HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 98Likes

post #601 of 646 Old 11-30-2019, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
It looks fine but cannot be placed on a shelf since there are connectors on both ends. I placed in on the ground in back of my credenza.
A unit with all connections on the back would be a bit easier to integrate.

- Rich
You have a point, however, I'm a big believer of form follows function. The Vertex 2 is superb on many accounts...sure I would prefer all inputs and outputs on the back, but it just works so well, I have no problem with the current design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 646 Old 11-30-2019, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No this is because in fact, technically 5.1 allow up to 7.1, should be handled fine by any AVR (as wrote above), just as it seems handled fine from what you wrote, if you have AVR at AUDIO OUT, then you might prefer to use AUDIO OUT flag.
If your setup is different, please describe setup or add config export.
@HDfury : So unfortunately, I too seem to have this Audio Out issue since I have a legacy pre/pro

Brief setup description:
- ATV4k audio set to Best Audio and Dolby Atmos/immersive audio flag OFF
- My Krell EV707 is connected to Vertex 2's Audio Out port
Automix EDID - max audio/max video
Audio flag: Audio out

When playing a Netflix title with 5.1 audio, the resulting audio in my setup is L-PCM 48kHz 2.0ch 24bit. If I wish to get L-PCM 5.1 (which is what ATV4k is sending) I need to set the audio flag to either 5.1 or Full Audio.

I've attached the config file of the setup above; would this be an expected result?

Thank you in advance for looking into this!
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-11_30_2019_ATV4k Best Audio_V2 Audio Out Flag.txt (11.6 KB, 7 views)
post #603 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 621 Post(s)
Quoted: 4652 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
@HDfury: So unfortunately, I too seem to have this Audio Out issue since I have a legacy pre/pro

Brief setup description:
- ATV4k audio set to Best Audio and Dolby Atmos/immersive audio flag OFF
- My Krell EV707 is connected to Vertex 2's Audio Out port
Automix EDID - max audio/max video
Audio flag: Audio out

When playing a Netflix title with 5.1 audio, the resulting audio in my setup is L-PCM 48kHz 2.0ch 24bit. If I wish to get L-PCM 5.1 (which is what ATV4k is sending) I need to set the audio flag to either 5.1 or Full Audio.

I've attached the config file of the setup above; would this be an expected result?

Thank you in advance for looking into this!

Checked Krell EV707 useramanual, seems like default output is 480p , design from 2008, so quite old, so I would need more time to check it's EDID specs and see the automix created one to compare as you have DV TV, may be there is not enough space in EDID to combine everything, not sure yet, as I said, need to be checked in more details.

So before I go further into looking at this, is there any issue ? I mean if you use Full Audio or 5.1 and it works, you should be fine no ?

is the output of this Krell connected anywhere ? if yes, try without output connected. especially if it goes to your TV, because old equipment have been proven unable to mix any recent edid capabilities.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Well I don't see any reason for your AVR to not be detected if it's connected, for ex, connect it at TX0 or TX1 and export config and add it to your reply. At least we can check its edid this way.

Is your AVR output going to your TV? if yes, did you try to remove that cable ?
Hi HDfury

First of all, I would like to thanks for the great support you have been giving me here.

I have all time connected my TV to TX0 and my ATV4K to RX0.
Also my sound processor to AUDIO AUT.

Now, as you suggested I have moved the sound processor to the TX1. Running AUTOMIX with the AUDIO FLAGS set to TX1. And guess what, now everything is working perfect.

I have attached my files as they are now, and you can see that the Vertex2 is now seeing my HD621.
I just can’t figure out why it is not also working whit the sound processor connected to AUDIO OUT.
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-1.12.2019.txt (11.6 KB, 3 views)

ATV4K HDR > HDFURY Vertex 2 > LG OLED65E6
HDFURY Vertex 2 > Meridian HD621 (5.1 96/24)
FW: 0.38
post #605 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorndalgardlarsen View Post
Hi HDfury

First of all, I would like to thanks for the great support you have been giving me here.

