AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Video Processors (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/)
-   -   HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/3069170-hdfury-vertex2-owners-thread.html)

no_cure 05-23-2019 04:09 PM

HDFury Vertex2 - Owner's Thread

2 Attachment(s)

Post all questions for HDFury Vertex² in this thread. I’m hoping that I’ve gathered most of the information correctly, but in case I didn’t, please let me know and I'll rectify.

##### FAQ #####

A. When & Where can I buy this product?

Available NOW at https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

B. What is the HDFury Vertex²

It is a new version of the famed HDFury Vertex with the following features (brief overview - not all encompassing):

1. 4×2 Matrix/Splitter/Scaler for 4K HDR/DV 18Gbps/600MHz + Full HDMI Audio out (extract HDMI/ARC/eARC).

o 4x HDMI 2.0 inputs
o 2x HDMI 2.0 video outputs (w/ scaling options) AND
o 1x dedicated HDMI full audio output (user selectable 720p or 1080p)

2. All inputs capable of 4K HDR/HLG/DV/LLDV/HDR10+ up to 18Gbps

3. Vertex² is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input

4. Process two 18Gbps signals at the same time from 2 sources to 2 sinks devices and have one of the channel duplicated and converted in res/hdcp/chroma/color depth/color space/etc. to 1080p + a third output with HDMI audio out

5. HDMI TX0 and TX1 video outputs are capable of outputting 18Gbps as well as all sound formats

6. Greater memory that original Vertex

7. Auto-switch any source

8. Unlike the original Vertex, you can setup and manage the Vertex² via a webserver from any computer/mobile or web browser based device

9. LAN Control, RS232, L/R stereo or Optical 5.1 output, IR RX, IR sensor, IR window, OLED display and 4 buttons on the side allowing to enter/exit and perform change in the device system menu

10. Exact signal timing report with up to 3 digits decimals accuracy on frame rate

11. Vertex² is now capable of sending any custom RS232 commands to any RS232 capable display based on incoming signal types or particular metadata value

12. Provides a total of 15 HDCP 1.4 and 2.2 engines for decryption/encryption

13. Capable of connecting any HDCP1.x or HDCP2.x source devices to any HDCP1.x or HDCP 2.x sink devices

14. Display HDCP 2.2 Content with Non-HDCP2.2 Compliant Devices

15. Vertex2 is capable of physically disconnecting/reconnecting device at output via software, designed to save all standby mode issues some/most Android TVs have (e.g like Sony)

C. Table w/ Features Overview is attached!

D. General Support Q&A

To ensure that HDFury fully understands your setup so they can provide suitable answers, when posting tech support questions, it is strongly encouraged to provide as much description to your setup as possible. Therefore, please describe ALL equipment in your chain (include any relevant links as needed)

i. Input Sources:
• Brand & Model

ii. HDMI Cabling:
• Cable brand & type (copper/active/fiber)
• Cable length

iii. Sink Devices:
• Brand & Model

iv. Example Chain:

ATV 4k -> KabelDirekt 6ft copper -> (in 1) Vertex² (out 1) -> KabelDirekt 6ft copper -> LG C9
Oppo 203 -> KabelDirekt 6ft copper -> (in 2) Vertex² (out 2) -> KabelDirekt 12ft copper -> JVC DLA-RS600U
---------------------------------------------------> Vertex² (Audio out) -> KabelDirekt 10ft copper -> Denon AVR-X1500H

Side note on HDMI cables:
- given experiences with the original Vertex, for copper HDMI cables, their recommended lengths should be between min 6ft to max 12ft
- recommended brands: KableDirekt, Bluejeanscable or HDfury own cables (however others are most likely to work as well)

E. Creating & Sending Config Files (for troubleshooting)

To save and send Vertex2 config files :
1. Access the Web Server - see User Manual pg. 16
2. Config Export via Web Server - see User Manual pg. 40

F. User Manual Link:

https://www.hdfury.com/docs/HDfuryVertex2.pdf

Changelog #1 (5/24/19):
Per HDFury input:
- removed Windows GUI capability
- added details regarding auto (dis)connect feature via embedded software

Changelog #2 (5/28/19):
- released date changed to June 28 2019
- added overview table
- provided initial Q&A format
- attached actual picture of Vertex² product

Changelog #3 (6/28/19):
- added details w.r.t. Web Server access + saving/sending config files
- added link to User Manual

HDfury 05-24-2019 08:28 AM

Very good first post, thank you very much !!

Please note that Vertex2 is capable of physically disconnecting/reconnecting device at output via software, this is unique features build to save all standby mode hassle of Android TV (sony one but not only) and any devices making problem in standby mode.
You can see the nightmare it is when you have AV chain with multiple sinks and an Android TV here (translate in English with browser if you don't read german): https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-verhalten/td-p/2366762/page/42?nobounce

PS: No Windows GUI for Vertex2 as you can use webserver from any computer/mobile or web browser based device.

no_cure 05-24-2019 09:07 AM

Thank you @HDfury - post edited given your feedback!

JonnyVee 05-25-2019 06:29 AM

Thank you for starting this thread. I’ve preordered and I’m looking forward to the dual 4k matrix capabilities and JVC projector integration. I asked a question in the Vertex thread last week. Below is the answer ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyVee (Post 58064208)
I preordered the new Vertex2 and have a few basic questions. I’ll have an HTPC, Xbox One X, and a PS4 Pro as inputs.

- Output 1 —> Denon x4400 -> JVC x790 Projector
- Output 2 —> Denon 730H -> LG OLED B7

1. My x790 is in a seperate room. To connect the RS232/DB9 adapter. I just need a standard male to female 3.5 mm audio extension cable?

2. The Vertex will allow the two outputs to send different 4k input signals simultaneously? Therefore, I can watch movies on the projector while my kids play Xbox or PS4 on the OLED(or vice versa).

3. The Vertex will allow the two outputs to send the same 4k input signal simultaneously?

4. The Vertex can be controlled via the Logitech Harmony hub?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58064244)
1. Yes correct.
2. Yes it's a full matrix, no problem for that
3. Yes
4. Yes (just note that it can takes a couple of weeks before codes become available on harmony db, you can also send them your own IR code list to add to your account)

Looks like you are all good ;)

Seraphic- 05-25-2019 08:56 AM

Have a GoBlue with only BT that I picked up long time ago. Will it work with the Vertex2 or does it require the GoBlue with IR+BT?

HDfury 05-25-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphic- (Post 58096878)
Have a GoBlue with only BT that I picked up long time ago. Will it work with the Vertex2 or does it require the GoBlue with IR+BT?

No, new devices have webserver that allow straight connection from WIN/MAC/LINUX/iOS/Android or any web browser based device, no need of any GoBlue add on.

Seraphic- 05-25-2019 09:03 AM

GoBlue with BT (not IR model) still works with very first generation Integral though right (one with full 4:4:4 600mhz in/out)?

HDfury 05-25-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphic- (Post 58096912)
GoBlue with BT (not IR model) still works with very first generation Integral though right (one with full 4:4:4 600mhz in/out)?

Yes, it will give you faster BT connection for early Integral1 model.

Seraphic- 05-25-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58096934)
Yes, it will give you faster BT connection for early Integral1 model.

Okay. What is the IR RX Sensor cable (9ft) used for that comes with the Vertex2 if not the IR GoBlue?

HDfury 05-25-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphic- (Post 58096948)
Okay. What is the IR RX Sensor cable (9ft) used for that comes with the Vertex2 if not the IR GoBlue?

Sorry I'm not following what you mean, try to elaborate a bit please.

Seraphic- 05-25-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58097050)
Sorry I'm not following what you mean, try to elaborate a bit please.

On the Vertex2 product page it says each order comes with a IR RX Sensor cable (9ft). What can that be used for?

HDfury 05-25-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphic- (Post 58097094)
On the Vertex2 product page it says each order comes with a IR RX Sensor cable (9ft). What can that be used for?

In case Vertex2 IR eye is not in line of sight, then you can use that for your IR remote to control Diva. That's very common in AV.

Seraphic- 05-25-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58097358)
In case Vertex2 IR eye is not in line of sight, then you can use that for your IR remote to control Diva. That's very common in AV.

So an IR remote can be programmed to be used with the Vertex2, but a remote does not come with it?

HDfury 05-25-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphic- (Post 58097678)
So an IR remote can be programmed to be used with the Vertex2, but a remote does not come with it?

Any universal IR remote can be used with it, such as Logitech Harmony, iRules and any others...
No IR remote included.

