you have nothing connected at AUDIO OUT, so in such case, for sure, it will end up STEREO.


If your AVR is connected to your TV, then may be it get sound back via ARC, cause here technically, it's like AVR is not on the right input(ARC mode ?) or not on or not connected.
Then the issue maybe is, that the Vertex2 cannot read the HDMI from my Meridian HD621 (HDMI 1.3) connected to Vertex2 HDMI Audio Out?
And that's why it's working when forcing 5.1 via Audio Flag in Automix

If this is the case, is there anyway to make a correct custom EDID from my Meridian HD621?

ATV4K HDR > HDFURY Vertex 2 > LG OLED65E6
HDFURY Vertex 2 > Meridian HD621 (5.1 96/24)
FW: 0.39
jorndalgardlarsen is offline  
post #591 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frank Derks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Region A,B,C
Posts: 2,491
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Just got the Vertex2 and so far no big issues. (replacing Vertex and Integral combo. Integral was used to split signal between projector and audio processor )
Reprogramming my iRule setup to work with the Vertex2 and so far most of it is working already.


While doing this I found some issues.


Small bugs:
Issuing ser or ip command GET STATUS RX1 (while connect device is on or off) returns the RX0 info string
GET STATUS RX2 and GET STATUS RX3 appear to return nothing at all.


Web interface on tab OSD:
Input box osd mask level doesn't accept 0 as input.


Software design issue.
Ser commands must start with #vertex2 but IP commands must be send without that tag.
This is a total PITA because I have to maintain two command sets in iRule.
Please change this so that commands over IP work with or without the #vertex2 tag.


A request.
If no active inputs are present the audout port outputs a 32kHz audio stream. Can this be set to 48kHz? Or even better send nothing out of the AUD OUT port.
Reason for this is that the connected nanoAVR doesn't like 32kHz. It cracks and pops over it's digital output.


Question.
What is the signal from the optional output? Serial or an on off voltage level?

Stereo is simply Multichannel light.
Frank Derks is offline  
post #592 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frank Derks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Region A,B,C
Posts: 2,491
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Vertex2 FW0.31
This update is mandatory in case of issue only.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.


#######> What's new/fixed in 0.31

1. Added mute timing option on Audio Out for equipment that takes time to switch their internal decoder when switching between bitstream/LPCM


2. Added Matrix mode copy sink options under Automix, once activated it will simply copy each output EDID to the input when in Matrix mode



Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_31.zip
Where do I find the mute timing option? (fw 0.38)
It's not in the web interface. Are there Ser/Ip commands for this?

Stereo is simply Multichannel light.
Frank Derks is offline  
post #593 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Derks View Post
Where do I find the mute timing option? (fw 0.38)
It's not in the web interface. Are there Ser/Ip commands for this?
Removed because it created other issue in other setup.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #594 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorndalgardlarsen View Post
Then the issue maybe is, that the Vertex2 cannot read the HDMI from my Meridian HD621 (HDMI 1.3) connected to Vertex2 HDMI Audio Out?
And that's why it's working when forcing 5.1 via Audio Flag in Automix

If this is the case, is there anyway to make a correct custom EDID from my Meridian HD621?
Well I don't see any reason for your AVR to not be detected if it's connected, for ex, connect it at TX0 or TX1 and export config and add it to your reply. At least we can check its edid this way.


Is your AVR output going to your TV? if yes, did you try to remove that cable ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #595 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Derks View Post
Just got the Vertex2 and so far no big issues. (replacing Vertex and Integral combo. Integral was used to split signal between projector and audio processor )
Reprogramming my iRule setup to work with the Vertex2 and so far most of it is working already.


While doing this I found some issues.


Small bugs:
Issuing ser or ip command GET STATUS RX1 (while connect device is on or off) returns the RX0 info string
GET STATUS RX2 and GET STATUS RX3 appear to return nothing at all.


Web interface on tab OSD:
Input box osd mask level doesn't accept 0 as input.


Software design issue.
Ser commands must start with #vertex2 but IP commands must be send without that tag.
This is a total PITA because I have to maintain two command sets in iRule.
Please change this so that commands over IP work with or without the #vertex2 tag.


