Separate left eye/ right eye 3d mergers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-22-2020, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Separate left eye/ right eye 3d mergers

Hello. I know video processors do certain things. I tried calling B&h photo and they say this is the first time this question ever came up.

I got a virtual boy and there is a product called the virtual tap which lets you take the Virtual Boy and send the image of one eye out to a SCART based or VGA-based display. the maker confirm you could have two of those devices and have one image for the left eye and one image for the right eye.

Those images are natively black and white and normally are tinted red through a red filter in the built-in eyepieces. What is virtual taps can make it black and one of seven other colors to be displayed on your TV, red yellow green cyan blue magenta and white. And there's an eighth setting for inverse black and white.

I was thinking I could set the Left eye 2 black and red and the right eye 2 red and cyan. Now the question is how do I merge them together to make a raiden cyan anaglyph?

I assume simple addition of RGB values would be easier than processing separate left and right eye views in a side by side half processor. I think I got a computer that could do it and a program called be no 3D that will work on my Macintosh. However I am not sure if I want my Macintosh to do both 3D processing and broadcasting on Twitch.

if anyone knows of a device that could take the additive values of the R G & B where one of those values is 0 on either one or the other eye, let me know and and I'll see if it works.

I don't know of a place more professional than B&h that would sell stereoscopic video equipment. If I stopped being age then this is a niche product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page