HDfury 05-26-2019 01:41 PM

Shipping delayed to 28th June 2019

Vertex² released was postponed to 28th June 2019 due to current work load with Diva FW.
Most of the work done that also concern Vertex² will be ported to Vertex² before shipment.

no_cure 05-28-2019 09:11 AM

Thanks for letting us know @HDfury .

Hopefully the delay won't be much longer...eagerly awaiting my Vertex²!!!

P.S. Edited OP to add a quick access table showing all of the main Vertex² features.

HDfury 05-28-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58107920)
Thanks for letting us know @HDfury.

Hopefully the delay won't be much longer...eagerly awaiting my Vertex²!!!

P.S. Edited OP to add a quick access table showing all of the main Vertex² features.

Should not take longer, just the time for us to port the work done on Diva to Maestro and Vertex2 since we received LG C9 2.1 eARC and Sony eARC TV in our lab and added perfect eARC support to Diva now.

PS: Table is perfect, except that it miss optical output which is a combo optical/analog, so same output can do both Analog stereo or optical

no_cure 05-28-2019 09:55 AM

Sorry for that omission @HDfury . Table has been augmented to include the 5.1 Optical Output (tosslink).

dhackney 05-29-2019 07:09 PM

Vertex2 in eARC path

@HDfury

Can the Vertex2 be connected in the eARC path between the TV and the receiver?

HDfury 05-30-2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhackney (Post 58115626)
@HDfury

Can the Vertex2 be connected in the eARC path between the TV and the receiver?

Yes but then it's AVR getting eARC

For Vertex2 to get eARC > eARC TV to TX0 output, AVR to Audio out.

dhackney 05-30-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58116574)
Yes but then it's AVR getting eARC

For Vertex2 to get eARC > eARC TV to TX0 output, AVR to Audio out.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Confirming patch:

LG C9 TV eARC HDMI 2 ---> Vertex2 TX0 output ---> Vertex2 Audio out ---> Yamaha RX-A3080 HDMI output 1

The goal is to "get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC" and eARC.

The LG C9's Netflix and Amazon apps do not recognize the RX-A3080 as a valid Atmos path via ARC or eARC.

The LG C9's Netflix and Amazon apps produce DD+ with no Atmos on the Yamaha RX-A3080.

BD players' Blu-ray DA discs produce lossless Dolby TrueHD Atmos on the RX-A3080 when passed through the LG C9 via eARC.

The Yamaha RX-A3080 supports eARC with the latest firmware.

The LG C9 supports a subset of HDMI 2.1, including eARC.

HDfury 05-30-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhackney (Post 58117326)
Thanks for the quick reply.

Confirming patch:

LG C9 TV eARC HDMI 2 ---> Vertex2 TX0 output ---> Vertex2 Audio out ---> Yamaha RX-A3080 HDMI output 1

The goal is to "get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC" and eARC.

The LG C9's Netflix and Amazon apps do not recognize the RX-A3080 as a valid Atmos path via ARC or eARC.

The LG C9's Netflix and Amazon apps produce DD+ with no Atmos on the Yamaha RX-A3080.

BD players' Blu-ray DA discs produce lossless Dolby TrueHD Atmos on the RX-A3080 when passed through the LG C9 via eARC.

The Yamaha RX-A3080 supports eARC with the latest firmware.

The LG C9 supports a subset of HDMI 2.1, including eARC.

Yes, that's good, use eARC and forget ARC then, we also have LG C9 in lab, eARC works perfectly from it and save you from the hassle and limitations that come with cec/arc

chenxiaolong 06-15-2019 04:37 PM

If I have 2 outputs and use automix EDID, will it be possible to add additional modes to the EDID? For example, I have a 4K TV and a 3D 4K projector and I'd like to enable the 3D modes (even though the TV won't work when watching 3D content). I'm currently using the dual-output on my AVR, which doesn't support customizing the EDID, so I'm hoping the Vertex2 will have this sort of functionality.

HDfury 06-15-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenxiaolong (Post 58186914)
If I have 2 outputs and use automix EDID, will it be possible to add additional modes to the EDID? For example, I have a 4K TV and a 3D 4K projector and I'd like to enable the 3D modes (even though the TV won't work when watching 3D content). I'm currently using the dual-output on my AVR, which doesn't support customizing the EDID, so I'm hoping the Vertex2 will have this sort of functionality.

For this you can simply use any of the custom EDID, they all have 3D capabilities.
If you use Automix, you can set ALGO to TX0 or TX1 output priority, so the one who have 3D get mixed in priority.

Carbon Ft Print 06-19-2019 12:09 PM

Can Vertex2 route ATMOS audio stream (ATMOS is derived via ARC (not eARC) from an LG C8 77" OLED streaming App) through Vertex2's HDMI Audio Out to audio processor's HDMI input ... all when streaming via LG C8 77" OLED apps? See below LG Reference Thread on doing this.

Config:

Emotiva's RMC-1 HDMI ARC Out ---> Vertex2 ---> LG C8 77" OLED

Vertex2 HDMI Audio Out ---> (HDMI Input) RMC-1

Note: RMC-1 is an audio processor

LG Reference Thread:

I read the following post regarding ARC (not eARC) and ATMOS using the LG C8 OLED: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post58201278

"If you have a receiver that supports Atmos you can get non lossy Atmos even when you plug the receiver into ARC. However you won't be able to play non lossy Atmos through the smart hub, which won't be an issue at least for now. All streaming services with Atmos only provide compressed Atmos. "

P.S. Just read this on the HDfury.com sight ... so I guess the answer is yes.

"World First: Vertex² is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input!"

no_cure 06-19-2019 03:31 PM

No reason why you wouldn't be able to extract Atmos audio from your LG C8...although your config, as stated, doesn't look quite right to me (could be wrong though). The LG C8 is the source, since that's where the app is playing, so it would be connecting to one of the INPUTs of the Vertex 2, and the Audio Out port would connect to the RMC-1 pre/pro.

To follow the recommended configuration connection, I'm thinking you'd want to connect as follows:

LG C8 ARC HDMI -> (name your brand) HDMI 6' copper cable -> (in 1) Vertex²
------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Vertex² (Audio out) -> (name your brand) HDMI 10' copper cable -> RMC-1 HDMI 1 in

HDfury 06-19-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print (Post 58202376)
Can Vertex2 route ATMOS audio stream (ATMOS is derived via ARC (not eARC) from an LG C8 77" OLED streaming App) through Vertex2's HDMI Audio Out to audio processor's HDMI input ... all when streaming via LG C8 77" OLED apps? See below LG Reference Thread on doing this.

Config:

LG Reference Thread:

I read the following post regarding ARC (not eARC) and ATMOS using the LG C8 OLED: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post58201278

"If you have a receiver that supports Atmos you can get non lossy Atmos even when you plug the receiver into ARC. However you won't be able to play non lossy Atmos through the smart hub, which won't be an issue at least for now. All streaming services with Atmos only provide compressed Atmos. "

"World First: Vertex² is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input!"

YES!

ARC is up to ATMOS over DD+
eARC is up to anything you want (Atmos HBR over TrueHD)

The restriction with ARC is that you cannot have its output connected to TV if you already have VERTEX2 output connected to it for ARC extraction. TV only accept one Audio System w/ARC, if you connect 2 it can make problem (there is solution if AVR have enough option, like pass thru, CEC OFF, etc..)

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58203472)
No reason why you wouldn't be able to extract Atmos audio from your LG C8...although your config, as stated, doesn't look quite right to me (could be wrong though). The LG C8 is the source, since that's where the app is playing, so it would be connecting to one of the INPUTs of the Vertex 2, and the Audio Out port would connect to the RMC-1 pre/pro.

To follow the recommended configuration connection, I'm thinking you'd want to connect as follows:

LG C8 ARC HDMI -> (name your brand) HDMI 6' copper cable -> (in 1) Vertex²
------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Vertex² (Audio out) -> (name your brand) HDMI 10' copper cable -> RMC-1 HDMI 1 in

You cannot connect an INPUT to an INPUT, just like you cannot connect and OUTPUT to an OUTPUT

INPUT > OUTPUT
OUTPUT > INPUT

So TV ARC INPUT > Vertex2 TX0 OUTPUT
Vertex2 AUDIO OUT > AVR INPUT.

