Any devices to display/view HDMI signal information and pass-through signal? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-20-2019, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Any devices to display/view HDMI signal information and pass-through signal?

Are there any devices that can pass-through an HDMI signal with zero latency, but decode the signal information and output over TCP/IP or RS232?

Basically I'd like exactly the HDfury Vertex/Integral 2 does but I don't need any scaling/matrix, etc. (I also already have an HDfury Vertex that I use for other purposes in a different location)

The problem I'm trying to solve is that sometimes I don't get a signal on my TV and I have several components in the chain (PS4 -> Denon AVR [Zone 2] -> Gefen Matrix -> HDbaseT -> TV), and I was thinking it might be helpful to see if the device (PS4, etc) is actually outputting anything or if it's another device in the chain.

EDIT: I'm wondering if HDCP might be the cause for my intermittent problems?

Last edited by sofakng; 06-20-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-23-2019, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4290 Post(s)
Liked: 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Are there any devices that can pass-through an HDMI signal with zero latency, but decode the signal information and output over TCP/IP or RS232?

Basically I'd like exactly the HDfury Vertex/Integral 2 does but I don't need any scaling/matrix, etc. (I also already have an HDfury Vertex that I use for other purposes in a different location)

The problem I'm trying to solve is that sometimes I don't get a signal on my TV and I have several components in the chain (PS4 -> Denon AVR [Zone 2] -> Gefen Matrix -> HDbaseT -> TV), and I was thinking it might be helpful to see if the device (PS4, etc) is actually outputting anything or if it's another device in the chain.

EDIT: I'm wondering if HDCP might be the cause for my intermittent problems?
If you have Vertex already, just get special firmware and insert it betwwen PS4 and Denon to see if it helps your issue, you can send email for that.
You can also insert it anywhere in the chain to find out which device stop or break transmission.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page