HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 98Likes

post #91 of 628 Old 07-05-2019, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4630 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
Thank you, I appreciate you 'reviewing' my config setup.

The FULL AUDIO flag works great for my audio setup. The only slight concern I have is, whenever I'm playing a HDR10 disc via Cambridge UHD 4k player for example, the pre/pro plays HBR Audio no problem, but my Sony TV keeps showing message "Unsupported Audio Format. Check your device output" every few seconds.

From my limited knowledge, I believe that most Sony TVs will only accept PCM audio, so the message about High Bit Rate audio makes sense. Somehow, checking/un-checking the Full Audio box in the Vertex2 Web-server seems to cure the issue and the pop-up message on the TV goes away...until I play a new disc that is. No biggie as I have a workaround...just reporting it for wider knowledge.

Selecting AUDIO OUT will not pass through HBR audio to my pre/pro (e.g. DTS Master or Dolby True HD uncompressed audio)...so I won't do that.

Make sure you always restart your source when you do any EDID changes. (such as changing AUDIO flags)

Also, you can turn off sound going to your sony TV if you want. Webserver > Config > MUTE TX0 AUDIO ON

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 628 Old 07-05-2019, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Make sure you always restart your source when you do any EDID changes. (such as changing AUDIO flags)

Also, you can turn off sound going to your sony TV if you want. Webserver > Config > MUTE TX0 AUDIO ON
Thank you, I've edited my original post before seeing your response...just noticed the "Mute TX0 Audio" option under the Config section in the user manual. That should solve my main issue.

Thanks again!
post #93 of 628 Old 07-05-2019, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Make sure to run either FW0.22 for eARC or FW0.24 for ARC (or any of those 2 if you don't use ARC or eARC) and EXPORT CONFIG and add it as attachment.
You are prolly one FW0.23 which had issue with some HDR options getting activated after reboot.
This sounds really dumb but how do I know if I am using either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 628 Old 07-05-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
No such thing as a dumb question...this product is new, so we're all learning.

Upon logging into the Websever, the top section shows 3 lines as follows:
- the host name
- IP address (local to your network)
- FW: 0.2x

Probably, if you were like me, yours was shipped with 0.23. You can download the latest FW 0.24 here https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

I've also attached a screen shot; see User Manual pg. 17
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertex 2 Webser Top Section.png
Views:	19
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	2587926  
DrMichael likes this.
post #95 of 628 Old 07-06-2019, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Easiest way is to look at OLED when it boots up, FW is wrote on it.
DrMichael likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #96 of 628 Old 07-06-2019, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Hmmm... I just turned on my TV and had no signal.

The web GUI showed blank for Video TX0/TX1 (known issue). I was able to change inputs on the GUI but still no output signal. I also tried sending an HPD pulse using the GUI and still nothing.

I forced a reboot on the Vertex2 and then a signal displayed right away.

Anybody have anything similar?
Quote:
Now that you mentioned it...that happened to me as well. I am not sure what I did to trigger it, but I’m pretty sure that I was messing about with the EDID or DV/HDR tabs. Every change I made, of course, it triggered a change to the unit and temporarily blanked out the screen.

I guess at some point, the screen remained blank. Rebooting it however got it all back up.
Quote:
Export config if it happens again please
OK ... It just happened again.

Signal appeared on TV for about a second and then went to NO SIGNAL. I changed inputs on the Vertex2 using the WEB GUI and my TV flashed it's information screen showing 480p but the picture was black. It kept showing 480p and then black. (i.e. it was receiving sync but then it stopped and it repeated)

Rebooting the Vertex2 immediately fixed the problem.

I've attached two exported configuration files. One before the reboot and one after.

I'm a huge fan of HDfury and the support so I'm sure it will get resolved. Hopefully they can replicate though ASAP as this is a very big problem for me
Attached Files
File Type: txt BEFORE-REBOOT.txt (9.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt AFTER-REBOOT.txt (9.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by sofakng; 07-06-2019 at 04:12 PM.
post #97 of 628 Old 07-06-2019, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK ... It just happened again.

