1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roseval

post #1 of 11 Old 05-01-2019, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter

I'm looking for a BT 5.0 transmitter and there are a few, but it seems they all require you to press a button for it to start transmitting.

Is there anyone that I can leave always connected to my AVR and that will transmit automatically when I turn on my headphones or when there is audio on the input?

I want to avoid leaving my couch.

Last edited by arca; 05-01-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
but it seems they all require you to press a button for it to start transmitting
No, they don't
You need to pair them once and that is indeed a matter of pushing a button.
Once paired they remember their "partner" and wil play without any user interference.
arca likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Yesterday I installed a Henkur Long-range Bluetooth 5.0 Apt XLL and HD Transmitter that I found on Amazon. I bought it to link automatically to my Sony WH1000MX3 headphones when I turned on my receiver or TV. I installed the Henkur to a Smart Plug, turned it on, and paired my Sony's. I then turned off the Smart Plug and programmed it to turn on when I told Alexa to turn on the TV or Receiver. I turned on my Sony's and immediately told Alexa to turn on the TV which of course turns on the Smart plug. Much to my surprise and joy, when the Smart plug suppliers power to the Henkur transmitter it turns on in the pairing mode and reconnects to the previously paired Sony's. I didn't really expect this to work but it did.

I don't see why Henkur couldn't be placed in a switched AC receptacle on the back of a receiver or another switched source that turns on when the receiver is turned on. The key feature here is that the Henkur turns on and goes into a reconnect/pairing mode when power is supplied. I never tested what happens when the physical on/off switch on the Henkur was used which is to say I don't know if it reconnects when turned on with the power button on the device. If someone needs me to test that let me know and I'll try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

I was reading the Q&A on different BT 5.0 transmitters on Amazon, and several said things like the quotes below. I guess there are two potential issues requiring a button press:
1) auto-off after not being used for a while,
2) staying off after a power outage.

bchassy, it sounds like your device does not have issue nr 2. There is no required button press after auto-off either?

---

"I just installed this product to use with my bluetooth headphones. The transmitter turns off after each use. This means I have to get up and reset."
- "Not a question, but, yes, it does that. When you disconnect the device, the transmitter shuts down in a few minutes. You have to turn it on and pair your device each time. Works very well otherwise."

"Does this automatically turn on when plugged into a power source?"
- "It will not automatically turn on friend, just start charging."
post #5 of 11 Old 05-11-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arca View Post
I was reading the Q&A on different BT 5.0 transmitters on Amazon, and several said things like the quotes below. I guess there are two potential issues requiring a button press:
1) auto-off after not being used for a while,
2) staying off after a power outage.

bchassy, it sounds like your device does not have issue nr 2. There is no required button press after auto-off either?

---

"I just installed this product to use with my bluetooth headphones. The transmitter turns off after each use. This means I have to get up and reset."
- "Not a question, but, yes, it does that. When you disconnect the device, the transmitter shuts down in a few minutes. You have to turn it on and pair your device each time. Works very well otherwise."

"Does this automatically turn on when plugged into a power source?"
- "It will not automatically turn on friend, just start charging."
That's right, much to my surprise the device comes up in the link mode after a power outage. There are a lot of Bluetooth transmitter/receiver options listed on Amazon. I'm sure that they all work a little differently depending on how the producer choose to program them.

I played around with mine a little more and found that it does not shut down when the headphones and optical digital input are turned off! The power switch turns it off as does a power interrupt. Restoring the power from being unplugged or via my Smart switch results in the unit turning on and displaying a blinking transmit/pair light. The key feature with my device may be that when you hold down the power button and turn it on, it comes up with a blinking pairing light and will recognize previously paired headphones. I don't have to pair previously paired headphones, they just link automatically.

The unit I have can be found by searching Amazon for "HENKUR Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV, 3 in 1 Bluetooth Audio Adapter aptX HD & APX Low Latency, Dual Link, Optical Digital, RCA AUX 3.5mm for Home Stereo PC Headphones Speaker". It is less expensive than some and seems to work fine. FWIW it works fine with the Sony MX2s and MX3s which aren't the most cooperative headphones to pair,
post #6 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Perfect, and it's long range too! I'll order one and try with Denon's AH-GC25W headphones when they are released in a few days, hopefully.

Thank you
post #7 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 10:37 AM

Please post on how it works for you.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-19-2019, 07:43 PM

@arca did you get the BT 5.0 transmitter and if so, how did it work out?
post #9 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Headphones seem to be delayed until mid-june, but I received the transmitter today. Had to buy it through Ubuy (expensive) because they would not deliver to Sweden. But I don't think I have any way to test it until I get the headphones.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-07-2019, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchassy View Post
@arca did you get the BT 5.0 transmitter and if so, how did it work out?
I finally received my headphones (ended up going with AH-GC30) and had a chance to try out the transmitter. Good news is, it works, I'm happy with the sound quality and the range is enough for my needs. Bad news is that if I leave the transmitter over night it does not connect to my headphones the next day. I do have to either press a button on the transmitter, or turn it off and on again. I solved that by having one of the 12 V-triggers on my AVR turn the transmitter on/off, so it's all good now.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-07-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arca View Post
I finally received my headphones (ended up going with AH-GC30) and had a chance to try out the transmitter. Good news is, it works, I'm happy with the sound quality and the range is enough for my needs. Bad news is that if I leave the transmitter over night it does not connect to my headphones the next day. I do have to either press a button on the transmitter, or turn it off and on again. I solved that by having one of the 12 V-triggers on my amp turn the transmitter on/off, so it's all good now.
Alexa: turn on the Den Bluetooth......Alexa:turn off then Den Bluetooth. Glad to hear it works for you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page