4K HDMI splitter outputting 2 different resolutions ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 10-26-2019, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
4K HDMI splitter outputting 2 different resolutions ?

I have a FIOS 4K DVR connected to my slingbox with a HDMI splitter . I can't watch 4K channels on my FIOS unit with this setup because the splitter lowers the resolution for the slingbox . I have to manually disconnect the splitter to see 4K . My setup is output from the FIOS DVR to splitter then one output to the TV and one to the slingbox . Is there a 4K two output splitter that will send a 4K picture to my FIOS DVR and send a lower resolution picture to my slingbox ? I tried reading various treads concerning the HD Fury products and I didn't notice any mention of a splitter with this capability .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-27-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodey View Post
I have a FIOS 4K DVR connected to my slingbox with a HDMI splitter . I can't watch 4K channels on my FIOS unit with this setup because the splitter lowers the resolution for the slingbox . I have to manually disconnect the splitter to see 4K . My setup is output from the FIOS DVR to splitter then one output to the TV and one to the slingbox . Is there a 4K two output splitter that will send a 4K picture to my FIOS DVR and send a lower resolution picture to my slingbox ? I tried reading various treads concerning the HD Fury products and I didn't notice any mention of a splitter with this capability .

All our devices can do that: Vertex/Integral2/Vertex2/Diva/Maestro

If you want to play 4K HDR and have 1080p SDR to slingbox, only DIVA can do it.

If you play 4K SDR and want to have 4K SDR to slingbox, all will work for that, if you play 4K HDR, you will have 1080p HDR to slingbox, unless you use HDfury Diva, which can pass 4K HDR and convert the 1080p output to SDR.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-12-2019, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

I purchased the Integral 2 and set it up with HDCP at 2.2 and EDID on Automix Mode . Nothing but problems . I understood it was capable of simultaneously outputting a signal to my 4K LG tv and a 1080 signal to my slingbox . Will not do it but that is the least of my problems . When I use the slingbox from the 1080 output and then disconnect from the slingbox my tv will not show any signal . The Integral is lite up in green but nothing on the tv . I have to reboot my FIOS DVR box to get a picture back on my tv . Then the output to the slingbox will not work . I've never needed to reboot my FIOS DVR using my prior HDMI splitter . After I reboot the box and have a picture if I turn off the tv and try to connect to the slingbox a get a message that says weak or no video signal . When I remove the Integral from the setup I get picture and sound on both the tv and slingbox using a cheap HDMI splitter . Basically if one output works on the Integral 2 the other will not . On a few occasions I received no signal on both outputs even though the Integral box is lite in green .

I tried using all 3 HDCP settings with all 3 EDID settings without any success . I need to be an electronic engineer to understand the Integral manual online . Is there any simple change I can do to successfully use the Integral 2 or do I have a bad unit that needs to be returned ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-12-2019, 03:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I purchased the Integral 2 and set it up with HDCP at 2.2 and EDID on Automix Mode . Nothing but problems . I understood it was capable of simultaneously outputting a signal to my 4K LG tv and a 1080 signal to my slingbox . Will not do it but that is the least of my problems . When I use the slingbox from the 1080 output and then disconnect from the slingbox my tv will not show any signal . The Integral is lite up in green but nothing on the tv . I have to reboot my FIOS DVR box to get a picture back on my tv . Then the output to the slingbox will not work . I've never needed to reboot my FIOS DVR using my prior HDMI splitter . After I reboot the box and have a picture if I turn off the tv and try to connect to the slingbox a get a message that says weak or no video signal . When I remove the Integral from the setup I get picture and sound on both the tv and slingbox using a cheap HDMI splitter . Basically if one output works on the Integral 2 the other will not . On a few occasions I received no signal on both outputs even though the Integral box is lite in green .

I tried using all 3 HDCP settings with all 3 EDID settings without any success . I need to be an electronic engineer to understand the Integral manual online . Is there any simple change I can do to successfully use the Integral 2 or do I have a bad unit that needs to be returned ?

First, what is the FW version running on the unit ? it is written on TOP LEFT CORNER on OSD, if you don't see any FW version there, then it means the unit is not unlocked (usermanual p13)
for your sling box output, you more likely need special firmware, so send email, pm or join our support server to get such firmware.

I don't know how your cheap splitter works, most of them will never support 18Gbps and limit their input to 375 or 450 MHz, so tell me about the cable you are using, which brand, which length ?

