HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes

post #151 of 389 Old 07-12-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4391 Post(s)
Liked: 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyVee View Post
I'll try that.

Source was an Xbox One X and was occurring via Netflix and Plex. It appeared first when using the Netflix app, but would not clear when switching 709 and BT2020 content in Plex. However, I was able to clear it by unchecking the show OSD box via the web gui- a reboot of the vertex did not fix the issue either.
Strange that X1X would do that, metadata changes during playback is mainly specific to atv4k only
If you don't need OSD then that is fine, if OSD needed, export config when it happens so we can check it

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 389 Old 07-12-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Because such tech VRR/ALLM are made to work from source to display only, you cannot have any men in the middle when using them, and if you do, it won't support high fluctuations without dropping, such tech have never been made to be used otherwise than directly with eARC TV. that's why early adopters get screwed again when they have HDMI2.1 TV without eARC support (new Samsung TV) or ALLM/VRR monitor without eARC support.

You will find some AVR in the future and may be now already, that claim they can be inserted in the middle, but if you look the specs they only accept very slight fluctuation of frame rate and therefor will kill the purpose of the feature in the first place.

If TV is eARC then to get VRR/ALLM working you need direct connection SOURCE ALLM/VRR> TV ALLM/VRR and TV eARC to AVR.

So the question here is ... is the Pioneer ELITE eARC capable ? if no, then: SOURCES TO TV, ARC INPUT of TV to Vertex2 TX0 output, AUDIO out of Vertex2 to AVR input.
I don't understand the way you wrote your chain description such as > TX0 > RX0... not sure why TX0 output, should go back to RX0 input, that is a loop that makes little sense

Also for any issue, you guys should include your config export, because even if you forget info or description is hard to get, we can deduct most of it from config files and that save time for every one. you have less to describe, we have less to guess. thanx.

I changed my configuration to what you suggested and that does work. But, I'm not able to utilize any Vertex2 video features because I'm bypassing it. And I need multiple devices into Vertex2 with one output to the TV.

As I mentioned before, I purchased the Vertex2 (the successor to the Vertex) based on it's features. I understand what you meant by "men in the middle", but the HDFury website states that the Vertex could do ALLM & VRR and that the Vertex2 has all legacy features and more.

From the HDFury website:
Vertex2 Description states: "All HDfury legacy features remain present"

Vertex Description states: "HDMI2.1 features such as Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh Rate are supported for EDID signaling and source detection."

Please help me to understand why it's stated that is should be able to accommodate those features, but you're saying it can not without eARC support? My LG75SM9070 does support eARC on HDMI2.

Also, I apologize for my input path description. I was using "RX0" as the receive device i.e. my TV LG75SM9070. It was not looped back into the Vertex2.

How I'd like to use the Vertex 2:
Xbox One X -> (in 0) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
Pioneer Elite LX500 -> (in 1) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
Playstation 4 -> (in 2) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
Analog Super nT -> (in 3) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
---------------------------------------------------> Vertex² (Audio out)-> Pioneer Elite SC-99 AVR
post #153 of 389 Old 07-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Logitech was able to add the input/output correctly (see attached), but I think the Vertex2 has a bug or I have an incorrect setting. When I setup activities for all the inputs on TX1 (Denon x4400-JVC projector) as so ...

OutputTX1_Input0 (vertex2_inputselx0) - HTPC
OutputTX1_Input1 (vertex2_inputselx1) - Xbox
OutputTX1_Input2 (vertex2_inputselx2) - PS4
OutputTX1_Input3 (vertex2_inputselx3) - Fire TV

.... it works and when a particular activity is selected for TX1 the Vertex switches to the appropriate input and TX0 (Denon x1500 - LG TV) does not switch to the same input. However, what is happening is the Vertex is still sending a signal through TX0 to stay on the same input and not change.

What this signal from TX0 causes is the Denon x1500 to switch inputs to the Vertex input and the TV to switch to the Denon input as well. So if my wife is watching TV on the LG TV’s built in app (Sling TV or over the air TV) and I activate an activity on the JVC that changes inputs on TX1, the LG and Denon will auto switch to the Vertex.

Does that make sense?

What should happen if I use a x0,1,2, or 3 command is a signal should only go to TX1. No signal should go through TX0 ... and the same for the 0x, 1x, 2x and 3x commands - but signal for TX0 only.

