Best of CES 2018: Creative Super X-Fi Headphone Technology - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #61 of 94 Old 01-05-2019, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4
This is Eugene from Team Super X-Fi here. Just thought I’d drop in and thank you guys for the enthusiasm on the product and taking the dive to try it out!

To date, SXFI AMP has a satisfaction rate of over 99%. There will be those however that fall into the 1%.

We’ve reached out to these outliers and have turned some of them around. Our recommendations have been that they either rescan their ears and head or tweak their configurations, and try Super X-Fi out for a few days to adjust to the new experience—and it’s worked!

However, for those who are still not satisfied (it may be individual preference ultimately), we will offer full refunds. —[email protected]
natchie and FLIR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 94 Old 01-05-2019, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 599 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3736 Post(s)
Liked: 3512
Best of CES 2018: Creative Super X-Fi Headphone Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Super X-Fi View Post
This is Eugene from Team Super X-Fi here. Just thought I’d drop in and thank you guys for the enthusiasm on the product and taking the dive to try it out!

To date, SXFI AMP has a satisfaction rate of over 99%. There will be those however that fall into the 1%.

We’ve reached out to these outliers and have turned some of them around. Our recommendations have been that they either rescan their ears and head or tweak their configurations, and try Super X-Fi out for a few days to adjust to the new experience—and it’s worked!

However, for those who are still not satisfied (it may be individual preference ultimately), we will offer full refunds. —[email protected]

Hey thanks for poking in here and offering satisfaction. That’s comforting, and welcome.

I have little doubt the in ear microphone measurement variant of this technology delivers a 99% satisfaction rate (based on my previous amazing experience with similar tech demoed by Smyth Realizer at Axpona 2016 — that was mind blowing), but I am suspicious that the camera version of this technology is delivering that same 99% satisfaction. I’ve read as many threads as I can on the SXFI since release with user reviews and I’ve read mostly the same kind of feedback we see in this thread. Which is in general a significant tier of satisfaction lower than the type of feedback received by those who experienced the inner ear canal type mic measurement. Frankly, I haven’t read a single consumer review in the last couple weeks after the product shipped who was “blown away” by the technology (Reddit, hardforum, here, websearchs etc)— which you’d absolutely expect with a 99% satisfaction rate. It feels a little bit like a bait and switch honestly. Creative showcased the tech differently to many of the original reviewers than it shipped to the consumers.

Is there a way for the user community to buy the microphones needed for an in ear canal measurement like demoed for the original reviewers? I’d do that myself to give this SXFI another chance.

Absent that, I think I’ll take you up on the refund. As I logically admitted earlier, it may fully be my ears/head shape that causes me subjectively to feel the tech is just okay, but that’s were I find my current opinion. I’ve had my wife help me take several different measurements, and yes they sound a bit different, but the effect on the games I’ve played hasn’t managed to meet my expectations. My personal measurement’s subjective end result is bigger wider sound pulled back from the ears (good), but cheaper sounding, with some weird misplaced reverb(bad). Perhaps akin to listening to a cheap $100, 5.1 setup in a large untreated bathroom, alternately perhaps a unsatisfactory echo filled DSP setting on my Realtek soundcard. The physical object placement is good with some of the content, mostly with true 5.1 or 7.1 content, not so much stereo sourced content — but the overall sound quality is lost. (This on my HD6XX headphones. Massdrops offering of the HD650). I wasn’t a fan of the bundled Aurvana headphones and boxed them up after two listening sessions. The last week or so i haven’t even been using the SXFI. Instead I disconnected it and have reverted back to just normal headphone listening directly off my Realtek onboard sound card. I will follow any suggestion you make and try again. I’m excited for this type of technology to succeed!