A request.
If no active inputs are present the audout port outputs a 32kHz audio stream. Can this be set to 48kHz? Or even better send nothing out of the AUD OUT port.
Reason for this is that the connected nanoAVR doesn't like 32kHz. It cracks and pops over it's digital output.


Question.
What is the signal from the optional output? Serial or an on off voltage level?

Hi Frank,


Nice to see you on Vertex2 now


Will talk to devs and get you replies.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #596 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Member
 
AYanguas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok try new firmware with AUTOSCALING and set the 4K30 drop down selector to 1080p 8b in Web > scaler > autoscaling (use the FW version I sent via PM), you can leave other to default AUTOSENSE.
If issue still persists try below 4 tests and see if any of them fix it:


- MUTE SOUND GOING TO TX1 from CONFIG PAGE, see if it fix it.
- TURN ON SONY ANDROID FIX, see if it fix it. (on config page as well)
- Try Custom EDID mode instead of Automix
- Connect OPPO203 directly to DIVA input (bypass AVR for test purpose)

IF none of the above help for the issue, you can revert back to default value and yes please compare hehavior between TV input 1 and other inputs, as from the TV usermanual input 1 and all others differ.
I have tried with FW 0.38 you sent me via PM. And the results are the same.

Tested with Automix (Max video, max audio) and Autoscaling 4K30-> 1080p 8b

Mute Sound going to TX1. Same results.

Turn On Sony Android Fix. Same results. With this option the hdmi handshake is quicker. Normally, the hdmi sync seems to occur twice. PJ screen normally says:
"Searching…No Source found…Searching… Source Found".
With Sony option checked, it is quicker just "Searching...Source found" and this way I don’t lose the first seconds of the Intro before the BD menu. But results are the same or even worse, because successive tests going from 60p to 24p have let the TV with No Signal.

With Custom EDID (11). It does not Work. TV No Signal.

Also connecting the Oppo directly to Vertex2 RX0, without using the AVR, same results.

All this have been with HDMI input 1 (ARC) on TV. Repeating all tests with HDMI input 2 on TV give the same results.

In summary:

TV only works OK when Vertex2 is NOT doing downscaling on TX1. This is achieved starting all equipment except the PJ from OFF, or recovering a TV no signal, by rebooting the Vertex2 keeping the Projector on TX0 powered Off. This way Automix present RX0 with 1080p RGB and the Oppo (with setting Video Output on Auto) gives always an hdmi signal 1080p.
This way the TV works OK for long time without any blackouts with following signals, depending on content:

1080P59.940 RGB L 12b 223MHz
1080P23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz
1080P23.976 422 BT709 12b 74MHz
1080P23.976 444 BT709 12b 111MHz

Note that we have here 12b and it works.

But when Vertex2 is doing TX1 downscaling something different must come in the HDMI signal that makes TV work bad. In this case, always TX0 Projector working properly, the TV only works receiving TX1 following signals:

1080P23.976 444 BT709 8b 74MHz, But with periodic Blackouts
1080P23.976 RGB BT2020 8b 74MHz, But with periodic Blackouts
1080P23.976 444 BT2020 8b 74MHz, But with periodic Blackouts

For me, all this is fine for the moment, as I only need one of the displays (either TV or PJ). When switching from one to the other, I know now that I have to “restart” the devices in that way, to avoid Vertex2 TX1 downscaling. Then all works as intended without having to change configurations on equipment, just doing a particular starting sequence.

No doubt that the TV Philips 42PFL7695H / 12 that has some hdmi glitches, but if you are willing to investigate anymore, my guess is that there is a difference on TX1 signal when doing downscaling from RX0 (4K) that when passing directly the 1080p from RX0. And TV doesn’t like that difference.

Many thanks, again, for you great support!

Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C
Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203
Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 / Ambiente Center / Master M5 / Access AC
B&W CCM 683
AYanguas is offline  
post #597 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 03:40 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,404
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2008 Post(s)
Liked: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasa123 View Post
Totally - was just hoping for engineering magic from you guys so that the front would be plain and just contain cool switches like a nicely engineered minimalistic amplifier

Yes, i bought the Egreat instead of the AVRKey as it was cheaper and looked a lot nicer. Works v well actually - just that i fancied a Vertex 2 with all the added functionality & features.