If you don't have picture on TV using FIXED EDID, issue is serious
If you have picture on TV using FIXED EDID but nothing on slingbox, that's because you need special firmware.
If you have picture on TV using FIXED EDID, but not using CUSTOM or AUTOMIX, then that means your cables are not good enough, replace by kabledirekt, bluejeanscable or our cables, if copper min 6ft, max 12ft.

If any other problem, export your config (usermanual p43) and add it in your reply as attachment.

If one output works and not the other, and if the other work and not the previous, etc... that prolly means you hold INP button for >2sec and switched between SPLITTER MODE to MATRIX ,in such case, just hold INP button for > 2sec to switch back to SPLITTER MODE.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-12-2019 at 03:11 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-12-2019, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
First, what is the FW version running on the unit ? it is written on TOP LEFT CORNER on OSD, if you don't see any FW version there, then it means the unit is not unlocked (usermanual p13)
for your sling box output, you more likely need special firmware, so send email, pm or join our support server to get such firmware.

I don't know how your cheap splitter works, most of them will never support 18Gbps and limit their input to 375 or 450 MHz, so tell me about the cable you are using, which brand, which length ?

If you don't have picture on TV using FIXED EDID, issue is serious
If you have picture on TV using FIXED EDID but nothing on slingbox, that's because you need special firmware.
If you have picture on TV using FIXED EDID, but not using CUSTOM or AUTOMIX, then that means your cables are not good enough, replace by kabledirekt, bluejeanscable or our cables, if copper min 6ft, max 12ft.

If any other problem, export your config (usermanual p43) and add it in your reply as attachment.

If one output works and not the other, and if the other work and not the previous, etc... that prolly means you hold INP button for >2sec and switched between SPLITTER MODE to MATRIX ,in such case, just hold INP button for > 2sec to switch back to SPLITTER MODE.
The FW is 2.38 2.44

Today I have a picture on the TV and nothing on the slingbox . On other times the slingbox worked but not the TV . The cable from the TV DVR to the Integral is 3foot Monoprice premium high speed cable, [email protected], 18Gbps, 28AWG . I use a 12 foot monoprice from the Integral to the TV .

To Whom do I send an email to join the support server to get special firmware for the slingbox ?
post #6 of 14 Old 11-12-2019, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The FW is 2.38 2.44

Today I have a picture on the TV and nothing on the slingbox . On other times the slingbox worked but not the TV . The cable from the TV DVR to the Integral is 3foot Monoprice premium high speed cable, [email protected], 18Gbps, 28AWG . I use a 12 foot monoprice from the Integral to the TV .

To Whom do I send an email to join the support server to get special firmware for the slingbox ?
If you want to join support server, you don't need to send email, just go on hdfury.com > support > 24/7 support

3ft is not recommended and monoprice cannot be considered reliable for 600MHz cables, you should replace by min 6ft/max12ft from Kabledirekt, Bluejeans cable or our cables.
Kabledirekt probably best value for the money, cheap and efficient.

Also please send config export (usermanual p43) when you any issue, that will speed up immediate solution a lot.
You cannot have same results in all tests I mentioned, so when you reply, you need to explain what you tried and what were the results for each test (especially if you do not send any config export)

post #7 of 14 Old 11-13-2019, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you want to join support server, you don't need to send email, just go on hdfury.com > support > 24/7 support

3ft is not recommended and monoprice cannot be considered reliable for 600MHz cables, you should replace by min 6ft/max12ft from Kabledirekt, Bluejeans cable or our cables.
Kabledirekt probably best value for the money, cheap and efficient.

Also please send config export (usermanual p43) when you any issue, that will speed up immediate solution a lot.
You cannot have same results in all tests I mentioned, so when you reply, you need to explain what you tried and what were the results for each test (especially if you do not send any config export)
I ordered Premium Cables from Bluejeans . I don't know how to get and send a config export as indicated on P43 . I tried to download the Silabs driver several times without success . The last time I had to unzip a file and then EXE, it took me several weeks . That was for updating a scanner . It's either working with the new cables when they arrive or I'm sending it back .
post #8 of 14 Old 11-13-2019, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I ordered Premium Cables from Bluejeans . I don't know how to get and send a config export as indicated on P43 . I tried to download the Silabs driver several times without success . The last time I had to unzip a file and then EXE, it took me several weeks . That was for updating a scanner . It's either working with the new cables when they arrive or I'm sending it back .
Updating firmware or exporting config is a few seconds process if you have driver installed, and a few min process if you don't have driver installed yet.
Not sure how you would need weeks to do that seriously

Anyway, if you are not ready to run Windows GUI or update firmware, then this will never work so you can send it back now if you are not ready for that.