The only time both should get signals is if inputsel0, 1,2,3 are used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30FFC39D-3647-43E1-AF09-87ABEA434F40.png
Views:	10
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	2590132  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Config.txt (10.4 KB, 2 views)

Rec Room: JVC x790 w/120" Silver Ticket screen, Denon x4400H 5.1.4 with Kef Q100 L/R, Q200 centre, T101 surrounds, Ci160er rear atmos, Energy Rc-Mini - front atmos, SVS PC-2000. Family Room: LG 65B7P OLED, Denon x1500H 5.1 - Kef Q500, Q200c, Energy v-mini - surrounds. Extra Gear: X-Rite i1Display Pro, Calman Home Enthusiast, HDFury Vertex2, & HTPC w/2080 Ti.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 389 Old 07-12-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx524 View Post
I changed my configuration to what you suggested and that does work. But, I'm not able to utilize any Vertex2 video features because I'm bypassing it. And I need multiple devices into Vertex2 with one output to the TV.

As I mentioned before, I purchased the Vertex2 (the successor to the Vertex) based on it's features. I understand what you meant by "men in the middle", but the HDFury website states that the Vertex could do ALLM & VRR and that the Vertex2 has all legacy features and more.

From the HDFury website:
Vertex2 Description states: "All HDfury legacy features remain present"

Vertex Description states: "HDMI2.1 features such as Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh Rate are supported for EDID signaling and source detection."

Please help me to understand why it's stated that is should be able to accommodate those features, but you're saying it can not without eARC support? My LG75SM9070 does support eARC on HDMI2.

Also, I apologize for my input path description. I was using "RX0" as the receive device i.e. my TV LG75SM9070. It was not looped back into the Vertex2.

How I'd like to use the Vertex 2:
Xbox One X -> (in 0) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
Pioneer Elite LX500 -> (in 1) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
Playstation 4 -> (in 2) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
Analog Super nT -> (in 3) Vertex² (out TX0) -> LG 75SM9070
---------------------------------------------------> Vertex² (Audio out)-> Pioneer Elite SC-99 AVR

Yes you can do how you suggested but not for VRR/ALLM/GSYNC/FREESYNC and whatever variable refresh mode "tech" out there.
Since if you read me correctly such tech only can work from source > display, not device in the middle can support fluctuations or very slightly > killing the purpose of such variable refresh mode.

"Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh Rate are supported for EDID signaling and source detection." > What you do not understand in this sentence ? EDID signaling ? source detection ?
Our devices are used by studio, content creator and most big companies out there for testing purposes and that sentence is targeted for them. They can test such EDID capability with our devices and that does not mean you can PLAY with it since that's NOT how such tech work.

IF you have eARC TV then good ! all sources with ALLM/VRR/etc.. to eARC TV and then our devices can extract eARC sound and forward to your AVR input... make sure you get used to it because in a year or so that will be the way people use anything, SOURCE > TV > eARC > AVR

Quote:
Logitech was able to add the input/output correctly (see attached), but I think the Vertex2 has a bug or I have an incorrect setting. When I setup activities for all the inputs on TX1 (Denon x4400-JVC projector) as so ...

OutputTX1_Input0 (vertex2_inputselx0) - HTPC
OutputTX1_Input1 (vertex2_inputselx1) - Xbox
OutputTX1_Input2 (vertex2_inputselx2) - PS4
OutputTX1_Input3 (vertex2_inputselx3) - Fire TV

.... it works and when a particular activity is selected for TX1 the Vertex switches to the appropriate input and TX0 (Denon x1500 - LG TV) does not switch to the same input. However, what is happening is the Vertex is still sending a signal through TX0 to stay on the same input and not change.

What this signal from TX0 causes is the Denon x1500 to switch inputs to the Vertex input and the TV to switch to the Denon input as well. So if my wife is watching TV on the LG TV’s built in app (Sling TV or over the air TV) and I activate an activity on the JVC that changes inputs on TX1, the LG and Denon will auto switch to the Vertex.

Does that make sense?

What should happen if I use a x0,1,2, or 3 command is a signal should only go to TX1. No signal should go through TX0 ... and the same for the 0x, 1x, 2x and 3x commands - but signal for TX0 only.

The only time both should get signals is if inputsel0, 1,2,3 are used.