Signal appeared on TV for about a second and then went to NO SIGNAL. I changed inputs on the Vertex2 using the WEB GUI and my TV flashed it's information screen showing 480p but the picture was black. It kept showing 480p and then black. (i.e. it was receiving sync but then it stopped and it repeated)

Rebooting the Vertex2 immediately fixed the problem.

I've attached two exported configuration files. One before the reboot and one after.

I'm a huge fan of HDfury and the support so I'm sure it will get resolved. Hopefully they can replicate though ASAP as this is a very big problem for me
I cannot take 0.23 as valid config file, please update to 0.24 for ARC or 0.22 for eARC, 0.25 due soon.

Also Before reboot TX1 was forwarding inp 3, After Reboot TX1 was forwarding inp 1.
so was any signal coming from inp 3 and what is connected to it ? what is connected to inp1 and which of these sources was you trying to play ?

Last edited by HDfury; 07-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.
post #98 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just received Vertex2. This is my first experience with an HDFury product. So far it's an easy setup to just get video to TV and audio split to AVR. My issue is my Xbox One X.

The number one reason why I purchased the Vertex2 is so I'd be able to utilize all the video options available from Xbox One X and LG 75SM9070. (i.e. Xbox One X settings: Allow auto low latency mode, Allow variable refresh rate, Allow Dolby Vision) All of those options work if I connect directly from Xbox to TV, but I need multiple devices into Vertex2 with one out to TV. If the Vertex2 is pass through only, why won't it allow those options to be selected in the Xbox like it does when I connect directly from Xbox to TV?

Current EDID; Custom Input 0 # 11, Input 1, 2, 3 Follow Input 0, Automix: Full, HDR FLAGS: HDR 10+, COLOR FLAGS: BT.2020/xvYCBCr, DV FLAGS: none checked

Xbox One X > Vertex2 HDMI 0 > TX0 > RX0 (LG 75SM9070 HDMI2 eARC)
Pioneer Elite LX500 > Vertex2 HDMI 1 > TX0 > RX0 (LG 75SM9070 HDMI2 eARC)
Xbox One X, Pioneer Elite LX500 > Vertex2 HDMI 0/1 > Audio Out > Pioneer Elite SC-99 AVR

So far that is the only option I've changed was the audio to Full. Not sure what other changes I'd need to make???
Also, for the Pioneer Elite LX500, what custom EDID is best for a 4K Blu Ray only player? Custom # 11 or # 65?

Thank you in advance HDFury

Last edited by thx524; 07-07-2019 at 12:46 AM.
post #99 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi Experts,

Is the HDFury Meastro the same as the Vertex2 plus HDBastT?

Thanks
S.
post #100 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardos View Post
Hi Experts,

Is the HDFury Meastro the same as the Vertex2 plus HDBastT?

Thanks
S.
See here: https://www.hdfury.com/next-gen-comparison/
But basically yes, you can resume it like you did, just Maestro is TX/RX so you have more input, more output, 2 webserver, internet sharing and others, just refer to above link.

post #101 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx524 View Post
Just received Vertex2. This is my first experience with an HDFury product. So far it's an easy setup to just get video to TV and audio split to AVR. My issue is my Xbox One X.

The number one reason why I purchased the Vertex2 is so I'd be able to utilize all the video options available from Xbox One X and LG 75SM9070. (i.e. Xbox One X settings: Allow auto low latency mode, Allow variable refresh rate, Allow Dolby Vision) All of those options work if I connect directly from Xbox to TV, but I need multiple devices into Vertex2 with one out to TV. If the Vertex2 is pass through only, why won't it allow those options to be selected in the Xbox like it does when I connect directly from Xbox to TV?