In the end, I’m willing to allow room for this just not suiting my individual unique head/ear shape and moving on.
FLIR likes this.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric

Last edited by Archaea; 01-05-2019 at 07:01 AM.
post #63 of 94 Old 01-05-2019, 07:21 AM

Just found the first super positive consumer review I’ve personally seen. Spent the last half hour looking again. There just don’t seem to be that many people who have experienced it and reported on it yet. More inquiry’s than reviews (at least in the English language) So the consumer jury seems to still be out in deliberation.

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthrea...ml#Post2798685

(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 94 Old 01-05-2019, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
In the end, I’m willing to allow room for this just not suiting my individual unique head/ear shape and moving on.
It's been my experience that the personalized measurements mostly effect virtual speaker placement(i.e. someone elses measurements may shift the front stage over a foot). Fidelity is mostly affected by the headphones used and dac/amp used.

In terms of headphones, those that follow the harman curve tend to sound very bright and grating in the 2-6khz range. The Smyth Realiser uses a HPEQ or headphone eq, to address this. Also, more responsive transducers like planar magnetics, electrostats, or well engineered dynamics like the hd800, render the binaural tracks much more accurately.

In terms of dac/amp, there's alot of additional information being added to the mix, espacially in terms of a lossless movie track, and it takes pretty beefy power supplies. I experienced signficant, and I mean significant, increases in fidelity, virtual room size, realism, etc. when switching from options like the pc motherboard headphone jack, an asus u3, or the headphone jack on an AVR, to an Audio-GD NFB-7, which has a very simple dac and output stage but massive power supplies and reserve capacitance.

My first advice when using these, however, is to always address the eq first.
post #65 of 94 Old 01-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

Thank you Eugene... a collegue of yours reached out to me via email as well. I was very encouraged by what he had to say. But most importantly, I was thrilled to hear that if after his extensive help setting up the device... Creative would refund my purchase price if I was not "blown away."

As I told your collegue... most who purchased the SXFI device did so based on the opinion and enthusiasm of others. We never actually got to experience the device before preordering.

After I was initially told about the no refund policy... I deleted the app from my phone, boxed the device up and was ready to post it for sale on eBay. The email from the SXFI team has given me hope... I am willing to give it another go. After all... I was super psyched to get the device... and hoped it would live up to the hype.

I hope to use the device for solo, late night, multichannel, movie watching... and would be really stoked if we were able to get it to work with Gear VR!

Thanks again for reaching out to us... I am hopeful to become one of the 99%.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen

Last edited by Litlgi74; 01-05-2019 at 07:28 PM.
post #66 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hi Eugene,
I just sent you an email about sending back my SXFY device for a full refund. Please let me know the procedure.

Thank you.
post #67 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 420 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8735 Post(s)
Liked: 15250
I was absolutely blown away by a demo of the final, shipping product at CES 2019. I 100% matched the positioning and perceived distance of the real 7-channel surround system in the room. Absolutely could not tell it was headphones and HAD to take them off to be totally sure.

Some content is just amazing through it. Like Red Dead Redemption 2... whoa. And electronic music benefits a ton; if you like surround upmixers on AVRs, this is the same effect.

I can see how headphone purists might not want to use this for music. For watching TV and movies and gaming with headphones, I think it's fantastic.

Apparently some headphones will work better with it than others. I have a Super X-Fi Amp to try, so I'll give it a shot with various headphones and more content in coming days.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #68 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 12:55 PM

@imagic

Did you experience the inner ear measurement calibration for your original demo or the picture calibration variant?

post #69 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I was absolutely blown away by a demo of the final, shipping product at CES 2019. I 100% matched the positioning and perceived distance of the real 7-channel surround system in the room. Absolutely could not tell it was headphones and HAD to take them off to be totally sure.

Some content is just amazing through it. Like Red Dead Redemption 2... whoa. And electronic music benefits a ton; if you like surround upmixers on AVRs, this is the same effect.
Just to clarify, I didn't think the final product used a personal room impulse response(which was only for the demo), but instead uses a convolution and first reflection algorithm, and the ear and head photos make an adjustment similar to Toneboosters Isone and Waves NX?

