HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes

post #121 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No sorry, that makes little sense.

First, you wrote "during boot" .. during boot of which sources ? you said some sources sync and loose sync during boot ? yes they go from 480p or FHD to 4K, typical sync time for a device in the middle is up to 5sec, so when ever some res change, hdcp change, chroma change, color depth change, etc... there could be up to 5sec sync time at each occurrence, that is typical and absolutely normal

Anyway, I sent you test firmware you can try by PM, see if it helps a bit without changing any settings, if still not, set/force your source to audio format you want always.
Allow me to elaborate somewhat.

1) Source is WDTV LIVE and sink is a 1080P Panasonic plasma TV. The Vertex2 is in between source and sink.

2) Soundbar is connected to the HDMI audio out of the Vertex2.

On booting the WDLIVE, the TV Screen blanks a few times. After such a blank, I hear some popping/cracking sounds coming from the soundbar. Eventually, I get a 720p60 link. I believe there is no audio up to this point as the source is still booting.

Since the HDMI audio connection to the soundbar should always carry the same formats, I had hoped that link could only negotiate once and then remain unaffected by the source negotiation which apparently is not very smooth.

Extra info:

Strangely, connecting the soundbar optical audio in to the optical audio out of the WDTV LIVE (without Vertex2 in the chain) and video directly to the TV also shows the soundbar lighting up twice with one acceptable/not bothering short single pop (so it is detecting something). But no funny cracking noises/series of pops. So I am quite sure HDMI is causing the noises.

I will try the firmware tonight to see whether things behave differently.

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
When will Logitech add the Vertex2 as a device in their Harmony database?
post #123 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 590 Post(s)
Quoted: 4404 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango8 View Post
When will Logitech add the Vertex2 as a device in their Harmony database?

You just have to take the IR codes you want and mail to them asking to add to your account.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 03:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
Allow me to elaborate somewhat.

1) Source is WDTV LIVE and sink is a 1080P Panasonic plasma TV. The Vertex2 is in between source and sink.

2) Soundbar is connected to the HDMI audio out of the Vertex2.

On booting the WDLIVE, the TV Screen blanks a few times. After such a blank, I hear some popping/cracking sounds coming from the soundbar. Eventually, I get a 720p60 link. I believe there is no audio up to this point as the source is still booting.

Since the HDMI audio connection to the soundbar should always carry the same formats, I had hoped that link could only negotiate once and then remain unaffected by the source negotiation which apparently is not very smooth.

Extra info:

Strangely, connecting the soundbar optical audio in to the optical audio out of the WDTV LIVE (without Vertex2 in the chain) and video directly to the TV also shows the soundbar lighting up twice with one acceptable/not bothering short single pop (so it is detecting something). But no funny cracking noises/series of pops. So I am quite sure HDMI is causing the noises.

I will try the firmware tonight to see whether things behave differently.

- Try to record a video when you boot up that device and have such "no funny cracking noises/series of pops"
- Export config when it happens
- Try Vertex2 optical out instead of WDTV live optical out, which results ?
- Try soundbar from TX1 downscale output, which results ?

Apparently this issue could be the WDTV live unit itself slowly dying, read here: https://community.wd.com/t/crackles-and-pops-broken-player/64982/10
Do you use the analog output of WDTV live ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #125 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
You just have to take the IR codes you want and mail to them asking to add to your account.
I finally got my Vertex2 hooked up. So far so good!

- Input 0: HTPC
- Input 1: Xbox One X
- Input 2: PS4 Pro

- TX 0: Denon x1500 —> LG OLED B7
- TX 1: Denon x4400 —> JVC X790

I have a couple of questions:

1. EDID shows output name as DenonAVR. Is there a way to change the name manually to the display device (i.e. JVC x790 & LG OLED B7

2. For the Harmony remote and IR codes.... are you referring to the IR codes starting on page 55 of the manual? If yes, is there an editable Excel file that can be made available - with a column stating “name” and another column stating what the command does?

