Hdfury with different hdmi specs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2019, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hdfury with different hdmi specs

So I have an old pj (Sanyo pls-z1) that only has component input and I have various devices connected to my av receiver (Yamaha rxa-3050) and wondered that my equipment are all different hdmi revisions will a hdfury work and if so what model should I be looking at ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2019, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by robley63 View Post
So I have an old pj (Sanyo pls-z1) that only has component input and I have various devices connected to my av receiver (Yamaha rxa-3050) and wondered that my equipment are all different hdmi revisions will a hdfury work and if so what model should I be looking at ?
Thanks
It depends what you want to do, if you want all your sources to send max possible out and then downscale and hdcp convert it for your PJ, that would give the best results, then you need 2 devices, one HDCP converter/downscaler and one Component converter.
Or you can directly connect HDMI > Component converter but then your sources will more likely send lower signal (such as 1080p instead of 4K)

To really give you a good answer we would need to know if you have any other display in the setup (for ex, at avr output ?) and once I know that I would have to check your AVR and display specs (which have done yet) in order to know max possible from AVR and if display support 1080p via component or only 1080i like many component display.. (if you know any answer already, please tell me, save me some time ...)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2019, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
It depends what you want to do, if you want all your sources to send max possible out and then downscale and hdcp convert it for your PJ, that would give the best results, then you need 2 devices, one HDCP converter/downscaler and one Component converter.
Or you can directly connect HDMI > Component converter but then your sources will more likely send lower signal (such as 1080p instead of 4K)

To really give you a good answer we would need to know if you have any other display in the setup (for ex, at avr output ?) and once I know that I would have to check your AVR and display specs (which have done yet) in order to know max possible from AVR and if display support 1080p via component or only 1080i like many component display.. (if you know any answer already, please tell me, save me some time ...)
Thanks I have an Apple TV 4K, humax fox hdrt2 a freeview tv recorder, technomate tm twin Oe a satellite receiver, a Panasonic 4K Blu-ray all connected to the av receiver and one hdmi output goes to a Panasonic 4K tv and the other hdmi output isn’t connected. The Sanyo only does 1080i so is a cheap hdfury doesn’t work then it’s time for an upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by robley63 View Post
Thanks I have an Apple TV 4K, humax fox hdrt2 a freeview tv recorder, technomate tm twin Oe a satellite receiver, a Panasonic 4K Blu-ray all connected to the av receiver and one hdmi output goes to a Panasonic 4K tv and the other hdmi output isn’t connected. The Sanyo only does 1080i so is a cheap hdfury doesn’t work then it’s time for an upgrade

Ok, Yes, now the question/unknown that remain is IF you want to play both 4K TV and Sanyo PJ at the same time,

Both 4K TV and PJ at the same time:
If that's your goal then you need to know if AVR is able to pass thru 4K while offering 1080i (or 1080p) on its secondary output.
IF yes for 1080i, cheapest solution is around 70$ if I recall well. (send email for that).
IF no 1080i possible at AVR output and only 1080p, HDfury X4 needed, which is already 3 or 4 times previous cost
And if AVR cannot do any of that, then "cheapest" option becomes Linker + X4, around 300$ at least.

If you don't need/want 4K TV and PJ at the same time:
Then, cheapest option (about 70$ as wrote before) will work for all sources offering 1080i (or will work if AVR is cable to convert anything at input to 1080i)
If sources do not offer 1080i output and many nowadays do not offer it and if AVR cannot convert anything at input to 1080i, then X4 needed, around 200$

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page