Also, it's not upmixing it's true 5.1/7.1 surround sound with discrete channels or stereo in stereo out ;]
post #70 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
@imagic

Did you experience the inner ear measurement calibration for your original demo or the picture calibration variant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdht View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't think the final product used a personal room impulse response(which was only for the demo), but instead uses a convolution and first reflection algorithm, and the ear and head photos make an adjustment similar to Toneboosters Isone and Waves NX?

Also, it's not upmixing it's true 5.1/7.1 surround sound with discrete channels or stereo in stereo out ;]
Both. And yeah, to get that ultimate effect you do need the personal calibration with the impulse response of that room. I understand this is more precise than what consumers get. I think the point is to show that the technology is in fact capable of great performance. So what does that mean? I'm guessing it means that the profile selection process might improve over time—hinted at by Creative now saying it's using an AI algorithm. My guess is the more people that use it, the more Creative will be able to match up ears shapes to people who they have profiled, especially in the "Golden" reference room they company has set up for that.

I guess, you know... it's also software, and an expanding ecosystem. So knowing its potential is useful, even if the current consumer implementation is not as precise as what's possible with custom measurements.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #71 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
the personal calibration with the impulse response of that room.
In tinkering with all these various hrtf convolution options, I've found that where the personal measurements have the greatest advantage is in accurate placement, this being espacially important in object based mixes. For stereo and 5.1/7.1, using anyone's PRIR, as with OOYH, has been significantly more realistic in terms of emulating loudspeakers than any of the algorithm based solutions(waves, dspeaker, etc.). You can somewhat correct with a channel balance adjustment, say if the center channel is to the left of center, but a rear channel may not render as well as a personal measurment, and no way to fix that for something like OOYH. Waves NX Virtual Room lets you adjust channel locations as well I believe. I don't believe I've experienced drastic tonal changes, though I have seen graphs that showed using someone elses measurements to cause big mids suckouts or something similar.

Fun to see this field expanding.
post #72 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 06:19 PM

I found the software to be unfriendly...the package I received was designed only for use with mobile phones. I could not see how it can be used with a computer, as the cables were designed for mobile only. And the SXFY did not allow me to play my downloaded music. So it was an ongoing challenge to use this.
post #73 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie View Post
I found the software to be unfriendly...the package I received was designed only for use with mobile phones. I could not see how it can be used with a computer, as the cables were designed for mobile only. And the SXFY did not allow me to play my downloaded music. So it was an ongoing challenge to use this.
Are you a US customer? I ask to make sure you got the same thing as I got/experienced.

Most modern PCs, made within the last 3-4 years have USB C. Any PC with USB C will be able to use the SXFI.
Oddly, you still have to set it up initially with your phone using the associated app.
There is no software for it on PC. It shows up as a sound card and uses native windows drivers as best I can tell. The surround sound processing is handled beyond the software in Windows on the device itself. You don't have options in Windows.

Any rate - yeah, I'm not seeing that 99% satisfaction rate with the camera app version in the circles I frequent. On both forums I'm a long time member of where people were excited for and bought this -- avsforum, and hardforum...Since the rep had one post and done - with no suggestions on how to better our experience, or even answer our questions, it's a bit deflating. If I don't figure out how to make mine into a little better experience I'll likely be returning mine too.

https://hardforum.com/threads/anyone...i-yet.1973341/
natchie likes this.

Last edited by Archaea; 01-10-2019 at 06:59 PM.
post #74 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I have a Super X-Fi Amp to try, so I'll give it a shot with various headphones and more content in coming days.

I'll be curious to see how you think it compares! Maybe it'll work great for you with your ears and measurements. I'll still give full allowance for that uniqueness that would affect every one of us individually in our measurements — as those relate to matching/catering Creative's algorithm. I do hope some people really enjoy the tech - it'll drive broader product lines, market competition, and better audio technology for everyone.