No it's not clear, do you mean there is HPD event ? if so that's normal you are switching to another source.
If you want one output already in use and not concerned by the source switching to not resync at the same time, we already wrote we will add such feature, so just be patient.

If you mean something else, then just try re explain please, thanx.

Or may be you are talking about cec switching ? if so then just set your CEC correctly on your other devices, nothing to do with our devices here.
Or may be you want to CUT OFF one output completely ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 07-12-2019 at 04:55 PM.
post #155 of 389 Old 07-13-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Yes that is typical sony standby issue as you can read here (translate in English with browser if you don't read german): https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/42?nobounce

The good news is that Vertex2 and Diva will have solution for those TVs standby mode (and therefor fix for any Android TV issue in standby)
The bad news is that the fix is not yet on current firmware, it should arrive in a few days for both Vertex2 and Diva.

So bottom line: please be patient, we are on it and it's at the corner.
No other devices have or will have any solution for such standby issue from Android TV for a while.
After turning off my LG TV (TX0) I was also getting this same behavior of signal resyncs on TX1. I’ll update to v26 to see if this fixes my dropouts as well.

Edit: It was the Denon x1500 connected to TX0 that was off

Quote:
this is normal behavior at the moment. If user is in automix mode then its clear the EDID gets remixed and input will be hotplugged and this results in tx1 to blank as well
however if user is in other than automix there is also a remix for the CEC physical address, this is something that I suppose we could put under some setting enable/disable assuming that if CEC network screws up it doesn't matter if user isn't using CEC anyway but right now we keep it on at all times to remove all this confusion around CEC

So we can add such option and then you can unplug tx1 and it won't affect the tx0 in any way (if not in automix) it would be similar then when unplugging tx0 it would have no effect on tx1but as I said, it screws up cec

You guys want that ?
Quote:
No it's not clear, do you mean there is HPD event ? if so that's normal you are switching to another source.
If you want one output already in use and not concerned by the source switching to not resync at the same time, we already wrote we will add such feature, so just be patient.

If you mean something else, then just try re explain please, thanx.
After rereading the thread, I think its the resync that’s causing my issue.

My chain for TX0 is as follows:

1. Vertex TX0 ->input 1 Denon x1500 -> Denon HDMI output -> LGTV
2. Nintendo Switch -> input 2 Denon x1500 -> Denon HDMi output -> LGTV
3. LGTV apps and OTA TV signal -> Denon HDMI output/ARC channel

So the LGTV is not using the Vertex 100% of the time. If we’re watching OTA or playing Nintendo, Vertex is not in my LGTV usage chain.

However, when I change inputs on TX1 (JVC Projector) via x0, x1, x2, or x3 commands, if the Nintendo Switch or OTA TV is being watched on the LGTV, the Denon will autoswitch to input 1 when the Vertex sends a resync signal. Obviously a little disruptive for the person watching TV on the LG Oled.

I hope that helps explain.

Rec Room: JVC x790 w/120" Silver Ticket screen, Denon x4400H 5.1.4 with Kef Q100 L/R, Q200 centre, T101 surrounds, Ci160er rear atmos, Energy Rc-Mini - front atmos, SVS PC-2000. Family Room: LG 65B7P OLED, Denon x1500H 5.1 - Kef Q500, Q200c, Energy v-mini - surrounds. Extra Gear: X-Rite i1Display Pro, Calman Home Enthusiast, HDFury Vertex2, & HTPC w/2080 Ti.

Last edited by JonnyVee; 07-13-2019 at 04:59 AM.
post #156 of 389 Old 07-13-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
After turning off my LG TV (TX0) I was also getting this same behavior of signal resyncs on TX1. I’ll update to v26 to see if this fixes my dropouts as well.

Edit: It was the Denon x1500 connected to TX0 that was off.
0.26 have fix for Android TV, mostly Sony one, LG doesn't have such behavior so that cannot be the case here.

Quote:

After rereading the thread, I think its the resync that’s causing my issue.

My chain for TX0 is as follows:

1. Vertex TX0 ->input 1 Denon x1500 -> Denon HDMI output -> LGTV
2. Nintendo Switch -> input 2 Denon x1500 -> Denon HDMi output -> LGTV
3. LGTV apps and OTA TV signal -> Denon HDMI output/ARC channel

So the LGTV is not using the Vertex 100% of the time. If we’re watching OTA or playing Nintendo, Vertex is not in my LGTV usage chain.