What have confused you is the fact that sound comes from TV apps and goes somewhere, so you think it OUTPUT something and that should go to an INPUT.
In reality ARC means Audio Return Channel, and the important word here is "RETURN" so TV sound RETURN from it's INPUT to the OUTPUT of a device.
Thanx the industry for the confusion ;)

claw 06-19-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print (Post 58202376)

Config:

LG Reference Thread:

I assume you understand that the C8 does not support eARC, just ARC. So you will never get lossless HD audio from the C8 over ARC. The maximum will be ATMOS with Dolby Digital+. Even my B7A can send ATMOS/DD+ over ARC.

no_cure 06-20-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58203688)

You cannot connect an INPUT to an INPUT, just like you cannot connect and OUTPUT to an OUTPUT

INPUT > OUTPUT
OUTPUT > INPUT

So TV ARC INPUT > Vertex2 TX0 OUTPUT
Vertex2 AUDIO OUT > AVR INPUT.

What have confused you is the fact that sound comes from TV apps and goes somewhere, so you think it OUTPUT something and that should go to an INPUT.
In reality ARC means Audio Return Channel, and the important word here is "RETURN" so TV sound RETURN from it's INPUT to the OUTPUT of a device.
Thanx the industry for the confusion ;)

Some/most agree that the initial implementation CEC and ARC were short of FUBARd, hence eARC is trying to patch things up.

Well, I stand corrected - thanks for the clarification. So I suppose then, for the Vertex2, any ARC capable TV should be connected to the HDMI Audio out port...otherwise, any other 'normal' source should be connected to one of the inputs.

HDfury 06-20-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58206380)
Some/most agree that the initial implementation CEC and ARC were short of FUBARd, hence eARC is trying to patch things up.

Well, I stand corrected - thanks for the clarification. So I suppose then, for the Vertex2, any ARC capable TV should be connected to the HDMI Audio out port...otherwise, any other 'normal' source should be connected to one of the inputs.

No ! because AUDIO OUT is made to be connected to an AVR, remember the video signal is 720p or 1080p with full sound extracted from eARC/ARC or HDMI input.

TX0 output (Full 18Gbps) is MASTER CEC, that's the one that must go to TV ARC input if you want to extract ARC from TV and forward to AVR via AUDIO OUT > AVR INPUT.
Same for eARC, TX0 is the one that go to TV to retrieve eARC and forward to AVR via AUDIO OUT > AVR INPUT

VIDEO + AUDIO from sources goes to Vertex2, TX0 carry VIDEO and SOUND or just VIDEO as you want, AUDIO OUT output the AUDIO on the a 720p/1080 self generated stream so it is accepted as valid input on any AVR out there.

in case of ARC/eARC if it's from source, TX0 carry VIDEO and AUDIO to TV and TV RETURNS the sound back to TX0 which goes to AUDIO OUT which send AUDIO on a 720p/1080p self generated stream so it is accepted as valid input on any AVR out there.
in case of ARC/eARC, if its from TV apps, TX0 retrieve the RETURN sound from TV and send it out via AUDIO OUT on a self generated stream 720/1020p so it is accepted as valid input on any AVR out there.

ARC up to Atmos over DD+
eARC up to anything you want, like Atmos HBR over True HD
HDMI sources at input up to anything you want.

All sound format in existence today supported.
All video format in existence today supported.

World first solution of this kind (with Maestro/Diva.. well our new hardware generation)

no_cure 06-21-2019 11:46 AM

Thank you HDFury, haven’t ever used CEC/ARC, suppose I was in the dark there. Never stop learning I say...

Nevertheless, you answered Carbon’s question, so all ARC/eARC folks should good to go with the Vertex 2!

Eagerly waiting for June 28...

HDfury 06-21-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58211656)
Thank you HDFury, haven’t ever used CEC/ARC, suppose I was in the dark there. Never stop learning I say...

Nevertheless, you answered Carbon’s question, so all ARC/eARC folks should good to go with the Vertex 2!

Eagerly waiting for June 28...

No problem, you welcome, yeah never stop learning, no choice when the industry creates confusion... every day more new non sense...
latest we heard of ... New Samsung 8K (950) flagship with HDMI2.1 does not support eARC so be careful when buying HDMI2.1 TV ! it seems 2.1 does not necessarily means eARC (at least not until Samsung provide update if doable for them)

Early adopters always get screwed apparently...

Carbon Ft Print 06-23-2019 05:52 AM

Just pre-ordered a Vertex2. June 28 is just around the corner now.

no_cure 06-26-2019 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 days count-down.

JonnyVee 06-27-2019 03:36 AM

1 more day!

Seryl 06-27-2019 10:16 PM

I just got my shipping notice and tracking number.

HDfury 06-28-2019 03:00 AM

Usermanual + FW + IR Codes list + IR Commands list

We just published Vertex² Usermanual and FW package that include RS232/IP and IR code list.

It was very tough work to ship on time because we wanted unit to support Atmos over DD+ via ARC extraction.
Now it is supported and similar update will come to Maestro and Diva.

Feel free to suggest any addition once you have evaluated your unit.
Please do read usermanual a bit at least first pages, thanx.

Carbon Ft Print 06-28-2019 04:50 AM

Got my ship notice today.

Seryl 06-28-2019 11:34 AM

Delivery is set for Monday. I won't be home though, ironically I'll be in Taipei where the Vertex2 shipped from.

no_cure 06-28-2019 01:04 PM

Likewise...I've received my shipping notice as well. ETA - Mon next week...pretty excited!

Thanks HDfury!

no_cure 06-28-2019 01:41 PM

FYI, I've edited the first post to include key User Manual info.

I recommend printing and studying the User Manual while you await the arrival of Vertex 2. BTW, given my initial perusal, I find the manual to be very well written, detailed and logically constructed - well done @HDfury !

As these models continue their arrival in the wild, please let me know what sort of data I should add on the first post that will help newcomers.

Cheerio!

proza 06-28-2019 02:57 PM

@HDfury congrats on major release!
will the Integral2/Vertex1 IR codes work for Harmony, or any ETA?
Have you shipped also to distributors, or only direct to customers yet? Gauging where best to buy in Germany ;-)

HDfury 06-28-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proza (Post 58237244)
@HDfury congrats on major release!
will the Integral2/Vertex1 IR codes work for Harmony, or any ETA?
Have you shipped also to distributors, or only direct to customers yet? Gauging where best to buy in Germany ;-)

Resellers will get unit in about 2 weeks, not before.

For IR codes, download firmware and email IR code list to Logitech to add to your account (they will more likely request 100 IR codes max, so edit your own list as we have more than 100)

proza 06-28-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58237500)
Resellers will get unit in about 2 weeks, not before.

For IR codes, download firmware and email IR code list to Logitech to add to your account (they will more likely request 100 IR codes max, so edit your own list as we have more than 100)

Alright then, i've just put an order in directly at HDFury.com instead, straight from the source! :)

no_cure 06-28-2019 05:40 PM

HDFury Vertex2 - Owner’s Thread

Good call...expect it sometime next week. Pretty darn quick given the distance in kilometers...almost Amazon Prime quick.

I know I’ll have a fun couple of days setting and messing about with my new Vertex 2 - really, the proverbial Christmas in July! And, if something should go awry, I know HDfury will provide help within a matter of hours, 1/2 day max - worse case, they’ll custom create a FW. As you know , besides their stellar product performance, HDFury customer support is bar none; and for me, it was a MAJOR factor in choosing the Vertex 2 (no, I don’t own any other of their products).

In today’s consumer driven economy, that is something to be proud of, and it’s amazing how little importance it’s still being given to CS...even by large corporations.

sofakng 07-01-2019 10:59 AM

I've just received my Vertex2 today and it's incredibly solid and extremely polished. This thing screams quality and has a very nice weight to the device as well. You can tell this company cares about it's products!

I also want to thank HDfury (and Ken) for providing me so much help and answering all of my many questions. This company is absolutely fantastic and I haven't seen better customer service!

chenxiaolong 07-01-2019 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just got my Vertex 2 today and it's working well for the most part, but I'm seeing a weird issue and I'm not sure if it's because I configured something wrong. Whenever I turn on or off TX0 (Samsung Q6FN), TX1 also temporarily loses the signal.

I'm using the "11 - 4K60-444 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound" custom EDID and have turned off CEC on the Vertex2, AVR, TV, and projector. I've attached 2 config exports:
  • Before_TX0_On.txt - TX0 was off and TX1 was on
  • After_TX0_On.txt - I turned on TX0. TX1 lost the signal for a few seconds and then the signal came back on both outputs.