Also, when you say you have either one or the other output working, make sure you did not switch unit to MATRIX MODE, since MATRIX MODE would do exactly that.
that means you changed the default SPLITTER mode to MATRIX mode, this is done if you hold INP button for >2sec, so simply press INP button for >2sec again and it will switch back to splitter mode.

SPLITTER MODE = 1 INPUT to 2 OUTPUTS
MATRIX MODE = 2 INPUTS to 2 OUTPUTS

post #9 of 14 Old 11-13-2019, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Presently I have a picture on the tv and none on the slingbox . I held the INP button today for 2 sec about 8 times today . On every occasion the tv picture would disappear for a few seconds and reappear, and no picture would ever appear on the slingbox .
post #10 of 14 Old 11-13-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Presently I have a picture on the tv and none on the slingbox . I held the INP button today for 2 sec about 8 times today . On every occasion the tv picture would disappear for a few seconds and reappear, and no picture would ever appear on the slingbox .

"picture disappears and reappears" is cable issue as I wrote above
No picture on slingbox is special firmware need as I wrote above

just send config export and I can tell you exactly, it's made for that.

post #11 of 14 Old 11-17-2019, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Purchased and installed Bluejeans cables . Same results, tv works but no slingbox picture . Emailed support and with help of local IT guy installed driver . After connecting to USB of Windows 10 Dell PC message appears saying no Vertex Connection . Followed advice of email support and numerous times deleted driver, rebooted pc, installed driver again, rebooted pc and same result when trying with GUI, no Vertex connection . Also switched to other USB input of PC with same negative results .
post #12 of 14 Old 11-17-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Purchased and installed Bluejeans cables . Same results, tv works but no slingbox picture . Emailed support and with help of local IT guy installed driver . After connecting to USB of Windows 10 Dell PC message appears saying no Vertex Connection . Followed advice of email support and numerous times deleted driver, rebooted pc, installed driver again, rebooted pc and same result when trying with GUI, no Vertex connection . Also switched to other USB input of PC with same negative results .

Good, so cables have solved
Quote:
"On every occasion the tv picture would disappear for a few seconds and reappear,"

Now for slingbox you need to flash special firmware, if you don't have it, send PM or join support server on discord (hdfury.com > support > 24/7 link)

Any driver issue, apply the below:

go in program files, remove any reference to Silabs, silicon laboratories, usbxpress. reboot computer, reinstall driver, reboot, connect integral2, wait for usb notification sound from windows and finally proceed with MCU Update.

Also, if your Integral2 have normal USB > mini USB cable, you can try adding USB hub between computer USB port and Integral2.
If your Integral2 have "Y" cable, make sure to connect the end labeled "PC" to PC USB PORT and the end labeled "Power" to the wall plug adapter. both are needed if using "Y" cable.

post #13 of 14 Old 11-22-2019, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

After working on this case with the user:

Slingbox PRO HD is an old 1080i device therefor it does not support 1080p (Full HD) and cannot benefit from 2160p (UHD) > 1080p (FHD) scaling.
To support such 1080i device, one would need to add a converter such as HDfury X4 that would do 1080p > 1080i to match the max supported input possible on this slingbox.

It has been found that Slingbox have other model such as slingbox 500 that support 1080p and that would work perfectly with Integral2/Vertex/Etc...

User could use either TV or Slingbox Pro HD at each max possible but not both at the same time, since outputting 1080i when main signal is 4K60 is not possible.
User can determine if X4 addition or newer slingbox is preferred solution (newer box makes more sense as 1080i is disappearing everywhere)

Bottom line: if you are a slingbox user and have 4K TV, make sure it supports at least FHD (1080p), if you want 4K pass thru and 1080p downscaled output at the same time.

post #14 of 14 Old 11-23-2019, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

HDfury was very helpful in getting the Integral 2 to function with my slingbox . I might add that according to the slingbox website the M1 and M2 models also support 1080p .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page