However, when I change inputs on TX1 (JVC Projector) via x0, x1, x2, or x3 commands, if the Nintendo Switch or OTA TV is being watched on the LGTV, the Denon will autoswitch to input 1 when the Vertex sends a resync signal. Obviously a little disruptive for the person watching TV on the LG Oled.

I hope that helps explain.
Sorry still very confusing, you should describe the whole setup with everything involved and not just a part of it.
Anyway, that sounds like CEC switching, so turn off CEC on TV/AVR if you don't use it and if you use it, then connect differently, like AVR to AUDIO OUT and JVC to TX1 and LG to TX0, use Vertex2 to retrieve ARC/eARC and forward to your AVR.

Last edited by HDfury; 07-13-2019 at 06:34 AM.
post #157 of 389 Old 07-13-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
0.26 have fix for Android TV, mostly Sony one, LG doesn't have such behavior so that cannot be the case here.

Sorry still very confusing, you should describe the whole setup with everything involved and not just a part of it.
Anyway, that sounds like CEC switching, so turn off CEC on TV/AVR if you don't use it and if you use it, then connect differently, like AVR to AUDIO OUT and JVC to TX1 and LG to TX0, use Vertex2 to retrieve ARC/eARC and forward to your AVR.
Here’s my full setup...

- Input 0: HTPC
- Input 1: Xbox One X
- Input 2: PS4 Pro
- input 3: Fire TV stick 4k

- TX 0: Denon x1500 —> LG OLED B7
- TX 1: Denon x4400 —> JVC X790

The Denon x1500-LG TV also has the following which is outside the Vertex setup

- Nintendo Switch -> input 2 Denon x1500 -> Denon HDMi output -> LGTV
- LGTV apps and OTA TV signal -> Denon HDMI output/ARC channel

I have set up activities on the Harmony for all inputs for the JVC only (x0... etc).

... Figured out what was causing the issue and it was the Fire TV activity on the JVC! ...

1. The autoswitch on the LGTV/Denon x1500 (TX0) was only happening when the JVC FireTV (TX1) activity was being activated.

2. No auto switch on TX0 equipment when changing inputs on TX1 to Xbox or PS4 via Harmony activities.

3. Looked into the FireTV has an “equipment control” setting that was set to automatic and the Logitech activity had a Fire TV “home” command in the start up sequence. I turned off equipment control and removed the “home” command. That fixed the issue If I add the “home” command back in, the auto switch reappears.

Now how or why the FireTV activity on TX1 was able to affect the TX0 signal, when the Xbox and PS4 don’t, is unknown to me.

Last edited by JonnyVee; 07-14-2019 at 02:42 AM.
post #158 of 389 Old 07-13-2019, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
HDFury - can you please tell me if my setup is correct. Please see the attached pic

I am not using HDMI TX1 (I am just using 1 x TV)

I use HDMI Audio Out on the Vertex2 to my Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar, as it does not pass through HDR.

Do I need to set AUTOSWITCH INPUTS to ON and AUTOSWITCH PRIORITY to On?

What EDID should i set. Currently I have it set as: Custom - Input 0 EDID #11. INPUTS 1-3 are set to: 0 - Follow INPUT 0. Is this correct?

I am using a Harmony Elite remote control.

Can you please advise if my setup if optimal and if I'm getting everything i need.

Also, other people are uploading images of their Harmony remote setup indicating more than the 4 x inputs as selectable in the Harmony App (Eg: 0, 0X, 1, 1X etc). In my Harmony devices, the Vertex2 does not have all these inputs. It just has Inputs 0,1,2,3 as selectable. Am I missing anything here??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertex2 Home Theatre Configuration.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2590496  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vertex2 Home Theatre Configuration.pdf (132.2 KB, 8 views)
post #159 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango8 View Post
Also, other people are uploading images of their Harmony remote setup indicating more than the 4 x inputs as selectable in the Harmony App (Eg: 0, 0X, 1, 1X etc). In my Harmony devices, the Vertex2 does not have all these inputs. It just has Inputs 0,1,2,3 as selectable. Am I missing anything here??
I had the same initially.

