HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 328Likes

post #1411 of 1954 Old 03-26-2020, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Those custom Hex values are not used unless you choose Custom in the drop down list instead of your JVC user mode. So it doesn't matter that you zero'ed out the LLDV custom string. The custom string is there so that owners of other brands of displays can also make use of the Macros.

I am not sure why you made your Macro settings so complicated. Most of us just use Automatic mode instead of Semi-Automatic when we have only 1 or 2 custom HDR curves. We configure our 4K custom curve in the HDR10 macro, and our ~1000 nit curve in the HDR10-Opt macro. We don't use the Custom HDR Profile macros.

I tried to understand what you were trying to accomplish with the Custom HDR Profile macros you have selected that are used in Semi-Automatic mode. But you would need to explain your reasoning before I could really comment.

Best I can determine from your configured settings is:

- For content with no Max Brightness metadata value, use your 4000 nit curve.
- Else For content mastered at 1000 nits, use your 1000 nit curve.
- Else For content mastered at 4000 nits or 10000 nits and has a zero MaxCLL value, use your 4000 nit curve.
- Else For content mastered at 4000 nits or 10000 nits and has MaxCLL > 0 and < 1100, use your 1000 nit curve.
- Otherwise use your 1000 nit curve which would include:
-- 4000 nit and 10000 nit titles with MaxCLL > 1000 (I don't think you wanted to do this.)
Claw, thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it! I was just making it way too complicated, that's the way I thought it had to be set up and have had it that way since it was released with original vertex. I'll switch to automatic, uncheck all custom hd10 profiles and see how that works. I have 4k and 1K curves like you stated above. Is there a particular pic/user mode I should select for LLDV on the macro?

I have Marks custom edid bt2020 edid in slot 10 for DV. Do I even need this for the new DV feature with my pj (520) , I believe it has a dci p3 color profile?

If it is best to stick with custom bt2020 edid, does the 'primaries' drop down list need to be changed in the hdr/dvi tab from dci p3 to the bt2020 option if using Marks custom edid? See pic attached. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 3-26-20 at 1.40 PM.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	2701960  
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-3_26_2020.txt (12.0 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1954 Old 03-26-2020, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Anyone familiar with the macros needed to switch my user settings in my jvc rs400 when viewing HDR material. My Vertex is pretty much setup thanx to their chat support.
I have the rs232 all hooked up and ready to go.....

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction

Last edited by kgveteran; 03-27-2020 at 05:23 AM.
post #1413 of 1954 Old 03-26-2020, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2868 Post(s)
Liked: 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Gambit12 View Post
Claw, thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it! I was just making it way too complicated, that's the way I thought it had to be set up and have had it that way since it was released with original vertex. I'll switch to automatic, uncheck all custom hd10 profiles and see how that works. I have 4k and 1K curves like you stated above. Is there a particular pic/user mode I should select for LLDV on the macro?

I have Marks custom edid bt2020 edid in slot 10 for DV. Do I even need this for the new DV feature with my pj (520) , I believe it has a dci p3 color profile?

If it is best to stick with custom bt2020 edid, does the 'primaries' drop down list need to be changed in the hdr/dvi tab from dci p3 to the bt2020 option if using Marks custom edid? See pic attached. Thanks again!
Since you are using the JVC Macros, you don't need to send custom HDR10 metadata. That drop down you mentioned is only used when sending custom HDR10 metadata, so you can leave it as it is.

If you use the custom BT2020 EDID, then you can use one of your existing HDR10 user modes that is configured to use the BT2020 color profile. I would suggest your 1000 nit curve user mode.

If you use the custom DCI-P3 EDID or switch to Automix with the DV Flags enabled and don't change the default values in the DV data block fields, then you can set up a new user mode in your JVC that uses its DCI-P3 color profile and your custom HDR curve.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1414 of 1954 Old 03-26-2020, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Great thank you. I really appreciate it.
post #1415 of 1954 Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 86
PERIODIC Re-Sync PROBLEM

CONFIGURATION:

I updated few days ago from FW 0.38 to FW 0.50. Tested the LLDV hack to my PJ and got it to work properly. But a new problem has appeared!

