HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 182Likes

post #661 of 1052 Old 12-10-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4877 Post(s)
Liked: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage78 View Post
The Vertex outputs go into my AVR as the bluray and media box inputs. I would like to be able to switch between the different inputs. Ie, push a button in the harmony controller and it switches to Blu-ray from Apple TV and vise versa.

The Denon outputs to the JVC RS640 with another Monprice cable, this time at 20ft.

Sounds like I need to change my setting to Audio out. Will try that.

Thanks also for the infrared picture. Converting to F, it’s around 102-105 F; this confirms what I am feeling. Just wanted to ensure it was normal.

You need to change Automix flag to AUDIO OUT if AVR is at at AUDIO OUT. TX0 if its TX0, TX1 if its at TX1. in your current case if you have it at TX0 and TX1 then any of those 2 should work just fine and you could just also set COPY TX0 or COPY TX1.

So you have one AVR output going to PJ or two as well ?
However, you said you want to be able to swith between the different inputs with harmony controller, do you mean by controlling your AVR input switching or Vertex2 input switching ?
Because you can control Vertex2 input switching with harmony and then drive the 2 sources to Vertex2 with one or 2 video output going to PJ and have AVR at audio out.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 12-10-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 1052 Old 12-10-2019, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
You need to change Automix flag to AUDIO OUT if AVR is at at AUDIO OUT. TX0 if its TX0, TX1 if its at TX1. in your current case if you have it at TX0 and TX1 then any of those 2 should work just fine and you could just also set COPY TX0 or COPY TX1.

So you have one AVR output going to PJ or two as well ?
However, you said you want to be able to swith between the different inputs with harmony controller, do you mean by controlling your AVR input switching or Vertex2 input switching ?
Because you can control Vertex2 input switching with harmony and then drive the 2 sources to Vertex2 with one or 2 video output going to PJ and have AVR at audio out.
Thanks. I have changed the chain to just have one out from the Vertex (TX0) to the denon AVR. In the auto mix flag, I set it to TX0, but it still plays only stereo. Note, if I select the 5.1 flag, it will play the 5.1/7.1 depending on my source. Atmos, however, still can’t get passed.
post #663 of 1052 Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage78 View Post
Thanks. I have changed the chain to just have one out from the Vertex (TX0) to the denon AVR. In the auto mix flag, I set it to TX0, but it still plays only stereo. Note, if I select the 5.1 flag, it will play the 5.1/7.1 depending on my source. Atmos, however, still can’t get passed.

Send config export please.
And please try to answer my questions, I need to understand your setup otherwise it's tough to help as all depends on that.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 1052 Old 12-12-2019, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Upgraded to .38. Tried to use "Export Config" for the first time. Nothing happens when Export Config is clicked. How does one specify a PC file location for "Export Config"? Did a full reset (everything checked) after firmware update. Thx.
post #665 of 1052 Old 12-12-2019, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
Upgraded to .38. Tried to use "Export Config" for the first time. Nothing happens when Export Config is clicked. How does one specify a PC file location for "Export Config"? Did a full reset (everything checked) after firmware update. Thx.

try to clear your internet cache/temp/history, you prolly have older files loaded there and try from Chrome browser. when you click config export it prompt you to save file, name and location.

post #666 of 1052 Old 12-12-2019, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Will there be an update for vertex 2 to match the diva for LLDV macro support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #667 of 1052 Old 12-12-2019, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswire View Post
Will there be an update for vertex 2 to match the diva for LLDV macro support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes ! coming VERY soon.
tswire likes this.

post #668 of 1052 Old 12-12-2019, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Vertex2 FW 0.39

This update is mandatory in case of issue.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on FW0.39 #########

1. Added new LLDV option for Macro.

2. IR routines updated - we found some interrupt issues, now fixed.

3. Fixed "Default IF" button on webserver > HDR/IF section.

4. Updated Custom EDID4 for 1440p120 from X1.

5. Changed OLED reporting for 1440p.

6. Small changes in Webserver.

7. Fixed osdtextstr RS232/IP command, send multiple words using "_" underscore, the underscores will be removed by system automatically.
#vertex2 set osdtextstr hdfury_2019_vertex2
IP of course does not need the #vertex2 prefix and you can read back by #vertex2 get osdtextstr

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_39.zip
Nalleh likes this.