Current EDID; Custom Input 0 # 11, Input 1, 2, 3 Follow Input 0, Automix: Full, HDR FLAGS: HDR 10+, COLOR FLAGS: BT.2020/xvYCBCr, DV FLAGS: none checked

Xbox One X > Vertex2 HDMI 0 > TX0 > RX0 (LG 75SM9070 HDMI2 eARC)
Pioneer Elite LX500 > Vertex2 HDMI 1 > TX0 > RX0 (LG 75SM9070 HDMI2 eARC)
Xbox One X, Pioneer Elite LX500 > Vertex2 HDMI 0/1 > Audio Out > Pioneer Elite SC-99 AVR

So far that is the only option I've changed was the audio to Full. Not sure what other changes I'd need to make???
Also, for the Pioneer Elite LX500, what custom EDID is best for a 4K Blu Ray only player? Custom # 11 or # 65?

Thank you in advance HDFury

Because such tech VRR/ALLM are made to work from source to display only, you cannot have any men in the middle when using them, and if you do, it won't support high fluctuations without dropping, such tech have never been made to be used otherwise than directly with eARC TV. that's why early adopters get screwed again when they have HDMI2.1 TV without eARC support (new Samsung TV) or ALLM/VRR monitor without eARC support.

You will find some AVR in the future and may be now already, that claim they can be inserted in the middle, but if you look the specs they only accept very slight fluctuation of frame rate and therefor will kill the purpose of the feature in the first place.

If TV is eARC then to get VRR/ALLM working you need direct connection SOURCE ALLM/VRR> TV ALLM/VRR and TV eARC to AVR.

So the question here is ... is the Pioneer ELITE eARC capable ? if no, then: SOURCES TO TV, ARC INPUT of TV to Vertex2 TX0 output, AUDIO out of Vertex2 to AVR input.
I don't understand the way you wrote your chain description such as > TX0 > RX0... not sure why TX0 output, should go back to RX0 input, that is a loop that makes little sense

Also for any issue, you guys should include your config export, because even if you forget info or description is hard to get, we can deduct most of it from config files and that save time for every one. you have less to describe, we have less to guess. thanx.

post #102 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I cannot take 0.23 as valid config file, please update to 0.24 for ARC or 0.22 for eARC, 0.25 due soon.

Also Before reboot TX1 was forwarding inp 3, After Reboot TX1 was forwarding inp 1.
so was any signal coming from inp 3 and what is connected to it ? what is connected to inp1 and which of these sources was you trying to play ?
OK - I'll update to 0.24 or wait for 0.25. The reason the input switched was because I wanted to see if the problem affected all inputs or just the current input. (it affected all inputs)

The problem happened yet again this morning so I'm attaching configs but they are still on v0.23. This time I didn't change the inputs before or after the reboot.

Like I said though, I'll update to 0.24 or wait for 0.25. I'm going on vacation soon so I might not have another report for a week or so. Hopefully somebody else is having this same issue that can also submit a report?

(EDIT: BTW, I'm not actively using ARC or eARC; It might be enabled on my TV though)
Attached Files
File Type: txt BEFORE-REBOOT.txt (9.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt AFTER-REBOOT.txt (9.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by sofakng; 07-07-2019 at 08:45 AM.
post #103 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK - I'll update to 0.24 or wait for 0.25. The reason the input switched was because I wanted to see if the problem affected all inputs or just the current input. (it affected all inputs)

The problem happened yet again this morning so I'm attaching configs but they are still on v0.23. This time I didn't change the inputs before or after the reboot.

Like I said though, I'll update to 0.24 or wait for 0.25. I'm going on vacation soon so I might not have another report for a week or so. Hopefully somebody else is having this same issue that can also submit a report?