All sources to HDMI inputs of AVR Denon 8500
Denon Monitor 1 to VERTEX2 RX0
VERTEX2 TX0 to PJ (Optoma UHZ65 4K)
VERTEX2 TX1 to TV (Phillips 42PFL7695H 2K)

PROBLEM:

I suffer from continuous HDMI resync (about every minute) to the PJ. Very annoying as the sync lasts for about 20 seconds. I change sources in the AVR, changed the Vertex2 OSD fade and even disabling OSD and problem persist. Also changed “SONY ANDROID TV FIX:” normally OFF (long sync time) when setting ON (short sync time) but the problem persists.

Normal startup sequence is: VERTEX2 is continuously powered ON, then I start AVR, and finally Source and PJ.

AFTER suffering several resyncs, while watching a movie without changing anything, I then REBOOT the VERTEX2 via mobile web CONFIG menu and the problem disappears. I can then watch for hours without any abnormal resync.

When starting the equipment again next day It occurs the same. This behavior is persistent after several days testing.

SOME DIAGNOSTIC:

The problem occurs when the TV (TX1) has been powered ON, and after, is powered OFF, but on StandBy.

Somehow, Vertex2 “remembers” the TV and try to connect to it. As it fails it keeps retrying and makes an HDMI resync every 1 minute. Changing the OSD fade to 120s gives that re-sync every 2 minutes.

Changing OSD fade to “0” again re-sync each one minute.

Disabling OSD, also have problem re-sync every minute.

During this problem, the Vertex2 OLED display keeps refreshing every 3 seconds and never goes out. You see something is retrying continuously…

EITHER when I Power ON the TV or REBOOT the Vertex2, the problem disappear as the Vertex2 “Forgets” the TV and now it does not retry: No re-sync every minute and the Vertex2 OLED display now goes out after the fade time.

EXPORT FILES:

The four Export files show in their names the sequence of the tests after TV Power ON/OFF, REBOOT and if problem occurs or not
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-27_03_2020 - 1 - TV OFF - PROBLEM YES.txt (12.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-27_03_2020 - 2 - TV ON - PROBLEM NO.txt (12.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-27_03_2020 - 3 - TV OFF 2 - PROBLEM YES.txt (12.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-27_03_2020 - 4 - REBOOT - TV OFF - PROBLEM NO.txt (12.0 KB, 4 views)

AVR: Denon AVC X8500H (Atmos 7.1.6, DTS:X, Auro-3D 13.1)
DPY: Optoma UHZ65 / Lumene Majestic Premium 270C / TV LG C9
Ply:: Dune HD Solo 4K / Dune HD PRO 4K / Oppo 203 / Fire Stick 4K
SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
Oth: HDFury Vertex2
post #1416 of 1954 Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5474 Post(s)
Liked: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYanguas View Post
CONFIGURATION:

I updated few days ago from FW 0.38 to FW 0.50. Tested the LLDV hack to my PJ and got it to work properly. But a new problem has appeared!

All sources to HDMI inputs of AVR Denon 8500
Denon Monitor 1 to VERTEX2 RX0
VERTEX2 TX0 to PJ (Optoma UHZ65 4K)
VERTEX2 TX1 to TV (Phillips 42PFL7695H 2K)

PROBLEM:

I suffer from continuous HDMI resync (about every minute) to the PJ. Very annoying as the sync lasts for about 20 seconds. I change sources in the AVR, changed the Vertex2 OSD fade and even disabling OSD and problem persist. Also changed “SONY ANDROID TV FIX:” normally OFF (long sync time) when setting ON (short sync time) but the problem persists.

Normal startup sequence is: VERTEX2 is continuously powered ON, then I start AVR, and finally Source and PJ.

AFTER suffering several resyncs, while watching a movie without changing anything, I then REBOOT the VERTEX2 via mobile web CONFIG menu and the problem disappears. I can then watch for hours without any abnormal resync.

When starting the equipment again next day It occurs the same. This behavior is persistent after several days testing.

SOME DIAGNOSTIC:

The problem occurs when the TV (TX1) has been powered ON, and after, is powered OFF, but on StandBy.