You have to contact Harmony support via email to have it adjusted. Ask to have the 12 codes in the attachment added for input selection for activity setup.
Attached Files
File Type: txt vertex2_ir_codes_0x96_070319_inputOutputselect.txt (4.9 KB, 8 views)
HDfury likes this.

post #160 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sony/Android TV fix > Custom EDID

I forgot to mention previously that Sony/Android TV fix only works when using CUSTOM EDID mode, it does not work in AUTOMIX mode.
So if you have Sony TV making issue in standby mode and using AUTOMIX, just save your AUTOMIX EDID (READ RX EDID once unit is booted to save the edid.bin file and then load it back as custom EDID in any of the first 10 slots)
We will later provide update that override the custom EDID name, so it becomes more obvious to see where and if the saved automix edid is loaded correctly, currently top 10 slots will keep their names as they are when you upload/override with another edid file.

post #161 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango8 View Post
HDFury - can you please tell me if my setup is correct. Please see the attached pic

I am not using HDMI TX1 (I am just using 1 x TV)

I use HDMI Audio Out on the Vertex2 to my Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar, as it does not pass through HDR.

Do I need to set AUTOSWITCH INPUTS to ON and AUTOSWITCH PRIORITY to On?

What EDID should i set. Currently I have it set as: Custom - Input 0 EDID #11. INPUTS 1-3 are set to: 0 - Follow INPUT 0. Is this correct?

I am using a Harmony Elite remote control.

Can you please advise if my setup if optimal and if I'm getting everything i need.

That is not enough information to determine if setup is optimal or not. Best is always config export (webserver > config > config export) and post it as attachment in your reply.
If you plan to switch input manually with harmony, then no need of input priority or autoswitch, just use them if you don't want to switch manually with harmony.

Default Custom EDID is only good IF: you don't use Dolby Vision in your setup AND your soundbar/AVR support any Audio format in existence.
If you need DV or if AVR/soundbar does not support all audio format (means sometime with some source/content the sound is not correct when using default custom EDID), then use AUTOMIX.
Once AUTOMIX works, you can always save the mixed EDID (READ RX EDID) and save it as bin file to load it back as custom EDID.

post #162 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 9
@HDfury is there a way to send a specific CEC or otherwise a command to my Samsung HW-Q90 soundbar connected to vertex2 Audio output to put itself into Game Mode, depending on specific inputs? 1-2 game mode off, 3-4 game mode on. Would be fine for me if I have to program it via serial port or lan too.

According to Samsung, if you combine the bar with a 2019 Samsung TV, if the TV goes into Game mode, the soundbar goes too, and visa versa. I suspect that is ALLM.
post #163 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proza View Post
@HDfury is there a way to send a specific CEC or otherwise a command to my Samsung HW-Q90 soundbar connected to vertex2 Audio output to put itself into Game Mode, depending on specific inputs? 1-2 game mode off, 3-4 game mode on. Would be fine for me if I have to program it via serial port or lan too.

According to Samsung, if you combine the bar with a 2019 Samsung TV, if the TV goes into Game mode, the soundbar goes too, and visa versa. I suspect that is ALLM.
That's a misunderstanding of how CEC works (I mean the simple fact that you ask such question show the misunderstanding), it's crazy that this old cec tech is still not understood properly by mostly anyone in AV.
in CEC TV is ROOT and everything fall down from there like a reverse tree, so if you want TV to talk to soundbar, or TV to even see sound bar in CEC then soundbar output must be connected to TV input.
Any devices that have multiple output ONLY have one CEC master output, and CEC cannot go from TV to downstream device and then go from there to an upstream device and an other device that would be at another output, that's simply not how cec works.
CEC is always from TV root to devices connected to it (and only CEC master output from a device with multiple output will work for it) and once it goes thru a CEC master output of a device, it can only see/control/talk to devices at the inputs of that same device.

Now regarding ALLM, if soundbar is at audio out, the source signal does NOT go thru it, so I don't see the point in putting soundbar in low latency mode since the signal is not going thru it. I mean, it won't help in anything, except if there is some delay and audio is a bit late compared to video, but then you can set this manually once for all. so I'm not sure if what you are chasing here makes much sense.

Last edited by HDfury; 07-14-2019 at 07:38 AM.
post #164 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 07:42 AM

Alright, so I guess thats a no then? I cant send a command from vertex to avr output to enable the Game pro mode on my soundbar, like a Samsung tv can? Odd, since for all intents and purposes I would say from the perspective of my avr, the vertex is my tv/master.