I have all time connected my TV to TX0 and my ATV4K to RX0.
Also my sound processor to AUDIO AUT.

Now, as you suggested I have moved the sound processor to the TX1. Running AUTOMIX with the AUDIO FLAGS set to TX1. And guess what, now everything is working perfect.

I have attached my files as they are now, and you can see that the Vertex2 is now seeing my HD621.
I just can’t figure out why it is not also working whit the sound processor connected to AUDIO OUT.

Yes weird, if you have time, do that test:
Connect TV to AUDIO OUT and EXPORT config, then post it. so I can see if it detect another device EDID, then we know it is something with older EDID or if it does not work, then more likely we will have to replace your unit.
I just tested here using FW0.38 and various equipment at AUDIO OUT and I can get their EDID without issue, but I don't have older equipment available.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-01-2019 at 11:24 AM.
post #606 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 671
I am cross posting here in the owners' thread and the LLDV spoof for projectors thread as there are more Vertex2 owners hanging out here.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...rojectors.html

I have decided to try this LLDV hack, despite the "red tint" observed by some members: @Dominic Chan and @claw . My Vertex2 arrived a couple days ago and I have since picked up the Sony X800M2 with the ATV 4K to be added soon. I am not familiar with the Vertex2 at all, although I previously owned an Integral a while back. I am therefore seeking some assistance in setting up the Vertex2 to play nice with my other components.

1) Can the Vertex2 be connected to my Network via wifi? So far, I can only access the Menus when I hook up directly to my Modem with RJ45 cable. However, my modem is on another floor and not close to where I intend to hook up the Vertex2. It would not be very convenient if I had to remove the Vertex2 from my system every time I need to make a change.

2) When setting up the Vertex2, HDR/DV tab, whenever I change primaries from DCI P3 to BT2020 it defaults back to DCI P3 whenever I exit that page. Is there a way to make this setting "stick?" All my other entries (such as WP and EOTF) remain in place.

3) I intend to connect 3 devices to the Vertex2: Sony X800M2 player using input 0 for LLDV disc playback. ATV using input 1 for LLDV streaming. Panasonic UB 820 using input 2 for regular playback WITHOUT LLDV (passthrough?). What would be the best output port in this scenario (TX1 or TX0)? Since all devices will be output through the same port, how do I configure the Vertex2 for LLDV with the X800M2 and ATV while keeping the UB820 in THRU (no processing) mode?

I am by-passing my AVR in all cases and going directly to my RS500 projector.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
post #607 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabea View Post
I am cross posting here in the owners' thread and the LLDV spoof for projectors thread as there are more Vertex2 owners hanging out here.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...rojectors.html

I have decided to try this LLDV hack, despite the "red tint" observed by some members: @Dominic Chan and @claw . My Vertex2 arrived a couple days ago and I have since picked up the Sony X800M2 with the ATV 4K to be added soon. I am not familiar with the Vertex2 at all, although I previously owned an Integral a while back. I am therefore seeking some assistance in setting up the Vertex2 to play nice with my other components.

1) Can the Vertex2 be connected to my Network via wifi? So far, I can only access the Menus when I hook up directly to my Modem with RJ45 cable. However, my modem is on another floor and not close to where I intend to hook up the Vertex2. It would not be very convenient if I had to remove the Vertex2 from my system every time I need to make a change.

2) When setting up the Vertex2, HDR/DV tab, whenever I change primaries from DCI P3 to BT2020 it defaults back to DCI P3 whenever I exit that page. Is there a way to make this setting "stick?" All my other entries (such as WP and EOTF) remain in place.

3) I intend to connect 3 devices to the Vertex2: Sony X800M2 player using input 0 for LLDV disc playback. ATV using input 1 for LLDV streaming. Panasonic UB 820 using input 2 for regular playback WITHOUT LLDV (passthrough?). What would be the best output port in this scenario (TX1 or TX0)? Since all devices will be output through the same port, how do I configure the Vertex2 for LLDV with the X800M2 and ATV while keeping the UB820 in THRU (no processing) mode?