Somehow, Vertex2 “remembers” the TV and try to connect to it. As it fails it keeps retrying and makes an HDMI resync every 1 minute. Changing the OSD fade to 120s gives that re-sync every 2 minutes.

Changing OSD fade to “0” again re-sync each one minute.

Disabling OSD, also have problem re-sync every minute.

During this problem, the Vertex2 OLED display keeps refreshing every 3 seconds and never goes out. You see something is retrying continuously…

EITHER when I Power ON the TV or REBOOT the Vertex2, the problem disappear as the Vertex2 “Forgets” the TV and now it does not retry: No re-sync every minute and the Vertex2 OLED display now goes out after the fade time.

EXPORT FILES:

The four Export files show in their names the sequence of the tests after TV Power ON/OFF, REBOOT and if problem occurs or not
Make sure you have HARD RESET your unit after firmware flash.
You should NOT use SONY FIX if you don't have SONY ANDROID TV or if you don't have ANDROID powered display.
OSD play no role in what you describe here.
Try the FW i sent via PM and let me know if you still have any issue.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #1417 of 1954 Old 03-27-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Make sure you have HARD RESET your unit after firmware flash.
By HARD RESET you mean Webserver / CONFIG check both "CLEAR ALL SETTINGS..." and "EDID FACTORY SETTINGS", then Type RESET in the box and push RESET Button?

Or is there any other Harder RESET by powering ON in a particular manner or whatever?

Quote:
OSD play no role in what you describe here.
OK, but when I changed the OSD fade to a different time, then the periodic re-sync occurs every just that time. May not be the cause, but it seems like is correlated to when the OSD video display fades out to the non working connection.

Quote:
Try the FW i sent via PM and let me know if you still have any issue.
I will try as soon as my wife let me. Now approaching weekend film ans series watching under this Corona Confinement.

Thank you very much for your quickly support!

SPs: Pulsar Audio Ambiente 7 /Ambiente Center /Master M5 /Access AC / B&W CCM 683
post #1418 of 1954 Old 03-27-2020, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1.By HARD RESET you mean Webserver / CONFIG check both "CLEAR ALL SETTINGS..." and "EDID FACTORY SETTINGS", then Type RESET in the box and push RESET Button?

2.Or is there any other Harder RESET by powering ON in a particular manner or whatever?

3.OK, but when I changed the OSD fade to a different time, then the periodic re-sync occurs every just that time. May not be the cause, but it seems like is correlated to when the OSD video display fades out to the non working connection.

I will try as soon as my wife let me. Now approaching weekend film ans series watching under this Corona Confinement.

Thank you very much for your quickly support!
1. YES
2. NO
3. YES ok, but that still play no role here, the problem is with the TV , it's clear from config. may be see if that TV have some quick switch, instant start or input roll option, toggling those options would solve it as well or even it's deep sleep timer.

Technically the issue you have here is as follow:

this particular TV even in OFF position still keeps the HPD and RSENSE active but apparently just disables the HDCP registers (maybe disables)typically such behavior is only observed in video capture cards that have HDCP capable IC but have removed the keys. Such device in active state has HPD and RSENSE ON with HDCP registrers disabled but for capture card its the normal use case and it is taken care of with these test FW versions we have before such case would start flashing the other of our outputs continuously .. i.e. every 3 seconds but now this could be a new use case that we havent seen before HPD+RSENSE active while HDCP is disabled AND TV is supposed to be off.
only a condition where HDCP handshake has been attempted and failed due to missing registers will toggle that setting but as you see in this case the issue is not present if you cold boots vertex2 while the TV is off (you could do the same just unplugging/repluggin the tx1 cable)the condition is when you switch tv off instead of tunring off the RSENSE the TV seems to just disable HDCP and leave it otherwise ON for instant turn on, there might be a TV settng too.. like an ECO setting or other "instant on" setting that you could disable and then TV would instruct the source to stop sending by turning off either HPD or RSENSE. Its quite abnormal of TV to keep the rsense on

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #1419 of 1954 Old 03-27-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
this particular TV even in OFF position still keeps the HPD and RSENSE active but apparently just disables the HDCP registers ...
Thank you very much for that full explanation. You are doing a great support job. Thank you.

