HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 376Likes

post #1801 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 712 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5636 Post(s)
Liked: 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompson View Post
Yes I did and I could not get a signal - nothing. There appears to be a battle between the JVC NX9 and the PS4.

I had the following:

PS4 -> Input0 -> TX0 -> JVC NX9

The Vertex2 would go through a cycle of signal, no signal, signal...

Unplugging the JVC NX9 from TX0 the Vertex2 would lock onto the signal.

I've attached the config.

Note if I go through the way I previously stated:

PS4 -> Input0 -> TX0 -> HTP-1 -> JVC NX9 I get a signal but still no HDR capability.
Please export config when you make a test, so it can be useful to me !
Set EDID mode to FIXED, restart source, still issue ? (don't forget to export config and add it to your reply)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please export config when you make a test, so it can be useful to me !
Set EDID mode to FIXED, restart source, still issue ? (don't forget to export config and add it to your reply)

I did export the config above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1803 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did export the config above.

I was talking about that test : "Yes I did and I could not get a signal - nothing."

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I was talking about that test : "Yes I did and I could not get a signal - nothing."
And that test was what I described and exported the config out for.
post #1805 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
And that test was what I described and exported the config out for.
Ok my fault then, what is the results using fixed edid ?

Can you give me the brand and length of each cable you are using please.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-16-2020 at 05:49 PM.
post #1806 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Ok my fault then, what is the results using fixed edid ?
If I do a fixed EDID, it stops the Vertex from cycling from no signal to signal. The PS4 still does not detect a HDR capable display.

Attaching config.
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX2-CONFIG-5_16_2020.txt (12.0 KB, 4 views)
post #1807 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If I do a fixed EDID, it stops the Vertex from cycling from no signal to signal. The PS4 still does not detect a HDR capable display.

Attaching config.
Yes, so its cable issue, please answer my question on cable brand/length

Also see your PM and flash the firmware i sent, see if it helps a bit, it cannot turn a bad cable into a good one but it might help a bit.

post #1808 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 06:32 PM

Let's make sure we are on the same track as we had two threads going at once depending on the source.

The current pipeline is as follows. This setup is simpler for me and my equipment.

PS4 -> Input0 -> TX0 -> HTP-1 -> NX9

The HDMI cables connecting everything above, except for the NX9 is AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable, 6 Feet.
From the HTP-1 -> NX9 is a 60ft HDMI Celerity Technologies DFO-60P Fiber Optic HDMI Cable.

Again, signal is fine but PS4 reports that my set is not HDR capable. I don't have any HDR issues with (connected by the same HDMI cables):

Nvidia Shield
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Sony UltraHD Blu-ray player

so I fail to see how this is a cable issue.

Firmware did not do anything to resolve the issue. Also this was working with the previous Vertex and now it's not.
post #1809 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
We will make them work together

First of all, thank you for the detailed post.

Please check your PM and install the firmware i sent via PM. Once firmware is flashed and unit restarted, do not change anything in config except EDID mode to copy sink or automix and just retry with any cable, any combination and if any problem export and post config and explain if issue is same or different.
IF still issue, please add link to HDMI TV connected at TX1 and link to your PJ usermanual in PDF format if you find it, if you cannot find their usermanual please give me exact brand/model of the TV at TX1 output.
Thank you for the quick response! I did forget to note in my original post that I was on firmware 0.53. No change observed with the firmware received via PM.

Zip attached to this post with exported configs for CopyTx0, CopyTx1, and AutoMix and notes of the setup, tests, and specific hardware versions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip infocus-x10-issues-Specialfirmware.zip (8.7 KB, 4 views)
post #1810 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Running into an issue with my Vertex2. The setup is: PS4 -> HDMI0 -> TX0 -> Monoprice HTP-1 -> TCL tv

No matter what I try, sink, custom edid, etc, I cannot get a signal through to the TV. I've tested the HDMI cables and they work fine when connected directly from the PS4 to the tv.

I've attached a few pics of the settings.