I am by-passing my AVR in all cases and going directly to my RS500 projector.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
1. Yes you can get RJ45 to Wifi adapter or if you have a computer you can use RJ45 to USB adapter. (any networking shop will offer such device and they are usually cheap)

2. Not sure I got this right, The Metadata Generator is made to set values, then click "CREATE IF" and that will take the values selected and create a new HDR metadata infoframe, it's normal selector are back to default if you refresh the page, it's just a list/dropdown selector.

3. Just set the right Custom EDID you want for each input port. Then device that you want to output LLDV will output LLDV if you set a LLDV edid, and other not if you set other EDID.
atabea likes this.

post #608 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 671
^^^^^Thank you HDfury!!! I will pick up a RJ45 to USB adapter tomorrow. Appreciate the clarification.

Best regards.
post #609 of 646 Old 12-01-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Derks View Post
Just got the Vertex2 and so far no big issues. (replacing Vertex and Integral combo. Integral was used to split signal between projector and audio processor )
Reprogramming my iRule setup to work with the Vertex2 and so far most of it is working already.

While doing this I found some issues.

1.Small bugs:
Issuing ser or ip command GET STATUS RX1 (while connect device is on or off) returns the RX0 info string
GET STATUS RX2 and GET STATUS RX3 appear to return nothing at all.

2. Web interface on tab OSD:
Input box osd mask level doesn't accept 0 as input.

3. Software design issue.
Ser commands must start with #vertex2 but IP commands must be send without that tag.
This is a total PITA because I have to maintain two command sets in iRule.
Please change this so that commands over IP work with or without the #vertex2 tag.

4. A request.
If no active inputs are present the audout port outputs a 32kHz audio stream. Can this be set to 48kHz? Or even better send nothing out of the AUD OUT port.
Reason for this is that the connected nanoAVR doesn't like 32kHz. It cracks and pops over it's digital output.

Question.
5. What is the signal from the optional output? Serial or an on off voltage level?
Hi Frank

I copy you raw devs answers below, most of the above are not "issues".

1. get status rx0/rx1..
yes only rx0 applies when in splitter mode and rx0/rx1 applies when in matrix mode.
we should probably name them differently but it does work now too.
only active channels are monitored for what they are thats why concept of rx2/rx3 don't exist and are not needed

2. web interface mask level 0 is not supported

3. #vertex2 is needed to flush rs232 buffer and address the device properly.
it is not used in IP because device is already addressed by making the IP connection first (e.g. 192.168.1.100 defines the recipient)

4. about 32khz signal complaint.. yes maybe doable as nothing out, we will check it.

5. not sure what is "optional output" is that the not used aux? if yes there is nothing on it currently
Frank Derks likes this.

post #610 of 646 Old 12-02-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Yes weird, if you have time, do that test:
Connect TV to AUDIO OUT and EXPORT config, then post it. so I can see if it detect another device EDID, then we know it is something with older EDID or if it does not work, then more likely we will have to replace your unit.
I just tested here using FW0.38 and various equipment at AUDIO OUT and I can get their EDID without issue, but I don't have older equipment available.
Hi HDfury

Just made the little test for you with my TV in the AUDIO OUT, and here is the config file.

It looks like it can see the TV.
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-2.12.2019.txt (11.4 KB, 3 views)

post #611 of 646 Old 12-02-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi HDfury

Just made the little test for you with my TV in the AUDIO OUT, and here is the config file.

It looks like it can see the TV.
Ok at least it means unit is good, now why audio out cannot read your AVR EDID when connected... I tried here to put your AVR EDID on one of our unit and we could read it just fine from Audio Out, so it is something else than EDID.
How long is the cable from Audio Out to AVR ? is AVR output connected anywhere ?

If you can try to disconnect AVR from TX1 when it works and connect to AUDIO OUT and then export config again.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-02-2019 at 11:01 AM.
post #612 of 646 Old 12-02-2019, 10:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
@HDfury . What method is used to switch between inputs on the vertex2?