(EDIT: BTW, I'm not actively using ARC or eARC; It might be enabled on my TV though)
What is the source at input 1 ? TX1 goes to AVR, is AVR output going to TV ?
0.25 will be posted today. I think the issue here is FW0.23 so please update asap and see if you can reproduce (either to 0.24 or upcoming 0.25)

Last edited by HDfury; 07-07-2019 at 09:44 AM.
post #104 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here is my setup:

TX0 -> LG 4K PC Monitor
TX1 -> AVR (Marantz NR-1608) -> Vizio TV (M651d-A2R)

Input 0 -> Tivo Roamio Pro DVR
Input 1 -> Playstation 4 Pro
Input 2 -> X-Box One X
Input 3 -> Gefen HDMI Switch (HDMI 1.4; legacy)

Gefen HDMI Switch -> HTPC
Gefen HDMI Switch -> Nvidia Shield
Gefen HDMI Switch -> ...

I'm not currently using TX0. It's connected but I haven't turned on that TV (PC monitor) because it's in a different room and is not currently being used.

The last two times the problem occurred, I believe the chain was:

HTPC -> Gefen HDMI Switch -> Vertex2 - Input 3 -> Vertex2 TX1 -> Marantz DVR -> Vizio TV

However, whenever the problem occurs I try to troubleshoot the issue:

The first thing I do is route TX1 -> Input 0 (Tivo) just to make sure the HDMI Switch isn't causing the problem. I've also tried using the [Send HPD Pulse] in the Vertex2 Web GUI to see if that fixes it but it doesn't. Once the problem happens it seems like every input stops working and only a reboot fixes it.

I'll definitely try v0.25 later today if it's ready and hopefully that fixes the problem!

Thanks!
post #105 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is my setup:

TX0 -> LG 4K PC Monitor
TX1 -> AVR (Marantz NR-1608) -> Vizio TV (M651d-A2R)

Input 0 -> Tivo Roamio Pro DVR
Input 1 -> Playstation 4 Pro
Input 2 -> X-Box One X
Input 3 -> Gefen HDMI Switch (HDMI 1.4; legacy)

Gefen HDMI Switch -> HTPC
Gefen HDMI Switch -> Nvidia Shield
Gefen HDMI Switch -> ...

I'm not currently using TX0. It's connected but I haven't turned on that TV (PC monitor) because it's in a different room and is not currently being used.

The last two times the problem occurred, I believe the chain was:

HTPC -> Gefen HDMI Switch -> Vertex2 - Input 3 -> Vertex2 TX1 -> Marantz DVR -> Vizio TV

However, whenever the problem occurs I try to troubleshoot the issue:

The first thing I do is route TX1 -> Input 0 (Tivo) just to make sure the HDMI Switch isn't causing the problem. I've also tried using the [Send HPD Pulse] in the Vertex2 Web GUI to see if that fixes it but it doesn't. Once the problem happens it seems like every input stops working and only a reboot fixes it.

I'll definitely try v0.25 later today if it's ready and hopefully that fixes the problem!

Thanks!
Yes try new fw when available or 0.24, issue could also be problem with cec
If it happens again instead of reboot, try unplugging/replugging TX1 and if no go try same with input where Gefen switch is connected.

post #106 of 628 Old 07-07-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Vertex² FW0.25

####> What's new/fixed in 0.25

1. Added latest EARC and ARC routines similar as on DIVA

2. Added Config Import from webserver > config section

3. IR codes has been changed from 0x78 to 0x96 due to conflit with Yamaha AVR.

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_25.zip

First iteration of our unique solution to Android TV standby mode issues should be available next week.

post #107 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

First iteration of our unique solution to Android TV standby mode issues should be available next week.
Thank you @HDfury for your continuous support!

I have a side question related to the expected video processing behaviour: how fast should the video image process/display on the screen upon playing or stopping video content?

Use case: play or stop any title on Netflix
a. ATV4k as a source
b. Sony 940E as a video sink
Behaviour: it seems that the screen momentarily blanks out (no more than 1-2 sec) before either the content plays (play movie) or the Netflix home screen appears (stop movie). As a comparison, without the Vertex 2 in the chain (i.e. ATV4k straight to the TV) the video processes noticeably faster and the screen never blanks out.