That sounds good for me because when the Re-sync occurs while TV is OFF (Standby), refreshing the web info I see in sequence, during the sync, the following three states until the Sync is completed:

TX1: HDCP ERROR-nan 444 BT709 8b 0MHz
TX1: OSD 1080P60 RGB 8b 148.5MHz
TX1: 1080P59.940 444 BT709 8b 148MHz

So something wrong is happening with HDCP when attempting the handshake.

Waiting to test the new FW as soon as my wife leaves the equipment to me alone.

post #1420 of 1954 Old 03-27-2020, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you very much for that full explanation. You are doing a great support job. Thank you.

That sounds good for me because when the Re-sync occurs while TV is OFF (Standby), refreshing the web info I see in sequence, during the sync, the following three states until the Sync is completed:

TX1: HDCP ERROR-nan 444 BT709 8b 0MHz
TX1: OSD 1080P60 RGB 8b 148.5MHz
TX1: 1080P59.940 444 BT709 8b 148MHz

So something wrong is happening with HDCP when attempting the handshake.

Waiting to test the new FW as soon as my wife leaves the equipment to me alone.
yes let me know the results.

post #1421 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
yes let me know the results.
Tested with the new FW and It looks good. Problem is solved so far.

Now, when Power Off TV (standby), there is NO resync and the PJ keeps working without any additional re-syncs. There is only a re-sync when I power ON again the TV, but this should be normal.
Now the OLED display does not refresh every 3 seconds and normally fades out after the OLED FADE.

I have tested a second time with the usual Startup Sequence for only PJ, without rebooting Vertex2, and All is working properly. Now Vertex2 “remembers” the TV as if it were ON when it is Standby.

Also, when I power off the PJ, there is no hdmi re-sync for the TV.

Attached two Exports with the TV ON and the TV OFF without problems.

I will continue setting for the LLDV hack, and, eventually, will comment you if I find any problem.

Thank YOU very much for your Great Support.
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-28_03_2020 - 1 - TV OFF - PROBLEM NO.txt (12.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-28_03_2020 - 2 - TV ON - PROBLEM NO.txt (12.0 KB, 5 views)
HDfury likes this.

post #1422 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have my vertex connected and setup, i have three sources a 4K LG BR, ShieldTV, Spectrum cable tv box, all connected to a denon x4300.
Im getting flashing of white light on my pj JVC RS400 with the ShieldTV and BR player, but not the cable tv box.
I upgraded to 6’ 4K 18gig hdmi cables monoprice premium.
My long hdmi cable is a 16gig celerity dfo/hdmi

Any thoughts....

post #1423 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
I have my vertex connected and setup, i have three sources a 4K LG BR, ShieldTV, Spectrum cable tv box, all connected to a denon x4300.
Im getting flashing of white light on my pj JVC RS400 with the ShieldTV and BR player, but not the cable tv box.
I upgraded to 6’ 4K 18gig hdmi cables monoprice premium.

Any thoughts....
IF bandwidth in MHz when playing cable box is inferior to bandwidth in MHz when playing any other source, then it's a cable issue.

Send config export when you have the issue and prefer KableDirekt copper min 6ft/max12ft for any copper cable.

and send a link to the celerity cable you are using please

post #1424 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I suspect this will be a pretty niche issue, but here goes anyway...

I am using my Vertex 2 with the Marseille mClassic, which processes and upscales the HDMI output from older video game consoles. On the specification page (I can't post links yet, but it's the top hit if you Google "marseille mclassic tech specs") it says that 1440p/60 is an available output from the mClassic, but only with a supported monitor. I have an LG C7 OLED TV and am planning to upgrade to a CX soon. I gather that the CX supports 1440p/60 but I'm not sure about the C7. I can't test it, because even when the the Vertex2 is disconnected from the TV the signal from the mClassic is reported as 1080p/60. Is there any way for the Vertex2 to force the mClassic to output 1440p/60?
post #1425 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikologist View Post
I suspect this will be a pretty niche issue, but here goes anyway...