NVM - found that having both my NX9 and the TCL tv hooked up to the HTP-1 was throwing things off in this case.

it works with everything else but PS4 for some reason always has these issues.
Yes so export config when everything else works except PS4 and if signal is <600MHz, then that also confirm cable issue.

Quote:
Can't seem to get the PS4 to pick up that I have an HDR capable display. I had this working using a Vertex1.

PS4 -> HDMI0 -> TX0 -> Monoprice HTP-1 -> NX9

Tried:

COPY TX0 SINK

Custom:

Automix:
HDR Flags checked/unchecked
Matrix mode - copy sinks checked/unchecked

Thanks

There is no way PS4 would not be able to send HDR when connected to our device using DEFAULT CUSTOM EDID. IMPOSSIBLE.
And if you have it working with Vertex1, send config export of Vertex1 or link to a post where you posted it.

Quote:

Attaching config.
That again confirm cable issue.

Quote:
Let's make sure we are on the same track as we had two threads going at once depending on the source.

The current pipeline is as follows. This setup is simpler for me and my equipment.

PS4 -> Input0 -> TX0 -> HTP-1 -> NX9

The HDMI cables connecting everything above, except for the NX9 is AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable, 6 Feet.
From the HTP-1 -> NX9 is a 60ft HDMI Celerity Technologies DFO-60P Fiber Optic HDMI Cable.

Again, signal is fine but PS4 reports that my set is not HDR capable. I don't have any HDR issues with (connected by the same HDMI cables):

Nvidia Shield
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Sony UltraHD Blu-ray player

so I fail to see how this is a cable issue.

Firmware did not do anything to resolve the issue. Also this was working with the previous Vertex and now it's not.
Ok, send config export when SHIELD/ FIRE TV and SONY player is working. once again, if signal is below 600MHz, that will just confirm cable issue.

You should replace those amazon basic by kabledirekt.
Do you have both ends of celerity tek powered ?

And if you have PS4PRO supplied cable then you should try this : PS4 > PS4 CABLE > VERTEX2 > CELERITY TEK > NX9 and confirm it works or not. (and send the config export for that) and if it does not work, move PS4 > PS4CABLE > VERTEX2 closer to PJ and try with 6ft cable to PJ, works or not ?

Last edited by HDfury; 05-16-2020 at 07:17 PM.
post #1811 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimony22 View Post
Thank you for the quick response! I did forget to note in my original post that I was on firmware 0.53. No change observed with the firmware received via PM.

Zip attached to this post with exported configs for CopyTx0, CopyTx1, and AutoMix and notes of the setup, tests, and specific hardware versions.
Please answer in forum from now on, what is the brand/model of the TV you have connected at TX1 output ? and what happen if you remove that TV ? same issue ?
You said in your zip file that there is OLED picture, but this file is 0Ko, please post it and do you have a config export when you had 720p working.

Did you try to move SOURCE > SHORT CABLE > VERTEX2 > SHORT CABLE > X10 to verify if that works ? if not, please do try it and report back.

In your PJ see if you have any INPUT ROLL or AUTO SOURCE option or such and turn it OFF.

post #1812 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Yes so export config when everything else works except PS4 and if signal is <600MHz, then that also confirm cable issue.

There is no way PS4 would not be able to send HDR when connected to our device using DEFAULT CUSTOM EDID. IMPOSSIBLE.
And if you have it working with Vertex1, send config export of Vertex1 or link to a post where you posted it.

Ok, send config export when SHIELD/ FIRE TV and SONY player is working. once again, if signal is below 600MHz, that will just confirm cable issue.

And if you have PS4PRO supplied cable then you should try this : PS4 > PS4 CABLE > VERTEX2 > CELERITY TEK > NX9 and confirm it works or not. (and send the config export for that)

Unfortunately I sold the Vertex1 some time ago for the Vertex2. The only time i needed to use the Vertex was when dealing with the PS4.

I’ll grab an export tomorrow with a working HDR signal.

