Suggestion: Oppo 203 vs. HDFury Diva for 4k/HDR to old proj - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-25-2019, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Suggestion: Oppo 203 vs. HDFury Diva for 4k/HDR to old proj

I have JVC RS400U projector, Denon X4000 and Roku Ultra for 4k streaming (5% of my viewing) - works great, but looking to improve the HDR (I've already loaded the custom gamma curves and they're great, just looking for further improvement)
Putting price aside, what would you recommend in terms of PQ and why and how big of a difference to expect:
(a) HDFury Diva to convert the 4K/HDR --> 1080p/SDR
or
(b) get an Oppo 203 and connect the Roku to that, and have it process the signal to 4k/SDR
?
(edit added)
If I sell my current UHD player (Panny 820) then the choice is somewhat of a wash in terms of cost (Panny 820 + HDFury Diva for 4k/HDR streaming) vs. Oppo 203 to handle both UHD and convert 4k/HDR --> 4k/SDR
With the one major difference that the Panny + HDFury Diva will only convert the streaming 4k into 1080/SDR instead of 4k/HDR with the Oppo.
Am I understanding this correctly- is this a (if you're going to spend to buy the HDFury Diva) then it's a no-brainer to get the Oppo 203 instead and sell the Panny to even out the cost.

Last edited by cgott42; 11-25-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page