HDMI 1080p Interlacer? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDMI 1080p Interlacer?

Bought a Roku 4K Streaming Stick to use with my 30" SFP Sony tube for now. Not having joy with 1080i support.

It seems to me that there should be a <$30 device to do nothing but display 1080i from a 1080p source (the Streaming Stick doesn't directly support HD interlacing, so I've been limited to 720p).

My LCD TVs support 1080p, but I have other devices to stream to them. Was POed when Amazon Prime Video recently disappeared from the Wii U!

Has anyone encountered such a device? Obviously I'm disinterested in scalers, SDI, or paying a lot for this muffler. I only paid $200 for this KD-30XS955 ffs, and I've never been tempted to get into the service menu which is much more than I can say for the other HD CRTs I've had. I wanna keep it around for as long as it lasts, and also use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 621 Post(s)
Quoted: 4652 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by trivial View Post

It seems to me that there should be a <$30 device to do nothing but display 1080i from a 1080p source .
No there isn't any unfortunately, it cost about 10 times more to do that.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2019, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's the impression I got from my boolean Google searches. Any clue what's so difficult, electronically, to knock out and shift half the scanlines in every frame?

I just don't think the common video stream sites do a fantastic job with 720p. Or perhaps it's my TV. My Switch was the first device to disappoint me this way. Frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-01-2019, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 621 Post(s)
Quoted: 4652 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by trivial View Post
That's the impression I got from my boolean Google searches. Any clue what's so difficult, electronically, to knock out and shift half the scanlines in every frame?

I just don't think the common video stream sites do a fantastic job with 720p. Or perhaps it's my TV. My Switch was the first device to disappoint me this way. Frustrating!

I think the problem is that there is no asic for that and so people doing it, like us, are using fpga and memory and then cost sky rocket, it's like LRP for 4K, they can do anything but it cost 7000$.
Our solution can scale anything, change aspect ratio, double/triple frame, add 3D to 2D display, convert HDR>SDR, etc.. so very flexible, because it is a FPGA but very costly unfortunately.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page