My setup looks like this:
  • (Apple TV or Laptop) --> 3ft copper --> Denon X4500 AVR --> 3ft copper --(in 3)--> Vertex2 --(TX0)--> 3ft copper --> Samsung Q6FN TV
  • (Apple TV or Laptop) --> 3ft copper --> Denon X4500 AVR --> 3ft copper --(in 3)--> Vertex2 --(TX1)--> 50ft fiber --> Epson 5050UB projector
  • Nothing plugged into inputs 0, 1, or 2 on the Vertex2

HDfury 07-02-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenxiaolong (Post 58248160)
I just got my Vertex 2 today and it's working well for the most part, but I'm seeing a weird issue and I'm not sure if it's because I configured something wrong. Whenever I turn on or off TX0 (Samsung Q6FN), TX1 also temporarily loses the signal.

I'm using the "11 - 4K60-444 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound" custom EDID and have turned off CEC on the Vertex2, AVR, TV, and projector. I've attached 2 config exports:
  • Before_TX0_On.txt - TX0 was off and TX1 was on
  • After_TX0_On.txt - I turned on TX0. TX1 lost the signal for a few seconds and then the signal came back on both outputs.
My setup looks like this:
  • (Apple TV or Laptop) --> 3ft copper --> Denon X4500 AVR --> 3ft copper --(in 3)--> Vertex2 --(TX0)--> 3ft copper --> Samsung Q6FN TV
  • (Apple TV or Laptop) --> 3ft copper --> Denon X4500 AVR --> 3ft copper --(in 3)--> Vertex2 --(TX1)--> 50ft fiber --> Epson 5050UB projector
  • Nothing plugged into inputs 0, 1, or 2 on the Vertex2

this is normal behavior at the moment. If user is in automix mode then its clear the EDID gets remixed and input will be hotplugged and this results in tx1 to blank as well
however if user is in other than automix there is also a remix for the CEC physical address, this is something that I suppose we could put under some setting enable/disable assuming that if CEC network screws up it doesn't matter if user isn't using CEC anyway but right now we keep it on at all times to remove all this confusion around CEC

So we can add such option and then you can unplug tx1 and it won't affect the tx0 in any way (if not in automix) it would be similar then when unplugging tx0 it would have no effect on tx1but as I said, it screws up cec

You guys want that ?

chenxiaolong 07-02-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58248514)
this is normal behavior at the moment. If user is in automix mode then its clear the EDID gets remixed and input will be hotplugged and this results in tx1 to blank as well
however if user is in other than automix there is also a remix for the CEC physical address, this is something that I suppose we could put under some setting enable/disable assuming that if CEC network screws up it doesn't matter if user isn't using CEC anyway but right now we keep it on at all times to remove all this confusion around CEC

So we can add such option and then you can unplug tx1 and it won't affect the tx0 in any way (if not in automix) it would be similar then when unplugging tx0 it would have no effect on tx1but as I said, it screws up cec

You guys want that ?

Thanks for the info! If it's possible to make the remix optional, that would be great. I did some more testing and it looks like turning off the Samsung Q6FN (TX0) causes the state to change 3 times. First, it remains connected (shows signal on OLED). Then, it switches to "Connected but on standby" and then a couple minutes later, switches to "EDID not available". It would be nice if TX1 didn't lose the signal each time the state changes.

sofakng 07-02-2019 09:36 AM

I agree that would be useful. TX0 and TX1 input source changes shouldn't affect each other unless the EDID (automix) changes.

I also have an EDID automix question...

I'd like to have the following Vertex2 configuration:

TX0 -> 4K LG PC monitor
TX1 -> Denon AVR
SPDIF -> TOSLINK AVR

The problem is that automix doesn't work because it doesn't think TX0 has an audio capability. (i.e. the monitor EDID shows no audio or maybe stereo only) I need it consider TX0 to be 4K PC monitor PLUS SPDIF. Therefore, the automix algorithm would consider "TX0 + SPDIF and TX1". Maybe adding an additional algorithm for "TX0 (or TX1) Priority + Forced SPDIF" or similar?

...or maybe you can link the SPDIF output with TX0 or TX1 in the settings. Then it will add SPDIF compatible EDID to the base TX0 or TX1 EDID. The result would be "Copy TX0 Sink" would actually copy TX0 Sink + SPDIF EDID. It will also consider TX0 or TX1 to be "TX0 + SPDIF" or "TX1 + SPDIF" during automix.

Does that make sense?

Also, is it possible to add sending CEC commands via RS232/telnet as well as HPD pulses and +5V output control? (+5v/HPD pulses are the same thing I think?)

HDfury 07-02-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenxiaolong (Post 58248750)
Thanks for the info! If it's possible to make the remix optional, that would be great. I did some more testing and it looks like turning off the Samsung Q6FN (TX0) causes the state to change 3 times. First, it remains connected (shows signal on OLED). Then, it switches to "Connected but on standby" and then a couple minutes later, switches to "EDID not available". It would be nice if TX1 didn't lose the signal each time the state changes.

As I wrote before, that is absolutely normal to avoid cec logical address issue, so as long as you do not plan to use CEC and understand that CEC CANNOT work this way, then we can add such option.

HDfury 07-02-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng (Post 58249404)
I agree that would be useful. TX0 and TX1 input source changes shouldn't affect each other unless the EDID (automix) changes.

I also have an EDID automix question...

I'd like to have the following Vertex2 configuration:

TX0 -> 4K LG PC monitor
TX1 -> Denon AVR
SPDIF -> TOSLINK AVR

The problem is that automix doesn't work because it doesn't think TX0 has an audio capability. (i.e. the monitor EDID shows no audio or maybe stereo only) I need it consider TX0 to be 4K PC monitor PLUS SPDIF. Therefore, the automix algorithm would consider "TX0 + SPDIF and TX1". Maybe adding an additional algorithm for "TX0 (or TX1) Priority + Forced SPDIF" or similar?

...or maybe you can link the SPDIF output with TX0 or TX1 in the settings. Then it will add SPDIF compatible EDID to the base TX0 or TX1 EDID. The result would be "Copy TX0 Sink" would actually copy TX0 Sink + SPDIF EDID. It will also consider TX0 or TX1 to be "TX0 + SPDIF" or "TX1 + SPDIF" during automix.

Does that make sense?

Also, is it possible to add sending CEC commands via RS232/telnet as well as HPD pulses and +5V output control? (+5v/HPD pulses are the same thing I think?)

If you use CEC (as it seems you wrote you are according to the last sentence) then you cannot disconnect/reconnect output without resync, as stated 2 times, we can do such option but then CEC stop working. the purpose of resync in Custom EDID mode is to update the CEC logical address in EDID (and NOT automix ! automix will always resync if you understand how it works)

About your sound question, it currently does not make sense to me sorry: just select 5.1 as Audio flag in Automix flag and you are done unless I missed something. you can also use a custom EDID with 5.1
Also if you have an AVR, why not advertising full sound always and therefor always get full sound, why do you need 5.1 for your AVR when HDMI can carry higher format ?

sofakng 07-02-2019 10:33 AM

OK ... Maybe I'm not understanding automix correctly.

Does automix work per source -> sink chain?

For example, if TX0 and TX1 have different inputs (RX0 -> TX0 and RX1 -> TX1) then I thought no automix would occur. Each source is going to different sinks so no need to generate different EDID, etc.

However, if both TX0 and TX1 have the same input (RX0) then automix would generate a new EDID based on your automix settings. I believe this is how most matrices/AVRs work?

chenxiaolong 07-02-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58249470)
As I wrote before, that is absolutely normal to avoid cec logical address issue, so as long as you do not plan to use CEC and understand that CEC CANNOT work this way, then we can add such option.

That's completely fine for my use case. I have no intention of using CEC on any device.

HDfury 07-02-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng (Post 58249586)
OK ... Maybe I'm not understanding automix correctly.

Does automix work per source -> sink chain?

For example, if TX0 and TX1 have different inputs (RX0 -> TX0 and RX1 -> TX1) then I thought no automix would occur. Each source is going to different sinks so no need to generate different EDID, etc.

However, if both TX0 and TX1 have the same input (RX0) then automix would generate a new EDID based on your automix settings. I believe this is how most matrices/AVRs work?

It's way more complex than that, mainly because the most popular use case is 4K to TV, lower to AVR or capture or FHD sink, etc...
AUTOMIX will always make a mix and this mix is under YOUR control, so based on your use case you define the proper ALGO and the proper forced flag.
And when you do that you should also consider the unit downscaling capabilities, since Audio out is always 720p/1080p and TX1 can downscale, most of the time you will target 4K for TX0 and let the unit do the video operation automatically (Autoscaling > Autosense).

what you describe here is a situation where you should use custom EDID and you can create your own custom EDID from Automix EDID (just save to file and load it back as custom EDID)
If TX0 and TX1 use different input, then use different custom edid for each input.
If TX0 and TX1 have same input, then use custom edid or automix

Last but not least, even if one input goes to one output, an EDID will always be remixed because as we discussed above, you need CEC logical address to be shifted, you cannot just blindly copy an edid and expect everything to work fine, it won't work fine if you do that. (at least not for CEC)

HDfury 07-02-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenxiaolong (Post 58249680)
That's completely fine for my use case. I have no intention of using CEC on any device.