Cheers
I’d be willing to bet that very few people are looking at their HDFury devices once installed. I’m far more interested in the fantastic level of support HDFury provides rather than a nice looking case, though IMHO the new HDFury design is pretty sharp looking anyway.
Mike__P likes this.
gsr is online now  
post #598 of 1005 Old 11-29-2019, 06:53 PM
Oppo Beta Group
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,282
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2052 Post(s)
Liked: 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
I’d be willing to bet that very few people are looking at their HDFury devices once installed. I’m far more interested in the fantastic level of support HDFury provides rather than a nice looking case, though IMHO the new HDFury design is pretty sharp looking anyway.
It looks fine but cannot be placed on a shelf since there are connectors on both ends. I placed in on the ground in back of my credenza.
A unit with all connections on the back would be a bit easier to integrate.

- Rich
mombasa123 likes this.

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva RMC-1 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 5 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex2 x 2
RichB is online now  
post #599 of 1005 Old 11-30-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
atabea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,745
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 683
Received my Vertex2 a couple days ago and have a couple questions:

1) Can the Vertex2 be connected to my Network via wifi? So far, I can only access the Menus when I hook up directly to my Modem with RJ45 cable. However, my modem is on another floor and not close to where I intend to hook up the Vertex2. It would not be very convenient if I had to remove the Vertex2 from my system every time I need to make a change.

2) When setting up the Vertex2, HDR/DV tab, whenever I change primaries from DCI P3 to BT2020 it defaults back to DCI P3 whenever I exit the system and return to the menu. Is there a way to make this setting "stick?" All my other entries (such as WP and EOTF) remain in place.
atabea is offline  
post #600 of 1005 Old 11-30-2019, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4857 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
I have tried with FW 0.38 you sent me via PM. And the results are the same.

Tested with Automix (Max video, max audio) and Autoscaling 4K30-> 1080p 8b

Mute Sound going to TX1. Same results.

Turn On Sony Android Fix. Same results. With this option the hdmi handshake is quicker. Normally, the hdmi sync seems to occur twice. PJ screen normally says:
"Searching…No Source found…Searching… Source Found".
With Sony option checked, it is quicker just "Searching...Source found" and this way I don’t lose the first seconds of the Intro before the BD menu. But results are the same or even worse, because successive tests going from 60p to 24p have let the TV with No Signal.

With Custom EDID (11). It does not Work. TV No Signal.

Also connecting the Oppo directly to Vertex2 RX0, without using the AVR, same results.

All this have been with HDMI input 1 (ARC) on TV. Repeating all tests with HDMI input 2 on TV give the same results.

In summary:

TV only works OK when Vertex2 is NOT doing downscaling on TX1. This is achieved starting all equipment except the PJ from OFF, or recovering a TV no signal, by rebooting the Vertex2 keeping the Projector on TX0 powered Off. This way Automix present RX0 with 1080p RGB and the Oppo (with setting Video Output on Auto) gives always an hdmi signal 1080p.
This way the TV works OK for long time without any blackouts with following signals, depending on content:

1080P59.940 RGB L 12b 223MHz
1080P23.976 RGB L 12b 111MHz
1080P23.976 422 BT709 12b 74MHz
1080P23.976 444 BT709 12b 111MHz

Note that we have here 12b and it works.

But when Vertex2 is doing TX1 downscaling something different must come in the HDMI signal that makes TV work bad. In this case, always TX0 Projector working properly, the TV only works receiving TX1 following signals:

1080P23.976 444 BT709 8b 74MHz, But with periodic Blackouts
1080P23.976 RGB BT2020 8b 74MHz, But with periodic Blackouts
1080P23.976 444 BT2020 8b 74MHz, But with periodic Blackouts

For me, all this is fine for the moment, as I only need one of the displays (either TV or PJ). When switching from one to the other, I know now that I have to “restart” the devices in that way, to avoid Vertex2 TX1 downscaling. Then all works as intended without having to change configurations on equipment, just doing a particular starting sequence.

No doubt that the TV Philips 42PFL7695H / 12 that has some hdmi glitches, but if you are willing to investigate anymore, my guess is that there is a difference on TX1 signal when doing downscaling from RX0 (4K) that when passing directly the 1080p from RX0. And TV doesn’t like that difference.

Many thanks, again, for you great support!

Thank you for the detailed post, I need to speak to our devs about that and i'll get back to you asap.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off