post #669 of 1052 Old 12-12-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked: 683
Quote:
1. Yes you can get RJ45 to Wifi adapter or if you have a computer you can use RJ45 to USB adapter. (any networking shop will offer such device and they are usually cheap)
My modem is a long way from my home theater and computer so after using a 100 ft ethernet cable to connect the Vertex2, I picked up a RJ45 to USB adapter as suggested. I am sure it is something simple I am missing, but I cannot locate the Vertex2 on my system after hooking it up to my computer with the adapter. Any suggestions to make this work?
post #670 of 1052 Old 12-13-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabea View Post
My modem is a long way from my home theater and computer so after using a 100 ft ethernet cable to connect the Vertex2, I picked up a RJ45 to USB adapter as suggested. I am sure it is something simple I am missing, but I cannot locate the Vertex2 on my system after hooking it up to my computer with the adapter. Any suggestions to make this work?

Some links posted earlier in Diva, Maestro, Vertex2 thread, basically its similar to sharing wifi access with RJ45 connected device (
under Internet Connection Sharing check the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" box. Depending on your setup you may need to sellect which adapter the internet is shared to... in this case select the USB ethernet adapter)
, so if you google that, it should put you on the right way/tuto.

All answers for that are on Google since it's cpu/network related, nothing specific.

post #671 of 1052 Old 12-13-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Just a quick question.

When wiring the Vertex 2 with a receiver, multiple HD devices, multiple UHD devices, and a TV... what's the best way to do this wiring?

Should the output of the receiver (which is being fed several HD-only devices) feed through one of the Vertex 2 inputs before going to the SAME input on the TV as UHD devices... or should it bypass it and go directly to a separate input on the TV?

Code:
HD Devices -> Receiver -> Fury HD Input ---.
                    |                      |
                    `--<--Fury Audio--.    +---> TV HDMI 1 (eARC)
                                      |    |
UHD Devices ------------> Fury HD Inputs --'

Or...

Code:
HD Devices -> Receiver -----------------> TV HDMI 2
               |
               `--<--Fury Audio--.
                                 |
UHD Devices -------> Fury HD Inputs ----> TV HDMI 1 (eARC)

The benefits I see with the first version is I get the FuryHD in my signal path for all devices, and I don't have to change inputs on the TV, just the receiver and/or V2. Downside, I waste a Vertex input on a HD device, but I don't need all 4 inputs anyways.

The second version is maybe simpler logically, but I'll have to manage inputs on the receiver, V2 and television, and I won't be able to tweak EDIDs or anything for devices hooked up directly to the receiver.

Suggestions?

Last edited by Daniel Tonks; 12-13-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #672 of 1052 Old 12-13-2019, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked: 683
Quote:
Some links posted earlier in Diva, Maestro, Vertex2 thread, basically its similar to sharing wifi access with RJ45 connected device (
under Internet Connection Sharing check the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" box. Depending on your setup you may need to sellect which adapter the internet is shared to... in this case select the USB ethernet adapter)
, so if you google that, it should put you on the right way/tuto.

All answers for that are on Google since it's cpu/network related, nothing specific.
Thanks, HDFury, got it working!!
post #673 of 1052 Old 12-13-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Tonks View Post
Just a quick question.

When wiring the Vertex 2 with a receiver, multiple HD devices, multiple UHD devices, and a TV... what's the best way to do this wiring?

Should the output of the receiver (which is being fed several HD-only devices) feed through one of the Vertex 2 inputs before going to the SAME input on the TV as UHD devices... or should it bypass it and go directly to a separate input on the TV?

Code:
HD Devices -> Receiver -> Fury HD Input ---.
                    |                      |
                    `--<--Fury Audio--.    +---> TV HDMI 1 (eARC)
                                      |    |
UHD Devices ------------> Fury HD Inputs --'

Or...

Code:

HD Devices -> Receiver -----------------> TV HDMI 2
               |
               `--<--Fury Audio--.
                                 |
UHD Devices -------> Fury HD Inputs ----> TV HDMI 1 (eARC)
The benefits I see with the first version is I get the FuryHD in my signal path for all devices, and I don't have to change inputs on the TV, just the receiver and/or V2. Downside, I waste a Vertex input on a HD device, but I don't need all 4 inputs anyways.