Im not asking for an Xbox or a Samsung tv to switch it through a vertex, just if I can instruct the vertex to instruct the avr to enable its game pro mode. I dont even have a Samsung tv, it’s an lg oled
post #165 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 AM

The main reason I’m chasing it is that it does special processing and upscaling channels specially for games. It’s a 7.1.4 Atmos system, so it can upscale 5.1 and 7.1 sound.
Turning this on and off manually when i switch between gaming and tv is just super annoying. Especially since it’s not an on/off switch but a cycle between all sound modes.

One of the reasons why I own such an expensive Vertex 2 is to do the seemingly impossible. I thought that’s what it is all about.
post #166 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Alright, so I guess thats a no then? I cant send a command from vertex to avr output to enable the Game pro mode on my soundbar, like a Samsung tv can? Odd, since for all intents and purposes I would say from the perspective of my avr, the vertex is my tv/master.

Im not asking for an Xbox or a Samsung tv to switch it through a vertex, just if I can instruct the vertex to instruct the avr to enable its game pro mode. I dont even have a Samsung tv, it’s an lg oled

Can you please read me again or if don't read me well because my English is bad, please google HOW CEC WORKS, then you will understand that ANY DEVICE with multiple output ONLY HAVE one CEC master output, so how do you want AUDIO out to instruct anything when only TX0 can instruct anything ? Got it ?
In all cases, for your soundbar to receive any commands of any kind it's OUTPUT must be connected to TV. That's how CEC works.
Now you said Samsung TV send a command to soundbar, do you even know what/which command ?

Forget your AVR perspective, in CEC TV is ROOT, a device with OUTPUT CANNOT BE ROOT in CEC. just read how it works please. That's actually why CEC NETWORK MAP is on TV, because it is the root. so it read all ramifications and create the CEC network map.
If you are not in the CEC network map, then you are not capable of sending/received anything by CEC, and your soundbar won't be in CEC network map unless it's output is connected to TV

Quote:
The main reason I’m chasing it is that it does special processing and upscaling channels specially for games. It’s a 7.1.4 Atmos system, so it can upscale 5.1 and 7.1 sound.
Turning this on and off manually when i switch between gaming and tv is just super annoying. Especially since it’s not an on/off switch but a cycle between all sound modes.

And does that processing makes the audio late ? because I still do not get the point to do that as long as audio is in line with video.
And if not, then you still need soundbar output to TV input and you still need to know the command to turn ALLM ON/OFF on soundbar.
May be it's easier to automate that with harmony or such universal remote, when harmony turns on game system, then it also put soundbar and TV in game mode.
At least that is a working solution until you know which commands need to be sent to put soundbar in game mode.

Last edited by HDfury; 07-14-2019 at 08:02 AM.
post #167 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 AM

It’s not so much about the latency but the upscaling, I just mention allm because I think it’s connected and maybe they do both. I have no idea what command it is, i was hoping you may have an idea. I’m not the expert here, that’s why I ask for help.

I guess I will try to do it with harmony but the Samsung soundbars are notorious for f’ed up cycle commands that never put you on the option you want it to be, at least it makes input cycling totally worthless.
post #168 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It’s not so much about the latency but the upscaling, I just mention allm because I think it’s connected and maybe they do both. I have no idea what command it is, i was hoping you may have an idea. I’m not the expert here, that’s why I ask for help.

I guess I will try to do it with harmony but the Samsung soundbars are notorious for f’ed up cycle commands that never put you on the option you want it to be, at least it makes input cycling totally worthless.

If you don't have any idea about the command being sent by Samsung Tv to Samsung soundbar, then we are in a guessing game here. Are we even sure that this is done by CEC ?
It would then be required to sniff cec traffic between Samsung TV and soundbar and isolate that command and I doubt we have both in our lab, so that would need a dedicated purchase and if so, we need many users backing/wanting this to consider it.
We cannot buy new equipment just to add one new feature for one customer, hope you understand that.
This is why I always wrote that user who like our work should share and talk about us to friends, forums, social media, etc.. because more users, more features can be done.
I know some users are interested by sending custom command based on event, that is something we will try in the future by expanding our macro feature and logic to support and trigger more things.
However, even if that is done, one still need to know the exact command to send. (and still need output of sounbar going to TV in your case, otherwise it is not part of cec network map and cannot send/receive any commands)

post #169 of 389 Old 07-14-2019, 03:04 PM

Thanks.