Ok good, i'll check with devs if they can add such feature then.

sofakng 07-02-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58249774)
If TX0 and TX1 use different input, then use different custom edid for each input.
If TX0 and TX1 have same input, then use custom edid or automix

Yes, that is what I'm trying to automatically work without me having to change EDID settings every time I change inputs.

It seems like HDfury Diva/Vertex/Integral work a little differently than traditional HDMI matrices. Normally if two inputs were going to different outputs the matrix wouldn't change EDID. The only time it would change EDID is if one input was going to multiple outputs. That is the only situation where it needs to make sure all displays are compatible so it needs to generate an EDID compatible with all displays.

I was hoping it would work like this:

Quote:

Example #1

RX0 -> TX0
RX1 -> TX1

No automix. TX0 EDID would be sent in RX0 and TX1 EDID would be sent to RX1.
Quote:

Example #2

RX0 -> TX0 & TX1

If TX0 is turned off (i.e. TV is off) then TX1 EDID would be sent to RX0.
If TX1 is turned off (i.e. TV is off) then TX0 EDID would be sent to RX0.
If both outputs were turned on, then it would automix to get compatible output signal.
Hopefully I'm still misunderstanding something. I know that I can use Vertex(2) to downscale and upscale to generate compatible signals for each display but I was hoping to use the Vertex(2) more like a traditional HDMI matrix with HDMI audio extraction, HDMI diagnostic information, etc.

HDfury 07-02-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng (Post 58250324)
Yes, that is what I'm trying to automatically work without me having to change EDID settings every time I change inputs.

It seems like HDfury Diva/Vertex/Integral work a little differently than traditional HDMI matrices. Normally if two inputs were going to different outputs the matrix wouldn't change EDID. The only time it would change EDID is if one input was going to multiple outputs. That is the only situation where it needs to make sure all displays are compatible so it needs to generate an EDID compatible with all displays.

I was hoping it would work like this:

Hopefully I'm still misunderstanding something. I know that I can use Vertex(2) to downscale and upscale to generate compatible signals for each display but I was hoping to use the Vertex(2) more like a traditional HDMI matrix with HDMI audio extraction, HDMI diagnostic information, etc.

Yes we can add such option too, no problem but it will be after some priority update.
First is config import for Diva/Maestro/Vertex2
And we just found some bug thanx to an user on FW0.23 for Vertex2, so there is an update incoming (some DV/HDR options get checked after a reboot)

HDfury 07-02-2019 03:07 PM

Vertex² Mandatory update for users running FW0.23

If you are running FW023 for ARC please update to FW0.24
this solves an issue with HDR/DV options getting enabled after reboot

https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_24.zip

If you use FW0.22 for eARC no need to update.

One main firmware covering ARC and eARC is underway

sofakng 07-02-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58250362)
Yes we can add such option too, no problem but it will be after some priority update.
First is config import for Diva/Maestro/Vertex2
And we just found some bug thanx to an user on FW0.23 for Vertex2, so there is an update incoming (some DV/HDR options get checked after a reboot)

Sounds good, thanks.

I didn't mention this, but I'm connecting the Vertex2 to displays located in different rooms. That is I consider each output a completely separately video chain, etc.

no_cure 07-02-2019 11:11 PM

I've had some time to setup the Vertex 2...

Cliff Notes: this AV unit is AWESOME!!! If you were ever on the fence, just go ahead, do yourself a favour, and just get it...Vertex 2 lives up to its expectations, and in my humble opinions, it surpasses them! I briefly tried to setup an Integral 2...no comparison (mind you I had some HT audio issues back then, so a little unfair)

Impressions, after setting it up this evening:

A. BUILD - 10/10

It's impressively solid, case is metal, nothing is flimsy about it. And the OLED screen is a beaut to boot..icing on the cake!

B. FUNCTIONALITY - 10/10

Plug-n-Play just works man. My setup is pretty modest:
UHD Sources:

1. ATV4k
2. Cambridge Audio CXUHD
Destinations:
1. Sony 940E (HDR + LLDV capable)
2. Krell Evolution 7073D Pre/Pro driving 5.2 channels so it's a negative on Dolby Atmos (DTS Master HD or Dolby True HD max)

My connections:
ATV 4k -> 10ft copper -> (in 2) Vertex² (out TX0) -> 10ft copper -> Sony 940E
CXUHD-> 10ft copper -> (in 1) Vertex² (out TX0) ------------------> Sony 940E
----------------------------------> Vertex² (Audio Out) --------------> Krell 707

Note: I don't care for CEC or ARC...so all that is disabled at both source and Vertex 2.

I plugged all inputs and outputs per the above. Note: all my HDMI cables are 10 ft copper specked at 18 Gps/600MHz (rated but not certified). Immediately I was able to get both image and sound. Mind you, neither the picture nor the sound were at their peak straight out of the box...enter Webserver as I had to get tweaking

C. FLEXIBILITY - 10/10
As I mentioned above, I didn't get DV nor HDR in the beginning, so I had to connect the Vertex 2 to my router (CAT5 ethernet) and open up the corresponding IP address.

Getting the Webserver up and running was a breeze, just like everything else thus far.

Messing about the EDID and DV/HDR tabs, I was able to get both HDR, DV and corresponding sound track. I left the EDID as 'AutoMix', although I messed about with 'Custom' as well...

Interesting to note that, every-time I've made a selection via the Webserver, within 1-2 sec it took effect (the screen temporarily goes blank).

D. CLOSING NOTES:

- the OLED screen is a gem
- setting up is easy and intuitive
- it just works out of the box

- I always like a SOLID and HEAVY feel in all of my AV gear. The Vertex 2 is built better than most UDH BluRay players. I think it even weighs more than some of them despite being 4-5 times smaller in size

- it doesn't produce any heat...unit is cool as a cucumber after hours being on
- this could be a Jedi Mind Trick the Vertex 2 is playing on me, but I think the video quality (once setup to the correct colour and rez) is better with it. Images are sharper, slightly more vivid. Regardless, I'm certainly enjoying the slight image boost

The only downsides, and I'm nitpicking here:

- not sure here, could be a limitation of my AVR/prepro since it doesn't handle Dolby Atmos and ATV4k doesn't bitstream like the NVIDIA Shield, but I couldn't get it to pass it through when testing Altered Carbon via ATV4k. Dolby Vision was great, but sound was muted...unless I went inside the ATV4k Audio settings and turn off Dolby Atmos Immersive Sound checkbox. The Netflix title info showed Dolby Atmos and Vision are on...
- when starting to play content (both via BluRay or ATV4k) an image starts, but the screen flickers a couple of times (2-4 sec max) until it latches on. Once it's on...it's SOLID
- I'm still getting used to auto-switching. Didn't get a true handle how that works if BOTH all sources are still on. To make sure that it switched, I had to put the ATV4k to sleep or turn off the BD player. Then the Vertex 2 certainly switched to the available input.

All in all: CONGRATS HDfury. Well done, an excellent product - top notch!

no_cure 07-02-2019 11:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Grasping at air here...if an AVR isn't meant to handle Dolby Atmos sound via ATV4K, what should happen?

As described in my post above, if Dolby Atmos immersive sound is selected in the ATV audio settings, the resulting sound is muted to my AVR. I was expecting to get however something like Dolby Digital + at least. Also, the OLED info shows "_ ch} instead of some integer like "2.0 ch"

If I select 'BEST AUDIO AVAILABLE' and UN-check Dolby Atmos, my AVR shows PCM 5.1 - as expected (input signal is LPCM 7.1 of course since it's best ATV4k can do)

However, if I manually check audio and force to Dolby Digital 5.1, the AVR shows 2ch Dolby Digital (but I've configured it to processes DD 2.0 input as Dolby Pro Logic IIx). Also this is as expected.

The interesting find here is that, to me, the Dolby Pro Logic IIx much more immersive and spatially open vs. the higher channel when selecting 'best audio available'. Unsure if anyone else found that.

So to close this: can I leverage my new Vertex 2 to 'force' somehow Dolby Atmos envelope to my non-atmos AVR and output DD+ instead (don't think DD TruHD is possible today w/ ATV4k, likely with the NVIDIA Shield)?