Last edited by Archaea; 01-11-2019 at 05:34 AM.
post #75 of 94 Old 01-10-2019, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
My laptop has USB C, actually. Also, you can buy a USB A 2.0 to USB C cable for use with a desktop PC or laptop for a few bucks, if you don't already have one.
natchie likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #76 of 94 Old 01-11-2019, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

I figure it's worth mentioning that I'm also enjoying this Super X-Fi amp with the effect turned off. It's certainly more capable than just my phone on its own and more compact than a Dragonfly.

Yes, the custom profile made at CES is better at positioning. With music there's more the sense that the soundstage is in front of you than with the profile built from photos. Both provide expansion to the sides.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #77 of 94 Old 01-12-2019, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I figure it's worth mentioning that I'm also enjoying this Super X-Fi amp with the effect turned off. It's certainly more capable than just my phone on its own and more compact than a Dragonfly.

Yes, the custom profile made at CES is better at positioning. With music there's more the sense that the soundstage is in front of you than with the profile built from photos. Both provide expansion to the sides.
Did you try it with headphones that do not have an official profile yet? Also, can anyone post the full list of profiled headphones?
post #78 of 94 Old 01-12-2019, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
Did you try it with headphones that do not have an official profile yet? Also, can anyone post the full list of profiled headphones?
Yes I tried is as just an amp. With the new KLH headphones.

Later today I can screenshot the profiles headphones and post that....

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #79 of 94 Old 01-12-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Yes I tried is as just an amp. With the new KLH headphones.

Later today I can screenshot the profiles headphones and post that....
Thanks

How was it with a pair of headphones that's not been profiled by Creative?
post #80 of 94 Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
Thanks

How was it with a pair of headphones that's not been profiled by Creative?
Turns out the KLH are very good headphones I would not require much compensation anyhow. I have a couple of pairs of creative headphones to compare, I had no problems with the KLH.

On a separate note, for anyone reading this, with music what I'm finding is that if it's already a headphone mix, so to speak, everything gets a little confused. what I mean by that, as if it's a studio mix where the engineer already put spacey effects into it, it all gets a bit muddied.

But if you take a straight recording, each instrument has a particular space, size and distance in the sound field, then the processing does a pretty neat trick and in the end it sounds like a live concert which is cool.

Also, when sounds are outside your head, it kind of does help the sit in the room and look at a stereo system, in order to understand what's going on psychoacoustically. because if you listen to what amounts to a virtual room with speakers while you're walking the dog in the park, there's going to be a little bit of cognitive dissonance. Your brain will not hear what it sees, hope that makes sense...

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #81 of 94 Old 01-12-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Turns out the KLH are very good headphones I would not require much compensation anyhow. I have a couple of pairs of creative headphones to compare, I had no problems with the KLH.

On a separate note, for anyone reading this, with music what I'm finding is that if it's already a headphone mix, so to speak, everything gets a little confused. what I mean by that, as if it's a studio mix where the engineer already put spacey effects into it, it all gets a bit muddied.

But if you take a straight recording, each instrument has a particular space, size and distance in the sound field, then the processing does a pretty neat trick and in the end it sounds like a live concert which is cool.

Also, when sounds are outside your head, it kind of does help the sit in the room and look at a stereo system, in order to understand what's going on psychoacoustically. because if you listen to what amounts to a virtual room with speakers while you're walking the dog in the park, there's going to be a little bit of cognitive dissonance. Your brain will not hear what it sees, hope that makes sense...

Yup! It sounds a little cliche, but closing your eyes paints the virtual speakers clearly out in front of you, open em and it pulls in, it's kinda neat really...

For the headphone mix studio mix spacey effects muddied, this is where I find a flat uncompensated frequency response to be beneficial. The reverb from the impulse response sounds overly accentuated with the harman curve and while it gives a neat live auditorium effect, once eqd sounds very natural like loudspeakers in an acoustically treated room.
imagic likes this.
post #82 of 94 Old 01-12-2019, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Dang. Respect for the sound it gives connected to my phone. Blows my phone's built-in amp away completely and utterly. DSP or no DSP, it's the smallest and lightest amp I've tried with my phone. Appreciate the USB C, too.