The second version is maybe simpler logically, but I'll have to manage inputs on the receiver, V2 and television, and I won't be able to tweak EDIDs or anything for devices hooked up directly to the receiver.

Suggestions?

Both should work, first is may be best in case AVR create issue when also connected to TV.

post #674 of 1052 Old 12-14-2019, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 88
HI,

I am reminded today of a oddity that I have seen with the Vertex2 and Tivo Bolt+ with the VOX remote.

If I use the Tivo remote to up/down volume or mute, it causes the what seems to be a resync of the Vertex2. Screen goes black and when video returns the Vertex2 OSD in also On.

If I block the IR sensor on the Vertex2, no issues.

Rew

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #675 of 1052 Old 12-14-2019, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452 View Post
HI,

I am reminded today of a oddity that I have seen with the Vertex2 and Tivo Bolt+ with the VOX remote.

If I use the Tivo remote to up/down volume or mute, it causes the what seems to be a resync of the Vertex2. Screen goes black and when video returns the Vertex2 OSD in also On.

If I block the IR sensor on the Vertex2, no issues.

Rew
Prolly IR conflict, that's why you have IR ON/OFF in config, so if you don't use IR on Vertex2, just turn off IR in config.

post #676 of 1052 Old 12-15-2019, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Prolly IR conflict, that's why you have IR ON/OFF in config, so if you don't use IR on Vertex2, just turn off IR in config.
Hi Hdfury

The problem is I use a Logitech Harmony remote with Hub to control my system, so yes, I need the IR support.

After reading this I remembered that the Tivo remote controls the Denon AVR by way of codes entered to set it up.

Went back through it's setup and for now all seems to be working without any interference with Vertex2 IR control.

Will monitor, but for now it's OK.

Rew
HDfury likes this.

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #677 of 1052 Old 12-15-2019, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 242
So my system is a 4K BR player connected to a Denon x4300 that feeds a JVC RS400.
My goal is to avoid the GammaD issue. I loaded 60nit curves that work but theres alot of prep to watch HDR movies.

I’ve read this thread and im getting confused on the terms, like “matrixing using a rs232 port” i know what a rs232 port is, but unfamiliar with the term Matrixing.
I know also my goal is to watch movies in my projectors native 1080p and take advantage of the wide color gamut. I’ve read the terms, just trying to connect the dots.
Will i still be using the high lamp output ? Im not a big fan of fan speed noise

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction

Last edited by kgveteran; 12-15-2019 at 05:54 AM.
post #678 of 1052 Old 12-15-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2561 Post(s)
Liked: 2399
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
So my system is a 4K BR player connected to a Denon x4300 that feeds a JVC RS400.
My goal is to avoid the GammaD issue. I loaded 60nit curves that work but theres alot of prep to watch HDR movies.

I’ve read this thread and im getting confused on the terms, like “matrixing using a rs232 port” i know what a rs232 port is, but unfamiliar with the term Matrixing.
I know also my goal is to watch movies in my projectors native 1080p and take advantage of the wide color gamut. I’ve read the terms, just trying to connect the dots.
Will i still be using the high lamp output ? Im not a big fan of fan speed noise
The Vertex2 (and other HDfury 4K devices) has a "Disable HDR" checkbox on the HDR tab of the GUI. This prevents the RS400 from recognizing HDR input as HDR so it does not auto-select Gamma D and does not disable the Dynmic Iris. The content is still HDR10 and you still use your custom 60-nit curve.

The Vertex2 (and other HDfury 4K devices including Vertex, Diva, and Maestro) include JVC Macros that are executed based on the format type of the incoming content. From the Vertex2 browser UI, you configure the various macros (HDR10, SDR BT2020, SDR Film and TV, HLG, LLDV) with the JVC user mode (User 1, User 2, etc.) you have configured for that type of content. A command is sent to the JVC over an RS-232 cable connecting the Vertex2 to the JVC that instructs the JVC to switch to the specified custom user mode.