I am using my Vertex 2 with the Marseille mClassic, which processes and upscales the HDMI output from older video game consoles. On the specification page (I can't post links yet, but it's the top hit if you Google "marseille mclassic tech specs") it says that 1440p/60 is an available output from the mClassic, but only with a supported monitor. I have an LG C7 OLED TV and am planning to upgrade to a CX soon. I gather that the CX supports 1440p/60 but I'm not sure about the C7. I can't test it, because even when the the Vertex2 is disconnected from the TV the signal from the mClassic is reported as 1080p/60. Is there any way for the Vertex2 to force the mClassic to output 1440p/60?
Not sure if that have anything to do with our device at all and not sure what you want our device to do here exactly.

If you want 1440p60 out, then just start by sending 1440p60 in and you will get 1440p60 out, if your M cable is supposed to upscale anything to 1440p60 from let's say 1080p60, then if you send 1080p60 it should do it, if not, its that cable issue.

post #1426 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. From what I understand, when the mClassic receives a 1080p input and is connected to a display that accepts 1440p, then it sends 1440p. Otherwise it defaults to 1080p, and that's what's happening in my case. So I'm wondering whether the Vertex2 can somehow tell the mClassic to send 1440p, not 1080p. There are other reports about this issue online but I can't share them until I'm allowed to post links. No worries if it's not possible, I know it's not the Vertex2's problem.
post #1427 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. From what I understand, when the mClassic receives a 1080p input and is connected to a display that accepts 1440p, then it sends 1440p. Otherwise it defaults to 1080p, and that's what's happening in my case. So I'm wondering whether the Vertex2 can somehow tell the mClassic to send 1440p, not 1080p. There are other reports about this issue online but I can't share them until I'm allowed to post links. No worries if it's not possible, I know it's not the Vertex2's problem.
Ok that's more clear, so you want M CABLE to see 1440p60 support, if so, if your display support 1440p60, then use COPY SINK EDID mode and see if it works. (that means that SOURCE > MCABLE > DISPLAY also works for the same purpose)
Other option is to use a custom EDID that support 1440p60, i think you can try Custom EDID 4 that support up to 1440p120

Now if it's a design issue of the cable and it would only work with EDID that show 1440p60 support without any lower res support, then you need to create a special edid for that.

post #1428 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Ok that's more clear, so you want M CABLE to see 1440p60 support, if so, if your display support 1440p60, then use COPY SINK EDID mode and see if it works. (that means that SOURCE > MCABLE > DISPLAY also works for the same purpose)
Other option is to use a custom EDID that support 1440p60, i think you can try Custom EDID 4 that support up to 1440p120

Now if it's a design issue of the cable and it would only work with EDID that show 1440p60 support without any lower res support, then you need to create a special edid for that.
Yes, that's the issue. COPY SINK EDID doesn't do anything and I think that must be because the C7 doesn't support 1440p60. I also tried Custom EDID 4 and the Vertex2 still reports 1080p from the mClassic. Does it make a difference if the C7 is still connected to TX0 while I do that?

I've just watched a YouTube video where the Marseille guy demonstrates that an LG LCD TV can accept 1440p60 from the mClassic, but an LG OLED can't—apparently even the C9 doesn't support 1440p60, even though it supports 1440p120. Someone reported that a recent firmware update from LG was supposed to fix that, but I can't find any confirmation. I'll be interested to discover what the CX can handle.

I might be getting out of my depth here, but how would I go about creating a special EDID that only accepts 1440p60?

Thanks for your help with this!
post #1429 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, that's the issue. COPY SINK EDID doesn't do anything and I think that must be because the C7 doesn't support 1440p60. I also tried Custom EDID 4 and the Vertex2 still reports 1080p from the mClassic. Does it make a difference if the C7 is still connected to TX0 while I do that?

I've just watched a YouTube video where the Marseille guy demonstrates that an LG LCD TV can accept 1440p60 from the mClassic, but an LG OLED can't—apparently even the C9 doesn't support 1440p60, even though it supports 1440p120. Someone reported that a recent firmware update from LG was supposed to fix that, but I can't find any confirmation. I'll be interested to discover what the CX can handle.

