Best Gaming (PUBG via IOS) Bluetooth Options (Headphones or Earbuds) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Roseval
  • 1 Post By Rowan611
  • 1 Post By Mister B.M.

post #1 of 5 Old 10-02-2019, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 237
(Need Advice) Best Gaming (PUBG via IOS) Bluetooth Options (Headphones or Earbuds)

I am trying to get pushed in a direction for some of the best options for low lag Headphones or EarBuds for Bluetooth Gaming via IPAD for PUBG (Person Unknown Battle Ground).

I have always used wired earbuds up until I bought the latest IPad Pro 11 inch...
Now I need to go wireless so as not to deal with the USB-C cord digging into the middle of my hand...

Trying to see what options others have come up with that have worked well for them.

I have tried 3 options that I have purchased and have been using up to now... but feel that there is still a much better option out there (HELP!).

1st is the Sony WH-H900N Headphones - Seem to have the least amount of lag for these 3... but my ears get warm after long sessions and I still think there is a bit of lag although not as noticeable as the next 2 earbuds.
2nd is the Soundcore Anker Liberty Air - Actually has very good sound, they are the most Comfortable of these 3 and battery is usually 5-5-1/2 hours.. but still has a decent amount of lag...
3rd is the SoundPEATS 5.0 - Decent for the lowest cost of the 3 but lag is an issue and the battery is only 4+/- hours.. plus even after changing out the silicone tips these tend to fall out of my ears.

I would really appreciate any comments, options or direction you can give.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by warndry; 10-02-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: More description/clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-03-2019, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The lag (around 200 ms) is inherent to Bluetooth.
The only codec with a low delay (30 ms) is APTX LL (Low Latency)
To the best of my knowledge this codec is not supported by iOS.
warndry likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-03-2019, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 712
I was playing COD Mobile today on Sony 1000XM2s and didn’t notice any lag issues. I’m not saying it isn’t there, I’m just saying I didn’t notice it. I love the XM2s. But....I think a gaming headphone should be either open or semi open. I’m not familiar with the headphones you listed, so maybe they are. But, if that isn’t a concern for you, look for a used pair of XM2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
warndry likes this.

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
Family: Denon AVR-S740 | PSB Alpha AVs | Sony X900F | X1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-05-2019, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've also recently just began looking into the bluetooth audio universe -- What a mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseval View Post
To the best of my knowledge this codec is not supported by iOS.
I'm inclined to agree. And I just learned that its not iOS anymore, but iPadOS. And also that Apple has a proprietary chip called the W1 that is some sort of bluetooth voodoo for making all the pairing and the controlling and stuff Apple-esqe. I tried to find codec citations on Apple.com for the iPad Pro, but I gave up...Apple isn't as forthcoming as Sony...

I was surprised to find that the Sony WH-H900N had the Qualcomm codecs, just not the LL flavor,
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-h900n/specifications
Supported Audio Format(s)SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
because my Sony UBP play doesn't have any of the Qualcomm codecs, nor did any of the other Sony headphones I've researched (but I only looked at a few.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
I was playing COD Mobile today on Sony 1000XM2s
Am curious Rowan611, will your iDevice tell you which codec your Sony 1000XM2s are hooked up via?
warndry likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-05-2019, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B.M. View Post
I've also recently just began looking into the bluetooth audio universe -- What a mess!

I'm inclined to agree. And I just learned that its not iOS anymore, but iPadOS. And also that Apple has a proprietary chip called the W1 that is some sort of bluetooth voodoo for making all the pairing and the controlling and stuff Apple-esqe. I tried to find codec citations on Apple.com for the iPad Pro, but I gave up...Apple isn't as forthcoming as Sony...

I was surprised to find that the Sony WH-H900N had the Qualcomm codecs, just not the LL flavor,

because my Sony UBP play doesn't have any of the Qualcomm codecs, nor did any of the other Sony headphones I've researched (but I only looked at a few.)

Am curious Rowan611, will your iDevice tell you which codec your Sony 1000XM2s are hooked up via?

I’m not sure. Next time I hook them I’ll see if I can find that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
Family: Denon AVR-S740 | PSB Alpha AVs | Sony X900F | X1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page