Auto connect or manually?

If manually... If I only gave two input devices, can I configure the vertex2 like the vertex, Matrix Thru and auto connect off, so input zero goes to one output and input one goes to the other output?

If auto connect ... My concern is the ATV4K triggering auto connect as it did on the vertex.

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #613 of 646 Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
@HDfury. What method is used to switch between inputs on the vertex2?

Auto connect or manually?

If manually... If I only gave two input devices, can I configure the vertex2 like the vertex, Matrix Thru and auto connect off, so input zero goes to one output and input one goes to the other output?

If auto connect ... My concern is the ATV4K triggering auto connect as it did on the vertex.
New generation Vertex2/Diva/Maestro have world first TMDS AUTOSWITCH that can AUTOSWITCH ANY SOURCES, including ATV4K, Shield and other that keep sending +5V in standby and that no other switcher can autoswitch.
This is a major feature of new generation, never seen/done at 4K before.

so new generation have no issues autoswitching ATV4K.

AUTOSWITCH is only working in SPLITTER MODE (when same input goes to both outputs), of course you can set it off and use manual switching if you prefer.
In MATRIX mode (2 inputs to 2 outputs) AUTOSWITCH cannot work since we don't know which input you want to which output, so in Matrix mode, source switching is always MANUAL.

So answer to your question is YES.
Bytehoven likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-03-2019 at 06:38 AM.
post #614 of 646 Old 12-03-2019, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
New generation Vertex2/Diva/Maestro have world first TMDS AUTOSWITCH that can AUTOSWITCH ANY SOURCES, including ATV4K, Shield and other that keep sending +5V in standby and that no other switcher can autoswitch.
This is a major feature of new generation, never seen/done at 4K before.

so new generation have no issues autoswitching ATV4K.

AUTOSWITCH is only working in SPLITTER MODE (when same input goes to both outputs), of course you can set it off and use manual switching if you prefer.
In MATRIX mode (2 inputs to 2 outputs) AUTOSWITCH cannot work since we don't know which input you want to which output, so in Matrix mode, source switching is always MANUAL.

So answer to your question is YES.
Thanks... so in Splitter Mode, what actions would/could I take to have the vertex2 switch between the two inputs? Power ON/OFF of the devices?

I am not opposed to using the new AutoSwitch function.

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #615 of 646 Old 12-03-2019, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
Thanks... so in Splitter Mode, what actions would/could I take to have the vertex2 switch between the two inputs? Power ON/OFF of the devices?

I am not opposed to using the new AutoSwitch function.

AUTOSWITCH will switch to any active source once current source in use is turned off
INPUT PRIORITY will switch to any active source as soon as it turns ON even if current active source is still in use.

You can use both separately or at the same time depending the behavior you want.
Bytehoven likes this.

post #616 of 646 Old 12-04-2019, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I got to say the EDID is very confusing!
It seems every manufacture has their own definition of what should be advertised and locked in on.

Is there a chart somewhere to show what is correct for the different video standards?

This is my understanding but yet I have seen all sorts of combination, some good, some OK and some downright bad.

They seem to revolve more around the use of Color bit Depth and Color Sub Sample.
I would not expect Rec.2020 to be used for SDR and yet I have seen it via Vertex2.

For example my TIVO Bolt+ shows 4K59.933 420 BT2020 12b SDR 445MHz 2.2 for a cable channel on Comcast

Can someone knowledgeable help me understand whats right?

I have gleaned the following form researching the subject but seldom see it like this. It seems that each product pushes high than what the video is encoded.