3. Last... can any forum member share the IR codes they already submitted to Logitech?

Thx.

Rec Room: JVC x790 w/120" Silver Ticket screen, Denon x4400H 5.1.4 with Kef Q100 L/R, Q200 centre, T101 surrounds, Ci160er rear atmos, Energy Rc-Mini - front atmos, SVS PC-2000. Family Room: LG 65B7P OLED, Denon x1500H 5.1 - Kef Q500, Q200c, Energy v-mini - surrounds. Extra Gear: X-Rite i1Display Pro, Calman Home Enthusiast, HDFury Vertex2, & HTPC w/2080 Ti.
post #126 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 04:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyVee View Post

1. EDID shows output name as DenonAVR. Is there a way to change the name manually to the display device (i.e. JVC x790 & LG OLED B7

2. For the Harmony remote and IR codes.... are you referring to the IR codes starting on page 55 of the manual? If yes, is there an editable Excel file that can be made available - with a column stating “name” and another column stating what the command does?

3. Last... can any forum member share the IR codes they already submitted to Logitech?

Thx.

1. No that's part of edid detection and it is needed for support/config export to get exact data about a setup. now if your AVR have option to copy sink EDID, then display name might appear instead of AVR.
2. Code was updated on last firmware 0.25, so usermanual is already outdated on this regard, download latest firmware package and inside you have a txt file with the new IR codes.
3. We will submit ourselves once we have enough feedback to make sure there is not any conflict anymore with existing device. (previous codes were discarded because some Yamaha AVR used similar ones)

Harmony accept up to 100 IR codes, so you can make a selection from our existing IR codes (more than 200), if you don't use JVC macro, you can remove all JVC macro IR codes from our official list, if you only need a few custom edid IR codes, then you can discard nearly 100 IR codes for 100 Custom EDID, then you should be close to the 100 harmony accept as max. Once done, send email to [email protected] and ask them to add to your account.
JonnyVee likes this.

post #127 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 14
HDfury, can you please check the web GUI when it displays the HDCP version?

The PS4 allows you to enable/disable HDCP (which also disables Bluray playback, etc) while the system is running. (Settings -> System -> Enable HDCP)

If you ENABLE HDCP in the PS4 menu, the Vertex2 will correctly add "1.4" to the SOURCE IN TX0 status.
If you DISABLE HDCP in the PS4 menu, the Vertex2 will incorrectly still show "1.4" in the SOURCE IN TX0 status.

However, the HDCP output is correct in both situations. I think the bug might be the Vertex2 doesn't correctly update the status info. The VIDEO TX0 status is also displayed correctly. Only the SOURCE IN TX0 is wrong.

(NOTE: I am using the regular firmware and not the special firmware.)

I've attached a before/after config when I disabled HDCP on the PS4 while the system was running.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BEFORE.txt (10.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt AFTER.txt (10.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by sofakng; 07-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.
post #128 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
HDfury, can you please check the web GUI when it displays the HDCP version?

The PS4 allows you to enable/disable HDCP (which also disables Bluray playback, etc) while the system is running. (Settings -> System -> Enable HDCP)

If you ENABLE HDCP in the PS4 menu, the Vertex2 will correctly add "1.4" to the SOURCE IN TX0 status.
If you DISABLE HDCP in the PS4 menu, the Vertex2 will incorrectly still show "1.4" in the SOURCE IN TX0 status.

However, the HDCP output is correct in both situations. I think the bug might be the Vertex2 doesn't correctly update the status info. The VIDEO TX0 status is also displayed correctly. Only the SOURCE IN TX0 is wrong.

(NOTE: I am using the regular firmware and not the special firmware.)

I've attached a before/after config when I disabled HDCP on the PS4 while the system was running.

Are you sure you refreshed the info page ?

post #129 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes, definitely. I've refreshed it several times. I also wait 10+ seconds between refreshes. I also repeated the test twice to make sure it happened both times.

Last edited by sofakng; 07-09-2019 at 12:11 PM.
post #130 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Thx.