I might be getting out of my depth here, but how would I go about creating a special EDID that only accepts 1440p60?

Thanks for your help with this!
If you use custom EDID then what is connected at output does NOT matter. What is connected at output only play a role in AUTOMIX or COPY SINK EDID mode.

Creating a 1440p60 edid only might work or not, it all depends on that M cable. you can do that yourself if you know about EDID, if not, we have service to do custom edid but once again, in your particular case, it might just fail cause of M cable very own design and behavior.
Send email if you are interested in that.

Last edited by HDfury; 03-29-2020 at 06:23 AM.
post #1430 of 1954 Old 03-28-2020, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I upgraded to 6&#226;€&#x2122;&#xfe0f; 4K 18gig hdmi cables monoprice premium.

Any thoughts....
IF bandwidth in MHz when playing cable box is inferior to bandwidth in MHz when playing any other source, then it's a cable issue.

Send config export when you have the issue and prefer KableDirekt copper min 6ft/max12ft for any copper cable.

My 6’ cables are working fine, can you support this cable from KableDirekt

https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-O..._dp&th=1&psc=1

post #1431 of 1954 Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My 6’ cables are working fine, can you support this cable from KableDirekt

It's not our devices that must support a cable, any working cable will work ! its a cable that must support the required bandwidth.
I have no experience on optical/fiber from kabledirekt, i only know they have the best copper min6ft/max12ft for the money, means affordable and un-beatable quality for the money.
Best fiber is celerity because they have power supplies on both ends that solve the HPD pull up resistor issue that many others have.
Moshou is cheaper but also reported good, yet it won't help if there is not enough power available since it does not come with its own power supply.
Keep in mind that it is NOT allowed to take power from HDMI for any active/fiber cable, now think again about all those cables that claims to be "certified", etc.. while they are not even conform to standard.
HDMI cable market is full of lye, bs, false marketing claims, etc...

post #1432 of 1954 Old 03-29-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
If you use custom EDID then what is connected at output does NOT matter. What is connected at output only play a role in AUTOMIX or COPY SINK EDID mode.

Creating a 1440p60 edid only might work or not, it all depends on that M cable. you can do that yourself if you know about EDID, if not, we have service to do custom edid but once again, in your particular case, it might just fail cause of M cable very own design and behavior.
Send email if you are interested in that.
OK—I will return to this when I get my CX.

One other question: would it be possible for you to provide IR codes for ALLM control? I know you can do this from the web interface, but I have a Logitech Harmony and it would be useful to be able to activate/deactivate ALLM from that via on/off/follow commands for each input. If you could post the codes, I'll send them to Logitech.

Thanks again for for your excellent support—just reading this thread has been an education for me.
post #1433 of 1954 Old 03-29-2020, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK—I will return to this when I get my CX.

One other question: would it be possible for you to provide IR codes for ALLM control? I know you can do this from the web interface, but I have a Logitech Harmony and it would be useful to be able to activate/deactivate ALLM from that via on/off/follow commands for each input. If you could post the codes, I'll send them to Logitech.

Thanks again for for your excellent support—just reading this thread has been an education for me.
yes we can prolly assign IR codes for ALLM but that will need some time as our guys are working on a priority issue atm, so please remind me after the next fw update release. thanx.

post #1434 of 1954 Old 03-29-2020, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I upgraded to 6&#226;€&#x2122;&#xfe0f; 4K 18gig hdmi cables monoprice premium.

Any thoughts....