Not really an issue, as once the video is shown, all is good and everything works wonderfully; I'm just posting here and report some observations from real world usage.

Cheerio!
post #108 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I have a side question related to the expected video processing behaviour: how fast should the video image process/display on the screen upon playing or stopping video content?

a. ATV4k as a source
Behaviour: it seems that the screen momentarily blanks out (no more than 1-2 sec) before either the content plays (play movie) or the Netflix home screen appears (stop movie). As a comparison, without the Vertex 2 in the chain (i.e. ATV4k straight to the TV) the video processes noticeably faster and the screen never blanks out.

Not really an issue, as once the video is shown, all is good and everything works wonderfully; I'm just posting here and report some observations from real world usage.

Cheerio!

If you have a direct connection, then signal goes straight to the panel driver since TV are ultra fast for that.
When it goes through our devices, then we have to sync with source at input and then sync with sink at output.

You can may be get better results with special firmware, see PM.

post #109 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If you have a direct connection, then signal goes straight to the panel driver since TV are ultra fast for that.
When it goes through our devices, then we have to sync with source at input and then sync with sink at output.

You can may be get better results with special firmware, see PM.
Custom made FW received and will test it out later today - much obliged for the help @HDfury !
HDfury likes this.
post #110 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Huge, huge thank you to HDfury! Special thanks to Ken from HDfury for the amazing support as well!!
HDfury likes this.
post #111 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Hi, just got a chance to install my Vertex 2 and must say it is a lovely device but I am having an issue.

Vertex 2 firmware => 0.25.

Setup: All Sources => Denon AVR => Input 0 Vertex 2 => TX0 Sony TV - TX1 Samsung TV in bedroom.

Using any source (Xfinity Cable, ATV4K, FireTV4K, Dune Pro 4K, Zidoo 9ZS) the Samsung TV will resync every 1-2 minutes losing both video and audio. The Sony display has no resyncing issues. If the Sony display is on the Samsung will not resync, if the Sony is off (standby) the Samsung resyncs frequently. If I unplug the Sony from TX0 the Samsung will not resync.
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-7_8_2019.txt (10.6 KB, 4 views)
post #112 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryl View Post
Hi, just got a chance to install my Vertex 2 and must say it is a lovely device but I am having an issue.

Vertex 2 firmware => 0.25.

Setup: All Sources => Denon AVR => Input 0 Vertex 2 => TX0 Sony TV - TX1 Samsung TV in bedroom.

Using any source (Xfinity Cable, ATV4K, FireTV4K, Dune Pro 4K, Zidoo 9ZS) the Samsung TV will resync every 1-2 minutes losing both video and audio. The Sony display has no resyncing issues. If the Sony display is on the Samsung will not resync, if the Sony is off (standby) the Samsung resyncs frequently. If I unplug the Sony from TX0 the Samsung will not resync.
Yes that is typical sony standby issue as you can read here (translate in English with browser if you don't read german): https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/42?nobounce

The good news is that Vertex2 and Diva will have solution for those TVs standby mode (and therefor fix for any Android TV issue in standby)
The bad news is that the fix is not yet on current firmware, it should arrive in a few days for both Vertex2 and Diva.

So bottom line: please be patient, we are on it and it's at the corner.
No other devices have or will have any solution for such standby issue from Android TV for a while.
no_cure likes this.

post #113 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

a. ATV4k as a source

Cheerio!
I also experience this with the Apple tv4k and LG C8. Every once in a while I don’t get the video with Netflix and I have to go back to the menu to get the picture.
post #114 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Yes that is typical sony standby issue as you can read here (translate in English with browser if you don't read german): https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/42?nobounce

The good news is that Vertex2 and Diva will have solution for those TVs standby mode (and therefor fix for any Android TV issue in standby)
The bad news is that the fix is not yet on current firmware, it should arrive in a few days for both Vertex2 and Diva.