The HDfury devices don't modify the video content. You will still use either low or high lamp for HDR10 content based on your preference. I don't believe high lamp was ever forced for HDR10 content.
Bytehoven and HDfury like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 12-15-2019 at 11:27 AM.
post #679 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I haven't had any time yet to troubleshoot, but I've having a strange problem. Whenever I unlock my phone (pixel 4 xl) the HDMI connection seems to reset and then come back a few seconds later with the OSD info from the vertex 2 displayed on the TV. I think I still have all the default factory settings and I only have a Nvidia Shield and cable box connected to the inputs, and feeding a Samsung 8000 series 4k tv. I've disconnected the lan cable from the vertex and even the wifi from my phone, but it still happens. I am using the IR input cable for use with my harmony. Seems very odd. Any suggestions?
post #680 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush78 View Post
I haven't had any time yet to troubleshoot, but I've having a strange problem. Whenever I unlock my phone (pixel 4 xl) the HDMI connection seems to reset and then come back a few seconds later with the OSD info from the vertex 2 displayed on the TV. I think I still have all the default factory settings and I only have a Nvidia Shield and cable box connected to the inputs, and feeding a Samsung 8000 series 4k tv. I've disconnected the lan cable from the vertex and even the wifi from my phone, but it still happens. I am using the IR input cable for use with my harmony. Seems very odd. Any suggestions?
Interesting, I'm seeing something similar with my Tivo Bolt+. Also using Harmony remote with hub.
I have the Tivo on 1 input and the 2019 Shield on another input of Vertex2.

So far the tivo remote is what triggers resync on the Vertex. Originally it was volume up/down and mute.

I reran remote setup to use my AVR for these functions and now it's the Info button on the Tivo remote but only brings up Vertex OSD, no resync.

I wonder if the vertex IR signal needs to be changed due to interference with other remotes?

I have a new Tivo remote coming in this week as mine is several years old and thought it maybe failing. But now I'm not sure after reading this.

Rew

Rew
post #681 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452 View Post
Quote:
Interesting, I'm seeing something similar with my Tivo Bolt+. Also using Harmony remote with hub.
I have the Tivo on 1 input and the 2019 Shield on another input of Vertex2.

So far the tivo remote is what triggers resync on the Vertex. Originally it was volume up/down and mute.

I reran remote setup to use my AVR for these functions and now it's the Info button on the Tivo remote but only brings up Vertex OSD, no resync.

I wonder if the vertex IR signal needs to be changed due to interference with other remotes?

I have a new Tivo remote coming in this week as mine is several years old and thought it maybe failing. But now I'm not sure after reading this.

Rew
Yeah I read your posting and also thought it sounded similar. When I first connected this and logged in through the web server using phone, I thought it was just loading the settings and reseting in the same manner as it does when you change any of the settings. So I started a few steps of elimination, closed the chrome tab in my phone connected to the web server, rebooted phone, disconnected lan cable from vertex, disabled wifi on my phone, and it still happens when I pick up my phone after each step. With my phone disconnected from wifi, I have no idea how it could possible have any effect on the vertex, but it does. I'm using a pixel 4 xl with the soli radar chip. Not sure if that could be a part of the problem. It seems to happens as soon as I touch my phone which is very stage behaviour. I've read through this entire thread and didn't see any others having problems with their phones. As it stands, I can't even touch my phone when watching tv. As soon as I do, the screen goes black/sound drops out and returns a few seconds later with the OSD info from vertex on screen. Still on fw 0.38 that it was shipped with.
post #682 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't think that have anything do with Vertex2, it seems to be something between your phone and the TV, do you have any APP on your phone that is related to your TV, or did you use your phone to stream on TV, etc.. ?? IF so, then that's more likely the issue here.
Also if TV have some android feature and you are logged into your account, then that behavior might be normal, I would log out from TV and retry.

post #683 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think that have anything do with Vertex2, it seems to be something between your phone and the TV, do you have any APP on your phone that is related to your TV, or did you use your phone to stream on TV, etc.. ?? IF so, then that's more likely the issue here.
Also if TV have some android feature and you are logged into your account, then that behavior might be normal, I would log out from TV and retry.
The problem was only introduced the moment I hooked up the vertex. I don't have any smart features logged into or turned on with the TV. The tv simply turns on/off. I don't switch it's input, use the speakers, or any apps. Plus I disabled the wifi on my phone and I don't stream anything from my phone either. I know how strange this sounds...
post #684 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The problem was only introduced the moment I hooked up the vertex. I don't have any smart features logged into or turned on with the TV. The tv simply turns on/off. I don't switch it's input, use the speakers, or any apps. Plus I disabled the wifi on my phone and I don't stream anything from my phone either. I know how strange this sounds...
What do you mean about TV simply turns on/off ? you mean from your phone ? or something else.