Updated all cables to 4k 18gb hope this helps

Last edited by kgveteran; 03-30-2020 at 10:08 AM.
post #1435 of 1954 Old 03-29-2020, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
My 6&#226;€&#x2122;&#xfe0f; cables are working fine, can you support this cable from KableDirekt

It's not our devices that must support a cable, any working cable will work ! its a cable that must support the required bandwidth.
I have no experience on optical/fiber from kabledirekt, i only know they have the best copper min6ft/max12ft for the money, means affordable and un-beatable quality for the money.
Best fiber is celerity because they have power supplies on both ends that solve the HPD pull up resistor issue that many others have.
Moshou is cheaper but also reported good, yet it won't help if there is not enough power available since it does not come with its own power supply.
Keep in mind that it is NOT allowed to take power from HDMI for any active/fiber cable, now think again about all those cables that claims to be "certified", etc.. while they are not even conform to standard.
HDMI cable market is full of lye, bs, false marketing claims, etc...
Ok then....thanx for your reply

post #1436 of 1954 Old 04-01-2020, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Hi there, I just bought a Vertex 2 to replace my Vertex and get the LLDV hack working properly.

I'm stuck at the first step, can't get IR working. I'm using a Harmony hub, I found the HDFury Vertex 2 device and it appears to have all the right commands, I just need to switch inputs and OSD on off so don't need to load any additional commands, yet anyway. However nothing works, I think it's the Harmony side as I can't see any IR LED flashes with my phone for the Vertex 2 commands yet a volume up & down for my AVR flashes brightly. I tried all three languages, all the same.

Is there some trick to the Vertex 2 profile or some other named profile that works?

I need to put the Vertex 2 before the AVR as it doesn't pass DV so without being able to switch inputs I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks

Home Cinema, JVC X7000,3.3m Cinemascope Beamax, Vertex.Yamaha 3050, Quad 606, Apple TV 4k, MadVR & Kodi HTPC.
Monitor Audio Silver 8, Silver C350, Silver 1's, Mass 10 for ATMOS, Minidsp 2x4HD, BK Monolith.
Lots of velvet and mineral wool.
post #1437 of 1954 Old 04-01-2020, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNewman View Post
Hi there, I just bought a Vertex 2 to replace my Vertex and get the LLDV hack working properly.

I'm stuck at the first step, can't get IR working. I'm using a Harmony hub, I found the HDFury Vertex 2 device and it appears to have all the right commands, I just need to switch inputs and OSD on off so don't need to load any additional commands, yet anyway. However nothing works, I think it's the Harmony side as I can't see any IR LED flashes with my phone for the Vertex 2 commands yet a volume up & down for my AVR flashes brightly. I tried all three languages, all the same.

Is there some trick to the Vertex 2 profile or some other named profile that works?

I need to put the Vertex 2 before the AVR as it doesn't pass DV so without being able to switch inputs I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks
Take the IR codes list from latest firmware package and pick the IR codes you need, up to 100 MAX for harmony, then send your list to datasupport at logitech.com and ask them to add to your account.

post #1438 of 1954 Old 04-01-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Take the IR codes list from latest firmware package and pick the IR codes you need, up to 100 MAX for harmony, then send your list to datasupport at logitech.com and ask them to add to your account.

Thanks, I had seen that posted but I incorrectly assumed there would be a few basic codes as a starting point.

Home Cinema, JVC X7000,3.3m Cinemascope Beamax, Vertex.Yamaha 3050, Quad 606, Apple TV 4k, MadVR & Kodi HTPC.
Monitor Audio Silver 8, Silver C350, Silver 1's, Mass 10 for ATMOS, Minidsp 2x4HD, BK Monolith.
post #1439 of 1954 Old 04-02-2020, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNewman View Post
Thanks, I had seen that posted but I incorrectly assumed there would be a few basic codes as a starting point.
I have an Harmony Elite with the Hub, and I have access to many commands, changing inputs and many others. I added a Device that reads as "HDFury AV Switch" and works well with my Vertex 2

I didn't ask anything to Logitech to add anything. So there must be some "default device" as a starting point as you says.

post #1440 of 1954 Old 04-02-2020, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I have an Harmony Elite with the Hub, and I have access to many commands, changing inputs and many others. I added a Device that reads as "HDFury AV Switch" and works well with my Vertex 2

I didn't ask anything to Logitech to add anything. So there must be some "default device" as a starting point as you says.
Well that was what I had expected, that's certainly how the original Vertex worked.

The Vertex 2 device I have added says exactly the same as yours, well I've emailed Logitech some codes, lets see if they respond.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page