Nearly all current consumer content, whether HDTV Over Cable or Satellite, DVD or BluRay
is created and distributed in the REC.709 color gamut.
Therefore:
Default should be REC.709
This is the default for most viewing:
Color Bit Depth = 8bit
Color Gamut = Rec.709
Color Sub Sample = 4:2:0, 4:2:2 or 4:4:4
Note: 4:4:4 is full RGB requires the most bandwidth & generally not used except for projectors.
Unless:
If the Source is HDR10
The default for most viewing should be:
Color Bit Depth = 10bit
Color Gamut = Rec.2020
Note: 4:4:4 is full RGB requires the most bandwidth & generally not used except for projectors
If the Source is Dolby Vision
Color Bit Depth = 12bit
Color Gamut = Rec.2020
Note: 4:4:4 is full RGB requires the most bandwidth & generally not used except for projectors

Thanks
Rew

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #617 of 646 Old 12-04-2019, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452 View Post
I got to say the EDID is very confusing!
It seems every manufacture has their own definition of what should be advertised and locked in on.

Is there a chart somewhere to show what is correct for the different video standards?

This is my understanding but yet I have seen all sorts of combination, some good, some OK and some downright bad.

They seem to revolve more around the use of Color bit Depth and Color Sub Sample.
I would not expect Rec.2020 to be used for SDR and yet I have seen it via Vertex2.

For example my TIVO Bolt+ shows 4K59.933 420 BT2020 12b SDR 445MHz 2.2 for a cable channel on Comcast

Can someone knowledgeable help me understand whats right?

I have gleaned the following form researching the subject but seldom see it like this. It seems that each product pushes high than what the video is encoded.

Nearly all current consumer content, whether HDTV Over Cable or Satellite, DVD or BluRay
is created and distributed in the REC.709 color gamut.
Therefore:
Default should be REC.709
This is the default for most viewing:
Color Bit Depth = 8bit
Color Gamut = Rec.709
Note: 4:4:4 is full RGB requires the most bandwidth & generally not used except for projectors.
Unless:
If the Source is HDR10
Color Bit Depth = 10bit
Color Gamut = Rec.2020

If the Source is Dolby Vision
Color Bit Depth = 12bit
Color Gamut = Rec.2020

Thanks
Rew

Not sure if EDID is confusing, but sure there is more and more stuff in EDID and yet not enough space to store everything and that is a real problem for the industry (one more)
The source just try to send something as close as possible to the edid max by default.

there is one mistake in your list where you wrote 444 require the most bandwidth, actually 444 8b or 422 12b is same bandwidth (4K30 444 8b = 4k30 422 12b = 10.2 Gbps/300MHz and 4K60 444 8b = 4K60 422 12b = 600MHz/18Gbps)
4K60 444 8b or 422 12b are very common now, for DV60, for HDR games, for normal games. And normal DV travel in RGB container, so normal DV60 use 4K60 RGB 8b but inside you have a 4K60 422 12b stream.

SDR/BT2020 is appreciated by many, since many prefer SDR/BT2020 than HDR10 and also on some older LG TV that are not HDR capable (their input 3 is the sole that support more than 300MHz and the max for it is exactly SDR/BT2020 10b)
Usually that is used from UHD BR player and original material is HDR/BT2020 but some players will send that as SDR/BT2020 if display connected have BT2020 support but not HDR support, so why you saw that from Comcast cable, I'm not sure, what is sure is that it is not an EDID fault, that is the source fault if original material is not HDR/BT2020.

post #618 of 646 Old 12-04-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Hdfury, I missed that.
I revised info into a chart format; does this look right now.

Bandwidth <= 18Gbs
4k24
8 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 4:4:4 RGB BT.709
10 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 4:4:4 RGB BT.2020
12 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 4:4:4 RGB BT.2020

4k30

4k60
10 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 BT.2020
12 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 BT.2020

2 more questions
1. Why would you display SDR material in BT.2020? From what I have read BT.2020 is only for HDR material. How do you get SDR from that? Should it not be BT.709? Using BT.2020 expands the displayed range but if there is no info to use it, why.
Also why use more bits then what's there?

2. Can you explain Containers, I've seen references to this but not any explanations as to what it means.

Thanks
Rew

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #619 of 646 Old 12-04-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452 View Post
Thanks Hdfury, I missed that.
I revised info into a chart format; does this look right now.