So you have 2 x Receivers? Differing room's I guess?
post #131 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
1. No that's part of edid detection and it is needed for support/config export to get exact data about a setup. now if your AVR have option to copy sink EDID, then display name might appear instead of AVR.
2. Code was updated on last firmware 0.25, so usermanual is already outdated on this regard, download latest firmware package and inside you have a txt file with the new IR codes.
3. We will submit ourselves once we have enough feedback to make sure there is not any conflict anymore with existing device. (previous codes were discarded because some Yamaha AVR used similar ones)

Harmony accept up to 100 IR codes, so you can make a selection from our existing IR codes (more than 200), if you don't use JVC macro, you can remove all JVC macro IR codes from our official list, if you only need a few custom edid IR codes, then you can discard nearly 100 IR codes for 100 Custom EDID, then you should be close to the 100 harmony accept as max. Once done, send email to [email protected] and ask them to add to your account.

Given the product was only just released and there have been 2 x firmware revisions already, might be an idea to update the User Manual with the latest IR codes and re upload to the website. Can you get this device into the Logitech harmony database asap please.
post #132 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, definitely. I've refreshed it several times. I also wait 10+ seconds between refreshes. I also repeated the test twice to make sure it happened both times.

Ok will check it and correct it if we can reproduce, will keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango8 View Post
Given the product was only just released and there have been 2 x firmware revisions already, might be an idea to update the User Manual with the latest IR codes and re upload to the website. Can you get this device into the Logitech harmony database asap please.
The number of update we did for Vertex was too many and we had to remove many from the list or the page would be too big and still there is dozens available, diva released 6 weeks ago approx. already 11 official updates and nearly 20 in total with non official, Vertex2 with 4 official updates is just at the beginning.
We know what it takes as amount of work to make a reliable a device and that is our first priority always because there is people waiting on it, Usermanual update will come later once we reach a first stage of satisfaction.
Ir codes I already explained a few posts ago that we won't submit our self now for the simple reason that last firmware just had new codes (because of conflict with Yamaha AVR, same happened on Diva and it was updated too) and there is not yet enough feedback by experience to publish them.
This being said and as I also wrote it previously, Logitech only accept up to 100 codes out of 200+ we have, so either you directly or us, or anyone else, someone have to make a choice, if you don't have JVC or RS232 controllable display, you will more likely drop all IR codes for Macro, if you have only 4K equipment you will drop a load of custom edid, etc.... All that means that no one can make a selection that fit everyone, the right selection is YOUR selection that you can mail to harmony to add to your account, they are doing that on a daily basis and very good at it.
Then there will be our selection as public, but that does not prevent anyone to send IR codes list to Harmony for their public database as well and not only personal account, for example HDfury Diva was added by users not by us, if one day we decide the list should be different then we will ask harmony to update it.
This above is assuming you need/want 100 ir codes, if you only need a few, then it's a 2 min job to copy/paste them in a new text file and mail to harmony. I also think you can add HEX code directly to your remote somehow.
All into the other, priority is elsewhere at the moment and what you are suggesting here will be done in due time as always.
no_cure likes this.

post #133 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Ok will check it and correct it if we can reproduce, will keep you updated.

