post #1 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2820 Post(s)
Liked: 3773
4k HDMI splitter question

Looking for a 4k HDMI splitter with 1 in and 2 outs so I can get lossless audio to my older preamp (which won't pass a 4k signal) with one of the HDMI outs and 4k/HDR video with the other HDMI out to my JVC projector. Need for both outputs on the splitter to work at the same time obviously. Are there any splitters that can do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Looking for a 4k HDMI splitter with 1 in and 2 outs so I can get lossless audio to my older preamp with one of the HDMI outs (which wont pass a 4k signal) and 4k/HDR video with the other HDMI out to my JVC projector. Need for both outputs on the splitter to work at the same time obviously. Are there any splitters that can do this?
Look at the Gofanco Prophecy, I had good luck with it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Toe likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5447 Post(s)
Liked: 1585
Quote:
Looking for a 4k HDMI splitter with 1 in and 2 outs so I can get lossless audio to my older preamp (which won't pass a 4k signal) with one of the HDMI outs and 4k/HDR video with the other HDMI out to my JVC projector. Need for both outputs on the splitter to work at the same time obviously. Are there any splitters that can do this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmwright View Post
Look at the Gofanco Prophecy, I had good luck with it.

Product page of this device quoted mention: "Does NOT support resolution downscaling from 4K2K @60Hz 4:2:2 to 1080P"
So it won't work for any such signal which is what HDR games use and DV/LLDV
Important to consider depending on your source.

If you need device that work with everything and support anything : Integral2 or Vertex.
Toe likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Product page of this device quoted mention: "Does NOT support resolution downscaling from 4K2K @60Hz 4:2:2 to 1080P"

If you need device that work with everything and support anything : Integral2 or Vertex.
Good point, make sure your resolutions are supported. I used it with a 1080P projector 5030ub and didn't use those listed.

Toe likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
Toe

Quote:

Very much appreciate the info. So with the Integral2 both HDMI outs can be used at the same time to accomplish what I want to do from my original post?
post #6 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Very much appreciate the info. So with the Integral2 both HDMI outs can be used at the same time to accomplish what I want to do from my original post?
Yes. and if you give details about the devices you want to connect at output, their max supported res or link to their usermanual in PDF, i can tell you how to connect it and set it.
Toe likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-16-2020, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
Toe

Quote:
Yes. and if you give details about the devices you want to connect at output, their max supported res or link to their usermanual in PDF, i can tell you how to connect it and set it.
Very cool and I appreciate the offer! I'll let you know if I decide to grab the Integral.

Was also just reading the Integral only adds less than 1ms of lag? That's impressive and important for gaming of course!
post #8 of 10 Old 04-17-2020, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Very cool and I appreciate the offer! I'll let you know if I decide to grab the Integral.

Was also just reading the Integral only adds less than 1ms of lag? That's impressive and important for gaming of course!
input lag is in nano seconds count, so not even 1ms
Make sure you use Vertex or Integral2 (and not Integral1 which is not suitable for what you need to do here)
Toe likes this.

post #9 of 10 Old 04-23-2020, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
From my understanding its currently not possible to downscale 4K HDR to 1080p non-HDR. Only downscaling 4K non-HDR to 1080 non-HDR is possible
post #10 of 10 Old 04-23-2020, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan07 View Post
From my understanding its currently not possible to downscale 4K HDR to 1080p non-HDR. Only downscaling 4K non-HDR to 1080 non-HDR is possible
4K HDR to 1080p SDR is possible with HDfury Diva (1 unit solution)

Or buy using Vertex1 or Integral2 with HDfury X4 (needs 2 units)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page