As of 0.26 (upgraded from 0.24), there seems to be an IR code conflict with Samsung soundbars., I have q90r but afaik n950 and k950 have same codes.

Pressing Woofer + or -, seems to issue hot plug on Vertex2. At least the behavior is similar and can’t find other changes in UI atm. (Happens with soundbar on or off)

Happens on Original Samsung remote on long press, but on Harmony on any press.

Actually strange enough it seems any button on that remote 😕
The problem went away since I restarted the vertex.

Last edited by proza; 07-14-2019 at 03:11 PM.
post #170 of 389 Old 07-15-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks.

As of 0.26 (upgraded from 0.24), there seems to be an IR code conflict with Samsung soundbars.
Thank you planting the seed.

@HDfury

The issue with the auto-switching on TX0 with the FireTV activity is an IR conflict. Anytime the FireTV sends a “Home” command via Harmony, the vertex2 will send a command through TX0 and my Denon switches to the Vertex input.

The vertex device stays on the same input and does not change, so it is NOT sending a 0, x0, or 0x type of command.

post #171 of 389 Old 07-15-2019, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks.

As of 0.26 (upgraded from 0.24), there seems to be an IR code conflict with Samsung soundbars., I have q90r but afaik n950 and k950 have same codes.

Pressing Woofer + or -, seems to issue hot plug on Vertex2. At least the behavior is similar and can’t find other changes in UI atm. (Happens with soundbar on or off)

To verify IR conflict, COVER the Vertex2 IR eyes or go in webserver > config > turn OFF IR and then see if it happens again.

Quote:
Thank you planting the seed.

@HDfury

The issue with the auto-switching on TX0 with the FireTV activity is an IR conflict. Anytime the FireTV sends a “Home” command via Harmony, the vertex2 will send a command through TX0 and my Denon switches to the Vertex input.

The vertex device stays on the same input and does not change, so it is NOT sending a 0, x0, or 0x type of command.
Actually the guy does not seem to have IR issue, if you think you have please verify with above method, turn OFF IR or cover IR eyes to confirm it's the case.
It looks like CEC switching so far to me, so do above test to confirm please

post #172 of 389 Old 07-15-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
I forgot to mention previously that Sony/Android TV fix only works when using CUSTOM EDID mode, it does not work in AUTOMIX mode.
So if you have Sony TV making issue in standby mode and using AUTOMIX, just save your AUTOMIX EDID (READ RX EDID once unit is booted to save the edid.bin file and then load it back as custom EDID in any of the first 10 slots)
We will later provide update that override the custom EDID name, so it becomes more obvious to see where and if the saved automix edid is loaded correctly, currently top 10 slots will keep their names as they are when you upload/override with another edid file.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly, ironing out one last small issue.

Also, I thought I would mention how much I like the Web Server on the Vertex 2. It's snappy and has none of the quirkiness that appliance webpages sometimes have. So well done and handy.
HDfury likes this.
post #173 of 389 Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Just want to mention that HDFury kindly will add a feature to mute audio for short amount of time when switching between audio formats. Switching formats introduces popping noises in my soundbar. This 'fixes' sources which do not mute the audio when switching formats.

Awesome support as always! I'll be ready to test it as soon as the dev's roll it out in an update.

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer -- Apple TV 4K -- WD LIVE TV gen 3.
post #174 of 389 Old 07-16-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 14
@HDfury , unfortunately the problem I had previously doesn't appear to be fixed.

I've turned on my HTPC and there was no signal on the TV. The web gui also showed no signal. However, after rebooting the Vertex2 the video was displayed immediately.

I have attached my config before and after the Vertex2 reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: txt after.txt (10.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt before.txt (10.0 KB, 5 views)
post #175 of 389 Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
Just want to mention that HDFury kindly will add a feature to mute audio for short amount of time when switching between audio formats. Switching formats introduces popping noises in my soundbar. This 'fixes' sources which do not mute the audio when switching formats.

Awesome support as always! I'll be ready to test it as soon as the dev's roll it out in an update.

Yes we will try to make any sources behave like an OPPO203 when connected at our devices inputs, but please be patient, still chasing a few others things that makes issue in some setup atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
@HDfury, unfortunately the problem I had previously doesn't appear to be fixed.

I've turned on my HTPC and there was no signal on the TV. The web gui also showed no signal. However, after rebooting the Vertex2 the video was displayed immediately.