Bandwidth <= 18Gbs
4k24

4k30

4k60
10 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 BT.2020
12 bit 4:2:0 4:2:2 BT.2020

2 more questions
1. Why would you display SDR material in BT.2020? From what I have read BT.2020 is only for HDR material. How do you get SDR from that? Should it not be BT.709? Using BT.2020 expands the displayed range but if there is no info to use it, why.
Also why use more bits then what's there?

2. Can you explain Containers, I've seen references to this but not any explanations as to what it means.

Thanks
Rew

You can can get deep color with 709 too, so I don't think such a list makes sense, for your information there are over 100 different signals possible in 4K that's why everybody is lost, even pro in av industry.

1. I think I answered that already, may be it's my English, check here for more info: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vi...bt-2020-a.html

2. That's just how normal DV travels, not sure what the purpose is for them to use such container. May be to prevent anyone for doing any operation on the stream since by doing anything there, you would kill DV.
What it means is that source have 4K60 422 12b or 4K30 422 12b stream initially but output it as 4K60 RGB 8b or 4K30 RGB 8b and the display who get it will decode DV stream and render it as 4K60 422 12b or 4K30 422 12b

post #620 of 646 Old 12-04-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Hdfury!
The thread on SDR looks interesting.

Rew

Rew
post #621 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Ok at least it means unit is good, now why audio out cannot read your AVR EDID when connected... I tried here to put your AVR EDID on one of our unit and we could read it just fine from Audio Out, so it is something else than EDID.
How long is the cable from Audio Out to AVR ? is AVR output connected anywhere ?

If you can try to disconnect AVR from TX1 when it works and connect to AUDIO OUT and then export config again.
Hi HDfury

I have now tested with my HD621 sound processor connected to TX0, TX1 and AUDIO OUT. It is working on both TX0 and TX1 as they are both reporting the HD621, but only the AUDIO OUT is not working at all. So some detecting is not working on the AUDIO OUT as on TX0 and TX1.

My setup I'm using daily is, TV to the TX0 and my HD621 to the TX1. Automix audio flag set to TX1. And this is working perfect.

post #622 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi Hdfury
I have an old Pioneer KRP 500M 1080P plasma monitor that supports Hdmi 1.3 deep colour but obviously not WCG. The monitor has a special colour mode (1) that covers 89% of DCI-P3 that would be nice to use on UHD WCG-content. I also have an Oppo 203 and if I set to output BT2020 the colours will be desaturated and it’s not possible to select the DCI-P3 which the screen is calibrated for. Will the Vertex2 be able to convert the BT2020 colorspace to DCI-P3 and thereby hopefully make use of the screen full colourspace?
post #623 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Only need eArc

HDFury - Is the Vertex2 the cheapest product you guys sell for someone that only needs to send eArc from TV to a preamp via HDMI? If it is not the cheapest product you guys have are there reasons to still get it vs your cheaper one?

THANKS!
post #624 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Checked Krell EV707 useramanual, seems like default output is 480p , design from 2008, so quite old, so I would need more time to check it's EDID specs and see the automix created one to compare as you have DV TV, may be there is not enough space in EDID to combine everything, not sure yet, as I said, need to be checked in more details.

So before I go further into looking at this, is there any issue ? I mean if you use Full Audio or 5.1 and it works, you should be fine no ?

is the output of this Krell connected anywhere ? if yes, try without output connected. especially if it goes to your TV, because old equipment have been proven unable to mix any recent edid capabilities.
Thanks HDFury - I appreciate you looking into it.

No real issue as I can get up to 7.1 using either Full Audio or 5.1 flags. I was just hoping to possibly point out an issue that you weren’t aware of vs my setup alone. So clearly selecting Audio Out behaves differently (incoming audio is only 2ch) vs Full/5.1 flags whereby I get multichannel in.

And yes, my KRELL EV707’s HDMI out was connected to my Sony 940E; disconnecting it resulted in the same result.

