Dvdo vp30 + lg oled tv - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-12-2020, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dvdo vp30 + lg oled tv

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to the whole AVS world. I've been trying to find the best solution for playing some of my older gaming systems on my modern televisions. For a while my primary television was a Vizio D50DU1, which served me well for years. I had no compatibility issues with anything hooked up to it. In the past I was using a Framemeister XRGB mini for most of my systems, mainly 6th generation stuff (PS2, OG XBox, etc...), but the input lag was starting to get to me. I then purchased an OSSC, which is a great little device, except for when it comes to 480i content. I cannot stand looking at the bob de-interlacing, I guess my eyes are too sensitive.

After reading a lot of posts on the shmup forums, and watching videos from the MyLifeinGaming guys on Youtube I decided to try and track down a DVDO unit. I found VP30 listed as not working, but in the photos I saw he was trying to use an iHome ac adapter with it. So I bought the unit, and then bought a replacement ac adapter and it started working. I decided to pop open the cover and take a look inside, and to my surprise there as an ABT-102 card not seated correctly. I fixed this issue, and voila all of a sudden I owned a great solution for my PS2 library. Now when I hook it up to my new LG OLED TV I sometimes get a garbled picture, or sometimes not picture at all. I tried multiple known-good HDMI cables, and also I tried toggling HDCP on and off on the VP30. I also disabled all of the HDMI Ultra Deep Color settings on my LG TV, to no avail. I cannot get it to display anything on that television.

However, if I hook it up to my Vizio it works no problem. Has anyone else seen issues using the VP30 or any other DVDO products on LG OLED TVs? I tried scouring the web, but most search results are from the early 00's when my television did not exist.

In the meantime, I ordered two different HDMI switches from Amazon to try and see if they would fix the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page