Going to play some Horizon Zero Dawn and not worry about HDR for a bit

post #1813 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unfortunately I sold the Vertex1 some time ago for the Vertex2. The only time i needed to use the Vertex was when dealing with the PS4.

I’ll grab an export tomorrow with a working HDR signal.

Going to play some Horizon Zero Dawn and not worry about HDR for a bit

And you never posted any Vertex1 config ? and please re read my answer, because i was editing when you quoted.

post #1814 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
And you never posted any Vertex1 config ?

Unfortunately no. I had it working with the PS4 while playing RDR2 - didn’t need to post anything for support.

post #1815 of 2162 Old 05-16-2020, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Hi guys

I’m new to the world of HDFury and in fact my only knowledge about it is that a few years ago people were using it as a way to be able to Strip off HDR data from UHD Blu Rays and instead send SDR BT2020 signals to their projectors or something like that.

Now I’m hearing that their is a product that can allow for Dolby Vision content to be played back on TVs that don’t have it.

My question is

What would be the right HDFury product to buy for this?

Are there any thing else needed... like having a UHD player that is able to do Dolby Vision as well?
post #1816 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
Hi guys

I’m new to the world of HDFury and in fact my only knowledge about it is that a few years ago people were using it as a way to be able to Strip off HDR data from UHD Blu Rays and instead send SDR BT2020 signals to their projectors or something like that.

Now I’m hearing that their is a product that can allow for Dolby Vision content to be played back on TVs that don’t have it.

My question is

What would be the right HDFury product to buy for this?

Are there any thing else needed... like having a UHD player that is able to do Dolby Vision as well?
Just read that first : https://hdfury.com/enjoy-dynamic-dv-...hdr10-display/
And then let us know if you have any questions.

All you need for that is : LLDV Capable source / HDR10 capable display.

And then you just have to do the below:

On previous generation hardware (Linker, Integral2, Vertex1):
1. Select A1 custom EDID (or load any custom EDID for LLDV from this thread)
2. Enable Custom HDR injection when you play LLDV and disable it manually when you stop playback. (Understand that this need to be done everytime ! only new generation can do that automatically)

On newer generation hardware (Vertex2/Diva/Maestro):
1. Select A1 custom EDID or use AUTOMIX with DV CUSTOM STRING checked.
2. Enable "Use Custom HDR when input is LLDV" and that will turn ON injection automatically when LLDV is played and turn it off when LLDV playback is stopped.

The only possible issue you can met is when you have an AVR that won't pass LLDV in the chain or overwrite LLDV datablock in EDID to add its audio specs if its between source and HDfury device, in such case you need to split output with video going to TV directly and another output going to AVR for sound.

If red tint, use Mark Swift's BT.2020 LLDV EDID; see Claw's Option 2 in HDfury.com > News > Last Article on DV content on HDR10 display.

post #1817 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:

And if you have PS4PRO supplied cable then you should try this : PS4 > PS4 CABLE > VERTEX2 > CELERITY TEK > NX9 and confirm it works or not. (and send the config export for that) and if it does not work, move PS4 > PS4CABLE > VERTEX2 closer to PJ and try with 6ft cable to PJ, works or not ?
Before I go down that route, as I have to reconfigure my equipment to test that, I'd like to understand at a more basic level why it would be the cable.

As I understand it, HDMI is a digital signal. You either get the pic or you don't. In my case I'm getting a perfect signal both audio and video but the PS4 does not detect an HDR display.

Also if it was the cable amd not and EDID issue - why would I need a Vertex2? Not trying to be pushy just would like to understand the basics of what's going on.

Thanks
post #1818 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Before I go down that route, as I have to reconfigure my equipment to test that, I'd like to understand at a more basic level why it would be the cable.

As I understand it, HDMI is a digital signal. You either get the pic or you don't. In my case I'm getting a perfect signal both audio and video but the PS4 does not detect an HDR display.

Also if it was the cable amd not and EDID issue - why would I need a Vertex2? Not trying to be pushy just would like to understand the basics of what's going on.

