Video splitting/HDFury/Other options? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-14-2019, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Video splitting/HDFury/Other options?

I’m trying to get 4K to my PJ (Epson 5040UB) through a non HDCP 2.2 compatible AVR (Denon 4502ci) that does all the video switching and is on a Control4 system. Run from AVR to PJ maybe 30-40 ft through walls.

I have what I believe is an HDMI cable that supports 24hz 4K (“High speed with Ethernet”).

I also have an extra Ethernet cable running from the AVR cabinet to PJ (however 2 wires are currently being used to power the Control4 IR sensor). So this may open up a Balun option, and some baluns have an IR power port which I believe might allow me repurpose the two wires from the Cat cable currently going to the IR sensor.

I have a 7.1 speaker setup and would love to have Atmos, but find myself streaming most content anyways and am doubtful of the net gain of changing and reprogramming, along with C4 a new AVR. My denon is a pro line, $1k plus receiver when new. So for now I am leaning towards focusing on video and not audio.

Would a audio/video splitter like HDFury linker be the best option?

Any other brands or models I should consider?

Would I place said splitter between the output on the AVR and projector?

Or should I get a splitter that works off balun so I get higher hz 4k picture to the projector instead of 24hz through the existing HDMI cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page