Video production ewuipment - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2020, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Video production ewuipment

I noticed the funny thing is that all the topics here are about movie music TV and game consumption.

And I noticed there are zero categories about production, even at an amateur happiest level.

Since it fits no other category, I got a question about editing boards. Usually I noticed they mix the two images when it goes on an a to b gradual fade. I guess with that they take the average of the r and the G and the B value if produced in RGB, or the average of the Y and the C value is produced in black and white compatible TV.

I'm wondering if there's any equipment that could do the following. Instead of averaging the values and showing the results what about adding the values and showing the results?

The practical application I was thinking for using this is the Virtual Boy virtual tap anaglyph edition.

Furrtek, the maker of the virtual tap, said that you could have separate simultaneous outputs of two eyes in the virtual boy being sent to two separate screens. The negative is always black and the positive is either red green blue yellow cyan magenta or white, but it is a monochrome picture tinted in one of those seven colors.

ideally if a pixel is to be used for both the left eye and right eye it should have some elements of the red attached and add to it the elements of the green and the blue which combined in equal proportions to be cyan.

I guess I need some editing equipment that works at an RGB level and not at a YUV level or YCbCr level.

Does that theory sound correct? I assume an editing board combines the two images and makes a signal sync off that outgoing image.

this is probably simple enough where you can make a simple circuit that combines the red of the left eye with the green and blue with the right eye and then resyncs it to make a single picture output on VGA.

Any suggestions? is my theory reasonable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-18-2020, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for moving it. I didn't think of production equipment as a video processor, even though I'd be using this for media consumption, not production.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page