I have attached my config before and after the Vertex2 reboot.

Please always add link to previous post where you described issue.
I suppose this happens when PC bootup and not if pc is already in windows.

If so, can you give me your GPU model and also see message I sent on discord server please.

post #176 of 389 Old 07-16-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
To verify IR conflict, COVER the Vertex2 IR eyes or go in webserver > config > turn OFF IR and then see if it happens again.

Actually the guy does not seem to have IR issue, if you think you have please verify with above method, turn OFF IR or cover IR eyes to confirm it's the case.
It looks like CEC switching so far to me, so do above test to confirm please
So the Vertex has nothing to do with the auto-switching. It’s the FireTV all on its own and i Confirmed it by using just the FireTV remote. Just coincidental that I found out about it at the same time I started using the Vertex. Thank you for the help.

post #177 of 389 Old 07-20-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.

Pressing Woofer + or -, seems to issue hot plug on Vertex2. At least the behavior is similar and can’️t find other changes in UI atm. (Happens with soundbar on or off)

Confirmed. After about 24hrs of operation, the vertex appears to do a hot plug when I hit buttons on my Samsung hw-q90r remote, usually the sub +- but I think also others.
If I turn off ir, the problem disappears, if I enable it again, the problem starts again.
When I reset the vertex, it disappears again, until give or take 24hrs.

Now that’s super weird 😕
post #178 of 389 Old 07-20-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm still having black screen problems with my Vertex2. It's happening on every input and every output. I hate to say this but I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Right now I turned on my TiVo and it had a black screen on my TV.

1) I unplugged and replugged every single HDMI cable in my chain. Nothing helped at all.
2) I clicked [ISSUED HOTPLUG] in the GUI and it didn't help.
3) I changed inputs on my AVR to a different input and back again. It didn't help.
4) I unplugged my HDBaseT device and replugged it in. It didn't help.
5) I used both Safari and Chrome browsers to verify the HDMI status (and it was blank).

Nothing helped until I rebooted the Vertex2. (same thing I always need to do)

This is the same problem I'm having on both outputs and every input (Tivo, HTPC, XBOX, PS4, etc).

This is happening at least once per day or once every two days.

I've attached exported configs before and after the reboot. I really, really need this fixed
Attached Files
File Type: txt BEFORE.txt (10.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt AFTER.txt (10.1 KB, 3 views)
post #179 of 389 Old 07-21-2019, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
I'm still having black screen problems with my Vertex2. It's happening on every input and every output. I hate to say this but I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Right now I turned on my TiVo and it had a black screen on my TV.

1) I unplugged and replugged every single HDMI cable in my chain. Nothing helped at all.
2) I clicked [ISSUED HOTPLUG] in the GUI and it didn't help.
3) I changed inputs on my AVR to a different input and back again. It didn't help.
4) I unplugged my HDBaseT device and replugged it in. It didn't help.
5) I used both Safari and Chrome browsers to verify the HDMI status (and it was blank).

Nothing helped until I rebooted the Vertex2. (same thing I always need to do)

This is the same problem I'm having on both outputs and every input (Tivo, HTPC, XBOX, PS4, etc).

This is happening at least once per day or once every two days.

I've attached exported configs before and after the reboot. I really, really need this fixed

Please describe the video chain, where is AVR in the chain and where is HDBT ? and also which brand/model is it ?
Did you try bypassing HDBT see if you have same issue ?

Also if you are expecting the device to switch to the active input at startup, then turn on autoswitch in config and restart the unit.

Last edited by HDfury; 07-21-2019 at 05:59 AM.
post #180 of 389 Old 07-21-2019, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here is my chain:

RX0 -> Tivo Roamio Pro

TX1 -> Gefen HDbaseT -> Marantz NR-1608 -> Vizio M651d-A2R

I don't want to use auto-switching. I'm using a home automation system that sends RS232 commands to switch inputs on the Vertex2. I'm using the Vertex2 as an HDMI matrix.

I can't easily bypass the HDbaseT because all of my source devices (and Vertex2) are in my basement in a server rack. The TX1 TV is upstairs.

Also, the same problem happened again this morning with the black screen.

I hate to say it, but I've never had a black screen with my TiVo ever before I added the Vertex2. I really don't think the HDbaseT adapter is a problem nor my AVR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page