FYI - I've included 3 config files of all my setup. Perhaps HDfury can find some setting off...

Cheerio!

HDfury 07-03-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58251782)
Grasping at air here...if an AVR isn't meant to handle Dolby Atmos sound via ATV4K, what should happen?

As described in my post above, if Dolby Atmos immersive sound is selected in the ATV audio settings, the resulting sound is muted to my AVR. I was expecting to get however something like Dolby Digital + at least. Also, the OLED info shows "_ ch} instead of some integer like "2.0 ch"

If I select 'BEST AUDIO AVAILABLE' and UN-check Dolby Atmos, my AVR shows PCM 5.1 - as expected (input signal is LPCM 7.1 of course since it's best ATV4k can do)

However, if I manually check audio and force to Dolby Digital 5.1, the AVR shows 2ch Dolby Digital (but I've configured it to processes DD 2.0 input as Dolby Pro Logic IIx). Also this is as expected.

The interesting find here is that, to me, the Dolby Pro Logic IIx much more immersive and spatially open vs. the higher channel when selecting 'best audio available'. Unsure if anyone else found that.

So to close this: can I leverage my new Vertex 2 to 'force' somehow Dolby Atmos envelope to my non-atmos AVR and output DD+ instead (don't think DD TruHD is possible today w/ ATV4k, likely with the NVIDIA Shield)?

FYI - I've included 3 config files of all my setup. Perhaps HDfury can find some setting off...

Cheerio!

Thanx for above feedback ! much appreciated. Unit will get even better with time, devs working hard on new updates.

ATV4K use Dolby MAT for ATMOS transmission since some FW update they did some months ago, they were using Atmos over True HD before and it was compatible with way more equipment.
If your sound system does not support Dolby MAT for Atmos, like many older one, then there is no way to get Atmos from ATV4K (at least not until they offer option to select Dolby MAT/True HD or come back to previous way as it's clearly making problem to many users)
There is nothing we can do for that, only Apple could do something if they care about it.

For switching: Autoswitch will switch to source that is ON when current turns OFF or when no other is ON yet, if you want to switch to another source as soon as its ON, make sure Input priority is also ENABLED.

For Resync when starting playback, even a direct source > TV will resync when res/hdcp/chroma/color depth/etc.. changes, but TV is driving panel directly so it appears super fast, when you use device in the middle like our devices, you will have a longer resync time, because first source output and our device input sync together and then our devices output and TV input sync together and then TV can push signal to the panel.

PS: As long as you do not reboot the unit, you should be fine, but fw you are using (0.23) have a bug that we corrected on FW0.24 so may be you will want to update or wait next update, due soon.

proza 07-03-2019 04:30 AM

Received mine, super impressed.
I had Vertex, Vertex pcb2, Integral 2 and now Vertex 2, and the quality that this box is projecting is just phenomenal.
So far don't even need the IR codes because the auto switching is just that good :D

Also very impressed with 2-day delivery. Wasn't very happy with paying 100 EUR to the DHL guy for Toll, but that's how it is :D

HDfury 07-03-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proza (Post 58252078)
Received mine, super impressed.
I had Vertex, Vertex pcb2, Integral 2 and now Vertex 2, and the quality that this box is projecting is just phenomenal.
So far don't even need the IR codes because the auto switching is just that good :D

Also very impressed with 2-day delivery. Wasn't very happy with paying 100 EUR to the DHL guy for Toll, but that's how it is :D

Thanx for the feedback, IR code will be updated on next firmware as there is a conflict with some Yamaha AVR IR codes.

no_cure 07-03-2019 08:31 AM

Didn't really look for it during my initial setup session, but does the Vertex2 have a stand-by power mode or is it always on? Does it go to sleep after a certain period of inactivity?

no_cure 07-03-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58252058)
Thanx for above feedback ! much appreciated. Unit will get even better with time, devs working hard on new updates.

ATV4K use Dolby MAT for ATMOS transmission since some FW update they did some months ago, they were using Atmos over True HD before and it was compatible with way more equipment.
If your sound system does not support Dolby MAT for Atmos, like many older one, then there is no way to get Atmos from ATV4K (at least not until they offer option to select Dolby MAT/True HD or come back to previous way as it's clearly making problem to many users)
There is nothing we can do for that, only Apple could do something if they care about it.

For switching: Autoswitch will switch to source that is ON when current turns OFF or when no other is ON yet, if you want to switch to another source as soon as its ON, make sure Input priority is also ENABLED.

For Resync when starting playback, even a direct source > TV will resync when res/hdcp/chroma/color depth/etc.. changes, but TV is driving panel directly so it appears super fast, when you use device in the middle like our devices, you will have a longer resync time, because first source output and our device input sync together and then our devices output and TV input sync together and then TV can push signal to the panel.

PS: As long as you do not reboot the unit, you should be fine, but fw you are using (0.23) have a bug that we corrected on FW0.24 so may be you will want to update or wait next update, due soon.

Thanks @HDfury . Understood regarding ATV4k & Dolby MAT.

Is FW 0.24 mandatory for all, or just recommended for those with ARC/CEC concerns?

HDfury 07-03-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58252758)
Didn't really look for it during my initial setup session, but does the Vertex2 have a stand-by power mode or is it always on? Does it go to sleep after a certain period of inactivity?

As long as there is no signal going thru it, power consumption is nearly nothing, so basically standby mode is whatever OLED timer is set to. if no signal and OLED timer expired(or off) then device is in standby, only hotplug event (source or sink turning on) will wake it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58252774)
Thanks @HDfury. Understood regarding ATV4k & Dolby MAT.

Is FW 0.24 mandatory for all, or just recommended for those with ARC/CEC concerns?

It's better to use 0.23 rather than 0.24 (since only 0.23 have issue) but if you are on 0.22, then no need to update, you can wait future mandatory update to do so.

0.23 will enable some options related to HDR when unit is rebooted, so if you play any HDR content, better update to 0.24

0.22 for eARC
0.24 for ARC

If you don't use ARC or eARC then you can use either 0.22 or 0.24

one firmware for both ARC/eARC will come soon.

proza 07-03-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58252458)
Thanx for the feedback, IR code will be updated on next firmware as there is a conflict with some Yamaha AVR IR codes.

lol I just emailed Harmony :D
Will all change, or just some? Would be great if the channel selectors remained stable ;-)

What's the difference between the 3 btw?

vertex2_inputsel0
vertex2_inputsel0x
vertex2_inputselx0

proza 07-03-2019 09:42 AM

Regarding ATV4k Atmos/MAT, etc,
How about a FAQ? https://hackmd.io/@kuPOFgJRRmGcTJoXQIxy4g/H1rznrcgS (sign in to edit)

no_cure 07-03-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58252828)
As long as there is no signal going thru it, power consumption is nearly nothing, so basically standby mode is whatever OLED timer is set to. if no signal and OLED timer expired(or off) then device is in standby, only hotplug event (source or sink turning on) will wake it up.

It's better to use 0.23 rather than 0.24 (since only 0.23 have issue) but if you are on 0.22, then no need to update, you can wait future mandatory update to do so.

0.23 will enable some options related to HDR when unit is rebooted, so if you play any HDR content, better update to 0.24

0.22 for eARC
0.24 for ARC

If you don't use ARC or eARC then you can use either 0.22 or 0.24

one firmware for both ARC/eARC will come soon.

Thank you for the always detailed responses @HDfury . I haven't updated the fw on the Vertex 2...I think it came with .23 from the factory, and since my TV does support HDR and LLDV, I'll update to .24 regardless.

On a related note, can the Vertex 2 be rolled back to a previous FW if the current one proves too buggy? Most devices won't allow that nowadays it seems (e.g. ATV, most smart 4k TVs, etc.).

Not that it matters, you guys always can be counted on to release any subsequent updates as required to fix ANY persistent bug...and that's one of the many reasons that makes your company stellar.

Keep up the fantastic work HDfury!

no_cure 07-03-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proza (Post 58253022)
Regarding ATV4k Atmos/MAT, etc,
How about a FAQ? https://hackmd.io/@kuPOFgJRRmGcTJoXQIxy4g/H1rznrcgS (sign in to edit)

Well done @proza . Thanks for creating that.

HDfury 07-03-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58253216)
Thank you for the always detailed responses @HDfury. I haven't updated the fw on the Vertex 2...I think it came with .23 from the factory, and since my TV does support HDR and LLDV, I'll update to .24 regardless.