Specs speak to why:

DAC
AKM AK4377

SNR
Up to 120 dB

THD + N
Up to -110 dB (0.0003%)

IMD
< 0.0022%

CROSSTALK
< -75 dB

MAX POWER (16 ohm)
425 mW

MAX POWER (32 ohm)
370 mW

MAX POWER (300 ohm)
51 mW

MAX POWER (600 ohm)
26 mW

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #83 of 94 Old 01-13-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:

How does it compare to something like Dolby Atmos for gaming, mostly when it comes to pinpointing where the sounds are coming from?
Melih Pekcan likes this.
post #84 of 94 Old 01-24-2019, 03:04 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I have little doubt the in ear microphone measurement variant of this technology delivers a 99% satisfaction rate (based on my previous amazing experience with similar tech demoed by Smyth Realizer at Axpona 2016 — that was mind blowing), but I am suspicious that the camera version of this technology is delivering that same 99% satisfaction.
Yes, all the great previews and awards for the SXFI Amp are based on the "in ear microphone measurement variant". But when you buy the Amp you get just the photo and AI based variant. Isn't that misleading? The previews and marketing sites used something like the Realizer without head tracking, and the consumer get's something very different.

Especially people like me, who have a "non-standard" ear cup form, will have problems with the photo based method...

Nevertheless: I just ordered a SXFI Amp because there are no real alternatives, the only alternative is the Realizer - and that is an extremely expensive product for professionals...

One question: Why is it so hard to get the "in ear microphone measurement" into consumer products?

Every home theater receiver (even the cheapest ones) comes with a microphone for auto calibration nowadays...
Archaea likes this.

Last edited by FLIR; 01-24-2019 at 03:08 AM.
post #85 of 94 Old 01-24-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Hi Eugene,
I just sent you an email about sending back my SXFY device for a full refund. Please let me know the procedure.

Thank you.
Did that work?

post #86 of 94 Old 01-25-2019, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi I’m back. Thought I would drop by again to give a little re-cap of the amazing outing Super X-Fi had at CES 2019.

We’re stoked by the response that we got this year, where we bagged an unprecedented 13 CES Awards:
1. AVS Forum ‘Best of CES 2019’
2. TechRadar Awards 2019 ‘CES Top Pick’
3. Overclock ‘Best of CES 2019’
4. ‘SoundGuys Best of CES Award’
5. Eteknix ‘Best of CES 2019’
6. Android Authority ‘Best Audio of CES 2019’
7. PC World ‘Best of CES 2019’ (for SXFI AIR)
8. PC World ‘Best of CES 2019’ (for SXFI THEATER)
9. Aktualne ‘Best of CES 2019’
10. Tech Buyer’s Guru ‘Best of CES 2019 (Personal Audio)’
11. POC Network 'Best of CES 2019'
12. AV Mania 'Best of CES 2019' (Hi-Fi)
13. WFMZ (What the Tech) 'Best of CES 2019'

We want to especially thank Mark Henninger for the wonderful support he has give this technology right from the outset, even when it was just in prototype form at CES last year.

Honestly, the tsunami of awards we got this year was a huge surprise for us as we had already showcased the technology last year. But we believe the reason for the many awards this year, besides the fact that all were blown away by the Super X-Fi, was primarily due to the fact that the technology has now manifested into real products, with more to come this year. You can read more about our line-up here: https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/we...x-fi-offerings

And yes, before I forget, some of you here were asking what the basis was for the 99% customer satisfaction rate when we did a small launch in Singapore. It was based on the standard ear and head capture that customers get out of the box.

And yes one final thing. Be assured that we will honour refund requests. For that you can drop us an email at [email protected].