The number of update we did for Vertex was too many and we had to remove many from the list or the page would be too big and still there is dozens available, diva released 6 weeks ago approx. already 11 official updates and nearly 20 in total with non official, Vertex2 with 4 official updates is just at the beginning.
We know what it takes as amount of work to make a reliable a device and that is our first priority always because there is people waiting on it, Usermanual update will come later once we reach a first stage of satisfaction.
Ir codes I already explained a few posts ago that we won't submit our self now for the simple reason that last firmware just had new codes (because of conflict with Yamaha AVR, same happened on Diva and it was updated too) and there is not yet enough feedback by experience to publish them.
This being said and as I also wrote it previously, Logitech only accept up to 100 codes out of 200+ we have, so either you directly or us, or anyone else, someone have to make a choice, if you don't have JVC or RS232 controllable display, you will more likely drop all IR codes for Macro, if you have only 4K equipment you will drop a load of custom edid, etc.... All that means that no one can make a selection that fit everyone, the right selection is YOUR selection that you can mail to harmony to add to your account, they are doing that on a daily basis and very good at it.
Then there will be our selection as public, but that does not prevent anyone to send IR codes list to Harmony for their public database as well and not only personal account, for example HDfury Diva was added by users not by us, if one day we decide the list should be different then we will ask harmony to update it.
This above is assuming you need/want 100 ir codes, if you only need a few, then it's a 2 min job to copy/paste them in a new text file and mail to harmony. I also think you can add HEX code directly to your remote somehow.
All into the other, priority is elsewhere at the moment and what you are suggesting here will be done in due time as always.

Proper post @HDfury !

Probably I will catch some flak here...and I know I don't speak for the entire Vertex 2 users, but personally I would rather have a SUPER STABLE AND WORKING Vertex 2 product prior to dedicating SW resources hours on updating a user's manual (which for the time being, should be classified as living document, until ~95% of features/functions are working per design) and publish 1/2 baked IR codes to Logitech (and yes I want those codes too, I have a Harmony Ultimate One waiting for them...)

Look, very distantly, I'm related to SW world, new product devel, QA testing, first to market strategies, etc.. What HDFury has accomplished here is nothing short of amazing. We have NEAR INSTANT firmware updates and bug fixes, CUSTOM codes to fix anyone requesting certain functions, REAL TIME technical support. In my experience, given my industry and line of work, some customer's requests/bugs go to ether and never get resolved, Customer Support is a black hole, with documentation that's written by Shrek only for Donkey to understand.

I consider myself lucky to have one of HDfury's products: Vertex 2 simply exceeded my expectations!
JonnyVee, DrMichael and HDfury like this.

Last edited by no_cure; 07-09-2019 at 08:45 PM.
post #134 of 399 Old 07-09-2019, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Thanks to HDFury for being so on top of all these updates! I recently updated to the .25FW and I had the same settings as the .24 and discovered that I didn't receive any sound when playing Dolby vision material through netflix. Normal 4K was fine but DV had no sound. I reverted back to .24 and the sound came back.
LG C8 -> TX0
ATV 4K -> HDMI0
EDID: Copy TXO sink
Thought I would give a heads up!
Thanks!
post #135 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Thanks to HDFury for being so on top of all these updates! I recently updated to the .25FW and I had the same settings as the .24 and discovered that I didn't receive any sound when playing Dolby vision material through netflix. Normal 4K was fine but DV had no sound. I reverted back to .24 and the sound came back.
LG C8 -> TX0
ATV 4K -> HDMI0
EDID: Copy TXO sink
Thought I would give a heads up!
Thanks!

Hi Michael,

When you say you didn't have sound, you mean to the TV ? or to an AVR connected at Audio out ? When you meet any issue with new firmware, please export config and post it before reverting back to older FW, then we can progress or at least investigate.
We have ATV and C8 here, so if there is anything we can reproduce then we can fix it.
For any device the rule is always the same, if someone find a way for an issue to always manifest, then it means we can reproduce it as well and that means we can fix it.
The hardest thing for us is to fix things that we cannot reproduce, then it becomes guessing game and not only we hate that but it's not reliable, so it's always appreciated if during a few weeks after release, a config is always exported and posted when any issue, it helps us a lot to improve firmware.

post #136 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You were right and we could reproduce it, so it is fixed now, will be on next update. thanx for you help !

post #137 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryl View Post
Hi, just got a chance to install my Vertex 2 and must say it is a lovely device but I am having an issue.

Vertex 2 firmware => 0.25.

Setup: All Sources => Denon AVR => Input 0 Vertex 2 => TX0 Sony TV - TX1 Samsung TV in bedroom.

