Looking for lag free analog or digital color corrector hardware for retro gaming. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-12-2020, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Looking for lag free analog or digital color corrector hardware for retro gaming.

Hi everyone.

I hope you're all doing well and getting by okay.

TLDR: I want a hardware solution that allows me to adjust/emphasize my retro video game colors without additional input delay.

First off, I'm a newbie to this tech so feel free to dumb things down for me and I won't be offended by any mistakes I may have made pointed out to me. Learning is one of my goals. My terminology is probably flawed as well but I think I'm able to convey my points.

So I have a retro gaming setup where I send my analog RGB signal through a scart cable into a OSSC line doubler that outputs HDMI that I then have connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter that goes to my PC CRT. My setup:
RGB Modded Retro Game Console -> Scart Cable -> OSSC Line Doubler -> HDMI Cable -> HDMI to VGA adapter -> PC CRT

What I'm looking for:
You know when you adjust the 'Color' setting on a TV or when you increase the 'Digital Vibrance' setting in the NVidia control panel how it like... saturates or emphasizes the colors. Blue is MORE blue, green is MORE green, etc. ? Well I want a hardware solution that goes somewhere in my chain to accomplish this but doesn't add any additional lag or less than or equal to 1 frame.

Every setting I can find on my monitor and the OSSC do not seem to have this functionality. I even looked into possibly adjusting pots inside the monitor but it's all maintained by a micro controller that I can't access without old tech repair equipment from ViewSonic.

A digital or analog solution is fine but I would think analog would be less expensive since that equipment has come down in price so much. I would also prefer if possible something that accepts scart or BNC4 if analog. HDMI or DVI would be fine too I think.

I had a look at the HDFury x4 but I'm not sure if the newer HDR settings on that would even apply to my PC CRT and if HDR would do what I want.

Another issue is that I'm not even sure what exactly I'm supposed to be searching for exactly. I have been browsing 'color grading', 'color correcting' and 'video processing' hardware. A lot of them seem to be multi-purpose but I don't know specifically what feature it needs to have that meets my requirements. I would include links of what I've been looking at but I can't submit links yet.

I would love some recommendations on what type of hardware you all think would work for this.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hopefully this made sense.

Thank you for any and all help offered!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page