Suggest your preferred open back wireless headphones - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-09-2019, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Suggest your preferred open back wireless headphones

I'm looking for a new set of headphones. My last one was Philip's and lasted 4 years but the charging inlet became dysfunctional. I then bought a pair of Pioneer SE-MS7BT-K. They sound and work fine but it gives me some intense hot ears and the inside of the cups push slightly on my ears which really begin to irritate them after about an hour. I've been searching for a better option and have found a list of things that I think would help but don't want to keep spending on headphones that I don't like.

I'm looking for:
-Price around $100 but up to $150 if it's a good match
-open back
-velour cup pads or similar for improved heat dissipation over leather
-bluetooth/wireless
-comfortable for extended wear

I would like to have external controls for volume control and an internal mic for phone calls or gaming. I don't care about noise cancelling.

I'm not an audiophile so I don't care about how they sound as much so that should make things a little easier. I will be using them for music, gaming (recreational), and movies. I'm not sure what's decent out there. Was looking at the Sennheiser HD 599 open backs but it seems to be corded and not bluetooth. My inexperience with this is making this harder than I feel it should be. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 02:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastingmytime View Post
I'm looking for a new set of headphones. My last one was Philip's and lasted 4 years but the charging inlet became dysfunctional. I then bought a pair of Pioneer SE-MS7BT-K. They sound and work fine but it gives me some intense hot ears and the inside of the cups push slightly on my ears which really begin to irritate them after about an hour. I've been searching for a better option and have found a list of things that I think would help but don't want to keep spending on headphones that I don't like.

I'm looking for:
-Price around $100 but up to $150 if it's a good match
-open back
-velour cup pads or similar for improved heat dissipation over leather
-bluetooth/wireless
-comfortable for extended wear

I would like to have external controls for volume control and an internal mic for phone calls or gaming. I don't care about noise cancelling.

I'm not an audiophile so I don't care about how they sound as much so that should make things a little easier. I will be using them for music, gaming (recreational), and movies. I'm not sure what's decent out there. Was looking at the Sennheiser HD 599 open backs but it seems to be corded and not bluetooth. My inexperience with this is making this harder than I feel it should be. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
A cursory look only found the Grado at amazon for 249. Open back headphones are getting into audiophile range and typically will be corded. This grado appears to be the exception.

https://www.amazon.com/GW100-Wireles...-2-spons&psc=1

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thanks for your response!

I guess the main thing I really want is something that:
won't heat up my ears after a couple hours of use
-will still be comfortable
-blue tooth/wireless with internal pic

The rest I can manage without. Does this make it any easier? What do you guys like that can accomplish this? I'm for comfort over sound for this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2019, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have used a pair of bluetooth headphone since last week but it was only no more than $100. Would you like to try?
post #5 of 5 Old 07-01-2019, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 6
What i did was use the corded and get a Bluetooth receiver best of both worlds..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page