Using any source (Xfinity Cable, ATV4K, FireTV4K, Dune Pro 4K, Zidoo 9ZS) the Samsung TV will resync every 1-2 minutes losing both video and audio. The Sony display has no resyncing issues. If the Sony display is on the Samsung will not resync, if the Sony is off (standby) the Samsung resyncs frequently. If I unplug the Sony from TX0 the Samsung will not resync.

Hi Seryl,

We have a test firmware for your Sony standby issue (and any android TV standby issue), i'll send via PM. please check it.
Seryl likes this.

post #138 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi Michael,

When you say you didn't have sound, you mean to the TV ? or to an AVR connected at Audio out ? When you meet any issue with new firmware, please export config and post it before reverting back to older FW, then we can progress or at least investigate.
We have ATV and C8 here, so if there is anything we can reproduce then we can fix it.
For any device the rule is always the same, if someone find a way for an issue to always manifest, then it means we can reproduce it as well and that means we can fix it.
The hardest thing for us is to fix things that we cannot reproduce, then it becomes guessing game and not only we hate that but it's not reliable, so it's always appreciated if during a few weeks after release, a config is always exported and posted when any issue, it helps us a lot to improve firmware.
My apologies, I didn’t get any sound from my AVR connected to audio out.
post #139 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My apologies, I didn’t get any sound from my AVR connected to audio out.

Just tried here and could not reproduce neither with 0.24 or 0.25, are you sure AVR was on the right input ? is AVR output connected to TV ?
Also, when such things happens, try to export config as I wrote before, and also try connected AVR at TX1 to see if there is any difference.

post #140 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just tried here and could not reproduce neither with 0.24 or 0.25, are you sure AVR was on the right input ? is AVR output connected to TV ?
Also, when such things happens, try to export config as I wrote before, and also try connected AVR at TX1 to see if there is any difference.
How do I export the configuration? My AVP is not connected to my TV as I’m only running audio through it. .
post #141 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How do I export the configuration? My AVP is not connected to my TV as I’m only running audio through it. .
On OLED it show IP address, type that in a browser on same network, it will bring you to webserver page, go in CONFIG page, browse down to the bottom and then click EXPORT CONFIG, that will prompt you to save a TXT file, save it on your computer and then make a reply in forum and add that file as attachment in your post.
DrMichael likes this.

post #142 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 05:01 PM

Harmony support added my codes within 30 minutes. Very impressed. However, I think they may have added the Vertex2 codes I sent to their database and not just my account. If they did, be forewarned, I deleted the 100 EDID codes in my text file submission.

I do need some help though as I can’t seem to figure out how to designate a specific input and output combo for a particular activity. As an example, in my activity setup I’d like to be able to choose one of the following:

1. OutputTX0 - Input0
2. OutputTX0 - Input1
3. OutputTX0 - Input2
4. OutputTX0 - Input3
5. OutputTX1 - Input0
6. OutputTX1 - Input1
7. OutputTX1 - Input2
8. OutputTX1 - Input3

Unfortunately, its not clear how to designate activities this way. All I’m able to choose is a specific input during setup - not a particular output. I’ve attached screenshots to illustrate. I’ve also attached screenshots to show how my old 4k Ezcoo switch was setup in Harmony’s database.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	775FA384-FE8B-4839-871E-BD82156243F9.png
Views:	18
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	2589538   Click image for larger version

Name:	91F15F34-2FB7-45D4-9146-6824EF9AEB24.png
Views:	16
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	2589540   Click image for larger version

Name:	E1DC63DD-3899-4E83-A630-4125005DED31.png
Views:	14
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	2589542   Click image for larger version

Name:	B0AF09B2-51E1-4EC5-929B-EB1552E3D43C.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2589544  

Rec Room: JVC x790 w/120" Silver Ticket screen, Denon x4400H 5.1.4 with Kef Q100 L/R, Q200 centre, T101 surrounds, Ci160er rear atmos, Energy Rc-Mini - front atmos, SVS PC-2000. Family Room: LG 65B7P OLED, Denon x1500H 5.1 - Kef Q500, Q200c, Energy v-mini - surrounds. Extra Gear: X-Rite i1Display Pro, Calman Home Enthusiast, HDFury Vertex2, & HTPC w/2080 Ti.
post #143 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Hi Seryl,

We have a test firmware for your Sony standby issue (and any android TV standby issue), i'll send via PM. please check it.