Thanks
Please, i have solved thousands cases over the years, can you just trust me and make the required tests so we progress toward finding culprit and solution ?
There is a thread on AVSforum about cable issue, please have a look, the reality is at 600MHz/18Gbps, too short make EMI issue and too long make integrity issue. so no it's not about you get a PIC or NOT.
You have to realize that in 18Gbps video connection there is 18 times more data traveling than in a GIGABYTE internet connection running full speed every seconds, that is NOT trivial !
The whole problem with HDMI is the connector, they keep using the same connector that was initially designed to handle 150MHz, just look how serious is a DP connector compared to HDMI connector.

Did you ever wonder why any TV manufacturer is limiting each TV input to max 10.Gbps/300MHz out of the box and you have to turn on "UHD COLORS" to allow 18Gbps/600MHz ? the only reason for that is that they know, people will have blackscreen is they allow 18Gbps out of the box as they know most cables are just failing.

Your equipment might have EDID issue but not our devices. So as long as you use SOURCE > our device > your equipment, there could not be any EDID issue. (except may be between your AVR and display but that would not be much relevant here and won't prevent PS4 to send any HDR)
As i wrote before, there is no way a PS4 won't output HDR to ANY of our devices when using default custom EDID (11), imagine the number of people that would be complaining if that was the case.
And if you don't trust my words, then trust this: SONY STUDIOS use our devices !!

Now, please run the needed tests, provide results and we will find the issue, but if you are not ready to do any test, just ask for a refund. thanx.

Quote:
If I do a fixed EDID, it stops the Vertex from cycling from no signal to signal.
This is the strongest evidence of cable issue, Fixed is max 300MHz, default is up to 600MHz, if Fixed works and default not, that means that cable works fine for up to 300MHz for sure, but not for 600MHz. on first config you sent " "RX0": " 4K59.933 RGB 8b 593MHz 2.2"," > as you can see, PS4 is sending 600MHz here with default custom edid and that make lose of signal in your setup, that usually mean cable issue.

So once you have some initial results, then we can try using TX1 output and downscale the output to see what is supported instead of pass thru, and then more likely it will work up to some MHz and start failing once we exceed that and that will 100% prove cable issue.
Actually you can already test that, connect your equipment at TX1 instead of TX0 and then in SCALER TAB, set AUTOSCALING and change default preset from AUTOSENSE to 1080p for all 3 options, that will work perfectly and since picture will stop blinking you will be able to set PS4 to output HDR (or try HDR content) because so far your PS4 is sending 4K60 RGB 8b 600MHz. Then you can slowly increase each value especially for 4K HDR > 4K60 420 12b which is 375MHz-450MHz and that will still work since that is same as any HDR content for movies (4K60 420 10b) and then back to autosense and it will fail > and that confirm cable issue, one of the cable at output is NOT suitable for 600MHz/18Gbps.

Please confirm about celerity tek, if both ends are powered.

Also regarding cable, keep in mind that any working cable can be broken by just twisting it near its connectors ends, so never twist a cable and especially not one that is working fine in your setup.

And since we are talking cable, 18Gbps/600MHz cable was and still is a nightmare, upcoming 1200/1500MHz cable issue in HDMI2.1 will be even more dramatic. None of the current cable sold that claim to support 48Gbps will work.
Actually most of them are based on marketing BS since most of them fail miserably for 18Gbps.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-17-2020 at 01:30 PM.
post #1819 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Please, i have solved thousands cases over the years, can you just trust me and make the required tests so we progress toward finding culprit and solution ?
There is a thread on AVSforum about cable issue, please have a look, the reality is at 600MHz/18Gbps, too short make EMI issue and too long make integrity issue. so no it's not about you get a PIC or NOT.
You have to realize that in 18Gbps video connection there is 18 times more data traveling than in a GIGABYTE internet connection running full speed every seconds, that is NOT trivial !
The whole problem with HDMI is the connector, they keep using the same connector that was initially designed to handle 150MHz, just look how serious is a DP connector compared to HDMI connector.