On a related note, can the Vertex 2 be rolled back to a previous FW if the current one proves too buggy? Most devices won't allow that nowadays it seems (e.g. ATV, most smart 4k TVs, etc.).

Not that it matters, you guys always can be counted on to release any subsequent updates as required to fix ANY persistent bug...and that's one of the many reasons that makes your company stellar.

Keep up the fantastic work HDfury!

You can revert back to any firmware any time, no problem.

HDfury 07-03-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proza (Post 58252976)
lol I just emailed Harmony :D
Will all change, or just some? Would be great if the channel selectors remained stable ;-)

What's the difference between the 3 btw?

vertex2_inputsel0
vertex2_inputsel0x
vertex2_inputselx0

Yes header will change for all codes.

You can refer to same question/same answer on Diva thread here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vi...l#post58078322

ex: 0x means tx0 will be port0 and port1 is whatever it was
x3 means that tx0 remains and tx1 will be port3
And the normal previous 0 ,1, 2 ,3 just mean that both will switch to that channel

JonnyVee 07-03-2019 11:39 AM

Got my unit yesterday! Unfortunately I can't setup yet or do any testing as I'm doing house renovations.

Solid unit though. Looking forward to getting it set up.

no_cure 07-03-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyVee (Post 58253612)
Solid unit though

Agreed...having held an Integral 2 in my hands (didn't end up using it though) by comparison, the Vertex 2 feels like a tremendously better engineered product. And the Integral 2 was and still is a well regarded matrix/switch/splitter.

no_cure 07-03-2019 01:23 PM

This is a welcomed surprise as I didn't expect it. I have noted this in my initial observation review, but DEFINITELY the video portion has improved as a direct result of inserting Vertex 2 in my Video chain...especially while streaming Netflix via ATV4k...which I watch quite a bit.

Example: my test case is Altered Carbon series that boasts Dolby Vision + Atmos. While my AVR doesn't decode Dolby MAT audio, my TV is happily decoding LLDV video.

Prior to Vertex 2, the show was indeed extremely crisp, but slightly dark...in my experience, DV streams have that innate darker pallet vs. an HDR10 content, although they do represent a more accurate studio mastering overall picture (1,000 nits avg for HDR10 vs ~ 4,000 for DV I've read in some article)

After the installation, same DV show and episode seem brighter but without the inherent dark scenes. Noticeable for me to even comment on this...

Does the Vertex 2 have some inherent video processing to improve gamma, colour gamuts, etc (à la Oppo 205)? I know it doesn't manipulate sound in any way...but since it is capable of video scaling, it wouldn't be a stretch??

HDfury 07-03-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58254142)
This is a welcomed surprise as I didn't expect it. I have noted this in my initial observation review, but DEFINITELY the video portion has improved as a direct result of inserting Vertex 2 in my Video chain...especially while streaming Netflix via ATV4k...which I watch quite a bit.

Example: my test case is Altered Carbon series that boasts Dolby Vision + Atmos. While my AVR doesn't decode Dolby MAT audio, my TV is happily decoding LLDV video.

Prior to Vertex 2, the show was indeed extremely crisp, but slightly dark...in my experience, DV streams have that innate darker pallet vs. an HDR10 content, although they do represent a more accurate studio mastering overall picture (1,000 nits avg for HDR10 vs ~ 4,000 for DV I've read in some article)

After the installation, same DV show and episode seem brighter but without the inherent dark scenes. Noticeable for me to even comment on this...

Does the Vertex 2 have some inherent video processing to improve gamma, colour gamuts, etc (à la Oppo 205)? I know it doesn't manipulate sound in any way...but since it is capable of video scaling, it wouldn't be a stretch??

No, what comes in / goes out untouched unless you have set some specific options. maybe post a config export when playing this particular content and I can look into it for anything obvious.

no_cure 07-03-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58254646)
No, what comes in / goes out untouched unless you have set some specific options. maybe post a config export when playing this particular content and I can look into it for anything obvious.

Ok...perhaps my eyes are playing a trick. I swear that Netflix streams w/ Dolby Vision via ATV4k look better now...

Anyways, I've posted my config up in post #62 I think...and content is Netflix LLDV. Let me know if you find something of interest in my setup.

Thanks again!!

sofakng 07-03-2019 05:14 PM

Hmmm... I just turned on my TV and had no signal.

The web GUI showed blank for Video TX0/TX1 (known issue). I was able to change inputs on the GUI but still no output signal. I also tried sending an HPD pulse using the GUI and still nothing.

I forced a reboot on the Vertex2 and then a signal displayed right away.

Anybody have anything similar?

no_cure 07-03-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng (Post 58255014)

The web GUI showed blank for Video TX0/TX1 (known issue). I was able to change inputs on the GUI but still no output signal. I also tried sending an HPD pulse using the GUI and still nothing.

Now that you mentioned it...that happened to me as well. I am not sure what I did to trigger it, but I’m pretty sure that I was messing about with the EDID or DV/HDR tabs. Every change I made, of course, it triggered a change to the unit and temporarily blanked out the screen.

I guess at some point, the screen remained blank. Rebooting it however got it all back up.

HDfury 07-03-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Export config if it happens again please

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58254722)
Ok...perhaps my eyes are playing a trick. I swear that Netflix streams w/ Dolby Vision via ATV4k look better now...

Anyways, I've posted my config up in post #62 I think...and content is Netflix LLDV. Let me know if you find something of interest in my setup.

Thanks again!!

Those configs in post 62 are FW0.23, I need them from FW0.24 or 22, but not 23. thx.
How did you have source connected before ? straight to TV or thru AVR/soundbar ?

no_cure 07-03-2019 06:35 PM

Aah ok, I’ll update to .24 and I’ll post new config files

Before Vertex2, I had the ATV4K straight into my Sony TV, no interference from any AVR or sound-bar.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback!

Jango8 07-04-2019 04:46 AM

I purchased the Vertex2. I've not plugged it in yet. I want to include it as a device with my Logitech Harmony Elite remote. Is the Vertex2 included as a device in Harmony's database, as I cannot locate it?

I just want to ensure that when I use one of my 4 devices, the Vertex2 switches to the right input correctly.

Any assistance appreciated.

HDfury 07-04-2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jango8 (Post 58256260)
I purchased the Vertex2. I've not plugged it in yet. I want to include it as a device with my Logitech Harmony Elite remote. Is the Vertex2 included as a device in Harmony's database, as I cannot locate it?

I just want to ensure that when I use one of my 4 devices, the Vertex2 switches to the right input correctly.

Any assistance appreciated.

You asked same question on Support server and via private message, already answered, please choose one way for asking questions and stick with it, it only waste time to post same question in multi locations. thanx.

no_cure 07-04-2019 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58255154)
Those configs in post 62 are FW0.23, I need them from FW0.24 or 22, but not 23. thx.

Hello, I've updated Vertex2 to FW 0.24. I'll say it again - using the Webserver is a joy...easy, intuitive and fast!

Anyway, I've attached my latest config...I'm using Automix for my EDID settings with Full Audio and all the right HDR + DV flags checked. Placebo effect or not, DV content via ATV4k Netflix looks better to me now.

Thank you @HDfury !

HDfury 07-04-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58257968)
Hello, I've updated Vertex2 to FW 0.24. I'll say it again - using the Webserver is a joy...easy, intuitive and fast!

Anyway, I've attached my latest config...I'm using Automix for my EDID settings with Full Audio and all the right HDR + DV flags checked. Placebo effect or not, DV content via ATV4k Netflix looks better to me now.

Thank you @HDfury!

Config looks good to me, the only little thing is may be FULL AUDIO flag, if your soundbar or AVR does not support everything in existence today then using AUDIO OUT instead of Full Audio is better. but if your sound equipment support everything, then you are just fine.

Anyway new update is coming shortly with config import, so from that step you won't have to redo any setting, export config, update to new firmware, import config back and you are done.

DrMichael 07-04-2019 03:13 PM

I just hooked up the Vertex 2 and I am having issues with HDR 10. I have an OLED LG C8 and when trying to play PS4 in HDR the screen tries to change to HDR but the colors go from bright and vibrant to very washed out. I am using the same cable that I used when I had this connected to my processor so I know it passes HDR. I have changed the EDID settings from Copy TX0 sink to custom 2 and it doesn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated!