Hope that clarifies things a little. – Eugene Chong (now finally fully recovered from jetlag and that 18 hour flight back to Singapore from Vegas).
imagic and FLIR like this.
post #87 of 94 Old 01-25-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Did that work?
Hi Archaea,
I did not get a chance to try it out with other headphones...instead I went and ordered the various cables to make compatible connection with the SXFY...as others mentioned earlier, it serves as an amp...so testing it out with cables.

Regarding the surrounding channels...haven't really experienced it yet. Maybe this weekend, will try it...any suggestion for a best surrounding testing video from Netflex?

Thanks,
Tony
post #88 of 94 Old 01-26-2019, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I tried some surround emulations in the past, last thing was one of the slightly more expensive X-FI cards and none really worked for me and my setup.

Yesterday i got the SXFI Amp and it actually works I'm not done evaluating it, but it's much better than anything i tried before. Sadly i am having a little issue today. Somehow the SXFI Control APP on Windows 10 doesn't work anymore. Yesterday it worked just fine, today i just get a white blank page. The device still works though. It also still works with the Android App. But the Windows 10 App stopped working. I reinstalled it twice, even deleting anything left over in the AppData folder, i also deactivated all other usb audio devices. When i unplug the device the app starts, but tells me no device was found, when i then replug the device it hangs for a while but keeps telling me no compatible device was found.

So right now if i want to change any settings i have to unplug the device and do it on the phone :/ .

Does anyone else have these issues? Is it worthwhile contacting creative support? Or am i going to get some default copy and paste answers?

I tried some surround emulations in the past, last thing was one of the slightly more expensive X-FI cards and none really worked for me and my setup.

Does @Team Super X-Fi know anything about issues like that? know anything about issues like that?
natchie likes this.

Last edited by DrDon; 01-26-2019 at 07:33 AM.
post #89 of 94 Old 01-27-2019, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Hi I’m back. Thought I would drop by again to give a little re-cap of the amazing outing Super X-Fi had at CES 2019.

We’re stoked by the response that we got this year, where we bagged an unprecedented 13 CES Awards:
1. AVS Forum ‘Best of CES 2019’
2. TechRadar Awards 2019 ‘CES Top Pick’
3. Overclock ‘Best of CES 2019’
4. ‘SoundGuys Best of CES Award’
5. Eteknix ‘Best of CES 2019’
6. Android Authority ‘Best Audio of CES 2019’
7. PC World ‘Best of CES 2019’ (for SXFI AIR)
8. PC World ‘Best of CES 2019’ (for SXFI THEATER)
9. Aktualne ‘Best of CES 2019’
10. Tech Buyer’s Guru ‘Best of CES 2019 (Personal Audio)’
11. POC Network 'Best of CES 2019'
12. AV Mania 'Best of CES 2019' (Hi-Fi)
13. WFMZ (What the Tech) 'Best of CES 2019'

We want to especially thank Mark Henninger for the wonderful support he has give this technology right from the outset, even when it was just in prototype form at CES last year.

Honestly, the tsunami of awards we got this year was a huge surprise for us as we had already showcased the technology last year. But we believe the reason for the many awards this year, besides the fact that all were blown away by the Super X-Fi, was primarily due to the fact that the technology has now manifested into real products, with more to come this year. You can read more about our line-up here: https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/we...x-fi-offerings

And yes, before I forget, some of you here were asking what the basis was for the 99% customer satisfaction rate when we did a small launch in Singapore. It was based on the standard ear and head capture that customers get out of the box.
What is the latency of your Super X-Fi Amp?
Are you guys planning to allow users to use their own HRTFs?
post #90 of 94 Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
What is the latency of your Super X-Fi Amp?
Are you guys planning to allow users to use their own HRTFs?
I would also be very interested in this.

Another basic question (I do not have the SXFI Amp yet):

How do I set the "amplification gain" (16 ohm, 32 ohm, 300 ohm, 600 ohm), there is no dedicated button or setting in the app. The manual also doesn`t mention the 3x amplification gain at all...

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Tags
ces 2018 , creative , dolby atmos , super x-fi , x-fi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page