Try to record a short video clip of your issue if you can please. that should help. Also please give a list of equipment brand/model you have connected, may be you have chromecast or other such android device that are linked to your phone account.

post #685 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
What do you mean about TV simply turns on/off ? you mean from your phone ? or something else.

Try to record a short video clip of your issue if you can please. that should help. Also please give a list of equipment brand/model you have connected, may be you have chromecast or other such android device that are linked to your phone account.
My harmony hub with remote only turns the TV on/off.

I just got home from nightshift and had some time to test. I think I've found the cause of the problem. As soon as I go near my phone (pixel 4 xl), the soli radar chip activates the IR camera for face unlock. This is the moment the HDMI connection resets. I've confirmed the same behavior when using face ID on my iPhone 11 pro work phone. As soon as face ID starts scanning, the HDMI connection resets. If I unplug the ir sensor (plugged into ir sensor port) this behaviour no longer happens. It also doesn't happen when I use the face unlock feature when behind the ir sensor. The problem is definitely related to the ir hardware of the phones and the ir sensor of the vertex. This should be simple to reproduce using any phone with face unlock.
post #686 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I just got home from nightshift and had some time to test. I think I've found the cause of the problem. As soon as I go near my phone (pixel 4 xl), the soli radar chip activates the IR camera for face unlock. This is the moment the HDMI connection resets. I've confirmed the same behavior when using face ID on my iPhone 11 pro work phone. As soon as face ID starts scanning, the HDMI connection resets. If I unplug the ir sensor (plugged into ir sensor port) this behaviour no longer happens. It also doesn't happen when I use the face unlock feature when behind the ir sensor. The problem is definitely related to the ir hardware of the phones and the ir sensor of the vertex. This should be simple to reproduce using any phone with face unlock.
Ok good catch, we will check it, amazing stuff btw

post #687 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Ok good catch, we will check it, amazing stuff btw [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Many thanks! The support provided here by HDFury is the best I've ever seen and the single biggest reason for my desire to own this device. I'm happy to help and participate in the process.
post #688 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Many thanks! The support provided here by HDFury is the best I've ever seen and the single biggest reason for my desire to own this device. I'm happy to help and participate in the process.
Thank you, this will require IR codes list update and then Harmony will take some days to update their DB (will fix that above issue and the Tivo one reported by Rew452, and hopefully will not bring any new conflicts, which is tough one today to find any IR codes not yet in use)

post #689 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Hdfury good to hear!

Rew

Rew
post #690 of 1052 Old 12-16-2019, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post

I&#226;€&#x2122;&#xfe0f;ve read this thread and im getting confused on the terms, like &#226;€œmatrixing using a rs232 port&#226;€&#194; i know what a rs232 port is, but unfamiliar with the term Matrixing.
I know also my goal is to watch movies in my projectors native 1080p and take advantage of the wide color gamut. I&#226;€&#x2122;&#xfe0f;ve read the terms, just trying to connect the dots.
The Vertex2 (and other HDfury 4K devices) has a "Disable HDR" checkbox on the HDR tab of the GUI. This prevents the RS400 from recognizing HDR input as HDR so it does not auto-select Gamma D and does not disable the Dynmic Iris. The content is still HDR10 and you still use your custom 60-nit curve.

The Vertex2 (and other HDfury 4K devices including Vertex, Diva, and Maestro) include JVC Macros that are executed based on the format type of the incoming content. From the Vertex2 browser UI, you configure the various macros (HDR10, SDR BT2020, SDR Film and TV, HLG, LLDV) with the JVC user mode (User 1, User 2, etc.) you have configured for that type of content. A command is sent to the JVC over an RS-232 cable connecting the Vertex2 to the JVC that instructs the JVC to switch to the specified custom user mode.

The HDfury devices don't modify the video content. You will still use either low or high lamp for HDR10 content based on your preference. I don't believe high lamp was ever forced for HDR10 content.
Ok, i just gotta get one in my hands, after the 1st.
Thank you for the info, i went to the sight and checked out the iOS screen shots of the setup, does the vertex have wifi or is it LAN to my house’s network

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction

Last edited by kgveteran; 12-17-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page