Your equipment might have EDID issue but not our devices.
As i wrote before, there is no way a PS4 won't output HDR to ANY of our devices when using default custom EDID (11), imagine the number of people that would be complaining if that was the case.
And if you don't trust my words, then trust this: SONY STUDIOS use our devices !!

Now, please run the needed tests, provide results and we will find the issue, but if you are not ready to do any test, just ask for a refund. thanx.
I do trust you and I apologize if I'm coming off as rude - forums/text is a bad way to get across intent. You guys are the experts in this not me and it's why I have spent several thousand $ with your company over the years

I'm trying to build a foundation of knowledge on this as everything I know is either missing a piece of information or I have misinterpreted something along the way.

HDR/HDMI and all that entails is a serious mess for consumers. Lots of money and time being spent incorrectly on the wrong cables, configuration, etc.

I ended up just plugging in my Sony Ultra HD blu ray and Nvidia Shield through the same input that the PS4 was in to run some tests.

I thought that the JVC NX9 wouldn't show frame adapt for non HDR material, but it does.

The projector shows the signal as 3480 X 2160 YUV 8 bit ITU-R BT.709 on HDR content - NVidia playing Altered Carbon.

I've attached the config from both the sony and the shield.

For the celerity tek - both ends are powered.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nvidia_sheild.txt (12.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt sony_dvd.txt (12.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by sthompson; 05-17-2020 at 01:38 PM.
post #1820 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I do trust you and I apologize if I'm coming off as rude - forums/text is a bad way to get across intent. You guys are the experts in this not me and it's why I have spent several thousand $ with your company over the years

I'm trying to build a foundation of knowledge on this as everything I know is either missing a piece of information or I have misinterpreted something along the way.

HDR/HDMI and all that entails is a serious mess for consumers. Lots of money and time being spent incorrectly on the wrong cables, configuration, etc.

I ended up just plugging in my Sony Ultra HD blu ray and Nvidia Shield through the same input that the PS4 was in to run some tests.

I thought that the JVC NX9 wouldn't show frame adapt for non HDR material, but it does.

The projector shows the signal as 3480 X 2160 YUV 8 bit ITU-R BT.709 on HDR content - NVidia playing Altered Carbon.

I've attached the config from both the sony and the shield.

Thanx, so as i though, SONY player is sending 4K23.973 422 BT709 12b 297MHz 2.2 which is same 300MHz as our FIXED EDID, so sure it works.
And SHIELD is sending 4K59.931 420 BT709 8b 297MHz 2.2, which is again 300MHz, so sure it works.

Please note that on this config, you are in AUTOMIX and for some reason your HTP is reporting HTP-1: 4K60 420 8b which is MAX 300MHz and this is why none of your sources are exceeding this signal bandwidth.
So may be you are using a limited input of this device, or may be that device output is connected to a limited input of your display, because on previous config, you had "SINK0": "ILAFPJ--X184A: 4K60 444 HDR BT2020" or may be you bypassed HTP1 on previous config.

post #1821 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 01:41 PM

You mention kabledirekt, are there any other cables that you can recommend for long distances for 600MHz/18Gbps or while we are at it 8K?

Thanks
post #1822 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Thanx, so as i though, SONY player is sending 4K23.973 422 BT709 12b 297MHz 2.2 which is same 300MHz as our FIXED EDID, so sure it works.
And SHIELD is sending 4K59.931 420 BT709 8b 297MHz 2.2, which is again 300MHz, so sure it works.

Please note that on this config, you are in AUTOMIX and for some reason your HTP is reporting HTP-1: 4K60 420 8b which is MAX 300MHz and this is why none of your sources are exceeding this signal bandwidth.
So may be you are using a limited input of this device, or may be that device output is connected to a limited input of your display, because on previous config, you had "SINK0": "ILAFPJ--X184A: 4K60 444 HDR BT2020" or may be you bypassed HTP1 on previous config.
Here's the configs bypassing the HTP-1 and going directly through the Vertex2 for both the DVD player and Nvidia shield.