Thank you, it is working perfectly so far. The Samsung TV has been on for almost 4 hours now with no dropouts and the Sony TV has been off the entire time. Looking like a winner. My deepest thanks to you and the gang for getting a fix to me so fast.
HDfury likes this.
post #144 of 399 Old 07-10-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Harmony support added my codes within 30 minutes. Very impressed. However, I think they may have added the Vertex2 codes I sent to their database and not just my account. If they did, be forewarned, I deleted the 100 EDID codes in my text file submission.

I do need some help though as I can’t seem to figure out how to designate a specific input and output combo for a particular activity. As an example, in my activity setup I’d like to be able to choose one of the following:

1. OutputTX0 - Input0
2. OutputTX0 - Input1
3. OutputTX0 - Input2
4. OutputTX0 - Input3
5. OutputTX1 - Input0
6. OutputTX1 - Input1
7. OutputTX1 - Input2
8. OutputTX1 - Input3

Unfortunately, its not clear how to designate activities this way. All I’m able to choose is a specific input during setup - not a particular output. I’ve attached screenshots to illustrate. I’ve also attached screenshots to show how my old 4k Ezcoo switch was setup in Harmony’s database.

0x means tx0 will be port0 and port1 is whatever it was
x3 means that tx0 remains and tx1 will be port3
And the normal previous 0 ,1, 2 ,3 just mean that both will switch to that channel

so 0x, 1x, 2x , 3x will assign the numbered input to TX0 while not doing any change to TX1
x0, x1, x2, x3 will assign the numbered input to TX1 while not doing any changes to TX0
> that's how you control both separately

and normal input switch selection 0,1,2,3 then switch each input to both channels. which is what you have set apparently.

I don't know how it could be easier than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryl View Post
Thank you, it is working perfectly so far. The Samsung TV has been on for almost 4 hours now with no dropouts and the Sony TV has been off the entire time. Looking like a winner. My deepest thanks to you and the gang for getting a fix to me so fast.

You welcome ,that's good to hear, thank you for the testing.
Will be on next update !
JonnyVee likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 07-10-2019 at 05:44 PM.
post #145 of 399 Old 07-11-2019, 03:51 AM

Quote:
0x means tx0 will be port0 and port1 is whatever it was
x3 means that tx0 remains and tx1 will be port3
And the normal previous 0 ,1, 2 ,3 just mean that both will switch to that channel

so 0x, 1x, 2x , 3x will assign the numbered input to TX0 while not doing any change to TX1
x0, x1, x2, x3 will assign the numbered input to TX1 while not doing any changes to TX0
> that's how you control both separately

and normal input switch selection 0,1,2,3 then switch each input to both channels. which is what you have set apparently.

I don't know how it could be easier than that.
That helps. So they pair up like this?:

1. OutputTX0_Input0 (vertex2_inputsel0x)
2. OutputTX0_Input1 (vertex2_inputsel1x)
3. OutputTX0_Input2 (vertex2_inputsel2x)
4. OutputTX0_Input3 (vertex2_inputsel3x)
5. OutputTX1_Input0 (vertex2_inputselx0)
6. OutputTX1_Input1 (vertex2_inputselx1)
7. OutputTX1_Input2 (vertex2_inputselx2)
8. OutputTX1_Input3 (vertex2_inputselx3)
9. OutputTX0TX1_Input0 (vertex2_inputsel0)
10. OutputTX0TX1_Input1(vertex2_inputsel1)
11. OutputTX0TX1_Input2 (vertex2_inputsel2)
12 OutputTX0TX1_Input3 (vertex2_inputsel3)

Thank you!

