A Heretical Question... no doubt - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-09-2020, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A Heretical Question... no doubt

Forgive me dear friends for being gone for so long... I have no "good" excuses other than I have been well enough satisfied with my HT setups that I have allowed life to interfere with my hobby! Heresy to be sure!

However, time seems to be causing a bit of wear on my components as it has myself. I find that one of my iScan Duo's seems to be in its final hours. As I work in a different location than a claim to "live" I have two very similar setups with the normal video/audio inputs (Blu-ray, HD-DVD (lol), DTV, Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV, Roku, CD-Changer) that feed trough my iScan Duo on their way to either the front projector or the audio receiver.

The last month, in the midst of a heated Xbox battle or a movie..., without notice the screen goes black. I discover that my projector has shut down because it is no longer receiving a video signal through the iScan. The audio however is still passing to the receiver and on to the speakers uninterrupted. I called and whined to tech support and their kind soul helped me reset the iScan (spoiler... 3 hands will work much easier). Ok, I am back to my quarantined Xbox play and movies... until two weeks later, it happens again. As it is 5 minutes to 5pm Pacific time on a Friday tech support is not an option so I once again apply the reset and am temporarily at least back in business.

So if you kind and dear souls have stuck with me this far... Bless You and your households! A long winded back story for a simple question.

Now, I am still happily viewing on 135" screen with my 720p Infocus projector... so I am just a teensy bit behind the times.

Is a "video processor" still "important" in this era of 4k and soon apparently to be 8K? In the current world are the video processors in the current AV receivers upgraded to the point of rendering the stand alone video processors as important only to the videophile group?

There are just two theories for successfully quarreling with a woman -- neither one works!
The Barn - Use Password = AVSForum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page