So bottom line: please be patient, we are on it and it's at the corner.
No other devices have or will have any solution for such standby issue from Android TV for a while.
Interesting read, thank you. I shall be patient!
post #115 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I also experience this with the Apple tv4k and LG C8. Every once in a while I don’t get the video with Netflix and I have to go back to the menu to get the picture.

Make sure you understand that the report your quoted here is about syncing input and output which add some delay like any device in the middle would do here, there is no dropout or picture lost in the report you quoted.
see PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryl View Post
Interesting read, thank you. I shall be patient!
It won't be long, guys are on it.

post #116 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This doesn't sound kosher to me. You might want to export your config files and post it here for HDfury to review (make sure you're running the latest FW 0.25...). With the exception of exactly 1 incident when I was running FW 0.23, my screen never went completely off (and stayed off).

My particular concern (and not really a big issue), as described earlier, was that the video image took longer to connect upon playing/stopping a movie...and as HDfury explained, it's all about video synchronization.
post #117 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This doesn't sound kosher to me. You might want to export your config files and post it here for HDfury to review (make sure you're running the latest FW 0.25...). With the exception of exactly 1 incident when I was running FW 0.23, my screen never went completely off (and stayed off).

My particular concern (and not really a big issue), as described earlier, was that the video image took longer to connect upon playing/stopping a movie...and as HDfury explained, it's all about video synchronization.
Yes and actually it would need 2 config export: one when in the menu and one when playing the Netflix movie as if Netflix movies play higher res than menu, it could just be cable issue.

post #118 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I also got some sort of sync issue. My soundbar is on the audio out. During boot, some sources sync and loose sync a few times. I.E. they seem to perform multiple HDMI handshakes. The sources have always been like this. However, can you stop this sync to propagate to the audio out of Vertex2? It makes the soundbar make popping noises.

Like an option 'keep sync to soundbar at all times' when first handshake is completed

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
post #119 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Really silly question here...but beneficial to ensure all Vertex 2 questions remain focused in one common thread.

Does anyone know how I can change the actual (searchable) title of this thread? When I initially created it, the Vertex 2 wasn't out yet, hence I named it as "anticipation" instead of "owner's". Obviously now it should be renamed...but I can't rename the the title itself.

I've sent a PM to @Admin some time ago requesting the name change a while back, but I haven't heard back...

Is there a particular AVS Forum process to change the name of a thread title?
post #120 of 628 Old 07-08-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
I also got some sort of sync issue. My soundbar is on the audio out. During boot, some sources sync and loose sync a few times. I.E. they seem to perform multiple HDMI handshakes. The sources have always been like this. However, can you stop this sync to propagate to the audio out of Vertex2? It makes the soundbar make popping noises.

Like an option 'keep sync to soundbar at all times' when first handshake is completed
No sorry, that makes little sense.

First, you wrote "during boot" .. during boot of which sources ? you said some sources sync and loose sync during boot ? yes they go from 480p or FHD to 4K, typical sync time for a device in the middle is up to 5sec, so when ever some res change, hdcp change, chroma change, color depth change, etc... there could be up to 5sec sync time at each occurrence, that is typical and absolutely normal.

and then you wrote, "however can you stop this sync to propagate to audio out", if incoming audio/video signal changes and if that signal audio is extracted to audio out, then no, we cannot prevent audio out from syncing again.
You said popping noise or cracking sound I suppose, that happens when an AVR or soundbar is currently decoding PCM and there is new signal in bitstream, the time it shifts its internal decoder you can hear such sound for a sec. same if current signal is bitstream and then you resync with pcm.
Some AVR even replace that popping noise by a beep when they switch decoder. However if you have a well designed source such as oppo203, you will never heard such sound because it will mute sound while changing format and that is what most of sources are supposed to do. in real life however, a source like STB very rarely does that.in such case the work around is to force bitstream always or pcm always and then you won't have such popping noise as there won't be any changes anymore.

Anyway, I sent you test firmware you can try by PM, see if it helps a bit without changing any settings, if still not, set/force your source to audio format you want always.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page