Now I just have to figure out the JVC macros. I tried yesterday and the JVC was not auto switching picture modes. However, I have some trouble shooting on my end first. I’m on v25

post #146 of 399 Old 07-11-2019, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That helps. So they pair up like this?:

1. OutputTX0_Input0 (vertex2_inputsel0x)
2. OutputTX0_Input1 (vertex2_inputsel1x)
3. OutputTX0_Input2 (vertex2_inputsel2x)
4. OutputTX0_Input3 (vertex2_inputsel3x)
5. OutputTX1_Input0 (vertex2_inputselx0)
6. OutputTX1_Input1 (vertex2_inputselx1)
7. OutputTX1_Input2 (vertex2_inputselx2)
8. OutputTX1_Input3 (vertex2_inputselx3)
9. OutputTX0TX1_Input0 (vertex2_inputsel0)
10. OutputTX0TX1_Input1(vertex2_inputsel1)
11. OutputTX0TX1_Input2 (vertex2_inputsel2)
12 OutputTX0TX1_Input3 (vertex2_inputsel3)

Thank you!

Now I just have to figure out the JVC macros. I tried yesterday and the JVC was not auto switching picture modes. However, I have some trouble shooting on my end first. I’m on v25

Yes that's correct for IR codes.

For JVC, refer to manni post about it (there is a link in usermanual to it), make sure the sync time is correctly set. if it's too short, then display will discard the RS232 instructions, so start with a safe value and then reduce it till RS232 commands are sent approximately a couple of seconds after PJ resolves the signal.
DrMichael likes this.

post #147 of 399 Old 07-12-2019, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Vertex² FW0.26

This update is only mandatory if you have Android TV making issue in standby mode.
We have already confirmed with a few owners of such TV that the fix is working fine for them,
However we are interested in knowing if other setup, not concerned and working fine previously still continue to operate normally with that Android solution implemented.
Therefor anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

####> What's new/fixed in 0.26

1. Added Fix for Android TV and Sony TV standby issues.

2. Corrected inaccurate HDCP reporting when changing HDCP on the fly from PS4

Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_26.zip

post #148 of 399 Old 07-12-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Yes that's correct for IR codes.

For JVC, refer to manni post about it (there is a link in usermanual to it), make sure the sync time is correctly set. if it's too short, then display will discard the RS232 instructions, so start with a safe value and then reduce it till RS232 commands are sent approximately a couple of seconds after PJ resolves the signal.
I got the JVC macros working, just had to change the sync time to 20 seconds. However, after autoswitching from HDR back to REC-709 the Vertex OSD would not stop displaying. I'll try reproducing later this weekend and send a log file.

I also was in touch with Logitech. The input selection for a Activity was only giving "inputsel0, 1, 2 and 3" as options during setup (simultaneous to both displays). They've now emailed me and have included all 12 combinations - I haven't tested yet, but I'll setup and try it later tonight.

post #149 of 399 Old 07-12-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got the JVC macros working, just had to change the sync time to 20 seconds. However, after autoswitching from HDR back to REC-709 the Vertex OSD would not stop displaying. I'll try reproducing later this weekend and send a log file.

I also was in touch with Logitech. The input selection for a Activity was only giving "inputsel0, 1, 2 and 3" as options during setup (simultaneous to both displays). They've now emailed me and have included all 12 combinations - I haven't tested yet, but I'll setup and try it later tonight.

What is the source ?

May be try Ignore metadata change in OSD> OSD info flags, may be the source keep sending eotf0 metadata when it goes off HDR mode.

post #150 of 399 Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
What is the source ?

May be try Ignore metadata change in OSD> OSD info flags, may be the source keep sending eotf0 metadata when it goes off HDR mode.
I'll try that.

Source was an Xbox One X and was occurring via Netflix and Plex. It appeared first when using the Netflix app, but would not clear when switching 709 and BT2020 content in Plex. However, I was able to clear it by unchecking the show OSD box via the web gui- a reboot of the vertex did not fix the issue either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page