Based on this conversation it appears that I have two issues. Let me know if this lines up.

1) HTP-1 is bw limited and all video should be routed through to Vertex2
2) Cable from Vertex2 to JVC NX9 is bw limited and should be replaced.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt nvidia_shield.txt (12.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt sony_dvd.txt (12.0 KB, 6 views)
post #1823 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here's the configs bypassing the HTP-1 and going directly through the Vertex2 for both the DVD player and Nvidia shield.

Based on this conversation it appears that I have two issues. Let me know if this lines up.

1) HTP-1 is bw limited and all video should be routed through to Vertex2
2) Cable from Vertex2 to JVC NX9 is bw limited and should be replaced.

Thanks
Ok, that is very good config export:
Shield is now 4K59.931 420 BT709 10b 371MHz 2.2 which is the same bandwidth than usual HDR bandwidth for UHD BR movies and streaming device
and SONY is now sending 4K59.933 422 BT709 12b 593MHz 2.2 which is the max bandwidth possible so if that works, PS4 should just work as well in same setup.

1) Well i was reading the HTP-1 usermanual, is that device really only HDMI2.0 300MHz/10.Gbps ?? but released in 2019 ?? with no HDR support, no DV, nothing ? it's sounds like unreal to me... but if that is real, then yes, you need to put this unit at TX1 or AUDIO OUT because it is max 10.2Gbps as far as i understand their usermanual.
2) I'm not sure, because your SONY player is outputting 18Gbps/600MHz on that config, may be let it play for a while and see if it's very stable (verify on OLED or webserver, that you got the same 593 signal in and out and see if its stable after some minutes or half hour or even a full movie to be really really sure the cable is fine)

Or may be the cable you have between sony and Vertex2 is better than the one you have between PS4 and Vertex2, so may be use that current cable to hook up PS4 and see if its stable.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-17-2020 at 02:24 PM.
post #1824 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 03:17 PM

Documenting - this is from the PS4 -> HTP-1 -> HDMI0 -> TX0 -> NX9
Attached Files
File Type: txt ps4.txt (12.0 KB, 6 views)
post #1825 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 03:22 PM

Documenting - this is from the PS4 -> HDMI0 -> TX0 -> NX9 using a different cable.

Note this is where the signal continues to drop, pick up, drop, but setting it to fixed EDID stops that - no HDR detected.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ps4.txt (12.0 KB, 2 views)
post #1826 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 03:24 PM

So in essence I need to replace my JVC NX9 cable as it does not support 600MHz/18Gbps.
post #1827 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So in essence I need to replace my JVC NX9 cable as it does not support 600MHz/18Gbps.
Yes i think so too, but your sony player was also outputting 600MHz before, was that stable on the long run or not ?

post #1828 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 03:39 PM

Documenting - this is from the Sony UHD Blu Ray player -> HDMI0 -> TX0 -> NX9 using Amazon Basic 6 ft short cable.

No signal
EDID set to fixed - signal
Attached Files
File Type: txt sony_dvd.txt (12.0 KB, 5 views)
post #1829 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yes i think so too, but your sony player was also outputting 600MHz before, was that stable on the long run or not ?
It wasn't so it looks like a new cable is in store for me. I need to run about 50-60 ft. Any suggestions?

Thanks
post #1830 of 2162 Old 05-17-2020, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Documenting - this is from the Sony UHD Blu Ray player -> HDMI0 -> TX0 -> NX9 using Amazon Basic 6 ft short cable.

No signal
EDID set to fixed - signal
Yes that config show issue at output , so yes you are right it's the output cable.

Quote:
It wasn't so it looks like a new cable is in store for me. I need to run about 50-60 ft. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Isn't there some warranty on celerity tek because normally they should work fine for 18Gbps (assuming it's the new model and it have power supply on both ends) i think you should be able to just get a replacement from them, they cannot sell such expensive cable and not help you out if they don't pass full bandwidth since that is the purpose to buy them in the first place.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-17-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page