All good nonetheless- my Vertex2 is rocking like a superstar!
HDfury likes this.
post #625 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjpohl View Post
HDFury - Is the Vertex2 the cheapest product you guys sell for someone that only needs to send eArc from TV to a preamp via HDMI? If it is not the cheapest product you guys have are there reasons to still get it vs your cheaper one?

THANKS!
Cheap and HDFury don’t go together, especially the latest generation of products like Maestro, Diva etc...just saying.

You get a top shelf engineered product with almost around the clock Technical Support. Personally I’m hard pressed to recall a consumer IT/AV product (4K player, laptop, TV whatever) that I bought with such excellent customer service and track record...

As far as your question...to my knowledge, Vertex 2 seems to be the most cost effective solution that allows eARC, (unless HDFury labs are working on some new products)
gsr and HDfury like this.

Last edited by no_cure; 12-05-2019 at 04:13 PM.
post #626 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaver163 View Post
Hi Hdfury
I have an old Pioneer KRP 500M 1080P plasma monitor that supports Hdmi 1.3 deep colour but obviously not WCG. The monitor has a special colour mode (1) that covers 89% of DCI-P3 that would be nice to use on UHD WCG-content. I also have an Oppo 203 and if I set to output BT2020 the colours will be desaturated and it’s not possible to select the DCI-P3 which the screen is calibrated for. Will the Vertex2 be able to convert the BT2020 colorspace to DCI-P3 and thereby hopefully make use of the screen full colourspace?
I'll ask Devs to be sure but I don't think that's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjpohl View Post

THANKS!
Yes Vertex2 is currently the cheapest, we are making an EARC-Key device that will be cheapest just for this purpose, but prolly not available before 6 months.

post #627 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi HDfury

I have now tested with my HD621 sound processor connected to TX0, TX1 and AUDIO OUT. It is working on both TX0 and TX1 as they are both reporting the HD621, but only the AUDIO OUT is not working at all. So some detecting is not working on the AUDIO OUT as on TX0 and TX1.

My setup I'm using daily is, TV to the TX0 and my HD621 to the TX1. Automix audio flag set to TX1. And this is working perfect.
I'll report back to our Devs, we have new update coming first, after that I guess they will have time to check in details and may be provide a solution

post #628 of 646 Old 12-05-2019, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the replies HDFury and No Cure.

Yeah, I guess asking for the cheapest was not the proper way to word it That's what happens when you are supposed to be working but all you can think about is solving your AV dilemma and you sneak a post on the forum!

Excited to get the Vertex2 on Monday, seems like a great product and even better great resources here!

Going to use it to send audio from Sony A9G tv to my Arcam AV860 preamp. Playing Netflix from Panasonic dp-ub820 Bluray player and passing through the Arcam is how I currently get full audio full quality video to TV. A/B testing playing Netflix from the TV vs Panasonic showed the picture to be better when played from TV. Getting the Vertex2 will allow me to have my cake and eat it too!

Can't wait!

Thanks again!
post #629 of 646 Old 12-06-2019, 06:52 AM

Question on cabling.

I saw that you recommend keeping the cable length under 12 feet. My setup requires me to go about 28 feet between TV and Pre Amp. I am using a AudioQuest Cherry Cola Active Optical HDMI which has worked flawlessly to send all 4k HDR.

I also have an AudioQuest Cinnamon HDMI cable running that same distance which is currently not being used.

My plan was to use the Vertex2 solely to extract the audio from the TV from eARC.

Thoughts on using the long Cinnamon cable for just the eARC signal and leaving the Cherry Cola direct from Pre Amp to TV?

THANKS

Dan
post #630 of 646 Old 12-06-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hdfury,

One thing I've noticed, is when playing Expanse Season 2 from my Emby server, is momentary dropouts every once and a while the audio from the audio output to my AVR.

The Expanse has DTS-HD MA, Vertex2 shows HBR Bitstream

I know 2019 Shield is still have some issues but thought it might be of some interest to the dev folks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-12_6_2019.txt (11.5 KB, 2 views)

Rew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page