HDfury 07-05-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMichael (Post 58258202)
I just hooked up the Vertex 2 and I am having issues with HDR 10. I have an OLED LG C8 and when trying to play PS4 in HDR the screen tries to change to HDR but the colors go from bright and vibrant to very washed out. I am using the same cable that I used when I had this connected to my processor so I know it passes HDR. I have changed the EDID settings from Copy TX0 sink to custom 2 and it doesn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Make sure to run either FW0.22 for eARC or FW0.24 for ARC (or any of those 2 if you don't use ARC or eARC) and EXPORT CONFIG and add it as attachment.
You are prolly one FW0.23 which had issue with some HDR options getting activated after reboot.

no_cure 07-05-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58258098)
Config looks good to me, the only little thing is may be FULL AUDIO flag, if your soundbar or AVR does not support everything in existence today then using AUDIO OUT instead of Full Audio is better. but if your sound equipment support everything, then you are just fine.

Anyway new update is coming shortly with config import, so from that step you won't have to redo any setting, export config, update to new firmware, import config back and you are done.

Thank you, I appreciate you 'reviewing' my config setup.

The FULL AUDIO flag works great for my audio setup. The only slight concern I have is, whenever I'm playing a HDR10 disc via Cambridge UHD 4k player for example, the pre/pro plays HBR Audio no problem, but my Sony TV keeps showing message "Unsupported Audio Format. Check your device output" every few seconds.

From my limited knowledge, I believe that most Sony TVs will only accept PCM audio, so the message about High Bit Rate audio makes sense. Somehow, checking/un-checking the Full Audio box in the Vertex2 Web-server seems to cure the issue and the pop-up message on the TV goes away...until I play a new disc that is. No biggie as I have a workaround...just reporting it for wider knowledge.

Selecting AUDIO OUT will not pass through HBR audio to my pre/pro (e.g. DTS Master or Dolby True HD uncompressed audio)...so I won't do that.

EDIT: not home currently so I can't test it, but I think issue is solved.

Selecting "MUTE TX0 AUDIO" under the CONFIG section via the Webserver will solve the Sony pop-up message of "unsupported audio". This will essentially won't send any audio to the TV, retain FULL AUDIO capabilities to my AVR...which is what I want. So for those having similar issue, give that a try.

P.S. Is there a way to send PCM audio to TX0 (where the 4k/HDR/DV TV monitor is) and maintain FULL AUDIO to the AVR @ AUDIO OUT port? Sometimes, other family members won't care to turn on my AVR HT setup and just listen to TV speakers.

HDfury 07-05-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58260928)
Thank you, I appreciate you 'reviewing' my config setup.

The FULL AUDIO flag works great for my audio setup. The only slight concern I have is, whenever I'm playing a HDR10 disc via Cambridge UHD 4k player for example, the pre/pro plays HBR Audio no problem, but my Sony TV keeps showing message "Unsupported Audio Format. Check your device output" every few seconds.

From my limited knowledge, I believe that most Sony TVs will only accept PCM audio, so the message about High Bit Rate audio makes sense. Somehow, checking/un-checking the Full Audio box in the Vertex2 Web-server seems to cure the issue and the pop-up message on the TV goes away...until I play a new disc that is. No biggie as I have a workaround...just reporting it for wider knowledge.

Selecting AUDIO OUT will not pass through HBR audio to my pre/pro (e.g. DTS Master or Dolby True HD uncompressed audio)...so I won't do that.

Make sure you always restart your source when you do any EDID changes. (such as changing AUDIO flags)

Also, you can turn off sound going to your sony TV if you want. Webserver > Config > MUTE TX0 AUDIO ON

no_cure 07-05-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58261028)
Make sure you always restart your source when you do any EDID changes. (such as changing AUDIO flags)

Also, you can turn off sound going to your sony TV if you want. Webserver > Config > MUTE TX0 AUDIO ON

Thank you, I've edited my original post before seeing your response...just noticed the "Mute TX0 Audio" option under the Config section in the user manual. That should solve my main issue.

Thanks again!

DrMichael 07-05-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58259852)
Make sure to run either FW0.22 for eARC or FW0.24 for ARC (or any of those 2 if you don't use ARC or eARC) and EXPORT CONFIG and add it as attachment.
You are prolly one FW0.23 which had issue with some HDR options getting activated after reboot.

This sounds really dumb but how do I know if I am using either?

no_cure 07-05-2019 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMichael (Post 58262202)

No such thing as a dumb question...this product is new, so we're all learning.

Upon logging into the Websever, the top section shows 3 lines as follows:
- the host name
- IP address (local to your network)
- FW: 0.2x

Probably, if you were like me, yours was shipped with 0.23. You can download the latest FW 0.24 here https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

I've also attached a screen shot; see User Manual pg. 17

HDfury 07-06-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMichael (Post 58262202)

Easiest way is to look at OLED when it boots up, FW is wrote on it.

sofakng 07-06-2019 10:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_cure (Post 58255094)
Now that you mentioned it...that happened to me as well. I am not sure what I did to trigger it, but I’m pretty sure that I was messing about with the EDID or DV/HDR tabs. Every change I made, of course, it triggered a change to the unit and temporarily blanked out the screen.

I guess at some point, the screen remained blank. Rebooting it however got it all back up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfury (Post 58255154)
Export config if it happens again please

OK ... It just happened again.

Signal appeared on TV for about a second and then went to NO SIGNAL. I changed inputs on the Vertex2 using the WEB GUI and my TV flashed it's information screen showing 480p but the picture was black. It kept showing 480p and then black. (i.e. it was receiving sync but then it stopped and it repeated)

Rebooting the Vertex2 immediately fixed the problem.

I've attached two exported configuration files. One before the reboot and one after.

I'm a huge fan of HDfury and the support so I'm sure it will get resolved. Hopefully they can replicate though ASAP as this is a very big problem for me :(

HDfury 07-06-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng (Post 58264836)
OK ... It just happened again.

Signal appeared on TV for about a second and then went to NO SIGNAL. I changed inputs on the Vertex2 using the WEB GUI and my TV flashed it's information screen showing 480p but the picture was black. It kept showing 480p and then black. (i.e. it was receiving sync but then it stopped and it repeated)

Rebooting the Vertex2 immediately fixed the problem.

I've attached two exported configuration files. One before the reboot and one after.

I'm a huge fan of HDfury and the support so I'm sure it will get resolved. Hopefully they can replicate though ASAP as this is a very big problem for me :(

I cannot take 0.23 as valid config file, please update to 0.24 for ARC or 0.22 for eARC, 0.25 due soon.

Also Before reboot TX1 was forwarding inp 3, After Reboot TX1 was forwarding inp 1.
so was any signal coming from inp 3 and what is connected to it ? what is connected to inp1 and which of these sources was you trying to play ?

thx524 07-07-2019 12:03 AM

Just received Vertex2. This is my first experience with an HDFury product. So far it's an easy setup to just get video to TV and audio split to AVR. My issue is my Xbox One X.

The number one reason why I purchased the Vertex2 is so I'd be able to utilize all the video options available from Xbox One X and LG 75SM9070. (i.e. Xbox One X settings: Allow auto low latency mode, Allow variable refresh rate, Allow Dolby Vision) All of those options work if I connect directly from Xbox to TV, but I need multiple devices into Vertex2 with one out to TV. If the Vertex2 is pass through only, why won't it allow those options to be selected in the Xbox like it does when I connect directly from Xbox to TV?

Current EDID; Custom Input 0 # 11, Input 1, 2, 3 Follow Input 0, Automix: Full, HDR FLAGS: HDR 10+, COLOR FLAGS: BT.2020/xvYCBCr, DV FLAGS: none checked

Xbox One X > Vertex2 HDMI 0 > TX0 > RX0 (LG 75SM9070 HDMI2 eARC)
Pioneer Elite LX500 > Vertex2 HDMI 1 > TX0 > RX0 (LG 75SM9070 HDMI2 eARC)
Xbox One X, Pioneer Elite LX500 > Vertex2 HDMI 0/1 > Audio Out > Pioneer Elite SC-99 AVR

So far that is the only option I've changed was the audio to Full. Not sure what other changes I'd need to make???
Also, for the Pioneer Elite LX500, what custom EDID is best for a 4K Blu Ray only player? Custom # 11 or # 65?

Thank you in advance HDFury :)

Shepardos 07-07-2019 04:05 AM

Hi Experts,

Is the HDFury Meastro the same as the Vertex2 plus HDBastT?

Thanks
S.

HDfury 07-07-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepardos (Post 58267264)
Hi Experts,

Is the HDFury Meastro the same as the Vertex2 plus HDBastT?

Thanks
S.

See here: https://www.hdfury.com/next-gen-comparison/
But basically yes, you can resume it like you did, just Maestro is TX/RX so you have more input, more output, 2 webserver, internet sharing and others, just refer to above link.